Air Seychelles Customer Reviews and Air Seychelles Passenger Trip Reports

1 2

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  15 September 2010 by C Mellor   (UK)

LHR-SEZ-LHR for our honeymoon. Flight out was okay - 767-200, aircraft was ancient, there were a scattering of CRT monitors showing three films which were difficult to watch without a revolvable head, crew inattentive and bored looking. Returning on a 767-300, we were first in the queue for check-in because we we wanted to try to get exit aisle seats which we were told we had been given, but when we boarded we found ourselves right in the middle of a section in the middle row. If we'd been told this when we checked in this I'd have understood but we were obviously disappointed to have been lied to. I mentioned our dismay to a crew member who said she would speak to the ground staff and get back to me but she didn't bother. Apparently seats are pre-allocated on the return leg so make sure you try to organise this on the way out. My seat was broken so wouldn't stay in the upright position much to the dismay of the person sitting behind me. There was a projector showing the film which would have been an improvement on the tiny CRTs on the way out, but wasn't because the image had massive horizontal stripes running through it and the colours were completely out. The staff were surly and rude and mostly ignored you. I called for service and was responded to two hours later. They stood at the back chatting and you pretty much had to physically grab them in order to get their attention. The plane was knackered, one of the films broke and had to be restarted and when the announcements were made the film kept playing so you'd miss chunks of it. The food was awful; the dinner like school leftovers, breakfast consisting of grey-egged tortilla and chicken that looked like it had been condemned. The only benefit of Air Seychelles is that the fleet is currently so ancient the seat pitch is fair, which I'm sure they'll change because according to the inflight magazine the fleet will be upgraded.. Their staff need some proper training and to learn the importance of customer service. Any decent airline would have sacked most of them by now. Very disappointed.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  27 August 2010 by S Robson   (UK)

LHR-SEZ-LHR Economy. Quite simply the worst flights ever. The plane did not offer the level of comfort we have come to expect from other airlines on long haul flights. Seats are uncomfortable and cramped and could do with reupholstering. IFE is of the old fashioned type with screens in the middle of the cabin. Film choice limited. We were sitting in window seats and because of the angle the screen took on a green/yellow hue. The cabin crew were bordering on hostile (both legs) and passengers were made to feel like they were an inconvenience. On the return leg one member of the cabin crew dropped a full food tray onto a passenger. She did not say anything at all to him and offered no apology (but she did go and get him some tissues for him to clean up.) ( The outgoing flight was nearly full but the staff managed to put all their belongings onto the back 2 rows that were unoccupied so that they could spread out when they took a break. Passengers were told that they could not use these seats. The staff had a major attitude problem on both legs. The food was virtually inedible. Customer services at Mahe - made a point of visiting the Air Seychelles customer services office to complain about the outgoing flight. On the 3 occasions we visited the office was empty. When we did finally manage to speak a representative they listened to our complaint, nodded a lot, never offered an apology. The day before we flew home we managed to speak to another Air Seychelles rep who was able to move our seats to the centre aisle and block off the spare seat to give us a little more space which is what we had asked for and was a satisfactory outcome. Still no apology though. They handed out customer satisfaction questionnaires on the return leg. I can't think that they had many favourable reviews judging from what the passengers around us were saying as well. Never again! Not a great start or end to our holiday in a beautiful country. We'd go to the Seychelles again but not with Air Seychelles.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  5 August 2010 by Steffen Eriksen   (Norway)

Frankfurt-Mahe return. Simply terrible. Arrived for departure with three small children and asked the staff for seats in the front part of the cabin. Finally they put us in the back of the cabin, close to the toilets. All our five seats were broken in different ways; two of us had to sit on seats without the tilt working, one seat where missing the foam inside the pillow, and all the multimedia was a disaster - headset-contacts simply not there. And finally 4 hours waiting in Mahe due to technical problems.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  7 June 2010 by M Doorne   (France)

CDG-SEZ-CDG. Good flight with B767-300ER. The aircraft has a nice blue relaxing interior in Pearl class and service was okay. Inflight entertainment system very simple and not very good. Cabin crew good and replying on anyone's request. Food was better than expected. Seat was comfortable but not electronic powered. I heard Air Seychelles is going to have a new IFE and lie flat beds later in June.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  3 June 2010 by O Bennett   (UK)

MRU-SEZ-MRU. The 767-200ER on this route is showing its age; I hadn't realised that cabins with a single video display still exist (making it difficult to see the safety video from the rear of the cabin). Visiting the toilet after the outward take off, all the cupboard doors were open and the hand wash bottles were rolling around in the sink. The recline mechanism in my last row window seat was broken. On both legs cabin service was unenthusiastic. Seat pitch though is reasonable.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  10 May 2010 by M Kofsky   (Australia)

SIN-SEZ-SIN. Used Air Seychelles as it was the most direct flight since travelling with 2 young children, but now I wished I had travelled via the middle east. Air Seychelles staff arrogant and unfriendly. Asked for food for kids to no avail. Had to get up and fetch it myself. They had loud conversations with their co-workers across the aisle while serving food. Upon arrival to SEZ airport, my youngest was sleeping on my shoulder and needed help with hand luggage while going down the stairs to the tarmac. Instead of helping, they stood there and watch me like I was their circus act for the night. Thanks to a fellow passenger who came to my rescue! The Air Seychelles cabin crew really has a chip on their shoulder. Didn't look like they were very happy to be doing what they were doing.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  27 April 2010 by Paul Williams   (UK)

LHR-SEZ-SEZ. Our family trip was without incident. Plane was pretty empty on the way out, so plenty of space to move around. Fortunately our flight was the first schedule for the re- opening of air space due to the volcanic ash. Plane full to capacity as expected. Cabin crew very accommodating, able to obtain refreshments at any time.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  9 April 2010 by Julia Foster   (UK)

Heathrow from Mahe - 12.5 hours of hell. We had a seat that you could not tilt and I had a very sharp part of the planes interior sticking in my leg. I asked the stewardess if she could do something - she looked at me as if I had asked her to jump out of the plane and then gave me a cushion to put between me and the broken plug cover. So we had to sit bolt upright in these terrible seats with me having to try not to move or the cushion would fall down.. I have to say I was in tears in the end. I did notice there was another lady in the opposite seats to us and she was in a very distressed was too. Wrote to Air Seychelles hoping for an apology and an explanation as to why they let anyone travel in these most terrible seats. I have not heard a word. Very upset. Next time we will go with another airline and I will have no second thoughts about telling any of my friends to do the same.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  21 December 2009 : by Stéphane Gallon   (France)

CDG-SEZ-CDG. Overall average airline that left me with mixed feelings. Outward flight delayed by 2 hours due to technical failure with chaotic (or no) information given (AF staff and Aeroport de Paris are responsible). Inward flight was on time. Smily and efficient crew on outward flight versus grumpy and unfriendly crew on inward flight. On both flights, business class seats show their age and very old concept (no lie flat, no electrical control). IFE is a joke (not on demand, personal screens show only two channels) but crew can provide on request some DVD like personal readers with a (limited) choice. 5 movies that are on demand. Aircraft are old, but food (choice of international and creole) and wines (1 champagne, 2 red and 2 white wines) were good with a nice service of cheese and desserts. Unfortunately absolutely no service between meals on inward day flight. Beverages had to be negotiated with crew in the galley. Lounges good (but AF at CDG). To sum up, decent aircraft with modern cabins are needed, and some cabin crew need to improve their attitude.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  3 September 2009 : by Pascal Limoges  (France)

CDG-SEZ-CDG. Aircraft pretty clean and comfortable. IFE is very limited - 3 movies were screened all of them with a French soundtrack. Meals excellent, and we were served champagne for the aperitif. Crews nice and helpful.

1 2

Air Seychelles Reviews and Air Seychelles Passenger Opinions about Air Seychelles standards