PAGE loading ... please wait!

Air One Customer Reviews and Air One Passenger Trip Reports

No Star Ranking

Add your Air One Review

Air One Unclassified Star Ranking

Air One
4.1 out of 10  4.1 out of 10

AIR ONE Customer review :  16 January 2014 by M Poliquin    (Canada)

Flew Toronto-Rome return last September 2013. Our Sunquest package indicated Alitalia flights but the planes used were Air One for both flights. Because are tickets were from Alitalia and the flights with Air One (which we did not know), we were unable to reserve our seats. We will therefore avoid any packages flying with Alitalia in case we get Air One flights: dirty and uncomfortable seats, very poor service and food, same old movies on old TV screens for both flights and Air One in Rome did not have direct access to the airport. We were transported in a bus, had to line-up in the rain for embarking: this was quite painful. In communicating with Alitalia after our return, Alitalia indicated that Air One and Alitalia are the same airline.

AIR ONE Customer review :  4 November 2013 by Rodney Cameron    (Australia)

Flew Lamezia Terme to Venice and booked and paid more for the front seats, where the middle seat is person free. What a great idea and well worth it! Had a great flight, on a budget airline so pay more and get the best service.

AIR ONE Customer review :  28 October 2013 by J Landy    (UK)

No problems on our flight Venice to Catania. Clean plane, fair leg-room and clean toilet.

AIR ONE Customer review :  13 September 2013 by Marco Beneditti    (Canada)

FCO-YYZ, Y class (booked as AZ 650). You would think that Alitalia would be more cognizant of it's market, when there is approx. half-million Italians like myself in Southern Ontario. I will never fly AZ again. Me and several other passengers were shocked and confused when transported on a bus from the gate at FCO to the aircraft. Yes, it was a A330-200, but was an "Air One" aircraft. Getting on the plane was a joke - both exits were used for access, people entered as they pleased, and blocked orderly boarding. The seats were old, stained, and often didn't recline. No AVOD? Even the worst North American airlines have this. The crew assured me they were "Alitalia" - but the attitude, service, food, AVOD was barely in order with a third world airline. The crew tried, but with such poor facilities and seats - leaving people to get antsy during a 9 1/2 hour flight, caused tempers to flare. Food was mediocre, wine was a generic table wine, and poor coffee. I am incensed that my ticket said Alitalia - yet I was forced to use Air One - beware on the AZ 650, FCO-YYZ route.

AIR ONE Customer review :  1 July 2013 by Raul Santos Filho    (Brazil)

Booked tickets to fly from Catania to Verona with my wife. I'm an Air France Platinum flying blue passenger (elite plus in sky team). My flight was delayed 6 hours. What irritated me most is that we entered the skypriority line and the attendant wasn't able to check us in. She told us to go to another line, I was told to go to the front of the line. The attendant there was not very polite. Lack of organisation. The only good thing is that the people at the Alitalia lounge were very polite and allowed us to stay there to wait 6 hours. Finally the plane was dirty and not much room for the legs.

AIR ONE customer review :  23 April 2013 by C Massimiliano   (Czech Republic)

Prague to Milan Malpensa one way. We booked our flight in late February for 6th of May. Suddenly today (22nd of April) our flight has been rescheduled to the 5th of May. The only option available was to accept the change because flights with other companies were way too expensive at this time. We are going to have problem with the reservation of the hotel as well. I've experienced changes of reservations concerning hours but not days especially on a 1 hour flight! I've flown several times (approx. 60) on the route Milan Malpensa and Prague with easyjet and nothing has ever happened.

AIR ONE customer review :  7 November 2012 by Stephen D'Arcy   (Belgium)

Brussels (Zaventem) - Venice (Marco Polo) : out 01/1112, back 05/11/12. Airbus 320, almost full in both directions. Outward flight at 10.25 had already flown in from Venice but was spotlessly clean; a fairly new plane. Nice to have seatbelts that fitted the more mature passenger! Food not tasted but the red and white wines were good. All announcements in Italian and English. No call to use the WC but no reason to doubt it would not be to the same standard as the flight cabin. Return flight at 07.50 just as good. Staff were well- presented and professional. In view of some previous postings I was concerned about cleanliness, but no need. When I checked the day before travelling I realised that when I booked in June 2012 I had not booked hold baggage (at extra cost) but I was only entitled to eight kilo cabin baggage, which for a four-day visit was enough. You need to print off 2 copies of the boarding passes, but you can print these out almost immediately; you don't need to wait until the day before.

AIR ONE customer review :  29 October 2012 by M Gul   (Turkey)

Flown Istanbul-Venice (codeshare flight with Alitalia). It was the dirtiest aircraft I have ever flown. The plane never seemed clean, the pockets behind seats were full of junk. Chewing gum everywhere. Price is affordable, but service is very poor.

AIR ONE customer review :  10 September 2012 by W Henrikson   (Canada)

We have flown extensively and used many airlines with good and bad experience. We have never flown a dirtier plane nor watched more people get upset than our first and last flight on Air One. There was dirt and food under the seats and the bathrooms were filthy. We took this flight because of the Air Italian name which does nothing and means nothing. There is insufficient disclosure on baggage policy. Almost everyone in line ahead of us had luggage weight issues. people were upset and some crying and left behind. They have dropped to 20 kg. vs most airlines at 23 kg. and this puts most people 2 to 3 kg. over. They confirm excess baggage costs but should disclose them clearly up front. They count on travellers lack of knowledge and then proceed to charge exorbitant fees that exceed the costs of the passengers flights. A student ahead had to pay 40euros for two kg excess in pack. We talked to many people in line, in boarding, and on plane. This is not a low cost airline when you see the rates people actually have to pay for what they receive. We could have flown with a quality carrier for less.

AIR ONE customer review :  22 January 2011 by M Bledsoe   (USA)

Milan to Catania. The gate number was not posted until just before the scheduled departure which required a mad dash to a different location. When we arrived at the gate, no Air One personnel were there. When 2 people finally arrived, they were unresponsive to passengers. At one point, they just left to go see what was happening at another gate. There was no explanation or apology. The flight was more than an hour late departing. The plane was dirty and cramped. No food service was available unless purchased. We had a difficult time boarding. Buses was late, and the crew would not allow passengers to enter at both the front and rear of the plan3 although steps were in place at both. Chaotic, unorganized, and unprofessional in all respects.

AIR ONE customer review :  1 January 2011 by Cesare Recalcati   (Italy)

Milan MXP-Palermo-Milan MXP Delay in Milan without explanation, aircraft clean with 32" pitch, return flight with 31" pitch. The crew did the minimum request. No free service on board, no inflight book, no IFE, very poor web site and web check in not always available. A taxi airline.

AIR ONE customer review :  17 January 2010 by M Newton   (USA)

We traveled Boston-Rome on Alitalia (One Air) for Christmas 2009. It was the worst flight we have taken. The food was horrible and inedible. There was one children's Pixar movie going over. There was no Duty Free shopping available. We were allowed to help ourselves to snacks at the flight attendant's station. The plastic coffee cup I was given was dirty and had to be replaced. The coffee was Nescafe instant coffee, which speaks volumes about the "new" Alitalia. This airline has no shame.

AIR ONE customer review :  8 January 2010 by Sabino Chetta   (UK)

BDS-LIN. Staff rude and hard boiled, unwilling to listen to their customers nor empathy for them, shifting their responsibilities to someone else. They carry out their job as it was admin procedures to follow. At the check in desk, there wasn’t the flight No displayed on their monitor - queuing for 45 minutes without knowing which counter was it. Onboard staff are hidden at the back. No snack because the flight was delayed! Very poor English.

AIR ONE customer review : 8 January 2010 by B Dickerson

1 Star Rating

Rome to Newark. We had booked with Delta but the flight was being operated by Alitalia. I was more than surprised when we were boarded on an Air One plane. I nominate this "airline" as the worst I have ever had the misfortune of flying. In all my years of flying I have never experienced passengers having to self serve the snacks. The food was terrible, cabin dirty, movie in Italian only, flight attendants seemed like they hated being there and were irritated when passengers made any kind of request. The flight was 2 hours late in leaving which they said was due to increased security checks. I don't mind going thru security twice but if you know that it is going to take more time start the procedure earlier! I would never suggest this airline to anybody or ever consider flying with them again! Proceed at your own risk!

AIR ONE customer review : 7 August 2009 by E Birman

2 Star Rating

A330 on FCO-JFK route, Alitalia flight operated by Air One. Left 2 hours late, arrived over 2 hours late: typical Alitalia service. Cabin service was generally ok, but clearly not at the level of its international competitors. Cabin crew looked like the flight was the last place they wanted to be. If you can book another airline out of FCO (like Continental or Delta,) I say go for that and leave Air One/Alitalia to the uninitiated.

AIR ONE customer review : 13 July 2009 : by J Colvin

1 Star Rating

Boston/Rome return. I booked with Alitalia and thought it would have that level of service. As previous reviews have said, terrible and abrupt attendants and horrible food — breakfast was steamed soggy white bread with cheese and tomato between the slices. Dinners were just as terrible. Wine offered free but wasn't worth it at that price. And even worse were the dirty, stained seats. On my outbound flight my aisle seat was held together with duct tape! Stay away from Air One at all costs.

AIR ONE customer review : 11 May 2009 : by L Welch

3 Star Rating

Boston to Rome return. The flight was not that bad. However the outbound and return just seemed to lack what would be expected from an international flight. Food was OK, not what Alitalia was like just a couple of years ago. The entertainment system was dated but it worked. The seats were cramped and not that comfortable but tolerable for a 7-9 hr flight. If that was the entire situation I would probably take the airline again since I do go to Italy now and then and prefer not to change aircraft in another European country. That is assuming the price is competitive. However, what really argues against buying a ticket on Air One/ Alitalia again is the perfunctory attitude of the onboard staff. I guess they do not get it that they are in a service industry. I never saw the least bit of a smile from the flight attendants. Any extra request from a couple of fellow passengers were met with what I believe was an attitude problem. Am I asking too much for a smile and a can do attitude. Also, I really miss flying into Milan's Malpensa. Rome airport is a real challenge. The bussing to and from aircraft is a real pain. Do they not know about jetways in this major international airport?

AIR ONE customer review : 11 March 2009 : by L Nicoll

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

Boston to Venice returning from Rome. To my surprise what I experienced what seems to be the new Alitalia. Check in pleasant and easy. Boarding our flight the flight attendants were helpful and friendly. Our flight on Air One was comfortable with a 2x5x2 configuration with dinner and breakfast served. The food was just okay. Our transfer to a smaller Alitalia plane in Rome was fine. My biggest concern was losing our baggage since we were on a tour but everything arrived on time. Too bad for our other tour friends who flew an American carrier and their luggage was lost. Our flight back just as pleasant.

AIR ONE customer review : 17 January 2009 : by V Johnson

1 Star Rating

If this isn't the worst airline I have ever been on, it is close. Flight delayed out of O'Hare to accommodate passengers from a canceled Alitalia flight. Food was mediocre at best and service was abrupt. On the return trip from Milan to O'Hare one of our bags was lost. Was told it would be shipped to us via UPS and we would be called with the eta and tracking number. No phone call was ever made to us and the phone number given to us for the O'Hare lost baggage desk was never manned and had a full mail box. So we were unsure of the status of the lost bag until the UPS driver showed up at our house 5 days later. The customer service person at the general number tried to help by giving me phone numbers in Rome and some baggage complaint email addresses. Nightmare!

AIR ONE customer review : 24 December 2008 : by Paul Antony

1 Star Rating

Milan - Chicago. This is the worst airline I ever flew. The food is very bad, the staff don't care about passengers but themselves . The phone customer service is a joke. I called to make a change and I was disconnected several times, then some lady answered and she was very rude, put me on hold couple times and after she was done she wouldn't let me ask another question and she just hung up. Try calling them from the US and you will see what I'm talking about. The phone system is so bad that you can barely hear what they are talking. Again, it's the worst airline I ever had to deal with.

AIR ONE customer review : 18 December 2008 : by T Gosnell

1 Star Rating

Chicago to Milan. Awful customer service! I would never fly this airline again. It took over 3.5 months to get the refund they owed me and now that I have received it, it's $140 short of what is owed. No one will answer at their refund office and I have sent two email that have gone unanswered as well. Terrible customer service, I would never fly this airline again.

AIR ONE customer review : 14 November 2008 : by Vicki Langdon

3 Star Rating

ORD to Milan. New plane, not many passengers, so comfortable trip. Food and drink OK. Entertainment minimal. Bags were lost, had to stay an extra night in Milan, cancel a reservation in Florence and buy a new train ticket to Florence in order to catch up with our bags. Rome to ORD via Milan a good experience. Not too many passengers, comfortable trip. Bags arrived. Don't know about compensation for lost luggage yet.

AIR ONE customer review : 9 November 2008 : by Alan Mackenzie

3 Star Rating

CPH to FCO. Fairly quick airport check in (no on-line check in available as we had hold luggage). Brand spanking new (2006) A320 Airbus. Minimum attention from the aircraft staff. Almost nothing to eat & drink - what is described as a free 'Snack' consists of a small bag of very hard, dry, thick herb biscuits: almost like naval 'hard tack', and to drink is a choice of water or soda pop. No coffee, no tea, no juice, no wine - and nothing to buy! Not too good on a 2 hour flight. So if you are a person who likes to dine on the way do not fly with AirOne, unless you bring your own picnic.

AIR ONE customer review : 6 October 2008 : by T Dietrich

2 Star Rating

Chicago (ORD) - Milano Malpensa (MXP) For an international flight the inside of the plane was very poor. No individual entertainment. The food was nasty and cold. Staff was rude - and on top of that my baggage got lost. Not recommendable.

AIR ONE customer review : 1 October 2008 : by Mark Brewer

2 Star Rating

FCO-AHO-FCO, on new-looking and clean A320. Staff not very friendly, and the snack suggested served when I bought the tickets did not materialise - it does seem they have done away with this. In fairness, it's not a big issue on a 40-minute flight. The cold drink was appreciated. While the return leg passed without incident, the outward journey was a farce. The 21:55 service was delayed, without giving us any kind of reason why. When we finally arrived in Alghero, no-one came through to tell us that our bags had not been put on the plane! The hotel transfer driver told me that this is a common occurrence with that flight. It took a long time for passengers - many of whom did not speak a great deal of Italian - to be made aware of the situation, and then three poor staff had to deal with a large number of frustrated passengers. The bags were eventually delivered (to our hotels) the next morning.

AIR ONE customer review : 14 September 2008 : by T Lucca

2 Star Rating

LIN-CAG-LIN, flight attendants were unfriendly and unpolite. The service was worse than usual. Only drinks offered and neither tea on a morning flight. The aircraft was very new. The return flight was 1hr and 30 min late due to weather. Also on this flight only drinks were offered, and when I asked something to eat to a steward he answered me that snacks were not provided on that flight. Then I read on the ticket that a small snack should have been served. Very sorry to see that AP is going closer to a low cost airline in term of service and politeness of the crew.

AIR ONE customer review : 1 August 2008 : by Christoffer Madsen

3 Star Rating

PMO-MXP with AirOne on a 737. Check in a breeze and aircraft only about 50% full. Staff in general was not very welcoming. Inflight service a non-alcoholic drink and biscuits on this 1 hour flight, very similar to what Alitalia offers. In general a very average experience and I must admit I expected a bit more but since I can earn SAS Eurobonus points on this Airline, I will probably choose them over Alitalia on domestic flights in Italy.

AIR ONE customer review : 5 July 2008 : by T Lucca

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

LIN-FCO-BDS. First flight a new A320,second one an old B737-400. The service was not special - I expected more by a private airline who competes against Alitalia. Seats were comfortable,33-34 pitch on both aircrafts. Connection in Rome a breath. Overall a 4 star experience.

AIR ONE customer review : 20 June 2008 : by P Walters

3 Star Rating

Naples to Paris via Turin. Check in was easy enough except they couldn't issue a boarding pass for Turin to Paris. Got away with baggage being 2kgs overweight which was good. Seems their seat allocation system does not work too well as another passenger was also allocated in the same seat, I got there first so I kept it and she was reseated elsewhere. Arrived into Turin slightly late, I then had to go into the terminal to collect my boarding pass for the next flight which had already closed, then I had to clear security which was crazy and got to the gate at the last minute then onto a bus to the same plane I had just disembarked from. Service onboard both flights was identical, a small pack of biscotti and a drink, at least the biscotti was different flavours. Arrived into Paris pretty much on time however after waiting for baggage collection and still no bag the display changed to delivery complete, where was my bag. Two ladies waiting nearby were also in the same boat and off the same flight so we headed to baggage enquiries. I eventually got my bag back the following evening, it appears it was offloaded in Turin. If I fly with Air One again it won't be on a connecting flight, I think they need to improve their ground services.

Air One - by Geoff Wyndham-Jones

3 November 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 3 Star Rating

FCO-LCY-LIN-FCO. Routing was originally FCO-LCY-FCO, but return leg was cancelled, and routing via Milan was advised by email in good time. Rome-London and London-Milan operated by Transwede with Avro RJ70 - planes clean and well-maintained; information from flight deck adequate, but given in English with a heavy accent. Pre-assigned seating; FA's did their job, but no more - complementary food was a sandwich and coffee. All-in-all, a reasonable product for a regional airline. However, Milan-Rome an internal flight, with free seating, which turned into a free-for-all which delayed departure: aircraft an older 737, but in reasonable condition; FA's off-hand and mechanical. Internal flights therefore no different from any other full-fare carrier in Europe.

Air One - by S Mariani

23 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 2 Star Rating

London City to Rome Fco Economy class. The price was very low, the flight on time and the crew quite pleasant - but the plane was awfully old. Service was a frozen roll with vegetables and drinks - not much worse than other short haul carriers.

Air One - by R Ruettimann

13 July 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 3 Star Rating

Zurich-Catania. Friendly cabin crew offering sandwiches and soft drinks. Landing, immigration and aircraft-change in Naples - sealed duty free bags with perfumes and drinks are confiscated at Naples airport. No info at Zurich check-in about this procedure and no info from duty free-shop! seems that they just want to sell!