Air New Zealand Passenger Reviews and Air New Zealand Customer Trip reports

Air New Zealand Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Nick Barniville    (Germany)

NZ1 on 13/10/2013, NZ2 on 21/10/2013. Best airline experience from LHR-LAX. Amazing service, really comfortable proper bed, super food and a great crew. Faultless service. Can definitely recommend business class.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  23 October 2013 by C Steel    (New Zealand)

Air NZ has gone downhill lately and is more like a budget airline. Couldn't use the electronic check in kiosk and there was no-one to help. When we finally found someone she was very rude about our baggage, told us we couldn't take one bag then just walked off and left us, even though we were within the weight limit. Very rude. We would have been allowed a stroller for our baby but not a bag. Infants are allowed a carry on bag (not checked in), but as parents travelling with young children the last thing you need is another bag you have to lug through the airport. The assistant at the bag drop wouldn't help me get our bags on the conveyor even though I was carrying a baby at the time. Another passenger kindly helped instead. There were spare seats on the plane but they don't put them next to the people with kids who could really use them. Meals were tasty but small.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Anthony Gallacher    (Australia)

I booked on a flight from Los Angeles to Auckland on a 777-300 premium economy specifically to travel in their 2-2-2 Space Seating on a colleagues recommendation. Air New Zealand changed the aircraft to a 777-200 without any recourse. This aircraft is equipped with the old 3-4-3 economy seat type configuration and just not worth the additional cost especially as I was allocated a middle seat. You may as well travel in economy. Be aware, you may book on a 777-300 to secure a space seat in premium economy just to be bumped to a 700-200 economy seat. I will be staying with Emirates or Qantas.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Robert Sintes    (New Zealand)

Latest aircraft on a flight from CHCH to AKL, NZ 510. Seats do not have any ability to recline backwards (even slightly) leaving tall passengers with a very uncomfortable ride on a brand new aircraft. I cannot imagine who at Air New Zealand made the decision to eliminate adjustable seats on this large aircraft.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  16 October 2013 by James Hammond    (New Zealand)

Flew from Rarotonga to Auckland to Blenheim, pleased on the way to Rarotonga on the B777-200 but the return flight was at midnight so I had to pay another night stay, then found that I was flying on an A320 for 4 hours. Auckland to Blenheim on the Q300, better than the Beach 1900D. The cost was crazy to Blenheim, but Rarotonga was better. I got free drinks because I had Works Deluxe. Highly suggest the works!

Air New Zealand Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Greg Cronan    (Australia)

Had a great trip, MEL-AKL-LAX. The food and service were first class on full planes. This is the best way to judge an airline and New Zealand kept up the service all the way. The planes were all on time and I was impressed with the economy section meals. I needed an aisle seat and the staff went out of their way to get the seat for me. The inflight entertainment was second to none and the planes modern and comfortable.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  14 October 2013 by J Ireland    (Australia)

I paid extra for priority seating for myself and two companions and received no "priority" whatsoever on both long haul flights from Auckland to San Francisco and back. Seating was incredibly cramped. What a waste of money.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  14 October 2013 by R de Maid    (Australia)

Flew LHR to LAX and SFO-AKL-MEL. The staff on both the long haul legs were friendly and attentive. The PE seats on the 777-300 are far superior to those on the 777-200 but both have heaps of space. The food on all legs was really good and the NZ wines were excellent. I was offered (and accepted) single malt whisky which I thought pretty good. The overall service was far superior to both QF and CX (both of which were in Business Class) on our outward legs from MEL.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  10 October 2013 by J Joyce    (New Zealand)

My flights were from Christchurch to Auckland return. I was reasonably happy with everything except the seating. On both flights I was allocated a middle seat with no choice of changing. The space between the seat rows has been reduced so much my knees are jammed into the seat in front and when the passenger in front also reclined their seat there is no space to move or read. The passengers on either side of my seat both claimed the arm rests and I had to continually jostle for space. On one flight the passenger in front was not asked to put their seat upright before landing. I used to enjoy flying but now dread the thought of it.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  8 October 2013 by K Rizky Adi    (Indonesia)

SIN-LAX-AKL. Really good trip, although delayed 1 hour in Singapore's Changi Airport. All passengers got Vouchers for Burger King. Arriving at Auckland Airport, I waited in the Air New Zealand Lounge, clean and organized! It became one of the favourites of the trip.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  7 October 2013 by J Egan    (New Zealand)

AKL-LAX in Economy. Great to finally use the check-in machines at AKL for flights to N. America (now we just need online check-in). Efficient boarding and the dinner service was prompt after take-off, which maximises sleep time. Dinner was a nice, but salty, corned beef. Seat is comfortable, crew were professional but rather cold. Breakfast was fine - but I find most airlines breakfasts nasty, so this is a plus. It'd be interesting to see what my opinion was if there was any competition on this route for NZ. But for a monopoly the experience was more than good enough.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  7 October 2013 by Susan Oughton    (UK)

I travelled from LHR via LAX to New Zealand on 10 Sep 2013 and returned to LHR the same way on 3 Oct 2013. I cannot praise Air New Zealand's service highly enough. Everything was perfect, and in my opinion could not be faulted. A wonderful airline!

Air New Zealand Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Drake Jake    (Australia)

MEL-AKL Sep 2013 on 777. Business class overall generally what you'd expect but more expensive and not quite the experience of other trans-Tasman options. Herringbone seating comfortable enough but I am not a fan of the angled nature of it; window seats angled into the cabin making looking out of the window difficult. In-flight entertainment, food and beverages and service competent but not outstanding. Air NZ lounge in Melbourne nothing to write home about, no view other than the underside of docked aircraft and minimal food and drink.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  30 September 2013 by K Hughes    (UK)

LHR-LAX-AKL-LAX-LHR. First time flying Air NZ and was very impressed with the in-flight experience. Service excellent and lie flat seats on 777 were fabulous. Inflight entertainment has full TV series (not the one-off episodes provided by many other airlines). All in all I would recommend Air NZ. One small complaint is the transit through LAX (and therefore US customs/immigration). Would be improved by transiting through Vancouver or even Mexico City.