Air Namibia Passenger Reviews and Air Namibia Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

AIR NAMIBIA customer review :  27 October 2008 : by Sue Parker  (UK)

LGW to Windhoek return. Flight on time outbound and return with efficient boarding at LGW although free for all at Windhoek; however crew curt to the point of being rude except for one female cabin attendant on return leg. Food barely edible especially going out. Seats have plenty of leg room but are uncomfortable as the lumber bars do not work. Some problems with the heating - cold going out and excessively hot on return. IFE very basic largely with third rate films. Business lounge in Windhoek too small as a number of largish flights to CPT and JNB all going at at same time as LGW flight. I appreciate that Air Namibia is a cheap option and a direct route from London, but would think twice before using them again.

AIR NAMIBIA customer review :  10 October 2008 : by M Barnes  (UK)

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

Frankfurt to Windhoek return Economy. Check in no problem. Flights on time. Seats ok. Food reasonable. Outward leg was the first time I have ever been cold at the back of an Airbus. In flight service disappointing. Crew did the minimum they could get away with. On occasions were actually rude. Uncaring and ignored requests for assistance. Main screen entertainment only with non functioning headphones. I do not recommend air Namibia but they have little competition to push standards up. German 'um pah' music during boarding and disembarking amused the Germans as well as the Brits!

AIR NAMIBIA customer review :  7 August 2008 : by J Stringer  (UK)

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

Just got back from a fantastic trip to Namibia, but Air Namibia provided a disappointing end to the trip. They cunningly changed the time of the flight, bringing it forward by an hour and a half, so instead of getting to the airport almost 3 hours before departure, it turned out to be leaving in an hour! Clearly no-one else had been told either as the queue was out the door - and to cap it all, they only had one check-in desk open - I couldn't believe it! We eventually checked in about 2 minutes before it was due to take off and eventually left almost an hour late. A real shambles, and what annoys me is that they clearly have all my contact details and could have contacted me via email or mobile to inform of the changes - I guess that would be too much to ask. I have traveled around the world and never re-confirmed a flight, but would strongly recommend that you do with Air Namibia - it seems that the airline can't match the service and customer experience that the rest of Namibia offers.

AIR NAMIBIA customer review :  17 June 2008 : by Andy Thompson  (UK)

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

WDH-CPT. The plane seemed to be an old Air France 737 as I noticed "Air France" on the seat belts and "Sortie" for exit. Although an old aircraft, it was clean and the crew were professional. I also quite enjoyed the hot meal that was served. Much better than I expected!

AIR NAMIBIA customer review:  31 March 2008 by Iain Strickland     (UK)

4 Star Rating

LGW to JNB in business class. I can only say what a pleasure it was - they don't have lie flat seats, but there is plenty of leg room, food and wine excellent. Service first class and would recommend them. The A340 is starting to look a little tired, but for the price I paid, I was satisfied.

AIR NAMIBIA customer review:  10 January 2008 by J Tuck     (UK)

4 Star Rating

Gatwick to Windhoek return. Very pleasantly surprised by the leg room and comfort in economy. Food was nothing special and the cabin crew were not very helpful or friendly, but given the price difference between this and the alternative of going via South Africa, this direct flight is well worth the money.

AIR NAMIBIA customer review:  27 December 2007 by Penelope Schrywer     (South Africa)

1 Star Rating

Travelled from CPT to Walvis Bay on 21.12.2007. Usually Air Namibia is up to standard, but was greatly disappointed on this flight. No safety talks, poor welcoming by the pilot. In addition, because of the three stops, three meals were served. As I had to be at the airport 2 hours prior to take off, I had been up since 5am. One would have expected a hearty breakfast, but all that was served was a small stale roll, a yoghurt without a spoon and juice. Next came a snack. A sorry sized muffin and juice. The next stop we were all pretty hungry and were looking forward to lunch. Instead a small bag of pretzels and juice. Most of the passengers were commenting on this one. In addition to this and to my utter disgrace, I had a half sucked sweet charmingly left in my lunch pack! Disgusting! I can only imagine how the food is prepared! Where is it sourced from? Who are Air Namibia's suppliers? I have been highly disgusted in this trip and pray that my return flight will be better. Should the air line not step up to it this time with respect to both service and hygiene, I will be sure to book on another, more competitive air line.

AIR NAMIBIA review:  31 October 2007 by Lynne Holliday     (UK)

4 Star Rating

LGW to Windhoek and back. We upgraded seats only on the way out for 150 each. We felt it was money well spent as we were able to stretch out and sleep through the night flight and enjoy a full day on arrival. We weren't trapped by the seats in front if we needed to move. Unlike Virgin Premium Economy the additional space was really significant. We also upgraded on the way back although the increased price made it barely justifiable but enabled me to work the next day. The plane was clean , the food good and staff were attentive, professional and friendly.

AIR NAMIBIA review:  28 October 2007 by Keith Hart     (UK)

4 Star Rating

LGW to Windhoek A340-300. Cabin crew excellent, meals good and well presented, water on offer at frequent intervals throughout flight. Flight crew informative. A pleasant flight with comfortable seating and reasonable leg room in economy). Transfer at Windhoek went without problems. Windhoek to J'burg Boeing 737 about 1hour 40mins but received hot meal which was well presented. Return flights as comfortable as outward flight with excellent cabin crew. In all not a bad experience on any of the four flights we made with Air Namibia, we have experienced much worse with larger more prestigious airlines

AIR NAMIBIA review:  11 October 2007 by John Hague     (UK)

4 Star Rating

Gatwick Windhoek and return. Excellent flights on time with good meals each time. Cabin crew polite and very efficient with a full flight. Leg room adequate with good space at row 47 window and aisle. Seats uncomfortable and hard possible due to overuse. Upgrade price of 150 is excessive for just a better seat and space. Would fly again with them.

1 2 3