Air India Customer Reviews and Air India Passenger Trip Reports

Air India Customer review :  13 November 2013 by G Anlezark    (Australia)

Air India needs to get back to basics and retrain staff, what a miserable bunch. I have flown three times with them and there is not one good thing I can say about the flights. The last flight, and it will be the last, we travelled from Mumbai/Delhi/Singapore, all that can be said about it was that we left and arrived on time. I decided that a fitting end to our stay in India would be to spend a couple of days at the Taj Hotel, Mumbai, we have done so for two years, what a magic end to our India journey. But it wasn't the end - I had to endure the Air India flight, and that left a nasty taste in our mouths.

Air India Customer review :  8 November 2013 by K Byrne    (UK)

Dubai to Goa, worst aircraft I have travelled on, dirty, scruffy, broken parts. How can Air India be a National Airline? Inflight entertainment poor, food poor, flight attendants abysmal. Third world airline.

Air India Customer review :  4 November 2013 by Harold Bush    (UK)

I was a bit apprehensive before boarding as I read some very bad reviews of Air India but I must say my flight from Mumbai to Delhi on 31 October (AI601) was very good. We were on time, flight attendants were really friendly and worked very hard and the breakfast was one of the best ever in my many years of travelling. Check in staff was friendly and gave me and my companions a big smile. I would travel with them again any time. So much better that many European airlines and as good as some Asian ones.

Air India Customer review :  4 November 2013 by Jiju Joseph    (UAE)

I have been hearing horror stories about Air India and my recent trip proved that they are true. Travelled SHJ-COK on AI934 on 1st November. AI used 20 year old A320 (VT-ESH) with pealed off panels, rattling windows and to make the journey worse, there was no water in the toilets. Cabin crew were in no mood to work at all and after the food was served, they ignored the calls from the passengers for service and were busy chatting to each other. This was the worst flight I ever had since my first flight in 1998 and I will never travel Air India again.

Air India Customer review :  1 November 2013 by Ganesh Rao    (Singapore)

AI 347, 30 Sep 2013. Travelled on SIN-MAA route. The flight was on time. Take off and landing was smooth. Food served was fresh and good. The air hostesses were pleasant too. Sad to see they have taken out entertainment units from the SIN-MAA route. Overall a pleasant flight.

Air India Customer review :  1 November 2013 by S Lee    (Singapore)

I took Air India to Singapore, and transit via two domestic airports at Kolkata and Chennai in October 2013. Aircraft's was dirty and old, the seats were spoilt and not cleaned. The cabin crew were unfriendly. What was worst is that the co-ordination between Air India check in counter and the airport departure notifications were repeatedly inconsistent in all my connecting flights, causing many confusion and at one connecting flight, I was almost late and got reprimanded openly and loudly by the staff when I was already racing to the different gate (that was on a different floor from that indicated on the Kolkata airport terminal). Disappointing, I had thought that this is a state airline and was anticipating better service.

Air India Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Felix Scholzen    (Germany)

One of the worst airlines I have ever flown with. Although I've flown with the new Dreamliner from Delhi to Frankfurt, the aircraft was in a disappointing condition. The cleanliness was poor, the crew was rude, incompetent and not very service oriented. At least the flight was cheap.

Air India Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Valentine Mendanha    (India)

Flew from Bangalore to Goa - Flight delayed an hour but we were called and informed in advance. Aircraft was cramped. No entertainment considering the flight was going onwards to Dubai. The women crew were old and clumsy. No greeting, while clearing trays. I really don't know why the even bother serving anything - two tiny biscuits and lukewarm tea. On the return, flight was better, more comfortable, limited entertainment. Flight from Goa to Bangalore went via Pune and Hyderabad - small packet of peanuts and soft drink until Pune, from Pune to Hyderabad, two tiny biscuits and lukewarm tea, and from Hyderabad to Bangalore - 2 biscuits and lukewarm coffee. This is supposed to be a full service airline! Would rather pay less and fly a low cost airline in future.

Air India Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Parth Sharma    (India)

AI112 from London to Delhi on AI112. The worst journey. The TV wasn't working, lights were not working, call button was not working and air hostesses were rude.

Air India Customer review :  10 October 2013 by David Graubard    (USA)

AI 888 on 7 October - Mumbai to Delhi. A321. No boarding announcement made until an agent was already taking boarding passes. Friendly welcome on-board - about 45% full so plenty of room. Smooth take off and flight - dinner served and was good quality veggie or chicken curry. In-flight entertainment was only 5 channels and only 1 in English language. Landed and parked at a gate but disembarked via stairs on the right side of the plane - never done that before. Bus to the terminal and bag already coming out. Overall a good flight!

Air India Customer review :  8 October 2013 by J Bhasin    (Australia)

Traveled for the first time with Air India - MEL-DEL on 20th Sept 2013. I must say I was very impressed with service. Crew were excellent and so was the food. Dreamliner aircraft didn't disappointed me at all. Every need was attended to with attention.

Air India Customer review :  7 October 2013 by K Rahman    (India)

DEL-LHR on Dreamliner. This was a good flight. Two full meals - a hot breakfast after take off and a full lunch service about 3 hours before arriving in London. The food was actually better in quality and quantity than on Lufthansa which I took last month, where the lunch was little more than a snack. South Indian hot breakfast and western main lunch course were both delicious. Flat seats on Dreamliner very good and Caire amenity kits which have more goodies than European airlines. I feel that Air India are missing some details and professionalism to make them really world class. For example the movies are not the latest and the entertainment system not intuitive, The chocolates after the meal are of mediocre quality, the male cabin crews uniforms look dated but generally the long distance product is not bad. Modern aircraft, good food, polite service, clean bathrooms. Only details to complain about.

Air India Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Purna Ananth    (India)

AI 609. BOM-BLR. Check in and Security at Terminal 1A is a breeze compared to 1B out of which all the private airlines operate. Departed on time, touched down about 15 min early. Cabin crew was their usual grumpy self. The main course was greasy as usual, but the rest of the food was quite palatable.

Air India Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Purna Ananth    (India)

AI 608 from BLR to BOM. Very sparsely populated. Took off on time. Pilot seemed to be in a hurry to get home. Certainly flying a little faster than normal, lot of buffeting throughout the flight. Touched down almost 30 min before scheduled time.

Air India Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Kshatriya Sandesh    (Thailand)

AI331, 9 Aug, BKK-BOM, A321, Seat: 29f. Cabin crew greeted us in a most "welcoming" way with her right arm resting on the galley and the other hand resting on her hip. Mid way INTO THE cabin 1 male steward WAS standing with both arms folded atop a seat - with a blank expression. Settling into my seat I instantly notice that there is more legroom than other airlines. Then, no push back for 45 minutes, no reason given, no information. After 50 minute we pushed back suddenly and took off without any checks that seats were upright or seatbelts. 1 hour into the flight a drink service starts and then pause 1 hour later the meal service starts. Asked if I wanted "veg or non veg", I had ordered voml (oriental vegan), told to wait until they had finished. 3 hrs into the flight when all have finished eating the stewardess walks past me suddenly remembers and asks "did you like it" and I reply, "well I haven't got it yet so I cant comment on the taste". He runs to the galley and is back with a "kosher meal box". AI330, 16 Aug, BOM-BKK was less eventful but nothing better. I've always been a staunch TG loyal, but thought this 1 time I must try my National Airline - it is the last time.

Air India Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Steve Splowski    (UK)

LHR-DEL-LHR. Air India has improved, which is not saying much. The staff are professional if not all that diligent. In business class they are pretty good, if slow. The food is great but the red wine absolutely is not. Really awful. Champagne is good, beer if fine. IFE is iffy, but when it works they have a small selection of English films and lots of Bollywood. Seats are comfortable enough and lie flat. Amenity kits are a lottery. I suspect quartermasters are very rich at AI. Flights left on time. Overall not a terrible experience and as it is the cheapest way to travel J class to India, fair value for money. A fair welcome to India.

Air India Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Choe Isaiah    (Australia)

Business class from Singapore to Paris via Delhi. I've had better economy seats than these business class seats from Singapore to Delhi. Exit row seats would have been better. Plus both my wife's and my video screens didn't work both ways. Half an hour after getting boarding passes, plane took off late and we missed our connecting flight to Paris. They put us in hotel and that was it. No further communication or anything. Stuck in airport (smaller than domestic) for 24 hours. More employees than passengers walking around the terminal but nothing gets done. Make a request or ask a question and they smile and every answer is yes but nothing is ever done about it. Got on plane next day and delayed 90 minutes. Missed 26 hours of Paris to look at Delhi airport that has about 10-15 shops. No alcohol in the business lounge. The new Dreamliners from Delhi to Paris are the only redeeming feature. Never again.

Air India Customer review :  10 September 2013 by Shubkarmanjeet Singh    (India)

DEL-DXB on 12th May. There was no personal television and shared TV's were not in a good condition. The crew members were very helpful. Recommended.

Air India Customer review :  3 September 2013 by S Roychowdhury    (India)

Traveled from Kolkata to Toronto (via Delhi and New York). As the flight was sparsely populated my wife and I had 3 seats each to ourselves and it was great. Food is pretty okay and since my wife has food allergies the staff were helpful. The journey from New York to Delhi was packed but fairly comfortable as the leg space was just adequate. Alcohol served on both the trips could have been slightly more.

Air India Customer review :  3 September 2013 by Ravin Mehta    (India)

Took AI-191/144, AMD-EWR-AMD and was pleasantly surprised. I flew Business and found the services from ground to destination impeccable. On return leg, they allowed me to board just 4 minutes before their scheduled departure as my connection from St Paul was pathetically late. Cabin crew were excellent with good and tasty food with sufficient portions. The plane was spotless and during the long 14+ hour flight, toilets were routinely cleaned and toiletries properly replenished. Also the IFE worked superbly with lot of options. I would definitely recommend AI, although I agree there is huge room for improvement.

Air India Customer review :  3 September 2013 by M Manoj    (UK)

First time on Air India, I had an excellent flight from London to Trivandrum and back. Good service in-flight and at on the ground in Heathrow, Delhi and Trivandrum. I flew in AI-112, AI-46, AI-466 and AI-111 throughout my trip.

Air India Customer review :  2 September 2013 by A Phadnis    (India)

Travelled on Mumbai-Bhubaneshar Sector last week. Aircraft A319. Flight pulled back on time. Ticket Price almost on par to those offered on low cost carriers. Still received sumptuous and tasty complimentary breakfast. Only airline to not charge pre-seat selection charges. The plane was well maintained and crew efficient. Only grouse may be that IFE was not made operational on this flight.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax