Air Europa Passenger Reviews and Air Europa Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Air Europa Customer review :  29 August 2014 by C Nieves    (Spain)

I took this flight from Madrid to Cancun. I was surprised in the first flight when I was awarded an upgrade so the experience in Business Class was far more satisfactory than in the Economy Cabin. Economy Cabin space is pretty fair, no individual entertainment and very fair quality and variety of food served. Thankfully, the return flight was during the night and I was tired so I could sleep. I would suggest people to think twice prior to buying a long-haul flight in economy class.

Air Europa Customer review :  23 August 2014 by Enrique Simeone    (Belgium)

Busines

MAD-BRU-MXP-MAD - C Class. Pleasantly surprised with this airline. All 3 legs were good. Check-in, plus on board services. Hopefully they will keep it up. A little harsh on the language skills, but not that much of a problem. They tend to overbook. Quite a breeze to fly them. All in all ok.

Air Europa Customer review :  16 August 2014 by N Pyne    (UK)

I flew Gatwick to Madrid and then to Lima - out on 23 July, return 12 August. Outbound UX 75 was two hours late leaving Madrid so departed 02.00. For a 12 hour flight there were no individual screens for film viewing, but service was OK, seats very close and I'm only 5 and a half feet tall. Return UX 76 timing was good, food just about OK, seating better, it seemed to me. Service though - the steward on our economy section was unfriendly, curtly told me I would have to pay 1 euro for a second plastic cup of wine. Coffee for 'breakfast' was almost cold and he served about 2cm of it into the paper cup. Unpleasant. The toilets were not checked and ran completely out of paper supplies, so I had to go and ask. The female attendants seemed to be more courteous than the male. Surely checking of toilets should be part of their flight routine. Baggage arrived correctly.

Air Europa Customer review :  14 August 2014 by H Freedman    (Spain)

Business Class, Rome-Buenos Aires with a stopover in Madrid. Business class is almost an unmitigated disaster. They have zero interest in serving Business class customers. Rome check in - They have a Sky Priority counter for Business but no agent at that counter. Rome-Madrid - On this first leg I was booked in economy because Business was full. I was told to check at the gate and if something comes up in Business they will of course switch me as I had a full fare Business ticket. I checked upon boarding and they did have a free seat but without any explanation said they told me could not switch me. Could not give me reason. One of the bathrooms was out of order so 1 bathroom for 200 passengers in Economy. Rome Boarding - Only 1 person to check through the 200+ passengers. Madrid-Buenos Aires in Business - Antiquated seats and IFE (probably from the 1990’s). Seat recline but with feet hanging down so uncomfortable to sleep. Food quality and service was ok onboard. Only non negative comment I have. Overall they charge normal business class fares but offer very little in return. Will never fly them again and suggest Business travelers to avoid them at all costs. Arrival and departure at their base airport Madrid - Amazingly they use buses so I presume they don't pay the fee to use the bridges. Very uncomfortable.

Air Europa Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Leech Harry    (USA)

Inflight service was extremely poor and for a long haul flight between Madrid and Miami inflight entertainment was virtually non existent. The seats uncomfortable with little padding left in them.

Air Europa Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Ricky Garcia    (USA)

It was a terrible experience, flew from Miami to Punta Cana Dominican Republic on 7/18/14. Poor attention in the airport, on board bad attitude, poor service overall. I do not recommend flying Air Europa at any price.

Air Europa Customer review :  11 July 2014 by Esther Terry    (Argentina)

This June was the first time I travelled with Air Europa from Buenos Aires to London and back. On The outward journey I was allowed and paid for extra baggage but on return this was not allowed, not even if it had been a few kilos! However a couple travelling with a little boy were allowed to take 6 large suitcases (paying of course for the extra 3) is this fair? How can this be? Why wasn't I told that I could take it but not bring it back? What is the reason for such a ridiculous rule? The flight from Madrid to Buenos Aires had at least 25 empty seats, two of which were next to me. In spite of the kind and friendly cabin crew this ruined my holiday. The economy of flying with this airline is no longer an attraction to me and I will not be considering flying with you again or recommending others to do so.

Air Europa Customer review :  11 July 2014 by K Pugi    (Venezuela)

Caracas-Madrid-Amsterdam round trip. Four flights scheduled with this airline, one of them with KLM in the Sky Team Alliance, which was the only one that departed on time. Caracas-Madrid flight left 2 hours late, this made me miss my connection to Amsterdam and with direct train to final destination. Returning from Amsterdam to Madrid, flight left with 1 hour late. Connection from Madrid to Caracas 3 hours late, There was no compensation or lunch. All passengers in transit to other cities in Venezuela missed their connections. The meals were scarce, badly prepared and presented. No staff support to passengers related with the consequences of their tardiness.

Air Europa Customer review :  9 July 2014 by V Cetrulo    (Spain)

Madrid to JFK. I fly Madrid - New York at least 4 times a year, and this was the worst flight experience I have had. I was surrounded by a group of about 20 middle school students. They were all standing, sitting on each other's laps, kneeling on their seats, and yelling across the aisles. Obviously this was not the fault of Air Europa, but I have never been on a flight where passengers were allowed to be out of their seats like that for the entire flight. I asked the flight attendant if she could say something to them, and she responded that she couldn't really do anything. She murmured something about finding me another seat and never returned. I later found out the flight was not full and my seat could have easily been changed. My seat wasn't aligned properly so I had to place my feet on either side of the seat in front of me which was uncomfortable. The seats didn't have individual TVs, which isn't such a big deal. Unfortunately, the American-made inflight movie was only available dubbed in Spanish. I asked the flight attendant which channel was the English channel because I could not find it after scrolling through all of the options. She vaguely muttered that it should be available and said she would go ask, and once again didn't return. This flight cost me about the same as most others I have taken on this route, but the customer service was abysmal. Equally expensive flight for worse experience. I will be avoiding Air Europa in the future.

Air Europa Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Kai Olesch    (Germany)

MUC-SSA via Madrid Barajas: As it was the best option both time - and price-wise, we booked Air Europa for our trip to the World Cup. Due to the ratings, my expectations were low, I even feared to not arrive in Brazil on time! Back in Germany, I see this airline in a different light: the seats on the regional flight (Embraer 190) had sufficient leg-room, on the overseas flight (A330) it was so comfortable that I slept like a baby. All four flights were 100% on time, and last but not least, the crew was friendlier than on the other two Spanish carrier I chose before. What I annoyed me a bit was that headphones were not provided free of charge.

Air Europa Customer review :  17 June 2014 by F Grodsinsky    (USA)

We traveled on Jun 13th 2014 from MIA to BCN via MAD. First segment of trip was delayed 1.5 hrs. Reason: crew were not showing up to the flight, allegedly because they were trapped at MIA security. Finally when they came 1 hr later they were "strolling" to the plane at a very slow pace and with a defiant attitude. No apologies whatsoever. Food service inefficient and poor, almost inedible food. No blankets, no pillows. They attempted to charge 1 Euro for a glass of coke, not a can, just a little typical airline glass. Once in MAD I have to say they made up the delay pretty well. Still, we had a very tight connection with BCN. The plane stopped in the middle of the tarmac and a bus took us firstly to T1 to do immigration and then we had to walk back to the very same terminal where the plane left us originally. The walk back was no less than 1 mile. Once at D gates, ready to board our flight to BCN we were informed the flight was delayed another 50 mins which turn out to be another 1.5 hrs total delay - so far 3 hours. Finally we got to BCN and went to pick up luggage, another 1 hour or so for the luggage to come out. Extremely disorganized airline with a terrible service. Never again.

Air Europa Customer review :  10 June 2014 by D Adams    (USA)

I have flown Air Europa several times over the past few years to Santiago de Compestela, La Coruna, and Barcelona. The customer service is consistently below average. It is a typical low cost airlines with no free drinks or snacks. They are a member of Skyteam, but they have never processed the miles with their partner on any of my flights without requiring numerous calls. Overall, a below average experience.

Air Europa Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Céline Clelia Renaud    (Italy)

PUJ-MAD on May 20th 2014. The worst flight we have taken! A330 Aircraft tight, without operative APU, awful comfort, bad food and crew very basic! Delayed without any assistance for 4 hours standing on the line at the check-in desks, they made us pay a 30 dollar fee per person to go back to Europe.

Air Europa Customer review :  26 May 2014 by S Harrington    (UAE)

BCN-LIM via MAD. If you pay budget prices, expect a budget airline. Each of my four flights left pretty much on time (a one hour delay between Madrid and Lima on the outbound). The food on MAD-LIM was more than edible and plenty of drinks provided, but I would advise bringing some of your own snacks on board. The airline doesn't provide entertainment options, bar a shared screen showing a couple of movies in Spanish. Overall the experience was satisfactory, and I have had less pleasant flights with bigger brand carriers.

Air Europa Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Stephen Kadish    (USA)

JFK-MAD and vice versa. I was hoping to get some sleep and if the seats weren't so tight, that could have been possible. Oh well I guess I'm not fit to be sleeping on airplanes. It would have been nice to have an individual TV but not a big deal, each seat had a radio with a few music channels and a movie was on the overhead screens. They gave you a nice little blanket and pillow which I would hope were clean. Dinner was a choice between chicken or pasta dish. In the morning, they offered a turkey and cheese croissant sandwich and muffin, hot and cold beverages. People complain about airline food , but I found it to be wonderful. The cabin crew took good care of you. I got up like 3 times to ask for more water and it was given to me with no issues. People classify Air Europa as a budget airline, but I was very happy. They were accommodating at the airport checkin desk asking us if we had preference to what seat type we wanted.

Air Europa Customer review :  2 May 2014 by Steve Holman    (UK)

Just flew Air Europa to and from retro Havana. The experience was no way as bad as other reviews suggest. It was much like any other flight and better than some budget airlines. I didn't manage to watch any TV (personal seat back) as I couldn't figure it out, but I could have asked I suppose - other people managed OK. The staff were friendly and offered drinks, but I admit we avoided the food. On the way back I was even able to stretch out and sleep but we didn't have our own TV screens. (not a problem on a night flight). Catching your connection is stressful (We made it with minutes to spare) but that is Madrid airports fault as you have to queue and have your passport and hand luggage checked again (and they don't rush themselves). All in all not too bad, but if you want to avoid any hassle and stress pay the extra and fly direct.

Air Europa Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Carla Doria Medina    (Bolivia)

They sell you flights with connections but if they delay one of the trips they don't take any responsibility for helping you reach the next connection. We used this airline to go from Santa Cruz, Bolivia to London Gatwick via Madrid. We had an emergency landing but we were told that in Madrid we would receive help to reach our next connection. When we arrived in Madrid, the staff of Air Europa knew nothing so ended up running to reach the next gate and arriving there only to receive a "Gate closed" sign. If they were responsible for the delay they could have communicated with the gate to make them wait for us. We had to wait almost 8 hours in the airport with no food vouchers or anything. To make things worse, on the way back the flight from Gatwick was delayed as well, when we reached Madrid nobody helped us, the security gate was closed and there was nobody from the airline who could help us - we did reach our trip eventually.

Air Europa Customer review :  23 April 2014 by J Clark    (UK)

Our flight from Santiago to Gatwick via Buenos Aires and Madrid was rescheduled to give us nearly 10 hours in transit in Madrid instead of about 3. True, we were offered a refund but that late on it would have been prohibitively expensive to book a different flight. What was really bad was that we weren't offered a meal voucher or even a drink for the long wait, and when we contacted the airline's customer service to complain of the poor service we didn't get the courtesy of a reply. We would never use this airline again.

Air Europa Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Ana Sanchez    (UK)

London-Madrid. I reached Gatwick airport very early since it was the first time travelling with my 6 month baby daughter. When we got there, there was already a little queue which was really slow. Once we got to the check-in desk I was told my baby does not have a boarding pass so they needed to run further checks. We had to wait about an hour. Finally when almost all passengers were on their way to the gate, this guy came telling me that there is no problem and we can go. It was quite a distance to the gate so had to run with my baby. They forgot to put the sticker on the pushchair so I had to demand one in the gate. I have to return tomorrow, then I am not coming back to this company anymore!

Air Europa Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Sue Joseph    (UK)

Travelled from Gatwick to Havana via Madrid. No delays. Checked in online both ways and managed to get 2 seats together, an aisle and a window, both ways. Take your own inflight entertainment as it is almost non existent, a small screen hardly visible with Spanish movies. The food is almost in edible so we took our own. You can get water anytime by walking up to the cabin rooms. A cheap alternative to the Virgin flight which is almost impossible to obtain in the school holidays unless you book a year in advance. It is also about££300 more each! Boarding was much quicker and the 2x4x2 seating makes it quite pleasant as the only person you have to disturb is your partner.

Air Europa Customer review :  1 April 2014 by R Philips    (Belgium)

BRU-MAD-BRU - first time I have used Air Europa and I was impressed. Nice Embraer 195 aircraft on this route (2x2), both flights on time, professional crew (far better than Iberia), easy and clear online booking procedure, including free bag, seat selection/change free, no charge if you don't print the boarding card yourself. Overall a good experience and no hesitation to use them again for short haul flights in Europe.

Air Europa Customer review :  28 March 2014 by A Freire    (Spain)

I fly very often (1 round trip/month) VGO-MAD-ORY. I am very satisfied with the service offered. VGO-MAD always on quite new E195, with good legroom, MAD-ORY with E195 or B737 in very good shape. On the first flights of the day you get free newspapers. Very good telephone customer service. I do not know about the quality of food as I never pay for it on the flight. I'd definitely recommend flying Air Europa in short-medium haul flights.

Air Europa Customer review :  27 March 2014 by D Romain    (Belgium)

Flew from BRU to BUE via MAD and was quite satisfied. Pretty cheap tickets but found the flight enjoyable. Seats are comfy with good recline, legroom ok and flight entertainment is good, many movies. Quality of the food should be reviewed.

Air Europa Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Nicholas Powell    (Thailand)

Flew LGW-MAD-CSS and back several times and - given the circumstances - AE did their best to get me from A to B. They allowed extra baggage (inexpensive rates paid prior) on top of a generous promotional allowance, they provided overnight accommodation in Madrid when then London leg got cancelled and later re-booked, fine Spanish wine (though this gets curtailed). True, not the best food but it matches the price, the worst uniforms in the world and their (lack of) sleeping arrangements (very 80s) only support this. I imagine the poor service is due to a lack of feeling international.

Air Europa Customer review :  4 March 2014 by C Fernandez    (UK)

Sao Paulo - Madrid early January. Late night flight was delayed by almost one hour because of how chaotic that airport can get at night with so many long haul flights leaving at the same time. When on board, only very cheap orange juice was offered as a drink. Staff were pretty careless in general, I would even say the male attendants looked slightly scruffy. Before take off they were just giggling and eating at the front of the plane. Meal service was rushed and not even menus were handled, in stead chicken or pasta were offered. IFE was slow, difficult to understand and very poor in general. What really shocked me about this flight is when I woke up after sleeping a few hours is finding half of the crew sleeping in the empty business class seats! I've always seen a few reserved ones for the pilots but I never expected seen so many! On the other hand, very comfortable seat and I managed to arrive to Madrid all fresh, but the quality of the inflight service was bad, possibly the worst crew I've ever had.

Air Europa Customer review :  4 March 2014 by D Gillett    (UK)

The LGW-MAD-HAV was turned into a hellish ordeal from a truly terrible airline. I've flown with a great number of airlines - this is the worst. We paid over £750 pp person and were treated far worse than you would expect on an Easyjet/Ryanair flight. Old aircraft, no in-flight entertainment to speak of, woefully (and deliberately) unhelpful staff, food was awful, cramped seating.

Air Europa Customer review :  24 February 2014 by J Gamero    (France)

ORY-MAD-BUE round trip. Nice staff, cheap tickets, but poor food and IFE on MAD-BUE. Inflight plan map already available on 90s for other airlines. Seats Ok, but airplane needs to be revamped, especially bathrooms. Hope new A330 will be better. ORY-MAD with an embraer and back with a new generation 737 800, definitely better.

Air Europa Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Julie Baxter    (UK)

LGW - Madrid - Havana and return. The short haul aircraft was suitable for the length of flight but the long haul was pretty primitive! Old looking plane, some bleached, flickering unviewable screens dotted about for those that speak Spanish! The food was completely inedible! I'm not overly picky when it comes to airline food but outgoing was a rubbery pesto pasta with a sickly synthetic mousse type thing for pudding and coming back was a burnt chewy dollop of ground beef with hard rice! There was a little cake square that looked nice but unfortunately was dry as a bone! There was a lot of food wastage. Even the fruit juices taste like the cheapest juice money can buy. Flying direct with Virgin is more than worth the couple of hundred pounds extra to be honest! The Madrid to Gatwick leg was delayed due to a broken down aircraft plus offloading luggage of some no-shows so all in all that was our first and last connecting flight! Some of the staff on some of the planes were friendly but some very sharp!

Air Europa Customer review :  7 February 2014 by L Bhalla    (UK)

Travelled to Cuba from Gatwick via Madrid, December 2013, return Jan 2014. Seats reserved in advance via the charged service on website. Outward journey seats as booked, return journey seat booked had already been allocated, supervisor unable to change them, we had queued for 2 hours at Havana airport because there were only two desks open. Inflight staff were generally unhelpful, food was awful.

Air Europa Customer review :  4 February 2014 by T Hill    (Spain)

We had Air France tickets from Malaga to JFK and back from MEX, connecting flights to/from Paris with Air Europa. Air Europa does not provide 24-hour online check-in. We arrived 80 minutes prior to departure at check-in in Malaga to find a huge queue that moved very slowly. 3 check-in staff only, ours was rather unpleasant and grumpy. With 20 minutes to go for departure, we were running to security, leaving behind about 30 more passengers waiting to be checked-in. Arrived at the gate, to be told to rush onto the plane. Onboard, the most uncomfortable airline seat, old and worn and hardly reclineable. They are also too short so half your thighs don't fit the seat and it inclines downwards so one has the unpleasant feeling of sliding off! Despite the delay, we made our connection in Paris. On the return, we checked-in online via Aeromexico (still all on AF tickets), but the Air Europa connection Paris-Malaga did not yield seat assignments nor boarding passes. At check-in in MEX we were told they could not help us, because when you check-in online, this apparently messes up the boarding pass/seating process on Air Europa. Once in Paris, AF staff at the connection counter finally printed boarding passes for Air Europe. Yet again, the seats were very uncomfortable and old and barely acceptable for a 2-hour flight. Staff, just like on the outbound, were very indifferent. If at all possible, I would avoid Air Europa in the future. I can handle unpleasant staff, but I would avoid them purely because of the discomfort of the seats on their B737 that seem to be at least 20 years old.

Air Europa Customer review :  31 January 2014 by S Hill    (UK)

London to Havana with a connecting flight in Madrid. The planes are dated, there is no space between you and the seat in front. The seats were so uncomfortable. The staff acted as though passengers were an inconvenience. On a 10.5 hour flight the so called 'all inclusive' food and drink meant you were given one small plastic cup with your meal then 7 hours later a disgusting pie thing. I asked for water as soon as I got on and was told to wait, for 2 hours. Perhaps Cuba Direct were at fault by telling me that it was similar to a long haul Virgin flight. The only similarity was being in the air. Suffice to say avoid at all costs.

Air Europa Customer review :  24 January 2014 by Drnova Olga    (Denmark)

Flight UX-076, Lima - Madrid, January 4 2014. Delay of 5 hours. Direct lie from the staff of the company calling weather problems as a main reason for delay (as we learn upon arrival at Madrid airport, they had a technical failure issue). We missed 2 connecting flights (one from Madrid to Paris with Air Europa, the other one, non- refundable flight to Copenhagen from Paris). 6 hrs spent in line to get to company's staff, extreme inefficiency, bad management and non-existent customer support.

Air Europa Customer review :  15 January 2014 by S Willetts    (South Korea)

I flew LON-MAD, MAD-LON in Air Europa's so called business class which is described on their website as 'we make you feel special'. The reason I took this airline is that the scheduled times were the best for me but in future I will certainly not fly with them except in economy if I must. The flight was an hour late departing from Lon but no announcement was made until it was already more than 30 minutes late. The flight to Madrid had the newer seats which were comfortable but that is where the business service ends. The flight crew (minus the purser) were rude and uninterested in their business customers, I had to ask 3 times for a bottle of water, when I asked if they had English language newspapers I was asked 'por que?' (possibly because the flight is from London?) and the food was sub-standard, wrapped in cling film and plonked down on plastic. When I asked for wine she simply banged one down and walked away swishing the curtain behind her. The return flight was also sub-par with two slices of cheese and two leathery pieces of chicken constituting breakfast. Such a disappointment, it would have been better to save the extra 300 euros and bought food in economy.

Air Europa Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Thijs Roosendaal    (Netherlands)

I took an intercontinental return flight from Madrid to Havana. It was a daytime flight and except from the comfort of the seat this was an incredibly bad experience. The service was by far the worst service I've had in an airplane. The crew were very unfriendly and not co-operative at all. With dinner you'll get 1 drink. Apart from water or orange juice, you have to buy all other drinks. The crew started serving food at a slow pace, afterwards, they came 3 times with coffee/tea and immediately afterwards the whole crew started to have dinner themselves. The stewards/stewardesses also didn't respond at all to the service lights you can switch on at you seat. I don't expect much from airplane food, but this was one of the worst I've had. Air Europa also doesn't provide a personal entertainment system. It is still done by some general screens from the ceiling and was only broadcasting a movie in Spanish. Worst of all, the movie was restarted 3 times and wasn't finished in the end. On the return way, we had to wait an 1.5 hrs to get checked in. There was an enormous queue all the way through the departure hall. About half of the passengers still had to check in after us. So we asked for window seats (25% of the seats). We were told these weren't available anymore. So we asked for Aisle seats (50% of the seats). The ground stewardess told us she would fix this. In the end, from the 10 people we were traveling with, only 1 had an aisle seat and the rest were scattered through the whole plane on centre seats. Luckily this was a night flight and we were all tired. So we slept most of the way and didnt have to deal with the service or Spanish movie. The food was of the same standard again: really bad.

Air Europa Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Robert DeNoia    (USA)

I must say that I was hesitant to take Air Europa after the reviews but found the experience to be really good. Granted our luggage went missing connecting in Madrid to Lisbon but the inbound flight was operated by Delta so who knows where the blame lies and I strongly suspect Delta. Service was good, food much better than expected and flights on time. Cabin was comfortable. Someone's putting effort in here.

Air Europa Customer review :  3 January 2014 by D Potts    (UK)

We travelled by Air Europa on 19th December to Cuba and returned 28th December - or started our return then! Both the outward and inward flights were delayed by around 3 hours, both for different reasons. The delay of the return flight to Madrid was handled very badly by the airline. Even though the airline knew we were delayed and connecting flights were missed no arrangements were made to cater for this, even though they had 8 hours to prepare! It took an extra 2 hours at the airport to get onward flights arranged for the following day after queuing multiple times and being sent to two separate terminals. They were woefully understaffed. The inflight entertainment didn't work on the return flight, the sound was not being transmitted. There were only several large screen available, which made the visibility of the screens fairly poor. The plane was fairly antiquated, communication was very poor on why we were delayed on both flights. The stewardess's were miserable. I would not use this airline again.

Air Europa Customer review :  29 December 2013 by C Fernandez    (UK)

Madrid to Sao Paulo last week. Airplane wasn't very new or clean, and as we found out later on during the flight it had just come back from doing another route less than two hours before. Purser and flight attendants were extremely good and nothing was too much trouble, they kept offering food and drink throughout the flight. Quality of the catering was average. No IFE during the flight so we were handed some iPads instead, not many movies but plenty of games, etc. Overall and considering how much more expensive the other tickets were with other airlines I can say I was fairly satisfied with the flight, hard working cabin crew doing their best with probably not the best tools around.

Air Europa Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Jane Walker    (USA)

Dec 7th flight from Montevideo Uruguay to Madrid Spain (12 hour flight): I was very concerned when I read reviews after purchasing my ticket. However, I must admit the boarding process was efficient, the plane was very clean, and my vegetarian meals were above average in terms of airline food. The gate personnel and flight crew were very attentive and courteous. After a pleasant trip I reminded myself that a good review was in order given all the negative reviews I had read. Yes, I would recommend this airlines and hope to fly them again in the near future.

Air Europa Customer review :  5 December 2013 by W Teoh    (UK)

I can't say I was impressed especially on the long haul sector. I recently did a London - Madrid - Havana de Cuba. The flight from London to Madrid was pleasant and aircraft was very new. For a regional flight, it was very well equipped and decent selections for food purchase. Transit in Madrid was easy enough despite Madrid not being the most organized airport. The long haul flight to Havana was a different story. The staff do not seem to be well co-ordinated for boarding at all which means it was really slow as people were not directed properly. The aircraft was quite dated and my fear was confirmed that there was no individual TV. That was fine but my luck meant that my headset point didn't work (both times going out and return flight). Flight was full so not a lot of options there but force myself to try sleeping. Meals were average but the massive gap between meals were crazy! If they missed you because you were sleeping, they won't come back to you even if they are still serving others further down the aisles. Overall, can't say I recommend it.

Air Europa Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Bart Zegikniet    (Netherlands)

AMS - Madrid - Havana and return flight. Good, new planes. Enough space. Crew not very helpful and friendly. Return flight was better than the flight to Havana. The food was really terrible, no taste and disgusting. I will not book them again.

Air Europa Customer review :  27 November 2013 by R Bredereck    (Germany)

I took a business class return flight from Amsterdam via Madrid to Lima, Peru. The first leg from AMS to MAD was done with a smaller embraer aircraft. The leg space between the business class seats were the same as for economy which is not acceptable as I am mainly paying the higher price to have the comfort on board. The AMS business lounge was fine and ground service too. Arriving in Madrid I had 3 hours in the business lounge in Madrid. The difference was big. Mostly pre-packed food (sandwiches) in the fridge, no choice of warm food. It was quite busy there and after a while all tables were littered with the plastic packaging. Nobody seemed to be responsible for cleaning it up. It looked very messy. This is definitely not how I would like to travel when I pay business class. With 1.5hr delay we took off for Lima. There was almost no equipment on board which you would expect in a business class. No entertainment in the seats, no flight deck information channel. Instead we got an apple IPad with some films on it. Flight information (like distance, ETA, speed, etc) was only available on three fixed screens in the cabin if there were no adds or other films. English newspapers: nothing! All overhead lockers were covered with oily finger/handprints from the mechanics. The excuse was that due to the delay they had no time for a proper hand over and cleaning check. The service itself was very good. All ladies were very engaged, did their very best and tried to cope best possible with the lousy hardware. They told me that they have addressed the lack of English newspapers and some other issues many time to the management but obviously they management is resistant to improvements. The return flight was the same, just that there were no fingerprints any more. So they found at least time for a proper cleaning. The business lounge in Lima was even worse when it came to service and food offering. I don't know why they can get away with this kind of service in South America and Spain. I hope that this will not be the future business class standard around the world.

Air Europa Customer review :  1 November 2013 by Hersh Reddy    (USA)

We were booked on flight from NYC/JFK to Madrid. We were arriving by connection from San Francisco and were checked through from San Francisco to Madrid by the Air France ticketing agent at SFO. On arriving at JFK we went to the Air Europa gate. There were many other passengers in the same situation as us, i.e. arriving from other destinations and taking the JFK to Madrid connection with Air Europa. As boarding commenced many of us were told that Air Europa would no longer accept the boarding pass printed at our point of embarkation and that we would have to get boarding passes reprinted. There were 4 agents at the gate doing nothing. They told us to go outside security to get our boarding passes reprinted, and then re-enter. We dozen or so passengers started running for the ticketing counters. When we got there, there was a huge line. Only one agent was doing ticketing. Our flight was leaving in 10 minutes so I requested that the agent deal with us dozen passengers. It was clear that since we were all unrelated passengers connecting through JFK, from different points of origin, that the problem was on Air Europa's side. It is not possible that so many agents in so many different airports, for so many different passengers screwed up at the same time. We were all in danger of missing our flight but none of the Air Europa agents could be bothered. They said, "Next time you should be more careful to make sure your tickets are correct!" Admonishing us as if we were at fault. I looked at the boarding passes we had been given by the ticketing agent in SFO, and they looked completely correct. How were we to check if they were "correct"? Finally we were ticketed and we ran to get through security. We had 2 minutes to get through security, but the line was 15 minutes long. I went to the line and told the TSA agents about the situation. The TSA agents took the entire group of us and allowed us to go through a fast line in the security. We made the flight but the service we received was extremely rude and unprofessional.

Air Europa Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Dorothy Spence    (Canada)

We had booked Air France Toronto to Malaga but the connecting flight Paris to Malaga was with Air Europa. Booked with Premium Economy, the seats were uncomfortable. Just before landing I asked when our meal would be served the stewardess very rudely remarked that we were not entitled to a meal, When I showed her our ticket, she checked her list and there was our names with 'meal' beside it to which she stated 'Well you are sitting in the wrong seats'. We were in fact sitting exactly where we were supposed to according to our boarding pass which they checked on boarding. Thereupon she said, "Well, it's too late now so what do you want to drink?" I asked for a hot drink, too late, it had to be something cold. First and last for us with this airline!

Air Europa Customer review :  3 October 2013 by V Taylor    (UK)

The entire service was shoddy and lacked any sort of personal touch or sense of urgency. Some flight crew were pleasant but some just were not. Amongst other things the film selection was poor on the outward bound leg, the inward bound was like going back in time! Sharing a screen with fellow passengers and having no control over what you watched and the entertainment is just unacceptable. The controls were temperamental to say the least. I have learned my lesson and I would not fly Air Europa again, nor would I recommend their services.

Air Europa Customer review :  16 September 2013 by N McAvaney    (UK)

London to Lima via Madrid and return. The outbound legs were ok. London to Madrid is the same standard as Easyjet or Ryanair (no frills). Their plane from Madrid to Lima was acceptable, with seatback TVs, but a poor selection of films. The food service was limited to a small meal and water. Any additional food had to be bought. Their plane from Lima to Madrid was terrible however. Reasonably comfortable, but no individual entertainment. Just two movies and one TV show for a 12-hour flight. Staff were unpleasant and lied about services. Additional food and drinks were offered when the flight was delayed by 2.5 hours, without a reason given. Our bags were not transferred to our connecting flight.

Air Europa Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Lennon Laurence    (UK)

Return from New York to Madrid. Boarding was chaotic and the flight was late. It cost 2.00 for ear phones and in- flight entertainment was on shared screens every 5 rows with one very poor movie that I could not hear. When myself and people behind me complained the steward said he would try and fix but in the end just ignored it - zero in-flight entertainment! Food was awful i.e. overcooked pasta with some sort of meat in congealed, salty gravy with stale bread and for breakfast a tasteless croissant with some processed meat served up with cold tea and warm juice. The air conditioning did not work and there was no individual blower. In complete contrast, we travelled from Madrid to New York with Delta and everything about the flight was excellent. Boarding was well organised, staff were friendly and attentive, the food very tasty, the in-flight entertainment with individual interactive screens and free ear phones was superb with a wide choice free, on-demand music, films, TV etc. The seats gave a lot of leg room with excellent air conditioners and individual blowers. What a terrible end to what was a holiday of a lifetime!

Air Europa Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Rob Gartner    (USA)

My family traveled recently round trip from New York to Madrid. It was our first time flying Air Europa and this airline was terrible. The boarding process, on both ends, was nothing more than a stampede toward the gate. They tried calling by row but, as people pushed forward, they gave up and boarded everyone. The crew was inattentive at best. If you wanted something, you had to go interrupt their private conversation in the back of the plane. The food was horrible. They served some hot dog on a pastry thing which was disgusting. The worst part was when we checked in and rather than our reserved seats together, we were given middle seats scattered around the plane. When we tried to resolve this through the agent and later a manager, the response was basically "tough luck, take it or leave it." I would have to be extremely desperate to fly this airline again.

Air Europa Customer review :  5 August 2013 by K Grant    (USA)

Business class round-trip JFK-MAD. The bad: their computer systems, reservations, and website are very deficient compared to other airlines. Not much information or interactive ability available on English Language website (examples: no seat maps, no online check in, or even online viewing of reservations). Disorganized: the reason I got to fly business on my return was because they lost my reservation (luckily, I had my receipt), and I had paid for an exit row seat. The good, which over rode the bad: they made things right with my reservations at the ticket counter, and bumped me to business on my return flight. The agents on the phone were helpful, and the service on the plane and at the counters was excellent and friendly (though not quite as organized as an American carrier). Good food, nice planes (A330). Business seat headrests push your head forward, though, when in upright position, which can be uncomfortable.

Air Europa Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Giorgio Brusa    (USA)

I took the JFK to Madrid in Business class - the food was well below average, the service was ok, the crew did not care about customers and had fun all night on my return flight in the kitchen making the business class customer sleep impossible. On the round trip I had 2 hours delay in NY and 1 hour in Madrid. I was told to be lucky because the day before they had 10 hours delay. On the entertainment side, 5 movies which are the same on both legs. I won't fly them again!

Air Europa Customer review :  12 June 2013 by W Lee    (Canada)

MAD-LIS. I did my check-in, passed through security and waited for boarding. I was expecting they would make an announcement for boarding which they didn't. Since I was sitting with my back to the gate, I didn't see the boarding and missed my flight. I stayed calm and I was trying to figure out what to do but the boarding agent was very rude, instead of helping me reschedule another flight, she referred me to the ticket office and I needed to pay another ticket. Instead of flying with this company, I bought a ticket with TAP Portugal instead.

Air Europa Customer review :  3 June 2013 by B Allen    (USA)

Barcelona to Madrid (evening flight) - apparently it is well-known for the "normal" practice of the Barcelona Barajas Airport to decide how luggage is to be handled on flights, and Air Europa is aware of this practice. Once our luggage was checked in with Air Europa they handed over control to the Barcelona Airport personnel. Upon our arrival in Madrid and after waiting for over 1 hour with no one overseeing the luggage area we finally found a company called Ground Works who provided this information about the workings of Barcelona Barajas Airport's working procedures with regard to luggage not arriving with the passenger(s). A total of over 2 hours of sleep lost from that learning experience. Still waiting for communication and luggage!

Air Europa Customer review :  28 May 2013 by C Raabe    (Germany)

PMI-BCN. Fast check-in. 35 min flight without service - as expected. Very comfortable plane, arrived on time. Definitely recommended.

Air Europa Customer review :  23 May 2013 by Akifumi Kuchino    (Japan)

Valencia to Paris in May. The service was very poor, and treating the customer as baggage. Boarding time was not accurate, and took a very long time to be ready to be push back. The cabin was very dirty, and not cleaned. The cabin crew were not willing to serve customer, and didn't smile or show any appreciation to the customer.

Air Europa Customer review :  17 May 2013 by Zohar Motti    (Israel)

Barcelona to Ben-Gurion airport on 16 May 2013, departing Barcelona at 00.35. My wife and I were sat in row 8,seats E and F. Duration of the flight was more than 4 hours and cabin staff served passengers more than 3 hours into the flight with cold drinks only and a sandwich. As we were served with cold drinks, I asked for a cup of tea, I was told there were no hot drinks on this flight. It was very cold in the cabin, and passengers asked for blankets which were not available. Not acceptable that no blankets were available during such a flight.

Air Europa Customer review :  2 May 2013 by Don Green    (Canada)

Yesterday I flew from Malaga to Paris with Air Europa which was a code share with KLM. Being 6'5" does have it's advantages but not when you are flying on a Boeing 737-800 in economy. I know this from several past experiences. That is why I was pleasantly surprised when the customer service agent at the check in counter offered me an extra room exit row seat without me even having to ask. From check in to landing everyone was totally professional and courteous. Nicely done Air Europa.

Air Europa Customer review :  23 April 2013 by I G Hutchinson    (UK)

We (spouse and myself) used AE for a return trip to Cuba via Madrid. Though in most ways the airline was acceptable rather than good or better, the food was unspeakably bad. The evening meal was something that passed for pasta - in truth it was a congealed mess, not warm and in no way tasty. Breakfast comprised a box with a roll with a tiny blob of butter and a piece of processed meat thrown in. Completely unacceptable. I will not fly them again.

Air Europa Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Tim Palmer    (UK)

I thought this airline was very good. 23kg for luggage, so I took some golf clubs. Flight was cheap. The service onboard was limited, but it didn't need to be overcomplicated on a 2 hour flight from London to Madrid. Flights were on time and got to the destination a bit early both ways. Luggage was on the conveyor at the other end as soon as I arrived.

Air Europa Customer review :  12 March 2013 by J Depaepe    (Belgium)

BRU-MAD return flight on E195. Planes are new and clean. Seats comfortable and reasonable leg room. Flights on time. Food for purchase, no IFE (which is normal on a 2 hour flight). Flight attendants very nice. Good value for money!

Air Europa Customer review :  15 January 2013 by Janice Walker    (UK)

Gatwick to Lima via Madrid. Everyone of the 4 flights was late with no information given. Because of this I missed a connection for an internal flight and had to buy a new ticket. The food was the worst I have ever come across and I'm not a fussy eater. Top that off with 2.50 Euros for a tiny cup of cheap and nasty coffee. I won't be flying with them again.

Air Europa Customer review :  29 December 2012 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

MAD-Milan, return. Both flights on time. Check in was fast, no long lines. Boarding by rows. Planes both ways nice 737, comfortable and nice mood lighting. Very nice and professional crew. No IFE, food for purchase. Bags on belt short after arrival.

Air Europa Customer review :  13 December 2012 by Chris Dore    (UK)

LGW-MAD. Flight supposedly on Embraer aircraft but instead on 737. Very good legroom for what is, in effect a low cost shuttle flight. Comfy seats. Flight left and arrived on time. Only food available was to buy.

Air Europa Customer review :  13 December 2012 by Chris Dore    (UK)

MAD-EZE, Airbus A332.Clean aircraft but not much legroom. Flight left 20 mins late but caught up time and arrived on schedule in Buenos Aires. Food OK. Three meals served, one of which breakfast was merely a snack. Monitor in my seatback did not work and, as the plane was full, no chance of moving. Very little "non- Spanish" entertainment played in any case.

Air Europa Customer review :  3 December 2012 by David Burgess    (UK)

London to Gran Canaria via Madrid, Business Class. Food was disgusting, tiny portions on plastic plates. Worse than economy on most airlines. Service was non existent. This is not a real business class. Never again.

Air Europa Customer review :  29 November 2012 by C Haas    (Holland)

Amsterdam via Madrid (with transfer) to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and vice versa. Old airplanes. No screens in the headrest in front of you, but general screens that didn't all work. The sound didn't work, the reading light didn't work, the crew decided to switch off the lights (on a day flight). I couldn't read without a reading light, I couldn't watch the movie without sound. Bad service, no hostess to guide us through Madrid airport for our transfer and very limited legroom. The limit was that we had to pay 20 dollars per person when we were leaving the Dominican Republic. This wasn't at somebody from the Dominican customs, but at the desk of Air Europa. When I pay the full price (a lot more than last year when we could fly directly with KLM), I expect good service. Never again!

Air Europa Customer review :  14 November 2012 by Gary Elson    (UK)

Flew London - Madrid - Caracas and return. Cheap, on time, comfortable, adequate leg room (I'm 6' 4"), but suggest seats B or G on the aisle.

Air Europa Customer review :  29 October 2012 by A Roberts    (UK)

London Gatwick to Madrid in Oct 2012. Ordered extra legroom seats for 20 euros each way, checked in online too. Check-in was quick, boarding was on time and took off at the correct time - no delays. Staff onboard were able to speak both Spanish and English and sold a range of snacks, drinks and other items - very reasonably priced and able to take credit cards. Flew on a Boeing 737-800 and an Embraer 195 jet aircraft. Flight itself was faultless - very comfortable seating, heating in cabin was very good - excellent airline, will look forward to flying them again!

Air Europa Customer review :  10 October 2012 by Paul Van Alsten    (France)

ORY-MAD-ORY. Got upgraded both ways but Business class service rather inconsistent. Outbound B737-800 - cabin too hot, comfortable leather seats with decent legroom, blocked middle seat. Got some newspapers and a welcome juice in a plastic glass. After takeoff purser offered another juice and some peanuts - and that was it: No meal on a two-hour- flight! Inbound Embraer 195 - I like the 2x2 seating configuration, cabin freezing cold. Neither newspapers nor welcome drink. But got a small cold tray as dinner. Cabin crew served some coffee then disappeared until landing. Lounge in MAD fairly spacious - good drink selection but disappointing food offer with only a few nibbles. Ticket fare quite competitive and I appreciated the upgrade gesture - but would definitely not pay for Business class.

Air Europa customer review :  29 September 2012 by Steven King   (UK)

Flew Gatwick to Madrid then Madrid to Lima yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. After reading the reviews below I was expecting a horror story. First flight took off on time. Second flight took off 45 minutes late but landed around 45 minutes early. Seats are comfy enough, not amazing. Staff were pleasant. Food was better than a lot of other airlines I have been on. Considering my flight only cost about 580 pounds, booked two days before departure, I would say it is excellent value for money. Similar fares to Lima were costing around 900 pounds. Perhaps I just got lucky but I would give Air Europa the thumbs up.

Air Europa customer review :  28 September 2012 by Parra Miguel   (Spain)

Flying MAD-JFK and back. First flight not bad, taking off near the right time, flying with a relative comfort and arriving ok. But the way back - the flight, supposed to be taking off at 10pm, was delayed and delayed and delayed. After 5 hours waiting for any information, it was cancelled. The staff were polite, but really ineffective. Instead of taking a passenger list and assign them a hotel, it was a "first come, first served", without any control. Next morning, no Air Europa staff appeared. Finally, at 3pm, a bus took us to the airport. At the airport, Air Europa lanes were empty, no staff. After half an hour, someone appeared. Fortunately, we were at the right place and took an advanced place in the lane. Very fortunately, because only 30 passengers were assigned a flight, that day at 10pm. No additional information for the rest of passengers, just lane shut down and good bye. Finally, with an additional delay of two hours, we left JFK. As a final screw, our luggage was not flying with us, so we needed to wait additional 24h to have it.

1 2 3 4 5