Air Europa Passenger Reviews and Air Europa Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

AIR EUROPA customer review :  8 March 2011 by P Lauris   (UK)

LGW-MAD-HAV return. Check-in at Gatwick very quick and easy. Flights on time. Personal IFE system outbound to Havana - have to pay for earphones, but i-pod ones work just as well. Different aircraft on return so just a screen at the front of the cabin, but as a night flight wasn't too bothered. Food not great but edible.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  3 March 2011 by W Hards   (UK)

Buenos Aires-LGW. Due to cancelled flight with another airline and missed connection at Buenos Aires, we had no alternative but to get back to the UK with Air Europa. Had awful seats 27G/H no window and 24" opposite the toilet. When we arrived onboard there was a notice saying Toilet Out of Order. Phew - at least we won't be bothered by people visiting the loo for a 13 hr flight! How wrong I was. Just before take off a member of staff took down the sign and promptly placed it on the washbasin. In other words the toilet was operable but there was no water to wash hands! The inflight entertainment system was not working so I had to twiddle my thumbs for the whole journey. To occupy my mind I worked out that the number of visits paid to the toilet without water was between 275-300 times! I felt disgusted that people would use a toilet without washing facilities. This should have been closed for health & safety reasons. I mentioned it to the Spanish steward but he didn't think too much about it. I asked why there was no hand antiseptic (like they use in hospitals) but he said "because of no water"! He did not understand what this gel was. One couple even changed their baby's nappy in the toilet. The seats felt uncomfortable with a lack of tilt. The only good thing about the whole flight was the coffee.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  28 February 2011 by A Sehwerert   (USA)

The staff at JFK need to be re-trained a bit in customer relations but onboard treated with professionalism, service as good or better than most US airlines. Food in economy was good and it came with free wine or beer. Ground staff in Spain was great.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  14 February 2011 by Paul Van Alsten   (France)

Regular flyer on CDG-VLC and ORY-PMI. Air Europa offers good value for money, even when booking at short notice. All flights on-time so far, seat is assigned at check-in. Informative cockpit crew, friendly and smiling stewardesses. Food and drinks for purchase - reasonable prices, excellent coffee. On the downside the B737-800 are showing their age - tight seat pitch, worn-out seats, greasy and dirty windows. Furthermore trying to use online check-in often results in an error message or technical problem. I prefer Air Europa to Iberia for crew friendliness and cheaper fares.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  7 February 2011 by P Csiki   (USA)

The flight was on time to and from Rome, food was good, plane was decent. The crew was helpful and polite.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  7 February 2011 by Diana Ruiz   (UK)

Lima - Madrid. I booked a flight with Air Europa to travel to Madrid, for a connecting flight to London Stansted. Before we booked this flight I asked the staff in Peru and the staff at Air Europa if there would be any problems in Madrid doing this, and were informed by both that provided we had a visa for the country of final destination and a confirmed ticket for my onward connecting flight to the UK. We were not planning on leaving the airport in Madrid there would be no need for a transit visa, or a schengen visa. Upon arrival in Lima Airport they refused to board me as they told me I need a visa to change planes in Madrid to the Ryanair flight to London - told me that if I paid them another $148.00 USD in cash, they would board me and put me on a connecting flight with Air Europa, Iberia or Spanair. I did not have $148.00 USD in cash to give them -, I called my fiance and told him and he gave me his Visa card details so we did not lose my flight. They refused to accept the Visa Card payment and would only take a cash payment. The staff at the ticket desk were the rudest people I have ever met. They refused to board me and told me I had lost both my outward and return flights and all my money 700.00 and that their will be no refund. The flight was booked from the UK by my fiance, so Air Europa in Peru told me their was nothing they can do. I was unable to take my flight to Madrid and lost Ryanair flights to London. The whole thing has cost over 1000.00, and I was stranded at the Airport with all my bags etc with no money to get home and no flight to the UK for our wedding. We have had to cancel the wedding as we do not have another 1000.00 for me to travel to the UK. Beware before you book flights with Air Europa they are the worst airline we have ever dealt with, and have the rudest staff of any airline.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  22 January 2011 by Tracy Bedwell   (UK)

Worst airline I have ever travelled on. Not enough check in staff, 3 hour delay, no help in catching the connecting flight. Lost our luggage and still haven't sorted it out a month later - not heard a thing. Flight crew unprofessional and rude, aircraft old and filthy, food appalling. The after service call centre in Mallorca the worst I have ever dealt with.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  14 January 2011 by David Maler   (France)

Paris to Madrid economy class, aircraft arrived with 1h 45 hour delay at Paris to pick up passengers, then we were rushed into the aircraft to avoid the 2 hour delay penalty. Once seated, it took an extra 45 minutes to take off, as the pilot said it did not have clearance from Madrid control tower. Why rushing the passengers into the airplane then? In the end we landed with almost 3 hour delay, no compensation, food or drink offered during the flight, staff extremely unpleasant and unprofessional, chatting loudly between themselves at the back of the plane. The aircraft was dirty, it really felt like a very poor airline, I would not recommend it at all.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  14 January 2011 by A Martin   (UK)

A very poor airline which offers poor value for money and would certainly not recommend. London-Gatwick to Madrid and back. Check-in is very slow with massive queues at the airport. Boarding ok but could have been much more organised. Their aircraft are a right mess and showing their age, very uncomfortable even for a short flight. The cabin crew are not at all good.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  10 January 2011 by F Vladimir   (Russia)

Buenos Aires-Madrid. The original ticket was through Madrid to Rome, and I wanted to disembark in Madrid instead of going all the way to Rome, for which they charged me EUR 70, but it took them 40 minutes at the check-in to execute it. Nearly missed the flight. The service onboard was very bad and inattentive. Most of ground and onboard staff speaks Spanish and poor English. I had the feeling throughout that they are barely on top of things they are doing so any request a bit out of ordinary causes problems. I had no major issues, but overall it was the worst flight I ever had.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  5 January 2011 by B Whitaker   (UK)

London Gatwick to Buenos Aires (via Madrid) 4.5 hours late with no explanation given at all. Air Europa changed my return flight by 3 hours -again with no explanation. Flight was in the early hours so left in the airport with no ground staff from Air Europa at all. The service is appalling. The planes themselves are not set up for long-haul. Many of the seats do not recline nor do many of the screens for on board entertainment work. You have to pay for headphones or bring your own. The food was beyond awful and the air hosts could not tell me what the food was (it was hard to identify and I am not a meat eater). I was told to 'just try it or leave it, not their responsibility to know what the food was'!. For me the most worrying element was the lack of safety. We descended and landed with the air hosts standing up and chatting. Some of the overhead lockers were not shut and passengers were not asked to have seats upright or tables put away. Seat belts were not checked at any point.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  31 December 2010 by M Zea   (Spain)

Business class CDG-AGP being the second leg of the flight from NRT. The flight was canceled due to heavy snow. Till here everything understandable. The company didn't offer us business class seats for the flight next day until I complained and made some noise. Air Europa didn't offer us hotel and left us sleeping in the terminal without any support - no hotel, no food, nothing. The ground staff didn't give us any explanation or made any official announcement - so all passengers running from one side to another. I can understand/accept a flight cancelled by weather but it's unacceptable that they left us hanging in the airport in such conditions. I'm Spanish and I will avoid Air Europa like the plague - not even a low cost company.Old planes, old seats, everything looking early 90's.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  20 December 2010 by L Sipila   (France)

Paris to Lima in Business because of their unbeatable price, and pleasantly surprised by the level of service. CDG-MAD a codeshare by Air France, whose Business Class service is below all standards, just normal economy. Business lounge in Madrid is very basic, but onboard young and cheerful crew, who were attentive and smiling. Excellent meals with Spanish flavours and some of their best wines. Comfortable reclining seats allowed a nice sleep. Similarly pleasant experience on the return flight.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  9 December 2010 by D Baigent   (UK)

Air Europa overbooked the flight and my pregnant wife is now trapped in Argentina and unable to return home for a minimum of 24 hours. Staff are being very unhelpful with arranging alternative flights although other flights are leaving today. Please do not book with this airline.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  29 November 2010 by Luis Villalba   (Spain)

Barcelona Miami-Barcelona. Based on a decent experience a year ago flying to Argentina, decided to fly them again. Now I regret it. BCN-MIA was uneventful; nothing worth mentioning except confirming what others have already written about their old B767s (old, no flight entertainment, tight seats etc) - crew did smile at times, which made me think that they make an effort to differentiate themselves from Iberia. Flight back a complete nightmare: Completely incompetent check-in staff at MIA airport, 1.5 hr delay in Miami, late boarding and departure without explanation. Thirsty and hungry passengers had to wait about an additional 1.5hrs after take off to have dinner served as crew were busy with duty free sales. By landing 1 hour late in Madrid, a significant portion of passengers lost their connections. About 20 of us were connecting to Barcelona, and when arriving to passport control section we were told we needed to pick our baggage (they were supposed to go directly to Barcelona?). With tons of baggage, connecting passengers had to stroll through Terminal buildings 1 and 2. When we finally arrived at the customer service center in T2, an airline employee got us all BCN passengers together and told us everything was prepared for us to continue our journey with local low cost carrier Vueling since their next flight wouldn't leave until 9pm. At first this seemed like a decent solution, but when I asked her if Vueling would accept our 2+ baggages (based on ticket allowance travelling to US) she hesitated and rushed to call Vueling. When she came back, she said the answer was no - since Vueling accepted 1 baggage/20k per person and that either we paid our baggage excess with Vueling or we fly with them 5hrs later. Frustrated we took our chances and gave it a shot at Vueling, who thankfully checked in the totality of our baggage without charges and who brought us back home 5 hours later than expected. Next time I will be very willing to pay 100 EUR more to travel with other carriers.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  24 November 2010 by T Rampia   (Greece)

Madrid to Las Palmas. 3 hours delay, poor information of what is happening. What upset me most is the fact that there was hardly no information of what is happening and it was only in Spanish. I wouldn't travel with them again. The last drop was when my daughter's suitcase arrived broken as well.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  23 November 2010 by Martin Ricoy   (Spain)

Madrid to Gatwick, 21st November, showed up in T-1 in Barajas 2hrs before departure, to find a line for check in that in conservative estimates was at least 150 metres long and with at least 600 people. Air Europa has a considerable number of flights to South America, all leaving around midday, most passengers show up three to four hours ahead of travel. After 1.5 hours we were only halfway through the line, I went to the counter to see what they planned only to be dismissed with poor manners. At 20 min. before departure Air Europa started to call all passengers to Gatwick to step forward, it turned out that more than one hundred people were in the same predicament, they frantically started giving out boarding passes to all involved, massive disorganization, many highly upset. Needless to say the flight left late, never again.

1 2 3 4 5