Air Europa Passenger Reviews and Air Europa Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Air Europa customer review :  9 January 2012 by K Johnson   (UK)

London-Madrid then Madrid-Havana return. All four flights were punctual, two arrived early. The London- Madrid plane was new, roomy with comfy leather seats. No food but it is a very short flight, and no hard sell of their own food/products. The plane to Havana was much older - no TV screens, had to purchase (or use own) headphones. Seats were no smaller than other economy seats. It was clean, staff friendly and we were given both a meal and a snack, and water at no charge. Food was acceptable. Luggage arrived fine. I would have no qualms flying Air Europa again if the schedule suited me better.

Air Europa customer review :  13 December 2011 by S Mimmi   (Italy)

We flew to and from Havana and we're never going to repeat this experience! The seats were worn, small and cramped and our legs hit the seat in front for 9 hours! No food, except a snack, while the rest was meant to be bought. On the return flight, we were given the emergency exit seats, except that before boarding the hostess called us and told us that those seats they were already taken and she would give us 3 row seats in business class. Well, there was no business class and we had the most uncomfortable journey back I ever experienced.

Air Europa customer review :  18 November 2011 by K Larsen   (Denmark)

Paris CDG to Malaga. Old plane, dirty and service started very late into the flight. Was on 6th row, but was out of food when they finally came to my row. Flight crew did not seem to care about passengers. Announcements impossible to understand due to heavy Spanish accent. My luggage was lost and now 14 days later, still no suitcase, and airline very reluctant to assist.

Air Europa customer review :  9 November 2011 by N Eustis   (USA)

Flew for the first and last time. Our flight was delayed over 3 hours. We sat onboard for more than an hour without any announcements. The seats were extremely worn and uncomfortable. The floors were dirty with garbage/crumbs. Overall, the planes felt old. The flight was overnight and around 3 am, all the lights were turned on to serve a meal. I was overall disappointed with this airline and will not fly them again.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  2 November 2011 by Christophe Chouleur   (France)

Paris CDG to Malaga return, flights on time. Efficient boarding, clean and comfortable cabin. Buy on Board menu is good and the prices are correct. Flight attendants doing their job. A good experience.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  23 September 2011 by Paul Van Alsten   (France)

ORY-MAD-ORY Economy. Departure from ORY much more convenient than CDG. Both flights on Embraer 195 - clean cabin, comfortable leather seats with decent legroom. I like the 2x2 seating configuration. Food and drinks for purchase - pricey but excellent coffee. Lounge in MAD fairly spacious - good drink selection but disappointing food offer with only a few nibbles. On the downside both flights were delayed by one hour with no information or apologies from the crew. Ticket fare quite competitive, considering that I booked my daytrip at short notice.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  23 September 2011 by T Antunes   (USA)

JFK-Madrid and Vigo-Madrid-JFK. First time I used this airline and flight attendants courteous, meals great, on time and flight experience good. Booked my trip through online services and I was a little sceptic about it, but it turned out to be fine and I will be using them again in future.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  20 September 2011 by Kate Connor   (USA)

MIA-BCN, changing in Madrid. Knew before flight that it would depart 2.5 hrs late (late incoming flight). Flight itself was smooth (but, of course, 2.5 hrs late). We were told not to collect our luggage in MAD, there was only one harassed and exceedingly slow-moving Air Europa clerk dealing with things. Changed us to a SpanAir flight that we couldn't possibly make, had to go back and be assigned a later flight. Of course luggage was nowhere to be seen, it finally arrived 3 days later in Barcelona. Staff I dealt with were indifferent. They knew we would miss connecting flight and did nothing about it to prevent days worth of trouble later.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  16 September 2011 by S Hagopian   (USA)

We checked in online for our flight from JFK to Madrid, online check-in went smoothly, and we printed our boarding passes. Got to the airport early, and since we had no luggage to check, we proceeded directly to security. We got through security with no issues and went to the gate and got in line to board. Upon getting to the front of the line, we were told we could not get onboard because we didn't check-in at the counter. We said we did online check-in and have boarding passes which say to go to the gate. We proceeded to wait for 45 mins for someone from reservations while the plane continued to board and then left an hour late. The woman from reservations finally came up and said that we had to call their offices to get the flights sorted out. After arguing to see what else they could do, we call the number she gave us and there is no one that speaks English. Ending up buying a ticket on Iberia for 6pm Saturday and plan to demand a refund on Monday. Worst airline experience I've had, what the point of online check-in if you have to check in again at the counter.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  4 September 2011 by H Scully   (USA)

NYC-Madrid-Lisbon for the first time in Business Class. Surprised and happy at the service and comfort of the plane. Tickets are good value for money. The only down side was the organization at the airport, no respect of Business Class line and no one was reinforcing it.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  30 August 2011 by H Bettendorf   (Italy)

Venice-Madrid-Lima. Business cabin seats not clean - crumbs everywhere. Very uncomfortable seats. Two hour delay outbound, one hour delay on return. During meal, if you are watching a movie it is interrupted and you are forced to watch a 1 hr p.r. / ad video about Air Europa. Same on connection Madrid-Venice. Business seats are expensive - they should let you watch whatever you want. Socks that airline provide lose their ink all over your feet - very poor quality. On return flight hostesses never came through the cabin offering water - you had to get up and get it yourself. Hostesses took turns sleeping in last row of Business seats.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  12 August 2011 by Bajoudi Fatimaezzahra   (UK)

London to Madrid, Madrid to Cancun. On the flight to Cancun, Business class was extremely dirty and they lost our suitcase. On return to Madrid was delayed 5 hours meaning missed connection to London. Nobody at Madrid could help us, I called the help line but got nowhere. They asked us to clear passport control and leave Terminal 1. At their office only one person was helping a huge line of customers. I ended up buying tickets with easyjet. To be fair there were 3 hostesses who were extremely kind, smiling and made our trip less awful.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  23 June 2011 by A Kuchta   (USA)

Well my trip started out with a fabulous connecting flight from Miami to Madrid and then from Madrid to Italy. The attendants were all so courteous, like wise on the way the home. Except for the little fact as to they lost my luggage. Now I understand we are all human and luggage does get lost but what I do not understand is why they do not believe in customer service (a.k.a. returning phone calls or being polite). Not only did they just loose my luggage but once they had located it in the Madrid airport, they sent it to Miami to be delivered to me that night. Another problem, my luggage was never delivered to me as promised. So again more and more calls and still no call back until finally they responded with Ma'am your luggage is in Havana, Cuba. The Customer service is awful and I will not fly with them again.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  20 June 2011 by Paul Van Alsten   (France)

ORY-MAD-ORY Economy. Outbound on modern Embraer 195 - clean cabin, comfortable leather seats with decent legroom. Inbound on rather old B737-800 - worn-out synthetic seats, greasy windows. Both flights on-time. Informative cockpit crew, smiling stewardesses but very slow service. Food and drinks for purchase - a bit pricey, excellent coffee. Online check-in works only when departing Spain. Good value for money, considering that I booked my daytrip at short notice.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  16 June 2011 by S Taggart   (USA)

Horrible experience with Air Europa. Barcelona to Madrid connecting to UK. Bag stayed behind in Madrid. Air Europa Customer Service can't get anyone in Madrid to answer the phone! Went on to Dublin. Still no bag. Back now in Barcelona, still no bag, 13 days later. Initial response was, "we have 31 days to return your bag, you know!" Had to purchase new clothing, etc. Never mind essential items, some of which cannot be replaced without returning all the way home to the US. Absolutely no concern whatsoever for customer inconvenience. Inept, incompetent.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  31 May 2011 by J Tung   (UK)

They don't offer online check in (at least not for my flight). Seats were assigned by the time you book the flight. The departure time was brought forward by 15 minutes and I got an email notice few days before travel. Check in was efficient at Gatwick. There were only few passengers in front of the queue. Boarding smooth and no rush. The plane was a E190 – new, decent leg room and the service was great. The staff wore a smile and were very patient and friendly. Flight left Gatwick 30 minutes late but arrived pretty on time.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  24 May 2011 by P Winthrop   (UK)

LPA-SVQ, usual unpleasant Spanish ground staff (what's up with them?), but onboard everything fine. Pleasant FAs, who carried out proper cabin checks, happy to serve and delivered PAs in clear English. Aircraft elderly but cabin clean and tidy. No complaints.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  18 May 2011 by Louise Baker   (UK)

Even for a low-cost airline, Air Europa offers abysmal value for money. I took a flight from Paris to BA via Madrid and back two weeks later. Going out a 10 hour delay at Barajas. We were put up in a hotel for a few hours. Flight out uneventful, but service abominable and plane filthy. Food atrocious. Way back a 5 hour delay with no information. Lost connection back to Paris, made to pay 130 extra euros to go straight to London as they had also made me lose my eurostar. Told to track down my own luggage, sent from one terminal to the next in Barajas for two hours with totally useless staff with contradictory information. In the end I had to board my new flight without my suitcase. Cherry on the cake was when the flight attendant to London told me off for using the bathroom before landing - after she had spent 12 minutes doing her hair in it. This airline is a disgrace at every level and should be shut down. Above all, staff training appears non-existent.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  11 May 2011 by J Kroeger   (UK)

London to Dakar via Madrid and were pleasantly surprised with service and punctuality. We were due to return on 11 May and tried to do an online check in to get boarding passes. We succeeded to get boarding passes for Madrid to London but not the Dakar- Madrid leg. Because we knew that their website was generally dysfunctional we were resigned to show up at the airport in time for the flight. A friend suggested we call Air Europa via his friend at a travel agent. There aren't any telephone numbers shown on the site so it seemed a good idea. Only then did we discover that our flight was cancelled and that we had been transferred onto the Saturday 14th flight. Air Europa said they would not confirm this in writing but said we should just show up. As we are a 4 hour drive to the airport this is an unsettling situation.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  5 May 2011 by L Edwards   (UK)

LGW- Madrid-Havana return. Check in smooth, although got growled at somewhat when asking for an upgrade as on honeymoon. Cabin Staff friendly and efficient. Food no better or worse than other airlines (included in the long haul stretch, not the LGW- Madrid part). In-flight entertainment, first movie in Spanish only. All in all no problems at all.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  4 May 2011 by S Armitage   (UK)

London Gatwick-Madrid Barajas-Buenos Aires return. All flights on time, check in efficient and general customer service good. Food provided on long haul crossing was edible, if not desirable. Stewards were sullen but not unhelpful, and inflight entertainment on the return flight was fantastic, though not working properly on the way out. Fantastic value for money, and though most certainly not a 5* airline, the best deal for a Europe-South America.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  27 April 2011 by Eugene Kalatsidis   (Spain)

MAD-ATH. Air Europe could easily be named esyjet in terms of inflight service, however check in quite efficient. Nothing complimentary on flight, got myself sandwich + coke for EUR7, quite reasonable. Will fly again if it is a bargain otherwise AF or LH.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  18 April 2011 by Mohammed Shakil   (USA)

JFK in business class to Madrid on to Barcelona and back. Seats were not great, service was good. Food was average and entertainment TV service was very poor. I was delayed by airport transfer 'Aero city' in reaching to the airport and I was not only not allowed to board and I had to buy one more ticket at a premium but not only was charged for the ticket to go to Madrid but was charged 200 for the connecting flight which I did not miss, excuse given was since I missed one leg of my flight I will have to rebook the other one but I was reaching Madrid in time to get my next connection.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  18 April 2011 by R Romney   (USA)

Booked a flight on Air Europa from Miami to Barcelona more than 6 months in advance of our trip departure date. The airline keeps making flight changes and my most recent arrival time in Barcelona is 1 hour before I am scheduled to depart on my cruise - obviously that leaves hardly enough time to get through customs, baggage pick up, possible flight delays or travel to the port. I am still more than two months away from my departure date, but Air Europa is still charging me a $145 change fee + another $200 p/p (there are 4 of us) to change our flight to one day earlier - even though they are the ones that keep changing my arrival time.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  18 March 2011 by Richard Baldwin   (USA)

We flew Air Europa from Barcelona to Madrid. The online purchase and seat selection were flawless, check in and baggage drop efficient and no line. Because I am a Delta Platinum, I was allowed SkyTeam boarding with the business class passengers. Boeing 737-800 was fairly new, seating all leather and in perfect condition. Although they charged 2.50 euros for a diet coke, service was otherwise good. A great flight overall.

AIR EUROPA customer review :  14 March 2011 by J French   (UK)

London to Cuba. We were delayed for an 1.5hrs going out and 3 hrs on the way back. The staff were terrible, very poor at communicating and didn't know what was going on. The plane looked pretty tired and seats are pretty uncomfortable (although decent legroom). On the way back, Air Europa lost our luggage (we changed at Madrid which was rushed as we were late). The baggage service sorted it out and sent it on to us within 24 hours. Overall, Air Europa are cheap, but it shows.

1 2 3 4 5