Air Canada rouge Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Air Canada rouge
1.0 Star Rating: Very poor

1 2 3

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 July 2014 by J Mulloy    (Canada)

Booked Rouge YUL-LAS. Flight left on time and without any problems. Now for all the negativity about this airline: It's really not bad at all. I'm 5'6" and I didn't find the leg room to be any less than I've experienced on Air Canada or Qantas before. Yes the seat is uncomfortable but the great service from the flight attendants made up for it. The attendants were always very professional and courteous answering any questions people had. I do agree that they are a bit "young" but as long as they know how to do their job, that shouldn't matter. Of course there were no TV's but I was aware of this beforehand and loaded up my iPad with my own movies. I checked what was playing on this flight before I left and wasn't impressed so I didn't download the AC app at all. On my return home we had a RedEye flight and again, it left on time and everyone was professional. They came around with complimentary drinks and then dimmed the lights so people could sleep. Of course trying to sleep in a plane is never fun but I was able to get some shut eye. All in all, I would fly Rouge again, it's really not as bad as people make it out to be.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Pinheiro Joe    (Canada)

My wife and I booked a Las Vegas get away with Air Canada. We had no idea that it was with Rouge. I hope that everyone that reads these reviews take them to heart and don't book with Rouge. The seats are the worst, no entertainment but you can get movies for a $10 ipad rental (what a joke). I fly 3-5 times a year and I will never fly this airline again. The attendants did a good job but had a lot of complaints from other passengers about the seats.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 July 2014 by A Chudleigh    (Australia)

Premium Rouge

LAX-YYC. Air Canada Rouge 19th July, wasn't expecting much after all the negative reviews but very happy with the flight. The A319 is a little dated and it isn't really business but roomy enough for a 3 hour flight. Food was fine, coffee acceptable and iPad was also good enough for 3 hours. Departed close to on time and arrived on time. Polite efficient service from Trevor and Vicki. This was a Lifemiles redemption flight originally on an AC E190 in business, but changed about 3 weeks before departure, so not really sure if it value for money.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 July 2014 by B Flamig    (USA)

We had the misfortune of booking a round-trip flight between Phoenix and Toronto on Air Canada Rouge recently. I was shocked to find the most cramped seats on any airline flight I've taken. I could not have my knees straight ahead without hitting the seat in front. I had to angle my knees to the side. This was on a 4.5 hour flight! Not a recipe for any sort of comfort. I'm 5'11". I can't imagine what is was like for those taller than me. To add more "salt" to this bad recipe, they no longer provide display screens on the seat in front of you with which to watch movies, etc. Instead, you are encouraged to bring your own device, and use their "WIFI" service. Now, having WIFI sounds good, until you discover that there is no general connection to the internet, (at least I couldn't figure out how to do it), only to their own browser pages, including their movie and music selections - which we could not get to work. The end result? Cramped seats and no movies. So unless you brought your own entertainment to distract you from the extremely uncomfortable seats, you were in for a long flight. Fortunately, my wife had e- books to read on her tablet, and I resorted to listening to music on a laptop. Forget opening your laptop to any readable position. There's no room, even when the seat in front of you is in the locked and upright position. We've flown the non-stop Phoenix-Toronto flights for sixteen years now, at least once a year. Up until now, we've always chosen to fly Air Canada, often times not even checking to see what the alternative carriers had to offer. In the past, the service has always been better than the US carrier alternatives. But you can better believe that from now on, we'll be actively choosing a different carrier for our annual flights to Toronto.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 July 2014 by T Sappington    (USA)

I booked an international itinerary that included two segments that were originally on AC (Los Angeles-Vancouver, Calgary-Los Angeles). After booking, these flights were changed to AC Rouge on the A-319 aircraft. The first flight was on time, the second one departed about 20 minutes late. The crews were friendly and upbeat, and we were offered a drink on both flights. However, the IFE didn't work with my computer, and the legroom was absolutely terrible. After the first flight, my back was sore since I had to sit so straight to protect my knees (I'm 6'0" tall). Fortunately the person in front of me didn't recline. On the second flight, my wife and I were alone in our row (only 2 of the three seats were occupied), so we could spread out a bit. This was good, since the person in front of me (and the one next to him) reclined fully. If I hadn't been able to sit sideways, I don't know how I would have made it for almost three hours. I would not use AC Rouge again (nor would I ever recommend it to anyone), and I would think twice about booking another international itinerary on AC. Even if I were able to book my flights only on AC (as opposed to AC Rouge), one cannot seem to tell when a flight will be "rouged"!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 July 2014 by V Clements    (Canada)

Also a not nice surprise for me to find out that my full price points ticket from Manchester landed me on a Rouge flight. I wasn't aware of Rouge until I arrived at the very long, very inefficient line at the check in counter (even thought it was noted in small letters on my electronic ticket). Oh boy, not impressed - with anything except the energetic young employees (who are probably at the bottom of the pay scale for attendants). Won't be taking a Rouge flight anywhere I can avoid it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 July 2014 by G Voros    (Canada)

This flight was our first on Rouge, and did not fly first class because there isn't really a first class, its regular class with the middle seat blocked, I got different answers every time I called Air Canada as to what type of seats it was going to be, so we stayed with regular economy class. Overall the flight was better than I expected. It wasn't a great flight but it was on par with any chartered flight on Sunwing or Air Transat, or any of those airlines that fly mass groups for cheap to the Caribbean. It was the only direct flight I could find from Toronto to San Diego, and flying with kids, the less time on plane and traveling the better. The service was same as usual, the staff was friendly. The lack of TV entertainment built into the seat seems a step backwards to me but not a big deal. would I fly with them again, not if I can pick another airline but not as bad as all the reviews.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 July 2014 by C Healy    (USA)

I booked a flight from Dublin to Boston via Toronto on Air Canada using American Express points. Little did I know it was on "Rouge", their new low-cost service. I am petite but the seats were uncomfortable even for me. Worst of all was that there was no in-flight entertainment system! Apparently now you have to have an iPad, and have downloaded a special app before boarding the plane, in order to access movies and TV shows. iPads were offered for rent for $10 each for those who don't have their own or who didn't magically know about this system and it's necessary app. When I complained about this to the flight attendant and said it seemed like another way to nickel and dime passengers, he claimed it wasn't about making money and said this new system reduced the weight of the plane. If that's true then the airline is surely saving enough on fuel costs not to have to charge $10 for movies. I sure am glad I brought a good book for this seven hour flight! This is the second time I've flown Air Canada and both times have been a bad experience. I plan to avoid them in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 July 2014 by C Baratta    (Canada)

After reading the many negative reviews, we were very worried about flying Rouge. We flew from Dublin to Toronto and we were pleasantly surprised. The seats seemed to be the same size as the seats we flew down with on Air Canada. The flight attendants were very friendly, with great service and went out of their way to help answer any questions. We would not hesitate to travel with them again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 July 2014 by T Street    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

My company had to fly me overnight to Las Vegas to meet a client at short notice and I was booked on Westjet Plus on the outgoing and Air Canada Rouge Premium on the return. Delightful trip down on WJ with great professional cabin staff, open bar and food service and good entertainment choices on backseat TV. Return horrible on Rouge with uncomfortable seating in business cabin, tiny overhead bins and obstructed underseat storage and no entertainment option except for old movies on an Ipad. Service atrocious with no drinks after more than an hour in the air, hot meal choices overcooked and too salty and inexperienced staff. Looked at how much my company paid for my ticket was and was shocked that my return on Rouge cost twice as much as my outgoing on Westjet. As I plan to take my spouse to Las Vegas for a holiday I will never consider flying Air Canada Rouge as it is a rip off.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Peace Robert    (Canada)

I have flown to Cancun from Toronto for many years every month. I was excited initially to learn that AC would add a Rouge option to 'compete' with the other airlines. In the end the price is 99 percent of the time higher than Westjet, Sunwing and Transat and the seats are now worse than all of them! They are now at par with Canjet but at a 40 percent higher price. The Premium Class is a joke for the insane business class price. I get the same 'upgrade' on Sunwing for $40 not $1,200 each way!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Horn Elizabeth    (USA)

It would help to know what to expect on AC Rouge flights. On some flights we got food, on others we had to buy meals. I checked beforehand and the information was not correct. The wireless entertainment was terrible. Watching one movie, I and my neighbors were disconnected probably 20 times and had to restart, go through all the menu options each time just to continue the show. Plus limited selections. My partner didn't download the AC App, so had no entertainment on our 11 hour flight. I had just happened to download the app, didn't realize it was important. No wifi for anything other than the Rouge entertainment. No flight map available.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 July 2014 by D Guttman    (Canada)

Had to fly from Athens (ATH) to Toronto (YYZ) and ended up on an AC Rouge flight. I was surprised to say the least since I certainly didn't sign up for a Rouge flight and wouldn't have taken AC if I had know it was Rouge. I am just over 6 ft so the leg room and seat recline was horrible. It was extremely uncomfortable for all 11 hrs! The "food" was sparse and tasteless. There is no entertainment system to speak of. They have an inflight wi-fi system to deliver it, but you need to have an Apple product or rent one of their ipads to use it. I tried connecting through my computer and gave up half way through 2 movies because of lost connection and poor quality. Of course if you want to use your computer you have to actually fit it on your tray - good luck there. My recommendation is to never take Rouge unless you are a small person who doesn't eat and likes to sleep sitting up straight. AC, you should be ashamed!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 July 2014 by J McArthur    (Canada)

I flew to Las Vegas on Air Canada for the last time. I head there for work about 15 times per year. My last flight I dutifully booked with Air Canada, but failed to notice it wasn't Air Canada anymore. It was Rouge. More like Gouge. This is a discount airline where all that is discounted is comfort and service. Price is still at a premium. Air Canada should know from it's Star Alliance Partner, United, that this will not be successful.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 July 2014 by K Chui    (Canada)

Had to fly from YVR to LAX for business but unfortunately AC only offers Rouge service for direct flights. Seating was incredibly uncomfortable and the service level was substandard compared to the previous AC ML flights, and I would argue below that of UA and some other US carriers (plane wasn't clean, air conditioning wasn't cold enough, overhead cabins were packed full and the flight crew pretty inexperienced). I'm now flying YVR to SFO to LAX via UA just to avoid having to fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 July 2014 by Douglas Gourla    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flew AC Rouge for the first time this week. It was a discounted business class ticket from Toronto the San Diego. I had been warned by AC flight attendants on previous trips that this route was changing to "Rouge". I kept an open mind but when I got on board, the seats were terrible. As others have said, the front of the plane uses economy seats clusters of three x three, but the middle seat is unsold. I was seat 3D and by the time they brought me my dinner selection, I had no choice but the veg pasta. I declined the offer. They said I could have any of the "for sale" offerings from economy. When I asked about the chicken listed on the menus (they reduced the selection actually offered to salmon or pasta), they said I would have to take one of the crew meals. I did and it was quite tasty but if felt like it was an imposition. I won't comment on the IFE, but the iPad was a peculiar touch for a 5 hour flight. So, the seats are very uncomfortable, the IFE is mediocre at best and the sense of "value for dollar spent" left me feeling like I'd wasted my money. If I find out that my $2200 flight has less than 150% qualifying air miles, I will make an issue out of it. As it is, I'm likely going to be traveling through LAX from now on. I'm truly disappointed in the direction that Air Canada has gone. It's a sharp contrast from the lay flat modular business class that puts United and other carriers to shame.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 July 2014 by J Isner    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

After reading some of the reviews, I was worried, but I just completed a YYZ-EDI redeye and it was more or less exactly what I expected. On the more side: the legroom was a pleasant surprise, it helped also that it wasn't a sell out flight. On the less side: the crew didn't have any landing cards to distribute, so an already tedious and confused immigration/passport control went quickly from bad to worse, I was prepared for the business with the entertainment, but others weren't, and Rouge is not doing a good enough job of educating its new customers about it. I get that sometimes a flight can go haywire, and what a drag to end up on Rouge when you have paid for AC, but this is a discount/bucket airline with poor food and cramped seating. You get what you pay for.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 July 2014 by J Hughes    (Canada)

Very basic service, with basic flight attendants, who lacked experience and training. Poor leg room and seat comfort. Menu offerings extremely limited, no beverage service was offered after the one and only meal service and no duty free. Hardly a travel experience I would like to repeat.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 July 2014 by T Owen    (Canada)

The trend at Air Canada to squeeze the most out of space seems to a common thread above. I had made the mistake of booking a Rouge flight, unaware of the atypical AC configuration changes. The rouge cabin is offensive in general, and specifically inhumane due to the lack of leg space forward, and width wise. Then to add to the horror, they allow the seats to recline such that ones living space is compromised so that the table is utterly useless. I am of average height and weight. This is not an issue of me be a huge person. I mentioned to the crew this point, to which a very pleasant representative replied that "we have been getting that a lot, but we are competing with Sunwing." I fly Air Canada for comfort. I complained, and it was the typical response (much later) they are not sorry - they are just sorry that I was upset. With all the Elite perks disappearing for all but the Super Elite and Million milers, I think the best before date has passed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 July 2014 by Mike Gordon    (Canada)

Ottawa-Montreal-Cuba. Ottawa-Montreal trip was OK (Dash 8), then we had the displeasure to get a Rouge place. What can I add here? Everything has been said, everything is terrible. It looks like the staff is composed of new members only, totally disorganized. Wanted to buy a pizza, they were out, pretzels, out, vegetables, out, Beef sandwich, out, so it was either a Campbell ramen soup or the vegetarian wrap. Even if you have to pay for everything they have nothing to offer! Never again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 July 2014 by D Lee    (UK)

Got delayed by 14 hours on MAN-YYZ, no communication. IFE is an awful idea, cramped seat. Generally awful. Had to fight them for any food or water at the airport. Will never travel with them again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 July 2014 by S Robertson    (USA)

Premium Rouge

Flown Air Canada for 20+ years and probably been on several hundred flights in the past 15 years. I have been there for the merger with Canadian and start of Air Canada Jazz but nothing compares to how ripped off I felt with Air Canada Rouge that have taken over for mainline flights from California to Vancouver. I have been in both Economy and Premium Rouge. Economy seats were the worst seats I have experienced on any airline, anywhere in the world. Premium Rouge is okay but is not worth a business fare. The lack of power supply and the usual entertainment monitor were a big peeve compared to regular business or even economy from before. Unfortunately there is getting less and less choice but I think it would be wise to switch to United Air Mile plan and fly them more. I never thought I would be saying that because United has also gone downhill since the merger with Continental. Hopefully another airline will be able to deliver a global network, air miles and better service, I would be willing to move to them.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Neil Henderson    (Canada)

If you want to fly and have multiple last minute flight delays, this is who you want to fly with. Leaving Pearson direct to Manchester UK, departure time 10.25pm. At around 9.30pm when we were in the boarding area, flight delayed until 1am. Around 11.30pm, a fellow passenger received a text message that the flight was delayed until 10am the following morning. Only those that had connecting flights were put up in a hotel for the evening, so driving 2 hours to Pearson to be told to get a hotel is a slap in the face. Return flight apparently some computer problem at Manchester airport. We boarded plane and sat there for another hour before being taxied to runway. Worst experience ever - do not consider flying with AC rouge. Poor seats, poor inflight entertainment.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 July 2014 by A Dobson    (UK)

Premium Rouge

Having read the reviews, I was a bit apprehensive to travel AC Rouge on a transatlantic flight today, Edinburgh to Toronto. However, Prem Economy was surprisingly OK, food was OK, Staff were helpful and attentive, and the provided ipad (free in prem econ) worked as well as most fixed screens - better in some ways as you could angle it to suit yourself, and much better picture. Clearly a budget service, but the price does not really reflect that, being 50% more than Air Transat. I will probably use them again, but BA/KLM/United they are not!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 July 2014 by M Neff    (Canada)

Flew from LAS to YYZ in a packed 767 and got put in the very back row. Freezing cold AC, blankets cost $7 bucks, the cabin crew never offered me any food, and worse, the plane was dirty. I don't even want to know what was on the washroom floor, but it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days. Worst landing I've experienced. Never again though. I'll pay the extra money to fly in comfort and courtesy.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 July 2014 by D Cross    (Canada)

Flew from YVR to LAX and then back just recently. The flights both ways were on the Airbus 319 judging from the fact that the "Premium Economy" (or what passes for Business class anyway) was still three seats abreast with what looks like virtually no physical difference between the seat widths compared to the actual economy section (although maybe extra legroom? I couldn't really tell). I had been considering using some extra money in my budget for a LUA to business class, but having seen what passes for it I'm glad I saved my dough. The seat widths even in economy are comfortable enough even for a larger person, which is good, but the distance between the seat you're sitting in and the one in front is almost abominably small (so legroom is at a premium), and if the person in front leans their seat back they can almost hit your nose, it feels like. The beverage selection was quite nice, though, and the staff were reasonably quick about getting the drinks served, compared to my past experience where it seems to take forever to go row by row. In general though if I had to wrap it up in one word? "Bland". Not much leg room, no in-flight entertainment except what you bring with you, just a point A to B experience. Rouge is tolerable for "short hop" flights such as up and down the West Coast, but I feel that any flight longer than ~3 hours - I would go out of my way to pick a non-Rouge flight, even to the extent of a United codeshare if necessary.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 July 2014 by P Moller    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Very disappointed with Air Canada when they switched to Rouge for the YVR-SFO service. I travel weekly on this route. Same air fare pricing but we're stuck with smaller seats, having to pay for in-flight entertainment that you can't even watch if you're trying to eat, 'fake' business class seating with an un-used middle seat when one has paid for a 'business class' service shows Air Canada is not looking after their customers. The service was fine but the flight attendants seem green. I hope Air Canada is listening here because they are going to lose my business as soon as I find an alternative better solution. I have been an Air Canada customer for decades but this type of move is making it difficult to continue doing so.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Jennifer Bawden    (Canada)

I flew Lisbon to Toronto on July 1, 2014. I was concerned about what the flight would be like as I had read some bad reviews. However I was pleasantly surprised. Having heard the food was minimal, I brought my own. But there was a wonderful hot lunch, drinks/nibbles a couple of times and then a hot snack later in the flight. Staff seemed to be serving something all the time. Because it was Canada Day they provided an alcoholic drink free of charge to celebrate! The seats were fine, 2/3/2 so was not packed like sardines as some budget flights are. The only thing was lack of in-flight entertainment, and ironically although I prepared for that, all my electronic devices went dead and the chargers were in my checked bags! I had to go "unplugged". I would suggest however, that at least a screen be available to watch the flight tracker map as that is always interesting. I would definitely fly Rouge again, and make sure I bring my chargers (there was a socket available).

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Carolyn Millar    (Canada)

May 31 2014, flight 1162, Vancouver to Toronto. May 31 2014, flight 1914, Toronto to Barcelona. We booked a European cruise with Oceana Cruise line which included air. Everything printed below is true. Rock hard seats, no entertainment, extra charges everywhere, etc. I have informed Oceana Cruises that if they want our business, we must have, in writing, their guarantee that we will never be exposed to Air Canada Rouge again. Secondly, whoever pays for a drink in the middle of the Atlantic? Who are you paying taxes to with that drink Air Canada? In fairness to the staff, they were so busy selling i-pads, foods, drinks etc that they had no time for anything else. We have always flown Air Canada or British Airways to Europe. Now that I know Air Canada is pulling this fast one, that's it for us. It's unfortunate that there are no zeros on the Air Canada Rouge rating chart below. On the bright side, Lufthansa home from Frankfurt was everything you could hope for and more.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Carrie Lombardo    (Canada)

May 28, Toronto to Vegas. The strangest service ever! Out of coffee. June 1, Vegas to Toronto. Return flight. They did not offer service until 2.5 hours into the flight. We had garbage on our trays. I almost wanted to put it on the floor in the middle of the aisle. There's no way any of the staff knew what was going on. At times they were arguing between themselves. I will never fly Rouge again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Sharon Rutherford    (Canada)

If you want to save money and reach your destination, this is a great deal. Bring a book, or your own electronic device, a bit of food and be prepared not to have too much leg room. I had a 5.5 hour flight and thought the flight was manageable. It would not be comfortable for a 9 hour flight, but as long as you know what to expect and come prepared, then you'll appreciate the bargain.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Rindell    (USA)

As a business flyer the new Rouge service from San Diego to Toronto is a real disappointment. I paid over $700 for a very poor experience. The seats are this new aircraft are terrible. They are the same as on a commuter small aircraft, not suitable for a 5+ hr flight. I am 5 ft’8”tall and my knees were hitting the seat in front of me. The business class (first class) seats, are the same as the unpadded economy seats. Clearly there is no incentive to purchase the upgraded fare.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Steven Rechtschaffner    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

It's been very disappointing to see Air Canada replace their Air Canada service on the San Francisco to Vancouver route with their discount airline Rouge. As a business traveler, have used Air Canada to fly this route multiple times per month. However, if they continue to use their discount airliners with no business class I'll have to find another carrier.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Jonathan Reed    (USA)

I booked well in advance an Air Canada flight from Vancouver to Las Vegas for July 5, paying extra for premium economy seats. Sometime before departure I got an e-mail from AC saying that my flight was changed to Rouge and I could have a refund if I wanted. I ignored it and closer to departure went on seat guru to check the specs on my seat assignment. To my annoyance when I got changed to Rouge my premium economy seat disappeared and I saw I had a 29" seat pitch. After spending 20 minutes on the phone I got assigned to row 4, the one economy row behind the first three rows of fake first class seats that has extra seat pitch. (I say fake first class because the first three rows are exactly like Row 4, except that in the first three rows the middle seat is never assigned and in the first three rows newspapers and drinks are served. When my wife and I fly on a plane with 3+3 seating with premium economy seats we always book aisle and window premium economy in the hopes that no one will pay a premium for a middle seat. This trick worked this time. So, my wife and I were pretty comfortable having 3 seats to ourselves with extra legroom. I felt the fellow behind me unavoidably put his knee into my but or lower back a couple or times on the flights, but with 29 inches of seat pitch, you can't really give that person a dirty look. I have to say the FAs were very attentive and friendly. So, while I was appalled that Rouge went to a 29 inch seat pitch for almost all of the plane, my wife and I actually found the flight pretty good. On the downside, the food for purchase, leaves a lot to be desired and the only inflight entertainment is TV shows. Bring a book.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 July 2014 by M Jason    (Canada)

Flown AC for many years for both business and vacations and was diligently collecting AP points. I am not prepared to pay the same amount of money for a downgraded experience. I'm tall and will never book a flight on Rogue as I won't be subjecting myself to countless hours of torture. AC could care less about their customers and the reviews show it. No TV's? Ancient aircraft's? Sub-par flight attendants? Smaller seats? Wake up people! Start booking your flights from now on with a competitor. AC will need to address this mess sooner or later or they will lose what customer base they have left.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 July 2014 by A Robinson    (Canada)

Cashed in on points for a flight to Vegas. It took three flights to get there and four flights to get home. We flew Rouge Calgary to Vegas and Vegas to Montreal. Flight attendants are too young, unprofessional, and immature. We received a drink 1.5 hrs after take off, no snacks, and nothing else on both flights. Attendants do the flight safety check which you could not see because they stood at the front of the plane in business class and didn't move. Also, because they have us so crammed in that you couldn't see anything. Seats were horrible, and by the time I got off, my back was sore and my tail bone ached. No TV. I did have an Ipad, but yes they make you feel like I had received an email or welcome package telling me to download their app before getting on, and I was somehow delinquent. Didn't matter anyway, there was barely any room to watch it and the guy behind me had his knees so far up the seat, because of the cramped seats that I could feel him on my butt. The incline on the seats is horrible. No one sits like that. Fill the plane with those who approved this plane, fly them out for six hours and see how they feel afterwards. Totally hated my experience and couldn't wait to see real flight attendants and Air Canada Express and Jazz planes.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Isenbecker Kurt    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

My wife and I booked business class from Edmonton Alberta to Dublin Ireland last month (May) which was an expensive ticket to say the least. We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary so we decided to splurge. The flight from Edmonton to Toronto was exactly what we expected: good service, lounge access, decent food, etc. Once we arrived in Toronto though things changed dramatically. Since our flight was late we had limited time to reach our connecting gate so we planned to drop into the lounge for a quick juice and a few magazines for the next leg. When we arrived at the lounge I handed over the boarding passes to the woman at the counter and received a very rude response. She curtly told us that since we were traveling on Air Canada Rouge a "discount airline" we did not get access to the Maple Leaf lounge. With that she turned away and attempted to ignore us. My wife addressed her again and said that this could not be the case since we paid a business class rate for the entire trip. Again, this lady brushed us off stating that we had discount tickets. This was just the beginning of our terrible journey. Once on the plane it was obvious that this was an older jet with cramped seating, no televisions, no leg room, etc. I overheard another traveler comment on how this was similar to 1980's business class. In my opinion the 1980's was better than this. We were delayed on takeoff, the staff were disorganized, the food was mediocre and I-pads were handed out for a poor selection of old entertainment. On the return trip we were again refused access to the lounge in Dublin (at least the staff here were apologetic and friendly), the flight was late in taking off and of course the food and service was the same - dismal. Our flight was so behind we were worried about missing our connector in Toronto so we asked the crew if anything was being planned to help with this problem. The staff did not know a thing and were not making any efforts to reassure the many passengers that needed to make connecting flights. I am outraged that Air Canada charged us a business class fare for a discount flight. Is this their new business plan? To overcharge for terrible service? My recommendation: do not fly Air Canada Rouge for any reason. I do not care how they dress this up, it is a discount airline and a low end discount airline to boot. I have had good trips on Air Canada in the past but that is the key word here - "past". Being a Canadian citizen you want to support your own airline but with poor service such as this and the feeling as though you have been swindled, I believe it is time to use other airlines.

1 2 3