Air Canada rouge Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Air Canada rouge
1.0 Star Rating: Very poor

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 April 2014 by K Hannah    (Canada)

I took an Air Canada Rouge recently from San Diego to Toronto on an A319 and it was the most uncomfortable flight I have taken in years. The seats themselves are not comfortable. I am 6'3" and I physically could not place my knees in front of me and spent the flight trying to avoid being kneecapped by the attendant's carts. The woman in the seat behind my wife had her knees embedded into the back of my wife's seat and she was a lot shorter than 6'. There is no entertainment system other than the wifi - not even audio. I had a Blackberry Playbook with me and my wife had a Google Nexus but neither one could log into the "Air Canada App". No wonder Blackberry is in trouble when the national carrier couldn't be bothered to make their app compatible. I will do what I have to to avoid future flights on Rouge. I booked on Air Canada and was not aware that they placed me on a Rouge flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Dionne Dany    (Canada)

AC Rouge to Las Vegas. Horrible experience: no leg room, no entertainment system except if using own entertainment device (mobile, tablet or laptop). However, the seats are lacking any power outlet and have no USB ports, preventing charging. There is no way to make a laptop last the whole flight. Moreover, mobile and laptop requires to have previously installed the Air Canada Rouge app, which of course was not installed on my own devices.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 April 2014 by C Devai    (Canada)

AC Rouge 0818 to Puerto Vallarta Mexico, and back with 0819, both flights simply horrible. No leg room, bare bones, no frills, nothing. Very unsympathetic staff. Overall a very uncomfortable flight. I booked one year ago and it was an AC flight and was downgraded to Rouge. As a senior with artificial limbs I was extremely restricted, soft seats, no pillows or any options unless one paid an additional prohibitive sum of close to $1000 for a "Premier Rouge" seat. Although I am an Aerogold member, I will no longer by loyal to Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 April 2014 by R Anthony    (Canada)

First and last time flying Air Canada Rouge. YYZ to MCO with 3 kids and no movies. Did not want to fork over another $30 for something that is available with other carriers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Hilary Borner    (Canada)

Just flew YYZ to SJO - my first flight with rouge. Seats are horrible, no leg room, very uncomfortable flight. Inexperienced staff did not help. Didn't have an ipad to watch the entertainment but they announced that they were having problems with it and were working on it. This was almost a 5 hour flight - seats are way too uncomfortable. Possible fuel leak delayed us out - sat on the plane for nearly an hour before we left. Wouldn't you think they would check for a fuel leak before loading us all on?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Lisa Power    (Canada)

My family and I flew to Orlando from Toronto (AC 1862) on April 13. These flights are no cheaper than the regular Air Canada flights to Orlando (we usually go there twice a year) and to put up with the no leg room (I am a small female (5'4 and 120 pds), no service and a terrible entertainment system, I would need these flights to cost $100 a ticket to put up with such a horrible flight. My husband (who is a super elite member) said that he will never take an Air Canada Rouge flight again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Jan Glaser    (USA)

Premium Rouge

Horrible. Paid for business class from Toronto to Las Vegas on April 13, 2014 - no leg room / awful food / no wi-fi.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 April 2014 by DeGrandis Barry    (Canada)

Flew non stop Rouge Flt. 1880, Jan 16, Toronto-Sarasota and return on Rouge Flt 1881 Apr. 5. Both flights were conducted in an efficient and professional manner. The new Rouge outfits worn by the youthful and polite flight attendants were jaunty and fun. Cafe service was good. The Economy seats were comfortable. The pitch at 29" is close but not something to obsess about. Hey, the Rouge seat is wider at 18" than an Air Transat Economy seat at 16.5" I did not rent or bring an iPad on board so I cannot comment on the wi-fi entertainment offerings. The seasonal (winter) non stop Rouge service to Sarasota from Toronto is welcome and time saving as the rest of the year I have to make connections through Atlanta on Delta airlines or Charlotte on US Airways. Service on these airlines is also good but no better than Rouge. Rouge is a good airline & I wish it great success.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Allan Fernandes    (Canada)

Flew 1851/1852 three times from Toronto to Vegas in March/April 2014. I thought Rouge was supposed to be a discount carrier but all 3 flights were over 1000 bucks. The seating is absolutely horrible - the worst I have seen in years and I have been a super elite traveler for the past 3 years. Wifi entertainment is extremely buggy on my iPad. Half the shows stop playing part way through and you can't even select individual songs from an album when listening to music - It always defaults to the first song in that album. The worst part about this whole experience is that not one time over the last 3 trips was the plane on schedule. The 2nd trip coming back to Toronto on the redeye flight was eventually cancelled at 3am, keeping everyone waiting around the airport when it was known that the plane's broken windshield would not have been fixed that night. The next day was a nightmare, the noon flight was delayed by 4hrs and they just couldn't manage the people waiting around very well. Put them on the next United flight out! But of course that means taking responsibility and taking care of the passengers, something that Rouge and Air Canada seem incapable of doing lately. I have to say that the staff were friendly. I have been a loyal and frequent traveler with Air Canada for the past 9 years and I have to say that this is it for me. WestJet is in order of magnitudes better than Air Canada for their domestic coverage including US, and I'm just hoping that they will bury this Rouge airline quick.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Andrew Frowd    (Canada)

I travelled YYZ-SAN on April 1. The restrictive seat pitch on Air Canada Rouge A-319 is intolerable for a flight exceeding 5.5 hours. The operation of the flight was problematic. No reason or apology was offered for our 25-minute late arrival in San Diego. If it was due to adverse weather en route, this must have been known to the flight crew prior to our departure from YYZ and appropriate measures taken. The flight was fully boarded and doors closed 10 minutes before scheduled departure time (6.05pm). Nonetheless, the aircraft was held at the gate until 6.05pm and then started a lengthy taxi to the runway, where it was delayed again to await two general aviation arrivals. For sheer professionalism, I will travel by United next time.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 April 2014 by J Loesser    (Canada)

I flew 1851 YYZ-LAS and 1852 LAS-YYZ recently and will never do it again! Old, run down planes, inexperienced flight attendants, garbage in-flight entertainment system, cramped seats and absolutely no legroom and I am of average height and weight. I fly this route fairly regularly and won't be flying Rouge again. It will be WestJet from now on or connections with United. Air Canada - putting Rouge on this route (as well as many others) was a very poor decision on your part and one that I hope you will re-visit. Until you do, you've lost me as a customer.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 April 2014 by Brian Whitson    (Canada)

Flew to Las Vegas over past weekend. Whole experience was beyond bad. Worst seating I have ever experienced. iPad did not work on inbound or outbound flights. Both flights gate attendants said at least 25 people had to check carry on bags, did Air Canada not think or care that by cramming all those extra seats in the plane this might be an issue, part of this issue of course is that that a checked for my wife and I adds another 100 dollars to the flight. I will never fly with them again, will pay more for better airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Peter J Horea    (Canada)

March 29 - April 2 2014, Toronto to Las Vegas, it was one of the worst experience that I have had flying, the leg room is terrible, no entertainment, and no adjustable air flow, it gets very warm inside the plane, also the staff were not very friendly, I am glad that I didn't upgrade to business class, because that was not much better. I fly to Las Vegas and Los Angeles on business several times a year, and would hope that Air Canada would at least give me a choice to fly Rouge or Air Canada. I will be looking to fly with another carrier, this is taking Air Canada back 30 years. I have been a super elite member for several years and try to fly Air Canada as often as possible. I hope this venture for Air Canada will eventually fail.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Horea    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I flew business class on Air Canada Rouge on 2nd April back from Las Vegas and this was my first time flying with Rouge. I am baffled that Air Canada has their name associated with Rouge. Not impressed at all. No TVs and the ipads that were provided worked for about 15 minutes until they had technical difficulties. The seats are not as comfortable as a regular Air Canada flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 April 2014 by N Tebeka    (Canada)

Flight 1873, Montreal-Orlando. March 28th departure, April 4th return. Not worthy of Air Canada! Huge disappointment!Seats were extremely tight and I'm 5"3. My partner is 6"2 and were miserable. Air Canada Rouge is extremely cheap! No entertainment, food, claustrophobic!Choose other airline!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Tim Hepworth    (Canada)

Montreal to Vegas on direct flight on A319. Simply put, the legroom is beyond bad, I am of average height, when the person in front of me put back their seat, it was hitting against my knees. To have to endure this for a 5.5 hour flight is a terrible experience. Flying back from Vegas on a 767 through Toronto and switched to an A320 which was not a rouge plane, almost felt I was in 1st class. As far as the 767 plane, no climate control, constant draught. Overall a terrible experience. Out of curiosity, found it was cheaper by about $200 to use another airline. Never will I fly on Rouge again, unless they resolve the seating issue.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 April 2014 by V Lambros    (USA)

Premium Rouge

AC1852, 3 April, AC1851, 6 April. Just got off the second leg of Vegas - Toronto and back. The seats were small with no legroom there was no closet and nowhere in business class for a business sized carry on. Very frustrating.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 April 2014 by D Sheerin    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flew AC rouge to CUN from Toronto in the J cabin. The service was acceptable, the food was the same as mainline, however the comfort in the redesigned A319 left a lot to be desired. Seats were very uncomfortable, seat pitch in business class was significantly less than on mainline. The IFE was beyond terrible.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Tick Elizabeth    (Canada)

AC 1880 and 1881 return from Toronto to Sarasota this past winter. We had the bad luck of being on a Rouge flight. I have one word to describe the experience. Awful. This old refurbished equipment which seems to have a lot of mechanical problems. The seats are extremely uncomfortable. There is minimal leg room, even if you pay extra for the seats with supposed extra space. AC advertises this Rouge flight as a more economical flight. The only thing economical about it is the interior. We paid exactly the same as we have paid in all the other years we have gone to Sarasota. Business Class is a total joke. On our trip back to Toronto, we only found out that the flight was delayed when we got to the airport. Flight Tracker gave no indication of this delay, neither did the AC website. It would have been nice to have been notified of this delay by phone, email, or text, thus saving us having to spend an excruciating amount of time at the Sarasota airport. Having tracked the arrival and departure times of these flights over the past several weeks of this winter, it seems that the norm has been at least a 1 hour delay. The weather was not always a factor. AC has to improve this. We have choices as to how we get to Sarasota. It is for certain that we will not ever fly on a Rouge flight again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 April 2014 by K Chen    (Canada)

Booked a flight from LAS-YYZ on Air Canada's website, and was forced to take AC"s new low cost carrier, Rouge. The plane was an extremely old 767, and besides the refurbished carpet and seats, everything inside was old and run- down. The overhead compartment are probably from the 1990s, as I forgot the last time I saw limited luggage space like that. The seats were cramped and uncomfortable, with no entertainment whatsoever (there is the option to rent an iPad, for a fee). The flight was a red-eye of around 5hrs, but half the time the cabin lights were on as the crew came around trying to sell food. This was very disruptive to rest, and added to the general discomfort of the flight experience. The crew were young and "hip" looking, and I must say they were friendly. However they seemed inexperienced and newly hired. There was a passenger who lay on her seat and stretched her legs into the aisle throughout the flight. This was during take off and landing, and none of the crew said anything about having the arm rest down or the fact that her legs were obstructing the aisle. I am sure this violates various national and international safety regulations, and the crew did not seem to mind. Probably one of the worst flying experiences I have had, and I would definitely not recommend flying with Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 April 2014 by V Manuel    (Canada)

Toronto to Las Vegas, Flight 1851, March 27. Air Canada Rouge is simply horrible. The seats are so tight with no legroom. No inflight entertainment and FA's are not friendly at all. I didn't feel welcome or appreciated. The plane was dirty as it was not properly cleaned from the previous flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 April 2014 by J Lister    (Canada)

Air Canada Rogue is one of the worst if not the worst airline I have flown. I fly at least once a month. I booked my flights with Air Canada but the flights were changed to Rogue without notification. The seats are too small and very uncomfortable. My husband is 6'2" and he was uncomfortable the whole flight. My elderly mother was almost in tears due to the lack of leg room. There is no entertainment systems. The last flight had only some breakfast items on an evening flight. All passengers were complaining about the lack of leg room. It is torture if the person ahead puts their seat back. I have always been a loyal Air Canada customer but I will be booking WestJet were possible. The flights were so bad I would rather have to change planes than endure another Rogue direct flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 April 2014 by P Schreck    (Canada)

March 7 and 23, YYZ to SJO return, AC1806/1806. I will never use Air Canada Rouge again. The 29-inch seat pitch is the lowest in North America with the exception of Spirit Airlines. This was the most uncomfortable flight I have taken. The barely edible food cost extra and most selections were sold out by the time the attendants reached my row. The in-flight entertainment system (which can only be played over one's own tablet or device) consistently malfunctioned. The plane was generally dirty and contained significant garbage left on earlier flights. A horrible experience.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 April 2014 by R Charass    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

As a 4 times a year traveller to the Caribbean it is clear that ACR want to take every single penny of us, the all inclusive prices are the same of AC. A flight is a flight, the flight attendants are rude and impolite. I bought a sandwich that perhaps was a left over from another flight because the expired date was for the same day.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Linda Mason    (Canada)

When I booked ticket (3 in total) to travel the end of June 2014 from Canada to Barcelona, Spain I booked with Air Canada and wanted AC to be my carrier. However I know find out we will be travelling with Air Canada Rouge, the company's low cost carrier. I also have found out there will be NO entertainment unless you go out and buy an Ipad and the seats are going to be smaller and tighter together. There are other cuts and this is totally unfair to me as an Air Canada customer. I did not get any rebate for flying with this low cost carrier - absolutely nothing. It is just tough luck for us. I like travelling with Air Canada with their experienced crews and the special benefits that go along with the overseas flights. I am not happy about this - I feel like we have been Rouged by Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 March 2014 by V Nicholls    (Canada)

We flew from Toronto to Cancun the last week of January and dreaded the return the next week. We booked Air Canada because the flight times were good, we collect Aeroplan and fly AC from Toronto to Calgary at least once a year. We did not know anything about Rouge and not until almost the time for our flight did we know AC had another section for hot spots. We were not concerned because we have always been happy with our service. We did not know there was no in-flight entertainment until we were on the plane. We do not use Apple products but have an Android tablet, no good to us on the flight. The seats are squishy and uncomfortable. The only saving grace coming home was I had booked late flights, so we just slept, no other choice. When we got to our destination, I went on the web to learn about Rouge. It is not easy to find anything. Next time we will go to the States and choose an American carrier. Never again Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Marit Wise    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flew Rouge "business class" from Toronto to Las Vegas and return a week ago. I had booked business class originally from Ottawa to Vancouver to Las Vegas but Air Canada cancelled that as the connection was too tight and instead routed me through Toronto. They promised me that business class would be exactly the same on Rouge but it is not! The seats are smaller, there was no TV screen in backs of seats - they gave me a tablet to watch but the content was poor. Service was not good at all. And on top of all this, the price was the same! Very disappointing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 March 2014 by James Bird    (Canada)

I flew with Air Canada Rouge in January on business from Toronto to Sarasota, and was seated in the standard cabin. Although the flight itself was pleasant enough the seats were very close together and cramped. If given the choice, I would not choose to fly with them again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 March 2014 by A Scott    (Canada)

Flew Toronto-Puerto Vallarta-Toronto. Early both down and return! Great staff, skewed younger and nice change from the stuffy regulars usually on AC! Service was great - purchased a wrap that was tasty! Entertainment - downloaded AC app and no problems both on my iPad and iPhone. Pitfall was not AC but the other passengers - one carry on means one, not one, plus a purse, plus a backpack, plus just "two little bags of shopping". Yes, perhaps that is why you had no leg room, your 5 carry on bags! There always has to be "that one" passenger and they always seem to sit near me! The seats are tight, get over it you are on vacation - want a first class wide seat pay for one on a more expensive airline! Excellent service Rouge and can't wait to fly again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 March 2014 by J Kalbun    (Canada)

We flew from San Jose, Costa Rica to Toronto, Canada on Air Canada Rouge. A lot of unusual activity at boarding with seat mix-ups, people on the plane with boarding passes with no assigned seats and lots of passport checks. The flight was totally sold and left 1/2 hour late. Five hours into the flight and a half hour before landing we are told that 50 bags could not be loaded onto the plane because of jet fuel concerns due to high winds at San Jose, late departure, full capacity. We deplane, clear immigration and hope that our bags have made it on the plane. We learn that there are no bags on the plane at all! No one at the airport claim desk or customs seems to think that this is anything unusual. They promise that we will have our bags in 24 hours, but given all of the misinformation we have received at this point, I am not holding my breath. No wonder they have dubbed this airline Air Canada Rogue. No leg room, smaller seats, no entertainment, no hot beverages due to potential turbulence, total incompetence from check-in to airport exit.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 March 2014 by M Knight    (Jamaica)

21-24 March, 10.20 departure, arrived in Jamaica 1.20.Depart from Jamaica 2.40, arrives in Canada at 7.30. AC1805. The last time I flew Air Canada was 2007, so I decided to give them another chance. The plane was dirty, no snacks, on a 4 hour flight. The staff going down to my destination were neat and put together, however the person doing the announcements, needed some training. Entertainment both ways was horrible, I could not even access it on my iPad. Comparing Rouge with WestJet, and Air Transat they are so behind in time and entertainment. I am going away in June, and there is a possibility that Air Canada Rouge will not be my first choice.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Crossley    (Canada)

Flew Air Canada Rouge to/from Costa Rica. Had never heard of Rouge and was not told that this would be the carrier even when I called to book seats and meals. There are no meals, unless you buy the overpriced cold items available - very limited choice, as would be expected on a flight. Had we known, we would have brought our own food as we did on the return flight. Entertainment available by Air Canada app that must be downloaded before flight. A few tablets are available for rent - and they go fast. Seats are not comfortable - spent a week with back pain after 5 hours in one. There is also barely enough room to get into your seat. I'm not a large person but it was a challenged getting in and out of seat. Have flown Air Canada before and was happy with it. Not happy with Rouge and, as you don't know if they will be the carrier when you book through Air Canada, this will prevent me from ever booking a vacation, or flight, with them again. Cabin staff were friendly but not really helpful - there didn't seem to be anything they could do to help.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Wayne Denman    (Canada)

Flew Air Canada rouge Toronto to Grenada return, March 3 and 10, 2014. Will never fly it again. A disgrace for a any airline let alone what they term a discount airline. Will travel to US or make connections on other airlines before I fly them again. After a week of sun and relaxing to have to endure seats with no leg room and no entertainment or even a 25 cent bag of peanuts who needs this. Get Real Air Canada rouge. You say all is well but people will only fly once and say goodbye forget your return flyers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Jacob Mintz    (Canada)

Traveled from YYZ-MCO MCO-YYZ, both flights were on time. The flight attendants are nice and helpful but a little disorganized. The plane was en airbus A319 and was modern and clean both ways. Seat are not very comfy plus there no legroom and you are squished in the seats. The service on the plane and at the airport are good. Movie system has new shows but old eps. Overall both flights were good. There is a good selection of food and drinks.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  24 March 2014 by R Fromm    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

LAS to YYZ, March 2014. I am a loyal Air Canada flyer and mostly travel Executive Class. I am extremely disappointed with Rouge and how Air Canada is forcing its clients to use Rouge and has stopped regular Air Canada flights to my usual destinations. The planes are all very old and rickety and the attendants very inexperienced although all friendly. It would be different if the fares dropped in half but they are exactly the same which is ridiculous. I am looking for alternatives as I will not be forced to receive second class service for the same high prices, the entertainment system is poor and they show movies on an old tube screen but do not provide the ancient headphone adapters so what's the point.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 March 2014 by N Anthony    (Canada)

Just came back from a trip to Orlando from Toronto. Purchased my tickets on Air Canada only to find out a few weeks before that I got "Rouged". I am an Air Canada Altitude Elite 50K member and fly on mainline AC quite frequently. When I bought my ticket in April 2013 I expected to fly on the airline I originally booked with but that was not the case. They switched my flight without warning. Getting on the plane the first thing you notice is how they squeezed all the seats together to give you no leg room. Unless you are a young child, your knees will be plastered against the seat back in front of you. Good luck with the inflight non-entertainment system - you will need to remember to charge your device completely because there are no outlets. Also the movies were all second rate. Best of luck trying to get any work done, the cramped room does not allow a regular sized laptop to be placed on the tray table without being squeezed between your abdomen and the seat in front.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 March 2014 by L Villeneuve    (Canada)

They kept us on an airplane for 2 hours initially, hardly any circulation, trying to fix a problem with the navigation system. Then they left us on the plane for 2 hours while they tried to fix it, giving us false hope every 30 minutes or so. They offered some of us a tiny bag of almonds but we had to share with the person beside us because they didn't have enough for everyone. Finally, they got us off the plane 2 hours later. Gave us $10 to buy lunch. Flight was supposed to leave at 10.30am, at 1.30pm or so we get an announcement saying flight will be leaving at 3pm. Then another delay to 4pm. Meanwhile, the weather outside is getting worse and worse. So now we board at 4pm. They had us sit on the airplane for another 3 hours before we actually took off. 200+ people missed a whole day of vacation time. Updates were very infrequent. To top it all off, the flight crew were miserable. They were finally walking by to offer us some food but a) they ran out of everything, and b) they walked right by our row without asking. When I waved my hand the attendant got annoyed with me. It was the last time I fly with Air Canada. The free food was a sandwich. The drinks - they gave you pop, juice or water and you couldn't have an actual can. Inflight entertainment - forget it. They didn't play a movie on the way to Montego Bay. You had to have the app downloaded on your phone. If you didn't have the app, you got nothing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Christine Cord    (Canada)

Feb 27 2014. When we original booked this flight from Toronto to Orlando return it was with Air Canada. When Air Canada up and decided to change the flights to Rouge there was no compensation for cost given as a refund or credit as Rouge is supposedly a cheaper flight. This fact was confirmed by speaking with other passengers on the flight who booked the flight through Air Canada Rouge. Not only did they not compensate us for the change, they automatically changed our seating - splitting my husband and myself approximately 8 rows apart. I would also confirm that I had to prepay for seat selection. When I went to check in online the flight was sold out and I could not get my seat that I had paid for back. The new seats are horrible. I am only 5 feet and I couldn't get comfortable with the decreased leg room. I don't know how they expect people to sit in these seats for a 5 plus hour flight. They have taken out the TVs in the seats. They boast themselves as having a huge selection of movies etc. with their new app that has to be downloaded. Their huge selection is worse and older than Netflix. It really is a joke. If you want anything that is enjoyable make sure you download your own movies/shows before flying. Next time look at WestJet before booking Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Stuart Braund    (Canada)

I am relatively tall and have just experienced the most uncomfortable flight in my (substantial) list of flights (over 50 years). In the interest of (literally) squeezing the last buck out of their aircraft's potential, they have shortened (even further) the distance between seats, making it impossible for me to withdraw my legs to sitting properly behind the seat ahead! Totally ridiculous, whoever came up with this "brilliant" move, must have been a height challenged individual.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Paulin Tellett    (Canada)

On March 2 2014 we flew back from Puerto Vallarta on Air Canada Rouge (flight A/C 1819). Was it a good experience? No. It was an awful experience. Rouge makes us see red. The seats in the plane were so crammed up that we felt that we were in a can of sardines, One of us is 1 m 90 tall Consequently, his knees were stuck in the seat in front of him with no way of stretching his legs. Many passengers with mobility issues had a hard time getting out of their seat (e.g: to go to the washroom). Rouge is a poor service and shame on Air Canada for offering it. It shows disrespect to the clientele. We’d rather pay more money to get a better service and have more space. We expect a better service.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 March 2014 by P Smith    (Canada)

YYZ-MCO-YYZ. Family of 5 travelling in economy. On time departures both ways. Flight crew was very friendly and attentive (also much younger than the average AC flight crew which isn't necessarily a bad thing). Aircraft was an A319 in rouge livery. Pretty basic but clean and nice. The only catch is the IFE is Wifi-based so you have to have an IPhone or IPad with the AC app or you need to rent one in flight for $10. Fortunately they told us this before we departed so we were able to download the app.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 March 2014 by E Chayer    (Canada)

LAS-YUL on March 14. First impression is that legroom is very tight as compared to regular AC flight on a similar airplane, so much that my legs hurt at the end of the 5hr trip (and I'm no big guy). Catering goes, as always, from front to rear, and food is for purchase. If your seat is at the back of the plane, good luck getting proper food, you'll have to make do with chips and chocolate bars. I did not use the wi-fi flight entertainment system, but others tried and were not able to get the feature working properly. Staff friendly but issues are not related to them. It just feels as if Air Canada has decided to cheap out as much as they can while still charging a premium.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 March 2014 by J Martin    (Canada)

I took AC Rouge for a flight back from Las Vegas. Flight attendants were very young and inexperienced. Very poor service onboard, one beverage service for a 5 hours flight (FA's having fun in the back of the plane for the rest of the time). No announcement from the captain. Very few iPads available. I'm a frequent traveller with AC, I will avoid Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 March 2014 by E Couture-Doherty    (Canada)

After reviewing the webpage for Rouge, I charged up my laptop, and tablets to make use of the entertainment system on board that streams content to your device. For the flight to the destination, the onboard system malfunctioned, flight attendants were unable to make it work for any passengers. For the flight back home, it was working, however after trying to stream the content for 30 minutes, on each of my devices, I asked the flight attendants why it was not working, and they replied that the service is for Apple customers only. Air Canada Rouge should specify that only Apple products will work with their systems. Seat pitch was uncomfortable in the A319. On the way to my destination, attendants came only once with food and beverage service for a 4.5 hour flight. Also, I was under the impression that Air Canada had to hire bilingual staff members, where the only French that the flight attendants were able to speak was when they were reading the safety demonstration card, and the landing card. They were not even able to provide accurate translations of the Captains announcements. Not impressed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 March 2014 by Brent Tarini    (Canada)

AC 126, Edmonton to Toronto, Mar 1. AC 1874, Toronto to Orlando, Mar 1. AC 1875, Orlando to Toronto, Mar 14. AC 175, Toronto to Edmonton, Mar 14, 2014. Air Canada Rouge is definitely not up to Air Canada standards! I fly AC on a weekly basis and took a trip down south with my family on AC rouge. It is not the AC that I am used to that is for sure. Bad seats, no leg room and multiple delays on both legs 9 the trip. I am loyal AC customer but won't fly rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 March 2014 by D Gresko    (Canada)

Toronto to Montego Bay return. Cabin outdated and in need of serious attention. Inflight "entertainment" is wildly outdated. Good point: I travelled in business class, and food was pretty good. Service a bit slow, but at least we got fed. Overall, average and definitely not worth the cost.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Bertrand Marc    (Canada)

Second experience with Air Canada Rouge. AC 1871, MCO to YUL, Feb 28 seat 3A, on an Airbus A319. There was no premium class on this flight, so all seats are available in the first 3 rows and no other perk than an extra 6 inches of leg room. Cannot use E-Upgrades certificate to get these seats, only available for a fee of $30, unless you are lucky and these are the only seat available when you board. Plane was full. Take-off was aborted in the middle of the runway for a faulty alarm apparently, we had to go back to gate. After several passengers asked for it, one FA passed the water. FA had plastic smiles (not as genuine as my first flight), and seemed very tired. We landed about 90 min late from schedule. I find slim line seats to be uncomfortable after 30 minutes, so this delay was not welcome. In addition, I wanted to do some work on my computer, but as the person in front of me decided to recline his seat, I had no room to open the laptop and work on it. Level of service and comfort comparable to Allegiant who offers the flight to BTV for $111. Not at all comparable to AC Main Line service and comfort, but price is the same. IMO, comparable to lower class airline service like Ryan Air, Allegiance, Jet Blue, at a premium.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 February 2014 by R Dunigan    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

My first AC Rouge flight, YYZ-LAS on a 767 in Premium Rouge. With all the griping previously posted here, I was curious and apprehensive. Aside from the change in IFE (streaming vs VOD), the flight was very similar to AC mainline North American service. FA's pleasant and attentive, breakfast nice, on time arrival and departure. No complaints at all, though I imagine those on the narrowbody service will be surprised by the seating configuration in Premium.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Roozen Len    (Canada)

YYZ-VRA, Feb 6, AC Rouge 1752. VRA-YYZ, Feb 13, AC Rouge 1753. This is Air Canada's new flag carrier. Stay away unless you like the smallest leg room in the air. If the seat ahead of you is reclined even slightly, no room on the tray for even a coke can! Staff are annoyingly friendly with silly banter and phoney smiles. Absolutely no in- flight entertainment unless you bring a device and pre-install proprietary software. On the upside, 100lb baggage allowance is highest around.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Gareth Parry    (Canada)

Despite all the previous comments on this website about how poor Rouge is, I have just come back from a trip to Las Vegas from Toronto and found the airline to be more than adequate. The aircraft itself was in good shape, the seating was 2-3-2 in economy. I sat in an exit seat on the way out and in a bulkhead seat on the way back and had lots of legroom and the seats themselves were not too narrow, even for me as a 6'2" guy. The staff were very competent and helpful and the service was good throughout. Their uniforms are a bit silly, but there you go. The on-board food selection was OK, absolutely not any worse than any other airline, believe me. The on-board entertainment, although a bit different (had to have an app on a laptop or ipad), was perfectly good, although slightly limited. I did not pay to access this. Overall, on this route and with this aircraft, all was good and no issues whatsoever.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  26 February 2014 by R Downing    (Canada)

First AC Rouge flight, YYZ-SJO, December 2013. Flight was on time, and no problems with the service. Wifi based entertainment system didn't work. Generally this is a big step down from regular service, and why can't I now book business to SJO or BCN?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Deborah Roworth    (Canada)

Terrible. I flew from Sudbury to Toronto to get this flight and the little Dash 8 from Sudbury had more legroom. The lady in front reclined so I watched her hair for 3 hours. Could not see my smartphone even if I had been stupid enough to pay for inflight entertainment on a 4 inch screen.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Bertrand Marc    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

AC1870 on Feb 17, seat 1A. I bought a flight pass for regular flights from Montreal to Orlando. Usually excellent service on Air Canada. They switched to Rouge last Monday. It is like buying a first class train ticket and being switched to a school bus. "Premium" class seats are economy, poorly padded, no working space. Entertainment system is an I - Pad (free in Premium - $10 in economy ) which works erratically at best. Staff doing their best with the tools they are given, wearing a uniform that seems to have bought on sale at Giant Tiger.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 February 2014 by A Winarski    (Canada)

AC 1881, Feb 12 2014, Sarasota to Toronto. Delayed 4.5 to 5 hours as of now. No considerations to passengers. JetBlue also delayed but they brought in pizza and drinks for their passengers. Many considerations to those that smoke to leave the secure area but no food. All the kiosks have been closed at this airport by 6 pm!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 February 2014 by T Edmiston    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Just returned from Huatulco Mexico. Booked our trip back in August with Air Canada. At the time had a choice of 3 airlines and even though Air Canada cost more money, booked with them anyway as in the past were very happy with service, flight, and experience. Found out 2 weeks prior to our trip that we'd be flying Air Canada Rouge instead. Not at all a similar experience. Flight attendants were inexperienced and one was very rude. Airplane was freezing when we boarded in Toronto. Overall a horrible experience both ways. Won't book Air Canada again as there is no guarantee we'd be flying with them instead of Air Canada Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Malcolm Slater    (Canada)

YYZ to MCO and return in January. This was my first experience with Rouge (I had booked the flight before it was Rouged) and it was a major disappointment after flying regularly with AC for the last 30 years. The seats were not comfortable and the pitch is inadequate. The inflight entertainment is a joke, nobody in their right mind should rent an ipad or pay for the entertainment offered through their wifi service. The FAs did the minimum required. Coming back to the non-entertainment system as there are no power points you are unable to charge any mobile devices, not sure if any batteries can last 7 or 8 hours for the Rouge flights to Europe! AC needs to re-think the customer experience for Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 February 2014 by R Bendor    (Nova Scotia)

YHZ-YYZ AC619. YYZ-MCO AC1868. Air Canada Rouge: A discount airline which happily accepts full business class fares for tiny seats and no significant added value. I will never fly this airline again in business class. Cancelled my return fight and chose to fly another airline. Simple solution don't sell business class seats. Shame on Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Jay Mortson    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto Canada to Samana Dom Rep with Rouge airline (a branch of Air Canada) and the flight was great. The plane was an Airbus 319, it was modern and clean. Lots of leg room and the seats were comfortable. We had not flown with Air Canada in over 5 years and we had noticed a difference. If the chance comes up in the future to fly with them (its all about the price) we will.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Peter Henry    (Canada)

December 27, YYZ-MCO. January 4, MCO-YYZ. January 26, MCO-YYZ. Do not fly Rouge, seats are crammed, staff are not knowledgeable, planes are always delayed. After you book a seat and pay for preferred seating they will send out an aircraft change notice without notifying you and you will be moved to a different seat and separated from who you are flying with.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 January 2014 by J O'Neill    (Canada)

Toronto to Las Vegas. Poor overall. Cramped seats - feel sorry for those on the aisle that have to contend with a steel box on the floor. No screens on the seat backs - so no movies unless you have an ipad - and mine didn't work with it. No big loss since the movies are all antiques anyway! No power for your computer. All this at a time where it appears that Air Transat is putting in screens.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 January 2014 by J Huitter    (Canada)

Departure Toronto to LV, Jan 19 on AC 1851. Return LV to Toronto, Jan 24 on AC 1852. Over the past 10 years Air Canada has turned me into a loyal customer. They achieved this through quality aircraft, crews who are customer focused and many little things such as comfortable seats, the best inflight entertainment and an overall enjoyable travel experience. However, I believe their attempt to compete head to head with low cost carriers and take market share from them will backfire. My Rouge flight to Las Vegas was cramped, uncomfortable, had no seat back entertainment system and the in-flight crew was undoubtedly frustrated by all the complaints and remarks that they were to the point of being rude. Through a 4.5 hour flight, I didn't receive a visit from a flight attendant and wasn't even offered a glass of water. The worst part of the experience was the fact that I wasn't even aware this was a Rouge flight until I received an e-mail about their in-flight entertainment system. Up until the Rouge idea, Air Canada had done a remarkable job of building a first class airline. I will never fly Rouge again and will even think twice about flying Air Canada in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 January 2014 by P Donnie    (Canada)

YYZ-LAS-YYZ. Never again! Five hours squished in an inhumanely tiny space with our knees pressed to the seat opposite us. The flight was no better than a cattle bus. The crew dressed up in ghastly uniforms and silly hats with seemingly no idea of what they were doing let alone what they were telling the passengers during the announcements. No food unless you buy the poor quality food they sell on board and no in seat entertainment system. My wife insisted we spend the extra money and return by Westjet which we would of done had they not been sold out. We will never fly Air Canada Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J McLean    (Canada)

Air Canada is mediocre as it always has been but Air Canada Rouge is an absolute travesty. Usually when service and comfort drop, the prices would too. Zero leg room for anyone taller than about 5'8" and completely unhelpful customer service agents made my recent flight from Toronto to Orlando a nightmare. Fly pretty much any other airline if you have the opportunity.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 January 2014 by N McFadden    (Canada)

CUN-YYZ: In July I booked a December trip on Air Canada, and several months later we received an email saying the flight had been switched to Rouge, but no refund, so we paid for an Air Canada flight but got a much less comfortable Rouge flight for the same price. The seats on Rouge are very cramped: my husband's knees were hitting the seat in front and my son, who is 6'4", had to sit with his legs spread, knees pointing outward. No screens in the back of the seats, and if you don't have the device and app that connects to their system, you can rent one to watch movies at a cost of $10! As far as staff go, they seem to be trying to make Rouge more like Westjet's casual and friendly style, but failed dismally on our flight. Announcements had a false perkiness to them... it sounded like they were trying to be conversational, but were obviously reading (badly) from a script. The staff member doing the French announcements had an appallingly bad accent. Staff were pleasant enough, but announcements very annoying.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Arlene Kattelus    (Canada)

My husband and I recently took AC Rouge to Cancun, upgrading to premier seating. There was no business class available unless we flew through Montreal. I have been a loyal AC customer for many years - typically reaching Super Elite or Elite Status. All I can say is the flight was very disappointing. The flight attendants were inexperienced - spending far too much time in the galley giggling with one another. The premier seats were minimally better than a regular economy seat. The onboard meal options were horrible - and did not have any hot meals available although listed as a menu option. We are taking one more chance - we booked business class rouge to Cancun in February. I am hoping for the best, and expecting the worst. If no better, we will need to look at other airlines. And get rid of the "hats" - they look ridiculous.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 January 2014 by M Oscars    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

YYZ-LAS. In a word-terrible and to be avoided. I feel taken advantage of that I paid the equivalent of a business class fare for a tawdry uncomfortable and disappointing experience. The plane was an ancient 767-300 and the seat I was given in the called overcrowded Premium Rouge premium cabin, was badly upholstered, narrow and uncomfortably lumpy. I was unable to access any media content with my iPad because of some glitch in the wireless transmission and which was the only way one could access the IFE as on the flight there are no personal TV's. The crew were young and pleasant but embarrassingly unsophisticated and inexperienced as proven even when making scripted announcements and mangling them. Most of the time they were unsure how to make themselves heard on the cabin speaker system and their reading skills were not evident. One thing that was consistent with Air Canada's business class product, is the insipidly awful catering. The breakfast was the same tired taste challenged over-salted omelette and chicken sausage Air Canada has been serving seemingly for the last decade. Sadly Rouge is now the only Air Canada carrier on the Las Vegas route unless one flies United who offer an inferior business class product but often for a lot less money than Air Canada charges even for Premium Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 January 2014 by M Klosin    (USA)

We fly Orlando to Toronto twice a year every year and until this last trip, it was on Air Canada. AC is a decent airline and a relatively comfortable experience. This was our first experience with Rouge and what a huge disappointment! The seats are extremely cramped, both legroom and between seats. It was a full flight. No TVs on the backs of seats but you can connect your mobile device to their limited Wi-Fi "if" you download the AC app. at home. My laptop didn't fit on the cramped tray table (especially with the seat in front reclined), and the music was echoing so I gave up. My android phone couldn't connect. Positives: Plane was clean and the crew had fancy bowler hats. Business class is a joke with the same seats as cattle class except with a doily and a bit more space. I would pay extra to avoid Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 January 2014 by K Peru    (Canada)

Toronto to Punta Cana and back to Toronto. Rouge is the worst airline I have experienced. Absolutely no room and I have short legs. No entertainment system, you must have an apple product in order to get movies, this is so bizarre. The flight attendants were amateurs, all they did was sit in the back of the plane and talk loudly during the whole trip. I will avoid any flights that use Rouge. Honestly the worst flight experience I have ever had.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Lawrence Cohen    (Canada)

We flew Air Canada Rouge Airbus to Samana. It is amazing how many seats can be crammed into an old old airplane. While not tall my knees touched the back of the seat in front of me. No video, you must use your laptop or tablet and you have to pay for the service. No A/C power on the plane. When I asked the staff about this their response was my computer battery should last the 4.5 hours flight. The seats in my opinion were designed to provide the least amount of padding and comfort to allow for the absolute maximum number of seats in an aircraft. I will avoid Rouge flights in future at all costs for any flight over 15 minutes. Not up to Air Canada standard.