Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  14 October 2013 by S Alex    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge - Great cabin crew, terrible seating space. I flew from Toronto, Canada to Varadero, Cuba and back. In both directions the cabin crew were excellent and that is where all good about Rouge stops, because no matter what these great people do, they can not solve issue with lack of space between the seats. Airplane type was A319 and they had 31 raw of seats which basically means no leg room at all. Anyone close or above to 6 feet or 180cm should avoid Rouge flights. Seating pitch on this plane is 29 and this is for flights to Caribbean. After 3.5 hours of flight you will not be able to get out from your seat because of pain in your back and legs. It is so tight between the seats that in my view this is security issue since in case of the emergency people will have extreme difficulties to quickly leave the seat. When it comes to entertainment system, there is something called wifi and that has to be paid 10 $ but it did not work, so I can say is it worth or not, other than this there is no other option. When it comes to food and drinks non alcoholic beverages including coffee and tea are free, how ever quantity is limited to one or if you are lucky two drinks at the best. Food and liqueurs can be purchased but for that you will need credit card as cash is not accepted.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Stewart Walford    (Canada)

YYZ-LHR-YYZ. Both flights arrived on time. Cabin crew friendly. Good in flight entertainment system. Food OK. Check in staff really good. Price better than Air Transat. In short, Air Canada staff seem to have ditched their bad union attitude and, combined with other flights to YEG and FLL, is winning me back.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Neil Orchard    (Canada)

Flew YYC-YEG-YOW then YQB-YYZ-YYC. Outbound trip was awful. Flight was full of kids and very loud. Staff did absolutely nothing on both flights. On decent to Ottawa flight descended very rapidly, flight crew did nothing and there was no explanation for why this happened. Return trip wasn't as bad but still horrible service. Flight was delayed in Toronto for 30 minutes due to crew problems. Plane was a very old A319. Staff were rude and air con didn't work at all. Delayed landing in Calgary by 45 minutes.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 October 2013 by M Randall    (Canada)

October 5 2013, LGA to YYZ. We booked our flights over 3 months ago, my husband, 8 year old daughter and me. When we arrived at LGA to check in 3 hours before our flight, the AC counter representative forced us to check in at the kiosk, even though there was nobody in line at the counter! I usually do the kiosk thing but given we had a lot of luggage, our child has a broken arm in a cast and we were tired, I just wanted to deal with a live person. She refused to check us in at the counter and instead assisted us at the kiosk. She then told us we couldn't have seats together as the plane was full. Not an ideal scenario travelling with an 8 year old child! She said there was nothing she could do. She scolded me for not having checked in online 24 hours prior. I explained to her that was impossible, as we were in the middle of the ocean on a cruise and she said oh well, and shrugged. What fantastic customer service! Only fly AC as a very last resort.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Melissa Chow    (Hong Kong)

I flew Air Canada a couple of times recently to Vancouver. It was a very enjoyable experience. The staff are very efficient at their work. In serving the meals, they are very quick to serve as they have 4 people serving, two for the meals, and two later for the drinks. After the meal is done, we didn't have to wait for long before they came to pick up the trays. I would take Air Canada for long haul flights. Air Canada's service is excellent!

Air Canada Customer review :  10 October 2013 by B Kuhn    (Canada)

We paid regular fare thinking we would be flying from Toronto to Venice on Air Canada but were on Air Canada Rouge. We will never fly with Air Canada Rouge again, the plane was very old, there was no entertainment, we had to buy our wine and the seats were extremely cramped. We were very disappointed as international flights are usually very pleasant, not with Air Canada Rouge.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 October 2013 by R Wiegmann    (Germany)

Flew in Business Class from FRA via YYz to BNA. A/C from FRA was a 777, already before take off the crew advised that the IFE was not working. They tried a couple of times to re-start it and finally 2 hours before arrival it got done. Things like that happen but no apologies or compensation was offered for a 6000 USD flight. Food was average to low and the crew was rushing through the service with no smile. Bottle of white wine was clearly open for a while, the glass was taken away and after my comment about the bad taste no more wine was offered, nice way of solving that problem. Transfer in YYZ was easy and good and shortly after boarding the CRJ for Nashville the plane was grounded for technical issues. Had to run to the other end of the airport to get a spare plane 2 hours later and had to wait in a small waiting room with no water or communication on what was going on. AC needs to realise that there is a choice in air travel and that sometimes a smile can make a big difference.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 October 2013 by J Thompson    (Canada)

I fly to Greece twice a year, and book on a regular flight, going through Frankfurt. But, in August of this year, had the chance to try Air Canada rouge. I paid the same price as a normal flight, and got far less than usual. 1) Plane was old, and cold. 2) There was no air control system above the seat. 3) Staff were less than friendly. 4) Cold food, tea and coffee. 5) Poor entertainment. 6) I had to interrupt a steward using his phone, to ask him to put more toilet paper in the bathrooms. 7) I asked for an extra dinner roll, as the pasta was terrible, I was told they did not know if they had enough to go around, even though the flight was not full, I never got the dinner roll. 8) The plane was not very clean. 9) Although I paid the same price as a regular flight, I still had to pay for wine. I will never fly AC rouge again. My flight home from Athens was a regular flight, and I almost felt guilty with the attention I received. The staff are more mature, and know how to communicate with customers. They go out of their way to be available at all times. Their presence is comforting. I will continue flying AC, but only on regular flights, even if it takes a little longer to get to my destination. By offering AC rouge, you have only embarrassed yourself, but have taken a few steps backwards in customer service.

Air Canada Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Patrick Handrigan    (Canada)

YYZ-YYT. Wonderful service! The cabin crew were extremely helpful when my Air Canada gift card wasn't working. They gave me my meal for free. The flight was great and the cabin crew together spoke 6 different languages. Thanks for another great trip Air Canada!

Air Canada Customer review :  3 October 2013 by David Gallant    (Canada)

We flew Air Canada from Saskatoon to Honolulu via Vancouver. Flight on Air Canada Express from Saskatoon was delayed 1 hour due to supposed thunder storms in the area. Most of the passengers thought it was a faulty red light as there did not appear to be any weather in the area. Flight was very good and we arrived in Vancouver a little late. On both flights the service was excellent. Check in at Saskatoon was very quick and efficient. Flight to Honolulu was one of the best we have ever had. We enjoyed our preferred seating and the Air Canada Lounge in Vancouver.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Pascale Moreau    (Canada)

AC793, Rome-MTL, Sep 15th. For the last 12-24 months, our many experiences with Air Canada have been nothing but disappointing and far from a world class transporter standard. Both my husband and I are frequent flyers ( I personally take an average of 20 flights a year with Air Canada in North America or Overseas). I don't think it is normal that I have to clean the cabin (remove the cookie crumbs, food) off my seat which is filthy, stained, clean the walls covered with spills and put my blanket on the seat to avoid having to change my clothing when I am heading off to a meeting. Those are things I had to do on my flight from Rome (and the same from Geneva, London, Paris) The last flight from Rome. The audio system was not working, my tablet was broken and the overhead light of our entire row inoperative. We had paid for Business tickets and were standby, so I paid an extra for preferred seat so I could have room for my injured knee, the leg room was fine but I can tell you that the experience wherever you sit Economy or Business, it is always the same: prepare a few napkins and sanitizer so I can have a decent place to sit before the flight. Staff had a condescending attitude!

Air Canada Customer review :  2 October 2013 by C Richard    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge: Venice to Toronto,Aug 24th,AC1907. It is the first time I have ever sent back the main meal. The pasta was rock hard and tasted like cardboard. They wanted to charge for the wine. I complained and the steward gave it to me for free. The service was barely there. Very few service rounds to pick up garbage. The seats were uncomfortable. Do not fly with this airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 October 2013 by L Zahn    (Canada)

We flew Rouge from Toronto to Athens on Sept 8/13 and returned on Sept 27/13.There was no on board entertainment, or controls for airflow. I now know this was disclosed on their web site but this was not disclosed at the time I purchased our tickets. The food was awful. The "hot snack" consisted of a dry wrap in a box which was horrible. There was a large box under the seat in front of me (any many other seats). This meant I had very little leg room and for such a long trip it was very uncomfortable. The washrooms were dirty and there weren't enough of them. The cabin crew were trying to be friendly and did their best but I would not choose Rouge again.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 October 2013 by P Walsh    (Canada)

Flew on Embraer 190 from SFO to YVR, and have to say that the FA was absolutely the best I have experienced. Service was top notch. Had no problems with the inflight entertainment system either. If you are going to be flying executive first on EM190, try and book a seat on the left side of the cabin since you will have the half of the aircraft to yourself.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 October 2013 by Mike McElhone    (Canada)

FCO-YYZ, Sep 25th. Instantaneous check-in, quick security, very good food, 20 minute luggage arrival and an incredibly good crew. We have flown over 200 flights in the last 10 years on 14 airlines and this was the best crew ever. The premium seats were a bargain.