Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by N Nelson    (Canada)

First trip on Air Canada Rouge, Cancun - Toronto, October 26. Was interested to see how this new airline looks up close and was surprised at how awful the FA uniforms look in person. The colours are not flattering to any skin or hair colour, the bowler hats are ridiculous, and they just look downright cheap. The skinny hairbands don't help either. The FA's are very young and void of personality, they have no senior co-workers to emulate, and it shows. They look lost. They hardly spoke to the passengers and I heard one passenger comment as we left the aircraft, that was the quietest flight crew they ever experienced. The aircraft is bare bones, the bulkhead doesn't even go up to the ceiling, so you are constantly looking into the galley. The seating is so tight, a 29 inch pitch, it should be illegal in the name of safety. Got off the flight and on to an Air Canada mainline flight to Vancouver. What a difference! The FA's may be older but they look experienced, professional and confident and seem to be enjoying their jobs. I guess it's true, you get what you pay for, and Rouge is paying peanuts to these kids. The airfare was no bargain either, so in future will avoid Rouge at all costs.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by M Gordon    (Canada)

YVR-YYZ and YUL-YVR I had a great couple of flights and AC continue to improve their service. Breakfast in the Lounge was great in Vancouver as was lunch in the lounge in Montreal. The FA were a friendly crew and very attentive. In particular, a woman serving us on our flight back to YVR was great. I appreciated the selection on the IFE and they made the 5 hour flight go by quickly. I fly AC regularly and the staff seem much happier these days. They even switched aircraft from a 320 to a 321 as they has so many passengers heading to Vancouver.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by J Busworth    (Australia)

YVR to SYD, Jan 24 2013, Flight was delayed from 23.45 to 02.45 so forked out $50 for Maple leaf lounge which was utterly disappointing. The flight attendants were the best I've come across on a round the world trip. There was a good selection of inflight movies and airshow map was also good. Food was horrible and worse than some low cost carriers. The seat was comfortable and have good legroom. Would fly again.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by S Luu    (Canada)

Flew Vancouver to Toronto after doing a whirlwind trip which included flights on United, Hawaiian, and New Zealand Airlines as well and found Air Canada to be better than United but nowhere near as good as Hawaiian or New Zealand. Flight attendant was not helpful, she wasn't rude, but she wasn't any where near friendly. She would just stare at you until you said something then stare at the next flyer, not even acknowledge she had heard correctly then started handing out drinks. A simple, "What would you like miss/sir?" is all that is required but that was too much for her. Customer service is important to me and when it lacks, it severely diminishes my views on the product quality of a company.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by J Chang    (Canada)

Flew YVR-HKG return Executive First in September/October. Both flights were really comfortable with flat seats for sleeping. Services were also good on the plane and at check-ins, but the food on the plane was really bad. The airport lounges served better food than on the plane! So feed yourself in the lounges before boarding!

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by M LaPrairie    (Bhutan)

AC002, NRT-YYZ. Dated cabin. Rushed service. Indifferent attitude. What can I say? Who needs flight attendants in J class telling you that you cannot have your meal a bit later after the regular service? A crew member in my aisle said no, dinner is now. After I politely said that I'd rather eat a bit later (13 hour flight), she replied, ok, you can wait, but it might be cold. She then proceeds to unfold my tray when I am away from my seat. Unfortunately, she didn't put my tray completely flat being in such a big rush to keep to her schedule and not wanting to disturb her routine”so, on the first use of my knife, my entire tray goes flying, sending food into the guy across the aisle from me. There I am, on the floor, picking up bits of food and apologizing to my neighbor. Not good. Honestly, when you book a couple days before departure and your ticket (one way) costs US$6,200, you can eat when you want. Old, outdated audio/visual. Main meal looked like the dogs breakfast. Never again.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by Kathleen Douglas    (Canada)

Long distance flight to London, the TV did not work nor did the reading lights in our section of the plane so we sat for 9 hours in the dark. On the way home we were offered salmon or beef meals, but the salmon ran out almost immediately, nd the plug on the armrest for sound on the TV was blocked. We were offered 5% off our next Air Canada flight in the next year as compensation. The overall impression is they just don't care.

Air Canada Customer review :  26 October 2013 by M Baya    (Canada)

Flew to Calgary on Oct 11 with a connecting flight through Vancouver, with no major, glaring problems. Flights were on time, even a bit early. I usually fly with WestJet, so I'm used to friendly flight attendants. Boarding this flight was quite a shock. The flight attendant at the front of the plane had a scowl on her face and didn't reply when I greeted her. Later, during the in-flight service, the same flight attendant asked me if I wanted pretzels. I said "no, no pretzels, thank you" and she didn't offer me a drink at all. I had to her co-worker for a drink, and she looked annoyed that I asked. Cleanliness of the cabin was so-so. The floors were clear and there was no garbage in my seat pocket, but the window I was sitting next to was coated in what I assume to be facial grease. Delicious. I'm currently preparing for my flights tomorrow, and they have both been cancelled and delayed and now I have a layover in Vancouver for several hours. Even though Air Canada is offering other flights to my destination at an earlier time with several available seats, they refused to change my flights. I booked my flights a day early to avoid missing mandatory engagements at my final destination due to many of my friends flying with Air Canada and sharing their horror stories about the service and cancellations/delays. I think its sad that a supposedly professional business can operate in such a manner. Air Canada needs to take lessons from WestJet or CMA on how to manage their passengers and timing schedule if they want my business again.

Air Canada Customer review :  24 October 2013 by R Poole    (Canada)

YYT-LHR, 11 Oct 2013 and LHR-YYT, 21 Oct 2013. Both segments were on-time and overall great experiences. My only complaint with AC is the lack of legroom in economy (I'm 6'2), but I've come to expect this. The IFE is top-notch, staff service was great and overall a very professional service. It was fun to cross the Atlantic in an A319.

Air Canada Customer review :  24 October 2013 by H Hoskin    (Canada)

Toronto to Varadero. If you are tall, 5 ft 10 and over and a little fluffy you will not fit in the seats. I am short 5 ft 4 and not fluffy and I was cramped, the seat in front of me felt like it was only 12 inches away from my face. I can not even think of booking Air Canada rouge for my family to fly anywhere as my hubby and son are over 6 feet tall. If you want food, entertainment, Wifi or a beer all cost and payable with Credit card. My return flight was an hour and half late with no explanation, I had a customs form that needed to be filled out and since we left at 11.45 at night it would of been nice to get that form at the start of the flight not at the end of flight when I was woken up and not had my brain intact. The darn seats are cramped, for me to purchase again on Air Canada Rouge it would have to be a flight of last resort. Never again.

Air Canada Customer review :  23 October 2013 by D Riddell    (Canada)

Travelled from Vancouver to Asia and back. Transited through Tokyo. In Vancouver the boarding announcements were made in Japanese first, followed by Canada's 2 official languages. When I asked at the check in counter they said that the official languages should come first, but maybe today was different. Sat in one of the premium seats, an exit row seat for more leg room. At 6'3" and 220 lbs I need it. Headphones did not work so pushed button for attendant. Waited a long time and pushed again. The steward showed up and said "You need something", not in a pleasant way, but kind of annoyed. Mentioned the problem. He got me another set of headphones, they did not work either. His response was to move to another seat, and started to walk away as I reminded him that you pay extra for premium seats - he did not care. Service was not good. On the way back the service was better.

Air Canada Customer review :  23 October 2013 by N Raven    (Canada)

YVR-LAX mid-day, on an Embraer 190. Everything about this flight was smooth and efficient. The plane itself is worthy of comment: smooth, powerful, yet quiet. The newish light-construction seats were very night and afforded me a lot more foot room. Air Canada's inflight entertainment is the best I have encountered. The service staff were young and correct. The only part of this AC experience that was poor, as it has been on other trips, is the check-in procedure. It was chaotic, with most passengers not certain which queue to join (Check-in, Bag Drop, Ticketing, Self-Check-in) even after they checked themselves in. AC needs to fix this. The fix is easy: have one person out front directing passengers.

Air Canada Customer review :  21 October 2013 by W Foster    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge, if this is the future for Air Canada someone else better step up to be Canada's national carrier. The only thing about it that is interesting is the paint job. It was the maiden trip to Cancun and I was actually excited to see what all the promotion was. That died off when I tried to sit in my seat. I figure a man at 5' 11" should be fairly average and thus should be able to fit comfortably. WRONG. The seats are crammed in there, there are no electronics in the seats whatsoever so bring a book or be ready to dish out money for old movies or sitcoms. The staff are friendly and polite but some of the 'hip' ways of communicating just don't fit the world of flying. I'm in a plane, in the air far above the ocean, I want to feel just a touch more professionalism. Air Canada only changed what they had to, look at any part of the plane with a touch of detail and you'll see that it's just a gutted plane with very basic changes. The worst part is that by the looks of it, Rouge is set to take over more and destinations come 2014. Guess I'll have to drive to Pearson airport so I can fly with anyone else vs using a connector with Air Canada. Sorry, but not impressed.

Air Canada Customer review :  21 October 2013 by T Lau    (Canada)

AC9076, Sep 28, 2013. I had a business class ticket from Amsterdam to Toronto, hub through Frankfurt. This leg of the flight is operated by Air Canada's Star Alliance Partner, Lufthansa. Apparently for flights within the EU, there is no differentiation between business class versus economy, because when boarding time came, this was an absolute 'zoo'. No pre-boarding announcement for business class ticket holders, and no priority boarding. So, my conclusion is that if you're flying within the EU, at least on Star Alliance flights, they'll take your money for business class, but treat you just like 'cattle class'. Shame on me for expecting something different.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 October 2013 by John Attersley    (Canada)

Flew Halifax to Goose Bay on 11 October, flight was slightly delayed but time made up. Flight cabin staff good and service good. Return to Halifax via St. John's on 13 October, both flights very good and cabin staff on both flights very personable and pleasant - a nice change. Tight connection in St. John's but no problems.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 October 2013 by P Roberts    (USA)

October 14, 2013 took flight 847 on 777-300 from Munich to Toronto and then flight 787 from Toronto to Los Angeles later that day. Flight 847 was on a new "High density" 777-300 with 10 abreast seats resulting in narrow seats and reduced pitch to 31". I am 5'10" tall and 170 lbs and the height that aircraft seats were originally made for. It was impossible to reach down and get things from the floor without getting up and bending over. The price of this flight was not cheaper than others and Air Canada did a bait and switch, changing the configuration after I purchased the ticket. The cabin crew did their best . The galley for the 400 seats in economy was very small. The food was almost non-existent. Air Canada has the worst food for an international flight I have had. The second meal was a heated wrap, essentially a "hot pocket". Inflight entertainment was new system on this plane and was quite good, but the second flight had a slow outdated system. Overall service good and AVOD good, everything else terrible. Flight 787 was an Airbus A320. Bad AVOD, only two bathrooms for economy. Turbulent flight so when not turbulent, long lines for lavs. Service Satisfactory everything else not. Hopefully Air Canada will get new 737 MAX equipment with 3 lavs in the rear for these medium haul flights. The Pearson Airport transition with US customs is terrible. Would be better just to have customs in final destination. Canada is not the USA, so what benefit is it for the consumer to spend 2 hours of their layover in customs rather than eating and relaxing after Air Canada's horrifying service.