Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  13 January 2014 by K Otto    (USA)

Santiago - Toronto. There was a problem with my ticket, but the airport ticket office agent was sincere and thorough, dissolving the stress and resolving the issue with a smile. Air Canada uses American Airlines' Admiral's Club in Santiago, which is very pleasant, but quite full at night. The gate was crowded, and announcements were difficult to hear, but boarding was orderly and efficient. The cabin crew was outstanding on this packed overnight flight. And this makes all the difference. Welcoming, friendly, sincere. We pushed back within 15 minutes of departure time. I opted for the full dinner. While the food itself was average, the service was very attentive (this crew hustled!), and the wine selections were surprisingly good. The IFE system had a wide range of choices and was fairly intuitive to use. The bathrooms appeared worn, but were clean. The lie flat seat (3D) is very comfortable. Breakfast was a disappointing rubbery omelette, but I appreciated being able to sleep until shortly before landing. The breakfast buffet in the Maple Leaf Lounge was very pleasant, the receptionists were gracious, and there was no wait for a shower room to freshen up before my connecting flight. Bottom line: a very pleasant cabin environment, warm crew, and comfortable night's sleep.

Air Canada Customer review :  13 January 2014 by M Tushishvili    (France)

I had flights Paris-Montreal-Paris. This is the worst experience in my 14 years of travelling. The leg room and general scope of the seating is just awful and unacceptable. The plane is B777 with new seating capacity 3x4x3 instead of 3x3x3 (previous configuration) with a new black cover. The seats are so narrow that it is impossible to move even fingers. It is so annoying that the trip becomes nightmare. Air Canada has introduced these seats into three B777. I hope that they will re-consider these inhuman upgrades. The food as usually is not eatable. Staff was excellent. Not recommended for Paris-Montreal route.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 January 2014 by J Chang    (Canada)

YVR to YCG (Vancouver/Castlegar) return at Christmas/New Year on DeHavilland Dash 8. Both our flights to and back were cancelled twice, not because of Air Canada but due to snow and fog in Castlegar. As a result, we missed Christmas there as originally planned. Both flights were surprisingly pleasant, with lots of legroom on the plane and fantastic on board service. In fact, the service on board this little plane was more attentive than my executive first class flying YVR/HKG return three months ago.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Michael Muser    (USA)

AC846 on Dec 13th. Toronto to Munich in Economy Class. Worst experience in international travel since at least 5 years. Very rude ground service at Toronto. Similar but not as bad in flight. Food very poor. Only highlight: inflight entertainment system is quite good in economy.

Air Canada Customer review :  9 January 2014 by R Rieveley    (Australia)

Positives: plane was clean and I arrived safely. Negatives: I have never encountered such rude flight attendants. The food served was inedible. For breakfast we thought we would order the pancakes as it would seem that this would be impossible to mess up. These were inedible. When I checked into our return flight to Sydney, I requested an extra bag and provided all my credit card details at the time. Despite this we were charged for an extra bag at the airport. In essence, these flights, both to and from Sydney to Vancouver, were the worst customer service experiences I have received flying anywhere in the world.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 January 2014 by G Mastrobuono    (Belgium)

BRU-YVR via YUL on 767 and A320 both ways. Service attentive but not overbearing. The seats were comfortable and the food was good, but nothing to rave about. Flight 2 hours delayed leaving BRU due to heavy thunder and lighting and I missed my connection in YUL before even leaving BRU. I mentioned this to the FA and when I went to recheck my bag in YUL after customs, my boarding pass for the next flight to YVR was waiting for me. On the return YUL-BRU leg, the service was a bit rushed and it seemed like the FAs just wanted to get it over with and hang out in the galley. I also noticed a certain haughtiness among Air Canada's FAs on international routes. They're the top of the heap seniority-wise in the company and they know it.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 January 2014 by W Pura    (Canada)

I just returned from a a month long trip throughout east Asia, with the major part of trip - across Canada to Vancouver and then across the Pacific, with Air Canada. I have done this trip many times in the last few years but this year was particularly bad. I am a tall person and the tiny regional jet to Vancouver was bad enough, with cramped seating and small overhead storage, but the long haul across the Pacific was particularly uncomfortable. Clearly AC can order their planes with the seating configs they prefer so with 40-50 seat rows they can easily squeeze in another row in by trimming off a 1/2" from each row, making leg room just that little bit less. Heading out from Vancouver the food was decent, but the movie selection was pretty poor. No major current releases and a lot of older stuff. As a result of travelling extensively in the Asia region, I must have been on 6 or 7 airlines and when it came time to head home to Canada I had plenty to compare Air Canada to. When it comes to national carriers like Egyptair (Jakarta to Bangkok) or Thai Air (Bangkok to Shanghai), Air Canada doesn't even come close. On the return flight to Canada the plane was an older B767, with the same cramped seating as before. When I checked out the movies they were the same ones that were listed over a month earlier. This time the food was really bad. I usually eat what the airlines provide given it was such a long trip, but this time I had to push it away unfinished. Somewhere during the night they passed out some tasteless sandwich rolled up in a plastic wrapper. It is shameful for Canada's national carrier not to have the best, on such a crucial route for international business. I expect to be making this trip again and I will make every effort to make my connections with another carrier.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 January 2014 by J Bennett    (UK)

Arrived at Toronto and was told onward flight to Sudbury was ok, so proceeded to hand in baggage for connection. Later we found that the flight was in fact cancelled and they then refused to give our bags bag. We were told by Air Canada to go to Section N. There were people here who had been in the queue for 4 hours not having an idea what they were queuing for and later finding out it was in fact for hotels not flights. After calling redial for 2 hours we gave up, got a hotel ourselves and proceeded without our bags. When I rang air Canada they told me to go back to the airport if I needed them urgently. Our return flight from Sudbury was also cancelled and flight to London delayed heavily both without any notice or customer communication from Air Canada. We had also been told that if we required a special meal, there was only one meal available on the first flight. I rang, once being on hold for an hour, the second for two hours and both without response. When I got to Pearson airport, I immediately asked if something could be done about it, the Air Canada person told me it's too late, it has to be 24 hours before. When I told her I had been on hold for the amount she said there was nothing she could do about it. There was not even an incline of understanding from her or an eagerness to help me in any way whatsoever. Will never travel with them again!

Air Canada Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Milan Zelcevic    (Canada)

YYZ-FRA and CDG-YYZ on the way back. Both flights were flawless, superb entertainment choices (IMO the best I've seen so far). On the way out a new 777 was quite nice and comfortable. On the way back to Toronto, the older 767 did the job quite well - a great flight, nice and funny crew. Check in was fast for both flights. If you have any food allergies/preferences let them know in advance. The lactose-free meals that I received were pretty decent.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 January 2014 by W Bohlen    (Australia)

Flight from Vancouver to Brisbane. We paid extra for exit seats to get extra legroom. At Vancouver airport we were given our boarding passes and found we were sitting nowhere near our paid seats and not even sitting together. We complained at the counter and a very rude woman behind the counter said that that was tough luck. Lots of other passengers were complaining about the same thing. I kept complaining long enough so we eventually got the seats we paid extra for. The food on the flight was just horrible and nobody could guess what it was, it was just stodge. FA's were rude and unhelpful. The plane was old, the seats uncomfortable for a 15 hour flight. It was however cheap. Next time I'll pay the extra to fly with a decent airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 January 2014 by J Guan    (Canada)

Winnipeg to Vancouver to Shanghai return trip. Flew this trip numerous times before. Nothing too special until on AC026 from PVG to YVR. The crew did their best to make you feel at home. A couple of shortcomings to mention: 1) AC025 on Dec. 20, the second meal was not fully hot. 2) AC026 on Dec. 31, flight data were not available on personal screen. But all these can be forgiven because the crews were the best I have ever seen in business class.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Martin Sullivan    (Canada)

Took my first flight on Rouge on Dec 27: Toronto to Orlando. It was the most uncomfortable flight I have ever taken on AC. There is no room between seats - must be designed for short small people, not someone who is 6 feet tall. Seemed like everyone on the flight was complaining. If this continues Rouge will be a total failure. I travel 100,000+ miles on AC but will choose another airline if I have to take a Rouge flight. Very disappointing.

Air Canada Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Bill Murphy    (Canada)

Flew from Ottawa Airport today and had to endure an incredible line up at 0600 hrs because of two Sunwing flights which of course delayed the take off time. Add to this a de-icing debacle and on arrival at Toronto found my seat had been given away on my connecting flight even though I was 10 mins ahead of departure. Air Canada are buffoons and to put it short a disgrace to Canada. I will fly any other airlines before Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  30 December 2013 by L Rheinberger    (Australia)

Flew on AC554 on 27 Dec. Flight was pretty good: YVR-LAX. My only complaint about this airline is the prices that are almost $1200 o/way for 2 adults / 2 children then $150 for baggage is a bit steep. Make sure your flight attendant doing PA's is able to speak clear English not broken English, as it is very difficult to understand what they are saying. I would understand if we were on JAL or ANA not Air Canada. Truly disappointed.

Air Canada Customer review :  30 December 2013 by P Cross    (Cayman Islands)

Las Vegas to Calgary and return in December. Overall excellent. Planes spotless, in flight entertainment great, food (taste and presentation) was the best I have experienced on North American carriers, Canadian wine offered a nice touch. Captains on both directions provided updates and information. Great flights.