Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  18 February 2014 by J Craig    (Canada)

Saint John, NB to Cancun, Feb 7th and will not fly with Air Canada Rouge again. 4 hour delay in Toronto not due to weather and no explanation to passengers for the reasons for delay. 4.5 hour flight with no hot meal available - experienced the same on the way back on Feb 15. Seats were exactly a coke can and a half between edge of my seat and back of next. I am 5'8" and my husband is 6'0" and we were very uncomfortable. No TV and music unless you want to download app and watch on your cell phone. You can rent an ipad for $10 but my experience on the way down and the way back was that everyone around me had problems with them. I'll pay more next time and be able to move my legs.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Paxton Kim    (UK)

Whilst most elements of the flights we took with Air Canada were acceptable rather than outstanding there were two elements that were really poor. Firstly the entertainment system was not working on one 7hr flight and the first stewardess just said she'd look into it but didn't. The second steward admitted they knew it was broken. The real issue though is that the only recompense offered was 5% off our next Air Canada flight. The second issue was the rude check in staff at Vancouver airport - not conducive to generating repeat business. The sooner the Middle and far Eastern airlines get a firm foothold into North America the better.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Barr Peter    (Canada)

Boeing 777 W (HD) Toronto-Vancouver, February 6 in economy. The 10 abreast layout is awful, cramped, hard and uncomfortable seats, I will not travel in this layout again. Leather does not breath. Other passengers in my area voiced opinions that this is not an experience to be repeated. I am a loyal million mile member of AC but this layout, and AC Rouge which I have used once and will not repeat for the same reason - too crowded, is just too uncomfortable and I will shop other airlines for better seating or just stay home.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Vladyslav Alexeyenko    (Canada)

AC151, Toronto - Vancouver. The only good thing was the online check-in through Air Canada's iPhone app, I was lucky enough that there was one exit row seat (has extra legroom) that no one purchased off at extra cost or checked-in earlier, so I got that. Apart from that, everything else was quite bad. The staff were not attentive. You ask them something, they promise they will get back to you, then they forget. When you click the button to call the attendant, no one ever comes, even though they walk by. As usual, no food on domestic flights, only drinks. The plane was dusty as usual.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 February 2014 by K Yount    (USA)

I recently spent between $3,000 and $4,000 for 3 seats on Air Canada, for a vacation to the United Kingdom for my wife, sister and me. It was important for all of us to sit together. When I tried to get seat assignments, their computer system did not work. I had to call instead and spent much time on the phone getting it done. We made the flight to London and were served a small breakfast and I was skipped. On the flight home, we were shunted from one departure gate to another. On our third different one, the computer system would not work and we were told we would have to be moved yet again, when it finally kicked in. As we were boarding our final flight, the stewardess pulled my sister from her seat and gave it to another person. I protested and asked how that could happen and we were told that a husband and wife, who had not bothered to reserve adjacent seats, had asked for my sister's reserved seat, and they just gave it to them, breaking up our family group to do so. We will never fly Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Caldentey Juan    (Chile)

I recently flew SCL-EZE-SCL, economy class. Relatively new 777-300. Good flights, average legroom and recline. Cabin crew attentive and polite all the time. Personal IFE system standard and requires some maintenance. Both flights were at meal times, food was good but very poor, only a sandwich and soft drinks.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 February 2014 by Diesner Edmund    (Canada)

Took AC156 Vancouver to Toronto on January 16th. The flight was on time, the crew friendly, no problems at all.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 February 2014 by Diesner Edmund    (Canada)

AC963, Bogota to Toronto on January 30th. There was a 4.5 hour delay as mechanical problems required the aircraft be replaced in Toronto. We were advised and given free meal vouchers to eat either at a restaurant in the airport or a hotel close by. Everything handled very professionally. No problems on the return flight, the food was actually quite good, the crew very considerate and the entertainment system worked fine!

Air Canada Customer review :  11 February 2014 by Diesner Edmund    (Canada)

Flight AC 962, Toronto to Bogota on January 16th. Flight was on time, the crew very good but the breakfast served very poor. Entertainment system worked fine and we arrived on time!

Air Canada Customer review :  11 February 2014 by Susan Marshall    (Canada)

Just returned from Hawaii using Air Canada and never again. We got to the airport in Vancouver to find that the flight was going to be 3 hours late leaving, they could have let us know by text or at least by email. The only compensation was that once on board we got the ear phones which usually cost $3 free! The seats I had booked had now been reassigned to someone else, no explanation about that so we were cramped up in the last row where my reading light did not work. We took our own sandwiches as I refuse to buy their expensive food. Coming back we did not get anything, not even a drink on the flight from LA. Also no blankets or pillows.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Sheppard Chad    (Canada)

Flew Air Canada rouge to Orlando from Toronto, Jan 25 2014. We will never use this airline again from now on we will fly into Tampa and drive to Orlando. Flight was delayed to and from while the staff whom could use some PR training assured us they hardly ever have delays such as this. Seating was cramped and uncomfortable and the staff on ground and inflight seemed rude and unprofessional unlike anything we have ever experienced. They even tried sending my 5 year old from the washroom at the front of the plane to the rear as not to disturb the people in so called first class. First class meaning they were separated from the rest of us with a curtain falling down and enjoyed a drink of cola while we had water because they ran out of pop part at the back of the aircraft.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Jake McCall    (Canada)

Jan 18, my wife, son and I flew to Sarasota. The trip down was ok, although we've never encountered such uncomfortable seats as that flight. The trip back, on Feb 1, was awful. We arrived at Sarasota early, expecting to catch the flight at 6pm-ish back to Toronto. When asked if the flight was on time, the attendants answered 'no, it'll be leaving Toronto an hour later than scheduled.' As time went by, it became clear that not only was the flight not going to leave an hour late from Toronto, it was actually in transit from Orlando to Toronto. Eventually the flight (1881) arrived in Sarasota at roughly 11pm and, after disembarking passengers and cleaning, left at roughly 11.30pm. The flight eventually arrived in Toronto, by now it's roughly 2.30am and everyone is exhausted. Eventually we reached our home in downtown Toronto at roughly 4am. We live in a digital age, they had my email and phone contact details. Did they ever have the efficiency or courtesy to send a text? Of course not.

Air Canada Customer review :  5 February 2014 by A Price    (Canada)

January 20 out of Victoria to Vancouver. Vancouver to Los Cabos. Return flight January 27, Los Cabos to Vancouver with a connector to Victoria that was cancelled due to fog. It would have been nice for a disclaimer to be printed on E-ticket - no complimentary food. Lovely menu card with only 2 to 3 items actually on the plane. Expensive! Flew Air Canada 12 yrs ago, flew again this January 2014 - it will be another 12 yrs before we fly Air Canada again. This was a vacation package that we just returned from - resort part of package was great - flight part of package - not so great.

Air Canada Customer review :  4 February 2014 by S Meler    (Belgium)

On 7/1/2014 my connecting flight from Montreal to Brussels was delayed and then subsequently cancelled and rescheduled for the next day. We were made to wait, board, disembark and eventually to collect our baggage, told to sleep in the airport with a thin blanket in freezing temperatures and to check in yet again the following day. As I was in transit, this was even more taxing. Air Canada should have provided passengers with meal vouchers/food and hotel accommodation. Before boarding (after 4 hours of waiting) a few parents with young children asked for some water and sandwiches for their children. Their requests were flatly denied. I approached the purser to ask for water and something to eat, when we had finally boarded after hours of waiting, but I was impolitely brushed off and made to feel greedy, even though I had been travelling for 12 hours at that point and was starving. After we were finally informed that the crew were no longer legal and that we had to disembark and spend the night in the airport, we were informed that there were no available hotel rooms. I have never encountered such a blasť attitude towards passenger comfort. To add insult to injury, there was no vegetarian meal (as I had requested months in advance).

Air Canada Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Attersley John    (Canada)

Halifax - Gander - St. John's - Halifax. (A 5 day business trip) Despite snow storm in Halifax flight to Gander was only delayed a bit by the necessary de-icing, Gander to St. John's no problems. St. John's to Halifax another snow storm. Check in was quick and was offered an earlier flight if I wanted. Given the snow this was appreciated and took the offered flight. All flights good and staff professional.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Sakuragi Hana    (South Korea)

I've flown with Air Canada numerous times and have noticed a general improvement in staff service. That being said, my flight from Vancouver to Seoul on New Year's Eve was a little uncomfortable. The sinks were blocked off with aluminium foil and there was no running water. Instead there was a box full of antiseptic towelettes, which was thoughtful. However, the mere thought of how many unwashed hands went in the box frightens me. Also, my inflight entertainment system was not working even after it was rebooted. I could not watch anything during the rather long flight. I understand that technical difficulties happen, but this was not the first time.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 January 2014 by M McLeod    (Canada)

YYZ-YQR-YEG on 1 Jan. An unusual routing but the non-stop YYZ-YEG flights were hundreds more. Got on our E190, took off and they could not retract the slats so we landed after about a half hour flying around over TO. Plane declared unserviceable so they found another which would be ready in a couple of hours, which would mean I missed my connection. 34 people headed to Edmonton and Calgary were thrown at Regina with no advance warning to speak of, I was first in line at the desk in YQR and got out the next morning on the 0900 flight to YEG, but many others were delayed until late that evening because what few flights there were out of Regina west were booked solid for the holiday.

Air Canada Customer review :  21 January 2014 by J Harris    (Canada)

YYZ-SRQ, AC1880, Jan 15 2014. Positive: Flight attendants wore neat looking fedoras for boarding. Negative: Everything else. FAs had no idea passengers had to pay for checked luggage, were surprised when overhead racks were full when only a third of the passengers boarded. The rest of us were delayed boarding for twenty minutes. I checked in flight movies before trip, but couldn't watch anything on my android device and there were no iPads to rent. Food was cold, worse than typical.

Air Canada Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Shelley Gauthier    (Canada)

17-19 Jan 2014. I was shocked to step onto my flight going to Orlando from Toronto. No more TV, ok I can deal with that, but the seating was greatly reduced! There was no leg room and I'm not even tall. I feel sorry for anybody taller than 5'7!

Air Canada Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Michael Dielissen    (Canada)

I flew from YYZ-YFC on January 9, two days after the shutdown due to weather at YYZ. The check-in was very busy, however there were staff on hand to help out. The plan pushed back on time, however, a teenager felt sick as we were taxiing to the runway and did not quite make it to the washroom on time. We needed to go back to the terminal to get the cabin cleaned. The delay was about 1.5 hours, however I have to commend the flight crew on handling the situation with tact and compassion. I hope if I ever fall ill on a plane, I get treated the same way. During the delay the flight crew gave out water and gave constant updates and communication. They performed very well considering the circumstances.

Air Canada Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Alasdair Clarke    (UK)

Flew from London Heathrow to Toronto via Montreal - our entertainment system did not work. When I asked a flight attendant for help they replied, sharply "We are a travel company, not an entertainment company". So I asked another flight attendant, who was equally as rude. We were offered a flight with a time of only 50 minutes to connect to our next leg. This is undoable anyway we thought surely? But when our flight arrived 45 minutes late, it caused all sorts of stressful complications. On return back to London from Toronto our flight was initially delayed by 4 hours, but only pushing in half hour increments. So very frustrating. Short-staffed and totally unhelpful, the staff were cleared stressed and it showed. We finally made it onto the plane on which we sat for 3 hours before being told to get off and come back 14 hours later as there was a problem with the plane (they had put water into a freezing cold plane, which froze in the pipes, expanded and burst). No hotels or food available. Shocking service. I understand that the weather was bad, but all these problems could have been simply avoided.

Air Canada Customer review :  15 January 2014 by Hottola Petri    (Finland)

In Dec-Jan 2014, I flew 4 legs on Air Canada, Munich-Toronto-Miami and Miami-Montreal-Frankfurt, each of them delayed with a total of 35 hours. All delays were controllable, apparently being caused by shortage of staff in airport operations. Being stuck in Montreal airport for 24 hours, I got a Holiday Inn voucher but the meal vouchers did not actually cover meals, unlike with other airlines' passengers staying at the hotel. Had to stand three hours in a line of five people to get the hotel voucher at the Air Canada counter at the Pierre Trudeau. For a lunch voucher, I got a small cup of Pepsi from a tap and water, no food. The way the airline struggled with computer maintenance (delay of 4+ hrs from Montreal to Frankfurt), was frightening in terms of flight security. No compensations, no apologies, but major loss of time and money. Had to buy new tickets for the last leg home.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 January 2014 by P Romano    (Canada)

YEG-YYX (2), YYZ-LHR, FRA-YYZ, YYZ-YEG (3), YYC-YYZ,YOW-YYZ. (all Y class) These were my travels for 2013 with Air Canada. Overall I enjoyed the level of service they offered. Only few flights delay by 30 mins maximum. Air Canada food service buy on board or complementary on international needs a major revamp, as the quality seems to be going lower. Flight attended were decent but did not amaze me in any sector however the ground staff were more friendlier.

Air Canada Customer review :  13 January 2014 by K Otto    (USA)

Toronto - Buenos Aires, packed Boeing 777-300, seat 4A. The intercontinental Maple Leaf lounge was very comfortable, quiet with an adequate selection of snacks and refreshments. Boarding in Toronto was simply chaos, a mob of people pressing toward the jetway. Premium boarding lane was worthless, and the 7 visible staff did not appear to have the situation under control at any point. Flight crew in Executive First cabin was inconsistent. Service Director was a gem, very gracious. But the rest of the front cabin crew didn't seem to want to be there. Eye contact & smiles were absent, and the environment lacked any genuine sense of welcome. We took off after midnight, and I opted for the express meal, which was adequate, but not great. The lie-flat seat with duvet and pillow is very comfortable for a good night's sleep. Unless you plan to crane your neck in strange ways don't plan to be able to see out the window. Why were the pods designed to face the aisle? Plenty of overhead space, but minimal storage space around your actual seat. There was a fair amount of trash (newspapers, plastic wrappers, boarding cards) from the previous flight around my seat and in the overhead bin. The bathrooms were in poor condition. AVOD choices were plentiful, and the system was easy to use. In the hopes that this was simply an "off night" for AC, I'd take this flight again.

Air Canada Customer review :  13 January 2014 by O Wood    (Canada)

My first time flying Air Canada in a while, YVR to LHR and back. First of all, my ticket price was the cheapest out of other possible competitors. The seats had comfortable leg room and I didn't feel cramped. The flight attendants were very friendly and helpful. Also, the food wasn't bad. I was pretty happy to have got ice cream for the first time on a flight. Drinks were served 3 or 4 times throughout the flight as well. The entertainment was great and had a lot of choices of movies and popular TV shows. The aircraft was clean and left the airport on time.