Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  6 December 2013 by P Gill    (Canada)

Frankfurt to Toronto. Positive: Customer service was efficient and courteous, spacious, clean and comfortable aircraft. Negatives: Horrible food - absolutely atrocious - We were served a hot meal shortly after departure, and because the flight was booked, they ran out of different meal options, so by the time they served the back of the cabin, not only was the food cold, but we were not given any meal options. Apparently there was a chicken dish available, but we were served a disgusting pasta Bolognese dish. The roll was stale, and the side was some form of potatoes which had been reconstituted from potato flakes. Apparently others on the flight had similar issues with the chicken dish which tasted like rubber, and a salad which had wilted. It was extremely disappointing, and I did not eat any of it. Later on, we were served Air Canada's 'signature' tortilla/wrap by Monty's, which also tasted horrible, and is worse than a pizza pocket. The meals and food in general were terrible, and I pretty much went the entire flight without eating anything. I hope that Air Canada revamps their meals and offer healthier options instead of meals that look and taste worse than 'TV dinners' or those you would get from a can. I understand that many individuals have varying dietary requirements, and allergies, but perhaps Air Canada should invest in a dietician or nutritional consultant to encourage healthy eating on the go while meeting the needs of their customers.

Air Canada Customer review :  5 December 2013 by B Allingham    (Canada)

We flew with Rouge from Toronto to Coast Rica Liberia. We upgraded our seats for more leg room it was still very uncomfortable. Not worth the extra money! The plane seemed old and over crowded. We have used Air Canada for the last 15 year and all fights were great. Very disappointed!

Air Canada Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Hirani Sima    (UK)

Las Vegas to Toronto, flight AC1854 and from Toronto to London Heathrow, AC868 on 2nd Dec 2013. Just arrived back and I am still so angry with the Canadian staff. Has not left a good impression. 1st flight was delayed which meant transit was a rush and rather than helping, all the staff just shrugged their shoulders and rather than helping, blamed us! We were sent in different directions and one even told us that we going the wrong way but they would not tell us where to go - just said or more shouted 'read the signs'. The first and last time I will travel with Air Canada. Inflight entertainment was temperamental as well.

Air Canada Customer review :  4 December 2013 by M Kroeker    (Canada)

Traveled with a group from YWG-YYZ-DFW in Economy. Slight delay in YWG due to weather, but they made up time and only arrived 15 mins later than scheduled. Easy connection and on to DFW with AC Express, fantastic crews both ways, clean and comfortable E75's. Return departed DFW early and into YWG on time. Excellent experience, crew were all friendly would gladly travel with AC again.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 December 2013 by S Klass    (USA)

Newark-Toronto-Sao Paulo. I was impressed with how punctual Air Canada was on these two segments. In fact, it was announced at EWR, it would be likely we'd even leave early. Arrivals at both points right on time. Onboard, cabin in the E190 felt much more comfortable than the 777-200 down to Sao Paulo. Cabin crew were efficient and polite on both sectors though not particularly warm on the longer overnight. Except for the Brazilian crew member who was all smiles and bubbly. Seat cushioning was a little hard and made it hard to sleep comfortably. Service quick, meals average. Crew were present throughout the flight with water runs. I liked that there was On demand IFE even on the shorter segment but what isn't fun is how long it takes to fast forward the numerous ads to get to what you actually want to watch. Coupled with a slightly outdated interface and laggy response - you almost feel like not using the system at all after a while. However, the selection was pretty good and varied. Time for an upgrade though - faster and higher res screens would be great.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Jeremy Brown    (UK)

I was flying Business Class from Ottawa to Montreal, with an onward Business Class connection to Fort Lauderdale. For the first time, I downloaded my boarding passes to my iPhone. I arrived at the 'bag drop' 45 minutes prior to departure. Admittedly at the point which Air Canada operate a 'cut off' of no more luggage. I had difficulty providing the electronic boarding pass, so the extremely unhelpful 'attendant' pointed out my luggage could not be 'checked in'. No attempt to locate the booking at her desk, no attempt to help me. 'Shameful on Air Canada' to employ unhelpful staff who seem to get pleasure from turning customers away. Reassuring for Air Canada and their shareholders that their staff have very little consideration for passengers, especially those paying premium cabin fares. I will never fly Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Arul Muthukumarasamy    (USA)

Nov 30th, YOW-YYZ. Nov 30th, YYZ-SEA. Such a poor service at the check-in counter. They have a couple of staff helping folks to drop off their bags and 3 staff members checking-in passengers and 4 staff members checking-in priority passengers. The regular passenger line was the longest and they took about 15-20 mins to check-in each passenger with 2 check-in bags. I stood in line for 40 mins - I was nervous about missing the flight. I went to priority check-in staff and asked if he could help me as my flight was in 60 mins. He was hesitant but the staff member next to him said "go back to your line" in a rude tone. They should definitely learn to speed up their process, better yet, learn some manners along the way. We do not expect great customer service, but just do the job in the right way.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 November 2013 by T Ruggles    (Canada)

YEG-YYZ, Oct 2013 and YYZ-YEG, Oct 2013. Both segments were on-time and overall great experiences. The IFE is top- notch, staff service was great and overall a very professional service. But a little frustrating that people that upgrade with points get service before people that pay for the ticket. When I was flying to Brazil it was not this way.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Keith Plezia    (Canada)

I am currently still at the airport. We were scheduled to fly to Calgary today at 8 am. We arrived at the airport 45 minutes prior to departure. We were told that the flight was closed and that we would have to be put on a later flight. They charged us an additional $150 per person to get on the later flight. That flight was delayed 3 times. We try to find an Air Canada employee several times in order to try to change our travel arrangements but no one was interested in speaking to us. No one was able to tell us why there was a delay. We did not know whether it was weather or equipment related. The level of customer service we experienced today is brutal. Any other for-profit business would be fail if they provided this level of customer service. I will never fly with Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Wendy Tan    (USA)

My son/college student booked a 7.30 pm flight from Rochester, NY to Montreal, QC via Toronto, 11/26/13. Arrived at airport at 4 pm, found counter unattended, told that flight had been canceled. No notification via text/email/phone call. So stranded at airport. After several phone calls - with him calling and waiting over 1/2 hr to be connected, then calling me for advice, and me in California trying to help him, I got on the phone. After 1/2 hr, got connected and agent said nothing can be done and that my son's rebooked for next day. They wouldn't rebook on any other airline w/o Air Canada flight numbers, even though United and USAir are partners in the Star Alliance. What I'm most upset about is the no notification of cancellation - agent checked and said system shows "text not sent". He talked to supervisor and found out that the system attempted to send a text to my son at 2 pm when the flight was canceled, but the text did not go through. For such an important notification as a cancellation, and you don't attempt to reach customer.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Neil Follett    (Canada)

I have been travelling with this airline since I moved to Canada 13 years ago. The staff remain 'frumpy', 'dealing' sandwiches, seats unsuitable for a 6'3" rugby player. Invariably its gates are miles from the concourse. The check-in staff rarely appear pleased to see you. I was flying AC on Black Friday (when power failed on the eastern seaboard). Diverted into Montreal, there were the BA and Air France staff marshalling their passengers to coaches to take them to their overnight hotels. Air Canada? When we eventually found someone all they shouted was "get inventive on your cell phones people'. Having slept on the floor, the next morning the AC bookings system was down and would be "for 24 hours". I paid for another flight. The food is boring, expensive and often stale.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 November 2013 by J Racine    (Canada)

We flew from Paris to Montreal in the newly reconfigured business class and were amazed. We loved the new seats, so comfortable, modern and top of the line. Service and food were a delight, they've come a long way.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Louella Seely    (Canada)

I recently travelled from Calgary by Air Canada. to Salt Lake City through Houston, Texas. The flight attendants could not have been more helpful and pleasant. My connection at Houston was tight. Unknown to me they arranged for me to move to the front of the plane so I could be one the first to get off. I was in a wheelchair. The airport worker in Houston dropped the ball and did not take me to my next gate as arranged. As a result I missed my connection and had to wait until the next day to get to Salt Lake City. Air Canada had, I felt, gone out of their way for me.

Air Canada Customer review :  25 November 2013 by N Grande    (Canada)

Just flew on Air Canada Rouge to LAS. I have to admit I was very disappointed. The service was awful, the aircraft was old and dirty. The crew young, and the announcements were too familiar and did not sound nice. The flight was 4 hrs 50 and all that was offered was a buy onboard meal and bar. That's it! One time in the cabin, 40 min before arrival they offered water, and only water. I expected more, however you get 10 times better service on Air Canada main line. Given the choice, I'd avoid Rouge!

Air Canada Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Allison Jarrett    (Canada)

Flew from YYC-EWR-YGK-YYZ-YYC. Flight left on time. It was 60% full, mostly people on business but for me it was vacation. Got some apples and some noodle soup. The soup was salty but fine and the apples were surprisingly good. The inflight entertainment system was good and tons of choices. Flight from YGK-YYZ was a 1-1 configuration which was different and no drinks served but only a 50 minute flight and no flight attendant or cockpit door. Flight from YYZ-YYC was an A320 and same entertainment system but the flight attendants gave all the kids on the plane ice cream and cookies left over from the Executive Class passengers.

Air Canada Customer review :  22 November 2013 by Riffon Pierre    (Canada)

We have travelled twice with Air Canada Rouge on flights AC1810 and AC811 (A319) to and from Cancun, the first and the last time. If you are tall, impossible to fit in, the seat pitch is the smallest, 29 inches only. Being an Air Canada Super Elite members for more than 20 years, we were quite disappointed that the usual Air Canada comfort was simply not there. We can accept to pay for food and alcoholic beverages but to be so squeezed that it is not acceptable. If you look to seat pitch offers by Air Canada rouge competitors, this is the smallest one. Moreover, you have to bring your own tablet for viewing films ans pay 5$ for viewing them! Never again.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Greg McCaffrey    (Canada)

AC from Winnipeg to Shanghai in Executive First. First segment was in E190 from Winnipeg to Vancouver, Ok seat and the food and service was good. Second segment from Vancouver to Shanghai in a 767-300 with pod seating. The seats were great! Very comfy and infinitely adjustable. Food was good to very good, entertainment system was great, and all the cabin attendants went above and beyond to make sure you enjoyed your trip. Very personable, outgoing, and helpful. Air Canada, you have ruined me for all lesser forms of travel!

Air Canada Customer review :  7 November 2013 by Srdjan Vujosevic    (Canada)

Repetitive poor experience with Air Canada flights to and from PHL. Latest issue in regards to canceled flight AC/ZX 7369. It took more than 2 hours for US Air staff and multiple misinformation for passengers (that we will all be re-booked on next flight, that they did not have training on Air Canada systems and similar). In any case, my spouse had similar issue on the flight from Toronto to PHL in June 2013. So this looks like a pattern. Not impressed and certainly low marks for customer service and customer experience especially with flights from and to PHL.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Todd Hill    (Canada)

Toronto-Paris-Toronto. Boeing 777-300, chaotic boarding, barely on time, doors closed, everybody strapped on their narrow pitch less seats waiting at the gate for a quick push-back, delayed 45 minutes to reset "the entertainment system" video on demand. Captain apologized for delay, promised to everyone in the cabin to step-up on the pedal all the way to Paris to recover that senseless waiting on the tarmac to restore a sub-par VOD programming. Despite the common westerly strong-transatlantic tail-winds captain managed a full hour late on arrival in Paris. Food and deserts distribution in economy, as always 10-15 min prior to "drinks" (I must admit "clever" cost-savings). Food quality poor at best, including a sort of a snack consisting of a long-expired and tasteless pizza. For years on now they are serving this "successful" pizza wrap. Service in a hurry without any suggested options or alternatives given to passengers, reluctance on helping or accommodating passenger requests out of their own- robotic work-routine. On the way back I asked a male flight-attendant what's wrong with featured Flying Map on the VOD that doesn't seem to work at all. The answer: no worries the pilot knows its way to Toronto, witty I must admit, but that didn't address my request.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 November 2013 by Jonathan de Witte    (Canada)

Flew economy class from Toronto to Vancouver and back a week later. No free snacks or meal on the plane - just drinks offered a couple of times and some water. Had to pay extra $75 for an overweight bag (over 23 kg) and only allowed 1 bag plus two carry on's. Some servers were clearly not loving their jobs. Rough turbulent approach to Toronto - mind you it was windy. Overall not the best flight(s) and will never fly with them again.

Air Canada Customer review :  30 October 2013 by Bali Nitin    (USA)

YVR-LAX. Flight AC558, Oct 28 2013. We choose Air Canada to fly to YVR for our 5 days vacation - first and last time. Worst customer service we received. They changed the timing of the plane without notice and when we got to the airport all they could tell us is that they sent us an email and if we didn't get it then it wasn't their problem. Manager was called to help us but after listening to our problem he told us that we could pay $75 per person if we want to go on an earlier flight. First of all they change the flight timing without notice and then instead of help all they show is attitude.