Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  7 April 2014 by J Coleman    (UK)

London Heathrow to Vancouver, 28 Feb 2014 and AC855. Terrible customer service, our flight was delayed by eight hours then diverted and we were not even told about the diversion until after we boarded and by then it was too late to get on a different flight. No-one apologised, staff were rude to passengers who asked for information I've never flown with such a rude group of staff. Our return journey was on time and we were in a higher cabin class yet the staff were still rude both at the airport and on board.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 April 2014 by C Tang    (Canada)

Mar 16 2014, YVR-HKG and Apr 1 2014, HKG-YVR - Travel in economy class. In-Flight Entertainment is excellent but the seat is terrible narrow and very uncomfortable. Of all these years I have been travelled with Air Canada, this high density B777-300 aircraft is the worst pick from Air Canada. I could tell the crews were not happy about it as they walked by warning us the elbow and leg inside the seat as they always hitting the passengers. I would highly not recommend this route to anyone.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 April 2014 by T Little    (Canada)

Vancouver to Hawaii, flight delayed 2 hours. Hawaii to Vancouver flight delayed 2 hours, we also missed our connecting flight so another 2 hour wait. Assigned the two seats on the emergency exit and froze all the way to Vancouver. We are 71 and 73 years old and not able to operate these doors. I paid to choose our seats but for some reason couldn't do that on this flight, now we know why. The seats didn't recline and were uncomfortable. We will never fly with Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Andrew McCubbin    (Canada)

YVR to LHR return. Both flights quite satisfactory, even with 100% full plane on return trip. All staff keen and some put out real effort. Two issues: Very poor food on return trip. Not really edible at all, and the plane was a few minutes late in LHR with getting a landing slot. We went merrily to the Maple Leaf arrivals lounge for a shower and a bit of food after the flight. We got there at 12.45 and was told it was closed for showers and limited for food. It says it closes at 1.30 and we thought there was plenty of time for both. Staff were lifeless. Very disappointing.

Air Canada Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Judy Rump    (Canada)

We recently were on a flight from Los Cabos, BCS, Mexico to Toronto. We departed Mexico just after noon for our 5 hour flight. Not long after take off, the staff proceeded to sell food. We were seated towards the rear of the plane and therefore expected to have slim pickings from the menu. We did not expect a total sell out of meals. We had a choice of a few snack items such as chocolate bar, chips, twizzlers and nuts. According to staff, they sold out after 1st class and had to even sell off staff meals. I think it's unacceptable that the airline cannot better predict the amount of meals that are required for a 5 hour flight.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Paul Singh    (Canada)

I travelled from Toronto to Sydney via Vancouver. Vancouver to Sydney is the longest journey possible. I had many choices through the US but I decided against it and I bought a ticket that was more expensive than other airlines. My experience was horrible. Food was bad, staff were rude and I even tried to upgrade and they said that it was not allowed. Last but not the least, I strongly recommend other airlines for long distance travel.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Jaydon Baha    (Canada)

Los Angeles - Vancouver, full Embraer E190 was a very pleasant flight despite the time late at night. The service was great and very friendly. Overall the aircraft was good and fairly new, with spacious seats arrangements of 2 and 2 and great entertainment system (though the TV's could use a bit of improvement). Onboard cafe was overall normal and the menu selection was good. The terminal's Air Canada operated out of were efficient and my bags came out very fast. Turn around time was fast. Things that need improving the plane needed to be a bit cleaner and the boarding lines need to be organized more. But Overall it was one of the best airline experience I had on a trans- continental flight.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Peter Davies    (France)

LAX-YYV-CDG on 14 March. Check in good, rapid, friendly. Boarding, take off smooth, appreciated the idea of rear passenger loading first, saves all the usual hassle, why don't others do it, after Business of course! Negative was the fact that the "domestic" classed flight from LAX to YYV, which takes almost 5 hrs - no food was available, most of the snacks neither. Very poor considering I had 3 children, and 5 hrs is not short. Later on the YYV-CDG leg, food was poor, and "breakfast" was a slice of banana bread...do they think we are all monkeys? Poor and the main reason I will avoid AC in the future, even the Canadian Air Transat does better. Flight was otherwise ok, staff not overly friendly or young; have done this route regular with Air France, KLM, United, Delta and Lufthansa.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 March 2014 by N Cooper    (UK)

1.5 hours late in leaving London, to Vancouver. Not a great deal of information during this wait onboard. Seat uncomfortable with recline not working. Entertainment system broke down but was fixed eventually after a re-boot. Food virtually inedible slop. Staff uninterested and unwelcoming. Return Kamloops to Vancouver to London. Ate at Kamloops as had a delay which was just as well as the food was again disgusting on the long haul flight. Have used this Airline to get to Sun Peaks ski resort for the last 10 years as it is difficult to travel with any other 'joined up' airline with times to suit. i.e. Air Canada to Vancouver then Jazz to Kamloops. Value, service and catering all deteriorating. Will most definitely attempt to travel with another airline if possible. Very disappointing.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 March 2014 by S Maitra    (UK)

Outward: LHR-YVR (8/3/2014) and Inward: YVR-LHR (16/3/2014). Travelled Air Canada after 7 years and noticed some significant improvements in aircraft interiors and entertainment. Online check-in was simple as was baggage drop. Leg space is below par compared to a BA (for example). Staff service is brusque (no smiles) and food is woeful. How can you serve one hot meal of pasta and then another after 7 hours of just dry cake on a 9 hour flight is mind boggling. Will not fly them if I can help it.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 March 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

YQB-YUL-ORD on 13 March. See my United review as to how I ended up on Air Canada. What a great set of flights. Friendly ticket agents at the gate, smiling welcome on both flights. DH8-100 from Quebec to Montreal - coming from Sept-Iles so people were onboard when I got on - flight was 45 minutes and drink service from a friendly attendant. Departed 15 min late and arrived 10 min late - long walk to US gates. E-190 to O'Hare - got upgraded to Biz Class. Awesome friendly attendants on the plane. Nice chicken wrap was serviced and inflight entertainment really good. Air Canada knows how to treat passengers and deliver a great product.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 March 2014 by A Wattamaniuk    (Canada)

YYC-NRT, we were lucky to get upgraded on this near empty flight and very much enjoyed the premium perks Business Class on AC had to offer, Seats were comfortable, mood lighting eased jet lag and food was spectacular.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 March 2014 by M Robert    (Canada)

AC 846, YYZ-MUC, Mar 10. Flight delayed 5 hours due to mechanical, then a string of other problems requiring change of aircraft and change in pilots. Missed connecting flight to MAD resulting in arrival 8 hours late. Air Canada provided a $10 Meal Voucher as a 'goodwill' token. Cheapest sandwich at Pearson Airport $12.99. Return flight, MUC-YYZ, AC 847, March 14 delayed 2.5 hours. Ground crew couldn't load a pallet properly. Delays understandable but attitude unacceptable.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Austin Wayne    (Canada)

Purchased tickets in October to Mayan Riviera for trip on Feb 13 2014. Paid for extra room seats, picked up tickets 2 weeks ahead of time and when checking tickets found our seats had been taken away. No explanation as to why we lost our seats and were put in the cattle car section and were told if we didn't like it we could cancel. I I am a senior and was told I should have checked ahead to see if changes were made. I guess I will try and fly with a different airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 March 2014 by A Eric    (Canada)

I am a Million Miler who flies business on long haul with AC. The angle pod seats were a great addition some time ago, and provided business passengers with a feeling of value for money-true lay flats, reasonable privacy etc. I cannot understand why AC would want to screw this all up with the new high density layouts in both business and economy-the business seats are resulting in mass complaints and mass desertions to other airlines. They downgraded their product to Hong Kong (in economy there are two or three fewer washrooms for 100 more passengers, line ups a mile long, the toilets are backing up as they are not designed for this volume of passengers. I have never in all my years heard more angry passengers than the Honk Kong to Vancouver AC passengers in any class. For a crass money grab on these routes AC is risking a big revenue loss to Japan airlines, Cathay and other Asian airlines and on Europe runs to British Air and others, even Lufthansa. This high density move is a complete disaster on the 777's and AC should reconsider. For those of us in the air a lot, this change of equipment downgrade is a real choice maker.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 March 2014 by E Dean    (Canada)

Flew AC 883, CPH-YYZ you certainly get back what you give on AC. I always decide to treat the crew like gold, smiles and thank you and you get that back. AC 883 was about half full to very lucky to have two seats, aisle and window all to myself. I greeted the crew with smiles and they immediately offered my double food, two desserts and about an hour later one member brought me a tray with bread and cookies, I immediately went to the back and thanked them again. Flight was an ageing 767 but saviour these old birds as you'll never again get the incredibly comfy 2-3-2 configuration again on the 777's and 787's. My one complained on these old planes is the seating near the exit rows gets extremely cold, colder then when these planes were new.