Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  30 September 2013 by M Steve    (Canada)

YYZ-KIN-YYZ. Flew Air Canada's discount division, Rouge, to Kingston. Flight was packed on the outbound and boarding was chaotic due to passengers returning with copious purchases and multiple suitcases and carry-ons. Flight attendants are all new hires and so lack most of the basic skills expected of them. I purchased an extra leg room seat in one of the first four rows. Be aware that KIN check in agents will fill these seats with mothers and babies, if you think you're getting a bit of respite. For purchase food selection was missing the healthy items inbound and outbound. Return flight was delayed 45 minutes when customer traveling with parent and 7 relatives including 3 newborns had not made proper arrangements for oxygen and crew struggled to deploy the onboard oxygen, using FA manuals to sort out the issues. Lost connection meant 3 hour wait and midnight arrival in YOW. Rouge is not Westjet. Comments from customer, below, about her YUL to Athens flight neglected to mention that it, too, was a Rouge flight.

Air Canada Customer review :  26 September 2013 by R Mortara    (UK)

YVR-LHR. I decided to return to the UK direct, rather than via Europe. Plus points: flight left on time and arrived early, even with a short hold before landing. Also Air Canada has a 3x3x3 configuration on its 777-300s, rather than the 3x4x3 used by many other airlines. Leg room is ok, but I found the seat was getting uncomfortable after a few hours. Other aspects left me wondering how this airline is classed as a 4 star airline. Check-in was quick but with no smiles. Even one of the staff at the gate was almost rude about the darkened spectacles I have to wear. On board one of the cabin attendants shrugged her shoulders when I asked for a blanket, their was only a pillow on my seat and she was chewing gum whilst handing out breakfast. At least I did get a blanket, after asking one of the other crew members. No hot or cold towels, only one drink at a time, show how this airline skimps on the things others provide as a norm. The food is poor as well. My special meal was provided but it was tasteless. 'Continental breakfast' comprised a small muffin and a small container of fruit - insufficient for a flight of 9 hours duration. The AVOD was ok with a wide choice available. I may well go to Canada again but will avoid Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Philip Rubenstein    (Canada)

YYZ-NRT-YVR using B777 / A330 in Executive First. Trip started off nice enough, but ended in a cancellation and a forced delay of 1 day. I flew off peak hours, so I benefited from a quick check-in with a personable agent. The YYZ-NRT boarding was the usual rush of pax. It would be nice if AC moved the priority lane to one side and it was better labelled so people don't accuse priority boarders of pushing in the line. Not a full flight so FAs had an opportunity to take their time and provide decent service. Food and beverages better than usual and overall, I have noticed AC has shown some improvement in its food quality in the past year. Unfortunately, the wine selection is still hit and miss. The seat showed its age and was well used. The IFE selection was boring, and I resent the forced commercials. It was a good flight and I was able to catch a few hours of sleep. The problem was with the return flight. It was cancelled due to equipment issues. It happens, but it seems to be an increasing scenario at AC. The AC response to the issue was disorganized and slow. Personnel tried their best. The end result was hours wasted at the airport until AC sent Pax off to a hotel. Communication was poor. The concierge in NRT was professional, although it took some time to get an answer. The lady in YVR who assisted was also professional, and kind. Unfortunately, the replacement flight the next day was also beset by equipment issues as the air conditioning system wasn't working well and the cabin was stuffy and hot for the flight to YVR. However, FAs on this flight were the best I have had on AC. I seem to be encountering an increasing number of equipment issues and delays with AC. I have only recently started using the airline again on my long hauls, and I am not particularly impressed by this aspect of its operations.

Air Canada Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Donald Carmichael    (Canada)

I rarely take this airline and on September 12, 2013 from LGA to YOW I know why I avoid this carrier whenever possibly. Stupid decisions in difficult (weather) situations are not usually typical of A 4 star airline. I travel weekly in North America and I would rate several domestic carriers far superior. Over priced, costly flexibility and staff that at times act condescending does not equate to a top rated airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  23 September 2013 by B Gagne    (Canada)

LAX-YYZ upgraded to executive class. Number 1 staff in the industry. AC still holds standards high for FA appearance. This crew was most professional and looks the best in North America. Keep it going AC and you will get awards for North-American airline, on top of your international awards. IFE didn't function in my seat, staff however did everything possible to keep me comfy.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Johnny West    (Canada)

NRT-YYZ on Sep 16. There was a supposedly a typhoon in Tokyo so flight was delayed 2 hours. I think the food is getting worse since my last flight! One of the offerings was a mini sandwich with simply cucumber and mayonnaise. The apples for breakfast did not look fresh. They were brown already so it was not appetizing! Air Canada's IFE is good, lots of good movies to choose from! Cabin crew is where Air Canada really need to improve on their international flights! Although at least 70% of the crew were very pleasant, there are some of the older ladies who just seemed like they were above it all. One hostess was emotionless, when distributing food, she just put it straight on our table and left.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 September 2013 by A Agustin    (Canada)

AC Jazz and Express from YTZ-YQB via YUL was a breeze in spite of heavy fog and two cancellations, the ground staff at Billy Bishop Airport was very helpful and respectful to passengers. AC Jazz from YQB to YYZ was smooth and the flight attendants were great. It was a smooth and pleasant flight back to Toronto.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Marc Keller    (Switzerland)

Took Air Canada on our flights from Zurich via Toronto to Mexico City and return, all business/first: On long haul flights over the Atlantic (both ways). Entertainment system broke down regularly on both Atlantic flights (several restarts necessary for the whole cabin). No coffee or tea on overnight flight for breakfast (customers were very happy about that). Headsets are fixed to infrastructure - cable in my face. Both toilets in business class with no water for handwash after 2 hour flight. Seats and surrounding not very clean. Meals: just the absolute necessity, but not an inch more! Compared to Swiss, Emirates, Singapore or Lufthansa business class: not worth the money and real hygiene problems!

Air Canada Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Vlad Alexeyenko    (Canada)

Latest flight YVR-YYZ. Flight was overbooked (as usual) therefore it took awhile before I got my seat. No food despite the fact it is a 4.5 hour flight. Airplane was old, seats were not leather. No complaints about the crew. TV screen in the seat in front, so that was good. Ticket price - $335 OW, if purchased RT - no discount. Barely any legroom.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 September 2013 by J Samuels    (USA)

San Francisco-Vancouver-Tokyo-Calgary-San Francisco, 8/25/13-9/7/13. Absolutely terrible experience with this airline. The agent in San Francisco was extremely rude and unfriendly to all the passengers she served, including us. The flight attendants, particularly on the return flight from Tokyo, were also rude to passengers, to the point of eye-rolling with polite requests for drinks. I fly often and have not experienced this degree of rude service both on the ground and in the air in many years.

Air Canada Customer review :  13 September 2013 by R Gamba    (Canada)

Flight from YYC to IAH in Executive Class was just OK. Food was horrible but the flight service director did his job well. Flight from CUN to YYC in Executive Class was one of the best flights I've been on. The food on this segment was much better but what made is so great was the cheerfulness and helpfulness of the flight service director. Drinks were always topped up and staff made sure everyone was comfortable and asked if there was anything else they needed even though it was a full flight. A pleasant surprise from Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Kaye Neicho    (UK)

Had a very good experience flying from London Heathrow to Toronto via Chicago on 23/8/13. Everything from booking the flight, customer service before flight and during flight, checking in, boarding aircraft, comfort on board, good connecting service and the same on direct return flight, everything was great. Competitive price as well.

Air Canada Customer review :  12 September 2013 by N Sabir    (USA)

I fly regularly on the Boston to Toronto route and Air Canada always disappoints. On my most recent trip, I tried to check my bag in at the gate which I have done many times before) because I didn't want to have to lift my bag into the overhead bin on the plane as I am 7 months pregnant. I was told not to do that since the bag was small and there was plenty of space on the plane and someone would help me. When I got on the plane and asked the steward if he could help me put my bag up in the overhead bin, he took a look at my bag and asked 'Is it really that heavy?'. He told me a passenger would help me! Just downright rude. They always seem to set the bar for the worst customer experience, whether it has been when I have missed a flight, or their policies with respect to gate checking strollers and car seats. They are by far the worst airline to travel with children.

Air Canada Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Catharine Kalafatis    (Canada)

Terrible flight to and from Greece. Freezing cabin and rude stewardesses. Food worst I have tasted. Seats very uncomfortable, asked for blankets and was asked if I was sick? We had exit rows and they would not turn down the air conditioning. The entire plane was freezing. Then when we arrived in Montreal to connect to Toronto they said the flights were cancelled and they would have to see what they could do the next day. My son had taken another flight and was left waiting at the airport in Toronto for us. They were not willing to help or guide and people were scrambling to try to get out on a flight that evening to Toronto. Every year we say never again, this experience was the last straw.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Stephen Brunette    (Turkey)

ADB-IST-YYZ-YUL return in economy on 14 August. First flight on Turkish from Izmir, code share. Even though a code share flight, they couldn't give me my AC boarding passes and told me my luggage would go through to Montreal, but I had to check in at AC in Istanbul. Too many people, scheduled to be an A320, switched to a A340 at last minute, leading to delays leaving Izmir. Arrived in Istanbul, we were taken to a remote stand and finally bussed to the domestic terminal. Dashed to the international terminal, reps for AC were waiting, all smiles and no problems, got my two remaining boarding passes. Massive line at immigration control to leave. I went to the front and asked some people if they would let me go ahead as my flight had already started to board. Just made it to my flight to Toronto. Once on board, a perfect as a flight in economy could be. Excellent flight attendants, professional and friendly. Drinks then a wonderful meal of lamb. Plenty of water runs, snack part way through, self service drinks and snacks in galley. Another meal 1.5 hrs before landing, chicken, again excellent. B767 had been refurbished, excellent seats, comfortable and entertainment system first rate, with plenty of choices. Bags didn't make it to YYZ, Turkish Airlines fault, but AC was very good about getting them to me in Ottawa to my hotel 2 days later. Transfer to YUL smooth, good short flight. Return flights again on AC from YUL-YYZ-IST on 23 Aug very good, great service by caring crew as outbound. Equipment change again in IST to ADB, on THY code share seat changed. Flight short and ok. Overall, Air Canada has a great product, as I have flown this route over the last 10 years using Turkish Airlines, Air France, KLM and Lufthansa. The price I paid was cheaper then the rest, the flight attendants are what made the difference, so nice and accommodating, as well as good food for economy. I will keep using AC now that they are flight to IST from Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 September 2013 by O Perera    (Australia)

Flew from Toronto to Sydney on 7th September. Flight left Toronto at 8.25pm. We were in transit in Vancouver which was 4.5 hrs flying. What we were offered for dinner when we boarded in Toronto was a snack which had to be paid. Then, when we arrived in Vancouver all our cabin luggage had to be taken with us and reboard the same plane to the same seats. This was really inconvenient from the passengers point of view. By the time we were served a proper meal was 2.30am Toronto time. Toronto to Sydney, just the flying time was 20 hrs. That kind of a meal service for such a long flight is not acceptable.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 September 2013 by M Gordon    (Canada)

YVR-YOW-YVR. Breakfast flight to Ottawa on an Airbus 320. I had breakfast in the AC lounge and it was good, the wireless needs to be upgraded as it was very slow and the YVR wireless was much faster. Our FA on the flight was very attentive and the breakfast service was excellent. Delayed 45 minutes landing in Ottawa due to a thunderstorm. On my return journey I enjoyed my stay in the lounge with good food and a glass of quality wine but again the wireless was slow and I gave up using it. The return flight was an Airbus 319. There was only one FA with us in the front cabin and she did the best she could being short handed with a full cabin. She was friendly and otherwise I enjoyed my trip. The meal was excellent and she offered a special liqueur service which was appreciated by many in the front cabin. My other suggestion is that on the IFE you get more documentaries, old comedy TV shows and classic films. These must be reasonably inexpensive. Because I travel so much with them, I sometimes run out of choices. However, for both I paid an executive class fare and I got good value for what I paid.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 September 2013 by Jane Coney    (UK)

19th Aug, London to Toronto. Flight was fine, though staff seemed too few and too busy to deal with passengers. The next leg 5 days later we checked in for online Toronto to Los Angeles we were asked to pay for our cases to check in $75 not expected. The flight though was very poor. Our return trip on the 2 Sep from LA to Toronto was just as bad, but the Toronto to London was the worst. Too many people getting on with oversized bags and being allowed too plane was very over crowded. also our inflight entertainment wasn't working in any of our 3 seats the staff just shrugged their shoulders and handed out contact details for customer service. The plane was old and dirty, we will not be using Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  9 September 2013 by F Hryn    (Canada)

YXE-YYZ-DUB-CPH, CPH-YYZ-YXE in economy. Paid an excellent price for this route. Flight to Toronto uneventful, good service, flights on time. Air Canada is my first choice for transatlantic flying but after 2 flights in my itinerary I will definitely reconsider, especially the one to Dublin. It's not that the flight was uncomfortable, the entire experience was just average. Flight attendants seemed uninterested and the plane was probably the oldest in the fleet. The arm rest of my seat had something that looked like industrial-strength foil holding parts together. I think this flight is over-looked since it is a seasonal route. This route is also being transferred to Rouge next year so maybe it'll improve. CPH-YYZ absolutely no problem, newer aircraft, friendly flight crew. Boarding at CPH was somewhat interesting - over 200 people left to sit in the hallway and departure lounge only opened shortly before boarding. YYZ-YXE, late leaving YYZ due to an issue with the cargo door. No problem - safety first. Next time: Lufthansa!

Air Canada Customer review :  9 September 2013 by Em Vittorio    (Canada)

I flew YYZ-WAW with a stop in FRA. The YYZ-FRA portion was operated by an AC 777-300 aircraft. This was on July 23, 2013. I was happy with the service I received. I did on-line check-in and printed my boarding pass prior to arriving at the airport. To print my baggage tags, I went to the check-in kiosk, but the kiosk unfortunately did not want to print out all my tags, meaning I could not go to the quick express bag-drop queue. This wasn't really a problem though, because as a Star Alliance Gold customer, I can use the quick Executive Class check-in queue to drop off my baggage. Check-in agent, Heather, was very nice and friendly! She actually gave me individual attention to the fact that my baggage should be labelled as fragile. I then went past security and with a friend, I went to the Maple Leaf / Star Alliance Gold lounge. Lounge had a calming and not too busy atmosphere, very pleasant and recommended! The flight itself was great! Cabin crew were attentive (although not the very friendliest AC cabin crew I have encountered but still very good), and the in-flight entertainment options were actually, I think, the best part of the flight. My pre-ordered vegetarian meal came quickly, and in general, it was a good flight!

Air Canada Customer review :  6 September 2013 by N McCrohan    (Ireland)

AC 895, Dublin Ireland to Toronto. Good check in staff. Flight on time. Booked Air Canada ahead of other airlines. Expected good service as the National Carrier but was very disappointed. Food not up to much and cabin crew did not make much of an effort. They seemed quite bored. Return flight AC894, Fast check in and very courteous. Flight was awful due to weather conditions. Food very boring and small portions. Breakfast was a slice of banana bread and juice / tea / coffee. Planes are very old on this route. Air Canda will have to up their game next year when Aer Lingus start operating! Certainly no value for money.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Carole Ruxton    (Ireland)

Flight on 22nd August 2013 Dublin to Toronto and return on 30th August. Cabin crew very grumpy. Food okay on outward journey. Films okay. Interior of cabin grubby. Wasn't expecting that from AC. Return journey encountered bad weather, food service was delayed a considerable time due to safety issues so when it finally arrived it was hardly palatable. I noticed a lot of unfinished meals going back. Banana bread for breakfast hardly constitutes a meal. Toilets were very grubby and towel bin held closed with masking tape which eventually fell down. I will not rush out to fly with AC. I will fly Aer Lingus next time.

Air Canada Customer review :  5 September 2013 by S Paice    (UK)

LHR-Toronto-LHR. Day flight from Heathrow wasn't too bad. Check-in painless, lounge ok although the time from 'go to gate' to 'closing' in departures is ridiculously short. Inflight, meal was ok - child's meal was well received, adult's meal perfectly ok and served promptly with additional drinks available on request. Only downside was the bassinet wasn't available. IFE ok when it worked, although it needed re-booted at least 3 times. Return flight. Check in at Toronto an utter shambles, check in online, but to get to bag drop you need to print out all your bag tags. This would be fine, but their system can't cope with a booking including an infant. Thankfully the desk agent took pity on us and printed them out. Toronto lounge pleasant. Inflight, pretty terrible. AC seem to persist with ancient aircraft without winglets, so turbulence is amplified meaning the seat belt light on most of the trip. No food service during 'turbulence', so meal service took hours and the lights were left on so neither of the children (or us) slept at all. Asked for lights to be dimmed and 'we can't dim them' was the reply. Didn't get a drink before food, due to the apparent turbulence cutting short the drink run, and the never came back until 'breakfast'. At least I got dinner eventually, unlike the poor folk at the back, who waited at least 3 hours. 'Breakfast' was a slice of banana bread and the kids got a bran muffin. Asked for a diet coke to try and wash it down, got 2 fingers worth and some ice. Pointless and not at all filling. AC would have been better with a light snack for dinner (given we took off at 10pm) and a decent breakfast. Some of the staff were quite friendly and chatty, but it couldn't describe a truly miserable flight. I could only really describe it as 'United in disguise', expected far better from AC. Luggage showed up though, and we arrived in once piece and on time so a couple of marks gained there.

Air Canada Customer review :  4 September 2013 by F Pranajaya    (Canada)

AC883, CPH-YYZ in J on 29 Aug. AC Super Elite. Food quality is very poor, fish had no taste, cheese cake undercooked, menu has not changed for some time. Staff were nice enough although very noisy in the galley around door 2L/2R. AVOD has old movies. Dirty seats. A very big disappointment. But smooth landing in YYZ. Prior to this flight, flew on SQ352, SIN-CPH in the new J (9V-SVB), and NH11 in the new J - night and day difference! Best staff, best seats, excellent service, great food on SQ and NH. AC need to learn from SQ and NH, suggest that AC management to fly in SQ and NH to experience their service (in J or Y) first hand, and apply this experience to improve service!

Air Canada Customer review :  3 September 2013 by D Alleva    (UK)

London to Orlando via Toronto, family of 4 with 2 young kids. Flew on B777-300ER on the long haul flights and A319 and A320 on the short haul flights. All flights departed on time and arrived ahead of schedule. Legroom and space is adequate. Food average but I tend to rate flight safety before food on a flight. Inflight entertainment system was good, plenty of films or music to choose from, especially for the kids to keep them busy. Unlike other people comments, I was able to complete my online check in within 24 hours from the first flight. Picked my seats online and had no problem when boarding. I really don't understand why it is not possible to check in online more than 24 hours before. Cabin crew were ok but as many commented not too friendly, I would say they were essential and a bit on the cold side, this happened on the 4 flights. Pilots did not provide much feedback, again the likes of Easyjet to it. Short haul flights only provide drinks, you have to pay for food or snack but the price is not too horrendous. All in all, a good and punctual service, safe and efficient. If they could add some warmth and customer care, then it would be much better.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 September 2013 by Chris Matten    (Canada)

Toronto to Paris in July 2013. Staff were slow. Every request was met with a snide look. Food was not good, in flight entertainment was constantly being interrupted and reset. The airplane was not very clean. Upon boarding staff were just sitting and leaning, no help at all. Our seat had chocolate on it, and we asked the attendant to clean it for us before we sat down, she just came with a towel and handed it to us to do ourselves. Asked for a glass of water to take some medication, and was told the cart would be around shortly!

Air Canada Customer review :  30 August 2013 by D Williams    (Canada)

Vancouver - Hong Kong, AC7, 2013 Aug 1 and Tokyo to Calgary AC 8148, 2013 Aug 24. I fly to Asia every summer from Canada. Although I can't complain about the service, Air Canada's food has got to be the worst. It is not only bland, but the portions are getting smaller and smaller. One of the meals is a small sandwich with spoiled lettuce. They should learn something from other airlines.

Air Canada Customer review :  30 August 2013 by P Donovan    (Canada)

YYZ-LAS-YYZ. Business Class on upgrades. Airbus 321. Late departure as usual from YYZ as this airline is incapable of being on time departing Pearson. Inflight entertainment and power outlets not functional until well into the flight and after numerous re-boots. Food disgusting. Badly reheated chicken on rice. Inedible. Return flight late because of late arrival of aircraft from YUL with the same menu. Opted for pasta. Just as disgusting as outbound. Luckily brought sandwiches as was unsure whether I would be upgraded and they don't tell you until the last possible minute at the gate. I have learnt to never pay for J class to the US on Air Canada as their product is sub-par relative to the price compared to US airlines.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 August 2013 by R Maylin    (Canada)

Toronto to Vancouver to Toronto. The misery started even before leaving Toronto. Checked the "on time" status of the flight to Vancouver prior to leaving home, scheduled as "on time". At the airport found the flight had been delayed one hour. No explanation provided and told we couldn't check in. Flight was uneventful, food bland, tasteless and you had to pay for it. My spouse has a gluten allergy so her choices were basically none. Return flight - woke up to find a notification that our flight had been cancelled and we were rebooked on the next flight an hour earlier. As we had 2 different reservations, we now had to go online and find 2 seats together, which we did but would cost us $40 each. Reluctantly we paid for it. At check in I find that my paid seat is not available. Told there is nothing that can be done and to ask at the gate. The gate it is chaos as there are 3 planes to board. When I ask about my paid seat I am rudely told that the plane has been changed and thus so has my seat assignment. I give up with this airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 August 2013 by K Rushton    (Canada)

YQQ to SFO back to YQQ - Comox, BC to San Francisco and return. We have not flown Air Canada for several years - and now I know why - it's not worth it. Both going to San Francisco and returning we were stuck with delays. Going to, it was 1 hour. Returning, it ended up being 2 and a quarter hours. It kept changing - first it was 1 hour, than 1.5 hours and finally the 2.25 hours. The 1 hour to San Francisco was relatively acceptable, because we had no specific schedule. Returning though, we had to get a connecting flight, that luckily they were able to change for us. Air Canada blamed the weather at SFO, saying the airport had closed a runway, however, ours was the only plane delayed at that time and it was sunny outside. We think they were just using this as an excuse - otherwise a lot more planes/airlines would have been delayed at the same time!

Air Canada Customer review :  29 August 2013 by N Shyshkin    (Canada)

YYZ-FRA on an A330-300. Check-in was simple, quick and fantastic. Boarding was efficient and the flight left on- time. The free entertainment, system, free earphones, free blankets and meals were fantastic. Great seat comfort too and overall a great flight performed by the whole crew. Air Canada's long-haul service is a perfect model to all North American airlines.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Jack Spencer    (New Zealand)

Went from London Heathrow to Toronto. At check in service was bad. Tried to split me up with my 6 year old child! Service terrible. Rubbish food and entertainment, still could not sit with my wife.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 August 2013 by A Moncy    (Canada)

YYZ-NRT this month, return. Flights on time and flight attendants professional with no real human touch. My issue with AC are always the same, and I only chose them because I dreaded taking a connection through the US, and no other carriers fly this route non-stop. My issues are as follows: the ground agent at YYZ are jaded, unhelpful, stand besides the lines like pickets not offering substantial help. The self check in process always has some last minute surprise which is the least of these agents' concern. My other issue with AC is I feel so bored flying with them, same boring food, very small portions, no refinement.

Air Canada Customer review :  23 August 2013 by T Newell    (Canada)

AC607 from Halifax to Toronto on August 17, 2013. I have never experienced such uncaring staff. The staff at check-in in Halifax were excellent but the lady at the front of the area directing people was rude to everyone. One of the flight attendants was also rude. The others were excellent. However not once was an announcement made about the delayed flight or what to do when we arrived in Toronto to all of the missed flights. No staff to greet us and tell us what to do or where to go. Rudeness everywhere we turned. The queues were unbelievable with a lack of customer service. Never again.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Deborah Harris    (Canada)

One week before trip, our return flight was cancelled and had to be rebooked with either an 8 hr stop over or a flight through but getting home after the 1st choice option. Before leaving for our trip we checked to see if it was on time, it was. When we arrived at airport they said flight was delayed 30 minutes. Told we should still make our connection. As we waited for boarding the delay became greater and we realized we would not make our connection unless the pilot contacted the ground and explained the situation. Luckily they let those who needed to connect off first and had a shuttle to security and they knew the flight was being held for us. It was in fact the airport that bailed Air Canada out. On our return flight we thought maybe we would ask at the check-in with Air Canada if we could get a different flight, they again said nothing other than what we had. We asked about getting into their lounge for the 8 hr wait. They said we would have to pay for each of us. No sympathy for us and they were the ones to cancel a flight that had been booked. Not going to fly with them again if I can help it!

Air Canada Customer review :  23 August 2013 by K Driscoll    (Canada)

YXE to YYZ, first leg of 3 flights and where the problem occurred.No problems with YYZ-YHZ and YHZ-YQY. 22 Aug 2013. I recently discovered that Air Canada does not have a policy whereby a 4-year-old child will be guaranteed to sit next to her parent even when the seats were booked together. A seating selection surcharge must be paid for this to occur. As well, online seat check-in gives priority to those travelling the shortest distances on the fewest flights as those travelling the farthest must wait until 24 hours prior to the final flight before checking in: eight hours after other passengers could start checking in in our case, thus resulting in the child and parent being separated. Air Canada personnel chastised me for not paying the fees in advance and said it was my fault that my child and wife would not sit together.

Air Canada Customer review :  23 August 2013 by Susan Stewart    (UK)

Our issues with Air Canada started before we flew! When trying to check-in online for our Heathrow - Calgary flight on July 31st 2013, we found we couldn't. I rang Air Canada and was told that because we had a connecting flight from Calgary to Seattle, we couldn't check-in until 24hrs before that flight left! I ascertained that the London to Calgary flight was full and seats had been allocated. I managed to get my partner and I seated together. On the morning of our journey we tried to check-in online which we couldn't do. We arrived to check in and were told we hadn't been able to check in online because the flight was full. Then told we were in Business Class for our second flight! We certainly didn't want an upgrade for an hour's flight! Money had been taken, we couldn't revert to economy because our original seats had been taken. Maybe we were naive to think an upgrade was so cheap but it really wasn't clear on Air Canada's web page that this was for the shorter of the two flights. Upon our arrival in Calgary, we discovered our connecting flight was 2 hours late. No explanation as to why and no Air Canada staff to help, or advise us. On our return journey, we left Seattle for a short flight to Vancouver. Our flight from Vancouver to Heathrow was delayed by just over 2 hours. Once again there was no explanation, or apology. When the in-flight meal was served I looked at the label on my vegetarian meal (clearly marked VLML with my name on the tray) to discover it was chicken. The meal was changed but there seemed to be little appreciation as to how significant giving meat to a non-meat eater is!

Air Canada Customer review :  21 August 2013 by J Brooks    (Canada)

MCO-YHZ: Initially scheduled to fly out of Orlando on United Airways. Halfway through our vacation we caught wind of a terrible storm system that battered the east coast shutting down all airports on the coast, cancelling our flight home. Fearing we would be stuck in FL, I called United to find a solution. I did not speak to an operator until 6am the morning of our departure, 12 hours after I had started calling. I was transferred from United's customer service line to Air Canada's. In no time at all, the flight I was supposed to be on with United (that had been cancelled) was re-booked with Air Canada travelling via YYZ instead of Newark and onto YHZ. All additional charges and fees were waived. My family and I were able to get home safely and actually earlier than we were supposed to get it on the United flight. When their prices are the most competitive amongst carriers I am always happy to fly with Air Canada - even if they can be less than perfect.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 August 2013 by H Miller    (Canada)

My last two flights leaving Penticton, BC have been cancelled requiring me to cut my stay short to accommodate AC's change in schedule. There has been no apologies or compensation. I do not trust in ACs ability to provide service I can count on. I definitely prefer not to fly with them if I have an alternative.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 August 2013 by W Cato    (Canada)

Toronto to Puerto Plata on August 7th till August 14th. Aircraft was too small and packed. Every seat was full which meant no room to move around. There is no inflight entertainment, unless you have your own personal iPad or something to use on the plane. Plane itself was basically a new cheap plane, no frills, bells or whistle. Seats were small and very little leg room. Flight crew were professional but very inexperienced, they kept on correcting themselves after every announcement. AC left my luggage behind and I did not receive it until 4 days later. Pilots never gave any updates as to what was happening. Delayed taking off from POP and no announcement as to why. I wish the Captain would have introduce himself and the 1st officer and given an update. I believe AC has lost its soul in the area of serving it clients. I only fly AC because I did not have a choice this time, I only fly it because it was for this destination the only real choice. Next time West-jet here I come!

Air Canada Customer review :  15 August 2013 by Mark Marshall    (USA)

Flew Air Canada on July 16 from Charlottetown to Toronto on AC8859 and was very disappointed with the service. The flight attendants are rude and clearly have lost any passion for their jobs or customer service. There was no flight entertainment and I wasn't able to use my headphones so I could be "aware" while taking off/landing. Any food or beverage is at a cost.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 August 2013 by H Henri    (Germany)

YYZ-ZRH, AC878. Always delayed with unfriendly staff. The planes are always full of trash because passengers bring their own food. This is a result of Air Canada not supplying food/snacks inflight. If flight is cancelled, the passengers satisfaction is not the top priority of the airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  13 August 2013 by P Desouza    (Canada)

The entertainment system in Business class on the 777 from Vancouver to Tokyo (AC003) is antiquated. Passengers were mostly using their own devices including watching their own programs on their smartphones rather than the clunky semi-functional TV screens in their seats. Selection of entertainment options was sparse. Even less choice than some domestic flights within the USA. Business class food was sub-standard. What they offered as braised chicken was literally over-boiled chicken dumped in grossly flavoured tomato sauce that they tried to pass off as masala, with wilted boiled broccoli. Simply disgusting and inedible. It is a shame, because the cabin staff put in a great effort, but they had to work with third world standards of food and cabin amenities.

Air Canada Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Mary Ellen McLaren    (UAE)

Toronto to Venice, via Munich on 5 Aug 2013, connecting flight to Montreal then on to Munich. On the flight to Montreal we boarded, sat in a very hot plane for one hour, then told we had to disembark and be re-routed. We where re-routed on a plane going to Munich, but were only told this 5 minutes before boarding, in another terminal. Staff were very rude. I will add that one person that was polite and helpful was the lady who issued our boarding passes. She was genuinely helpful, and we appreciated her polite behavior.

Air Canada Customer review :  12 August 2013 by L Walshe    (Canada)

AC 271 from Toronto to Winnipeg on an Airbus 321. Flight was over 2.5 hours late and in fact arrived after the following flight! Seat looked good but was very hard. I was on a reward ticket but can't imagine paying thousands for this low level of comfort. Better to buy a full row of seats in the back if you want comfort. I've also got no clue as why AC decided to replace the great seats that the 321 used to have and replace them - there was nothing wrong with them! The food and service were very good. It was nice having a hot meal on a rather short leg. Would I recommend? Not if it's an Airbus 319/320/321. The Embraers are much more comfortable if you can get one.

Air Canada Customer review :  8 August 2013 by J Wang    (USA)

June 8th, boarded flight AC27 at Vancouver Airport. Waited for the plane to take off at 10pm for Beijing, China. Unfortunately, this trip became a nightmare, due to poor planning, organization and customer service. For majority of us, a supposedly short connection in Vancouver became an overnight drag. 40 minutes after we boarded, we were informed that we had to move to a different airplane. Waited for 2 hours, from 10 pm to midnight, only to be told that the pilot had reached their limit of fly time. Told we had to stay in Vancouver overnight. All passengers had to claim checked-in luggage back and go through Canadian Customs. When passengers tried to raise questions to boarding staff at the gate, the staff were rude and impatient. No one was helping with directions. Passengers were lost and confused. Throughout this process, we heard no sincere apology. If you ever plan to fly Air Canada, I strongly urge you to re-consider.

Air Canada Customer review :  8 August 2013 by Jones David    (Spain)

Awful experience at check in for a flight from Toronto to LaGuardia. Used automated check in kiosk and went to bag drop, no queue so was happy. Was asked if machine had printed baggage tags which it hadn't, so we were told to go to the normal queue. The queue was long but took a lot longer due to only 3 check in desks open with slow service. We were in the queue for an hour just to hand bags over. What is the point of having the kiosks if they are no good? This is supposed to speed up the process but all we did was took time using them when we had to do the same again at normal check in. Many pax complaining and were handed cards with an address to complain to. Nobody used bag drop the whole time we were there! After check in came US pre clearance that was fine, and then the long and slow security queue, almost another hour. We got to Toronto Pearson at 10.15 for a flight departing 12.30, and made it with about 10 minutes to spare! Flight itself was fine, nice crew. Careful if choosing to fly from Toronto with Air Canada, get there really early and be prepared to wait.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 August 2013 by A Manto    (USA)

First time traveling this airlines and 2 out of 2 flights were delayed due to airline maintenance issues. I missed both connections due to the delay and needed to fly much longer to get to where I needed to go.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 August 2013 by Ali Aquino    (Canada)

AC1254 from Toronto to Cancun July 21-28, Air Canada's practice of overbooking inconvenienced me and my child. Snarky ticketing agent said that if I wanted seat I should have paid to pre select. No apologies whatsoever for their overbooking practice. After waiting in suspense they gave us separate seats, not a good idea with children in case there is an emergency. That is not all, although we got seats, Air Canada left our luggage in Toronto. Never again will I fly Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 August 2013 by B Rouve    (France)

What a shame. Flew Toronto - Seattle. Out of the 3 toilets, 1 was out of order and another one was partially broken. On a more than 5 hour flight, only water and coffee are complimentary. You also have to pay for checked bags. Because the plane was late, they offered the earplugs otherwise you have to pay. When you buy your ticket, they do not inform you that US immigration and customs procedures are in Toronto, before departure. We all know that this can take some time that should be added to the usual +- 2 hours buffer. If you have another choice, do not fly with them.

Air Canada Customer review :  31 July 2013 by Shiva Sitaraman    (USA)

LAS-YYZ on July 25. Service was very good with friendly staff on board. While there was on-demand audio and video, the quality of the sound was poor as were the head sets provided. Overall a good experience and certainly better than US airline companies.

Earlier comments for AIR CANADA have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).