Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  6 December 2013 by P Gill    (Canada)

Frankfurt to Toronto. Positive: Customer service was efficient and courteous, spacious, clean and comfortable aircraft. Negatives: Horrible food - absolutely atrocious - We were served a hot meal shortly after departure, and because the flight was booked, they ran out of different meal options, so by the time they served the back of the cabin, not only was the food cold, but we were not given any meal options. Apparently there was a chicken dish available, but we were served a disgusting pasta Bolognese dish. The roll was stale, and the side was some form of potatoes which had been reconstituted from potato flakes. Apparently others on the flight had similar issues with the chicken dish which tasted like rubber, and a salad which had wilted. It was extremely disappointing, and I did not eat any of it. Later on, we were served Air Canada's 'signature' tortilla/wrap by Monty's, which also tasted horrible, and is worse than a pizza pocket. The meals and food in general were terrible, and I pretty much went the entire flight without eating anything. I hope that Air Canada revamps their meals and offer healthier options instead of meals that look and taste worse than 'TV dinners' or those you would get from a can. I understand that many individuals have varying dietary requirements, and allergies, but perhaps Air Canada should invest in a dietician or nutritional consultant to encourage healthy eating on the go while meeting the needs of their customers.

Air Canada Customer review :  5 December 2013 by B Allingham    (Canada)

We flew with Rouge from Toronto to Coast Rica Liberia. We upgraded our seats for more leg room it was still very uncomfortable. Not worth the extra money! The plane seemed old and over crowded. We have used Air Canada for the last 15 year and all fights were great. Very disappointed!

Air Canada Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Hirani Sima    (UK)

Las Vegas to Toronto, flight AC1854 and from Toronto to London Heathrow, AC868 on 2nd Dec 2013. Just arrived back and I am still so angry with the Canadian staff. Has not left a good impression. 1st flight was delayed which meant transit was a rush and rather than helping, all the staff just shrugged their shoulders and rather than helping, blamed us! We were sent in different directions and one even told us that we going the wrong way but they would not tell us where to go - just said or more shouted 'read the signs'. The first and last time I will travel with Air Canada. Inflight entertainment was temperamental as well.

Air Canada Customer review :  4 December 2013 by M Kroeker    (Canada)

Traveled with a group from YWG-YYZ-DFW in Economy. Slight delay in YWG due to weather, but they made up time and only arrived 15 mins later than scheduled. Easy connection and on to DFW with AC Express, fantastic crews both ways, clean and comfortable E75's. Return departed DFW early and into YWG on time. Excellent experience, crew were all friendly would gladly travel with AC again.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 December 2013 by S Klass    (USA)

Newark-Toronto-Sao Paulo. I was impressed with how punctual Air Canada was on these two segments. In fact, it was announced at EWR, it would be likely we'd even leave early. Arrivals at both points right on time. Onboard, cabin in the E190 felt much more comfortable than the 777-200 down to Sao Paulo. Cabin crew were efficient and polite on both sectors though not particularly warm on the longer overnight. Except for the Brazilian crew member who was all smiles and bubbly. Seat cushioning was a little hard and made it hard to sleep comfortably. Service quick, meals average. Crew were present throughout the flight with water runs. I liked that there was On demand IFE even on the shorter segment but what isn't fun is how long it takes to fast forward the numerous ads to get to what you actually want to watch. Coupled with a slightly outdated interface and laggy response - you almost feel like not using the system at all after a while. However, the selection was pretty good and varied. Time for an upgrade though - faster and higher res screens would be great.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Jeremy Brown    (UK)

I was flying Business Class from Ottawa to Montreal, with an onward Business Class connection to Fort Lauderdale. For the first time, I downloaded my boarding passes to my iPhone. I arrived at the 'bag drop' 45 minutes prior to departure. Admittedly at the point which Air Canada operate a 'cut off' of no more luggage. I had difficulty providing the electronic boarding pass, so the extremely unhelpful 'attendant' pointed out my luggage could not be 'checked in'. No attempt to locate the booking at her desk, no attempt to help me. 'Shameful on Air Canada' to employ unhelpful staff who seem to get pleasure from turning customers away. Reassuring for Air Canada and their shareholders that their staff have very little consideration for passengers, especially those paying premium cabin fares. I will never fly Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Arul Muthukumarasamy    (USA)

Nov 30th, YOW-YYZ. Nov 30th, YYZ-SEA. Such a poor service at the check-in counter. They have a couple of staff helping folks to drop off their bags and 3 staff members checking-in passengers and 4 staff members checking-in priority passengers. The regular passenger line was the longest and they took about 15-20 mins to check-in each passenger with 2 check-in bags. I stood in line for 40 mins - I was nervous about missing the flight. I went to priority check-in staff and asked if he could help me as my flight was in 60 mins. He was hesitant but the staff member next to him said "go back to your line" in a rude tone. They should definitely learn to speed up their process, better yet, learn some manners along the way. We do not expect great customer service, but just do the job in the right way.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 November 2013 by T Ruggles    (Canada)

YEG-YYZ, Oct 2013 and YYZ-YEG, Oct 2013. Both segments were on-time and overall great experiences. The IFE is top- notch, staff service was great and overall a very professional service. But a little frustrating that people that upgrade with points get service before people that pay for the ticket. When I was flying to Brazil it was not this way.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Keith Plezia    (Canada)

I am currently still at the airport. We were scheduled to fly to Calgary today at 8 am. We arrived at the airport 45 minutes prior to departure. We were told that the flight was closed and that we would have to be put on a later flight. They charged us an additional $150 per person to get on the later flight. That flight was delayed 3 times. We try to find an Air Canada employee several times in order to try to change our travel arrangements but no one was interested in speaking to us. No one was able to tell us why there was a delay. We did not know whether it was weather or equipment related. The level of customer service we experienced today is brutal. Any other for-profit business would be fail if they provided this level of customer service. I will never fly with Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Wendy Tan    (USA)

My son/college student booked a 7.30 pm flight from Rochester, NY to Montreal, QC via Toronto, 11/26/13. Arrived at airport at 4 pm, found counter unattended, told that flight had been canceled. No notification via text/email/phone call. So stranded at airport. After several phone calls - with him calling and waiting over 1/2 hr to be connected, then calling me for advice, and me in California trying to help him, I got on the phone. After 1/2 hr, got connected and agent said nothing can be done and that my son's rebooked for next day. They wouldn't rebook on any other airline w/o Air Canada flight numbers, even though United and USAir are partners in the Star Alliance. What I'm most upset about is the no notification of cancellation - agent checked and said system shows "text not sent". He talked to supervisor and found out that the system attempted to send a text to my son at 2 pm when the flight was canceled, but the text did not go through. For such an important notification as a cancellation, and you don't attempt to reach customer.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Neil Follett    (Canada)

I have been travelling with this airline since I moved to Canada 13 years ago. The staff remain 'frumpy', 'dealing' sandwiches, seats unsuitable for a 6'3" rugby player. Invariably its gates are miles from the concourse. The check-in staff rarely appear pleased to see you. I was flying AC on Black Friday (when power failed on the eastern seaboard). Diverted into Montreal, there were the BA and Air France staff marshalling their passengers to coaches to take them to their overnight hotels. Air Canada? When we eventually found someone all they shouted was "get inventive on your cell phones people'. Having slept on the floor, the next morning the AC bookings system was down and would be "for 24 hours". I paid for another flight. The food is boring, expensive and often stale.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 November 2013 by J Racine    (Canada)

We flew from Paris to Montreal in the newly reconfigured business class and were amazed. We loved the new seats, so comfortable, modern and top of the line. Service and food were a delight, they've come a long way.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Louella Seely    (Canada)

I recently travelled from Calgary by Air Canada. to Salt Lake City through Houston, Texas. The flight attendants could not have been more helpful and pleasant. My connection at Houston was tight. Unknown to me they arranged for me to move to the front of the plane so I could be one the first to get off. I was in a wheelchair. The airport worker in Houston dropped the ball and did not take me to my next gate as arranged. As a result I missed my connection and had to wait until the next day to get to Salt Lake City. Air Canada had, I felt, gone out of their way for me.

Air Canada Customer review :  25 November 2013 by N Grande    (Canada)

Just flew on Air Canada Rouge to LAS. I have to admit I was very disappointed. The service was awful, the aircraft was old and dirty. The crew young, and the announcements were too familiar and did not sound nice. The flight was 4 hrs 50 and all that was offered was a buy onboard meal and bar. That's it! One time in the cabin, 40 min before arrival they offered water, and only water. I expected more, however you get 10 times better service on Air Canada main line. Given the choice, I'd avoid Rouge!

Air Canada Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Allison Jarrett    (Canada)

Flew from YYC-EWR-YGK-YYZ-YYC. Flight left on time. It was 60% full, mostly people on business but for me it was vacation. Got some apples and some noodle soup. The soup was salty but fine and the apples were surprisingly good. The inflight entertainment system was good and tons of choices. Flight from YGK-YYZ was a 1-1 configuration which was different and no drinks served but only a 50 minute flight and no flight attendant or cockpit door. Flight from YYZ-YYC was an A320 and same entertainment system but the flight attendants gave all the kids on the plane ice cream and cookies left over from the Executive Class passengers.

Air Canada Customer review :  22 November 2013 by Riffon Pierre    (Canada)

We have travelled twice with Air Canada Rouge on flights AC1810 and AC811 (A319) to and from Cancun, the first and the last time. If you are tall, impossible to fit in, the seat pitch is the smallest, 29 inches only. Being an Air Canada Super Elite members for more than 20 years, we were quite disappointed that the usual Air Canada comfort was simply not there. We can accept to pay for food and alcoholic beverages but to be so squeezed that it is not acceptable. If you look to seat pitch offers by Air Canada rouge competitors, this is the smallest one. Moreover, you have to bring your own tablet for viewing films ans pay 5$ for viewing them! Never again.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Greg McCaffrey    (Canada)

AC from Winnipeg to Shanghai in Executive First. First segment was in E190 from Winnipeg to Vancouver, Ok seat and the food and service was good. Second segment from Vancouver to Shanghai in a 767-300 with pod seating. The seats were great! Very comfy and infinitely adjustable. Food was good to very good, entertainment system was great, and all the cabin attendants went above and beyond to make sure you enjoyed your trip. Very personable, outgoing, and helpful. Air Canada, you have ruined me for all lesser forms of travel!

Air Canada Customer review :  7 November 2013 by Srdjan Vujosevic    (Canada)

Repetitive poor experience with Air Canada flights to and from PHL. Latest issue in regards to canceled flight AC/ZX 7369. It took more than 2 hours for US Air staff and multiple misinformation for passengers (that we will all be re-booked on next flight, that they did not have training on Air Canada systems and similar). In any case, my spouse had similar issue on the flight from Toronto to PHL in June 2013. So this looks like a pattern. Not impressed and certainly low marks for customer service and customer experience especially with flights from and to PHL.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Todd Hill    (Canada)

Toronto-Paris-Toronto. Boeing 777-300, chaotic boarding, barely on time, doors closed, everybody strapped on their narrow pitch less seats waiting at the gate for a quick push-back, delayed 45 minutes to reset "the entertainment system" video on demand. Captain apologized for delay, promised to everyone in the cabin to step-up on the pedal all the way to Paris to recover that senseless waiting on the tarmac to restore a sub-par VOD programming. Despite the common westerly strong-transatlantic tail-winds captain managed a full hour late on arrival in Paris. Food and deserts distribution in economy, as always 10-15 min prior to "drinks" (I must admit "clever" cost-savings). Food quality poor at best, including a sort of a snack consisting of a long-expired and tasteless pizza. For years on now they are serving this "successful" pizza wrap. Service in a hurry without any suggested options or alternatives given to passengers, reluctance on helping or accommodating passenger requests out of their own- robotic work-routine. On the way back I asked a male flight-attendant what's wrong with featured Flying Map on the VOD that doesn't seem to work at all. The answer: no worries the pilot knows its way to Toronto, witty I must admit, but that didn't address my request.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 November 2013 by Jonathan de Witte    (Canada)

Flew economy class from Toronto to Vancouver and back a week later. No free snacks or meal on the plane - just drinks offered a couple of times and some water. Had to pay extra $75 for an overweight bag (over 23 kg) and only allowed 1 bag plus two carry on's. Some servers were clearly not loving their jobs. Rough turbulent approach to Toronto - mind you it was windy. Overall not the best flight(s) and will never fly with them again.

Air Canada Customer review :  30 October 2013 by Bali Nitin    (USA)

YVR-LAX. Flight AC558, Oct 28 2013. We choose Air Canada to fly to YVR for our 5 days vacation - first and last time. Worst customer service we received. They changed the timing of the plane without notice and when we got to the airport all they could tell us is that they sent us an email and if we didn't get it then it wasn't their problem. Manager was called to help us but after listening to our problem he told us that we could pay $75 per person if we want to go on an earlier flight. First of all they change the flight timing without notice and then instead of help all they show is attitude.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by N Nelson    (Canada)

First trip on Air Canada Rouge, Cancun - Toronto, October 26. Was interested to see how this new airline looks up close and was surprised at how awful the FA uniforms look in person. The colours are not flattering to any skin or hair colour, the bowler hats are ridiculous, and they just look downright cheap. The skinny hairbands don't help either. The FA's are very young and void of personality, they have no senior co-workers to emulate, and it shows. They look lost. They hardly spoke to the passengers and I heard one passenger comment as we left the aircraft, that was the quietest flight crew they ever experienced. The aircraft is bare bones, the bulkhead doesn't even go up to the ceiling, so you are constantly looking into the galley. The seating is so tight, a 29 inch pitch, it should be illegal in the name of safety. Got off the flight and on to an Air Canada mainline flight to Vancouver. What a difference! The FA's may be older but they look experienced, professional and confident and seem to be enjoying their jobs. I guess it's true, you get what you pay for, and Rouge is paying peanuts to these kids. The airfare was no bargain either, so in future will avoid Rouge at all costs.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by M Gordon    (Canada)

YVR-YYZ and YUL-YVR I had a great couple of flights and AC continue to improve their service. Breakfast in the Lounge was great in Vancouver as was lunch in the lounge in Montreal. The FA were a friendly crew and very attentive. In particular, a woman serving us on our flight back to YVR was great. I appreciated the selection on the IFE and they made the 5 hour flight go by quickly. I fly AC regularly and the staff seem much happier these days. They even switched aircraft from a 320 to a 321 as they has so many passengers heading to Vancouver.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by J Busworth    (Australia)

YVR to SYD, Jan 24 2013, Flight was delayed from 23.45 to 02.45 so forked out $50 for Maple leaf lounge which was utterly disappointing. The flight attendants were the best I've come across on a round the world trip. There was a good selection of inflight movies and airshow map was also good. Food was horrible and worse than some low cost carriers. The seat was comfortable and have good legroom. Would fly again.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by S Luu    (Canada)

Flew Vancouver to Toronto after doing a whirlwind trip which included flights on United, Hawaiian, and New Zealand Airlines as well and found Air Canada to be better than United but nowhere near as good as Hawaiian or New Zealand. Flight attendant was not helpful, she wasn't rude, but she wasn't any where near friendly. She would just stare at you until you said something then stare at the next flyer, not even acknowledge she had heard correctly then started handing out drinks. A simple, "What would you like miss/sir?" is all that is required but that was too much for her. Customer service is important to me and when it lacks, it severely diminishes my views on the product quality of a company.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by J Chang    (Canada)

Flew YVR-HKG return Executive First in September/October. Both flights were really comfortable with flat seats for sleeping. Services were also good on the plane and at check-ins, but the food on the plane was really bad. The airport lounges served better food than on the plane! So feed yourself in the lounges before boarding!

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by M LaPrairie    (Bhutan)

AC002, NRT-YYZ. Dated cabin. Rushed service. Indifferent attitude. What can I say? Who needs flight attendants in J class telling you that you cannot have your meal a bit later after the regular service? A crew member in my aisle said no, dinner is now. After I politely said that I'd rather eat a bit later (13 hour flight), she replied, ok, you can wait, but it might be cold. She then proceeds to unfold my tray when I am away from my seat. Unfortunately, she didn't put my tray completely flat being in such a big rush to keep to her schedule and not wanting to disturb her routine”so, on the first use of my knife, my entire tray goes flying, sending food into the guy across the aisle from me. There I am, on the floor, picking up bits of food and apologizing to my neighbor. Not good. Honestly, when you book a couple days before departure and your ticket (one way) costs US$6,200, you can eat when you want. Old, outdated audio/visual. Main meal looked like the dogs breakfast. Never again.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2013 by Kathleen Douglas    (Canada)

Long distance flight to London, the TV did not work nor did the reading lights in our section of the plane so we sat for 9 hours in the dark. On the way home we were offered salmon or beef meals, but the salmon ran out almost immediately, nd the plug on the armrest for sound on the TV was blocked. We were offered 5% off our next Air Canada flight in the next year as compensation. The overall impression is they just don't care.

Air Canada Customer review :  26 October 2013 by M Baya    (Canada)

Flew to Calgary on Oct 11 with a connecting flight through Vancouver, with no major, glaring problems. Flights were on time, even a bit early. I usually fly with WestJet, so I'm used to friendly flight attendants. Boarding this flight was quite a shock. The flight attendant at the front of the plane had a scowl on her face and didn't reply when I greeted her. Later, during the in-flight service, the same flight attendant asked me if I wanted pretzels. I said "no, no pretzels, thank you" and she didn't offer me a drink at all. I had to her co-worker for a drink, and she looked annoyed that I asked. Cleanliness of the cabin was so-so. The floors were clear and there was no garbage in my seat pocket, but the window I was sitting next to was coated in what I assume to be facial grease. Delicious. I'm currently preparing for my flights tomorrow, and they have both been cancelled and delayed and now I have a layover in Vancouver for several hours. Even though Air Canada is offering other flights to my destination at an earlier time with several available seats, they refused to change my flights. I booked my flights a day early to avoid missing mandatory engagements at my final destination due to many of my friends flying with Air Canada and sharing their horror stories about the service and cancellations/delays. I think its sad that a supposedly professional business can operate in such a manner. Air Canada needs to take lessons from WestJet or CMA on how to manage their passengers and timing schedule if they want my business again.

Air Canada Customer review :  24 October 2013 by R Poole    (Canada)

YYT-LHR, 11 Oct 2013 and LHR-YYT, 21 Oct 2013. Both segments were on-time and overall great experiences. My only complaint with AC is the lack of legroom in economy (I'm 6'2), but I've come to expect this. The IFE is top-notch, staff service was great and overall a very professional service. It was fun to cross the Atlantic in an A319.

Air Canada Customer review :  24 October 2013 by H Hoskin    (Canada)

Toronto to Varadero. If you are tall, 5 ft 10 and over and a little fluffy you will not fit in the seats. I am short 5 ft 4 and not fluffy and I was cramped, the seat in front of me felt like it was only 12 inches away from my face. I can not even think of booking Air Canada rouge for my family to fly anywhere as my hubby and son are over 6 feet tall. If you want food, entertainment, Wifi or a beer all cost and payable with Credit card. My return flight was an hour and half late with no explanation, I had a customs form that needed to be filled out and since we left at 11.45 at night it would of been nice to get that form at the start of the flight not at the end of flight when I was woken up and not had my brain intact. The darn seats are cramped, for me to purchase again on Air Canada Rouge it would have to be a flight of last resort. Never again.

Air Canada Customer review :  23 October 2013 by D Riddell    (Canada)

Travelled from Vancouver to Asia and back. Transited through Tokyo. In Vancouver the boarding announcements were made in Japanese first, followed by Canada's 2 official languages. When I asked at the check in counter they said that the official languages should come first, but maybe today was different. Sat in one of the premium seats, an exit row seat for more leg room. At 6'3" and 220 lbs I need it. Headphones did not work so pushed button for attendant. Waited a long time and pushed again. The steward showed up and said "You need something", not in a pleasant way, but kind of annoyed. Mentioned the problem. He got me another set of headphones, they did not work either. His response was to move to another seat, and started to walk away as I reminded him that you pay extra for premium seats - he did not care. Service was not good. On the way back the service was better.

Air Canada Customer review :  23 October 2013 by N Raven    (Canada)

YVR-LAX mid-day, on an Embraer 190. Everything about this flight was smooth and efficient. The plane itself is worthy of comment: smooth, powerful, yet quiet. The newish light-construction seats were very night and afforded me a lot more foot room. Air Canada's inflight entertainment is the best I have encountered. The service staff were young and correct. The only part of this AC experience that was poor, as it has been on other trips, is the check-in procedure. It was chaotic, with most passengers not certain which queue to join (Check-in, Bag Drop, Ticketing, Self-Check-in) even after they checked themselves in. AC needs to fix this. The fix is easy: have one person out front directing passengers.

Air Canada Customer review :  21 October 2013 by W Foster    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge, if this is the future for Air Canada someone else better step up to be Canada's national carrier. The only thing about it that is interesting is the paint job. It was the maiden trip to Cancun and I was actually excited to see what all the promotion was. That died off when I tried to sit in my seat. I figure a man at 5' 11" should be fairly average and thus should be able to fit comfortably. WRONG. The seats are crammed in there, there are no electronics in the seats whatsoever so bring a book or be ready to dish out money for old movies or sitcoms. The staff are friendly and polite but some of the 'hip' ways of communicating just don't fit the world of flying. I'm in a plane, in the air far above the ocean, I want to feel just a touch more professionalism. Air Canada only changed what they had to, look at any part of the plane with a touch of detail and you'll see that it's just a gutted plane with very basic changes. The worst part is that by the looks of it, Rouge is set to take over more and destinations come 2014. Guess I'll have to drive to Pearson airport so I can fly with anyone else vs using a connector with Air Canada. Sorry, but not impressed.

Air Canada Customer review :  21 October 2013 by T Lau    (Canada)

AC9076, Sep 28, 2013. I had a business class ticket from Amsterdam to Toronto, hub through Frankfurt. This leg of the flight is operated by Air Canada's Star Alliance Partner, Lufthansa. Apparently for flights within the EU, there is no differentiation between business class versus economy, because when boarding time came, this was an absolute 'zoo'. No pre-boarding announcement for business class ticket holders, and no priority boarding. So, my conclusion is that if you're flying within the EU, at least on Star Alliance flights, they'll take your money for business class, but treat you just like 'cattle class'. Shame on me for expecting something different.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 October 2013 by John Attersley    (Canada)

Flew Halifax to Goose Bay on 11 October, flight was slightly delayed but time made up. Flight cabin staff good and service good. Return to Halifax via St. John's on 13 October, both flights very good and cabin staff on both flights very personable and pleasant - a nice change. Tight connection in St. John's but no problems.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 October 2013 by P Roberts    (USA)

October 14, 2013 took flight 847 on 777-300 from Munich to Toronto and then flight 787 from Toronto to Los Angeles later that day. Flight 847 was on a new "High density" 777-300 with 10 abreast seats resulting in narrow seats and reduced pitch to 31". I am 5'10" tall and 170 lbs and the height that aircraft seats were originally made for. It was impossible to reach down and get things from the floor without getting up and bending over. The price of this flight was not cheaper than others and Air Canada did a bait and switch, changing the configuration after I purchased the ticket. The cabin crew did their best . The galley for the 400 seats in economy was very small. The food was almost non-existent. Air Canada has the worst food for an international flight I have had. The second meal was a heated wrap, essentially a "hot pocket". Inflight entertainment was new system on this plane and was quite good, but the second flight had a slow outdated system. Overall service good and AVOD good, everything else terrible. Flight 787 was an Airbus A320. Bad AVOD, only two bathrooms for economy. Turbulent flight so when not turbulent, long lines for lavs. Service Satisfactory everything else not. Hopefully Air Canada will get new 737 MAX equipment with 3 lavs in the rear for these medium haul flights. The Pearson Airport transition with US customs is terrible. Would be better just to have customs in final destination. Canada is not the USA, so what benefit is it for the consumer to spend 2 hours of their layover in customs rather than eating and relaxing after Air Canada's horrifying service.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 October 2013 by S Alex    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge - Great cabin crew, terrible seating space. I flew from Toronto, Canada to Varadero, Cuba and back. In both directions the cabin crew were excellent and that is where all good about Rouge stops, because no matter what these great people do, they can not solve issue with lack of space between the seats. Airplane type was A319 and they had 31 raw of seats which basically means no leg room at all. Anyone close or above to 6 feet or 180cm should avoid Rouge flights. Seating pitch on this plane is 29 and this is for flights to Caribbean. After 3.5 hours of flight you will not be able to get out from your seat because of pain in your back and legs. It is so tight between the seats that in my view this is security issue since in case of the emergency people will have extreme difficulties to quickly leave the seat. When it comes to entertainment system, there is something called wifi and that has to be paid 10 $ but it did not work, so I can say is it worth or not, other than this there is no other option. When it comes to food and drinks non alcoholic beverages including coffee and tea are free, how ever quantity is limited to one or if you are lucky two drinks at the best. Food and liqueurs can be purchased but for that you will need credit card as cash is not accepted.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Stewart Walford    (Canada)

YYZ-LHR-YYZ. Both flights arrived on time. Cabin crew friendly. Good in flight entertainment system. Food OK. Check in staff really good. Price better than Air Transat. In short, Air Canada staff seem to have ditched their bad union attitude and, combined with other flights to YEG and FLL, is winning me back.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Neil Orchard    (Canada)

Flew YYC-YEG-YOW then YQB-YYZ-YYC. Outbound trip was awful. Flight was full of kids and very loud. Staff did absolutely nothing on both flights. On decent to Ottawa flight descended very rapidly, flight crew did nothing and there was no explanation for why this happened. Return trip wasn't as bad but still horrible service. Flight was delayed in Toronto for 30 minutes due to crew problems. Plane was a very old A319. Staff were rude and air con didn't work at all. Delayed landing in Calgary by 45 minutes.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 October 2013 by M Randall    (Canada)

October 5 2013, LGA to YYZ. We booked our flights over 3 months ago, my husband, 8 year old daughter and me. When we arrived at LGA to check in 3 hours before our flight, the AC counter representative forced us to check in at the kiosk, even though there was nobody in line at the counter! I usually do the kiosk thing but given we had a lot of luggage, our child has a broken arm in a cast and we were tired, I just wanted to deal with a live person. She refused to check us in at the counter and instead assisted us at the kiosk. She then told us we couldn't have seats together as the plane was full. Not an ideal scenario travelling with an 8 year old child! She said there was nothing she could do. She scolded me for not having checked in online 24 hours prior. I explained to her that was impossible, as we were in the middle of the ocean on a cruise and she said oh well, and shrugged. What fantastic customer service! Only fly AC as a very last resort.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Melissa Chow    (Hong Kong)

I flew Air Canada a couple of times recently to Vancouver. It was a very enjoyable experience. The staff are very efficient at their work. In serving the meals, they are very quick to serve as they have 4 people serving, two for the meals, and two later for the drinks. After the meal is done, we didn't have to wait for long before they came to pick up the trays. I would take Air Canada for long haul flights. Air Canada's service is excellent!

Air Canada Customer review :  10 October 2013 by B Kuhn    (Canada)

We paid regular fare thinking we would be flying from Toronto to Venice on Air Canada but were on Air Canada Rouge. We will never fly with Air Canada Rouge again, the plane was very old, there was no entertainment, we had to buy our wine and the seats were extremely cramped. We were very disappointed as international flights are usually very pleasant, not with Air Canada Rouge.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 October 2013 by R Wiegmann    (Germany)

Flew in Business Class from FRA via YYz to BNA. A/C from FRA was a 777, already before take off the crew advised that the IFE was not working. They tried a couple of times to re-start it and finally 2 hours before arrival it got done. Things like that happen but no apologies or compensation was offered for a 6000 USD flight. Food was average to low and the crew was rushing through the service with no smile. Bottle of white wine was clearly open for a while, the glass was taken away and after my comment about the bad taste no more wine was offered, nice way of solving that problem. Transfer in YYZ was easy and good and shortly after boarding the CRJ for Nashville the plane was grounded for technical issues. Had to run to the other end of the airport to get a spare plane 2 hours later and had to wait in a small waiting room with no water or communication on what was going on. AC needs to realise that there is a choice in air travel and that sometimes a smile can make a big difference.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 October 2013 by J Thompson    (Canada)

I fly to Greece twice a year, and book on a regular flight, going through Frankfurt. But, in August of this year, had the chance to try Air Canada rouge. I paid the same price as a normal flight, and got far less than usual. 1) Plane was old, and cold. 2) There was no air control system above the seat. 3) Staff were less than friendly. 4) Cold food, tea and coffee. 5) Poor entertainment. 6) I had to interrupt a steward using his phone, to ask him to put more toilet paper in the bathrooms. 7) I asked for an extra dinner roll, as the pasta was terrible, I was told they did not know if they had enough to go around, even though the flight was not full, I never got the dinner roll. 8) The plane was not very clean. 9) Although I paid the same price as a regular flight, I still had to pay for wine. I will never fly AC rouge again. My flight home from Athens was a regular flight, and I almost felt guilty with the attention I received. The staff are more mature, and know how to communicate with customers. They go out of their way to be available at all times. Their presence is comforting. I will continue flying AC, but only on regular flights, even if it takes a little longer to get to my destination. By offering AC rouge, you have only embarrassed yourself, but have taken a few steps backwards in customer service.

Air Canada Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Patrick Handrigan    (Canada)

YYZ-YYT. Wonderful service! The cabin crew were extremely helpful when my Air Canada gift card wasn't working. They gave me my meal for free. The flight was great and the cabin crew together spoke 6 different languages. Thanks for another great trip Air Canada!

Air Canada Customer review :  3 October 2013 by David Gallant    (Canada)

We flew Air Canada from Saskatoon to Honolulu via Vancouver. Flight on Air Canada Express from Saskatoon was delayed 1 hour due to supposed thunder storms in the area. Most of the passengers thought it was a faulty red light as there did not appear to be any weather in the area. Flight was very good and we arrived in Vancouver a little late. On both flights the service was excellent. Check in at Saskatoon was very quick and efficient. Flight to Honolulu was one of the best we have ever had. We enjoyed our preferred seating and the Air Canada Lounge in Vancouver.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Pascale Moreau    (Canada)

AC793, Rome-MTL, Sep 15th. For the last 12-24 months, our many experiences with Air Canada have been nothing but disappointing and far from a world class transporter standard. Both my husband and I are frequent flyers ( I personally take an average of 20 flights a year with Air Canada in North America or Overseas). I don't think it is normal that I have to clean the cabin (remove the cookie crumbs, food) off my seat which is filthy, stained, clean the walls covered with spills and put my blanket on the seat to avoid having to change my clothing when I am heading off to a meeting. Those are things I had to do on my flight from Rome (and the same from Geneva, London, Paris) The last flight from Rome. The audio system was not working, my tablet was broken and the overhead light of our entire row inoperative. We had paid for Business tickets and were standby, so I paid an extra for preferred seat so I could have room for my injured knee, the leg room was fine but I can tell you that the experience wherever you sit Economy or Business, it is always the same: prepare a few napkins and sanitizer so I can have a decent place to sit before the flight. Staff had a condescending attitude!

Air Canada Customer review :  2 October 2013 by C Richard    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge: Venice to Toronto,Aug 24th,AC1907. It is the first time I have ever sent back the main meal. The pasta was rock hard and tasted like cardboard. They wanted to charge for the wine. I complained and the steward gave it to me for free. The service was barely there. Very few service rounds to pick up garbage. The seats were uncomfortable. Do not fly with this airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 October 2013 by L Zahn    (Canada)

We flew Rouge from Toronto to Athens on Sept 8/13 and returned on Sept 27/13.There was no on board entertainment, or controls for airflow. I now know this was disclosed on their web site but this was not disclosed at the time I purchased our tickets. The food was awful. The "hot snack" consisted of a dry wrap in a box which was horrible. There was a large box under the seat in front of me (any many other seats). This meant I had very little leg room and for such a long trip it was very uncomfortable. The washrooms were dirty and there weren't enough of them. The cabin crew were trying to be friendly and did their best but I would not choose Rouge again.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 October 2013 by P Walsh    (Canada)

Flew on Embraer 190 from SFO to YVR, and have to say that the FA was absolutely the best I have experienced. Service was top notch. Had no problems with the inflight entertainment system either. If you are going to be flying executive first on EM190, try and book a seat on the left side of the cabin since you will have the half of the aircraft to yourself.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 October 2013 by Mike McElhone    (Canada)

FCO-YYZ, Sep 25th. Instantaneous check-in, quick security, very good food, 20 minute luggage arrival and an incredibly good crew. We have flown over 200 flights in the last 10 years on 14 airlines and this was the best crew ever. The premium seats were a bargain.

Air Canada Customer review :  30 September 2013 by M Steve    (Canada)

YYZ-KIN-YYZ. Flew Air Canada's discount division, Rouge, to Kingston. Flight was packed on the outbound and boarding was chaotic due to passengers returning with copious purchases and multiple suitcases and carry-ons. Flight attendants are all new hires and so lack most of the basic skills expected of them. I purchased an extra leg room seat in one of the first four rows. Be aware that KIN check in agents will fill these seats with mothers and babies, if you think you're getting a bit of respite. For purchase food selection was missing the healthy items inbound and outbound. Return flight was delayed 45 minutes when customer traveling with parent and 7 relatives including 3 newborns had not made proper arrangements for oxygen and crew struggled to deploy the onboard oxygen, using FA manuals to sort out the issues. Lost connection meant 3 hour wait and midnight arrival in YOW. Rouge is not Westjet. Comments from customer, below, about her YUL to Athens flight neglected to mention that it, too, was a Rouge flight.

Air Canada Customer review :  26 September 2013 by R Mortara    (UK)

YVR-LHR. I decided to return to the UK direct, rather than via Europe. Plus points: flight left on time and arrived early, even with a short hold before landing. Also Air Canada has a 3x3x3 configuration on its 777-300s, rather than the 3x4x3 used by many other airlines. Leg room is ok, but I found the seat was getting uncomfortable after a few hours. Other aspects left me wondering how this airline is classed as a 4 star airline. Check-in was quick but with no smiles. Even one of the staff at the gate was almost rude about the darkened spectacles I have to wear. On board one of the cabin attendants shrugged her shoulders when I asked for a blanket, their was only a pillow on my seat and she was chewing gum whilst handing out breakfast. At least I did get a blanket, after asking one of the other crew members. No hot or cold towels, only one drink at a time, show how this airline skimps on the things others provide as a norm. The food is poor as well. My special meal was provided but it was tasteless. 'Continental breakfast' comprised a small muffin and a small container of fruit - insufficient for a flight of 9 hours duration. The AVOD was ok with a wide choice available. I may well go to Canada again but will avoid Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Philip Rubenstein    (Canada)

YYZ-NRT-YVR using B777 / A330 in Executive First. Trip started off nice enough, but ended in a cancellation and a forced delay of 1 day. I flew off peak hours, so I benefited from a quick check-in with a personable agent. The YYZ-NRT boarding was the usual rush of pax. It would be nice if AC moved the priority lane to one side and it was better labelled so people don't accuse priority boarders of pushing in the line. Not a full flight so FAs had an opportunity to take their time and provide decent service. Food and beverages better than usual and overall, I have noticed AC has shown some improvement in its food quality in the past year. Unfortunately, the wine selection is still hit and miss. The seat showed its age and was well used. The IFE selection was boring, and I resent the forced commercials. It was a good flight and I was able to catch a few hours of sleep. The problem was with the return flight. It was cancelled due to equipment issues. It happens, but it seems to be an increasing scenario at AC. The AC response to the issue was disorganized and slow. Personnel tried their best. The end result was hours wasted at the airport until AC sent Pax off to a hotel. Communication was poor. The concierge in NRT was professional, although it took some time to get an answer. The lady in YVR who assisted was also professional, and kind. Unfortunately, the replacement flight the next day was also beset by equipment issues as the air conditioning system wasn't working well and the cabin was stuffy and hot for the flight to YVR. However, FAs on this flight were the best I have had on AC. I seem to be encountering an increasing number of equipment issues and delays with AC. I have only recently started using the airline again on my long hauls, and I am not particularly impressed by this aspect of its operations.

Air Canada Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Donald Carmichael    (Canada)

I rarely take this airline and on September 12, 2013 from LGA to YOW I know why I avoid this carrier whenever possibly. Stupid decisions in difficult (weather) situations are not usually typical of A 4 star airline. I travel weekly in North America and I would rate several domestic carriers far superior. Over priced, costly flexibility and staff that at times act condescending does not equate to a top rated airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  23 September 2013 by B Gagne    (Canada)

LAX-YYZ upgraded to executive class. Number 1 staff in the industry. AC still holds standards high for FA appearance. This crew was most professional and looks the best in North America. Keep it going AC and you will get awards for North-American airline, on top of your international awards. IFE didn't function in my seat, staff however did everything possible to keep me comfy.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Johnny West    (Canada)

NRT-YYZ on Sep 16. There was a supposedly a typhoon in Tokyo so flight was delayed 2 hours. I think the food is getting worse since my last flight! One of the offerings was a mini sandwich with simply cucumber and mayonnaise. The apples for breakfast did not look fresh. They were brown already so it was not appetizing! Air Canada's IFE is good, lots of good movies to choose from! Cabin crew is where Air Canada really need to improve on their international flights! Although at least 70% of the crew were very pleasant, there are some of the older ladies who just seemed like they were above it all. One hostess was emotionless, when distributing food, she just put it straight on our table and left.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 September 2013 by A Agustin    (Canada)

AC Jazz and Express from YTZ-YQB via YUL was a breeze in spite of heavy fog and two cancellations, the ground staff at Billy Bishop Airport was very helpful and respectful to passengers. AC Jazz from YQB to YYZ was smooth and the flight attendants were great. It was a smooth and pleasant flight back to Toronto.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Marc Keller    (Switzerland)

Took Air Canada on our flights from Zurich via Toronto to Mexico City and return, all business/first: On long haul flights over the Atlantic (both ways). Entertainment system broke down regularly on both Atlantic flights (several restarts necessary for the whole cabin). No coffee or tea on overnight flight for breakfast (customers were very happy about that). Headsets are fixed to infrastructure - cable in my face. Both toilets in business class with no water for handwash after 2 hour flight. Seats and surrounding not very clean. Meals: just the absolute necessity, but not an inch more! Compared to Swiss, Emirates, Singapore or Lufthansa business class: not worth the money and real hygiene problems!

Air Canada Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Vlad Alexeyenko    (Canada)

Latest flight YVR-YYZ. Flight was overbooked (as usual) therefore it took awhile before I got my seat. No food despite the fact it is a 4.5 hour flight. Airplane was old, seats were not leather. No complaints about the crew. TV screen in the seat in front, so that was good. Ticket price - $335 OW, if purchased RT - no discount. Barely any legroom.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 September 2013 by J Samuels    (USA)

San Francisco-Vancouver-Tokyo-Calgary-San Francisco, 8/25/13-9/7/13. Absolutely terrible experience with this airline. The agent in San Francisco was extremely rude and unfriendly to all the passengers she served, including us. The flight attendants, particularly on the return flight from Tokyo, were also rude to passengers, to the point of eye-rolling with polite requests for drinks. I fly often and have not experienced this degree of rude service both on the ground and in the air in many years.

Air Canada Customer review :  13 September 2013 by R Gamba    (Canada)

Flight from YYC to IAH in Executive Class was just OK. Food was horrible but the flight service director did his job well. Flight from CUN to YYC in Executive Class was one of the best flights I've been on. The food on this segment was much better but what made is so great was the cheerfulness and helpfulness of the flight service director. Drinks were always topped up and staff made sure everyone was comfortable and asked if there was anything else they needed even though it was a full flight. A pleasant surprise from Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Kaye Neicho    (UK)

Had a very good experience flying from London Heathrow to Toronto via Chicago on 23/8/13. Everything from booking the flight, customer service before flight and during flight, checking in, boarding aircraft, comfort on board, good connecting service and the same on direct return flight, everything was great. Competitive price as well.

Air Canada Customer review :  12 September 2013 by N Sabir    (USA)

I fly regularly on the Boston to Toronto route and Air Canada always disappoints. On my most recent trip, I tried to check my bag in at the gate which I have done many times before) because I didn't want to have to lift my bag into the overhead bin on the plane as I am 7 months pregnant. I was told not to do that since the bag was small and there was plenty of space on the plane and someone would help me. When I got on the plane and asked the steward if he could help me put my bag up in the overhead bin, he took a look at my bag and asked 'Is it really that heavy?'. He told me a passenger would help me! Just downright rude. They always seem to set the bar for the worst customer experience, whether it has been when I have missed a flight, or their policies with respect to gate checking strollers and car seats. They are by far the worst airline to travel with children.

Air Canada Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Catharine Kalafatis    (Canada)

Terrible flight to and from Greece. Freezing cabin and rude stewardesses. Food worst I have tasted. Seats very uncomfortable, asked for blankets and was asked if I was sick? We had exit rows and they would not turn down the air conditioning. The entire plane was freezing. Then when we arrived in Montreal to connect to Toronto they said the flights were cancelled and they would have to see what they could do the next day. My son had taken another flight and was left waiting at the airport in Toronto for us. They were not willing to help or guide and people were scrambling to try to get out on a flight that evening to Toronto. Every year we say never again, this experience was the last straw.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Stephen Brunette    (Turkey)

ADB-IST-YYZ-YUL return in economy on 14 August. First flight on Turkish from Izmir, code share. Even though a code share flight, they couldn't give me my AC boarding passes and told me my luggage would go through to Montreal, but I had to check in at AC in Istanbul. Too many people, scheduled to be an A320, switched to a A340 at last minute, leading to delays leaving Izmir. Arrived in Istanbul, we were taken to a remote stand and finally bussed to the domestic terminal. Dashed to the international terminal, reps for AC were waiting, all smiles and no problems, got my two remaining boarding passes. Massive line at immigration control to leave. I went to the front and asked some people if they would let me go ahead as my flight had already started to board. Just made it to my flight to Toronto. Once on board, a perfect as a flight in economy could be. Excellent flight attendants, professional and friendly. Drinks then a wonderful meal of lamb. Plenty of water runs, snack part way through, self service drinks and snacks in galley. Another meal 1.5 hrs before landing, chicken, again excellent. B767 had been refurbished, excellent seats, comfortable and entertainment system first rate, with plenty of choices. Bags didn't make it to YYZ, Turkish Airlines fault, but AC was very good about getting them to me in Ottawa to my hotel 2 days later. Transfer to YUL smooth, good short flight. Return flights again on AC from YUL-YYZ-IST on 23 Aug very good, great service by caring crew as outbound. Equipment change again in IST to ADB, on THY code share seat changed. Flight short and ok. Overall, Air Canada has a great product, as I have flown this route over the last 10 years using Turkish Airlines, Air France, KLM and Lufthansa. The price I paid was cheaper then the rest, the flight attendants are what made the difference, so nice and accommodating, as well as good food for economy. I will keep using AC now that they are flight to IST from Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 September 2013 by O Perera    (Australia)

Flew from Toronto to Sydney on 7th September. Flight left Toronto at 8.25pm. We were in transit in Vancouver which was 4.5 hrs flying. What we were offered for dinner when we boarded in Toronto was a snack which had to be paid. Then, when we arrived in Vancouver all our cabin luggage had to be taken with us and reboard the same plane to the same seats. This was really inconvenient from the passengers point of view. By the time we were served a proper meal was 2.30am Toronto time. Toronto to Sydney, just the flying time was 20 hrs. That kind of a meal service for such a long flight is not acceptable.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 September 2013 by M Gordon    (Canada)

YVR-YOW-YVR. Breakfast flight to Ottawa on an Airbus 320. I had breakfast in the AC lounge and it was good, the wireless needs to be upgraded as it was very slow and the YVR wireless was much faster. Our FA on the flight was very attentive and the breakfast service was excellent. Delayed 45 minutes landing in Ottawa due to a thunderstorm. On my return journey I enjoyed my stay in the lounge with good food and a glass of quality wine but again the wireless was slow and I gave up using it. The return flight was an Airbus 319. There was only one FA with us in the front cabin and she did the best she could being short handed with a full cabin. She was friendly and otherwise I enjoyed my trip. The meal was excellent and she offered a special liqueur service which was appreciated by many in the front cabin. My other suggestion is that on the IFE you get more documentaries, old comedy TV shows and classic films. These must be reasonably inexpensive. Because I travel so much with them, I sometimes run out of choices. However, for both I paid an executive class fare and I got good value for what I paid.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 September 2013 by Jane Coney    (UK)

19th Aug, London to Toronto. Flight was fine, though staff seemed too few and too busy to deal with passengers. The next leg 5 days later we checked in for online Toronto to Los Angeles we were asked to pay for our cases to check in $75 not expected. The flight though was very poor. Our return trip on the 2 Sep from LA to Toronto was just as bad, but the Toronto to London was the worst. Too many people getting on with oversized bags and being allowed too plane was very over crowded. also our inflight entertainment wasn't working in any of our 3 seats the staff just shrugged their shoulders and handed out contact details for customer service. The plane was old and dirty, we will not be using Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  9 September 2013 by F Hryn    (Canada)

YXE-YYZ-DUB-CPH, CPH-YYZ-YXE in economy. Paid an excellent price for this route. Flight to Toronto uneventful, good service, flights on time. Air Canada is my first choice for transatlantic flying but after 2 flights in my itinerary I will definitely reconsider, especially the one to Dublin. It's not that the flight was uncomfortable, the entire experience was just average. Flight attendants seemed uninterested and the plane was probably the oldest in the fleet. The arm rest of my seat had something that looked like industrial-strength foil holding parts together. I think this flight is over-looked since it is a seasonal route. This route is also being transferred to Rouge next year so maybe it'll improve. CPH-YYZ absolutely no problem, newer aircraft, friendly flight crew. Boarding at CPH was somewhat interesting - over 200 people left to sit in the hallway and departure lounge only opened shortly before boarding. YYZ-YXE, late leaving YYZ due to an issue with the cargo door. No problem - safety first. Next time: Lufthansa!

Air Canada Customer review :  9 September 2013 by Em Vittorio    (Canada)

I flew YYZ-WAW with a stop in FRA. The YYZ-FRA portion was operated by an AC 777-300 aircraft. This was on July 23, 2013. I was happy with the service I received. I did on-line check-in and printed my boarding pass prior to arriving at the airport. To print my baggage tags, I went to the check-in kiosk, but the kiosk unfortunately did not want to print out all my tags, meaning I could not go to the quick express bag-drop queue. This wasn't really a problem though, because as a Star Alliance Gold customer, I can use the quick Executive Class check-in queue to drop off my baggage. Check-in agent, Heather, was very nice and friendly! She actually gave me individual attention to the fact that my baggage should be labelled as fragile. I then went past security and with a friend, I went to the Maple Leaf / Star Alliance Gold lounge. Lounge had a calming and not too busy atmosphere, very pleasant and recommended! The flight itself was great! Cabin crew were attentive (although not the very friendliest AC cabin crew I have encountered but still very good), and the in-flight entertainment options were actually, I think, the best part of the flight. My pre-ordered vegetarian meal came quickly, and in general, it was a good flight!

Air Canada Customer review :  6 September 2013 by N McCrohan    (Ireland)

AC 895, Dublin Ireland to Toronto. Good check in staff. Flight on time. Booked Air Canada ahead of other airlines. Expected good service as the National Carrier but was very disappointed. Food not up to much and cabin crew did not make much of an effort. They seemed quite bored. Return flight AC894, Fast check in and very courteous. Flight was awful due to weather conditions. Food very boring and small portions. Breakfast was a slice of banana bread and juice / tea / coffee. Planes are very old on this route. Air Canda will have to up their game next year when Aer Lingus start operating! Certainly no value for money.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Carole Ruxton    (Ireland)

Flight on 22nd August 2013 Dublin to Toronto and return on 30th August. Cabin crew very grumpy. Food okay on outward journey. Films okay. Interior of cabin grubby. Wasn't expecting that from AC. Return journey encountered bad weather, food service was delayed a considerable time due to safety issues so when it finally arrived it was hardly palatable. I noticed a lot of unfinished meals going back. Banana bread for breakfast hardly constitutes a meal. Toilets were very grubby and towel bin held closed with masking tape which eventually fell down. I will not rush out to fly with AC. I will fly Aer Lingus next time.

Air Canada Customer review :  5 September 2013 by S Paice    (UK)

LHR-Toronto-LHR. Day flight from Heathrow wasn't too bad. Check-in painless, lounge ok although the time from 'go to gate' to 'closing' in departures is ridiculously short. Inflight, meal was ok - child's meal was well received, adult's meal perfectly ok and served promptly with additional drinks available on request. Only downside was the bassinet wasn't available. IFE ok when it worked, although it needed re-booted at least 3 times. Return flight. Check in at Toronto an utter shambles, check in online, but to get to bag drop you need to print out all your bag tags. This would be fine, but their system can't cope with a booking including an infant. Thankfully the desk agent took pity on us and printed them out. Toronto lounge pleasant. Inflight, pretty terrible. AC seem to persist with ancient aircraft without winglets, so turbulence is amplified meaning the seat belt light on most of the trip. No food service during 'turbulence', so meal service took hours and the lights were left on so neither of the children (or us) slept at all. Asked for lights to be dimmed and 'we can't dim them' was the reply. Didn't get a drink before food, due to the apparent turbulence cutting short the drink run, and the never came back until 'breakfast'. At least I got dinner eventually, unlike the poor folk at the back, who waited at least 3 hours. 'Breakfast' was a slice of banana bread and the kids got a bran muffin. Asked for a diet coke to try and wash it down, got 2 fingers worth and some ice. Pointless and not at all filling. AC would have been better with a light snack for dinner (given we took off at 10pm) and a decent breakfast. Some of the staff were quite friendly and chatty, but it couldn't describe a truly miserable flight. I could only really describe it as 'United in disguise', expected far better from AC. Luggage showed up though, and we arrived in once piece and on time so a couple of marks gained there.

Earlier comments for AIR CANADA have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).