AirAsia Passenger Reviews and AirAsia Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

AIRASIA Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Yihwei Law    (South Korea)

Travelled KCH-KUL with AirAsia and KUL-ICN with AirAsiaX (Fly-thru). Happy with their efficient and no-nonsense service. Baggage went all the way from KCH to ICN. Flight departed on time (as with most other flights I have taken with AirAsia). In-flight magazine was quite an interesting and informative read. Pleased with the courtesy of the crew. Also the Captain greeted disembarking passengers which is excellent.

AIRASIA Customer review :  21 October 2014 by K Porter    (Australia)

We flew from Denpasar to Perth yesterday and will never fly this airline again. We checked in several hours before our flight and were disappointed to find that we had been given seats in two different rows (my husband and I were flying with our two kids). Obviously we had hoped to sit together as a family but thought "oh well, it's not the end of the world". We boarded the plane and realised that we were not only in different rows but in 4 different seats. We were absolutely gob-smacked that an airline could put a 2 year old on his own! When we waved down the air hostess and explained that our son who had just turned two could not sit on his own she told us that the flight was full and we would have to take our dedicated seats. I told her that our 2 year old could not possibly sit on his own and she suggested that he sit on my lap instead. Pretty disappointing when you paid for 4 seats. Just when I thought things couldn't get much worse the food trolley came around and after placing my order for a hot meal for myself and my two kids I was told that they only accept cash and not card. I didn't have any cash on me (I had actually tried to withdraw cash at the airport but the ATM was out of order) so they told me I was unable to order any food. I said that there must be some other option as my kids were hungry and surely there was something they could do but they did not help at all. My poor kids basically spent the whole flight crying with hunger and they wouldn't even give me a bottle of water (as our water had been taken off us at the airport by security). I was basically in tears by this time and finally a kind passenger gave me $10 so I could buy something for the kids to eat. I will never fly with this airline again.

AIRASIA Customer review :  13 October 2014 by L Evans    (Australia)

Out of the 9 Air Asia flights I took in May and June 2014, 5 of those flights were late by more than 40 mins. Another bug I have with Air Asia is that they do not notify passengers of flight changes, dates etc. They simply change itineraries and let passengers find out themselves. I have flown with them for 7 years and I'm losing patience at the way they do not care for passengers who support them. They are not cheap anymore. Scoot are far more reliable and a similar price ex Sydney. Once my pre-booked flights for 2015 are used, it's bye bye to Air Asia, for me. Too little, too late! 50% good is not good enough!

AIRASIA Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Rebecca Mason    (Australia)

Our very first experience with AirAsia and we are totally pleased. Our family of 8 flew from Johor Bahru - KL, so a quick flight. Check-in was smooth, however, we arrived early and it was quite sometime before the check-in counter opened. The waiting area at Johor Bahru is just adequate. However, the flight itself was smooth and efficient, getting us to KL on time. As it was such a quick flight there was no time for inflight entertainment or food & beverages. I would highly recommend AirAsia. Value for money was excellent.

AIRASIA Customer review :  9 October 2014 by B Stokes    (UK)

Hot Seats

Having flown many times with AirAsia we are really amused by some of the critical comments about this airline. Having flown dozens of times in SE Asia, and might we add that we always fly Business Class for our long haul with another airline, we find Air Asia short flights excellent. If you choose to fly long haul on a budget airline don't expect first class service. Air Asia does what it says on the tin. They are punctual, good value food, wed upgrade our luggage and seat when you book and crew are always pleasant. Petty comments about no entertainment on a 1 or 2 hour flight takes some beating. As with Ryanair follow their rules and you will have no problems.

AIRASIA Customer review :  23 September 2014 by L M Choong    (Malaysia)

Delayed for almost 20 hours without food, water and accommodation in Kansai airport. It was a midnight flight. No announcements to update status until 3 hours after departure time. Handled the exit and collection of luggage in a messy manner. Worst airline that io have ever taken. Unprofessional and doesn't care about passengers. Only having profit in mind. Didn't even care for passenger carrying sleeping child. They have to queue in a messy manner to collect departure card from AirAsia ground crew.

AIRASIA Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Erwin Leonardi    (Singapore)

Unpleasant Experience - flying with toddler with Air Asia. I flew with my wife and 4-year-old son from Jakarta to Singapore on 12 Sep 2014. Surprisingly, three of us were assigned to three different seats in three different rows. I asked the check-in counter officer to change the seats. However, he said that the flight was full and suggested I purchase seats in advance on my next flights. Some thoughts on this incident: 1) Is this Air Asia business model? Separating a toddler from his/her parents could PUSH the parents to purchase seats on the next flight. This is shown as an ads on AirAsia magazine. 2) Is safety Air Asia's concern? Separating a toddler from his/her parents raises a safety risk. Suppose an emergency event occurs. Who will help the toddler? Do you think a stranger sitting next to him/her would help him/her? Finally, I exchanged seats with other passengers. This definitely causes unpleasant for them. After this incident, I do not recommend a family with young children to fly with Air Asia unless they want to purchase seats.

AIRASIA Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Thompson Mark    (Australia)

Having returned from a 3 week trip around SE Asia flying 6 legs with Air Asia I have to recommend their service, aircraft, ground staff, cabin crew and pricing. We had the pleasure of flying Air Asia out of KL and Thai Air Asia out of Bangkok, HCMC and Phisanulok. On all occasions check in was quick and efficient with clear direction given, boarding spoken in English, seat allocation and comfort fine with ample space for the short haul flights, FA's were well presented with good command of English, flights all left on time, food and beverage acceptable with good pricing compared to other budget airlines, no IFE but most people talked to their partner the old fashion way of communication which made the flight seem short. Overall my wife and myself were very pleased we chose Air Asia to travel around SE Asia and would have no hesitation in booking to fly with them again.

AIRASIA Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Juraj Kovac    (Czech Republic)

Praya/Lombok to Kuala Lumpur (KLIA2) as a HiFlyer. I booked the Premium Flex fare to enjoy the extras, such as 20kg checked baggage and priority seating. Online booking is straightforward, if a bit annoying due to the many forced opt-out options one has to explicitly decline. Web check-in, however, started to be positively jarring: mobile boarding pass didn't work with a European cell number, the airport kiosk can't reprint an already issued boarding pass and the whole experience gets very frustrating very soon. Ground staff were helpful, but this is too little to overcome the system's shortcomings. Priority boarding is a myth at LOP, as there is only a single security line at the gate, which opened extremely late. That way, everyone finds themselves standing in a long line with no seating, while hundreds of empty seats wait inside the gate area. I ended up boarding among the last, just to fight for some overhead bin space and reclaim my assigned seat. FAs didn't really seem very engaged, and it took some doing to get their attention just to purchase a drink onboard. The flight was okay, but the general feel is of a barebone service.

AIRASIA Customer review :  7 September 2014 by D Lee    (Singapore)

AK759, Penang to Singapore, 3 Sep. Check-in for this flight was very good, barely queued for 3 or so minutes before the airline's agents checked us in. Boarding for this flight was not as organised as I would have preferred. Firstly, the airport mixed up the gates so there were a lot of confused passengers rushing to the correct gate. Secondly, the gate agents did not issue PA announcements so many passengers quickly rushed to the front of the gate counter in the hope that they'll get to board first, which shouldn't be the case for an airline that charges for priority boarding. Boarding was slightly delayed due to preparation of aircraft but the airline made up for the delay by boarding passengers through the front and rear exits. The flight departed Penang just a few minutes late, once airborne the crew came around quickly to distribute immigration cards and take orders for drinks/deliver pre-booked meals. Aircraft was a bit worn and tired - my seat pocket was ripped on the left side and passenger in front of me seemed to have trouble reclining. Nevertheless, seat was quite comfortable. Arrival in Singapore 10 minutes ahead of schedule and disembarked within 10 minutes of landing. AirAsia is ok for the price, will consider using them again for flights to and from Malaysia.

AIRASIA Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Nigel Findlater    (Switzerland)

Boarding was delayed 2 hours because of the incoming flight. This was ok we received vouchers. We boarded the airplane and just after the safety instructions we where informed that there was a problem with an engine. So we waited a further hour when we were informed that we had to disembark. So about 300 passengers left the airport received a coupon and started to queue at the 1 shop to get some food. After an hour of queuing the shop stopped serving claiming that they had run out of food and that we had to go to the other side of security zone to get some food. So we where directed to another queue which turned out to lead to a security check which took away all the fluids that we had bought and returned us exactly where we had started. We queued again to the shop. After an hour the police came and said we had to vacate the area. In both cases an Air Asia representative should have taken the trouble to inform us of what was going on. So then we had a further 3 queues each taking more than an our to pass passport control, get hotel vouchers and board busses. Air Asia obviously does not care about our holiday time, because if they had they would have canceled the flight earlier so that at least the passengers could spend an afternoon outside of the airport. Air Asia is fine when everything goes well. But when there is a problem they will rip the passengers off.

AIRASIA Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Nigel Findlater    (Switzerland)

I flew from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney. The flight was cancelled after we had boarded. We had to queue for hours for various things. Air Asia did the bare minimum to help.

AIRASIA Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Geoffrey Hudson    (Australia)

Flew Sydney-Kuala Lumpur-Bangkok on July 28 2014. The flight was on a budget fare but was on-time at all stops. Food on board had to purchased but quite reasonable. Customs clearance at Bangkok Don Mueang was also efficient. On the return journey in August my wallet was stolen at Don Mueang and Airasia held the plane for 20 minutes while their staff assisted with a search. As my wallet was not located, I was without cash when I arrived at Kuala Lumpur. I was very impressed when one of their staff gave me 20 ringgits so I could purchase a meal. Most impressive.

AIRASIA Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Tarafino Pasquale    (Luxembourg)

Flew from MNL-Cebu. One hour flight without problems in a new plane and plenty of legroom.

AIRASIA Customer review :  16 August 2014 by M Satish    (India)

Flew Air Asia India from Bangalore to Chennai. Check-in smooth and efficient. Boarding completed before time and pushback 10 minutes ahead of schedule. New and clean aircraft manned by an efficient cockpit and cabin crew. Landed in Chennai 30 minutes ahead of schedule. Looking forward to them expanding to more destinations within India.

AIRASIA Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Wai Kuen    (Australia)

Premium/Business class in the month of August, KL - Seoul, Busan - KL. Melb - KL, Sydney - KL. Recently, Air Asia tried to rename the premium class to business class. I found the word business class really misleading because it is not a business class yet, premium seat is more like it. Well, whatever name you call it, you cannot only book the "new business class" to and from Kuala Lumpur. If you are flying out to and from any Malaysia small city, you are blocked from booking the business class. The implication is that, the passenger need to purchase multiple itineraries and no luggage check through to the final destination. Why is Air Asia doing this? It is very inconvenient for business man like us when we need to rush from one gate to another and what more to say rushing to collect luggage and check in again. Imagine with the new KLIA2. One has to be really fit to do the long walk and keep the figure cross that he/she can locate the other gate safely. I travel a lot in the "old premium class", sometimes it is value for money when it is on offer. There is not much service and no entertainment, but it comes with free meals and luggage. It is not that exclusive anyway, economy class passenger can just walk pass you anytime anyhow.

AIRASIA Customer review :  12 August 2014 by A Bradley    (Australia)

I was informed via email that my flight had been changed from 4.20pm to 3.00pm, which was fine, but airport services were in fact terrible! Arriving at the counter at 1.15pm I asked the counter if there was a delay in our flight, I was told that there was no such delay for our flight and that our boarding time was at 2.30pm. 2.30pm came and went and there was no announcement made regarding our flight. There was no one at the AirAsia departure lounge counter, so I went to the check in counter and asked staff what our flight status was. I was then informed that there would be announcements. 3.00pm - no announcements. 3.49pm, still no announcements. 4.17pm, no announcement. 4.28pm, an announcement that our flight will be delayed 1 hour. 5.35pm, an announcement that the plane will not arrive until 6.05pm. 6.08pm, arrival of the plane. 6.35pm, boarding. 7.00pm on the flight I asked the flight attendant for my pre purchased comfort kit and was informed that they did not have any on the flight. As you can imagine after spending over 3hours waiting for the flight and being told that my comfort kit was not available I was mighty ticked. I know that there are circumstances that flight will be delayed and I understand that, but the lack of communication given to customers was poor. I had heard such good things regarding AirAsia, but after this and the cancelation of our Clark to Kalibo flight on the 14th of November 2013, I will be very hesitant and wary of using AirAsia again.

AIRASIA Customer review :  6 August 2014 by Mike Whitehouse    (UK)

We flew Kuala Lumpur to Singapore on 1 August 2014. Total cost was 927MYR (£171 or just 329 each). We were astounded at the high quality of the flight, the cleanliness of the aircraft and the friendliness and professionalism of the crew. Having paid a very low price (to us in England) we were expecting a below-Ryanair experience but this was anything but. Proper seats, seat back pockets, a wide range of snacks- this was far higher standard than Finnair offered on their Manchester-Helsinki flights. Will not hesitate to use AirAsia again.

AIRASIA Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Janet Andrews    (Italy)

Low cost flight, low cost quality. Flew from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney. Then from Melbourne to Singapore in April 2014. The second flight was cancelled at the last minute so obliged to take midnight flight. Hours standing in a queue to check in luggage. Seats narrow and uncomfortable. No entertainment. Food and drink expensive with little choice.

AIRASIA Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Iracha Tantiwongchaichan    (Thailand)

I flew DMK (Don Muang) - SIN (Changi) many months ago. Very good Low-Cost Airline. Recommend for the Low-Cost Ticket.

AIRASIA Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Edin Dzano    (Germany)

Flew lately with them from KUL to PEN and I loved the airline. I also pre-ordered their in-flight meal service, which was delicious and promptly delivered once on board. On return flight, the flight was delayed by 2 hrs. but I needed to be back in KUL on time, so I booked another airline on my way back to KUL. Later I exchanged a few e- mails with their station manager in PEN, so they handled my delay costs very professionally. All in all not a bad airline to fly with around Asia. Only negative side is that they use low-cost terminal at KUL, which you can not compare with a satellite Terminal.

AIRASIA Customer review :  1 July 2014 by William Lay    (Indonesia)

My 17 year old son and I were on a 43 day round the world holiday. While in Rome I was emailed that Air Asia 29 June 2014, QZ266, CGK-SIN. The whole trip is good. Staff were friendly. The seat was small with little leg room. The Inflight Entertainment isn't very nice.

AIRASIA Customer review :  1 July 2014 by S Hirshfield    (USA)

Flew Air Asia in June 2014 from Surat Thani to Kuala Lumpur. The Surat Thani airport is very small, you go down an escalator and walk onto the tarmac to board the plane. The plane boarded on-time and very quickly. The flight staff were still vacuuming when I boarded! They boarded the plane quickly and had an easy departure and easy landing. The distance between seats is really small. I am not a big person, but these seats are very close! They do recline, but not much. Not very comfortable for a long flight, but for a short flight you can put up with it. The price was pretty reasonable. They do charge for everything though. I paid extra for a seat assignment, one piece of luggage, and a chicken dinner. Total came to around $2600 Bhat, which is about $80 USD. For a short flight it was fine although the seats are not very comfortable.

AIRASIA Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Robert McElroy-Lawrence    (USA)

My 17 year old son and I were on a 43 day round the world holiday. While in Rome I was emailed that Air Asia cancelled 2 of our segments and replaced them with another 2. The first was only an hour delay so no big deal. However, the second one put us into SGN too late to make our connecting flight on to DAD. As soon as we landed in BKK I went to the Air Asia help desk and explained my problem. BTW, This is a Thai Air Asia flight. The 2 young staff members couldn't have helped me more. They understood my problem and did a great job fixing it. I've flown them several times and they're a first class low fare carrier. When they charge you for food and drinks on board, it's at a reasonable amount. They now only operate out of Don Muang (DMK) but there is a free shuttle between DMK and BKK airport. Great airline, great crew, in the air and on the ground.

AIRASIA Customer review :  21 June 2014 by M Boehm    (Australia)

June 7 2014, AK6110, KLIA2 - Penang. Boarding was ok although I didn't hear a call. The seat was small little leg room. It is ok for the short flight.

AIRASIA Customer review :  17 June 2014 by M Fallows    (Australia)

PER-DPS-PER. Positives were cost, clean aircraft and a good selection of flight times. However, I was concerned with the level of hygiene in the toilets. On both flights soap was not provided which essentially means that nobody was able to wash their hands properly which is poor infection control particularly when there are 180 people confined to a small space for a long period of time. Flight attendants and crew could be more clearer on the PA system as well. Food good but a lot cheaper if pre ordered.

AIRASIA Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Chris Tan    (Malaysia)

KUL-MNL-KUL. The airport where Air Asia international flights depart is supposed to be a domestic airport. My flight was at 4.20pm. I arrived at the airport around 1.30pm. Past 2pm, they were not still letting us in. The waiting area and check in area is still serving the earlier flight to Korea. They just have 2 check in counters and 2 immigration counters of a supposed to be international terminal. I am from the Philippines and I feel for the foreigners who were with me on this terminal. I hope Air Asia can transfer all of their international flights to Terminal 3. Will take Air Asia to Manila once they transfer.

AIRASIA Customer review :  29 May 2014 by V Peang    (UK)

DMK-PHN-DMK via FD 606 and 607 respectively. Flight was on time with a couple minutes late. Both flight was close to full as it was holiday week in Cambodia. Once again, nothing much to complain or pride. Except, I noticed the quality of ground crew and flight attendant going downward. Unfriendly and very unapproachable. I know this is a low-fare airline, however given the price paid for, at least a smile or "welcome aboard" is shown to the customers.

AIRASIA Customer review :  24 May 2014 by R Fitra    (Singapore)

LOP-KUL, 17 May. I checked in online and got the boarding pass. Since I had no checked-in baggage, I went straight to the immigration counter, which was very convenient and save a lot of time. The flight was delayed for 1.5 hours. Luckily the ground staff provided us with a simple meal. The flight was not full. I had the whole row to myself so that I could lie down during the entire flight. Of course the flight arrived late. The FA was ok. The seat pitch is a little bit short for me. I didn’t order any on-board meal as I just had dinner prior to the flight.

AIRASIA Customer review :  20 May 2014 by Michiyo Gibson    (Australia)

PER-KUL-HND in April with my 2 year old son. The flights were fine, on time and pleasant for the fare paid. However, two weeks ago received an email from Air Asia stating that my return KUL-PER flight 26 May has been cancelled - 'for commercial reasons'. Checking their website, this particular 0850 KUL departure for Perth no longer appears. So, they have just cancelled the flight because the were not enough passengers. As a result, instead of a 2 hour connection in KUL, I now have an 18 hour connection at KUL. No compensation offered or even interest in the gross inconvenience to passengers who have booked and paid on the basis of a reasonable connection. What can one do for 18 hours with a 2 year old child at KUL? Their customer service is simply mealy mouthed excuses and the claim that a stopover hotel is 'not within their service recovery'. Service recover for whom? Formerly loyal Air Asia customers. No longer.

AIRASIA Customer review :  19 May 2014 by S Klass    (Singapore)

SIN-DPS / DPS-SIN Travelled with my parents last week and had booked wheelchair assistance both ways for our trip. At check in at Changi, this was confirmed and my dad was well taken care of right up till he was seated. Cabin crew professional, organised and polite. Seat comfort was ok, legroom is tight but that was expected. Departure and arrival were both almost 40 mins late. Wheelchair was waiting after deplaning via stairs at Bali. (I did wonder how we would have managed getting my dad down had he not been able to use the stairs..) Fortunately he did and he was met by a friendly ground staff who took him all the way through. Bags were out quickly. Return from bali was equally efficiently handled. No problems with the wheel chair request and early boarding. All in all very impressed with Air Asia's professionalism and well run operation.

AIRASIA Customer review :  14 May 2014 by T Terry    (Malaysia)

Travelled with family on KL-Chiang Mai and thoroughly enjoyed the smooth and on-time flights. The pre-booked meals were ok and the crews service was well above average to my surprise. Entertainment - not applicable.

AIRASIA Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Stuart Robbens    (Thailand)

Return flight from Bangkok to Udon Thanni. The four members of staff at boarding gate were either sleeping or playing with their phones. None took any interest in the customers despite the flight boarding time coming and going with no announcements. On the return flight 5 days later the cabin crew failed to notice 3 extremely drunk passengers who I guess were automatically allocated online emergency exit seats! When I told the cabin crew about this they asked them to move and one of the crew later thanks me. I sat in one of the emergency exit seats and was given no extra information which was unusual as every time prior when seated on such seats the staff took the trouble to make sure I was familiar with how to open the door in the very unlikely event of an emergency.

AIRASIA Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Shannon Liu    (Australia)

I flew from Darwin to Bali on 21 April, and from Bali to Darwin on 25 April. That was our first time trying Air Asia and we will not try again. On both days, Air Asia was delayed for about 2 hour. There would have been no time to have the crew check the plane before it departed again.

AIRASIA Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Damien Simon Labric    (France)

7th May, from Jakarta to Denpasar Bali. Flight QZ7532. Every single time I flew AA the flight was delayed. They usually use a random excuse like "delay due to the late arrival of the aircraft". This time, 15 min before boarding I asked if the flight was on time. I was extremely surprised to hear that, yes, the flight was on time. 10 min before departure I enquired again as I couldn't see the airplane at the gate. Only then I was told that the flight was 2 hours delayed. As a pilot myself I know that staying on schedule is not always easy, but being late by that much, without having the ground staff to inform the passengers on PA, I thought that was extremely bad. They can't care less about their passengers.

AIRASIA Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Joe Hutchinson    (Australia)

Hot Seats

Had the worst travelling experience travelling to and from Sydney to Phuket via KL. Hated every minute of it. Appalling service from the minute of check in both ends. Do not waste your time nor paper checking in beforehand. Do not buy food on board (maybe chips would be ok). Will never recommend nor use again.

AIRASIA Customer review :  2 May 2014 by Tyler Nusbaum    (Malaysia)

Yesterday, I flew from Thailand to Malaysia. Air Asia charges extra for every possible option. I booked a "hot seat" which should have priority boarding. No priority was ever offered and I was stuck in a mad rush of people to get on the plane. I also pre-booked food. I saw the flight attendants bring food to several passengers around me but passed by me with the food cart. I had to call the flight attendant with the button and only after my boarding pass was inspected was my food served. The portion was inadequate to say the least. The bathroom was out of soap, and when I again used the call button to get out of sight flight attendant's attention, she explained that there had been many flight segments and that the soap had run out. No apology was offered although she did suggest I use the bathroom in the back. Trying to explain that the airplane should be serviced at every stop regardless of how many flight segments there are in a day was useless and she felt it was not her or the airline's fault that there was no soap. After about 45 minutes, the entire flight crew went to the back of the plane and closed the curtain while they read the newspaper and chatted. No one was in the front of the aircraft until landing. The floor of the plane had bits of trash all about. The worst flight I have ever been on.

AIRASIA Customer review :  2 May 2014 by Casper van der Walt    (Myanmar)

Flew with Thai Air Asia from Yangon via Bangkok to Siem Reap and from Saigon via Bangkok back to Yangon. The only major problem was when we had to check in a bag (15kg) in Saigon for a whopping US$72. It was more than I paid for my ticket. Service not bad, planes are clean, and FAs are friendly. Bought food for US$6 - extremely small portion and not worth it.

AIRASIA Customer review :  23 April 2014 by James Choochot    (UK)

Chiang Mai to Krabi. This is by no means a budget carrier due to their increasing prices. They were the only carrier to offer a direct flight, less than two hours (avoiding BKK), but at a cost of almost £300 one way for two people. Thai, Bangkok and Nokair all stopped at Bangkok. Nothing given for free on board, no entertainment. You got to pay for luggage and I couldn't fathom out how not to pay for their insurance! Better and cheaper fares offered with main airline carriers. Although the flight was straightforward.

AIRASIA Customer review :  22 April 2014 by R West    (Thailand)

Hot Seats

Air Asia, at first glance, looks like a great deal but beware! As stated by others on this site, they consistently block you from checking in online and pre-paying your bags. So, on a domestic flight from Phuket to Bangkok, instead of $330 baht per bag (about $10-11 US per bag), we had to pay a whopping $900 per bag (about $30 US per bag!) and it was their fault that we couldn't follow their procedure to check-in and pre-pay online. If you are sick (like I was) on the flight don't expect an air sickness bag in the pocket at your seat, nor a blanket, you have to buy the blanket. The flight was chaotic! There were toddlers running up and down the aisles screaming the entire flight with the flight attendants allowing it, never mind the danger to the children! In-flight entertainment? None. Spend the extra and fly a real airline.

AIRASIA Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Michael Brien    (Australia)

Air Asia Indonesia: Recently travelled from Perth to Bali and Bali to Darwin with Air Asia Indonesia. The airline and staff were fantastic from check in to baggage collection. Can't recommend highly enough. Paid for the Red Carpet option in Bali and this was well worth the $30.00 dollars. The lounge was great as was the complimentary food and drink. We flew with Qantas from Melbourne to Perth and compared to Air Asia they were sadly lacking.

AIRASIA Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Soumya Roychowdhury    (India)

Flown from CCU-KUL (LCCT) and back. Comfortable flight. As with any low cost carrier you could buy food and drinks on board. The flight attendants were nice and friendly. Only down side was lack of inflight entertainment and poor leg room.

AIRASIA Customer review :  15 April 2014 by M Denton    (Australia)

The worst airline in the world in terms of customer service. I booked a series of flights 8 months in advance. Air Asia moved one of the flights causing a connection to be not possible. Air Asia then refused to allow me to move the flights to fix the connection conflict they caused and refused to give me a refund. I wonder what happens if I take the flights and get stranded when one flight lands after the connection has already taken off?

AIRASIA Customer review :  14 April 2014 by S Grigoriev    (Australia)

KUL-SIN-KUL. Return flight to Singapore for a day trip. $40 return, so cant complain about the price. No issues with check in on both legs. Fairly new A320s, which for some reason had very old worn seats (maybe moved from their older retired aircraft). That is probably the only minor complaint. Cabin crew friendly and efficient, managed to serve meals and drinks and clean up on a very short 45 min flight. Both flights landed on time. Over all a good experience, would fly with them again.

AIRASIA Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Marc Stoiber    (Canada)

Flew Phuket to Chiang Mai, and got dinged nearly $60 CAD ($55 US) for a 20 kg bag. When I picked myself up off the floor, I asked the desk person if I could avoid this sticker shock on my return flight. Told to go to the website, check in online, and 'pre-register' my bag online. The savings would be 'significant'. So today, I did just that. Only problem - when it came to registering the bag, the website froze me out - even after multiple attempts. Simply couldn't register the bag, let alone pay a lower fee for it. When we got to the airport, I explained the situation. We had checked in online, so it was clear I wasn't pulling anyone's leg about trying to get things done on the website. But the check in person gave me the cow in a pasture stare, and charged me full freight for the bag again. I explained again it wasn't my fault - I'd tried to do what her colleague had recommended - but their website wasn't working. I then told my story to the person who took my money. Same look. So watch out! Bag charges are exorbitant, and going online to lessen the charge brings no joy.

AIRASIA Customer review :  7 April 2014 by S Fahmi Chan    (Malaysia)

KL to Kota Kinabalu. I was hoping for a more Malaysian style welcome, however I was not even shown to my seats. The cabin crew were fixing their hair and make up and chatting. I was not offended but in my 18 years of flying I have never seen such sight.

AIRASIA Customer review :  4 April 2014 by G Bemrose    (Australia)

DPS-PER. A320. Booked hot seats, row 14 exit row but would have preferred row 1 - not available. Also booked Red Carpet departure from Bali. I can't recommend this enough. A great treat to be personally escorted from check in, security, customs. Then lounge access. Although the shared lounge was very ordinary. No fault of AirAsia. When flight was called, we were again escorted through departure gate into private mini-bus to the plane. The rest of the queuing passengers seemed aghast to our VIP treatment but well worth ever cent. In fact the cost is minimal. On board meals were OK but limited breakfast are ordered Hotcakes. Flight attendants smiling and answering bells quickly but difficult to understand announcements as others have mentioned. Plane about 50% full. Many seats at rear from row 15 with people stretching out across. No cockpit announcements at all and late arrival by 20 minutes into Perth. Priority luggage off easily.

AIRASIA Customer review :  31 March 2014 by G Bemrose    (Australia)

Perth to Bali. A320. Booked hot seats row 1. Meal included but we weren't priority boarded as the website indicated. Crew friendly and helpful. Flight slight turbulence but arrived on time. New plane. Only hiccup was online check in with no luggage says we can go straight to departure gate but lucky we checked as you still need to go to web check in desk to reprint boarding pass. Plus many passengers in the wrong line up. One row for online web check and one not. Ground staff didn't appear interested that all passengers queuing all in one line. Signage was poorly indicating.

AIRASIA Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Sandesh Kshatriya    (Thailand)

Air Asia Indonesia. QZ8322, 21 Mar 2014, DMK-CGK (A320). Website check-in is convenient, check-in agents are good and smiling and oblige if you want to change to an Aisle seat. Boarding in DMK is Manual, and the staff check, recheck and re- recheck if you have boarded or not. Crew welcoming and point to your seat. Announcements so fast, no one can understand them. Safety demonstrations are very good and clear to the point. Food looks like it has been recycled on 2 or more flights, I had pre-booked meal (Pak Nassers Nasi Lemak) as I'm allergic to fish, however the meal included Anchovies. Again on landing the announcements were so fast that we all just looked at each other in a daze. Overall I will fly them again, but will bring my own food and water.

AIRASIA Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Sandesh Kshatriya    (Thailand)

Air Asia Indonesia. QZ8320, 23 Mar 2014, CGK-DMK (A320). Website check-in is convenient, CGK check-in agents are good and smiling and oblige if you want to change to an Aisle seat. Boarding in CGK is utter chaos and staff are in Go away Go away mode. Again, Crew welcoming and point to your seat (the Weekend uniform is extremely untidy it kills the image). Announcements again so fast. Safety demonstrations are very good and clear to the point. Food again looks like it has been recycled 2 or more flights, I had pre-booked meal (Satay with Asian Fried rice). Again no information that it contained Shrimp paste (I'm allergic to Seafood). On landing the announcements were so fast. Overall I will fly them again, but as I said in my previous comment will bring my own food and water.

AIRASIA Customer review :  24 March 2014 by D Moffitt    (Australia)

Departed Perth to Denpasar, return with the family. No delays on either flight. Service was standard budget airline, though much better than Ryan or Easyjet. My only complaint is regarding the unbelievably bad quality of the inflight hot meals. I pre ordered them to simply break the boredom for the kids and wish I hadn't bothered. Disgusting and simply inedible.

AIRASIA Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Stephen Britton    (Canada)

Air Asia, D7316 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, March 12-13. We have flown on airlines throughout the world and have never been on a worse airline in 50 years of flying. Kuala Lumpur airport is awful. When you ask if there are meals provided they say "yes", but don't tell you that you are required to pay extra. If you have cashed in your money because you are flying into another country, you are out of luck. We were 6 hours without a coffee, water, or tea. When we asked for a complimentary coffee, the flight attendant said, "No, we are a low cost airline". They nickel and dime you all the way. When you check in they ask if you would like to check your bag. Then hit you with a $30 charge! However, they let all kinds of over-sized bags on the plane, so getting to your seat is total chaos. Loading the plane is a joke. It is basically a stampede to the plane out on the tarmac, it is a total free for all on the tarmac.

AIRASIA Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Vithiea Peang    (UK)

DMK-PHN-DMK - Not much to write about frankly as this is a low-fair airline. Having their base in DMK airport is a strategic move away from the chaotic Suvarnbhumi. Make sure you booked earlier as the ticket will be almost as expensive as the regular cost airline given booking only a couple weeks ahead. Check-in both DMK and PHN is no problem. Though I seem to have problem with mobile online check-in from my last trip.

AIRASIA Customer review :  6 March 2014 by H Blumenthal    (France)

Hot Seats

Pleasant surprise! Even if check-in was somewhat chaotic (in Krabi), the flight experience was nice. Clean plane, comfortable seats and nice crew. Will fly them again and the prices are great.

AIRASIA Customer review :  28 February 2014 by Martinez Gregory    (UK)

REP-KUL. I must say that fares aren't that much cheaper than full service airlines, if you only book a few weeks in advance. There are a lot of additional fees, some of which are not avoidable. If you have to change your flight, you will get clobbered. Check-in was another problem. Their website says that international check-in opens 3 hours before the flight - not true. The check-in did not open until 2 hours before. Once it did, the queue did move at a painfully slow pace. The agent seem to have problems with every person checking in and had to call the supervisor over more than once for every passenger. I'd checked in online but not printed my boarding pass (as I had a mobile one sent to my mobile). This caused a lot of problems and needed the supervisor. Once through security, everything was a breeze. Organised boarding, great cabin crew, clean plane, comfortable seats and good food. I'd check to see how much you're actually saving before using Air Asia. If its enough, then book it.

AIRASIA Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Kenneth Jiang    (China)

Kuala Lumpur to Phuket. Really good value for money. Plane is new. Very punctual. Cabin crew are well trained and nicely dressed. Seat is fine. Food is inexpensive but good quality, and you can choose from a quite diversified menu. Boarding and disembarkation was organized very efficiently. Only inconvenience is you had to walk at KUL budget terminal for 10min from gate to plane through a shielded corridor.

AIRASIA Customer review :  19 February 2014 by W Tangjitjaroen    (Thailand)

Have flown with AA a few times, this time RT from CNX to PEN. On the way from CNX to PEN I had to pay for the first checked baggage twice just because I had a transit in Kuala Lumpur. You will never know where they are going to put you in the airplane unless you pay to choose seat.

AIRASIA Customer review :  17 February 2014 by P Finkbiner    (USA)

We flew Air Asia twice during our trip to SE Asia. I found the process of check-in well organized and tolerable. A low cost airline is going to have large crowds to manage and they did a good job. The seats are tight, but no worse than more expensive airlines. Ads are tedious, but I am sure these keep the cost down. All in all a satisfactory experience. They got us where we wanted to go efficiently and on schedule. Isn't that what a "Now everybody can fly" airline supposed to do?

AIRASIA Customer review :  11 February 2014 by Sia Lian Huat    (Singapore)

While at Singapore Changi Airport, it took me more than 2.5 hrs to queue just to check in. The AirAsia counters were grossly under staffed with 2 to 3 staff members frantically trying to process up to 4 or 5 flights of passengers. There was not enough staff to manage the queue, many passengers were fed up and started queue jumping. Many passengers were late to board the plane, not to mention time to shop the DFS stores. My flight to Bali took off an hour late. Worst experience I had with a budget airline.

AIRASIA Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Lokan    (Australia)

Hot Seats

Kuala Lumpur to Manila. Pre flight customer service was a nightmare. My flight was delayed before my trip, I was sent an SMS to be advised of this. I was offered an earlier flight, that wasn't going to work because I was travelling from Adelaide at that time. There were no changes made and they acknowledged there was no change. When I arrived in KL to check in, they inform me my flight was changed to the earlier flight. There was a lot of hassle and waiting but I was provided with my boarding pass. Flight was good, aircraft could do with some updating, but the flight was half empty which meant flat bed. Check in gave me a hot seat without paying for it. As soon as seat belt sign was off I went to sleep, staff left me alone and it was all good. Cant comment on food or how the service was, but as far as I am concerned in the air I got what I wanted. The selection of food is quite bland, I would prefer to just take my food on board. For the price it was not bad. When it comes to Staff service I have based it on the pre customer service as that's where I experienced most of the customer service.

AIRASIA Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

Three short flights on Air Asia, DMK-RGN, RGN-DMK, DMK-SGN. All flights via newish A320s. A little chaotic at check in for DMK flights but otherwise the boarding process was easy. Be aware though that they strictly enforce their carry on baggage regulations and I suggest you pay for a checked bag when you buy your ticket and carefully weigh it before check in. Plane interiors clean, comfort OK for short flight and service friendly but I hate the banner ads on the luggage bins. Checked bags were delivered promptly on arrival.

AIRASIA Customer review :  15 January 2014 by Sudiman Erwan    (Singapore)

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia to Jakarta, Indonesia. Value for money. No inflight entertainment. Food needs to be paid for with cash onboard. Terrible option for food. Seat is disaster. Nice airline to take for short distances due to economy value. Future travel will avoid this airline. Prefer Malaysia Airline.

AIRASIA Customer review :  14 January 2014 by K David    (Malaysia)

Delayed more than 3 hours on flight to Bali from Kuala Lumpur on 9 Jan 2014. Although the ground staff knew about the delay in advance, they failed to inform the passengers early - not only were we not informed at check in counter but only 1 hour prior scheduled take off time when we were at the gate. The airline changed the flight number causing great confusion and inconvenience for all passengers. No embarkation cards were also given out on board which is a normal procedure with all airlines. Air Asia maybe a budget airline but this does not give it a right to do what they want and as they please. Terrible experience.

AIRASIA Customer review :  9 January 2014 by G Beckenkamp    (Germany)

KUL-PDG and KNO-KUL. Always a demonstration for a quality product on the ground and in the sky. Good information from booking until departure, well trained and nice-to-look-at cabin crews, good flight-deck-info, good food and on-time. This airlines grows and grows and seems to have no visible problems with staff quantity/training, logistics etc.

AIRASIA Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Barrie Bell    (Indonesia)

AirAsia failed to get me CGK-JKT on Christmas Eve. All they offered was flight to Sydney and Melbourne - and make your own way there. Couldn't offer me a direct flight for 48 hours from KUL although MAS had spare seats.

AIRASIA Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Shoumik Datta    (Singapore)

We travelled from Singapore to Krabi by Airasia Thailand on 29th December 2013. I have to say that I am not pleased with the punctuality of the airline. We were delayed as the flight arrived 20 minutes late from Krabi. Delayed again on the way back to Singapore. However the flight was smooth and seats were comfortable for a low cost carrier. A strange incident happened as we were approaching the terminal in Singapore. We were all ready to leave the aircraft when the pilot announced that we would push back to another gate. The process itself took another 30 minutes. So overall, we were delayed by over an hour. But still, the flight was very smooth and good.

AIRASIA Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Michael Hollifield    (South Korea)

Air Asia Indonesia. KUL-CGK on 12/26 and CGK-SIN on 12/30. Both flights experienced delays. The first was due to arriving aircraft (two hours) and the second was due to ATC in SIN (boarded on time, but one hour delay on the plane). The seats were comfortable for the short flights. The legroom was also adequate. I'm 5'11" (180 cm) and I had a small amount of space in between my knees and the seat in front of me. That being said, for a long flight, three hours plus, it would get a bit tiring. I pre-ordered a meal which tasted fine. Unfortunately, it was on a flight that was delayed for two hours and departed after Midnight and I had already eaten the same meal unknowingly twice before. Definitely wasn't in the mood. The price is cheap, sure, but expect a two hour delay every time which means lots of waiting. For our flight KUL-CGK, there was no announcement of any delay until after the scheduled departure time (but they kept making announcements for other delays). Bring your patience for sure.

AIRASIA Customer review :  3 January 2014 by R Coumans    (Netherlands)

July 16th, Bangkok Don Muang to Phuket. Last year we arrived 20 minutes before departure at Don Muang airport in Bangkok (very difficult to reach during rush hour). There where several queues and we asked some Air Asia ground personnel if they could help. They helped us and about one minute before departure we entered the plain. Arriving in Phuket our luggage was also in good condition and well kept by the aircraft personnel. I think that Air Asia is worth the money.

AIRASIA Customer review :  2 January 2014 by William Lay    (Indonesia)

Airasia Indonesia. SUB-CGK. Overall the trip was good. The cabin crews were polite. But the staff service wasn't very good, when I entered the boarding gate, the staff hasn't placed the airport tax thing behind the boarding pass although we had paid to her. Because of that we should wait for minutes before boarding the aircraft.

AIRASIA Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Roshan Gunathilake    (Australia)

I flew to Singapore from Sydney with Air Asia last week. I regret flying with AA. Pre-ordered meals were of very poor quality. There was a only very limited selection of food available for purchase - only peanuts, chocolates, and fizzy drinks. The flight was freezing cold and I had to pay money to rent a basic blanket. No credit cards are accepted on board. If you pay in dollars balance is paid in MYR- another rip off! There were 2 small children about 10 and 12 years travelling with their parents, who changed their seats and moved near to a window just before we landed in KL to get a aerial view of KL. Many hot seats were unoccupied and were vacant throughout the flight and there was at most 20 min flight time left. The children were asked to return to their original seats by the flight attendant, as they were not entitled to sit in "hot" seats. I thought the way they said was quite rude. The flight attendants speak little English. They are careless. I think what they sell as business class is probably as comfortable as Qantas Economy.