AirAsia Passenger Reviews and AirAsia Customer Trip Reports

AIRASIA Customer review :  25 October 2012 by F Lee    (Malaysia)

KUL-LOP-KUL in October 2012. My first trip to Lombok, Indonesia. Took advantage of the launch fares (RM 88) and can't complain about the price for a 3 hour 1,200+ mile flight. LCCT was its usual mess but I have worked out my standard operating procedure so that I got to the departure hall in good time. Lombok international airport was a little better for departure but arrival hall clearance was slow. The flights were on time and uneventful. Typical AirAsia (AK) service.

AIRASIA Customer review :  8 October 2012 by J Halley    (Thailand)

CNX-KUL. Arrived at airport about 30 minutes before scheduled departure time only to find that checkin stops 45 minutes before and the automatic check in machine was programmed not to check me in as I was deemed late. I checked in at the desk without any problem without checked bags. Plane was late inbound but we made up the time on the flight south. Standard AirAsia service with reasonable cabin crew. Not their latest aircraft but interior in good condition. I was lucky to be off the aircraft quickly as the skies opened and there was a short, sharp downpour and anyone from the rear of the plane would have been a drowned rat as there is no jetway from AirAsia flights.

AIRASIA Customer review :  18 September 2012 by Ana Olivares    (Singapore)

3 hours delay on the flight Jakarta-Singapore. No information about what is going on, delaying every half an hour. Horrible customer attention, Service is awful.

AIRASIA Customer review :  10 September 2012 by Mickael Chia    (Malaysia)

The check-in at KLIA LCCT was chaotic. I took the 10pm flight from KUL to PEN on 27th August (after a very good flight on AirAsia Premium from SYD). I was already web-checked in with pre-paid luggage. The main check-in sign-board directed me to R52 - but when I arrived there it was closed even though I was exactly 2 hours ahead of departure time. Every queue was choked with people. I could not see any sign on the LCD screens for baggage drop-off. Every queue had the sign "Excess Baggage Payment" both on the board and at the start of the queue. I approached an usher who asked "What time is your flight?". She did not ask me "Have you web-checked-in?" and "Do you have excess baggage?". After about 1 hour I got to the front of the queue and dropped off my bags. After that I found out that I had been sent to the wrong queue. The was a queue for express luggage, posted with a waist-high sign, that had been hidden by all the queuing passengers. AirAsia is a real mess at LCCT. I have taken more than 50 AA flights, including KUL, PEN, JHB, SIN. KUL LCCT is shameful, a disappointment to what is otherwise a great Low-Cost Airline.

AIRASIA Customer review :  31 August 2012 by Arjun Kashyap    (India)

We flew BLR-KUL-CLARK in July-Aug and were pleasantly surprised at the level of service offered by AirAsia. We went in fearing worst after reading reviews about the airline and also about the LCCT in KL. However, we came back fully satisfied with AirAsia's service and the amenities offered at LCCT. You really cannot expect more for the fares on offer and it wasn't as if there was a dearth of choices. Both airline and terminals were perfectly serviceable. My only suggestion to AirAsia would be to offer at least one vegetarian food choice on non-India routes.

AIRASIA Customer review :  29 August 2012 by C Lucifero    (Australia)

Flew SYD/KUL and the KUL/PHUKET return. All flights on time, web check in was good, and saved long queues at the airport, easily checked bags in at Sydney that were checked all the way through. No food or entertainment, this was expected so was not a problem. Travelled with our 4 kids ensured they had colouring in, books, iPods etc. Flight was fine at the end of 9 hrs flying they were ready to get off but behaved well without normal flight gadgets. Also took my own food on board was not stopped and didn't have a problem. Staff not very friendly and don't bother you at all. Overnight flight home tried for Premium upgrade was not successful very difficult to sleep although the flight did seem quicker at night. Would recommend as long as you realise it is a budget airline.

AIRASIA Customer review :  21 August 2012 by Brian D'Souza    (USA)

BLR-KUL-REP. The seats are tight. If you are tall you're going to have a problem. On the short haul flights from KUL-REP, it didn't bother me, but from BLR-KUL which was little more than 4 hours being cramped was a bit of a problem. Make sure you weigh your bags before check-in. At the last minute I bought something which put my bag over by 5 lbs. I ended up paying close to $75 in excess baggage about the price of the ticket for going from KUL to REP. I learned you could pay before hand online for excess baggage and its more than 50% less than paying at the airport. Overall I didn't mind Air Asia for short haul flights - under 3 hours, but will definitely fly a full price airline for anything long haul. I should also add that their set up at LCCT in KUL was a mess and their ground staff wasn't very friendly.

AIRASIA Customer review :  21 August 2012 by M Wiggers    (Indonesia)

Jakarta to Singapore (QZ7782) and back (QZ7789) on the same day. No delays. The right Low Cost Carrier experience: no frills, no food, no leg room, efficient.

AIRASIA Customer review :  20 August 2012 by Marcus Boehm    (Australia)

Singapore - Miri, Miri - KUL. Cabin staff were more interested in themselves and each other than actually doing anything vaguely like serving passengers. A smile from half way across the cabin isn't service, it is nice but that is all. The only good thing about AirAsia is the price. There was not even cabin staff ensuring passengers stored their bags for take off and landing properly.

AIRASIA Customer review :  17 August 2012 by Kirstine Desian    (Denmark)

I was going from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and had a connecting flight from there to Copenhagen. I had nearly 6 hours to reach the connecting flight. Less than a week before going, they cancelled the flight, and rebooked me in a new one nearly 3 hours later. However, this flight was delayed, and I was too late to reach my flight. That meant I had to pay for rebooking, and stay nearly 24 hours in the airport. I made a complaint to Air Asia, but they would not pay because the delay was less than 2 hours. They could not see it as their problem that I was delayed more than 4 hours because of the rescheduling.