AirAsia Passenger Reviews and AirAsia Customer Trip Reports

AIRASIA Customer review :  22 June 2013 by Bini Mary Easow    (India)

Cochin to Kuala Lumpur. Most uncomfortable flight I've been on. There is practically no leg space. Add to it the fact that I had a window seat with the other two seats filled in by slightly heavyset people and I felt like I didn't even have breathing space. It was so cramped that I didn't have space to move my hands. The choice of food on board is poor. Even when I asked for something that was on the menu, they didn't have it. The only good thing was the rate but given the condition of the flight, even the cheap rates do not sound tempting.

AIRASIA Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Aldo Samulo    (Indonesia)

I flew with AirAsia in May from Bandung to Pekanbaru. Overall pretty good and smooth flight. However, there is a bit of chaos at the time of the boarding because it coincides with Lion Air to Surabaya at the departure gate only existing in Bandung airport.

AIRASIA Customer review :  5 June 2013 by Elizabeth Reynolds    (Canada)

Flights were on time, and that's about the only good thing I've experienced with this airline. Throughout my Southeast Asia journey I flew Air Asia 4 times and each time had a terrible time booking and then with customer service. Their website is a hassle to navigate, and there is so many extra fees! They randomly cancel flights and rebook you without checking, then when you have to rebook that flight, the website doesn't work and there are no phone numbers to be found. They say they can only help you through live chat, but it never works. At one point we resorted to going to the airport and talking to them, where they admitted they had read out emails and just did not reply. I've never seen an airline less flyer friendly. Good thing they're cheap. Never flying air Asia again.

AIRASIA Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Matthew Harte    (Australia)

SYD-KUL was 30 minutes late but the food was okay. The only things I really did was play on my ipad because the flight was very boring. KU-SYD night flight was on time but no food or beverages. Toilets were clean on both flights and the seats look brilliant but 2 hours into the flight you can clearly see the poor padding. I also couldn't get to sleep on the night flight. Overall Air Asia is ok but I would prefer Qantas or Virgin.

AIRASIA Customer review :  28 May 2013 by R Hicks    (Canada)

KUL-CMB CMB-KUL. Flight time to CMB was changed to 6 hours later and return flight to KUL was cancelled. No Refund given. Had to fly MAS to KUL.

AIRASIA Customer review :  24 May 2013 by Alan Ward    (UK)

Jakarta - Singapore on Friday on the 17.30 using the Red Carpet service was an enjoyable experience. Check-in was prompt and efficient and the lounge used basic but comfortable. One issue is that I had to pay for a beer which was poor as it's included in KL. A very efficient member of staff took my passport away and processed it with immigration which was good. I was accompanied through to the Departure Lounge and even accompanied across the tarmac before everyone else. Aircraft clean and comfortable and cabin crew very professional. Visited Air Asia in Changi re. complaint from my SIN-CGK flight in Red Carpet without lounge access offered in Changi - it'll be interesting to see if I ever get a reply or refund!

AIRASIA Customer review :  23 May 2013 by Paul Dodds    (Cambodia)

I am en route back from Singapore to Phnom Penh with Air Asia, after learning much to my disgust, what Air Asia means by "point to point" service. I flew from Yangon to Singapore, and expected - to be able to get a boarding pass from Yangon to Singapore and check my bags through. I am an experienced traveler, and fly constantly. When I landed in KL, I was, to my surprise, required to go through immigration and customs in Kuala Lumpur, pick up my bag, check through the confusing Air Asia terminal, recheck my bags and then go through the whole process to get on to Singapore. As I had bought a ticket from Singapore to Phnom Penh with only 90 minutes between flights - plenty of time for a normal carrier, not for Air Asia's bizarre system - I had to change my return flight, pay them $55 USD for the pleasure of spending 4 hours in the horrible Air Asia Terminal. They impose a huge burden on customers doing this. The Air Asia web site is excellent - and if they wanted the could easily alert customers that 90 minutes is not enough time to go through their transfer system, but of course they do not. Don't fall for it.

AIRASIA Customer review :  21 May 2013 by M Marshall    (Indonesia)

My experience has been very negative flying with them. I flew with them last weekend from Phuket to Jakarta and the flight was 6 hours delayed. Absolutely no compensation provided. Our flight was changed from 7.30pm to 1.30am so we eventually arrived at 3.30am. No apologies or explanation given by the airline either. On top of this, we paid for a "hot seat" which was uncomfortable and didn't recline. Never flying with them again. The food choices were also really bad. Many things were missing from the menu as they "ran out".

AIRASIA Customer review :  20 May 2013 by Sarah Grech    (Australia)

In the last month, my husband and I went on 4 Air Asia flights. It was a mixed experience. The inflight entertainment is very limited. Whilst some of the service was good and they were generally courteous, there were inconsistencies across the board. We paid for an inflight entertainment package on our last flight but did not receive it. But on one of our flights, we scored a deal where we were able to upgrade to premium, which was much better, and the service was more frequent, but still very patchy. An experience which has really left a very poor taste in my mouth was having a check in lady be very rude and abrupt with my husband.

AIRASIA Customer review :  20 May 2013 by Alan Ward    (UK)

I flew from Singapore to Jakarta on May 14th and opted for the Red Carpet Service, paying S$55 for the extra service. I thought check in was efficient but it turns out I should have been given lounge access but this didn't happen so I bought breakfast. I guess the priority boarding was good but I'd had to pay extra for my seat allocation as well. The flight was good with friendly and helpful crew and regular updates from the flight deck. I'm flying back to Singapore on May 22nd from Jakarta and look forward to a good flight in seat 1A.

AIRASIA Customer review :  14 May 2013 by Dave Lowe    (Vietnam)

I used Air Asia to fly back to Australia from Vietnam where I now live. On the KL to Gold Coast leg I went to buy a meal using Vietnam Dong and was refused service as they don't accept this currency. They also would not accept a credit card! Hence I was looking at an 8 hour flight with no food or water. It took a lot of complaining for the staff to give me a single 250 ml bottle of water to last me the entire flight! I had to get to talk to the head steward as the others simply walked away from me and refused to offer anything whatsoever. The cabin crew completely ignored me after that and could not have cared less about my situation. I will never use this carrier again.

AIRASIA Customer review :  6 May 2013 by Marcus Hay    (Australia)

DPS-SIN. Efficient check in and boarding. Flight left on time and seat was comfortable. Food was tasty and cheap (bought on line before). Overall a great experience and everything that you could ask for from a low cost airline.

AIRASIA Customer review :  2 May 2013 by M Cole    (Australia)

Clark-KUL economy. Flight according to schedule. On time. No fuss. Good leg room. Hard working, kind and pleasant staff. Will fly with AA again - much better than other budget airlines I have flown with and great value for money.

AIRASIA Customer review :  2 May 2013 by John Clegg    (UK)

KUL-SGN. Lovely looking stewardesses and new aircraft. Reasonably comfortable seats even for my 6ft 2" 18 stone frame. But check in, immigration, departure lounge, baggage reclaim? Just prepare to be treated third class and expect to be herded like cattle. They certainly bring a whole new level to "no frills airlines". Cheap and great for hopping around South East Asia, truly the Greyhound in the skies.