AirAsia Passenger Reviews and AirAsia Customer Trip Reports

AIRASIA Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Victor Loukham    (India)

It isn't low cost, there are additions to the fares such as seat selection fee, baggage fee, meal fee and other hidden fees, which all adds to and cost as near as a decent airlines like Thai Airways. Their services from ground to in-flight staff were inefficient. KOL-HKT, 5 of us were travelling including my 2 year old daughter. Bangkok- Phuket being a short haul flight, I skipped the seat selection (my biggest mistake). I told the lady at the check- in counter that we required 3 seats together, minutes later our luggage was through and we were handed the boarding passes. All 5 of us were placed at different seats far from each other. Upon boarding I wasn't going to sit down until 3 of us were seated next to each other. A stewardess found 3 passengers who felt sorry for our situation and swapped seats. I saw their so called hot seats for which you pay extras for extra leg room were not any different from those ordinary seats. The seats were so cramped that you can hardly move if the seat in front was reclined back. Air Asia can change their flight timings anytime they want, so stay tuned and updated. Our flight was postponed nearly 24 hrs.They claimed that they did try to contact me. At the sales desk we were told to wait an hour and see if there were any no shows. There were so we rushed to check-in, luggage through and then told that there are only four seats left and we must hold the baby in our lap. We had no choice, rushed to the aircraft as the last call was announced. We struggled just like before with the separated seats even though this time I had pre-selected seats with the original flight. We also had pre-booked meals with the original flight but since we boarded on a different flight they wouldn't serve us any meal. Air Asia in Bangkok lands at Don Muang Airport and not the Suvarnabhumi. The difference in two is that the Don Muang airport is an old airport and later is a new one. Everyone goes on a holiday to have a good time. Your holiday starts from the moment you are in the aircraft. Go for that little extra spending and choose a renowned airline.

AIRASIA Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Derek Eiden    (Australia)

Flew from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur and then KL to Melbourne. Check-in online simply didn't work for us using any type of computer. Was also unable to manage my booking as system never allowed us to log in. Check in at Bangkok airport horrendous. Had to argue with check in agent to change seats so both of us were seated together (something we attempted numerous times online). Book with realistic expectations as that's all you will receive. Make sure you're at the gate in plenty of time as the gate suddenly closes with no announcements.

AIRASIA Customer review :  28 November 2013 by Mehta Dipak    (India)

I with my wife travelled from Chennai to Kuala Lumpur on 5th Nov 2013 and from KL to Adelaide on 9th Nov 2013. Both the flights were comfortable and enjoyed journey.

AIRASIA Customer review :  22 November 2013 by P Wong    (Malaysia)

Flight from Guangzhou to Kuala Lumpur. All of their service is what the low cost airlines have. Normal seat, without IFE, without food serving. Recommend during great promotion and travel with only cabin baggage (quite expensive check-in baggage fee).

AIRASIA Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Graeme Baxter    (Zambia)

Hot Seats

I'm not sure what people are expecting when flying with a low cost airline. My trip Bali - Singapore was great, maybe having average expectations when booking helped. I made a point of reading the fine print on the Air Asia website which saved me money by pre-booking my luggage and my seat, first row of the plane. I was also happy to have paid for the meet and greet option as there were long check-in queues at 05.00 with 3 Air Asia flights departing early. No queue for me, right to the front and then assisted with passport control and led to the business lounge (the lounge was pretty poor, not Air Asia's fault). Crew were young, polite and efficient. Well- done Air Asia!

AIRASIA Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Hariharan Suresh    (India)

Chennai to Singapore with a stopover in Kuala Lumpur. The journey was great. Even though the flight from Chennai was delayed by half an hour and the seats were not so comfy, I liked this airline because of the hospitality and cost. Thank you Airasia for this wonderful journey.

AIRASIA Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Fredrik Haglund    (Sweden)

DMK-PNH. Flight delayed maybe 30 min but arrived 15 min late. Communication regarding delay not sufficient. Otherwise very good flight in clean plane with friendly staff - as every time I've flown Air Asia. Did not have a meal on this flight but on previous flights food has varied between 2 & 4 stars in my book.

AIRASIA Customer review :  31 October 2013 by J Bowen    (UK)

I have flown six times with Air Asia this year, and have found it to be a good airline for the price. The staff are friendly, and the check-in staff have been helpful. The planes are always clean and comfy. The only down side to Air Asia is their KL terminal. The terminal is confusing, the flights are nearly always late, and the walk from the terminal to the plane can be long (especially if it is windy and raining). But for friendliness, cleanliness and price I would recommend Air Asia.

AIRASIA Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Chris Varghese    (India)

Traveled from COK to KUL (LCCT) and back on AK 1203/1204. The in-flight services were truly good and the on time performance has to be highlighted.

AIRASIA Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Rohit Thukral    (USA)

I have traveled this airline twice. While their inflight service is average, I found other aspects to be quite awful. I travel extensively across US, Europe, and Asia so have a good basis of comparison. If there is a problem - don't expect any competent problem solving. Ground staff are poorly trained and unhelpful in case of a problem. First time I traveled, my flight from Phuket to Bangkok was delayed several hours, and they had no idea when the flight was going to depart or even which gate it would depart from. On a recent flight from Siem Reap to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur, several transit passengers had to be offloaded because they could not transit through KL - you need to enter the country and then exit via immigration so those from countries requiring visas were not able to board. They have no transit facilities at their hub in KL. The website clearly states they have through transit facilities - to this the passengers were told by the ground staff manager that the website is frequently incorrect and cannot be relied on. So that is the other problem - their website is unreliable and not kept current by their own admission. which in this day and age is totally unacceptable. Their terminal in KL is awful - it makes a Greyhound bus terminal seem sophisticated and comfortable. There is no place to sit and its bursting at the seams with passengers. If you have a long stopover be prepared to stand around or sit on the floor, or on your bag. There is little to eat or drink until after you go past immigration to the gate, but you can't check in to your flight until 2 hours before departure - so if you have a long break between flights you better come equipped. I have taken my last flight on AirAsia - it is truly the worst airline I have flown. The inflight service, however is OK given its a totally discount airline with no frills whatsoever - you will pay for everything including water.

AIRASIA Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Ikhmal Firdaus    (Malaysia)

KUL-SIN-KUL. Overall flight experience is fair only. Flight delayed 20 min because one of the crews absence and had to wait for another staff to replace. The staff seem to be moody and not so friendly from KUL-SIN but from SIN-KUL the staff are happy and providing good service.

AIRASIA Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Danzel Samuel    (Indonesia)

JKT-KUL. Flight was slightly behind schedule, pre-booked a meal that tasted delicious. Flight attendants were in a good mood and the senior FA wished us "happy Sunday and god bless you". That made my day. Was on board the new plane. Looked very clean and the plane look liked it had been cleaned regularly.

AIRASIA Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Mark Wilkins    (UK)

Don Muang - Phuket - Don Muang. Pre-booked assigned seats together (65bht) and meals (120 bht) in booking. Both flights excellent value at promo fares offered, and even with the extras came to just over 100 pounds return for 2 people return. Flights on time, aircraft very clean, check-in at both airports very efficient. Airline food on way out OK but way back actually very good for an airline hot meal (roast chicken and thai green curry options for the return flight). Euro low cost carriers could learn a lot from the service and pricing model of their Asian counterparts. Only minor gripe is the lack of use of airbridge except departing Don Muang, and wait for luggage on return flight.