PAGE loading ... please wait!

Afriqiyah Airways Passenger Reviews and Afriqiyah Airways Customer Trip Reports

Afriqiyah Airways Passenger Trip Reports

Afriqiyah Airways Star Ranking

Afriqiyah Airways Aircraft Seat Plans

Afriqiyah Airways Economy class seat reviews

Afriqiyah Airways customer review :  27 April 2011 by B Tchimanga (UK)

I bought the ticket in February to travel to Kinshasa in April - in March all flights were cancelled because of the conflict in Libya. I went to the travel agency to ask about what I should do - the answer was to wait until the end of the conflict. Agency was unable to rebook me or to transfer to other airlines. I am having difficulties to find their offices in London or contacts - can someone help. I have lost my money and time, and no one to help.

Afriqiyah Airways customer review :  11 April 2011 by Annemarie Fox (UK)

Gatwick to Joburg (troubles just beginning to brew in Libya). The start seemed off putting when I noticed an extra three hours on the flight time from Tripoli to Joburg which the booking office could not explain, also when I was not on the reservations list at check-in. However the latter was sorted without hassle. Service on flight to Tripoli was fine, plane new and clean, food good. However we landed in a sandstorm which was worrying. Fortunately we were herded along to the departures lounge as all signs in Arabic. Onward flight delayed by a couple of hours due to sandstorm. Toilets at the airport were inadequate in number but reasonably clean. We were then taken on what felt like a mystery tour on an airport bus down a dirt road - turned out to be to the other end of the runway where our plane sat all on its own amidst military aircraft. The three hour extra time was now clear as it was a much smaller plane than expected (a few passengers had seats allocated on row numbers which were not on the smaller plane - however there was enough room and extra for everyone boarding). Once again, food and service fine. There was a refuelling stop at Kinshasa. During my week in S Africa the revolution in Libya took off. I expected to lose my money and have to rebook myself back on an alternative carrier. However, when I contacted Afriqiyah in Joburg they said I was re-booked on Egyptair, travelling back same night as my original booking. They sent me email confirmation and my trip home went smoothly. The Afriqiyah staff were helpful and efficient, in spite of what was obviously a stressful time for them. On the basis of value for money, Afriqiyah is excellent, but be prepared for a journey with a difference.

Afriqiyah Airways customer review :  9 January 2011 by J Howell (UK)

I booked a flight to Lagos via Tripoli. We had delays at Gatwick, but once in Tripoli we were told to wait two days for our connecting flight to Lagos which - totally unacceptable. We stayed in the airport from early Mon morning until monday evening, stranded without any local currency and offered refreshments approx 11am. After a lot of protest we were put on flight approx 8pm that evening. This was my first experience with Afriqiyah and will be my last - despite the savings, it wasn't worth the terrible experience. The lack of communication in Tripoli was disgraceful and =on the plane the staff were curt.

Afriqiyah Airways customer review :  23 December 2010 by T Helden (Belgium)

BRU-JNB-BRU with a stopover in Tripoli. There were some troubles with the in-flight entertainment. On our way to JNB, there were not enough headsets, so we couldn't use the inflight entertainment. On our way back from JNB to Tripoli, the inflight entertainment in our part of the plane didn't work at all. The food was okay and the cabin crew friendly. It's definitely value for money, but there are some things to improve.

Afriqiyah Airways customer review :  13 October 2010 by P Howell (UK)

LGW-TIP-LGW on A320/A330. Both flights approx 1 hour delayed, Servisair lounge at LGW basic and overcrowded, quiet lounge in Tripoli. Uncrowded flights - very few pax in Business cabin. Comfortable seats for 3 hr journey, but angled lie-flat seats on A330 too short for me (1.80m). Food tasty (no alcohol of course), limited but OK film choice on AVOD. FAs sweet but not all spoke english. Be aware, Tripoli airport can be difficult to navigate as all signage in Arabic only!

Afriqiyah Airways customer review :  13 July 2010 by F Whitehead (UK)

We flew to Johannesburg from London Gatwick via Tripoli to attend the World Cup. All flights near enough on time and a smooth transit through Tripoli. Tripoli airport is not too bad although I wouldn't like to spend more than a few hours there. The entertainment was good, food as good as expected, the were polite (but spoke little English) and the seats comfortable with sufficient leg room. I did get the impression that the staff were probably a little too laid back at times. Overall the value for money was excellent, the customer service was good and the planes were modern (although they did need cleaning up a bit.)

Afriqiyah Airways customer review :  21 June 2010 by Andrew West (UK)

Firstly, the take off was delayed, with no announcements, when we asked at the desk they just said 'we will go when we go'! Once on the plane we noticed it is empty, so we had extra space, but it looks like they failed to clean properly, my table was covered in food smears, when I asked for a wet towel, to wipe it off, I was told to 'just relax man, just chill'! It was almost funny how clueless they were! Staff were friendly, but no idea of customer service or professionalism. The quality of the food seems to be dependant of the airport you last left, leaving SA or the UK the food was ok, with a North African theme, but when we left Tripoli the food was inedible. The flights are dry, so they only serve warm juice or soda. The movies are heavily censored, at first it's quite amusing, but it gets irritating after a while. Woman's shoulders are blurred out and they even censor out all references to alcohol or gambling, but blood, death & murder are all good! Tripoli Airport is awful, you can barely breath for the smoke and there's no organisation, it's like going back it time.

Afriqiyah Airways customer review :  27 May 2010 by Karen Parker (UK)

London Gatwick - Tripoli - Accra return. Tripoli to Accra was delayed a little, as only one scanner was working so when they started boarding, about half the passengers were still on the wrong side of the security check. The other flights were on time. Food good, seats comfy, checked luggage was where it should be, price was excellent. Having read previous comments here, I had to see how bad the loos at Tripoli airport could be and was disappointed : clean and even soap in the dispenser!

Afriqiyah Airways customer review :  19 March 2010 by M Bekkering (UK)

London -Johannesburg via Tripoli return. I took the precaution of travelling hand luggage only, and making sure not to use the bathrooms during the stop over at Tripoli and was pleasantly surprised. The service matched any I've travelled with over the years and at half the price. Considering they offer the option of twice as much luggage in the hold as any other airline I've travelled with, I might even travel with lots of luggage next time!

AFRIQIYAH AIRWAYS customer review :  15 February 2010 by C Grant (France)

CDG-TIP-OUA out ABJ-TIP-CDG return. Excellent flight to TIP, clean new A330 with good food and friendly staff. Flight to OUA similarly well presented. Unfortunately the flight from ABJ-TIP was operated by Nouvelair on Afriqiyah's behalf, other passengers also noticed the difference with grumpy staff and terrible food. Happy to return to CDG with Afriqiyah again and more good service.

AFRIQIYAH AIRWAYS customer review :  23 January 2010 by B Humphrey (UK)

Crew dreadful, food cold - delays from start to finish on outbound and inbound. Tripoli is the filthiest most hostile place and staff bully passengers especially female. We were delayed for 8hrs and no one would help. They all smoke in the no smoking areas, the toilets have to be seen to be believed. Brand new planes are good but there the value stops - it is just not worth the saving on flight costs.

AFRIQIYAH AIRWAYS customer review :  23 January 2010 by H Brant (UK)

London Gatwick-Tripoli-Johannesburg return. I booked on price, so my expectations were fairly low. The first three sectors were more or less on time, fourth just under 30 minutes late. I was pleasantly surprised to find LGW check-in desk open nearly 4 hours before the scheduled departure time! Airline food is rarely very good in economy, but Afriqiyah's compared quite favourably with most. My only criticism is that a couple of dishes were quite spicy - and a choice was not always offered. I was pleasantly surprised by the in-flight entertainment, which had a modern touch-screen interface, and seemed to be reliable. Legroom was good. For me the only negative issue really was Tripoli Airport. The departure lounge is small, and not very comfortable. There were people smoking, despite "no smoking" signs. Maybe smoking is only allowed in certain areas, but the smoke carries everywhere. The toilets are in serious need of modernisation too. I was glad I didn't have to spend long there. The staff there were pleasant and helpful though. I would consider flying with Afriqiyah again if the price is right, especially once the expansion and upgrading of Tripoli Airport is complete.

1 2

AFRIQIYAH AIRWAYS customer reviews and Afriqiyah Airways Passenger Opinions about Afriqiyah Airways standards