Air France Passenger Reviews and Air France Customer Trip Reports

Air France Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Marilyn Suttle    (USA)

Flew LAX to Paris and on to Athens and back the same route 2 weeks later, A380 economy. Full flight 500 on board. If you have tight connections in Paris and are at the back do not book those connect times, the airport terminal changes are what seems like miles to walk, and then long lines at immigration, but once on the plane, if you make it the service is the best I have had. The crew wonderful to your needs and the food great and too much to eat really. The snacks between meals and the free wine and beer the best. First rate movies and free head sets to keep you occupied was nice. There is ice cream whenever you desire it. The only downside is that I fly Delta usually domestically and they advertise that AF is their partner, but what rules go for Delta usually do not apply to AF especially their pet policy internationally - beware, otherwise the A380 is awesome.

Air France Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Lam Kek Ham    (Singapore)

When my sister and myself were informed about a flight delay, I went to the boarding counter and asked staff if it would affect my connecting flight from Paris to Singapore. I was informed that we would not miss our connecting flight and someone at Paris would escort us to the connecting flight. However, when we reached Paris, we were left to "scramble" with some other passengers to find our way to the boarding gate for the connecting flight. When we reached the boarding gate, we were informed that we had missed the flight (AF256). The staff we approached for help rudely directed us to the customer service counter. When we asked to be put on the same flight, we were informed flatly that "all the flights are full and they could only get us flights separately". After much insistence, she "miraculously" found us a flight which we could take on together! We were given free accommodation sharing the same room. We are frequent travellers and it was our first time taking Air France and what a memorable experience!

Air France Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Carol Courtines    (USA)

I want to commend the cabin staff on Flight AF006 from CDG to New York JFK on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 for their help and professionalism. My husband is disabled and cannot walk. He needed to go to be bathroom and a steward helped me get him to the lavatory. He has MS and I needed to clean and change him. When we left the bathroom, he could not walk at all and two Air France stewards carried him to his seat. I had unfortunately stuffed up the sink and they closed the bathroom without saying a word. They were so understanding.

Air France Customer review :  23 October 2013 by C Wajsberg    (Israel)

JNB-CDG-TLV in economy on 17th October. Even if I had 3 seats for myself flying in economy on this A380 is not any better when it comes to comfort of seat compared with other airlines. Crew were very good and helped as much as they could. Food was ok even if appetiser was of poor quality. Most of all I appreciated the new breakfast concept in economy, a warm crepe with a very sweet sauce. Small bread roll and croissant jam and some fresh fruit salad, usual breakfast drinks. Much better then cold cuts and cheese with some dry bread roll and fruit compote we used to receive, well done AF nice improvement. CDG-TLV same service as usual and as early morning flight out of CDG we received what to me looks like a very poor breakfast but food on European flights is always poor.

Air France Customer review :  23 October 2013 by D Koppers    (Netherlands)

Flew from MRU to CDG on 19th of October. Aircraft was the high density edition of 77W. Aircraft new, clean and in good condition. Boarding on time, however a delay of almost one hour occurred without any notice or refreshments. The service was dreadful. I fly very frequently, especially with partner KLM, but this was the most disappointing service experience. No drink round before dinner, no drink round after dinner. No water for the night. FA showed herself 2 times on an 11 hr flight, for dinner and breakfast. FA in galley ignorant and unfriendly. AF staff were below par, especially in Premium Economy. Will avoid AF in the future and choose partner KLM if possible.

Air France Customer review :  21 October 2013 by R Girard    (France)

From Paris CDG to Montreal Trudeau and from Atlanta Hartsfield International to Paris CDG. The crew were very polite and helpful especially for the flight back, food and beverages were very good, much better than other airlines I've used. Nevertheless, the seats were hard especially between Paris and Montreal. I highly recommend to avoid flying with the old 747-400 of Air France.

Air France Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Serge Meunier    (France)

Beijing to Paris on 14/09/2013. PNC run being particularly welcoming. The service was friendly and attentive. For once, a real team effort. Clear PA announcements in French, English and Chinese (a Chinese PNC was on board). Good seat and good VOD. However, the cabin aircraft was dated and should be renovated.

Air France Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Debra Foster    (USA)

Both the Atlanta to Paris, and the Paris to Aberdeen flights were great. I appreciated the staff. I do not speak French, but found I had no problem communicating with the staff. It also had the best meal I have had on a flight. I was on Air France 681 and 1272, on September 21 and 22. Luggage was taken care of, flights on time. I was impressed.

Air France Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Souk Lan Lim    (Singapore)

Singapore to Casablanca return via Paris. A decent enough product without being outstanding. On the upside, the cabin crew delivered good service, with the stewardess on the Singapore/Paris run being particularly welcoming. Seat comfort was good and I got plenty of sleep. And the flights were all on time. On the downside, the food wasn't great: edible, withouth being especially memorable. I would happily travel with Air France again.

Air France Customer review :  10 October 2013 by D Fawcett    (Australia)

I would not fly Air France again, nor would I recommend the airline to anyone. I flew from Singapore to Paris, and returned from Frankfurt through Paris back to Singapore. The meals served were not of high standards, the length of the flight requires at least snacks to be offered as well as a meal.

Air France Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Jose Rodriguez    (USA)

Flew JFK-CDG September, 2013. Loved the experience. Comfortable seats. Great food and included wine. Excellent service. On time! I will do it all over again.

Air France Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Deborah McGarry    (France)

I would never willingly book a flight on Air France again. I have travelled with Air France from Paris to Abu Dhabi in August and from Paris to Johannesburg in September 2013. To Abu Dhabi I specifically booked Etihad only to discover that they are doing a codeshare with Air France. Luckily Etihad have a number of rows specifically for Etihad customers and so I was comfortable to and from Abu Dhabi but the Air France staff were terrible. I even heard the Air France Purser ask an Etihad crew member what they should do to work together well and the Etihad crew member replied "do things the way we want you to and we'll have no problem". The flight to Johannesburg was on Air France as my husband wanted to go on a direct flight - even he, who travels transatlantic monthly, was horrified. Air France have the cheek to email you the day before the flight offering you an upgrade. The first email was for 189 Euros, when we tried booking it, no joy - when we tried at the airport they said we could upgrade for 489. On the return from Johannesburg, the upgrade was offered at 289 Euros, still no joy on the internet and at the airport they didn't even understand what I was talking about. Never again.

Air France Customer review :  4 October 2013 by J Gamero    (France)

CDG-SFO, 26 Sept. No possibility to checking on line after multiple attempts. Flight Delayed with no apparent reason. Chaotic boarding on CDG as usual. Food very good. Entertainment had some failures, headphones malfunctioning, but VOD revamped. Comparing with other airlines (Delta, Aeroflot), AF seats are simply a joke, a bad joke.

Air France Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Bourne Denzil    (UK)

Flew AF111 (MU8661) on 1 October PVG-CDG. A380 and AF1680, CDG-LHR. A320. Check-in at PVG wasn't great, apparently the staff member couldn't see my onward connection to LHR. The Lounge at PVG leaves a lot to be desired. Once on- board the A380 things were much better. The seat was comfortable and although doesn't lie flat I managed a good 5 hours sleep. Service by the male flight attendant working my section was excellent. IFE was limited and my screen kept crashing. Food was excellent. The CDG-LHR leg was usual European seating, but service was efficient and friendly. I would fly again.

Air France Customer review :  3 October 2013 by L Rein    (Israel)

Flight AF1960, CDG-TLV on September 29. The flight left with about half-an-hour delay. The food (the breakfast) was very poor, the service was quite friendly, but nothing special, the aircraft was dated. Most irritating was an absence of any normal entertainment even on a flight of about 4.5 hours. Generally Air France is worst company I have flown with.

Air France Customer review :  2 October 2013 by D Leigh    (USA)

I had an Air France flight about 10 years ago and had a pretty bad experience - delays multiple times over 2 different airports. I and my wife decided to take Air France this time again hoping this would not be the case. Again, the company disappointed us gravely. 5 delays notices between SFO, Paris, and Zurich. Unbelievable. Staff service is bad as well. These stewards threw the food tray at you, the French service quality is well known and I've experienced many times in France so I don't expect much. They need to change.

Air France Customer review :  1 October 2013 by Mike Hood    (New Zealand)

GVA-CDG on 22 August on an A319 and the in-flight service was as good as I have ever experienced. Friendly, efficient and. for once, clear PA announcements. The short flight was full and, as is often the case, one passenger could not read her seat allocation so a double seat allocation occurred which was quickly and pleasantly rectified by a member of all female cabin crew. Upon arrival in Paris I was in no hurry to disembark (unlike everyone else on board) so spent a little time chatting with the cabin crew and was even invited into the Flight Deck to meet the Captain and First Officer where the flown route was explained in some detail. All in all very pleasant and charming crew. The only minor complaint I would note is the lack of information on the ground in Geneva to explain a 45 minute delay.

Air France Customer review :  30 September 2013 by Chris Chan    (France)

Flight AF084 from CDG-SFO on Sep 21. Boarding from CDG was tricky as always due to unmanageable passengers not respecting boarding instructions. Warm welcome onboard from FAs. Seats configuration was 3-4-3 (B777-300ER) with an awful and uncomfortable seat (mine was in row 23J in the Economy zone). Obviously, folks from AF who have designed this seat had never traveled in a 12 hours long-haul flight! Food was correct while FAs service was really poor - our FA just skipped the coffee during the 2nd service before landing for a long time chat with another passenger and ignored the rest of the passengers!

Air France Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Ken Duffin    (New Zealand)

Manchester - CDG - Hong Kong, 16 Sep 2013. Business Class. I'd summarise the AF experience as adequate but at the lower end of BC experiences. The 777 BC seats are somewhat tired these days and the stupid design means a window seat passenger cannot get past the PAX next door if they are reclined. Food was somewhat poor compared to the trip I made from Shanghai to CDG a couple of months earlier - didn't eat anything on this leg (serving foie gras is just offensive AF). Cabin staff not especially friendly. So, better than EC, but only because of the extra room. AF really need to get their act together - I won't use them again.