Air France Passenger Reviews and Air France Customer Trip Reports

Air France Customer review :  12 November 2013 by Popovic Zrinka    (Netherlands)

Washington to Paris. Boarding 30 minutes late but staff on boarding told me that flight will be in Paris on time. It was very important to me because my connection flight was only 1 hour after arrival time. After boarding, plane stood more than half an hour in Washington, so departure was more than 1 hour late. During the flight I tried to find out arrival time and departing gate of my next flight (also AF). Air-hostess promised me find it out and to give me an answer about 30 minutes before landing. I did not get the information and on the exit from the plane same hostess made a movement as - sorry I forgot on you. My display was not working and after two requests to the crew I did not received any answer if display can or will be repaired, or at least excuse if it cannot be repaired. The drink I ordered was given to another passenger. All crew members were very happy and had good time together chatting and laughing.

Air France Customer review :  12 November 2013 by R Thomas    (UK)

Dreadful service on Bangkok-Paris-London return flights. Food awful, service even worse. Stewardesses snooty, no drinks during flight, and questions about snacks rebutted.

Air France Customer review :  12 November 2013 by L Moon    (UK)

Heathrow via Paris to Cancun return. Excellent check in and lounge at London Heathrow and transfer in Paris is fine. The lounge at CDG (being their home hub) was a little on the tired side and far too overcrowded. Onboard, seats and catering good on the outbound leg. On the return the biggest difference is the seat as AF do not have lay flat seats. Overnight flight back was okay (minus the seat issue) with staff and catering excellent. Transfer back via Paris all ok and the short hop back to Heathrow was wonderful.

Air France Customer review :  10 November 2013 by A Steffen    (Netherlands)

Business class AF0990 Paris Johannesburg on A380. Flight was fine and service as can be expected. However the business class seats of AF must be the worst in the airline industry. Cannot believe the manager responsible for buying these chairs is still working there. They must know by now that this seat is an affront to the travelers using them. While the whole competition and even their sister company KLM goes full flat AF decided to develop a chair which sets back time a least 10 years. I am very sorry for all the French travelers that have no other choice then use this airline. I definitely will never again.

Air France Customer review :  10 November 2013 by D Fresle    (Switzerland)

Kansai International Airport to Paris. The scheduling of food and service was terrible. We took off at 12.30 and were served lunch around 14.00 (2 p.m.). Then after this service the window blinds were pulled down and the lights were dimmed (in the middle of the afternoon!). There was no further service until l5 minutes before midnight - a duration of some 9 hours! when a dinner was served. The pursers vanished (to sleep?). Someone came round with an ice- cream on a stick at some stage. Why Air France wished to turn day into night on what was a day flight that arrived in Paris at the end of the afternoon is beyond me. Why they should consider that a break in service of 9 hours is acceptable is beyond belief. What they have done of course is to use the same service timetable as that for the flight out - which made sense in that context as it was a night flight arriving early in the morning of the following day. Under those circumstances it was logical to give passengers the chance to sleep undisturbed, but not for daytime flight. It just requires some basic common sense to understand that a day flight is different from an over night flight.

Air France Customer review :  10 November 2013 by H Mirza    (USA)

Paris to Boston in business class. The plane and seats were great except one toilet was not working and closed. The main issue was lack of clear English announcements. Even though the flight was coming to Boston but there was nothing in clear English. This made the situation for us painful. We were served with some appetizers mainly duck. I did not like it and the hostess made a comment in broken English as if I was not hungry. When the main meal was served she did not include me as if I did not need anything to eat in a long flight. My wife sitting next to me was served that main meal while I was talking to her. Before landing they served something that I can only describe as least desirable. It had a tiniest of half a sandwich without any meat or egg. A big cup of heavy marinated fruits. In short after a long flight in AF Business we had to stop at a McDonald before driving home.

Air France Customer review :  10 November 2013 by M Holu    (France)

CDG-JNB-CDG on A380. One of the best parts was the first lounge in CDG. Welcome is perfect, the lounge is not so big but modern and beautiful. The dinner in the lounge was excellent with fine wines. Transfer by limo for Boarding was perfect. Nice welcome by the crew - all the other seats in first were empty! I did not try the onboard dinner. IFE is good but need to be improved compared to other airlines, the screen is small. Full flat bed was very comfortable before landing at JNB, breakfast was ok. On the return flight to Paris, I stayed at the business lounge before boarding, there is no first class lounge in JNB. Nice welcome by crew, again all the other seats in first were empty. Served a very good champagne before take off. I was disappointed by the catering in first class from JNB, wines were very good but food is far from standards in first class. I think that the IFE and the food must be improved on flights, especially the return flight to Paris. Another problem is the lack of privacy in fist class, fortunately I was alone on these flights.

Air France Customer review :  7 November 2013 by R Brown    (USA)

Flew CDG-JFK on A380. Heard many negative about AF from airport experience to poor flight crews and service, well I think that is a thing of the past now. My experience from check-in, immigration and security, the lounges, the flight itself was great. Everyone very friendly and helpful. The business class seats were comfortable, the food was wonderful, cabin crews did everything they could to make you feel welcomed and taken care of. As far as navigating the dreaded CDG, I found the signage easy to follow as we made our way from the Ibis via train shuttle to terminal 2F and on to 2E for check-in.

Air France Customer review :  6 November 2013 by C Wajsber    (Israel)

Flew on 29th 0ctober once again from CDG to JNB. Beside that by now we all know what a great design this A380 is and how much more peaceful it is inside this airplane when flying. The reason for my comment this time is the very noticeable improvement by AF crew and AF catering to put in an effort to take better care of passengers. AF crew are usually always very polite, they seem to enjoy their jobs again. Catering has improved again and food quality is very close to what I remembered it was so many years ago and one of the reasons I became a regular customer of AF. Also noticeable is the new design of cutlery, even if made from plastic, using them makes it much easier to enjoy the food. Well done AF, now just improve the snacks served between meals on this route and it will be perfect.

Air France Customer review :  6 November 2013 by M Tajvidi    (USA)

On Sunday 11/03/2013, they canceled a whole flight from Bologna to Paris, France without telling the passengers. My wife on her route back to US from Italy, was supposed to be on that flight and they gave her an alternate flight with KLM 12 hours longer and later. The timing was so bad that thanks to the delay of KLM, she missed her last part of the flight from Atlanta to Salt Lake City. After 40 hours on the way, 24 hours of delay and missing several academic and business meting, she arrived on Monday. I never trust Air France ever again.

Air France Customer review :  4 November 2013 by Pascal-Pierre Saunier    (France)

I flew the A380 from CDG to Washington DC on Monday 21 October and it was a great experience. I had booked a business award flight in seat 66A upper deck and I have no complaints about the quality of the seat, the tidiness of the cabin or the high quality of the food served. The crew were nice and professional and I have nothing to complain about. It was a great experience from checking to landing. The food was very good and even though I could not get my first choice, the second choice was very tasty (duck with chestnuts and mash).

Air France Customer review :  1 November 2013 by A Curran    (Australia)

Travelled from Melbourne to Paris, 11th Sep, code share Cathay Pacific. While the seats on Air France were not as comfortable as Cathay the service was considerably better. The women who looked after us were fabulous. Friendly, polite and happy! This fare was much cheaper than other business class flights but the flight did not reflect this. We were very surprised with our flight considering the reviews were not great. We will certainly consider Air France again.

Air France Customer review :  30 October 2013 by Umana Cheryl    (USA)

We recently flew from San Antonio, TX to Paris, France with final stop in Barcelona. The dates were October 9th and October 21st. I was extremely pleased with the service, crew and food that was offered. The service far exceeded any other flights I have taken in the last five years! The crew actually looked like they enjoyed their jobs and were very accommodating.

Air France Customer review :  29 October 2013 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

AF275, Tokyo-Paris CDG. Rather small and non inviting lounge at Narita, very limited choice of food and drinks (comparing to Delta's Crown Room next door). Flight delayed for 4 hrs, due to tech problem, but all passengers were kept informed, some snacks and drinks were served on board while waiting. After take off, decent lunch was served, food very nice, but surprisingly, wines choices were limited and not very good. Seat ok, IFE as well, snacks, soups, ice cream were served between the meals, dinner before arrival was very tasty, decent portions and choice. Excellent cabin crew, definitely big plus. I missed my connecting flight, had to stay overnight in Paris, hotel and two meals were booked by AF, next morning travelled home. Good service despite delay. Recommended.

Air France Customer review :  28 October 2013 by R Hancock    (UK)

Travelled Paris to Johannesburg on the evening A380 flight on 27 September. The economy cabin at the rear is surprisingly cosy for such a large plane and noticeably quieter than any other wide-bodied plane. The dinner and breakfast were both excellent; choice of entertainment very good; and service both professional and friendly. Would be happy to recommend Air France.

Air France Customer review :  28 October 2013 by S Tollinchi    (France)

From ORY to MRS on March 17th, 2013 (AF 6047). The same day, the other way, from MRS to ORY (AF6006). Same round- trip on August, 2nd 2013. ORY-MRS, AF 6049. MRS-ORY, AF 6006. I've been flying Air France for more than 11 years. Despite some delays due to ATC strikes or technical reasons (mid-exit doors unable to operate on A320, once, 3hrs of delays offset by a 4k Miles Prime compensation), this airline fulfills my expectations. I don't fly a lot but I've done almost 50 flights over the years, so my comment is based on a true experience. The crews are friendly, experienced, professional, committed to making sure you're alright anytime while onboard. You'll always be welcomed as it should be. However, things changed since I first flew them. The seats, in short/mid haul flights, are now lighter, which means you can't stretch out anymore, really bad point. Food isn't that bad, but, always on this flight's type, this is a snack more than a meal. Entertainment just doesn't exist on short/mid haul flights, neither outlets for your computer. That's why I think prices are sometimes quite high, regarding the same flight on another day. Moreover, at the 2nd main Paris airport, there are a lot of delays, mainly caused by the staff of the airport, so when you fly from Paris, choose the first hub, "CDG", far from the city compared to ORY (Orly) but way more efficient. To summarize a bit, this is French way of life, great customer care, recent, nice and clean airplanes (inside and outside) mainly European made. Just give them a chance, make it your favourite airline and you won't be disappointed.

Air France Customer review :  26 October 2013 by L Smith    (USA)

As long as you fly Business Class you are good, but the Economy Class has very hard seats and after 11 hours your back will hurt. This is probably the same for other airlines. I usually fly from LAX to GOA (Italy) via CDG from two to four times a year. I really wish there were better alternatives, but it so happens that Air France has the shortest flights. Once after booking online on their website my trip I realized I made a mistake and although it says that all flights can be cancelled within 24 hours it took a lot of effort to get my money back. They seem to nickel and dime you for every little thing. More than once the flight from LAX was late and my connection was lost. I had to spend the night in Paris at a very cheap motel with bad food and uncomfortable beds. If you have the extra money to avoid Air France cheap accommodation you'll be fine. Food and staff are usually ok, but when you try to contact the customer service for a refund good luck, you'll need it. Of course if you want to purchase a new ticket they are very available and will help you immediately.

Air France Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Kai Olesch    (Germany)

Return flight MUC to JFK via Paris was a very satisfying experience. Everything went smooth, not the slightest delays and I was impressed on how friendly and considerate the service was on the long-haul flight. The transit at CDG was extremely easy in the Air France Terminal 2. Best part was the flight on the A380 on the way back, because the entertainment system was superb, finally a working touch screen and good head phones. The trip to New York was operated by Delta, also no complaints.