Air France Passenger Reviews and Air France Customer Trip Reports

Air France Customer review :  13 January 2014 by J Hartley    (UK)

Flew LHR to BKK via CDG (Economy) December 2013. Seats very narrow on Boeing 777, and less comfortable than seats on British Airways, EVA and Thai Airways, which I have used on flights to Bangkok previously. IFE was OK. Food outbound to BKK was good, with good wine and cheese. On the return journey back from Bangkok, the food was poor, with some type of very fatty meat as a main course that I (and my wife) could not eat, or even identify. Furthermore, after the main meal it was a long, long time until breakfast was served, leaving myself and my fellow passengers hungry. I later established that snacks were available if you made your own way to the galley to collect them, but this availability was not announced and by the time I realised (whilst visiting the toilet) all of the sandwiches and most of the ice creams had gone (NOT acceptable). Cabin crew were pleasant and polite, but did not seem proactive in any way and (to me) this was evidenced by the fact that they did not bother to serve the snacks or make any announcement as to their availability. The interconnection at CDG was pretty seamless and posed no problem at all. Given the narrow and uncomfortable seats and the poor catering and associated service on the aircraft, I would not recommend that you use this airline for this journey, unless BA / EVA / Thai are all significantly more expensive for your chosen dates.

Air France Customer review :  13 January 2014 by L Reinstein    (USA)

LAX-CDG-LAX. A positive experience. On par with the best European carriers. A380 upper deck seats are not state-of-the-art but basically lie-flat and do the job. Big entertainment screen with great options. Service was excellent; lots of smiles and effort to make comfortable. Food was better out of Paris than LA. On return flight, plane's engine broke before take-off and airline put all passengers up at hotel for the night; business class got The Holiday Inn. The airline tried their best during a chaotic situation. Would fly again for sure.

Air France Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Barbara Brew    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Kuala Lumpur changing at Paris CDG, the outbound connecting flight was operated by flybe. We did not have seat details for this leg until check in and they seemed very perplexed at the check-in counter about what to do about onward flights in business class. The girl on the desk did not even know where KL was! After boarding the flight there was a problem with the plane and after a wait we were moved onto a different, smaller plane and all allocated seat numbers then became obsolete and we ended up somewhere near the back. On the flight from Paris, the choice of main course had run out before they got to us on row 7! The food was ok, had better and had far worse, maybe my expectations were rather high with it being a French airline. The cabin staff were very good. The seats were flat but slightly angled and as a result not quite as comfortable as could have been. I also found the fabric of the seat a bit on the scratchy side and ended up having to put a blanket between me and the seat to make it more comfortable for sleeping. Was surprised on the return leg to find the plane stopped away from the terminal and we had to be bussed in, fortunately the plane was on time or this could have made catching our connection very tight. It was a very reasonable price and I would fly with them again if I could not get a good price from the likes of Emirates or Singapore airlines.

Air France Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Peter Kirtley    (UK)

Flew MAN-CDG-HAV return. The only problem was CDG, see airport review. I will use this airline again but only for direct flights not via CDG.

Air France Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Ladsous Francois    (China)

Flew CDG to PEK on new year's eve. Being a flying blue gold member I'd booked a seat by an exit for extra comfort (at no extra charge for gold and platinum members), but was reassigned to the back in the middle. When I protested, and pointed out that I'd booked another seat I was told there was nothing they could do except buy an upgrade to premium economy. The staff was obviously not thrilled to be flying on December 31st and that reflected in their cold, rather unfriendly demeanour, but that attitude is nothing new to people who fly AF regularly. The worst part is the old, outdated, barely-hanging-on cabin interior. My IFE kept resetting and the screen kept shaking with 3 second gaps where it would go dark. The rest of the seat was threadbare and the magazine holder at the bottom of the front seat was broken so that a bit of metal kept biting into my knee. When I chose to stand for a while just because my neighbours were infringing on my personal space and because my knee was hurting, I was told by a flight attendant to go stand at the back of the plane.

Air France Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Andy Dong    (USA)

Premuim Economy

Paris CDG to Shanghai in an A380 F-HPJH. Brand new A380, less than a year old. Very nice seat and entertainment program. Nice service, very good and caring Chinese interpreter. food was great. The only problem was that the seat wasn't very good for sleeping.

Air France Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Andy Dong    (USA)

BOS-CDG in business class on Boeing 777-200 F-GSPS. very old seats, small screen compared to the new one. only one meal served, no breakfast. seat comfort was all right. Overall very disappointing for business class.

Air France Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Brian Smith    (Japan)

NRT-CDG-AMS-LCY/LHR-CDG-NRT in business for the long hauls, and premium economy classes on the short hauls. This is my second Japan to Europe flight in a month with Air France and I was not disappointed. The staff are always accommodating and friendly, the food good and plentiful, the seats on the newer A380's comfortable (the older ones are a bit less so), and the connections easy in CDG. All flights were on time. My only complaint is that the seats in business are not lie flat, but they are to be changing this on the newly renovated 777s in the coming year. The CDG lounge in the 2E M gates is truly spectacular as far as interior design goes, though lacked any real food. Looking forward to yet another Air France trip in March.

Air France Customer review :  6 January 2014 by S Brown    (UK)

Flight from CDG to BKK, economy seats were cramped and uncomfortable. Air France have gone for as many seats as possible, even the cabin crew found it difficult to get the trolley through the very tight gangway. I will never fly Air France long haul economy again. Air France you need to revisit your seating plans.

Air France Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Andrew Sanderson    (UK)

Flew Edinburgh to Paris. Absolutely awful on an Avro in "Premium Economy". There's nothing premium about it except that you get the same food as business class - which isn't that special anyway. The seating is 3-3 and even for the normal sized it is very cramped - and the fares are obscene. If you must fly this route with air France/city jet either travel economy or business, "premium economy" is nothing other than a gigantic rip off. Truly awful.

Air France Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Marilyn Newman    (UK)

Flew Air France to Jo'burg premium economy. The staff put BA and Virgin to shame. Pleasant, helpful and very friendly. I would use again.

Air France Customer review :  4 January 2014 by Paul Clifford    (UK)

London to Madrid with connections in CDG. I only flew this route with AF because it was cheap. All the flights were on time. The seats were comfortable, staff friendly and very professional. The connections at CDG were very easy to make. I was very impressed.

Air France Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Miguel Ferreira    (Brazil)

GIG-CDG-LIS return flight in economy class. Intercontinental flights in B747, with seats that are only comfortable if the flight is not totally full. Service in economy good for a 11 hour flight, with dinner served after departure and breakfast at arrival. Cabin crew speak several languages and are available at anytime. Flights from CDG to LIS in A320, with uneventful service, ok for a 2h30 flight. Drinks served and a little snack (cream crackers). I chose AF for the fares and definitely recommend them for intercontinental flights.

Air France Customer review :  2 January 2014 by J Moen    (Australia)

Berlin-CDG. Old A320. Looking tired and old. PE = 2 rows behind 3 rows of Business, separated by curtain from Economy. Seating = 3x3. Business also 3x3 with middle seat blocked. Purser looked after BC and PE. Drinks/food service in PE identical to BC. Wouldn't bother paying the additional to travel Business on such a short flight when PE has the same service. Appeared that Economy was not offered an alcohol service. Drinks were acceptable (champagne offered ) and food was above expectations. Neatly packaged, tasty, and well presented. 2nd beverage service offered with tea/coffee. Nothing seemed rushed on a short flight of 1hr 25mins. Would travel short haul AF Premium Economy again. As others have said, seats hard and there was no inflight entertainment, however not required for such a short flight.

Air France Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Eden Vance    (USA)

Flew to Lisbon last minute, so I was not able to get a non-stop flight. There were two legs to my trip, JFK-CDG then CDG-LIS. Before I arrived at the airport, Air France issued us one boarding pass that worked for both our flights. Flight scheduled to leave at 7.15. However, the morning of the flight, we received a notification that our flight had been delayed 2 hours. Upon arrival at JFK, staff were very friendly and updated us. Lounge in JFK was the nicest I have seen, excellent food, spacious and comfortable. JFK-CDG was aboard an A380. Boarding took place through two gates, so did not take as long as I thought, made comfortable by the fact that Air France was sensitive to the boarding time and distributed drinks, hot towels and an amenities kit while economy was boarding. Staff spoke excellent English, and announcements were made in both French and English. Flight attendants were friendly, the seats fully reclined and the pillow and blanket were comfortable. Plane was clean and bathrooms spacious. Individual TV's with plenty of choice. Passengers kept well informed throughout. Upon arrival in Paris, immigration took about 5 seconds. A little disappointed with the lounge at CDG. Flight to Lisbon delayed 40 minutes. Flight aboard a B737. Service on this flight was surly. Overall, I would definitely take the transatlantic flight again but would try to avoid the CDG-LIS flight.

Air France Customer review :  16 December 2013 by R Morrell    (UK)

Booked seat Paris to Singapore months ago, 2 seats together with my wife. 7 days before flight they change the seats, my wife and I on separate sides of the plane. Contact Air France who refuse to change our seats. 4 days before our flight we find we have no seats allocated and are told we may get seats together when we check in. What a terrible way to treat customers. Their customer relations service is abysmal. Will not travel again with this company and hope that this information will make other people wary of travelling with this company.

Air France Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Mike Dench    (UK)

Flew to St Martin from Paris. We paid extra for the 'Ocean' inflight meal (£12 each). For this we got a starter with 4 prawns and a small forkful of crunchy vegetables, followed by small cubes of salmon and rice. The bread and cheese was the same as the ordinary meal. No glasses were provided for the standard quarter bottle of wine. I had to ask twice for a glass. No mineral water was provided as was with the standard meal. The dessert was a soggy tart pastry base with some lemon flavoured mush on it. Bearing in mind we had already paid for a standard meal in the ticket price and were paying extra for this tray Air France should be ashamed for ripping us off in this way. The standard meal looked better than ours and had a glass and mineral water. Do not upgrade your meal. French cuisine? No way!

Air France Customer review :  9 December 2013 by William Walter    (USA)

Flew Business Class from JFK-CDG-CAI-CDG-JFK. The Business Class seats were short in the reclining position so my 6' 2" frame did not fit. I had to sleep in the seated position. Food was fair. I have flown Air France in the past without problems but I will hesitate in the future.

Air France Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Brian Smith    (Japan)

NRT-CDG-FCO and return. On the outbound I flew premium economy and the return business class. I have enjoyed Air France for several reasons the past few years, on these long-hauls, and this flight was no different. They are on time, reliable, and the food is good. Their premium economy seat and benefits suits my space requirements, though, as many have said, the seat bottoms are very hard and there is no recline. If you're awake the entire flight, no problem, but don't think of sleeping. I upgraded for an extra fee on the return. The seat is much more comfortable and softer, but it is not a flat bed and doesn't allow for sleep. The food was even more creative and delicious up in business, but the mid-flight "buffet" is paltry. Flight attendants are usually very polite and efficient, and I've never had a problem with language. One small complaint I experienced this trip was that they tend to cater to and make over the French nationals, while being slightly perfunctory with non-French passengers. This is a mixed review, but really, the flights are smooth, food good, connection easy at CDG, and I am booked on two more premium economy flights from Japan to Europe this winter. One last comment, the flights and seats on long haul flights, in premium economy, are unique. The intra-Europe flights are always a let down in terms of seats. They are the same exact seats as economy. The only benefit being that you get a nice meal/snack and are at the front of the plane.

Air France Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Victoria Berg    (USA)

I was disappointed with the business class seats. Fairly uncomfortable! I don't understand the whole concept of sticking your feet into a cubby hole under the seat in front you. There is no real leg support and as the seat doesn't lay flat, you are always sliding. The armrests are also hard and elbows are sore at the end of a long flight. Even the Air France lounge at JFK was disappointing. Run down and staff not very good at cleaning. The lounge at CDG was better but still not great. Overall I would probably reserve with a different airline for my next trip as the value simply wasn't there.

Air France Customer review :  28 November 2013 by Joerg Boese    (Germany)

Paris-Johannesburg, Economy. A380, upper deck. Comfortable seats, excellent entertainment program and the best food in Economy I have had in years. Everything on time, flight attendants were offering water several times through the flight. Real headphones, not the 50 cent cheapos that sound like a tin can. Again very good breakfast. Absolutely no complaints, almost perfect for economy long-distance.

Air France Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Stephen Mitchell    (UK)

I flew CDG to KUL (Kuala Lumpur) on B777-200. Overall a good trip with attentive cabin service, very reasonable food and good wines. IFE very good with no system problems. Although I prefer the B777 over the A380, I find the seats in the latter too confining, the seat does not go fully flat and its like sleeping on a gentle hill; you tend to slip down and have to regularly push yourself back up to the pillow, does not make for a good nights sleep.

Air France Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Shawn Michael    (Finland)

The flight from JFK-CDG was delayed about an hour and Air France insisted that 50 minutes would be enough time to make my connecting flight to Helsinki (in a different terminal). I insisted right back that 50 minutes is nowhere near enough time at CDG knowing I would have to clear security twice, ride a bus and a train, and then go through passport screening and one more security check. The A380 was nothing special at all, unless you were in first class. There is no economy comfort, you just pay extra to sit in the exit row. The flight attendants bring drinks and food exactly twice and no more. The plane is gigantic, but somehow they really squished all those seats in there. I don't normally fly this route, usually I fly with KLM through Amsterdam and I am always pleased with their service. Air France continually leaves a lot to be desired in cabin service, the entertainment offerings were pitiful, the seats barely reclined, and the service that was there was awful. The one thing they did well was fix my connecting flight with Finnair - and Finnair recognized my Platinum status on SkyTeam.

Air France Customer review :  25 November 2013 by C Aurélien    (France)

CAN-CDG leg of a SYD-CDG journey. The business seat (NEV4, so the latest version so far on AF) is OK in terms of comfort, especially for taller people (shorter people may be frustrated in sitting position as they cannot reach the footrest). The main drawbacks are a lack of room for conveniently putting one's own belongings, and lack of privacy (especially compared to the CZ business configuration which we had on the A380 from SYD to CAN, which is great in terms of private space). Catering OK, although no choice for the starters (this should be improved). Good choice in terms of drinks, and possibility to access a bar at all time during the flight. Possibility to have a quick dinner service (without main course), thanks to a very efficient flight attendant; that was very appreciated on a night flight as we were keen on sleeping as soon as possible (and even more appreciated considering that the dinner service with AF is usually way too long). The IFE is a little bit poor, and the user interface is not very friendly (the way of listing the movies for instance should be improved - it always takes a lot of time to go through the whole lot). The flight was perfectly on time, both at departure and arrival. Globally a good experience.

Air France Customer review :  21 November 2013 by Michel Holu    (France)

29/10, AF 188, CDG-HKG. 6/11, AF 185, HKG-CDG. Flew from Paris to HKG and return. Seat is average on a 12-13 hours flight, staff, food and IFE were ok.

Air France Customer review :  20 November 2013 by Jen Fritz    (Canada)

I had SkyPriority Premium Economy seating on a flight from Toronto, Canada to Malaga, Spain with a stop in Paris, and return via the same route. The premium economy includes a few select rows with seats that have extra leg room and a deeper recline position. In-seat electric outlets for charging your electronics - they require a standard European plug. The comfort pack they handed out included socks, ear plugs, mask, toothbrush and toothpaste, and ear phone covers (headsets are built in to the seat) and TV screen either in the armrest or on seat back in front. In the bathroom there were Clarins face products and cotton pads to freshen up. Menu selection and food was very good. Alcoholic beverages are standard. After the meal we were handed a plastic container with a great selection of bon bons. Premium economy seating also meant passengers were able to board the aircraft before the regular economy passengers. Staff were pleasant and accommodating. This was such a great experience I will always choose Air France over a competitor when given the option for my flight.

Air France Customer review :  13 November 2013 by T Gibson    (UK)

Manchester to St Maarten, via Paris CDG. Apart from an hours delay in CDG on the outward leg, all flights were on time. A340-300 for the long haul is adequate in Economy, but seats are getting very hard with age, and the IFE on both long haul aircraft was two or three generations out of date, which is poor on a long flight. Food is barely adequate, AF is no exception to a general low standard. Staff polite and efficient, but only appeared at trolley service, no intermediate drinks service offered, available to collect from the galley only. KLM/AF have a monopoly on this route, which explains why this 8 hour flight costs as much as a trip to Australia. I would try KLM next time, and take my own cushion and packed lunch.

Air France Customer review :  13 November 2013 by Irene Kim    (USA)

Will never fly Air France again between LAX-CDG. I was 2.5 kg above the weight limit and the fine was 70 euro or about 90 US dollars (ridiculous). Check-in at CDG took 2.5 hours (5 lines required) and barely made it to the gate. Airbus A380 extremely uncomfortable.