Air France Passenger Reviews and Air France Customer Trip Reports

Air France Customer review :  5 February 2014 by Rickaby Terence    (UK)

AF 422, CDG to BOG. AF 423, BOG to CDG. SEAT 01F/3K. A340. In business for all flights. This was my second Business Class flight in a month with AF having travelled LCY-AMS-BKK. BKK-CDG-LHR in late November, 2103. The staff are always accommodating and friendly, the food good and plentiful, the seats on the A340's comfortable and all flights were on time. My biggest complaint for a very long haul flight, is that the IFE is not good enough for the price the Business traveller pays for the entire package. It is lacking functionality and lacks any decent programming content. Simply not on par with BA/Virgin etc. I had browsed most of the IFE on my previous return long flight BKK to CDG and to my horror same old so called entertainment system on both legs of CDG-BOG and BOG- CDG. Looking forward to a trip to Lima, Peru in March, but not with Air France.

Air France Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Enrique Simeone    (Belgium)

MVD-EZE-MVD - C class, Boeing 777. Surprised for a short flight. Great check in and well mannered staff, on board staff all good and smooth.

Air France Customer review :  3 February 2014 by J Blocks    (France)

TLS-CDG-DUB-AMS-TLS. Two of the four flights were late for no obvious reason. Luggage was lost on the way to Dublin and it took AF 12 hours to send the luggage despite frequent flights between CDG and DUB. Delay on DUB-AMS resulted in unscheduled overnight in AMS. Unfriendly and indifferent staff all the way. AF/KLM makes no effort to get passengers on their next flight, if the incoming flight is delayed. Got a hotel voucher in AMS for a hotel, which is up to one hour away from the airport (40min waiting time for the bus + 15 min to get there). You also have to queue twice when you lose your connection: once to get your new boarding pass and again to get your hotel voucher. And, finally, I got numerous messages that my baggage was lost on AMS-TLS as well, despite the fact that I found it eventually on the conveyor belt. Silver status on AF/KLM is worth nothing as I got seats in the last row or middle seats allocated.

Air France Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Khalil Rahman    (India)

DEL-CDG with connection within Europe return. The long distance flights were excellent, especially the daytime return flight to Delhi. The lounge in CDG is excellent and the food on the flight was superb, better than any other airline I have taken in years. Seat although not totally flat was comfortable and the entertainment system was good. Crew were professional. The European flights were without personality operated by Hop! with no real food or service. Long distance AF I found better than Lufthansa or Emirates business. But I find that economy is the acid test, most first world airlines have good long distance business class, it's economy short haul where they lose it.

Air France Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Bastien Antoine    (USA)

Flight 1904, CDG (Paris) to FCO (Rome), January 16, 2014. I was unable to select a seat on the Air France website, or by phone. However, during my short layover in Paris, the ticket counter person gave me a nice seat (10A). The seat was above-average, and I was able to sleep comfortably during most of the flight. The FAs were competent. The complimentary snack they provided was good: sandwich and small bottle of wine.

Air France Customer review :  28 January 2014 by N Petersen    (France)

CDG-JFK. Very positive flight experience. New airplane with comfortable seats, decent food, friendly FAs.

Air France Customer review :  25 January 2014 by David Andrew    (Singapore)

Singapore-Paris on AF257. Plane was an old 777 not in great shape. Unpleasant smell and not very clean. Seats very cramped and awful for a long flight. Food terrible one of the worst experienced. Service from crew feels cold and distant. No service of drinks/water in between meals, one has to go to the back galley for self service for water and snacks - which was also awful limited choice. Crew literally disappears for most of the flight a good 10 hours and appear only 2 hours prior to arrival for breakfast service. Inflight entertainment is a sad looking small screen with blurry images and poor sound system and even worse limited selection of shows. Really I wish there was more positive things I can say about this flight - but it was overall a great disappointment - you know it's not good when you feel like you just want the flight to end quickly and keep looking at the time wishing it will go faster so you can get out! This flight made me feel depressed, very tired, very hungry and I kept wishing I had taken Singapore Airline or even Emirates on this route.

Air France Customer review :  24 January 2014 by M Gailan    (USA)

LAX-CDG on A380 and from CDG-CMN on A320. One of the worst routes I've had. I was shocked with their service, cleanliness and seats, although I bought a seat plus! I was very disappointed with what they call a seat plus and I don't recommend anybody pay for them as they are not worth it. The seats were very uncomfortable, we were sitting in the first row, the TV screen that comes out from the side of the seat was not aligned in a way where you can watch comfortably, and there were no window as shown on the seat plan. The flight attendants were the rudest I've seen on a plane. Bathrooms were not clean, food was ok. On the way back though it was different. The seats were good, on the A380 the seat was in the upper deck and was not a seat plus, it was much better then the seat plus. The flight attendants on both flights from CMN to CDG and from CDG to New York were very friendly and helpful. The food was better on the return flight as well.

Air France Customer review :  24 January 2014 by S Das    (USA)

Atlanta to Paris twice in December 2013. On both the Atlanta-Paris flights, the first immediate sensation upon boarding the plane was the strong stench of urine. Imagine suffering that for the first 2-3 hours of the flight. On the Air France flight from Paris to Bangalore, at takeoff, the door to one of the four toilets was already taped up and marked "unusable". 3 hours into the flight, the one across from it got clogged up, leaving only two operating toilets for the entire Economy section. The food was terrible, not even properly heated up. There were no snacks brought out by staff. The seats have no cushioning left, completely worn out. The quality of service has decreased a lot over the past 2 years.

Air France Customer review :  22 January 2014 by Jenny Hill    (Sweden)

BKK-CDG. This was my first flight with Air France (and last). What a big disappointment it was. On a 12.5-hour flight, I thought we would be served plenty of food and drink. First serving was ok but after that the service was extremely poor. The cabin crew sat in the galley chatting with each other the whole trip. I bothered the staff by asking if i could get a glass of juice and some snacks. I could not believe what I heard when they said that they had run out juice, snacks and sandwiches. Second serving came about two hours before landing or nine hours since we last ate so we were really hungry but the food was pitiful and inedible. The only positive thing on this flight was the IFE. I strongly advise against traveling with Air France but if you do it despite this warning don't forget to bring sandwiches with you.

Air France Customer review :  22 January 2014 by C Watson    (Switzerland)

CDG-PVG (Shanghai). I got a good deal probably as it was a China Eastern code share. On time in both directions. Upgraded to Premium Eco on their A380 on the way out. Spacious aircraft, good service, pretty good IFE, good range of drinks including champagne (digestifs on the menu but they don't come around to offer it) but the food is rather bland. Breakfast not very nice and nasty coffee served with powdered creamer. I woke up 3/4 of the way through the flight due a sore bottom - disappointing that the Prem Eco seats on a new aircraft should be so uncomfortable. Return on an older B777 in economy was actually more pleasant - felt more airy, well maintained if a bit worn but cosier somehow with more comfortable seats. Not well equipped for China despite now flying to four destinations and partnering with MU. Only one interpreter aboard, no Chinese-speaking cabin attendants. Problematic for a few passengers. Also, transferring in PVG is a pain - you need to clear immigration, customs and then check-in again (you might have to wait for it to open if longer than 4 hours before departure). This took 2 hours on the way out. Day stopover on the way in but I had to put my bag in left luggage as they can't check it through. Decent product, work to be done.

Air France Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Vassilakis Dimitri    (France)

KIX-CDG. Flight departed on time and after the terrible and insufficient meal service, attendants passed and lowered all window blinds, I refused to close mine (the main reason I chose this flight, though I know how mediocre AF is, was exactly because I wanted to avoid a night flight) and 3 different attendants came to ask me (politely though) to close it, since most passengers wanted to either sleep (it was 2 in the afternoon) or watch a film. Most windows shields were only opened upon landing, this is 10 hours later! During the second meal service (even worse than the first one) a hostess dared wake up the passenger sleeping next to me in order to offer him a tray . I consider this a lack of respect. I read that they are trying to raise their standards in order to match the Gulf and other Asian airlines, but they still have a very long way to go.

Air France Customer review :  20 January 2014 by P Panyakeow    (USA)

A380, JFK-CDG-VRN and back. The service was very good on both flights. Flight attendants were very polite, attentive, and friendly. All requests were given promptly. The check-in, escort experience at JFK was very good. The agent visited me in the lounge to make sure everything was ok, engaged in small talk, escorted me to the plane and introduced me to the FAs. The food on flight out of JFK was average for first class. The seat privacy may not be an enclosed suite, but it is far enough from other seats to feel the privacy. I am not a privacy freak American anyway. IFE/TV may not be as good but it is not the thing I care since I rarely watch anything on the flights. Bed quality and size were very good. The lounge experiences in Paris is nothing to compare! Nothing comes close to Air France First Class Lounge experience. The design of the lounge is modern and tasteful. Everybody at Air France First Lounge was friendly, attentive. They also leave you alone to give privacy but when you gave the sign that you need anything, you get fast/polite/genuine responses. Every agents that will give me some service/escorts came to introduce themselves and engaged in small talks. The massages were very good. The food and wine were also the highlight. Food quality/presentation/taste and service were on par with top restaurants. The Limo escorts to the flights were very nice and made me feel like a king. The agent from the first visit remembered my return flight to JFK. While he couldn't be there that day, he sent over another agent to come say goodbye and wished me a good flight while I was seated on the plane. CDG-JFK service was even better, the FAs were very professional, genuinely friendly, and attentive. The food out of CDG was much better. Arrival escort at JFK was good. She walked with me all the way outside to send me off with Delta Agent for my connecting flights. All in all, the best experience I ever got in first class.

Air France Customer review :  20 January 2014 by M Efraim    (France)

AF 184, CDG-HKG with Boeing 777. Seat plus in Economy class on Emergency exit, so plenty of space for the legs. Food was ok, not gourmet-cuisine but a lot (snacks, dinner, sandwich, ice cream, snacks, breakfast). Crew very nice. I was expecting a horrible long flight, it actually turned out to be one my most enjoyable AF flights in Economy. On the other hand, Flight back to Paris with KLM on the old 747 half cargo was a bad joke.

Air France Customer review :  16 January 2014 by J Bolin    (France)

Flew CDG-BKK-CDG with the awful Boeing 777-300ER (77W) that Air France is using on the BKK route. Just two words: never again! The seat is very uncomfortable and is announced 32" pitch, but I cannot understand how this is measured as you feel confined in a tiny space and your knees keep being hurt with the magazine holder. Forget if you are taller than 5'6". For drinking, and although AF advertises about Champagne even in Economy, it was not possible to obtain more than a reduced choice of beverages, and of course no Champagne. As I had ordered a vegetarian meal, there was no wine with my dinner and the food was bland. Staff very ineffective and chatting loudly all the time in the galley, never cleaning the cabin (some rubbish have been staying on the floor for 9 hours). IFE screen is very poor. A pity for more than 900 euros, comparing with other airlines, for instance Thai Airways that also has a direct flight. Maybe Premium Economy or Business classes are more comfortable but Premium Eco is double price and I do not think it is worth it.

Air France Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Sandy Brown    (UK)

Ho Chi Minh to Paris, seats in economy were good and the entertainment system was fine. We boarded on time and took off, the cabin crew came round after an hour with first meal and it was ok. There was supposed to be a self service system on board but it apparently ran out of sandwiches and snacks. It was supposed to be haagen dazs ice cream but in fact it was a cheap type. The food running out is a disgrace and on such a long haul 12 hours it is the only flight I have been on with nothing to eat for 9 hours between meals. The crew could not be bothered.

Air France Customer review :  13 January 2014 by J Hartley    (UK)

Flew LHR to BKK via CDG (Economy) December 2013. Seats very narrow on Boeing 777, and less comfortable than seats on British Airways, EVA and Thai Airways, which I have used on flights to Bangkok previously. IFE was OK. Food outbound to BKK was good, with good wine and cheese. On the return journey back from Bangkok, the food was poor, with some type of very fatty meat as a main course that I (and my wife) could not eat, or even identify. Furthermore, after the main meal it was a long, long time until breakfast was served, leaving myself and my fellow passengers hungry. I later established that snacks were available if you made your own way to the galley to collect them, but this availability was not announced and by the time I realised (whilst visiting the toilet) all of the sandwiches and most of the ice creams had gone (NOT acceptable). Cabin crew were pleasant and polite, but did not seem proactive in any way and (to me) this was evidenced by the fact that they did not bother to serve the snacks or make any announcement as to their availability. The interconnection at CDG was pretty seamless and posed no problem at all. Given the narrow and uncomfortable seats and the poor catering and associated service on the aircraft, I would not recommend that you use this airline for this journey, unless BA / EVA / Thai are all significantly more expensive for your chosen dates.