Air France Passenger Reviews and Air France Customer Trip Reports

Air France Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Betty Pentier    (UK)

LHR-SFO with a change at CDG. LHR-CDG flight was a short one, enough to give an overall good impression. Flight lasted less than an hour, but were offered drinks and a pastry breakfast. Staff were friendly and the cabin was clean. Flight from CDG-SFO was brilliant. Very satisfied with the entire flight, the seats were comfortable! Flight attendants were friendly and attentive. Once we began to taxi on the runway, the personal video screens changed from the standard screen to show a live camera from the cockpit! The video screens themselves were really good. There were no grids and the picture was clear. The sound also worked well. The controls were responsive and there was a really good selection. Impressed with the food. I usually pre-order a special meal but I decided to chance the standard meal. I had a chicken in sauce main course with couscous. I got a nice roll with a good sized wedge of packaged brie, a large thick slice of packaged pineapple, and a really tasty, good sized, chunk of brownie for dessert. 1.5-2 hours before landing, we got our second meal. I got pieces of seasoned chicken with potatoes and a sauce. There was lemon tart for dessert along with another bread roll and package of cream cheese. The entire flight was enjoyable. The plane was comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly and polite and spoke fluent English. The announcements from the cockpit were clear and the captain gave little updates throughout the flight. I would definitely fly Air France again.

Air France Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Kevin Li    (Australia)

Boeing 767 on a trip to Paris (CDG) via Singapore. The only element that was good was the refreshment, they were typical western style. Not good was the seat, they are not wide enough, very narrow. On the flight back it was the same.

Air France Customer review :  23 September 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

AMS-MRS on a newly configured Air France A319. The seats don't really recline, a la Ryanair, but they are far more comfortable. Service was minimal but I appreciated getting a real (espresso) coffee. Staff service was excellent although no explanation or apology was given for the delay. Arrival to Marseille smooth and bags came out quickly. Would fly again.

Air France Customer review :  12 September 2013 by M Harding    (USA)

We were in the upper deck of the A380 on a direct flight from CDG to LAX last month. Navigating CDG is a challenge, but the very comfortable lounge was a welcome respite after trudging what seemed like forever. This was our first experience with the A380, and were very pleased with the remarkably quiet upper deck. We also appreciated the dedicated passenger ramp at both ends of the journey that made entrance and exit very easy. The flight crew was outstanding, very polite and personable. The were very accommodating to my requests for meals, whether light or full, whenever I wanted them. Food and wine quality was excellent. I echo the comments of other passengers regarding the seats. I'm 6'2", 200 lbs and the "sleeping" position was very uncomfortable for me. Sitting comfort was just okay. My wife is much shorter so it wasn't as much of an issue for her. As an aside, the seats on the AF 777's are no better. I'm not sure who AF, Airbus, and Boeing used to test the design for a business class seat, but they obviously recruited no one my size or larger. That aside, the overall experience was very good, and I would recommend AF.

Air France Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Albert Vasquez    (Australia)

I flew AF 256 on 20/8/13, upgrading to premium economy at CDG for a substantial price. Unfortunately my expectations were not met with what was a less than satisfactory onboard service. On boarding I was allocated seat 21A which I identified immediately was broken, I brought this to the attention of the male flight attendant. The seat would not stay in its retracted position and I had concerns that this would not be safe. I was most disappointed when this was not dealt with. He returned to say that it would be ok and continued on. The service in general in prem-Eco was less than satisfactory. On arrival into SIN and deplaning I brought it to the attention of the female cabin crew positioned between pre-Eco / economy and asked that it be reviewed prior to the return flight to Paris. She stated that her flight was finished and it was not her problem. It is for this reason that I would not consider flying Air France again.

Air France Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Curt Hous    (USA)

We have traveled all over the USA and Europe for over 30 years. This trip was 3 weeks long, we were on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia etc. with the same luggage. But Air France charged us £60 each for small carry on bags that all other airlines allow free. The check in clerk was very rude and rigid in typical French fashion. They were proud to say that they are different and do not belong to the "One World Alliance". The on board experience was just as bad, flight attendants were rude and unwelcoming, service was poor. This was a pleasure trip and Air France took all of the joy out of air travel. We will never fly Air France again and would not recommend.

Air France Customer review :  10 September 2013 by J Hutter    (Germany)

BSL-CDG-IAD / JFK-CDG-BSL. The short legs on ATR 72 were nice, solid. Quick round of drinks and choice of snack. Easy check in / boarding due to small plane and few passengers. Changing in CDG between 2E and 2G absolutely without a problem via airside shuttle bus and many signs. CDG-IAD on A380 with mixed results: Economy seats on upper deck are a plus when travelling as a couple - only 2 seats at window with nice little storage compartment between seat and window. Very good choice of films/music on IFE. However, for an airplane of 2.5 years of age the interior looks like straight from the 90s: egg-shell-whiteish plastic and a smallish screen. The weirdest thing is that the screen is offset to the left to accommodate the remote control on the right. This makes for awkward angles of head/neck while watching films. Seats quite hard but enough leg room for me (6 ft 6). Crew very nice and open bar in the galleys throughout flight. Still do not understand the boarding process: They started boarding 40 minutes before departure despite 500+ passengers and a more thorough check due to flight to the US. Departure therefore almost an hour late. JFK-CDG in 10 year old 777-200 with the same seats/video screens/interior design. Crew very nice. They recognized me not fitting in my regular seat (albeit officially the same pitch in 380 and 772) so they moved me to bulkhead seats with lots of leg room. Seats very hard. Weird time of serving a good selection of (for airplane standards) good food: After a midnight takeoff they started serving a full dinner despite almost all passengers longing for sleep. All in all a good experience with some quirks that need to be cleaned up.

Air France Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Steven Manootham    (Germany)

BKK-CDG-HAM. My AF Flight was a morning flight at 9.45 am. Check-in staff very friendly and helpful, flight full on B777, 10 seat abreast in Y Class, very tiny seat with footrest, tiny aisle, very cramped. Crews very rude, didn't want to speak English, 2 hours after departure crews begun with service, lunch (only 1 choice) but high quality and quantity, with bottle of red and port wine packed in the food tray, only soft drinks and beer were offered, finalized with coffee and tea. 30 mins later Duty Free offered, after Duty Free informed that self- service bar with soft drinks was offered at the galley, from that time on FA's were absent. No water or beverage offering during the flight until next snack service (sandwich, croissant, cheese, tea and coffee) 2 hours before landing. Luckily AF has a very good IFE on board. Transiting at CDG 2E to 2F was smooth and easy (not horror as reported). CDG-HAM on A321 with croissant and soft drink. Other disappointing: no glass of champagne for Y class as advised in the website and newspapers.

Air France Customer review :  6 September 2013 by C O'Hanlon    (UK)

BHX-CDG-BHX. Outbound flight fine, on time and good service on board consisted of complimentary snack and drink. Plane was an Embraer type, narrow body with a 2x2 configuration. Plenty of leg room and leather seats made it a comfy experience. No IFE as only a 45 minute flight. Return flight, I arrived late at the check-in (25 mins before the departure time). I can't praise the AF ground staff highly enough for getting me on that flight, particularly as I was due to attend a wedding back in the UK. The flight was the same as the outbound one. AF still takes some beating on this short hop.

Air France Customer review :  4 September 2013 by F Paolo    (Italy)

Flight AF695, MIA-CDG, 12/08/2013: This flight is operated with one of the last 7 B747 that remains in operation with Air France. Crew were nice and the flight was on time both at departure and arrival. Meals were good and on best standard around for Airlines. Now there comes the downsides: the seats are some of the worst I've flown. Then, the IFE crashed throughout the airplane just few minutes after takeoff, the crew restarted it 3/4 times without success. Lastly was the seat was not cleaned at all: there was trash in my front pocket and some trash under the seat, also the two rows near me was full of trash, the crew apologized and cleaned while before departure. At least a nice and gentle crew.

Air France Customer review :  4 September 2013 by M Haasz    (France)

ICN-CDG. Run down seats (old generation), several parts in seat and armrests missing. No lie-flat seat. Too short (I am 1.87 cm - I guess it can only accommodate persons up to 1.75 cm). I complained to the crew who was very attentive to my comments but could not do anything but agree. Food: average for business class. A bad experience.

Air France Customer review :  2 September 2013 by R Girard    (France)

I flew from Paris CDG to Hamburg through the modern terminal 2F. The flight was good and the crew were polite and helpful. The seats had a good recline even for a short flight of 1.5hrs. The one thing that I regret is the food choice - only croissants were offered. I will use this airline again for my next trip.

Air France Customer review :  2 September 2013 by J Rossi    (USA)

Recent trip from BOS to CDG as a SkyTeam Elite was anything but pleasant. I am enrolled in Delta's program rather than AF's (though I probably fly AF and KLM more than Delta) and the whole "SkyTeam seamless travel" ad campaign is an absolute joke. My platinum status did nothing to upgrade me to the Premium Economy seats though it is supposed to - at check-in AF said I could only upgrade for a fee. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, the story changed and "all the Premium Economy seats are already taken, but if not we would of course upgrade you." Getting on the flight, 3 out of 27 Premium Economy seat were occupied. I politely asked the head steward if under the circumstances I could take a PE seat and he gruffly said that I should have asked on the ground - it was impossible to ever, upgrade passengers once on board! No one is actually bad, they just don't care and have learned that they can fob off any complaint. Flight attendants do an adequate job of serving dinner then you don't see them again, the food on board is also adequate, economy seats are expectedly uncomfortable, IFE screens tiny. The best thing about AF are the CDG lounges. The worst thing is the uselessness of working to get status on SkyTeam when partners can be utterly arbitrary in honoring its benefits.

Air France Customer review :  29 August 2013 by Margaret Crowe    (UK)

Flew from London City Airport to Brest on 20th August, Flight AF5291 and returned on 27th August Flight AF5290. Having arrived 2 hours before my flight at London City Airport and being second in the queue at check-in I was told I was being put on stand-by as Air France were not sure how much luggage they would be able to carry. I was told to go away and return 40 minutes before my flight and that I may have to divert to Paris or stay in a hotel at City Airport overnight. Being an elderly person travelling on my own I was concerned by this and this was not helped by the attitude of the Air France staff. Having booked my ticket 6 weeks ago and arriving in plenty of time before check-in I feel that this was totally unacceptable. I will certainly not be travelling with Air France until they improve their service and their attitude towards their customers.

Air France Customer review :  29 August 2013 by D Ward    (Costa Rica)

Flying from Atlanta to Paris CDG in Economy. We were held on the runway at Atlanta due to thunderstorms. Not the fault of AF but where were the crew? It was stiflingly hot, but no sign of water. The menu looked good, but the meal was abysmal. The champagne aperitif turned out to be a choice of a long opened bottle of fizz or a plastic bottle of vin de table. Miserable staff who then disappeared until offering a low grade snack before landing.

Air France Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Bernard Feissat    (France)

Brussels to CDG and CDG to Narita in First Class on Aug 2nd 2013. I had booked in business but upgraded. Boarded a train in Brussels, allowed to wait in Thalys lounge, comfortable but basic, no service on the train but luggage handed over and rather short trip of 75 minutes in first class. Collect luggage on the platform in CDG, pretty quick, an AF staff member welcomed us on the platform. Small waiting lounge while our luggage was checked in, accompanied through priority immigration and security line, then to the First class lounge. Accompanied and driven by car to the plane and introduced to the crew on A380. A nice female attendant took good care of us all through the flight, very professional, a quick lunch (just a main course and light sweet as I had eaten in the lounge). After lunch I changed into the pyjamas offered, coming back to my seat the FA had turned it into a bed with mattress, soft pillow and comfortable quilt. Nice breakfast of apple pancakes and tea. After landing, first to disembark, welcomed by AF staff, priority lane for immigration and by the time we entered luggage hall, our case had already been collected by another AF staff waiting for us with a luggage cart. All in all a very good experience.

Air France Customer review :  28 August 2013 by T Poirey    (USA)

Paris to Washington (IAD) in economy on August 27. We had a pair of seats aisle + window with a convenient individual mini-storage bin by the window on top deck of Airbus A380. Extremely quiet and smooth flight. Aircraft very clean and in excellent shape. Reasonably comfortable seats with small footrest and excellent video/audio selection (wide music selection and at least 30 movies to chose from in a variety of languages). Departure delayed a few minutes due to a couple of passengers showing up late. Crew was pleasant and helpful. Food was average for economy. Open bar in the rear throughout the flight is a definite plus. All in all, a good experience. Value for money was top by definition: frequent flyer award tickets earned in Delta FF program (yes, FF tickets can be had even in high season, at least when you book 9 months in advance).

Air France Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Vithiea Peang    (UK)

Flew with them back in February and March. One is ABZ-CDG. Another one is CDG-ZRH. Both are returned flight. Enjoy all the flight even there was nothing much to comment as they were all short flight. Check-in at Zurich was nice as the staffs checked through my baggage straight into ABZ even though I bought two separated tickets. Sandwiches, snacks and drinks are offered onboard which were alright. There is not IFE. So can't comment on that. Would have been much better to get a proper meal for the price I've paid for. Overall, satisfied with the airline and would fly them again.

Air France Customer review :  23 August 2013 by M Bryant    (USA)

August 1st - Minnesota to Paris aboard AF 340-300 flight was great. Enjoyed the larger seats and more leg room, food was average, wine with and after dinner was good. The air-conditioning in the airplane was not working correctly so we sat on our blanket and pillows which offset the hardness of the seat. After dinner we were offered liquor, flight attendants were friendly and accommodating. Since we departed at 8pm shortly after dinner, the lights were turned off encouraging passengers to sleep or take advantage of the in screen entertainment. Screen size was exceptional big and easy to watch, movie and TV selections were average. Breakfast was served about an hour before landing, again the food was just average. Would fly AF Premium economy again, absolutely, so much better than economy.

Air France Customer review :  23 August 2013 by M Bryant    (USA)

August 21st, Paris to Minnesota aboard AF 340-300. Flight delayed an hour because of a problem with the air- conditioning. Once again, we enjoyed the larger seat and extra leg room. I especially like the option which allowed me to raise the seat front to support my calves. When dinner was served; my choice of chicken was quite good, while my husbands choice of risotto was not good at all. Flight departed at 1.50 pm, the lights were dimmed after dinner to enable passengers to get some rest. Attendants came through 3 or 4 times offering snacks and ice cream, as well as additional drinks. The entertainment options were exactly the same offered on our previous flight. Once again, we did not need the blankets, so we sat on them which compensated for the hardness of the seats. My only complaint is the handling of our luggage. One of the advertised benefits of booking and paying for premium economy is to have your bags tagged priority’ which is supposed to insure prompt delivering upon arrival. As I stated, our flight was an hour late departing, therefore we only had 45 minutes to make our connection in Minnesota. We were traveling with friends who did not opt for premium economy. We both checked in at the same time. Upon arriving in Minnesota, our bags, which were tagged priority, were definitely not delivered in a timely manner. In fact, many non priority bags arrived long before ours; including those belonging to our friends to flew economy. As a result, we barely made our connection (2 minutes) our bags did not.

Air France Customer review :  22 August 2013 by Kym Streeter    (Australia)

CDG-VIE, took this morning flight, and it's so disappointing to see the standards drop so low. For breakfast if you don't drink Tea of Coffee, it's Bread (croissant) and water, no juice of any kind. Crew look suitably embarrassed. And you have for the inflight entertainment the reading of their Air France magazine. The paper cup and napkin is collected in a rubbish bag very quickly after serving and then the crew disappear. Virtually a low cost company.

Air France Customer review :  14 August 2013 by Jerome Levadoux    (USA)

Frankfurt to Clermont Ferrand - connecting in Paris, with both segments on Air France. Connection requires you to switch from terminal 2F to 2G in Paris, which involves exiting the airport, taking a shuttle and going through security again. My first flight was slightly late, as a result I got to the gate 10 mins before departure. They refused to let me on, supposedly they close the doors 10 mins before departure. Granted I am a frequent flier, the flight probably does not have more than 2 dozen people on it, I was already checked in and on my way from the other terminal. You would have thought they would make an effort. Unfortunately that's a recurring problem, and since they have a monopoly on flights to smaller French airports like Clermont Ferrand, they could not care less about what people think. I absolutely do not recommend this airline to anyone. Very high prices, terrible service, no consideration for customers. If you can avoid it, I recommend you do so.

Air France Customer review :  13 August 2013 by D Ryan    (Australia)

Return trip, Hong Kong to Paris. Outbound flight was delayed 1.5 hours but landed close to on time. Seat was hard but putting your pillow and blanket underneath you helps. I prefer normal recliner seats to the Air France shell seats as the recline is minimal. Food was reasonable and staff service was much warmer on the return flight.

Air France Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Jack Demsey    (Australia)

Singapore to Paris return. Arrived at Singapore airport and read an email saying my family of 5 had been bumped and told to come back the next day. After speaking/begging with a very helpful Air France rep we were put on a Singapore airlines flight leaving roughly the same time. Flight back from Paris to Singapore on an A380 was great, excellent cabin staff who were extremely pleasant and helpful with my young children, food was good, plenty of drinks, entertainment was a bit limited for adults but the kids loved it. Overall preferred the Air France flight home more than our unexpected Singapore airlines flight over.

Air France Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Gael Dufoyet    (France)

CDG-Dusseldorf. Check in was quick with the machine and involved zero interaction with staff. Lounge was basic but I guess it is normal since they have only European flights from Terminal 2F. Boarding as usual is chaotic but Priority boarding announcement was still made less than a minute before general boarding was called. Once on board, fantastic, friendly and elegant purser welcomed and greeted passengers. For the price of the ticket, the catering was awful with cold tasteless amuse bouche served. Seats are all the same across all cabins with 2 rows of business class (2 passengers sharing 3 seats) and a row of premium economy class (3 passengers on 3 seats) then a curtain separating economy class which gives an extremely cramped and stressful feeling. The cabin crew did their best but honestly the hard product let everything down.

Air France Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Iain Bagwell    (USA)

ATL-CDG, 7/13/13, B777-300. Take off and landing on time etc. Nothing special or terrible to report. I thought the business class on Air France, although not bad, is also not good. Seats recline OK, but not especially comfortable. The 3 across the middle of business class seems outdated to me these days. The food was terrible for business class. Terrible fish, horrible cheese, wine selection OK. Overall no reason to compliment or complain and given the ticket price I think I was just about getting value for money.

Air France Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Daniel Lawson    (UK)

Upon checking in at Bangkok I was told I would have to pay $100 US for an a second checked in bag despite only having 20 kilos. I have travelled on international flights for 35 years and have never heard of this policy. When I requested an emergency exit seat as I am over 6 ft 3 I was told all these seats were taken and anyway they cost 70 Euros extra. On boarding I observed 2 empty emergency exit seats. Finally, I was dismayed at the on-board food they served and expected a lot more from their national carrier from a country that supposedly has some of the best cuisine in the world. I could not eat the food as it was stale and tasteless. All I could stomach on a 14 hour flight was a very small ham roll. Never again Air France.

Air France Customer review :  6 August 2013 by D Elliott    (UK)

Arrived at CDG 3 hours before flight with my young daughter to be told that our flight home was overbooked and that this wasn't unusual as Air France overbook all of their flights. We were handed standby by boarding cards, and, 3 hours later, at 9pm, it was confirmed that we wouldn't be able to board the plane by the most bored looking, ill mannered, unhelpful and unsympathetic customer service representative I have ever encountered. We were eventually taken elsewhere and issued with a voucher for a hotel and meal. We were vaguely pointed in the direction we needed to travel and told that, with children, it would take about 45 minutes to get across the airport to the hotel shuttle bus stop. After a torturous trek across the airport, we eventually got to the bus stop and then to our hotel so late that the restaurant had long since closed and the only food available was from a vending machine.

Air France Customer review :  5 August 2013 by A Macarron    (Denmark)

CPH-CDG-MIA / JFK-CDG-CPH. I upgraded to Business class on the CDG-MIA flight, operated by an ageing 747-400 but everything worked just fine, cabin was clean and seat comfortable. JFK-CDG was an A380-800 aircraft. We had a delay of almost 2 hours on departure from JFK due to ATC but captain kept us informed and was very apologetic. In general food was good but it could be better. Flight attendants were outstanding, especially on both long haul flights, they were just some of the best I have ever had. The worst was that I missed my connection at CDG and the customer service agent wanted me to wait for 6 hours when there was an available flight 1.5 hours after our late arrival. Overall, very satisfied with AF. Chapeau to its cabin crew!

Air France Customer review :  1 August 2013 by W Ho    (Hong Kong)

We flew from Venice to Paris and will connect from Paris to HKG. Flight from Venice to Paris was 10 mins late and the flight to HKG left. Next available flight is 24 hour after. Customer service staff were rude and unfriendly. We requested to have seat upgrade due to 24 hour delay and our request was rejected. At the airport, we requested lounge access and they still declined request. In addition, seats are horrible and your back hurts after a 12-hour flight. Food was cold.

Air France Customer review :  1 August 2013 by Siva Shankar Gadipalli    (India)

SFO-BLR (SFO-CDG-BLR) this week. Flight departure delayed by 13+ hours due to technical problem. We were literally waiting in Paris Airport almost for 16 hours and we were neither given accommodation nor not alternative flight.

Air France Customer review :  1 August 2013 by D Radojevic    (Russia)

IAH-CDG-SVO. Both flights late. Catering good and onboard staff friendly. Seats not up to specs for business class, especially CDG-SVO where the legroom is smaller than in some competitor economy cabins. CDG-SVO delayed 2hrs due to technical problem and then another 35 minutes for wrong catering being loading onboard. Overall below expectations and not fair value for money paid. Air France service has deteriorated in last years and the only positive is the cabin crew that does it's job with a sense of pleasure. CDG airport is a nightmare and a story on it's own.

Air France Customer review :  31 July 2013 by S Weitz    (USA)

IAD to CDG, continuing on to DUB. A380, upper deck, 62F. Seat is nice when sitting, but for sleeping it is just dreadful. Not flat, the headrest is apparently made of marble so your head actually hurts when you use their flat pillow to sleep, and heaven help you if you are in the window and your seatmate is sleeping. The pitch is far too skimpy for comfort. Food and beverages are fine - although I don't understand why you have precisely two hot meal choices on an A380. The amenity kit is poor. The service was surprisingly friendly and good on this flight - I will give them that. CDG is the predictable mess - delays, lack of information, and the busses to shuttle you to connections so loved by Euro airports. When you have other options that have flat seats (Delta, BA, Brussels, etc) and don't have to go through CDG, I can't fathom why I would continue to take AF. On the bright side, it was better than the last time I flew.

Air France Customer review :  30 July 2013 by T Williams    (UK)

LCY-Nuremberg. City Jet owned by AF. Like using LCY as it's quieter, classier than other airports. However disappointed with seat space and sandwich options on flight. On time. For return wanted to investigate changing flight. Ringing phone line from a mobile in Germany - god knows how much it has cost. Couldn't speak to anyone despite numerous tries. You actually get cut off if they decide too long a queue, this happens after menu options so waste money and have to call later. Then when connected again held in a queue for 7 mins then gave up. Went online put details in you go round in circles on the website, clicking modify flight etc this just to find the cost of changing. In the end rebooked with competitor.

Air France Customer review :  29 July 2013 by N Singh    (India)

DEL-CDG-ZRH and back by Premium Economy in June-July 2013. Pros: 1) Priority access for check in (all airports), security (all except DEL), passport control (all except DEL), boarding (all airports). 2) Additional baggage allowance. 3) Comfortable seats with large screen, good sized tray tables, USB charging points at each seat. 4) Personal amenities kit given. 5) Business class seating (with meals) on short haul flights within Europe (CDG-ZRH) and back since there is no premium economy seating on these flights. Cons: 1) Have to use economy lavatories. 2) Cutlery is still plastic. Overall worth the little extra that you spend as compared to regular economy.

Air France Customer review :  29 July 2013 by S Cohen    (USA)

My flight to Paris was cancelled after sitting at LAX yesterday for more than 3 hours. No explanation, no attempt to help us get on another flight. It took me forever to get through to AF and rebook a flight for tomorrow. They were rude, almost acting as if they were doing me a favor to rebook my flight. This is not my first bad experience. I will never fly AF again. Unfriendly, cold and distant. Most of all, terrible customer service.

Air France Customer review :  24 July 2013 by Z Bakenov    (Kazakhstan)

Rome to Marseille on July 17. Flight was late to depart, after boarding I asked for water, but was asked to wait until take off. After my repeated request I got a glass of water. Luggage was delivered late in Marseille - spent more than one hour to get it - no explanation in English. We could not go to our hotel after the flight because there were no taxis, and the hotel shuttle service has finished at midnight. Hope they will improve their service.

Air France Customer review :  23 July 2013 by John Oakley    (UK)

I flew from Paris to Johannesburg in March. The weather was very poor however the flight was not delayed because of it, we were boarded and then sat on the plane for 4 hours with nothing happening. The only reason given at the time was that the luggage had not arrived at the aircraft but we had no idea how long it was likely to be. As a result I missed a connecting flight. I will never consider flying with them again.

Air France Customer review :  23 July 2013 by Emmanuel Cuignet    (France)

CDG (2F) - NCE. The flight was in a newly refurbished A320. Crew friendly and professional. Decent value for the money for the 1hr 15 mins long flight.

Air France Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Robert Grimshaw    (UK)

Bangkok to Paris departing 10am on July 2nd. Fed a full meal with Wine and Port about 30 mins into the flight. The meal was OK. I was feeling unwell due to heat stroke and asked for a brandy but was told that spirits were not available - only soft drinks, water or beer. During the flight I needed water, I had to use the call button several times before they came to see what I wanted. Later when I asked for more water the attendant said that I could always get my own. No other food served for almost 10 hours and then just a snack. It is the worst long haul flight I have ever experienced. The service was non existent.

Air France Customer review :  17 July 2013 by D Newlin    (USA)

Departing from Washington Dulles to CDG Paris, AF0027, June 21st and returning from CDG, AF0026 to Dulles, 7/2. I will never fly Air France again - my 13 year old daughter and myself went for 2 weeks to Paris - flew Business Class. Going over the food was good (not great), however, I noticed how frayed some of the seats in business class were which was just the beginning. Seat is horrible so no sleep for me, coming back my tray table was broken (yes, in Business class) so I had to prop it up with my knees as I didn't want to sit apart from my daughter. The food was terrible and the seat again was horrible if you are trying to get some sleep.

Air France Customer review :  16 July 2013 by E Lee-Gabriel    (Australia)

I have being flying regularly with Air France for the past 9 years in economy and business class. Normally inflight economy service is excellent with good range of food and beverages available and being offered. On the flight from Paris to Bangkok (July 12), although the plane was newish and with good entertainment the service was absent. The dinner service was a tray with no selection of food or drinks. It contained a pre-packaged cocktail and red wine. No other beverages were offered and no other drinks or snacks offered during the flight. At one point during the flight I went in search of a glass of water, not having been offered or provided anything for several hours. I was given a drink and told to go to another galley where I might find ice cream if I was lucky - not even the crew knew what was available. This took self serve to a whole new level. This was one step away from a pack lunch. I chose Air France above other less expensive airlines as I had always enjoyed Air France service and variety offered. A premium airline cannot charge a premium price and fail to provide service otherwise why pay the price when a cheaper alternative provides the exact same thing. I will not fly Air France again.

Air France Customer review :  15 July 2013 by George Mitry    (UAE)

Flew DXB-CDG-BCN return. Most uncomfortable economy class flights I have taken. Seat was completely rigid and stiff, very cramped. On the return, I was it in 35A on the 777-300 at the emergency exit. This was even more painful than the outbound sectors. There was no space between the fuselage and arm rest to actually rest my arm. Had a tall gentleman sitting next to me; was completely cramped with door bustle in front of me so couldn't stretch legs to take advantage of being in an 'aisle seat'. Again, seat was hard and uncomfortable. I felt very sore after all my flights. Never again!

Air France Customer review :  12 July 2013 by G Alexander    (Australia)

ORLY-IST-CDG, July 1. I always check in online to save time, but shouldn't have bothered for ORLY-IST leg. I was at the airport at 8am for a 10.25am flight. I was misdirected to the wrong bag drop off point. I then joined another enormous queue. It took over an hour to simply drop off my bag. No dedicated lines for just dropping off your bag. There were incredible delays at passport control, which was again compounded by a disorganised slow aircraft boarding, which appeared haphazard and the plane left nearly 30 minutes late. I had intended have breakfast at the airport but this was impossible due to time delays. On board service was fine but disinterested. The A320 was a little worn on the way back. Boarding again was disorganised and unpleasant. These flights were in complete contrast to my CX flights (SYD-CDG-SYD).

Air France Customer review :  12 July 2013 by P Cardot    (France)

Coming back from Hong Kong to Paris with AF185, I've been delighted to discover I was upgraded to business class. Happy about that, and would recommend Air France again. Service was great - only remark is about the seat: I miss the 180° business class seat I could experience with another company.

Air France Customer review :  10 July 2013 by Akram El Dimerdash    (Egypt)

CAI-CDG, May 19 2013. Flying Business class, the check in was smooth and friendly, the staff helped me to check my luggage directly to Reykjavik Iceland although my connecting flight was on Icelandair and on a Separate ticket. Boarding was good and quick, but the crew in the business class cabin were mostly grumpy with no traces of a smile for the whole trip. The seats were nice and comfortable, but the headphones were really old and squeaked. Food was ok, nothing special for business class.

Air France Customer review :  9 July 2013 by J Nasajon    (USA)

Although we bought the round trip from Paris to Rome, at least 2 months in advance, we couldn't get the airline to confirm our seats. Called a few days before and were told not to worry, that we would get the seats at the airport the day of the flight. At the airport they told us that we were on stand by list. We barely made it to the flight and we were all seated separately in the middle seats. We found out later that they open the seats 30 hours before the flight so passengers can get their seats but we were never told us about it. If I can, I will avoid traveling with this company in the future!

Air France Customer review :  8 July 2013 by K Greenall    (New Zealand)

Travelled in premium Economy and was disappointed with the overall experience. Seats were not very comfortable and the service very poor. The long haul flights catered for vegetarian diet and were of average quality however the short haul (2.5 hrs) did not have any meal suitable for a non meat or fish eating passenger. Staff did not seem to care and made no attempt to find me something to eat. Premium economy is not worth the extra money paid as apart from a wider seat the service was no different than flying economy and poor in comparison to premium economy used on other airlines.

Air France Customer review :  8 July 2013 by M Fazzari    (USA)

Went from JFK to CDG and back in premium economy. Sky priority allowed us to check in and get through security very quickly. We took advantage of the business class lounge (paid about $50 per person) and thought it was well worth it for the food, wine, and quiet. The premium economy seats, although roomier than economy, were nowhere near business class standards so do not expect to get a comfortable night's sleep. I did appreciate the extra legroom and the fixed shell design as this made it feel quite spacious. The food was really quite good (though keep in mind it is from an airline, not a French bistro), and the service was very polite and friendly. I felt very taken care of the entire flight and would definitely travel on Air France again over most of its competitors.

Air France Customer review :  6 July 2013 by Tia Traynor    (UK)

Fly from Birmingham to Seoul via Paris. Had very pleasant trips, apart from the hiccup at the check-in desk at Seoul but overall, inflight service was very good! Quite a wide range of choices for the inflight entertainment, inflight meal was average but acceptable. The cabin crew could do with a bit more smile but the staff at Paris was extremely friendly which was good. Would definitely like to fly with Air France again.

Air France Customer review :  5 July 2013 by A O'Brien    (Ireland)

Flew from Rio/GIG to CDG last month. Selected the option for a seat plus on the upper deck of the 747-400. This gives you additional leg room and a smaller cabin, so in my view worth the extra money. Crew were excellent on this trip, friendly and chatty. Food was good. For me the seat became very uncomfortable after 4 hours. I have travelled many times with Air France over the years and the crews can be very hit and miss. This crew were one of the best.

Air France Customer review :  5 July 2013 by Joanna Rogowska    (Switzerland)

San Francisco to Paris. Staff not very friendly, like they didn't want to be there. They were more interested in chatting between themselves than giving a great experience to passengers. Seats not very comfortable and food was poor quality. Same movies both ways - poor selection. Last time with Air France for me.

Air France Customer review :  4 July 2013 by P J Trebuchet    (UAE)

BCN-CDG return flight. A good experience overall: both flights were on-time, lounges were very comfortable (specially the one at CDG airport), cabin crew was peasant and efficient. Excellent selection of beverages, although food was quite poor. Prior disembarking and luggage delivery was respected. However, I regret that Business class seats (Airbus 321 for both flights) are not real one. AF, like LX or LH for example, just neutralize the middle seat on the row. This is not what you are expecting for over €450. An amazingly good flight however.

Air France Customer review :  26 June 2013 by Kym Andrew Streeter    (Australia)

Guangzhou - Paris, 18 June. Have been flying AF for years, and have been very disappointed with them recently, but this flight was a good turn around. Check in at CAN terrible, but flight left early and arrived early, food back to good standards, and very good drink service. B777 so the TV screen was a bit small. Only complaint, as usual after the meal service the crew totally disappear.

Air France Customer review :  24 June 2013 by M Hoyle    (UK)

BKK - LHR, with short connection in Paris. A very enjoyable flight considering it was one that returned me reluctantly from my holiday. IFE was good and food and drink excellent (typical French) with Port and Wine accompanying the food (including cheese, obviously). Although the meal was above average, it was scarce from then on, although I took the liberty of visiting the staff at the rear of the plane and they were happy to dish out the snacks and drink as desired. Very happy with the staff and service all in all.

Air France Customer review :  24 June 2013 by G Hirschfield    (UK)

Birmingham - Paris - Barcelona, AF1065, AF1248, June 19th and return Barcelona - Paris - Birmingham, AF1149, AF1968, June 21st. Terrible attitude, terrible service, terrible punctuality. Took Air France to get to Barcelona from Birmingham, via Paris. Mistake. Will use KLM or Lufthansa in future.

Air France Customer review :  24 June 2013 by J Ashiblie    (Malaysia)

CDG-MAD-CDG as part of an international itinerary KUL-CMB-CDG-CMB-KUL. For the short duration of one hour and forty minutes, Air France certainly gets you from Point A to Point B in good time. The seat on their A318 isn't something to shout about - no recline even for a short snooze. IFE non-existent on these short legs.

Air France Customer review :  22 June 2013 by H Augustin    (Austria)

LAX to CGN via JFK, CDG and AMS. Check-in in L.A. was easy. The staff in the Delta Terminal were very polite and dedicated towards passengers. First flight was operated by Delta and onboard they offered more then I had expected: At least 3 services and a very sophisticated inflight entertainment). The second flight from JFK to CDG was operated by Air France with an A380. I sat in the upper deck and the noise was hardly noticeable. In this fare stage they offered Champagne and delicious food. After dinner coffee or tea was served but I wanted alcohol again, so I asked for a Gin and Tonic, but the Steward had none. But 3 minutes later he came again and brought me my Drink. The two connection flights from CDG via AMS to CGN were very short but even there they had an excellent service, I got a delicious sandwich and drinks and coffee.

Air France Customer review :  22 June 2013 by O Gottstein    (Germany)

Boston - CDG in Business (bonus ticket): Sat in 3L, a spacious bulkhead seat on Boeing 777. Crew very nice and helpful, seat was pretty comfortable, although not completely flat. Didn't check the entertainment as it was a night flight and wanted to relax and get some sleep what I did. Dinner was fine although not exceptional. Wine selection was good. Breakfast was a bit slim, croissant and pain au chocolat were rather old and dry, however the fruit platter was nice. No warm egg plate was offered. Overall a sound service and good experience.

Air France Customer review :  20 June 2013 by T Price    (France)

BSL-CDG-ATH, 28/5/13. Small ATR72 to CDG, no hand luggage allowed on the aircraft. Raining hard on landing, no jetty, got soaked running from aircraft to terminal, no umbrellas. There is no covered walkway to the bus stop to wait for the bus to terminal 2G. Two flights departing the same gate, terminal like a zoo. We have lived in France since 1989 and we always try to avoid Air France and especially CDG since previous bad experiences but this time it was unavoidable. Next time we will stay at home if obliged to take this route.

Air France Customer review :  17 June 2013 by H Dalton    (South Africa)

2 June 2013, Johannesburg to Paris CDG, AF 995. Don't go to the toilet while breakfast is being served because you will not get any. Even though I was travelling Business Class, I was told that I could not have my meal as I was not seated when service on. I have travelled on many Business class flights and have never been told this. I was only away for about 5 minutes. My husband had not even started his meal. Air France can learn so much from the Eastern airlines. Singapore Air, Emirates, Thai! I will never fly Air France again.

Air France Customer review :  17 June 2013 by F Francis    (France)

CDG-JFK. AF-006, 2013-05-21. The airline offers an average to good economy class service, nothing out of the ordinary. The in-flight entertainment system is very disappointing, slow and with limited choice. The food however is excellent, much better than most other airlines. The crew was very nice and professional, but with apalling language skills: there is a point when a French accent is no longer attractive.

Air France Customer review :  13 June 2013 by Y Fall    (France)

Seoul-Paris CDG, 777-300ER. Friendly and attentive crew, excellent inflight entertainment system and good food. The only problem are the seats: way too cramped for a 12-hour flight!

Air France Customer review :  10 June 2013 by Nico Roets    (South Africa)

We had a connecting flight this morning from Paris to Amsterdam and then back to South Africa. Amsterdam flight delayed, meaning we missed our flight to JNB. Told to go to customer service desk, it was 40 min before we were helped. Flight changed to depart Paris direct to JNB, 14 hours later. This took 40 min just to book new tickets, the best we were offered was an economy food ticket, no lounge, no day room. It was our problem and nobody was going to help us. We went to the lounge and paid for a day pass. I fly on regular basis to Europe and have never been treated like this by any other airline. Our flight to Paris from Amsterdam coming on holiday was also delayed by 2 hours.

Earlier comments for AIR FRANCE have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).