Air France Passenger Reviews and Air France Customer Trip Reports

Select photo link to watch Air France cabin service videos

Air France Customer review :  29 March 2015 by Andy Pac    (Saudi Arabia)

I've had the misfortune of flying Air France on many occasions and every time I am let down by some aspect of it. It is only through desperation I use the airline now and I would willingly pay over their price to avoid it. As a frequent flyer from Saudi Arabia, I find AF charter Saudi Air flights and pass them off as their own. For me, this is unacceptable. If I wanted Saudi Air, I would book Saudi Air. The toilets are always dirty and smelly, the flight crew generally miserable and there are always extremely badly behaved kids crawling over the seats. What I've also found is the passengers here cannot wait for the plane to stop before they're out of their seats and there is no admonishment from the staff. The food is always bland and as cheap as possible, they can't even be bothered buttering the sandwiches and the excuse for dinner is laughable. There is zero inflight entertainment. I've also had occasion to speak to the staff at CDG airport, possibly the most frustrating airport in the world, and they are the rudest I have ever come across. I really dislike both Saudi Air and Air France for these reasons. I would definitely not recommend.

Air France Customer review :  26 March 2015 by H Thomas    (UK)

Have flown to Paris multiple times from various airports in the UK on many different airlines. Air France is without doubt the worst option in my opinion. Every time I have attempted to check in online, I have had an error message, and then when trying to check in electronically at the airport, I've had the same error message, and had to go queue and check in manually. On top of the inconvenience this causes, it also limits your seat choosing options. On 2 occasions, I've ended up in the 'middle' seat. Be warned, the arm rests are actually on this seat (as opposed to equally split between the two seats). That means that the seat is incredibly tight - I'm a 34" waist, and it was uncomfortable - I imagine for anyone larger, it would become physically impossible. Overall, an incredibly arrogant airline. Avoid, and go with British Airways, or a budget alternative.

Air France Customer review :  25 March 2015 by M Christoph    (Austria)

GIG-MUC via CDG, on B773 and A321. Flights were on time and all in all fine. Long haul flight landed even 50 min early in Paris. FA's were friendly. Food was good, especially the wine. I didn't like the very uncomfortable seat on the 777-300 it was impossible to sleep in it. The seat pitch on the other hand was fine. In total, I had good flights with Air France. They brought me safe and on time to my final destination.

Air France Customer review :  18 March 2015 by A Powile    (France)

Flew CDG to JFK. Very effective service on the ground and onboard the plane. Food and wine were fine. Only problem was luggage delivery (30 minutes + and no priority at all, despite proper yellow tag). Always the same problem with AF: they promise more than they can deliver. Furthermore, as always in France, no proper customers service!

Air France Customer review :  18 March 2015 by Powilewicz Alexis    (France)

Air France Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Steven Cao    (China)

PVG-CDG-VIE last month, PVG-CDG on brand new A380, check-in at PVG airport handled by China Eastern staff, very rude and inefficient even I'm Elite Plus member of Skyteam, lounge is good with plenty of hot food/wine/champagne at PVG. A380 economy seat is comfortable and spacious, AVOD is fantastic. Good quality food and wine. No water/drinks served during the dinner and breakfast and you need go to galley to get water by yourself. CDG-VIE on A320, nothing to say as its European short-haul flight.

Air France Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Brian E Smith    (Japan)

BCN-CDG-HND in Premium Economy. The first leg from BCN had drama. It was the last flight of a day when a flight had been cancelled earlier, and seating was overbooked. I was assigned a middle seat. One of the flaws of their intra-Europe flights is that you cannot ever book your seat in advance, and I paid for my ticket 8 months in advance! Previously, I was served a meal on this short flight, but not this one. We were only given a small, dry sandwich and a cup of water (no second drinks service). The flight attendant in charge seemed to care less about anyone in the "premium cabin". Air France make no effort to distinguish the intra-Europe premium economy experience apart from you being seated near the front. The late night flight to HND on a newly refurbished 777-200 was actually quite nice. The crew were very accommodating and the toilets were clean throughout. The premium economy seat was OK, but you cannot get any sleep in them, as many have said. The entertainment system is updated with touch screens, though I couldn't find much to watch. I ordered a special Lentore meal in advance and it was delicious. The standard pre-arrival breakfast was dreadful. No food offered between meal times during the 11+ hour flight. The only good thing about being in premium economy is knowing you're not squeezed into economy. Overall, not a very positive experience for me this journey.

Air France Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Simon Channon    (UK)

Johannesburg to LHR, via Paris. The long-haul was a 'curate's egg' of a journey. On-time, comfortable seats at the front of the 380 (£50 extra well-spent), good choice of entertainment but slow service for drinks and dinner - the nastiest airline meal I've had in years. No water runs through the night and woken up nearly two hours before touchdown to serve breakfast. The CDG-LHR sector was normal short-haul experience.

Air France Customer review :  9 March 2015 by C Mackenzie    (France)

I chose Air France to fly from Paris to Djakarta in September because it was incredibly cheap. I'll never understand airline pricing policies: this flight was cheaper than flying from Paris to Glasgow! The flight was not crowded so I had a whole row of seats to myself and was thus able to put my feet up which was an unexpected luxury when flying in economy (hence the five stars for seat comfort and value for money). I fly very frequently and hadn't flown with Air France on a long-haul flight for many years and was very pleasantly surprised by the food. It was delicious and a real cut above all the meals I've eaten aboard Emirates, Qatar, Aeroflot, Singapore, China Eastern etc. over the past few years. The cabin crew were charming, friendly (mostly fairly mature men which as a woman I find a pleasant change from the often surly and very young women aboard many of the other airlines) and efficient. Given the choice another time I'd fly with this airline again.

Air France Customer review :  4 March 2015 by I Dujmovic    (Croatia)

CDG-MAD-CDG-ZAG, quite new airplanes on CDG-MAD-CDG route, fast and smooth boarding on both airports and decent onboard service. CDG-ZAG route operated with smaller and a bit dated plane (HOP regional) but still good service and all flights on time.

Air France Customer review :  4 March 2015 by P Williams    (Sweden)

On a flight from BKK to CDG nothing was served to eat for 9 hours. There was a self-service bar but they had run out of everything except water. The cabin crew did nothing except sitting in galley chatting with each other. They were not interested in us passengers at all. Air France is by far the worst airline i have traveled with. If you are going on a long haul flight with AF don't forget to bring some sandwiches with you because you might need it.

Air France Customer review :  4 March 2015 by I Nutt    (Switzerland)

Flew Zurich, CDG, Atlanta return in Premium Economy. Would normally fly Swiss or Lufthansa but needed a late flight back from Atlanta so chose Air France. Have to say the premium economy seats are roomy, allowing me to work during the outward bound flight to USA, but they are very hard and do not recline properly so was not able to sleep much during the return night flight. Food was disappointing, I think Lufthansa offer the better choice of meals. Also the choice of drinks was poor, and the attendants were not too helpful. On the return journey they didn't distribute the kit with toothpaste, face mask etc. Choice of inflight films was quite good although the picture quality of the monitor was poor. Priority channel for boarding and check in is OK but CDG transfers and lounges are a nightmare, bursting to the seams with passengers, not enough seating, and not enough toilets.

Air France Customer review :  4 March 2015 by A Markland    (UK)

AF 522, CDG to Cape Town, 2/2/15. Service diabolical, seat uncomfortable, food and beverage very average - all in all the most underwhelming of experiences, just like BA in their nationalised period. The most extraordinary experience was to be told by 2 stewardesses over an hour between them to put out my reading light and go to sleep. 58 years ago, aged 6, I might have accepted it but how utterly inappropriate behaviour. The first one actually reached past me and switched it off (this was maybe 30 minutes after they dimmed cabin lights after very poor food service). An hour or so later the second one tried and got a very brusque "go away and leave me alone" from me. This stunned her into saying "you can't speak to me like that" to which I responded "I have, now go away". When did it become company policy for AF to treat customers like 6 year olds? Probably the most unsatisfactory flight I've ever taken.

Air France Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Bill Damery    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto to Paris, then on to Malaga on February 4th, returned same route and airline February 24th. Never flown with Air France before, but will from now on. Excellent cabin crews, good food and wine, clean comfortable jets, on time, never lost our baggage and short layovers in Paris both ways. I am booking second trip with them in September now.

Air France Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Clive Howarth    (UK)

Flight to Cape Town from CDG. Booked premium economy for me and my wife, 11.20pm. Take off on time - so far so good. The premium economy seat does not recline, it just slides down a bit and a metal support strut for the seat in front is just where you want to put your foot. The seat is also hard and uncomfortable with what seems to be a metal bar running across the middle. Place the pillow under buttock to try to relive the pain. A full hour passed without any cabin staff making a appearance, no aperitif no drink, no nothing! Eventually some hour and ten minutes later a hostess brings a tray of food which has no resemblance to something you can actually eat, one small bottle of vino and half a cup of coffee. That's it, lights out and we never see anyone again until about 8.30am. No sleep at all, the most uncomfortable flight ever. By 9am we are presented with more awful food and anther half cup of coffee. The return journey was no better and now we are awaiting our luggage as for some reason it did not fly with us. The touch screen inflight entertainment has a mind of its own and would not work properly. A real let down for the price.

Air France Customer review :  4 March 2015 by C Obadia    (France)

AF636, CDG-IAH, 12/02/2015, Premium Economy. I paid 800 euros to have my wife upgraded to Premium Economy and would not advise anyone to commit such foolishness. This old 777-200 was to torn down with the space between the wall covers in the toilets filled up with filth. The seats were so hard that I decided to check what was going on and found out that the only separation between my“derriere and the seat metal structure was a 3 mm thin foam. Finally, do not believe AF fancy adds about the food served in Premium Economy. We were served exactly the same meagre and unsavory portions as in Economy. When my wife got hungry about 6 hours after the meal, she was informed that she had to wait for another two hours before to get anything. I can't say much about the crew because we seldom saw them. When I introduced a complaint in the AF system, I was informed that due to an unusual number of complaints, I should not expect anything form them before 3 weeks. No surprise here.

Air France Customer review :  4 March 2015 by N Ahlfeld    (Germany)

LAX-CDG (on A380) and CDG-TXL (on A321). Flight was delayed in Los Angeles due to incoming aircraft. In general no problem because automatic email was sent beforehand to inform passengers. But two issues: 1) They changed my ongoing flight from Paris to Berlin to a later one without telling me about it, there was no communication. 2) The LAX-CDG flight caught up with the schedule so I could have made the original connecting flight but they wouldn't change my ticket back in Paris. Watched other passengers board the plane that I booked but had to wait 4 hrs at CDG for the next flight. Ground personnel refused to hand out anything, not even a voucher for a drink or snack at the airport. I have been flying with AirFrance/KLM for many years now but I have to say that AF is loosing it's charm. Flight attendants on LAX-CDG didn't pay a lot of attention, even though I have to say that there were always plenty of drinks and snacks.

Air France Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Phillip Harris    (France)

The usual underwhelming AF business class experience (I fly once a month on this route). AF has the nerve to advertise their new business class seat on billboards in Dakar, knowing full well that they are not available on its DKR-CDG service and won't be for the foreseeable future. That's just the start. The boarding is a shambles, but that's more the fault of the airport than AF, probably (a quick congratulations to Dakar airport authorities on the overall organisation. Great idea to have most of the customs counters unmanned at peak time, loved the chance to ponder the beauty of the building during the 30 minute wait). Once in the plane you realise that AF apparently cannot manage to get someone to vacuum clean the cabin before passengers are corralled in. Dirty, and it's like that regularly! Sheer neglect and laziness. Still, the crumbs and detritus on the floor are in-keeping with the ageing and shabby cabin, which for reasons I'm yet to understand, is invariably full. Service is haphazard, and characterised mainly by its slow pace. Can't a meal be served within the first hour of a 5-hour flight? Apparently not. I was asked 3 times by three different cabin staff to endure the 'breakfast' service an hour out of Paris, a 'no' each time finally got the message across. One male steward was helpful, the others behaved like it was all too much trouble. Main meal mediocre, wine OK. Overall, glad it's not me paying the tickets.

Air France Customer review :  4 March 2015 by H Williams    (Australia)

CAN-CDG in business class, old style 777. Excellent trip, even though flight full. Two female flight attendants the best I have ever encountered on any flight, they were helpful and professional, engaging in conversation with passengers. Although it was the old style seating I found it comfortable and slept well. Food was good. Air France is highly recommended.

Air France Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Michael Lonergan    (USA)

I flew business class on Air France's A380 for work. I was very excited to get the chance to fly this aircraft. I was totally underwhelmed by the business class seat. First, Service was good. Wine was good. Entertainment was good. But - Business class on the A380 and the seat is not a lie flat seat! I don't think I slept 20 minutes. The pitch is 81 degrees. I'm 6'5" - which means I barely fit in the seat when it opened up - but you find yourself sliding down the whole time.

Air France Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Daniel Dessort    (France)

Paris CDG - Moscow Sheremetyevo. AF1844. I have never before encountered service in business class as so poor, and an inflight experience as negative as I did on my recent flights: uncomfortable seats (in fact business class seat were economy class seats separated by one non-occupied seat. The entire meal was served on a single tray under a plastic film, like in economy class. Entertainment were not available. The return flight Moscow-Paris on Aeroflot was significantly better!

Air France Customer review :  18 February 2015 by S Letellier    (France)

Flew CDG-DTW on Delta code-shared flight. New AF seats are very uncomfortable compared to the ones before and less room for the legs. Food was OK though not particularly tasty or healthy. The flight was an hour late with no explanation and assistance at CDG (too few counters for check-in).

Air France Customer review :  11 February 2015 by F Bernard    (France)

ORY-MRS nothing special for this 1 hour flight, cabin crew was smiling and friendly, the captain made frequent announcements, and the service was quick and professional. I definitively recommend this airline. No IFE.

Air France Customer review :  6 February 2015 by J Kwak    (South Korea)

Flew Seoul-Vienna via Paris as well as Amsterdam because a huge delay before initial departure made me miss my Paris-Vienna flight. Ground staff in Seoul gave me a random seat - last row with no recline - despite my pre- assignment and my SkyPriority standing. The food was good and service in-flight satisfactory. KLM, which flew me on the final leg, delivered my luggage a day later, though the efficiency in its tracking was high. The Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2F lounge was overcrowded. The return trip was satisfactory overall-meaning they need better training for their Seoul-based staff. Unpleasant and unprofessional.

Air France Customer review :  28 January 2015 by R Thut    (Switzerland)

ZRH-CGD-PUF-on Jan 20, 2015 and PUF-CDG-ZRH on Jan 25, 2015. I must say AF mad a lot of positive progress in every way. The flight attendants and ground staff were marvellous. Friendly and always had a smile on their face. They made a drink round and served some crackers. For flights of approx. 1 hour very good. All flights were more or less on time. I will fly with them definitely again.

Air France Customer review :  28 January 2015 by D Jolly    (Australia)

My husband and I flew Business Class on Air France in November 2014, Paris to Melbourne and found it to be wonderful. The meals, service and attention given by the staff was excellent. I would have no hesitation in flying with them again as I fly to France each year and will certainly use their airline above any other.

Air France Customer review :  19 January 2015 by P Rubenstein    (Canada)

YUL-CDG-BKK/CDG-YUL: I have never before encountered service as consistently poor, and an inflight experience as negative as I did on my recent AF Flights. Nor did I think that a major airline in Europe could make US carriers look good in comparison. All of the AF equipment was distinguished by its tattiness, uncomfortable seats, dirt and an unpleasant cabin ambience. Positively, the worst IFE I have experienced in the past 20+ years. The fact that Air France serves instant coffee sums up the quality of food service. I made the mistake of thinking that if cappuccino was on offer, that it would be real. Instead, I was treated to chunks of undissolved mix. Decent wine selection, but that was it. One meal consisted of a sort of lamb dish. It was so overcooked it had gone to mush with what I presumed had once been vegetables. The dominant ingredient was salt. That was typical of the AF meal service. Checkin for flights at AF staffed desks was an unpleasant experience. The one dominant characteristic of most AF personnel encountered, was rudeness and a disdain for the customer, despite my speaking to personnel in French. On my last flight, I was sent between 2 different terminals twice, wasting 90 minutes on the shuttle bus doing the circuit of CDG. One clerk at the lounge in 2E-M sent me back to 2L, while another sent me back to 2E-M, with the monitors showing a different gate and then not showing anything. Finally once at the correct gate at 2E-M, passengers were packed on to a crowded shuttle bus and brought back to 2L. Something isn't right at Air France. If one flies some of the better airlines like EVA, Cathay, or even Air Canada, one quickly sees the differences. Air France does not give one the same confidence as they do, and I felt that there was a lack of professionalism. I strongly recommend against using this airline until it sorts itself, which I expect will take some time.

Air France Customer review :  19 January 2015 by M Guillaume    (UK)

I flew to Tokyo from Paris (AF 274) in December 2014. I really enjoyed the new Boeing 777 cabin. My seat was very comfortable and the food was very good! Flight attendants were attentive and professional. Will definitely fly again with Air France.

Air France Customer review :  19 January 2015 by M Buenk    (Spain)

HKG-CDG, 12/1/2015 on B777-300ER / Despite all negative reviews on AF C-class seat (2-3-2 configurations) in their B777 my experience is quite different. I find the seat comfortable in sleeping and "up" position. Nice crew and excellent catering. Unfortunately the IFE system was not working (purser informed passengers before boarding) but was therefor forced to sleep and arrived fresh. My only critic is the worn out impression of the cabin. The marketing campaigns from AF are not a true reflection of the real situation of their planes, this B777 looked old, bad maintained and dirty.

Air France Customer review :  19 January 2015 by B Williams    (Australia)

CDG-FLR on an A318. The flight was firstly late due to a technical issue with the plane. We waited on the tarmac with most of the doors open in the 3' C weather for about 45 mins. The food was atrocious. First of all is it too much of a luxury for AF to provide actual milk instead of powdered milk with their tea and coffee? The meal was a little sugary cheese something bun which was barely edible. The configuration of the plane was a little odd with small, narrow and pretty uncomfortable seating with a very wide aisle. The staff were friendly enough but the IFE was non-existent. For a full service airline I thought that this flight was pretty poor. I would probably fly AF if I got a good price but for most routes you can probably get a comparable level of service on a low cost airline for much less.

Air France Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Gates    (UK)

Air France for the first time EDI-CDG-DXB return. Family of four. Despite having heard negative reviews in the past about flying via CDG, and not speaking French, it turned out to be relatively easy. The Cabin Crew on all sectors were very pleasant and attentive. Inflight catering was to a high standard. The only issue was on the return sector when one of our three bags did not arrive at our final destination. In fairness our connection was booked by myself and was just over one hour. I received a text immediately on arrival at EDI informing me of the missing bag and also various updates during the day with regard to it's delivery status. It was delivered to our home 8 hours after our arrival. I was impressed with this level of communication. In summary we found Air France to be very good and certainly value for money. We will use them again.

Air France Customer review :  11 January 2015 by L Robin    (Thailand)

BKK-CDG-BKK Premium economy, good seat, better than economy, priority check in and boarding. Food is nothing special, low quality wine, staff polite but nothing more than what we expect from them. One hour delay on departure, 30 minutes delay on arrival in Bangkok.

Air France Customer review :  5 January 2015 by A Brandsma    (Netherlands)

Flew with AF from Amsterdam to CDG, transfer by bus to Orly, then on to Guadeloupe PTP. Overall experience was disappointing. However, I arrived on time and I had plenty of legroom due to the seat (10J). But the onboard service was nearly non-existent, no response whatsoever after ringing the attendant button. Entertainment system crashed every 5 minutes. No drinks offered, only with the distribution of (mediocre) food. Orly airport staff were slow, rude and unfriendly.

Air France Customer review :  5 January 2015 by G Abe    (Netherlands)

Flew with AF from Amsterdam to CDG, transfer by bus to Orly, then on to Guadeloupe PTP. Overall experience was disappointing. However, I arrived on time and I had plenty of legroom due to the seat (10J). But the onboard service was nearly inexistent, no response whatsoever after ringing the attendant button. Entertainment system crashed every 5 minutes. No drinks offered, only with the distribution of (mediocre) food. Orly airport staff were slow, rude and unfriendly.

Air France Customer review :  5 January 2015 by J Jilla    (UK)

Flew from Newcastle to Paris, extremely large passenger took over most of my seat as flight was full no alternative but to endure. Baggage never reached connecting flight and was missing for five days which was half of my holiday. Never again will I fly with Air France.

Air France Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Barry Fines    (UK)

Recently flew LHR to CCS (via CDG) on Air France - Business Class. Seat reservations made at time of booking had been changed when I checked in online 24 hours before the flights. No explanation offered. I found seat 2A on outbound leg much more comfortable than seat 4E on return leg. Although on a 10 hour flight with a leading European Airline one would expect a flat bed, AF do not offer this on the Paris / Caracas route. On the way out my baggage missed the connection in Paris and it took more than 2 days for AF to get it to me. No apology, no explanation, no keeping me informed. On way back delay of over three hours. Air France Business Class lounge in Caracas is atrocious, worst I have seen. IFE did not work for the first 90 minutes of the flight, despite the valiant efforts of the Purser.

Air France Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Ruhnke Henry    (USA)

Took flight 83 from San Francisco to Paris. One of the worst 11 hour flights ever. Got to my seat to find all of the electronics did not work. Notified staff before takeoff. There seemed to be some power to the electronics yet nothing worked. No light, no music, no monitor, not even the attendant call button. I was told they could somehow reboot the system associated with my seat shortly after takeoff. After a couple attempts to reboot and two hours trying to get the crew's focus on the matter I was finally told that they would not be able to get the electronics of my seat working. They offered me magazines which is completely useless considering they dim the cabin lights and I had no light of my own which worked. So I got to sit in the dark and 11 hours of flight going out of my mind with boredom. What makes it worse is knowing that this airline would not have known that my electrionoc were not functioning properly before the flight boarded. Not only did it limit me on my ability to view the safety video before the flight started, but it also brings into question why the systems did not work in the first place. The plane seemed fairly new and if the problems associated my electronics was not a simple rebooting of my system according to the crew, then what was it that cause all of the systems around my seat to fail?

Air France Customer review :  29 December 2014 by A Serre    (UK)

LHR-CDG-LYS. Got assigned seat 3A in Premium Eco on LHR-CDG leg, which is always nice and seems to happen to me quite often on this route. It doesn't make much of a difference on such a short flight - even though you do get better food - but sitting at the front of the aircraft makes the boarding/ disembarking process a breeze. Transfer between to 2E and 2F at CDG can be a bit of a hassle but both terminals are new and relatively easy to navigate. Nothing exceptional on CDG-LYS leg but an overall pleasant experience.

Air France Customer review :  29 December 2014 by J Aubisse    (France)

HKG-CDG, Flight 185. FA's were particularly friendly and helpful. Food and drinks were high standard, as usual. Main issues: seat was comfortable enough but lacks the essential for a business class seat: horizontal lie-flat. More privacy would be appreciated as well and there is not enough personal storage room. The cabin was brand new and features the new 2-2-2 seats plan, far more pleasant than the 777 2-3-2 configuration. Use of the inflight entertainment system is not really easy and it takes time to navigate through categories and pick a movie. Options are nonetheless plentiful with a good selection of English and French-speaking blockbusters. The Qantas lounge in HKG is definitely not up to the usual AF service in the company lounges around the world. AF should definitely find another partner to accommodate its priority passengers. Overall a very smooth flight which got AF back into my favorite airlines list.

Air France Customer review :  22 December 2014 by J Miles    (USA)

LAX-CDG. After reading so many bad reviews for the AF Premium Economy product I was eager to try it out for myself. If you are like me the thing you hate most about economy is having the person in front of you recline all the way in your lap for the duration of an 11 hour flight. So with that said having shell style seats is very exciting even if they don't recline in the traditional sense. Upon entering the A380 PE economy cabin I could tell right away I would enjoy the experience. The dedicated cabin is small and cozy and the seat itself has tons of room compared to any economy seat. Do not listen to the reviews on here that say the seats are cramped because it's just not true. I have long gangley legs and I could stretch them all the way out to the foot rest under the seat in front of me. It's basically a mini business class seat and compared to other premium economy products out there that cost twice as much (Virgin Atlantic) it is well worth the price of admission. I feel like a lot of the negativity comes from people who expect business class for the extra money they are paying even though it's a quarter of the price. The food is nothing special and I agree that the bottom portion of the seat could use some extra padding. Service was great and the stewards came immediately after pushing the call button. As for the non traditional recline of the seat I found it more comfortable then the normal seat back, legs sitting position of economy. The trick is to make sure you extend the calf rest and foot rest so your body is being supported in the diagonal position. Again I feel like other fliers are either use to their economy habitat and or expect lay flat seats that they didn't pay for. As I said before, not having the person in front of you laying in your lap the entire flight is heaven on earth which is still a problem on many PE products. Please take it from me, a rational, realistic aviation aficionado. I speak the truth in all my reviews and would not hesitate to let you know my dissatisfaction if there were any.

Air France Customer review :  22 December 2014 by F Bernard    (France)

ORY-PTP - I took Air France for my journey to the French Caribbean island of Guadeloupe. The flight, a Boeing 777-300ER, was on time, clean and very comfortable, the crew was very welcoming and friendly. The meal was excellent (I have chosen Air France special meal "Lenotre") and the entertainment very rich - with French and international programmes. This 8 hour flight was a great experience!

Air France Customer review :  18 December 2014 by M Palumbo    (Brazil)

August 29, from São Paulo to Paris. Boeing 777-300 - (F-GSQI). Ticket was purchased directly on the website, on May 2. However seat assignment was not permitted, as long as the passenger makes the check in online, 30 hours prior the departure. I definitely can't say that I agree with such procedure, but it's a way to force passengers to do their own check in. Online check-in went fine, but I was previously informed by the AF reservation agent that all seats would be available, once the system was charged, but definitely this was untrue. Anyhow, I got seats together for myself and my parents. Once onboard, the aircraft was with an issue with the air-conditioning system. So, the plane was hot, just like a sauna. Only when the main door was closed and the engines started working, fortunately, we got fresh air. Flight was completely full. As soon as we took off, crew started the inflight service. Eyeshade and earphones were personally distributed, which was a nice touch. Right after, welcome drink, which included champagne, and a small bag of salty snacks were offered. My vegetarian option was delivered, but the main dish was cold. During the flight, drinks, ice cream and small sandwiches were available in both galleys. Prior to our arrival, hot breakfast was served. At the carousel, our baggage took a life to be delivered.

Air France Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Dagot Stephane    (France)

CDG-Miami (round trip). On CDG-MIA flight, we had a lovely staff who seemed happy to serve passengers. In return, the crew seemed so tired. Some didn't say a word to passengers and others yawned. Air France product has fallen a lot in recent years and it's sad to see such a different quality between the 2 flights.

Air France Customer review :  10 December 2014 by M Buenk    (Spain)

CDG-MIA. Cabin staff during almost an 10 hours flight appeared 2 times. Snacks during flight are boring and only available in 1 pantry in the economy class on a A380. Toilets looked horrible and we're not cleaned. Seats are old and in our row of 3, 2 had technical problems. Overall, value for money as flying Air France is cheap, however I would not consider to buy a ticket at a regular fare.

Air France Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R Scholten    (Netherlands)

AF1653, Kiev to Paris, 23/11/2014 on Airbus A319. Check-in was efficient, but that's all that I liked about the flight. I've never experienced before such an arrogant and frigid crew as on this flight. Crew did not do anything during the first two hours of the flight. They were chatting for two hours! After two hours of chatting with each other, reading newspapers, playing games on their phones and drinking coffee they decided to serve the passengers. Coffee or tea and a very small croissant were served. I expected a bit more on a flight of over three hours. After serving they were gone and I haven't seen them again. Seats were horrible in comparison to my outbound flight with KLM. The announcements were very difficult to understand. And of course they lost my baggage. After 5 days I could collect my baggage at the airport. I'll never ever in my life fly Air France again and I will never recommend them to anyone else!

Air France Customer review :  10 December 2014 by S Abe    (Austria)

AF BUD-CDG-HKG 4 Nov 2014. BUD-CDG on A321. Uneventful flight, however, seating on board AFs A321 fleet is not too comfortable. Pitch and width quite tight. Connection in CDG (late evening) a breeze - hardly any other passengers at passport control, did not have to go through security again. CDG-HKG an A380. Upper deck economy seating feels much more private - and the boarding process is usually quicker, as you get to join a separate line for upper deck (only 8 rows). Onboard service good, nice meals for ecoonomy (and even a hot breakfast). bars are set up on both decks with drinks and snacks (ice cream is a nice touch). Seats on AF's A380 are quite spacious - more width than Emirates and ample pitch. Easily one of the best longhaul economy experiences. The IFE is usable, but not top- notch (anymore) - the responsiveness of the screen is annoying. The selection of movies and TV shows is not very large, but okay. All in all, a nice experience at a very competitive price.

Air France Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Nathan Barley    (UK)

CDG-KL travelled long haul with Air France for the first time. Had heard that the Premium Economy seats were uncomfortable, but that turned out to be an understatement. They were as hard as park benches. I had to resort to scrounging cushions from other seats to sit on - not worth the price premium. Leg room was OK, and could extend my legs fully under seat in front (I'm 6,2"). The food was OK, but the service appalling. No attempt was made to deliver an aperitif before the food, but rather had to be requested at the same time. Took a good 45 minutes for them to come and clear away the plates, with all the attendant issues of having it left there on the tray. No offers of digestif, despite being listed on the menu. During the cabin darkness period, was not approached a single time to be offered a drink, hot flannel etc. The only time I saw crew during this time was when I got up to walk front to back of the plane and discovered a couple of them in the galley reading magazines. All in all, doesn't come anywhere near Emirates or Singapore, so would actively look to avoid in future for long haul.

Air France Customer review :  4 December 2014 by D Robinson    (UK)

Booked flights MAN-CDG-ATL and return 9 months ago, before our trip we reserved seats online as soon as we were allowed. On checking a few days before our departure I discovered the seat reservations had been cancelled by AF. Had to phone AF Heathrow who explained it was due to "operational needs" but he reserved us middle of the plane seats in both directions as no window seats available, on reaching CDG I asked for an explanation and was told it was a problem with Delta (flight was codeshare). On the flight despite asking for the meat option meal all we could get was the vegetarian option which was just about edible-we were 25 rows from the back. The seats were not comfortable to begin with so you can imagine how we felt after a 9 hour flight.

Air France Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Vanblijdesteijn Ido    (Netherlands)

JFK-CDG-AMS. Check in at JFK - friendly staff but boarding announcements not clear and confusing (A380). Premium Economy bought at airport - although comfortable I find the price is not truly value for money. Food and staff, good to excellent. Hassle free transfer at CDG including entering Schengen and additional security check.

Air France Customer review :  17 November 2014 by H James    (UK)

London - Rio de Janeiro via Paris, A330-200. Good flights overall. I paid £50 for an exit row seat one way at the time of booking, which I think was good value on a £500 return flight, and the configuration of 2-4-2 is good as it means only ever one person to climb over regardless of seat position. My baggage didn't make it to Rio, although the connection was tight and they were punctual with delivery in Rio the day after. Food onboard was pretty good although IFE left a bit to be desired - not all that much choice available. Overall, the experience was good and at around £490 at the cheaper end for Europe to Brazil - Paris CDG is a ridiculous airport to transfer through. It's a huge maze and you do security again despite having just done it in London 45 min before.

Air France Customer review :  6 November 2014 by J Nutbeem    (France)

Oct 23, AF SFO-CDG-NCE. Economy - reserved seats on SFO-CDG in advance. Chose seats on top level of A380 as there's less movement around the cabin compared to downstairs. FA's were friendly. Food average, but was given champagne upon asking. Discovered the 'bar' upon going to the back of the plane to the toilets. Sweets, ice cream, soft drinks. They don't wait on people much outside of the organized mealtimes, but it doesn't bother me to get up and fetch a drink as it's an opportunity to stretch my legs. Boarding at SFO was quick as there were several airbridges and we were boarded first. The problem came from the transfer at CDG. AF changed our flight to Nice because SFO-CDG was leaving later (due to delayed arrival) except they booked us on a flight out from Orly, the other side of Paris. The check-in guy at SFO airport managed to change us to a flight out of CDG. However the flight SFO-CDG caught up on the delay and arrived on time in CDG so we then had to queue at the transfer desk to get back on our original flight CDG to Nice! We were dubious about our baggage making the transfer - but it did! AF doesn't match some other airlines but the ticket was cheaper, so I'm not complaining. I liked the A380. The CDG-NCE was uneventful with a drink and a packet of biscuits - surely they could do better than that?

Air France Customer review :  5 November 2014 by Blake Brown    (USA)

LA to Amsterdam via KLM and yesterday, October 21, 2014, returned from Paris to LA on their partner, Air France [AF]. I received an email ahead of time from AF regarding online check in only to be informed I needed a visa or green card and could not check in except at the airport. We arrived 3 hours ahead of departure time, went to obtain boarding passes and check in our one bag each only to find it was all done electronically. There were long lines in front of each machine with much confusion and unfamiliarity with the how to navigate the process. One in front of us took at least 10 minutes to complete the process. After 25 minutes, we entered another long line to drop off our check in bags which took another 15-20 minutes. At no point were our carry-on bags weighed as they were with KLM. We then walked about 10 minutes to enter the longest line yet which was for passport control and after few minutes were “randomly” selected to go to another line for carry on weight and size control. We observed bags being shoved into a steel frame for sizing. Additionally, they added purses and shoulder bags to the total weight calculation which easily put most over the limit of 12 kg. The handlers then slapped a large red AF tag on the bag, marked up the boarding pass and sent us back to the baggage area. We returned to the baggage area and discovered the fee for each bag was 70 Euros, about $100. When we explained this could have been avoided if our carry-ons were weighed at the same time as our check in as we could have redistributed some items. In the end we had to check in one additional bag. We arrived at our gate as the plane was boarding. While doing so, we observed many passengers with 3 carryon bags. We learned many lessons not the least of which is we will not fly AF again.

Air France Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Paul Hoshall    (USA)

AF76 to Papeete, Tahiti on 10/7. Eight hour flight, arrived at 5:10 AM. Required check-in in Los Angeles on transfer from Delta. No indication of location of Air France Counters outside of International Terminal. Sky Priority check-in very hectic, so much that we just made it to the plane as they were boarding. Flight was okay, except my traveling companion and I were separated in our seat assignments as were other travelers, and the flight attendants managed to re-seat everyone except us - French speakers first.

Air France Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Dave Hughes    (UK)

I travel frequently with Air France to Brazil and I am always impressed with the service I get and the friendly air crew. They speak the language of the country that they fly to as well as English and their own French. They are quick to attend, offer champagne as an aperitif, wine with your food and also a digestive cognac after they have collected your empty food tray. It's always been a pleasure flying with them.

Air France Customer review :  28 October 2014 by S Cauble    (USA)

My flight was from Atlanta to CDG-Paris on Saturday, Oct 11th. I will avoid this airline in the future due to the following: 1) No special meal option-no gluten free, vegetarian, peanut allergy, diabetic, etc. meals available 2) Lazy, unfriendly flight attendants. Every time there was a tiny bit of minor turbulence they flipped the seat belt light and plopped in the flight attendant seat, strapped in and took a break. This happened frequently. I sat near the galley and saw them eating ice cream, cake, feet propped up. I don't think they ever offered water or any types of beverage during the flight. Completely awful staff. 3) Plane was ragged looking and my TV did not function properly. FA said there was nothing he could do. Did not give one care about it.

Air France Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Humeau    (France)

For the very first time, I flew from JFK to CDG in business class. The cabin had been newly remodelled and it was great. It was the first time that comfort was competing with the companies from the gulf area. It was a piece of luck, for most 777 have not been remodeled yet. Staff, food, drinks, entertainment, everything was perfect. I just pity all those who pay the same amount but do not have the same comfort.

Air France Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Eric Martin    (France)

I flew CDG-JFK on October 15th on AF008 and flew back on October 16th on AF009. The plane a B777-200ER had the new business class configuration (1-2-1). This new business class is comparable to the very best standards. The seat is comfortable in any position. The IFE is nice with a wide screen and a lot of selection. On these two flights the cabin crew was very professional and friendly too. The food was very good westbound, so-so eastbound. Wine selection just OK for a French airline. Compare to the current (and very poor) business class, what a change!

Air France Customer review :  21 October 2014 by J Thomas    (USA)

Not-so-premium: shabby equipment, poor food, uncomfortable seat. I flew Premium Economy from CDG to JFK on the return trip from France. I expected an upgraded level of service, equal to or greater than Economy Comfort on Delta. The hard shell seat was extremely uncomfortable and the "recline" (more a sliding function) did not work. Entertainment options were limited and dated. The food was exactly the same as economy - a mush of potatoes and vegetables with a side of chicken in cheese sauce. The only difference was the addition of an unappetizing, brown pate. The second meal service was a stale roll and some yoghurt. The price is outrageous for the level of service offered. I hope Air France will entirely rethink this class of service.

Air France Customer review :  13 October 2014 by M Nye    (USA)

JFK-CDG-VIE. The AF Prem Econ seats are, as described elsewhere, uncomfortable. They weren't designed for sleep. Our return flight from CDG to JFK was on an Airbus 380. I moved us to the front 2 seats at the emergency exit and we had plenty of room. The toilet kit and 'coronet' were appreciated as well as the wine and cognac. The food was nothing great. I tried to purchase upgraded meals for our return flight but the AF website never seemed to get me there. Check-in was always expedited. All the AF personnel we encountered were friendly and professional.

Air France Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Wayne Casimir    (U.S Virgin Islands)

I was supposed to fly Air France from Frankfurt to Paris on September 20th 2014. However, it was canceled due to a strike. I was re-booked on Luxair, but I missed connection due the fact connections were too close. I was re- booked on a Lufthansa flight which left on time. On my return flight to Frankfurt, Air France was operating once again, but the service left a lot to the imagination. Most depressing thing about Air France was the fact they serve their customers instant coffee which they prepared in front of you. You would expect instant coffee from a non-coffee culture, such Thailand. Air France can keep their cold croissant, instant coffee and frigid staff.

Air France Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Hamane Nacim    (Canada)

Flew AF from YUL to Paris on 777-300! Service was ok, nothing exceptional, food was below expectations both ways! The nice touch was the little bottle of Porto. Entertainment system was good going but old and bad coming back. I chose Air France rather than Air Canada because their service is suppose to be exceptional.

Air France Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Julienne Alexandre    (France)

I have been travelling with this airline mainly for business purpose and many times in business class. Am I expecting too much when I compare with their magazines and the image they try to carry? All in all I have never been happily surprised by nice new features that modern airlines may offer. Rather, it is always more or less the same and, in term of seat comfort in business class, it clearly lags behind most of its serious competitor. Food is generally good but it can also be sometimes frankly disgusting (when you fly to Paris from a foreign country). Service is fine but seemingly very disorganised between boarding and take-off (flight attendants running in all directions back and forth, with no apparent co-ordination - when are going to actually optimize their movements inside the very narrow pathways?). A nice old lady with old worn furniture and faded recipe, the actual image of this airline.

Air France Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Curran    (Australia)

3rd Sept, flight AF185. Last year we travelled with Air France to Paris from Melbourne and as experience and price were good we did again this month. I do not understand the criticisms of this airline. Both our experiences have been excellent. Yes, the seats are not lie flat but they were particularly comfortable for sitting. The crew on both occasions were extremely friendly and attentive, the food and wine was of a high standard and entertainment had plenty of choices. We think this is very good value for money and will continue to fly Air France when we can.

Air France Customer review :  1 October 2014 by Stephen Gervais    (Indonesia)

Aug 8th, CGK-SIN-CDG on B777/300. Was flying home on an awards ticket in economy class. One set of crew from CGK- SIN and another set of crew from SIN-CDG. In spite of flying in economy class and on an awards ticket, the chief flight attendant on the CGK-SIN sector personally greeted me. This was as a result of my elite plus Sky Team Alliance status. I enjoy Indian food and had ordered an Indian meal for both sectors knowing from past experience that I would get a very good Indian meal ex. SIN. I was not disappointed with the butter chicken. Leg room was minimal and seat comfort was barely adequate for the 13 hour flight. Cabin crew were professional. In-flight entertainment was adequate but poor when compared to other 4 star airlines. Flights departed and arrived on time throughout the journey.

Air France Customer review :  1 October 2014 by Stephen Gervais    (Indonesia)

August 9th, CDG-YUL on an older B747/400. This review is actually a continuation of my journey from CGK-SIN-CDG submitted in my earlier review. I am submitting this review separately due to the largely different journey experience. Once we boarded our flight we were told that our flight would be delayed due to a surprise inspection from the French Civil Aviation Authority. We were initially told the departure would be delayed by an hour. This was followed by an announcement that the inspection uncovered a technical problem and that we would have to deplane and change aircraft. We received meal vouchers to tide us over. We eventually departed 4 hours late for Montreal but were all glad to be finally on our way. Once on board I was approached by the flight attendant and asked to confirm that I had ordered a special meal. I was looking forward to my Indian meal especially since the meal from the previous flight from SIN had been so good. Instead I received a meal of "Alaskan Pollack With A Leek Cream Sauce", which had nothing to do with Indian food. When I mentioned this to the flight attendant her response was merely to say that she was also surprised to see this meal served as an Indian meal. After having eaten the presented meal the same flight attendant returned to me and asked me if I was satisfied with my meal. I politely answered that I wasn't satisfied because it wasn't what I ordered and expected. On the same flight I encountered a flight attendant with completely an opposite attitude who was very helpful in supplying me with ice packs to keep my insulin chilled since they were forbidden from storing my insulin in their on board chillers. This is probably why many passengers speak highly of Asian airline flight crews and often express positive comments about Asian service standards and service attitude. When was the last time a North American or European based airline won the Skytrax cabin crew of the year award?

Air France Customer review :  29 September 2014 by S Varrier    (UK)

First and last flight I will take with them. Had flown London-Havana via Amsterdam with no problem with KLM. Return flight with AF - not so. Firstly flight to Paris was cancelled. Received a text about 16 hrs before flight despite them knowing 3 days in advance. Eventually another plane was chartered via Air Caraibes. We ended up leaving 3 hrs later and arriving in CDG after we were originally due to be in London. In Cuba we were told (rudely) we had been booked onto a flight with BA that was leaving at 9pm, meaning we arrived in London 9 hrs after we were due to be there with a 7 hr wait in CDG. Told to get boarding pass from AF desk in Paris. Got there to find 4 staff going at snails pace (again rudely) whilst 300 irate and upset passengers waited to get their ongoing passes. We were almost at the front yet waited 70 mins to be told we had to go to the BA desk 2 terminals away. They didn't actually speak to me by the way, preferring to speak to my husband. Got to the BA desk who after trying to get a pass for 2 hrs said AF needed to release the booking. My husband ran back and forth between terminals 2a and 2e 3 times before AF would listen to him and eventually conceded that it was their fault. Did we get any apology? No. I will never fly with them again.

Air France Customer review :  19 September 2014 by L Lagarde    (France)

Review about a flight in Business Class Paris-Tokyo. Old Business Class cabin: noisy and not comfortable. Dirty even at the beginning of the flight. Poor service: no attention to passengers and no smiles. Average entertainment system with too many bad second class French movies.

Air France Customer review :  19 September 2014 by K Fahim    (Egypt)

Flight AF0503 and AF0508, 13-19 Feb. CAI to CDG, departure and arrival on time, friendly crew, clean aircraft but the food was not nice at all.

Air France Customer review :  19 September 2014 by T Jones    (Croatia)

Flew CDG-GRU and back. Both flights were very nice, some turbulence but nothing too bad, crew very attentive and friendly. Food was also very good (they served dinner and breakfast on both flights) and drinks were available throughout the whole flight. For the money I paid I got great value. Neither flight was delayed, it took off and landed on time. I will definitely fly Air France again, especially to Brazil.

Air France Customer review :  19 September 2014 by P Patena    (France)

Did a business flight on the route from New Delhi to Paris: AF 225, seat 5K. Great experience, staff very friendly and smiling all the time. Good food but small screen for in-flight entertainment.

Air France Customer review :  18 September 2014 by J Parris    (UK)

My family including my 3 year old daughter had a flight from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport to Manchester which we had booked 8 months previous. We were unable to carry out an online check in before taking flight due to poor wifi signal at our holiday destination so arrived at check in 3 hours before our flight was due to leave to give us plenty of time. When we checked in we were told the flight was already full and we were placed on stand by. After waiting at gate for everyone else to board we were informed that only two seats were available and we could split up if we wanted or stay as a group of 3 on the next flight to Manchester. We decided to stay as a family - we went to the customer service desk only to be told that the next flight was completely full. After spending an hour at the desk with a very bored and upset young child we were informed that the only flight we could take that day was to Birmingham over 90 miles away from Manchester where our car was parked. After 11 hours in the airport we departed - on arrival to Birmingham we then had to organise transportation at considerable cost to ourselves to Manchester to collect our car. Safe to say I will never fly with Air France again and I will never recommend them to anyone else as there customer service was appalling.

Air France Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Karim Lanakarany    (Germany)

Flying on A380 from CDG to SFO on the upper deck, in the smaller section with only 5 rows, I again enjoyed the excellent food quality and wine selection. The crew was also exceptionally friendly, so that the overall experience was quite pleasant. If the seats get replaced to flat beds, then there will be very little to complain. The only thing that could may be improved is the selection of new movies.

Air France Customer review :  7 September 2014 by M Shelton    (USA)

I flew Air France with six different legs of a European trip in August. Each time we flew into CDG. Fabulous employees. But not one departure left on time. Departures varied from 20 minutes delayed to over an hour. Missed one connection due to this, and twice my daughter's wheelchair was lost and finally located again, but we were always last leaving plane. Our luggage was lost for one and a half days on our first leg of trip (CDG to Manchester UK) because the flight left Boston so late we were connected to a smaller regional aircraft due to arriving late in CDG thus missing the scheduled Air France flight. In Boston we were told to get our boarding passes for the flight to UK in Paris. In Paris, they asked for our boarding passes and it took over an hour to resolve that we were told to get them in Paris and that was the first leg of our disappointing trip. Again, wonderful staff, but it seems one airport location does not communicate well to another location which then uses up a lot of time at help desks at each airport, trying to resolve the issues. The only time our delay was acknowledged was on our last leg of trip back to Boston - this left 20 minutes late which wasn't too bad, but we sat on tarmac in Boston without much information for over an hour. The next day, we got an e-mail from Air France apologizing for that. But the other five legs of the trip also were with problems. I would not fly Air France again unless I really had no other option, unfortunately.

Air France Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Vasily Pr    (Indonesia)

I had a connecting flight from London to Bangkok via Paris CDG. I want to review my long-haul flight. First, it was 2 hours delay and I missed my next flight to Denpasar. Passengers didn't receive any free food/drinks while waiting for the aircraft to be ready. Paris CDG terminal 2E had serious problems with their toilets. 2 or 3 male's toilets had been flooded. I was lucky enough to select a seat at the back and I had the whole row to my disposal. However, all monitors in the row was dirty from a previous flight. Window glass was dirty. Flight attendants were attentive and smiling. However, they provided service twice during 11 hour flight: dinner and breakfast. No drinks offered after dinner. Trays with soft drinks (no wine, no beer) had been placed nearby kitchen and staff were lounging in their area. I'm always travelling between Asia and Europe, and I booked combined ticket from Bangkok to London by KLM and London to Bangkok by Air France. What a difference! Fantastic KLM staff, great food, fair drinks, and cold drinks served every hour during the night flight. Not on Air France flight. Would I choose them again for long-haul flight. I would avoid them.

Air France Customer review :  29 August 2014 by J Wijit    (Sri Lanka)

Air France flight JFK-CDG on 22nd Aug 2014 was excellent. Very good, courteous and enthusiastic cabin crew and good food and wine.

Air France Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Farouk Mogheth    (Thailand)

Originally a KLM flight however the flight was overbooked and I was re-routed through Paris with Air France (2 days prior to actual flight). Flying Bangkok-CDG-Prague and return. It was and is quite annoying that Air France offers online check in, however has all seats (apart from some mid aisle) blocked and you are unable to choose or plan, all AF is trying to push is seats with more legroom, but many fail to realise that these are just by the lavatories and kitchens, thus very uncomfortable (lights, crowded and many just stand there to stretch). Actual check-in in Bangkok painless and quick, the flight was operated by a brand new 777-300, quite tasty food and acceptable entertainment. The whole flight could have been a great one but there has been ZERO cabin crew presence for a 12 hrs flight. Food was delivered fast and it was collected even faster and then no one was to be found. Absolutely speechless when a crew actually refused to bring drinks for a family with kids commenting that there is a bar at the rear galley (the one they failed to announce so few people knew). Return flight uneventful (with much older plane with visibly less comfort and legroom and ancient useless entertainment) and surprised that the transit in CDG was all right except having 20+ passport control booths and only 1 serviced! Flights on time and baggage unharmed. All in all a very standard flight but if having a choice I would go with other airlines who offer a bit more value for money and attention.

Air France Customer review :  29 August 2014 by R Girard    (France)

I've travelled from Paris CDG to Berlin Tegel (TXL) (to go and return). I enjoyed my first flight very nice crew with a lot of choices of beverages. Even different types of wine were proposed. However my flight back was disappointing. Crew much less polite, beverages were only hot chocolate and coffee. It was an early flight but they could have still offered orange or apple juice for example. Regarding the seat comfort, nothing to say, they were quite comfortable for a medium-haul flight.

Air France Customer review :  27 August 2014 by S Smyth    (UK)

Flying from DUB (Dublin) to CDG (Paris) on an Air France service operated by Cityjet. A great service overall for this short flight, with an onboard snack which consisted of a selection of sandwiches and drinks. Crew were very friendly and seats were comfortable with good legroom in the economy section. There was a 20 minute delay on the return flight, caused by a problem with the airport buses, however it was an early morning flight, so the pilot said he was able to take 'shortcuts'. This worked and we landed in Dublin on time, despite the delay. Overall, for the service provided on such a short flight, it is hard to rate the airline down. Flights arrived on time, were comfortable, and had friendly staff. I would easily fly with Air France again.

Air France Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Christina Wilson    (USA)

Flight 083, SFO to CDG - July 15th. 084, CDG to SFO, July 30th. 1609, Stuttgart to CDG, July 30th. Had a wonderful experience with Air France. Quite honestly I am surprised that there are bad reviews with this airline. Food and French wine was superb. Service was excellent. Seats in business class extremely comfortable. I slept 6 hours straight from SFO to Paris. I would with Air France again and look forward to it.

Air France Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Wagner Gregory    (Germany)

CDG-BOS. We started of with 7 hours delay in Charles de Gaulles, the plane (747) was very old, the staff and cabin crew was unfriendly and the food was not up to other airlines standards. First and last Air France Long haul flight.

Air France Customer review :  12 August 2014 by David Seeto    (Australia)

23 July - Jakarta - Singapore - Paris (AF) - Amsterdam (KLM) Premium Economy was fine. However, the return journey AF 0254, 5th August 2014 - Premium Economy Paris - Singapore - Jakarta was extremely disappointing, frustrating and uncomfortable. Despite several attempts before leaving Jakarta to check-in online and select seats, and again prior to our return flight, this was not possible (yet online check-in from Jakarta - Paris was no problem). Seat allocation on check-in at Amsterdam Schiphol noted 'SBY' having been allocated by Air France. We presented to 'Customer Service' CDG to be told seats cannot be allocated until close of the boarding gate because 'standby' had been allocated - why? we booked our flights in May 2014! At the Gate we were told to wait until boarding was called, that we would be on the flight and they were hoping to upgrade us. When we re-presented as advised, we were told an upgrade wasn't possible, but we 'could' be allocated separated premium economy seats - for a couple married 36 years on a 17 hour flight - this is unacceptable! No-one was able to do anything - the ground staff person was surprised we were unhappy, and said an upgrade was not promised. The flight crew re-allocated us seats together but then an unhappy traveller arrived to find one of us in his seat - embarrassing for us and for him. This gentleman did agree to being re-seated. Anticipating a problem for the final leg of out journey (Singapore- Jakarta) we asked the cabin crew who shrugged and said yes there would be a problem; the ground staff in the Transfer area said the plane is full and no it was not possible for us to sit together. This is a short flight, so no real issue - however my husband had an empty seat beside him, so he asked and I was invited to move - but no- one actually considered this! In fact there were at least 3 empty seats in Premium Economy - it seems that neither the ground staff nor the flight attendants have any idea of the seating on board their flight. We have traveled to Europe Asia and Australia every year, often more than once a year for the past 11 years. We will not travel with an airline that does not care about what is important to us!

Air France Customer review :  6 August 2014 by Ajay Garg    (India)

I travelled to South America and back in premium economy. Was quite apprehensive after reading various negative reviews. But to my surprise the flight, the crew and service was excellent. The aircraft was good and the air hostesses were very efficient and polite. The seats were also very comfortable.

Air France Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Y Mirindi    (Belgium)

Air France (Hop!), LIL-BOD. 1 hour short flight with the CRJ700, security and boarding was quick and efficient at the Lesquin airport (no priority for elite members) drinks and a very small snack served after takeoff, followed by sweets before landing. Good service overall.

Air France Customer review :  3 August 2014 by G Walter    (USA)

Air France 006 or Delta 1020 on July 29 2014, Seat 61F, Airbus 380. I paid 100% of a business class ticket on Air France airbus 380 and this is what I got: The entertainment system didn't work and the smell of urine coming from the toilet was unacceptable. Asked to have a seat changed but was told the flight was sold out. Next time Air France will not be my first choice.

Air France Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Perrin Michel    (Brazil)

Nice-Venice. A319. Packed. Delayed on departure. On time at arrival. Very cheap ticket (cheaper than Easyjet, and with more luggage). Seats did not reclined. Service was ok.

Air France Customer review :  3 August 2014 by S Fabre    (Singapore)

Air France 254, CDG to SIN, July 9. As a French national I like to fly with Air France when it's possible. The team on board was very efficient. They provided their new bed sheet and pillow which makes a difference and means you can have a better sleep. The food is always excellent.

Air France Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

JFK-CDG-NCE and FRA-CDG in Business. At JFK, terminal 1 already looks old and decrepit compared to other new terminals. The AF lounge was closed due to renovation and we used JL lounge which was pretty disappointing. On board service was decent but agree with comments that for a country which prides itself on food, AF food was disappointing. Seats were not the new ones but still decent and managed 3 hours of sleep. CDG-NCE and FRA-CDG was a total let down with just middle seat blocked ; no clue why European carriers do this yet seem to think this is a huge service- would be easier to have bigger seats like in US. Product still not close to EK or SQ but maybe with new seats it will come close.

Air France Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Petr Hubka    (Czech Republic)

Flew from IAD to PRG via CDG. Delayed about 1 hour because of problems with cargo loading, air-conditioning during that time not operational. Flight Entertainment had to be reset twice. In cabin about ten screaming infants. Not a pleasant flight.

Air France Customer review :  30 July 2014 by P Alderson    (UK)

ICN-CDG. Business Class. B777-300. No queue at check-in. No priority security lane (although there was only a short queue anyway). The KAL lounge near to the gate was adequate. Separate First/Business boarding lane. Initial impressions were of a cabin that is past its best. The seat arms were worn and my TV monitor had a crack in the screen. On time departure with lunch served at 10.45 local time! Immediately afterwards on this day time flight the window blinds were pulled down and the lights turned off. This situation continued until about 90 minutes from CDG. The in-flight entertainment was not very extensive particularly for non-French speakers. Most of the crew did what was necessary but no more. Lots of "bonjour" and "au revoir" but not much in between. Arrived 40 minutes early due to tail winds. Priority passport check with no delays. Did not get an opportunity to freshen up as no arrival lounge appears to be available in Terminal 2E. As no AF personnel were visible between the aircraft and exiting the baggage area I didn't have a chance to ask if one was available.

Air France Customer review :  30 July 2014 by A Reid    (Egypt)

CAI-CDG return, 2 adults and 2 children. Flight out was punctual and reasonably good service. Very good value ticket. Good selection of movies (including kids) but not as many as Singapore or Emirates. Cabin temperature was very cold on both outgoing and incoming flights. Got a premium economy upgrade on boarding on the return leg. This meant a very comfy seat and nicer food. The boarding started on time but the boarding went very slowly and the flight took off around 30 mins late, with no explanation from staff. This led to a 30 min late arrival into CAI.

Air France Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Jo Silver    (USA)

Flew from TLV to SFO by way of CDG. On the evening prior to our flight, we were notified by way of a very simple email that our flight had been canceled. No phone numbers were provided of personnel who could assist us with rescheduling, nor were we able to call the local customer service number as they close in TLV at 5pm and this was past 10. We Skype'd with customer service in the US and were told that we had been rebooked on El Al - which is great, but someone could have told us! Anyway, we flew out of TLV with El Al to connect in CDG to SFO and the flight was uneventful. Old, ugly plane with seats that have no support or leg room (I'm 5'10", long legs) and a horrible entertainment system. The stewardesses tried, that has to be said, but their service was perfunctory at best. I think the main problem is that it honestly feels as though AF doesn't care about their customers, that they're a source of revenue and that their travel experience just simply doesn't matter to the company. I have other comments to make but they're about issues that I'm not allowed to discuss.

Air France Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Wolfgang Kelke    (Australia)

I have booked the flight from Australia - via Singapore, Paris to Munich - besides the plane being old and the seats worn out, the head set only worked on one side that the crew were not able to replace and the food below an expected standard, the service extremely slow where I had to get up myself and asked several times to get a drink is not what you would expect when you pay the extra money to experience comfort to arrive on the other side of the world relaxed. I'm on my way back to Australia via Guangzhou and sitting in a so called Lounge with the present Lounge under construction and the offering is garden chairs with chips and noodle out of the packet with warm beer.

Air France Customer review :  23 July 2014 by H Little    (New Zealand)

Yerevan (Armenia) - Paris. 24 June 2014 Business Class. Flight time is 5 hours 15 mins. Due to depart at 8.40am (slightly delayed). Arrive Paris 11.55am. Seat configuration economy seats with table between. Two stewardesses assigned to business class. One older and a younger. On arrival to aircraft hand towels distributed to business class passengers. No offer of refreshments as is the norm with other airlines. Older stewardess was instead busy making herself and the younger stewardess a cup of tea/coffee. Other cabin crew come and get themselves a water. In the end I got their attention and requested a juice. The other business class passengers received nothing. No assistance with putting hand luggage (small backpack) in overhead locker on landing. Clearly having difficulty due to a pinched nerve in back and was in a lot of pain. Younger stewardess helped on departure. Older stewardess wouldn't. Instead would walk past me to abruptly point out (twice) that my hand luggage needed to go back to overhead locker for landing. Breakfast of omelette. Was grey and rubbery. Unappetising. My request for a glass of wine was refused by the older stewardess as this was "a breakfast flight so no alcohol is served". End of flight curtains opened and business class and economy class passengers exited together to shared bus. Have yet to work out how this could have cost me almost NZ$2,000. Would I travel with Air France again? No. Would I recommend this airline? No.

Air France Customer review :  21 July 2014 by E Oplaat    (Thailand)

Flight CDG to BKK, AF 166 in 777300ER with 10 abreast seating. Very cramped, crew were stressed and managed on a 10 hr flight between meals to come by one time only with water. Very uncomfortable, bad connections of headphones and no excuse for delay. Not even 'we hope to welcome you on board of one of our flights again'. Well that explains all, sad experience.

Air France Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Beder Stephane    (France)

Paris - Casablanca. Very comfortable, the crew were excellent! The food was quite good, not the best I have eaten, but still good for an airline. The flight was smooth, like the landing. I would recommend Air France to every one who wants a great level of comfort, and a high level of service.

Air France Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Eden Vance    (USA)

Flew Air France flight 0007, which is a JFK-CDG flight. Flight departed on time, boarding times were good considering that the plane was an A380 (still, however, if you do not like waiting to board on long lines, then I suggest you take one of their several other daily flights). Food was free and decent, legroom was pretty good. Crew were friendly and professional. My baggage arrived in CDG with the flight. Didn't have to pay for my first checked bag (I would suggest trying to fit everything into one, however as the second bag is expensive). My only complaint is that I had checked in online and only had to drop off a bag at JFK's check-in desks, but the line was huge and it was not apparent that there was a separate line for people like me. Overall a very good trip - it was also the cheapest ticket for the flight.

Air France Customer review :  14 July 2014 by J Duran    (Colombia)

Recently flew Bogota-Paris-Amsterdam-Paris-Bogota. The long-haul BOG-CDG was terrible. The A-340-300 was not as tidy as one could expect, and IFE was deplorable. I couldn't watch movies because anytime I pressed the obsolete screen it would appear "veuillez patienter". On top of that, this flight had a 45 minute delay, so I lost my connection to AMS. Fortunately, ground staff at CDG were polite and booked me another flight later that day and provided me a 20-euro meal voucher. CDG-AMS was nothing special, FAs were quick and not-so-kind at serving snacks and beverages. My return flight was in Premium Economy and things really improved here. FAs were extremely kind and smiling. However, I waited more than 40 minutes for my bag, even though I had a priority sticker. Conclusion of this review: Don't fly Air France if your travelling Economy. Choose it if you book Premium.

Air France Customer review :  12 July 2014 by D Peters    (UK)

Warsaw-Paris-Montreal and return Minneapolis-Paris, Mixed reviews really, the crew were pretty friendly and service was spotty. Food from Paris was really good and quite poor from the US to Paris. Decent French wines, champagne and Spirits from MSP. Weirdly I was told that they only had wine and port for flights to Montreal. Service from CDG-YUL was a joke, not even a drink served until we were over Irish airspace, such a disorganized serving of dinner it was laughable. Attendants were stumbling over them selves serving trays and than I just got one passed to me from behind with no words or choices, but it was very tasty and the portions were just right. All other requests were self-serving. The 777-300 was horrible, no legroom and very cramped, A340 old and falling apart but much more comfortable with the exception of the middle 4 seats, they were empty but fixed armrests prevented you from getting comfortable and sleeping flat. Bring a book or ipad as the IFE on the A340 is rubbish. I would fly again if the price is right, don't expect too much and you might get lucky.

Air France Customer review :  12 July 2014 by David Beggs    (UK)

Flew BHX to CDG (return). Outward trip pretty ordinary, but no significant complaints. Thought it took a master stroke of organisation by Air France to seat myself and wife (pensioners) in 8A and B and to pre-board a severely disabled gentleman in 8C who was completely unable physically to move to allow us access to our seats. No complaint to him, he was great, but climbing into our seats, and out at CDG we did wonder how we were expected to cope. Overall a very basic experience.

Air France Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Michael Bragg    (USA)

Flew from LAX-CDG on the A380. We were in the second Business Class cabin on the upper deck. We had a very handsome, friendly all-male crew who provided a nice, if not amazing, service on the 11-hour flight. Seats are not lie flat, but still very comfortable, affording me a long sleep. The food was good, if unmemorable. The IFE provided a decent selection, but is not comprehensive enough to be competitive with the top airlines. Overall, this was a nice flight. There was nothing too spectacular about it, but I would fly in Business with them again (especially now that they are upgrading to lie-flat seats).

Air France Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Ben Sowdaey    (Canada)

Went to Oslo via Paris by Air France from Canada. Two Stops: Both had delays. One overnight due to maintenance issues. They managed to lose my luggage as well. The service was the worst I have had. Will never fly Air France again.

Air France Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Harry Aronowicz    (Canada)

My wife and I flew with our adult children and grandchildren (5 and 21 months old) on the 6th of June YYZ-CDG and 16th of June CDG-YYZ. On board service was impeccable, crew were extremely helpful, resourceful and friendly. Even the meals - especially on the CDG-YYZ flight - was above normal airline food. A further plus was the good air- quality on board. Best flights to and from Europe we have had!

Air France Customer review :  21 June 2014 by M Hay    (Australia)

CDG-SGN. This flight was a codeshare booked through Vietnam airlines for a very good price. We were able to select seats by checking in on the Air France website which was easy to use. Check in at CDG was a nightmare - I don't think I've waited this long for economy check-in - the fact that this was business class (in the sky priority area) made it really bad. There seemed to be about 6 counters open for all of Air France business class at CDG (hundreds of people - huge line snaking on for ever). No priority pass for customs/security. Lounge was good (see separate review). 777-200ER plane full in business. Service was excellent - excellent staff, polite and efficient. I quite like the seat - although its not horizontal, quite comfy for lounging, some minor acrobatics had to be performed if you are not on the aisle and need to get over someone who is fully stretched out. Food was acceptable for plane food, although they did run out of my choice (sitting in 4K). Champagne was delicious (Ayala) and they set up a self service bar in the galley - very much preferred to constantly pressing the call button. No priority pass given for customs at SGN. Although this flight was not perfect, the 11 hours went by in a flash and I had a great time and would not hesitate to recommend Air France.

Air France Customer review :  19 June 2014 by N Miller    (USA)

Low marks because of incredible run-around re: trying to add bags to booking (willing to pay and website indicated this was possible) - and even after paying were told by clueless agent at AF at RAK/Marrakech airport (who didn't know how to process vouchers) that we had to pay 200 euros for 3 bags - it took a kind manager to get this taken care of in the middle of the bedlam of checking in (not much respect for queuing). The flight itself was OK but nothing great - our meal on a 2.5 hour flight was a plastic-wrapped sandwich (albeit with tasty fresh bread) and no alcohol served - service was friendly and helpful was my first flight with AF and probably the last.

Air France Customer review :  17 June 2014 by H Figov    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto to Heathrow via Paris. Purchased Business Class tickets for my wife and I and we were not disappointed. We had flown Air France Business Class once before and love the service and enjoy being able to sit next to each other. I find the seats comfortable despite not being fully lie flat. The lounge in Paris has wonderful showers.

Air France Customer review :  14 June 2014 by K Kothari    (UK)

LHR-CDG-HAV and HAV-CDG-LHR. Going was a pretty new 777-300. Main meal was good however usual terrible Air France breakfast of some hard bread and tea/coffee. Seats were OK, nothing special. Stop in CDG was poor as usual, not the airline's fault though. CDG is the worst designed, overpriced airport I have ever been to. Coming back slightly older 777 with no USB port which was annoying. Very uncomfortable seats, couldn't really get into any sleeping position. Service is almost non existent apart from meal times and one or two drinks rounds. You have to get yourself to the back of the plane and help yourself to drinks and ice cream, but they don't tell you this, so if you don't know then no drinks for you!

Air France Customer review :  11 June 2014 by C Galloway    (Australia)

CDG-SNG wrote a less than complimentary review 3 weeks ago when flew the other way. This trip better - main issue is just age of seats, cramped cabin, and mean amenities eg: no paper cups in toilets, often no paper towels, only tissues. AV is very poor quality and selection. Staff very pleasant, food on this leg was better than ex Singapore.

Air France Customer review :  10 June 2014 by Steven Cao    (China)

PVG-CDG on A380, flight delayed 1 hour due to traffic control at Shanghai Pudong Airport. Economy class seat is so hard and uncomfortable, food awful, cabin crew friendly bit they just disappeared after meal service, can't believe that they just served beverage once for entire 12 hrs flight! Inflight entertainment is good.

Air France Customer review :  9 June 2014 by A Feio    (UK)

GIG-CDG-LIS, AF443, Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon via Paris Charles de Gaulle, Boeing 777-300ER brand new aircraft friendly cabin crew, very poor seat comfort for an 11 hour overnight transatlantic flight. Just 2 meals during the flight after 2 hours all the crew disappear to go and have a rest on the back of the plane as you see them 3 hours prior to landing waking up and tidy up themselves. They just give you a poor amount of juices and no food at all just ice creams. IFE very good and a good selection of movies, as the screen is big enough. Very poor seat comfort in economy you hardly can pull down your chair. Overall is a good value for price flying with Air France don't expect something excellent. They should look after the standards followed by KLM as they are in a partnership which is an excellent choice for a long haul flights!

Air France Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Simeone Enrique    (Belgium)

Arrived in EZE with LH on first class and connecting to MVD with AF In C class and no F available, but bags never arrived, sorry attitude at airport in MVD, and once I obtained their little paper proving I never got my bags, got to their website to make the complaint, messy website, it worked after a lot of effort and phone calls. Checked in a few weeks later MVD to Fra via EZE to TLV 1st class, Check in agent said "no, computer says no", could not believe AF, bags could not be check in all the way through although same reservation system. Vile attitude, had to re-route my flight with LH via Sao, lost my C ticket MVD to EZE, and used TAM instead.

Air France Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Joanna Graff    (Spain)

Flew MAD-CDG-YUL and return back to Lisbon. The first impression on arrival at the Madrid airport early in the morning was terrible. Complete chaos, people standing in 3 queues, pushing around and arguing with staff. I must say there were only 3 persons wearing Air France uniforms. They were rude, not attentive at all, returning you to another queue as there were other flight checking in before our flight at 7am to Paris. We flew business class but were not allowed to go directly to the Premium counter, nobody really checked our tickets. Some staff were chit chatting instead of helping other customers. At boarding another chaos, no proper staff there either. The flight was delayed and we arrived just in time to rush to our gate for the flight to Montreal. CDG is so big and the staff there so difficult, so slow and we were asked for passports 4 times! The long haul flight was ok, food was ok, and the IFE was ok. Nothing special and nothing to be mentioned. Considering expensive business fare, I would expect much more. Lounge in Madrid was poor, the one in Paris OK and on return the Montreal lounge was again just OK. Will try Swiss next time.

Air France Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Jakob Bengt    (France)

Overnight flight from Haneda to Tokyo. OK flight. Wire to headphones broken so could not use the inflight system - Head of Cabin very embarrassed but just nothing they could do onboard and full flight so could not move. My complaint was regarding the food - totally overcooked / burnt dish that was not edible. Crew seemed to be well aware but could not do much about it as most dishes seemed to have been forgotten in the oven too long. Not the first time this happens to me on Air France and quite a petty as their main courses are normally quite good.

Air France Customer review :  30 May 2014 by K Kan    (Australia)

Flew SIN-CDG, CDG-SIN. Good flights. The 2x3x2 layout is poor, and the seat is almost flat. Some bumps in the seat when fully reclined and only a thin blanket provided. However I did sleep on both flights. Service was good. Didn't have dinner leaving Singapore so cannot comment, but had excellent food on leaving Paris. CDG lounge was spacious, with two levels making it seem less crowded. Little choice of food and no hot food. The cold food provided was good. Lovely spacious showers and facial treatment by Clarins beauty therapist was a treat, so long as you have time to to sign up for it.

Air France Customer review :  29 May 2014 by M Tushishvili    (France)

CDG-YUL. Return flight from Paris to Montreal by Air France last month. Both flights were just very good. Excellent service, tasty food, friendly staff and decent comfort. The service of Air France is really significantly better In comparison with competitors on this route like Air Canada and Air Transat. I will recommend this route of Air France to everyone who wants basic comfort during the travel.