Air France Passenger Reviews and Air France Customer Trip Reports

Select photo link to watch Air France cabin service videos

Air France Customer review :  21 July 2014 by E Oplaat    (Thailand)

Flight CDG to BKK, AF 166 in 777300ER with 10 abreast seating. Very cramped, crew were stressed and managed on a 10 hr flight between meals to come by one time only with water. Very uncomfortable, bad connections of headphones and no excuse for delay. Not even 'we hope to welcome you on board of one of our flights again'. Well that explains all, sad experience.

Air France Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Beder Stephane    (France)

Paris - Casablanca. Very comfortable, the crew were excellent! The food was quite good, not the best I have eaten, but still good for an airline. The flight was smooth, like the landing. I would recommend Air France to every one who wants a great level of comfort, and a high level of service.

Air France Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Eden Vance    (USA)

Flew Air France flight 0007, which is a JFK-CDG flight. Flight departed on time, boarding times were good considering that the plane was an A380 (still, however, if you do not like waiting to board on long lines, then I suggest you take one of their several other daily flights). Food was free and decent, legroom was pretty good. Crew were friendly and professional. My baggage arrived in CDG with the flight. Didn't have to pay for my first checked bag (I would suggest trying to fit everything into one, however as the second bag is expensive). My only complaint is that I had checked in online and only had to drop off a bag at JFK's check-in desks, but the line was huge and it was not apparent that there was a separate line for people like me. Overall a very good trip - it was also the cheapest ticket for the flight.

Air France Customer review :  14 July 2014 by J Duran    (Colombia)

Recently flew Bogota-Paris-Amsterdam-Paris-Bogota. The long-haul BOG-CDG was terrible. The A-340-300 was not as tidy as one could expect, and IFE was deplorable. I couldn't watch movies because anytime I pressed the obsolete screen it would appear "veuillez patienter". On top of that, this flight had a 45 minute delay, so I lost my connection to AMS. Fortunately, ground staff at CDG were polite and booked me another flight later that day and provided me a 20-euro meal voucher. CDG-AMS was nothing special, FAs were quick and not-so-kind at serving snacks and beverages. My return flight was in Premium Economy and things really improved here. FAs were extremely kind and smiling. However, I waited more than 40 minutes for my bag, even though I had a priority sticker. Conclusion of this review: Don't fly Air France if your travelling Economy. Choose it if you book Premium.

Air France Customer review :  12 July 2014 by D Peters    (UK)

Warsaw-Paris-Montreal and return Minneapolis-Paris, Mixed reviews really, the crew were pretty friendly and service was spotty. Food from Paris was really good and quite poor from the US to Paris. Decent French wines, champagne and Spirits from MSP. Weirdly I was told that they only had wine and port for flights to Montreal. Service from CDG-YUL was a joke, not even a drink served until we were over Irish airspace, such a disorganized serving of dinner it was laughable. Attendants were stumbling over them selves serving trays and than I just got one passed to me from behind with no words or choices, but it was very tasty and the portions were just right. All other requests were self-serving. The 777-300 was horrible, no legroom and very cramped, A340 old and falling apart but much more comfortable with the exception of the middle 4 seats, they were empty but fixed armrests prevented you from getting comfortable and sleeping flat. Bring a book or ipad as the IFE on the A340 is rubbish. I would fly again if the price is right, don't expect too much and you might get lucky.

Air France Customer review :  12 July 2014 by David Beggs    (UK)

Flew BHX to CDG (return). Outward trip pretty ordinary, but no significant complaints. Thought it took a master stroke of organisation by Air France to seat myself and wife (pensioners) in 8A and B and to pre-board a severely disabled gentleman in 8C who was completely unable physically to move to allow us access to our seats. No complaint to him, he was great, but climbing into our seats, and out at CDG we did wonder how we were expected to cope. Overall a very basic experience.

Air France Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Michael Bragg    (USA)

Flew from LAX-CDG on the A380. We were in the second Business Class cabin on the upper deck. We had a very handsome, friendly all-male crew who provided a nice, if not amazing, service on the 11-hour flight. Seats are not lie flat, but still very comfortable, affording me a long sleep. The food was good, if unmemorable. The IFE provided a decent selection, but is not comprehensive enough to be competitive with the top airlines. Overall, this was a nice flight. There was nothing too spectacular about it, but I would fly in Business with them again (especially now that they are upgrading to lie-flat seats).

Air France Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Ben Sowdaey    (Canada)

Went to Oslo via Paris by Air France from Canada. Two Stops: Both had delays. One overnight due to maintenance issues. They managed to lose my luggage as well. The service was the worst I have had. Will never fly Air France again.

Air France Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Harry Aronowicz    (Canada)

My wife and I flew with our adult children and grandchildren (5 and 21 months old) on the 6th of June YYZ-CDG and 16th of June CDG-YYZ. On board service was impeccable, crew were extremely helpful, resourceful and friendly. Even the meals - especially on the CDG-YYZ flight - was above normal airline food. A further plus was the good air- quality on board. Best flights to and from Europe we have had!

Air France Customer review :  21 June 2014 by M Hay    (Australia)

CDG-SGN. This flight was a codeshare booked through Vietnam airlines for a very good price. We were able to select seats by checking in on the Air France website which was easy to use. Check in at CDG was a nightmare - I don't think I've waited this long for economy check-in - the fact that this was business class (in the sky priority area) made it really bad. There seemed to be about 6 counters open for all of Air France business class at CDG (hundreds of people - huge line snaking on for ever). No priority pass for customs/security. Lounge was good (see separate review). 777-200ER plane full in business. Service was excellent - excellent staff, polite and efficient. I quite like the seat - although its not horizontal, quite comfy for lounging, some minor acrobatics had to be performed if you are not on the aisle and need to get over someone who is fully stretched out. Food was acceptable for plane food, although they did run out of my choice (sitting in 4K). Champagne was delicious (Ayala) and they set up a self service bar in the galley - very much preferred to constantly pressing the call button. No priority pass given for customs at SGN. Although this flight was not perfect, the 11 hours went by in a flash and I had a great time and would not hesitate to recommend Air France.

Air France Customer review :  19 June 2014 by N Miller    (USA)

Low marks because of incredible run-around re: trying to add bags to booking (willing to pay and website indicated this was possible) - and even after paying were told by clueless agent at AF at RAK/Marrakech airport (who didn't know how to process vouchers) that we had to pay 200 euros for 3 bags - it took a kind manager to get this taken care of in the middle of the bedlam of checking in (not much respect for queuing). The flight itself was OK but nothing great - our meal on a 2.5 hour flight was a plastic-wrapped sandwich (albeit with tasty fresh bread) and no alcohol served - service was friendly and helpful was my first flight with AF and probably the last.

Air France Customer review :  17 June 2014 by H Figov    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto to Heathrow via Paris. Purchased Business Class tickets for my wife and I and we were not disappointed. We had flown Air France Business Class once before and love the service and enjoy being able to sit next to each other. I find the seats comfortable despite not being fully lie flat. The lounge in Paris has wonderful showers.

Air France Customer review :  14 June 2014 by K Kothari    (UK)

LHR-CDG-HAV and HAV-CDG-LHR. Going was a pretty new 777-300. Main meal was good however usual terrible Air France breakfast of some hard bread and tea/coffee. Seats were OK, nothing special. Stop in CDG was poor as usual, not the airline's fault though. CDG is the worst designed, overpriced airport I have ever been to. Coming back slightly older 777 with no USB port which was annoying. Very uncomfortable seats, couldn't really get into any sleeping position. Service is almost non existent apart from meal times and one or two drinks rounds. You have to get yourself to the back of the plane and help yourself to drinks and ice cream, but they don't tell you this, so if you don't know then no drinks for you!

Air France Customer review :  11 June 2014 by C Galloway    (Australia)

CDG-SNG wrote a less than complimentary review 3 weeks ago when flew the other way. This trip better - main issue is just age of seats, cramped cabin, and mean amenities eg: no paper cups in toilets, often no paper towels, only tissues. AV is very poor quality and selection. Staff very pleasant, food on this leg was better than ex Singapore.

Air France Customer review :  10 June 2014 by Steven Cao    (China)

PVG-CDG on A380, flight delayed 1 hour due to traffic control at Shanghai Pudong Airport. Economy class seat is so hard and uncomfortable, food awful, cabin crew friendly bit they just disappeared after meal service, can't believe that they just served beverage once for entire 12 hrs flight! Inflight entertainment is good.

Air France Customer review :  9 June 2014 by A Feio    (UK)

GIG-CDG-LIS, AF443, Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon via Paris Charles de Gaulle, Boeing 777-300ER brand new aircraft friendly cabin crew, very poor seat comfort for an 11 hour overnight transatlantic flight. Just 2 meals during the flight after 2 hours all the crew disappear to go and have a rest on the back of the plane as you see them 3 hours prior to landing waking up and tidy up themselves. They just give you a poor amount of juices and no food at all just ice creams. IFE very good and a good selection of movies, as the screen is big enough. Very poor seat comfort in economy you hardly can pull down your chair. Overall is a good value for price flying with Air France don't expect something excellent. They should look after the standards followed by KLM as they are in a partnership which is an excellent choice for a long haul flights!

Air France Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Simeone Enrique    (Belgium)

Arrived in EZE with LH on first class and connecting to MVD with AF In C class and no F available, but bags never arrived, sorry attitude at airport in MVD, and once I obtained their little paper proving I never got my bags, got to their website to make the complaint, messy website, it worked after a lot of effort and phone calls. Checked in a few weeks later MVD to Fra via EZE to TLV 1st class, Check in agent said "no, computer says no", could not believe AF, bags could not be check in all the way through although same reservation system. Vile attitude, had to re-route my flight with LH via Sao, lost my C ticket MVD to EZE, and used TAM instead.

Air France Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Joanna Graff    (Spain)

Flew MAD-CDG-YUL and return back to Lisbon. The first impression on arrival at the Madrid airport early in the morning was terrible. Complete chaos, people standing in 3 queues, pushing around and arguing with staff. I must say there were only 3 persons wearing Air France uniforms. They were rude, not attentive at all, returning you to another queue as there were other flight checking in before our flight at 7am to Paris. We flew business class but were not allowed to go directly to the Premium counter, nobody really checked our tickets. Some staff were chit chatting instead of helping other customers. At boarding another chaos, no proper staff there either. The flight was delayed and we arrived just in time to rush to our gate for the flight to Montreal. CDG is so big and the staff there so difficult, so slow and we were asked for passports 4 times! The long haul flight was ok, food was ok, and the IFE was ok. Nothing special and nothing to be mentioned. Considering expensive business fare, I would expect much more. Lounge in Madrid was poor, the one in Paris OK and on return the Montreal lounge was again just OK. Will try Swiss next time.

Air France Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Jakob Bengt    (France)

Overnight flight from Haneda to Tokyo. OK flight. Wire to headphones broken so could not use the inflight system - Head of Cabin very embarrassed but just nothing they could do onboard and full flight so could not move. My complaint was regarding the food - totally overcooked / burnt dish that was not edible. Crew seemed to be well aware but could not do much about it as most dishes seemed to have been forgotten in the oven too long. Not the first time this happens to me on Air France and quite a petty as their main courses are normally quite good.

Air France Customer review :  30 May 2014 by K Kan    (Australia)

Flew SIN-CDG, CDG-SIN. Good flights. The 2x3x2 layout is poor, and the seat is almost flat. Some bumps in the seat when fully reclined and only a thin blanket provided. However I did sleep on both flights. Service was good. Didn't have dinner leaving Singapore so cannot comment, but had excellent food on leaving Paris. CDG lounge was spacious, with two levels making it seem less crowded. Little choice of food and no hot food. The cold food provided was good. Lovely spacious showers and facial treatment by Clarins beauty therapist was a treat, so long as you have time to to sign up for it.

Air France Customer review :  29 May 2014 by M Tushishvili    (France)

CDG-YUL. Return flight from Paris to Montreal by Air France last month. Both flights were just very good. Excellent service, tasty food, friendly staff and decent comfort. The service of Air France is really significantly better In comparison with competitors on this route like Air Canada and Air Transat. I will recommend this route of Air France to everyone who wants basic comfort during the travel.