Air France Passenger Reviews and Air France Customer Trip Reports

Select photo link to watch Air France cabin service videos

Air France Customer review :  23 April 2014 by B Kirsch    (UK)

Flew LHR-CDG-GIG in business class. The seats were normal on both sectors but we were disappointed with the IFE system which was very cumbersome. The crew were very friendly. The food offerings on the long haul sector were often way too complicated. Equally the promised buffet available throughout was non existent which made for a very long and hungry flight. Would only use again if price were right.

Air France Customer review :  22 April 2014 by C Wajsberg    (Israel)

Houston to Tel Aviv. Flight from Houston to Paris very old 777. Small personal screens. Very hard seats. Food as on many AF flights has become lousy. After dinner all staff disappeared beside an ice cream service. Flight from Paris to Tel Aviv same as the past several years. Small A320. Hard seats no personal TV and bad food. With prices AF is charging there many options out there and better service.

Air France Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Ezecollins Diala    (Ireland)

DUB-CDG-ABV. I flew AF 3 times on this route in 2013 and have to say there's been a tremendous improvement with on board food in Economy compared to their competitors. Also, the flight attendants were courteous and actually smiled which was great especially in comparison to the "smile less" Lufthansa flight attendants. The inflight entertainment selection was ok. However, the coach transfers is a pain really but other than that, AF is cool on this route and equally offers good fare prices to same. Its AF for now and the foreseeable future.

Air France Customer review :  20 April 2014 by R Lloyd    (Singapore)

SIN-CDG return on a Boeing 777-300. Arriving at Paris there was a long wait before we could disembark, then about 20 mins in bus to terminal building. Not the efficient service we are used to in Singapore! On return flight we experienced bad turbulence (worst we frequent fliers had ever experienced). At no point did the captain speak to the passengers to apologize, explain or reassure and, as it was night, the FAs were nowhere to be seen. Furthermore, 3 TVs for my family of 5 were not working, and all the FAs did was repeatedly restart the system. We asked to change seats as plane was not full, but had to organize with with other passengers to ensure our kids weren't sitting alone. I did not feel the FAs' English was good enough to deal with this problem competently. They did the minimum during the whole flight. Food was okay but I would've expected Air France to serve better.

Air France Customer review :  20 April 2014 by A Hardman    (UK)

Flew AF from CDG to Havana 3 weeks ago. Flew Economy but bagged the two seat row at the rear of the 777. That allowed us to walk about without disturbing fellow passengers. Good leg room. Comfortable seating. Food good with additional snacks en route. Plenty of wine, soft drinks and beer. Great crew and adequate entertainment. Departed CDG a little late but made up time to land Havana more or less on time. Return journey not so good. aircraft booked solid. Had no choice of seat. Food not very good due to supposed catering issue in Havana and departed 3 hours late. That decided it for us, next time upgrade to business even if we have to pay more.

Air France Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Pierre Jean Trébuchet    (UAE)

BCN-ORY one-way to catch a QR flight at CDG. Obviously a very bad flight, once again due to a very bad crew. But still nothing you can compare with rude, disorganized and idiot ground staff at ORY. Bus shuttle to CDG was to pay despite of integrated flight ticket. EUR 21 for 20 km. What a crockery. Delayed 20 minutes, chaotic driving style, driver was screaming me like a jail keeper as I complained about it. Never again.

Air France Customer review :  16 April 2014 by Jeremy Chesney    (USA)

ATH-CDG-LAX. ATH-CDG: Slept through this flight other than a quick breakfast which tasted alright, no other comments on this flight. CDG-LAX: Airbus A380 (AF66). We flew near the rear of the aircraft, which was quite empty, to the surprise of my group as well as the flight attendants. After seeing this, I went to move seats, but was reprimanded by the flight attendants to sit down, even though the seat belt sign had not yet been illuminated! After taking my seat, it was clear the seats were much wider than those I had been on before, measuring at about 19.0" wide. The food that was served was fantastic, starting with a nice tortellini with squash, and ending with an ice cream sandwich. There was a second meal served at a later point, which also tasted nice. Between meals I used the IFE, which had a great selection, but was unresponsive at times and seemed to take a long time to load. Some of my friends had issues in terms of functionality as well. Arrival was very uneventful, with the lengthy lines in customs to deal with. Overall I really enjoy Air France and hope to fly them again.

Air France Customer review :  14 April 2014 by R Girard    (France)

Paris CDG to Seoul ICN with a Boeing 777-300er. I was very disappointed by the poor quality of the seat. They were from the old generation with a very small individual screen. The seat was very hard with a lack of legroom. The meal was good but could have been improved. The crew were nice. Regarding the inflight entertainment - good choice of movies but very poor choice of music.

Air France Customer review :  12 April 2014 by L Roestad    (Norway)

HAV-CDG-OSL. A full 777-300 with much dreaded 3-4-3 seating. Was lucky and got a window-seat all the way in the back in a double-seat. Still not very comfortable. Seat-pitch is not 32" as AF says. Seat is hard, recline of the kind where seat slides forward as you use recline button. IFE very good and easy to use. As always: You see the (always polite) crew the first 1.5 hour of the flight and then again the very last hour. Be it day or night flight. For the first time with AF, I saw the cabin-crew serving water from bottles between meals. Hot meal is fine, the so called breakfast a joke for us who do not rely entirely on sugar. I have now learned how to go from terminal 2F/E to 2G with the "on-tarmac shuttle-bus", and it makes the connection very fast and easy. Recommend AF? Only if price is low. Prefer sister airline in the AirFrance/KLM group, but they are usually slightly more expensive from Norway.

Air France Customer review :  11 April 2014 by M Schweizer    (Switzerland)

ZRH-CDG, Airbus A318. Very chaotic Boarding and unpleasant bus ride to the aircraft. Over 25 minutes delayed towards scheduled arrival on a 1 hour flight without any information or apologies whatsoever. Coffee with small bakery snack OK. flight attendants professional and friendly. Had an exit row without paying any additional fees - good seat (10F). Overall OK but prefer flying with airlines where you do not have to use buses to board.

Air France Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Mark Faler    (USA)

SFO to CDG return. I booked 2 business class tickets 6 months in advance for cost saving. The equipment was changed on the return flight and I was notified of seat changes which required a call. 1 month before the flight they cancelled the return flight and rebooked on a different day without notification although they had email, text, phone information. I discovered this accidentally 3 weeks before the flight and contacted Air France and spent 1.5 hours on the phone making new arrangements with a choice of my money back or a flight on a different day. The flight at this time had almost doubled, so I stayed an additional day with additional costs. When I contacted Air France their complaint process is difficult and eventually unproductive. I fly only once a year international but was disappointed by this airline.

Air France Customer review :  7 April 2014 by David Crichton    (UK)

I recently travelled Heathrow to Bogota changing at Charles de Gaulle. I have travelled long-haul a lot in the last few years to Australia and I would like to say I was extremely impressed by the quality of the flight attendants on Air France. They could not have been more courteous, helpful and considerate. The meals were a pleasant surprise too, better than I have experienced on other long haul flights.

Air France Customer review :  7 April 2014 by D Cassius    (Netherlands)

AMS to Rio and back from Buenos Aires, both through CDG. Have had difficulties pre-selecting a seat or checking-in online. Just like the time before or the time before that. CDG-Rio leg on upper deck of 747 in AF seatplus (ordinarily payable but free for FB elite, which is my case). Check-in agent in AMS wasn't able to put me on those seats. At CDG, a very friendly and helpful agent did. Cabin half empty, seats quite good for economy, and service friendly and professional despite the late departure hour. BUE to CDG on 777. Seats cramped and seat configuration defies logic. Seats are so arranged that for window passengers, there is nothing but the window itself to lean against and try to sleep. Easily one of the worst long haul economy propositions I've come across. Departure on time and early arrival. Food inedible.

Air France Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Douglas Levinson    (USA)

As a Delta Platinum member who flies mostly on Air France, I was astonished when Air France took away my wife's seat and put her on a waiting list when traffic kept us from arriving at the airport in Paris until 90 minutes before the flight. This was despite our being on the same reservation - with an 8 year old child with us! I was told that a Flying Blue Elite Plus member would have been treated the same way, which is even worse than thinking it was an aberration. This is the second time that Air France's computer system tried to separate my family. Luckily, a very nice agent managed to get this fixed, although we then had to run to the gate. Then, in the flight, the food was truly the worst we have ever eaten on an international flight. My son and I ate almost nothing during an 11 hour flight. The deterioration in Air France's food over the last two years is dramatic. On the positive side, the crew was very nice and the new 380 aircraft was unusually quiet and had decent leg room for economy seats. The entertainment program was also good.

Air France Customer review :  7 April 2014 by J C Eggers    (Germany)

We used AF in premium economy for a HAM-CDG-HAV round trip in March and found the flights excellent value for money. The long hauls were on barely two years old 777-300s. We found the shell seats more than adequate for Y+ (though we are both tall), bearing in mind the very (!) reasonable fare compared to C. Flight attendants were impeccable - attentive, all smiles, efficient, present at all times - and more than happy to converse in a variety of languages other than French (including German). Food and drinks were plenty, well presented and of high quality. For those who like in-flight entertainment, there was an abundance to choose from, including lots of music, and screens of decent size. As a nice add-on, AF Y+ gives you some extra services ("sky priority", i.e. quicker check in, customer services and boarding, and fast lane access at security / immigration), which are particularly useful at CDG. All in all very pleasant, great value for money, and definitely recommendable.

Air France Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Hannibal Matt    (UK)

BHX-CDG-PTY, A318 out of Birmingham was good fun, seats a little narrow, but decent pitch, crew pretty miserable, juice and a croissant for an hour flight not bad. CDG is a pretty poor airport in comparison with other European hubs. Flight to PTY departed from terminal 2E. 777-200 was quite old, but well maintained. 3x4x3 seating does make your seat very narrow, but pitch wasn't too bad. Worst thing was the IFE, like something from the late 90's, choice was minimal, and screen quality awful. Food and service was good (champagne, cognac and ice cream all offered), but crew quickly vanished once the first meal was served, although the self service trolley's are a great idea and encourages you to get up and stretch your legs.

Air France Customer review :  1 April 2014 by David Stephane    (France)

BOD-NCE operated by the new value cost subsidiary "HOP!" in a neat EMB170 with leather seats. Free newspaper, a drink and a biscuit for this on time one hour flight. Cabin crew very nice and professional. We were greeted by the captain together with the purser. Nice convenient flight at a reasonable price.

Air France Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Marc Guillemard    (France)

Flew Paris to Oslo. The flight is operated by AF's subsidairy called HOP. They operate smaller planes, although the Embraer 190 is decent enough. 2x2 seating with reasonable overhead lockers. Seat is adequate (much more leg room than an AF 777 in economy, and probably a little wider) for a 2.5 hours flight. In both cases the crew did the job professionally, although the service in economy is limited to a drink and some biscuits. On return, was upgraded to "Premium", which is not much different (same seat), but includes a decent cold light meal and Champagne. Left on time and arrived on time both ways. it seems however that heating / A/C is diffcult to manage on all Embraer 19X planes, every time I take one it is much too hot in the middle, despite crew efforts. Globally a very decent performance. No IFE, but the only competition (SAS) is not better, and you have to buy your drink, and the stewardesses on HOP were much more stylish.

Air France Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Vithiea Peang    (UK)

ABZ-CDG-BKK (Round-Trip): ABZ-CDG, Travelled 12th February, early morning flight. Departed 15 mins late. No breakfast served. Just coffee or tea for a 2 hours flight. Quite pathetic honestly! 5 hrs layover at CDG since I am a flying blue petroleum - I would be able to use Business (Crown) lounge in Schiphol but not in CDG. Again, pathetic! I believe since they are now like one company - they should offer the same standard service. Instead I was offered a 30 euros voucher for meal. CDG-BKK, mostly full as it was a high-season over the far east. Lunch was served. Not much to praise about really. Small portion. Limitation of beer. I could not believe this! Nothing was served for the next 10 hrs beside cheap-looking sandwich and help-yourself drinks. The newly design thin-cushion seat is just terrible. Could not imagine how bigger person could tolerate that long! "Breakfast" was served an hour before landing - I would not call it breakfast myself. Return leg pretty much the same. Cheap sour wine. I asked for one more bread roll, could not believe that it was turned down. Return flight from CDG-ABZ was a bit more cheerful with sandwich and drink offered for an evening flight. It was my first time with AF and probably the last.

Air France Customer review :  26 March 2014 by M Guillaume    (UK)

My flight was AF188 from Paris Charles de Gaulle to Hong Kong on the 10th march 2014. The plane took off and landed on time, the service was good, flight attendants were polite and professional. I travel a lot and the food on economy was much better than others airlines. I will definitely fly again with Air France and I recommend it.

Air France Customer review :  25 March 2014 by Vo Charles    (Singapore)

My flight AF 55 from Washington to Paris on March 24 was cancelled on March 23 without explanation. The proposed replacement flight AF 4033 was also cancelled. I am left without knowing what to do with my hotel extension as I write this review on March 24 at 12.53 pm. My hotel check out is 13.30 and I have no news from Air France. I have decided to book another flight, not knowing how much refund I will get. This is a very bad treatment of customers. On a previous same flight couple years back, I was asked to take Economy with a Business Class ticket because the flight was overbooked.

Air France Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Amine Ouazad    (France)

Flying from Paris to Singapore multiple times a year. Price of the ticket is marginally below Singapore Airlines but service and seat are much worse. Food is average - similar to Delta or US Airways, and staff do the minimum that is required. It is hard to get a drink in between services, ask for information or anything else than simply telling which drink we want and which main dish we want. Airline is surprisingly weak.

Air France Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Sean Kyte    (UK)

Flew Heathrow to Washington via Paris CDG. Flight from London to Paris departed early and the croissant and drinks service was perfectly acceptable for this short flight. Crew attentive but the aircraft did have old style thick seats rather then the thin seats found on Lufthansa etc. Flight from Paris to Washington on 777-300ER departed late, seat pitch was tight, fine for me but could be uncomfortable for a taller person. Seat back TV on demand but screen was very small and choices not extensive. Meal was edible but contained no vegetables. Overall very average and there are far better ways to cross the Atlantic, good job their economy is being refurbished later this year.