Aeroflot Russian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Aeroflot Customer Trip Reports

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Hossein Hosseini    (Iran)

Flew Business class from Tehran to Moscow, Aircraft A321 clean inside, no entertainment at all. Flight attendants polite but lacked professionalism as they forgot about handing out wet towels and two or three of them were sleeping in the last row of business class during this very early morning hour departure. This is simply unacceptable. The performance level by the crew was very different from what I have experienced on other sectors.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by H Watson    (Australia)

We flew from Stockholm to Moscow in July. Short 2 hour flight on a new A320, not the old Soviet era planes I was expecting which was good. Flight attendants well groomed, spoke barely little English but were helpful enough. Didn't have any of the food because it was a short flight. Plane left and arrived on time, Aeroflot was fine for a quick short haul flight, no complaints. Moscow airport on the other hand.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Penelope Poulou    (USA)

I traveled with my two daughters 18 and 13 years old respectively from Dulles International Airport to Moscow with Athens as our final destination. Getting there was a bit stressful because the flight connection was too close for comfort and we had to run to make the Athens flight. The crew was rather parochial. They did not speak much English and their manners were not the best. Food was poor but not horrible. Movie choices pretty decent and the actual flights were very smooth. The pilots were quite good judging by the take offs and landings. The price was unbeatable and though this was not stellar service I would choose again if their prices remained low.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by K Shoshana Youngsam    (Canada)

I traveled from Tel Aviv to Toronto via Moscow. It was a last minute booking, the price superb and the service excellent - especially for economy class. The food was on par for international flights, but I really appreciated the courtesy of the staff. I would not hesitate to fly Aeroflot again.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Mike McElhone    (Canada)

The thought of spending a total of 17 hours on Aeroflot and 10 hours in SVO between flights was somewhat frightening. The stay at SVO was as bad as anticipated. However the two Aeroflot flights much exceeded expectations, spotlessly clean, very new planes, decent food, better than expected IFE, excellent service. The price was right.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Sargeant Alan    (Australia)

St Petersburg - Moscow. Ticket purchased at last minute and check in a bit confusing, directed to about three different counters but each without a large queue. Flight was comfortable and only a few minutes late arriving in Moscow. No IFE but it was only a little more than a hour long flight. Cabin crew were friendly and responsive and spoke reasonable English. It was like a shuttle flight and perfectly adequate. Leg room was adequate.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Andersson Lennart    (Sweden)

Me, my wife and our daughter were flying Sweden-Kiev-Bangkok with Aeroflot. I have really nothing positive to say, except the low price. Of course we understood that we would not get much because of that low price. However, we did not see the crew at all during all the flights, only when the food was ready which was at really strange times, we and many others on the plane were very hungry. We were served lunch and dinner on the first flight then breakfast on the second. The food was horrible. The food we got for lunch and breakfast was exactly the same and we did not had anything to choose from. The tv-screens at all seats were not working but that was not a big deal for us. We will never fly with Aeroflot again.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Volker von Detten    (USA)

Like I indicated below - nothing but excellent. Flew from LAX to Mokba and back. Very outstanding service. Check in easy, quick and efficient. The food flying back from Mokba was very good. Sat in the first row right were the bathrooms are and was very impressed how ALL flight attendants were constantly checking and cleaning the bathrooms (our American airlines should really take notice of that. Their bathrooms are not clean - to say the least). Also the flight stats are throughout the whole flight very nicely displayed - including nearest towns at what direction and distance - never saw that with our airlines. It also shows "pilot view" of take-off and landing - loved that. Actually could recognize all people on the ground shortly before touch down watching the descending airplane at LAX with flashes going off like crazy. In the future I will try to book Aeroflot wherever available.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by A Sargeant    (Australia)

Omsk - St Petersburg. Flew this sector 10 days after surgery and was pleased with the flights. No real express check in but express lane for security and a lounge in Omsk. Good food on both flights and comfortable space. No inflight entertainment - I had my own and the both flights on time. Luggage was amongst the first off in St Petersburg (a big plus given a transit in Moscow). Cabin crew spoke good English (again a noticeable improvement over the past few years). Aeroflot seems to be the best of the Russian Airlines.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by A Antonyan    (USA)

I traveled with my children (9 and 5 year old) from Sochi - Moscow - LAX. My experience was horrible. I nicely asked for good seats because I was with 2 children. The worker answered that she could not help me because the computer chooses the seats. Given seats 35K 35G and 35H. At first look it seems normal, but when we got to the plane, it was shocking. One seat was window side, the other two in the middle row. Where is the logic? Where is the common sense and customer care? This was a 12 hour flight.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  18 August 2014 by Haji Murat    (Russia)

My family and I flew from Moscow to Istanbul Ataturk in economy class. For the money is not expensive. The plane for this flight was a brand new A320 with sharklets. Unfortunately without a TV. The dinner was nice. Cabin crew with beauty red uniform were always respectful, cheerful and ready to help. Pilots masters of their craft. Like for duty-free sales on board. All in all a great experience. Would definitely recommend and travel with them again.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by T Haroutunian    (USA)

Flew LAX-SVO-Yervan and back, I was concerned having heard mixed reviews, but was pleasantly surprised! Flights were on time, baggage arrived perfectly, the colors and atmosphere on the plane was bright and cheery. I flew economy, so like any other airlines you get what you pay for as far as cabin space, however in all other respects Aeroflot was superior. Cabin crew were professional and polite, food was quite good. Entertainment was superb with 100's of great movies and shows to choose from, as well as games wifi, charging stations and all the works! I travelled with my children 4 and 7, and had no trouble keeping them busy for 12 hours. Children's meals can be pre-ordered and were well thought out, although my picky ones didn't eat them. Kids got tons of goodies from the staff. The value was great and I will fly with them again in the future. My only complaint were the tiny and rather dirty bathrooms. Otherwise excellent airline!

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  12 July 2014 by K Peter    (Spain)

Flight from MAD to Shanghai with transfer in Moscow. Good airline in general terms. Meals as other alternatives but no alcohol served. Seats and leg room are OK. They offer Space + seats located in the emergency exists and prices are reasonable. Cabin crew no friendly enough from my point of view if I compare with other airlines to flight to China like BA, Finnair or AF. The main difference is that they provide slippers and eye masks no offered by other airlines. Cabin and toilets are clean enough. Moscow airport is awful and really boring. Distances between terminals and gates are too much long. Flights arrived on time. Entertainment system only in English and Russian. Music selection is OK.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by A van der Made    (The Netherlands)

Flight from Amsterdam to Tokyo Narita via SVO and back. First flight from AMS to SVO on codeshare flight with KLM on B738. Flight was OK. Transit on SVO from terminal E to D was a breeze. There were no lines at immigration or security check. As we had a stopover for 6 hours we used the capsule hotel which was accessible from terminal D and E on airside (63 Euros for 4 hours). Flight from SVO to NRT was on an A333. Nice and new aircraft with good seats and complete IFE. We had 4 seats in a row for the two of us as the aircraft was about half full. Crew was attentive and quitte friendy. With one hour delay we arrived at NRT. The flight from NRT back to SVO gave us however some mixed emotions. on an A333, but with a crew that wasn't as friendly as the flight to NRT. We got the feeling we were bothering them, even with some basic requests for drinks. Toilets were very dirty on this flight, not only the fault of the crew as well as fellow passengers. Transit from terminal D to E on SVO was a mess. At immigration and security check there were long lines with a lot of people cutting lines. Flight from SVO to AMS on an A320 was better than the flight from NRT. Aircraft was however in a bit of a run down state and also quite dirty. Toilet was also in a poor state. The crew however was extremely friendly and flight arrived on time. In the end Aeroflot gave us mixed feelings. If you don't have many expectations for the price you pay for the flight, the airline is OK. At SVO you need either luck or a lot of patience concerning transits of flights. If we would fly again with this airline really depends on the price of the flights they offer.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Susan Ramsay    (Hong Kong)

I flew Aeroflot 4 times over the last 15 days. From HK to Moscow, Moscow to UK, UK to Moscow, Moscow home. The first leg was "bearable" if a little short on snacks and food options - so much so that the first thing I did was to buy a little bag of peanuts to go in my carry on. The second leg was uncomfortable due to the shell seats which are nothing sort of a torture device. Two weeks pass before the third leg, which was same seats, same limited choice of movies and even the same food. The fourth leg - the entertainment system took around an hour to load. Same movies, even though it was a different month! But the real issue for me was the meal. With almost every meal, they serve 2 pieces of bread. The white "loaf" is always icy cold and hard. The little brown slice was also cold and hard. There was not enough butter for both. Given the price I paid for my ticket, I didn't expect gourmet food, but the piece of salmon was literately the size of a teaspoon. The chicken was barely warm. Usually the food is served piping hot and even if the bread is not heated, if you leave your roll on top of your main meal you can get a bit of heat and steam into it. No such luck. The dessert - there was nothing to eat it with in the utensil pack, was exactly what it looked like, tasteless, overly sweet, faux cream. Breakfast, I chose the pancakes which I was unable to eat, they were far too sweet. I was pretty hungry by the time we landed.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by A Bor    (Latvia)

RIX-SVO-PVG and back. From RIX to SVO it was a partner flight with Air Baltic. Then came the horror of SVO-PVG. I had no option to choose seats. I was asked in RIX while checking in for seat preference and I said aisle. I did get one for RIX-SVO, and for SVO-PVG I got a 28th row, which on their A330 is in front of the toilets and the seat does not recline. The seats were rather worn and entertainment system was slow, though the selection of media was excellent. The food was plain insulting with 2cm of salmon sliced over some canned carrots and peas presented as a salad. The bun was hard and the choice of main course was chicken or fish for dinner and chicken or goulash for the supper. The dessert was surprisingly good, though I had to wait 40 minutes for the tea to have it with while they were finishing servicing everyone. And now for the best part the service. Apparently they are split in the teams of 2 with some kind of good cop / bad cop principle, as in both aisles we've seen one was making attempts to smile and the other one was plain offensive. The bathrooms were hardly cleaned, the pilots announcements were hardly audible. So imagine my surprise when on the return flight from Shanghai to Moscow I was greeted by a very professional and helpful staff (still not smiling), got into a very comfortable seat of a brand new, shiny 777, with plenty of room even with 3-4-3 scheme, great new entertainment system with touchscreen, much fresher air, and the food was really delicious, including a very fresh bun. The short flight SVO-RIX was also very pleasant with a nice little airbus with sufficient space, a delicious chicken sandwich and soft drinks and the sweetest flight attendant. To sum it all, I'd say its a real hit and miss thing with Aeroflot. Stay away from the airbus on the long flights, make sure its a 777, they're great. If you're unlucky enough to get airbus steer clear of row 28. The food probably depends on where they get it. The entertainment is excellent on long flights, tons of good movies, TV shows and music. Do not expect a good polite service on every flight. Other than that, flights were on time, with great connections and very reasonably priced.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Malinen Sampo    (Russia)

Moscow to Berlin in business. Check-in was a breeze, with a smile. Lounge at SVO pretty decent. Seats on A-320 great, and greeted with choice of drinks including champagne. Cabin crew very friendly, and spoke good English. I speak some Russian, and was treated always with smile. Lunch very tasty. Beats Lufthansa Business any day. Captain did three announcement with good English. Flight on time, would highly recommend Aeroflot on European flights anytime.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by A Menyhart    (USA)

It was my first flight with Aeroflot from LAX to Rome, Italy through Moscow. It was a very pleasant flight and definitely will fly them again. The flight was on time, the food excellent, FA's were very polite and in Moscow City Aeroport Sheremetyevo the accommodation was superb. There is a Capsule hotel on 3rd floor and for 4 hours $103 we got a nice clean room with comfortable beds and a bathroom.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Sonntag Josef    (Israel)

Will try my best to be objective since our luggage have not arrived (even a week later). TLV-SVO-CAN and back, May/June 2014. Short leg - B-777-300, excellent seats and room. Long leg: SVO-CAN, 10 hrs. A-330-300 excellent seats and room. Return flight: CAN-SVO, A-330 and Short leg: A-330-300, the seats were cramped. Crew on all flights were very nice and efficient. Food was boring, you get 2 meals on the long legs, however they were almost the same. Flights were almost on time and inflight entertainment normal.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  10 June 2014 by B Li    (Germany)

LED-SVO-STR. Very good experience overall. Both flights were on-time and comfortable. The planes were very clean and the cabin crews were very friendly and professional. 1) On LED-SVO, I put the sandwich in my bag as I was not hungry at that time. The flight attendant who was serving tea/coffee saw I did not have a sandwich on my tray table so she asked me very kindly in English whether I was hungry and why not take a sandwich for snack. 2) On SVO-STR, after I walked into the back cabin, the flight attendant greeted me and offered to guide me to my seat. 3) The SVO-STR flight (3hrs) included a full lunch, with a very generous portion of cold cut salmon and potato salad as the starter, and lamb and buckwheat as the main course. The dessert was a granola bar with honey, chocolate, cherry and apple coating. It was very tasty! Overall, from my 4 flights with Aeroflot within two weeks, I have to say the level of service is quite good and consistent. I think it is really time to change the stereotype that many of us had for the Russian national carrier for many years!

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by B Li    (Germany)

First-time with Aeroflot. Stuttgart/STR to St. Petersburg/LED via Moscow-Sheremetyevo/SVO. Both on-time. From STR to SVO, the plane was an A320 and from SVO to LED the plane was A321. The seats were very comfortable and the leg room was impressive! I am 178cm/5'10 and after sat down there was about 15cm/6in in front of my knees. In fact you can put one leg on the other without any problems. I often fly Lufthansa from Germany to Russia and in Lufthansa's A320/321 economy cabin you definitely do not see this much leg space. The food was fine. STR-SVO includes a full lunch and two rounds of drink service, and SVO-LED includes a teriyaki chicken sandwich and drinks. The staffs were professional and spoke adequate amount of English. The captains of the flights each made 3 announcements in English (welcome, in-flight update, and a final goodbye after landing), which were quite impressive. Overall, I found the trip very pleasant and Aeroflot's has exceeded my expectations! I can see clearly Aeroflot wants to improve and they are making a good effort!

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by N Efimov    (Canada)

Flew Moscow - Hong Kong (Return) on Aeroflot's A330-300. Both flights were great. Aeroflot has really stepped up their game. Both flights perfectly on-time. New aircraft, fresh IFE (movies, TV shows, games - lots to choose from), friendly staff. Legroom could be an inch better, but it seems that the rows to the back of the aircraft are worse. Food was unimaginative, but edible. The crew could speak a little better English but it was sufficient. SVO airport is horrible, though.

AEROFLOT REVIEWS PASSENGER review compare opinions Aeroflot Russian Airlines