Aeroflot Russian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Aeroflot Customer Trip Reports

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2015 by Botar Ecaterina    (Romania)

We made a reservation for 16th March 2015 to fly from Budapest via Moscow to Bangkok with Aeroflot airlines. Arriving at the Budapest airport we noticed that our flight, SU 2031, which departure must have been at 12.50 was changed to 14.40, without any explication (delayed or something). We know we'll miss our connection to Bangkok, so, instead of arriving in Bangkok at 8.30, we were late 2.5 hours! That is why we had to call our transfer agency, to not come to pick us up at the Bangkok Airport before 11 o'clock. So our short stay in Bangkok was shortened 2.5 hours!

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by C Mackenzie    (France)

Flew Shanghai to Paris via Moscow. What a nightmare: aircraft ancient (still had ashtrays in the arm rests), torn and dirty seat covers, toilet unspeakable by mid-way through the flight and the stop-over in Moscow is always stressful. Why do they make everyone disembark with all their hand luggage, check the luggage through security when it hasn't been anywhere but on the aircraft since the previous security check and then make everyone get right back on the very same plane? If you are seated at the back of the aircraft then you spend your whole lay- over at Moscow airport standing in a queue to get through security. The food was almost inedible and my Chinese travelling companions played cards on the backs of the airline seats throughout most of the flight and all stood up to get their bags out of the overhead lockers when the pilot announced that we would be landing in three minutes! The cabin crew went almost apoplectic.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by B Li    (Germany)

SVO-PEK and back. I have travelled with Aeroflot several times within the past year, I have to say that the level of service you get with this airline is inconsistent. Compared to my last trip with them (STR-SVO-LED and back), which was extremely satisfying, this time the service is only so-so. For SVO-PEK, the cabin crew seemed inexperienced. The crew disappeared immediately after dinner service. The food from SVO is very average and the cleanliness of the toilet was not maintained well during the flight. For the return trip, the crew members seemed much more experienced and they delivered a fairly high level of service. The food was also significantly better. Overall, I think Aeroflot is improving. However, they still have a long way to go. As a passenger, your experience with them can vary greatly depending on the crew or the route. But considering the price, which was very competitive, I must say that what I got for this trip was fair.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Vandor Attila    (Hungary)

BUD-SVE-Phuket and back. Short leg (BUD-SVE): A320-200, seats are alright (Recaro seats), meal was terrible. Crew was ok. Long leg (SVE-Phuket) 777-300 (Kutuzov), poor seats, no leg room, very unfriendly crew (both way), the worst meals I've ever had. However this was the cheapest and fastest flight to Phuket from BUD.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Marc Liljeqvist    (Denmark)

Flew with Aeroflot CPH-SVO-NRT. Excellent service. I am a tall guy, and Economy Class is usually a nightmare, especially on long-haul flights. On my trip to Tokyo, the flight attendants noticed that I was struggling to get room for my knees, and offered me one of their personal seats, which had more legroom, and since these seats did not have any entertainment system, the crew made sure I was comfortable for giving me extra drinks. (I got a full bottle of wine for free!!) Aeroflot has become an excellent airline, and I will be happy to travel with them again.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Ringkjoebing Michael    (Denmark)

Flew CPH-SVO-BKK and back in economy class in brand new Boeing 777-300er. Seating a bit cramped due to the 3-4-3 configuration. I guess the only complaint is the food which was horrible. Cabin crew helpful and efficient. No alcohol policy on airline due to incidents with drunk passengers. But overall Aeroflot did a good job getting us from a to b via SVO. We would book again with Aeroflot. But a food upgrade would be nice.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Kalatsidis Evgenios    (Spain)

MAD-SVO-HKG return in Economy. Perfect trip, Aeroflot is trying its best to be equally competitive with its European rivals and quite manages it. The only drawback is a horrible SVO connection. Unnecessary crowded passport controls for transit passengers, Horrible terminal F. Otherwise would definitely fly with them again.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Richard Maskery    (Thailand)

Bangkok to London Heathrow via Moscow. After reading mixed reviews thought this could be a nightmare, when in actual fact the service was good. Friendly staff, flights on time online check in and seat reservation a breeze, at Bangkok you can check in at self service terminal - saves a lot of queuing. Very convenient print boarding card, fast bag drop, new planes and great prices, the food served was not big portion sizes but was tasty standard economy airline food, no alcohol served on the BKK to Moscow leg but plenty of soft drinks - water juices etc which came round every hr or so. Moscow airport: I read loads of negative reviews, terminal F is old and not great but D & E where most international flights depart from are modern Burger king TGI Fridays etc, loads of retail outlets, prices same as all airports. I also read its a nightmare to transit between terminals, when in fact its not, it is a long walk between them but no problem. One security check, one passport check. I have to say some staff look very stern but they are actually very friendly. There is no smoking in all terminals. All in all I would fly with them again based on price and service I received.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Robert Myers    (Chile)

I flew from SGN to SVO on Dec 25 2014. Very good food, good leg room. 1 bag late and delivered to hotel. Overall very good, I will use them whenever possible.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Robson Dean    (Russia)

Bangkok to Moscow, 9 January 2015, flight 273. Awful customer service experience. The Aeroflot customer service team promised that they had found extra leg space seats as requested for my wife (dislocated her knee). When on board we found that they were not only normal economy seats but in fact were exactly the same ones that we had reserved previously (before her leg break). So not only was service unacceptable but also the staff seem to have > deliberately deceived us at the customer service and check in desks. I assume to move us on without having to do anything else. So they let the company down and of course passed the problem on to the flight attendants who also did nothing much to help. Very poor indeed.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

Moscow-Warsaw, 18 Dec. Pros: nice, new, clean Airbus aircraft, with leather seats and decent legroom. Flight on time. Very smart looking, attractive cabin crew. Good English, so all announcements were understandable ( quite rare with Aeroflot). Cons: service downgraded rapidly since last month's flight I took with them. This time only small sandwich and water/coffee/tea offered - nothing else (last time was tray with meal, cake, and whole selection of soft drinks). EU restrictions, I suppose. Cabin crew very official, and robotic, absolutely no personal touch, no interaction - beautifully groomed but cold and serious. Inflight magazine thick and full of good articles, but in Russian only (literally last 4 pages were in English only), which is pity, as it looks very interesting.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Hitender Mehandiratta    (India)

I took a flight from Netherlands to New Delhi via Moscow airport dated 16th December. I read all the reviews and statistics to check the possibility of any flight cancellation. Most of the reviews were negative but the stats were sound showing there were not significant delays. I was primarily hoping for 2 things 1). On time flight, 2). Safe arrival of luggage. The flight from Amsterdam airport to Moscow (2 hours time) didn't had inflight entertainment. The other flight from Moscow to New Delhi (6 hours 20 minutes duration) had good inflight entertainment system. The quality of food was OK was not at its best. There were no delays in the connecting flights. I had to board from Terminal E to Terminal F which was nearby, some 700 meters walking distance. However, there were some issues with Moscow Airport - i). To my wonder, the security staff was missing and the passengers had to wait for odd 20 minutes. They came, scanned the handbags and put stamp on 'boarding pass' ii). the mini trolleys which are otherwise freely available on Amsterdam airport, were simply unavailable. The passengers carrying hand bags had to face difficulty in rushing between terminals, iii). The sign boards in Moscow airport are not mounted\positioned at appropriate locations. The travelers sometimes have to take U turn to go the correct direction.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by C Suys    (Belgium)

Boeing 777 from Moscow to Hanoi: good leg space, comfortable chair, excellent inflight entertainment with many new movies, tv-series. The food was average but not bad. They serve wine (ok quality) but no beer. After dinner the flight attendants "disappear" but react quickly to the calling light.

Airbus 320 from Moscow to Brussels: good leg space, comfortable chair but a bit cramped in the 3-3 layout. No inflight entertainment but luckily only a 4 hours flight. Food average but ok. They serve wine (not bad) but no beer.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by C Howard    (New Zealand)

I flew HKG-SVO-LED and back in the past week. The seats were really comfortable on both legs; however legroom could be improved (I'm 5"8) and it was pretty cramped in the A330-300, however on the A320 the legroom was sufficient. Food was really good compared with other airlines and I was quite satisfied with Aeroflot's service. On the last flight from SVO-HKG that I took today, all economy passengers received medium-haul amenity kits from Business class, which was surprising as there was only a pair of slippers and eye-shades on the first leg. Overall I really enjoyed the flight and I'll definitely be taking Aeroflot again in the near future!

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Marc Liljeqvist    (Denmark)

I flew from Copenhagen to Tokyo with a stop-over en Moscow SVO. It was a very positive experience. Aeroflot has gone through a large modernization programme in the recent years, and it was very evident when I travelled with them. Most of their fleet now consists of modern airliners such as the A320, the A330 and the Boeing 777. I flew on their A320 from CPH to SVO. For a short-haul flight, the onboard service was extremely good compared to most European airlines. The food consisted of fresh bread, cheese, beef, and a delicious cake, and the cabin crew were serving cold and hot drinks throughout the whole flight. The crew was extremely friendly. Since the plane was only half full, many of the passengers were lying down across the seats. The cabin crew immediately offered them blankets and pillows to make them more comfortable. This is the first time I have experienced this on a European flight. The transfer at SVO was smooth and easy. The airport has been renovated and now offers an easy access between the terminals without having to go outside the airport. The passport and security check took less than 10 minutes, much to my surprise, and I was now standing in Terminal D, which had a wide selection of restaurants, shops, as well as free WiFi. The flight to Tokyo was on an A330. The interior felt fresh and new, and the seats were very comfortable, although for a tall guy such as myself, the legroom left much to be desired, but that is not the fault of the airline. The cabin crew on this flight were fluent in English and Japanese. Again, very friendly people. There was a passenger in front of me who seemed rather anxious about flying, and kept calling the crew throughout the whole flight. They never ignored his calls or talked bad to him. They kept smiling and did what they could to make him feel comfortable. The food was again very tasty, and the menu offered both Russian and Japanese dishes, and despite the rather cramped space, I had a very comfortable flight to Tokyo. I have read many negative reviews about Aeroflot, and I will not deny that people might have had some bad experiences, but my opinion on Aeroflot is that it is a modern airline that offers some of the cheapest tickets in the world, while maintaining a high standard in customer service. I have already booked my next flight with Aeroflot, and I will continue to fly with them whenever possible.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Hossein Hosseini    (Iran)

Flew Business class from Tehran to Moscow, Aircraft A321 clean inside, no entertainment at all. Flight attendants polite but lacked professionalism as they forgot about handing out wet towels and two or three of them were sleeping in the last row of business class during this very early morning hour departure. This is simply unacceptable. The performance level by the crew was very different from what I have experienced on other sectors.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by H Watson    (Australia)

We flew from Stockholm to Moscow in July. Short 2 hour flight on a new A320, not the old Soviet era planes I was expecting which was good. Flight attendants well groomed, spoke barely little English but were helpful enough. Didn't have any of the food because it was a short flight. Plane left and arrived on time, Aeroflot was fine for a quick short haul flight, no complaints. Moscow airport on the other hand.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Penelope Poulou    (USA)

I traveled with my two daughters 18 and 13 years old respectively from Dulles International Airport to Moscow with Athens as our final destination. Getting there was a bit stressful because the flight connection was too close for comfort and we had to run to make the Athens flight. The crew was rather parochial. They did not speak much English and their manners were not the best. Food was poor but not horrible. Movie choices pretty decent and the actual flights were very smooth. The pilots were quite good judging by the take offs and landings. The price was unbeatable and though this was not stellar service I would choose again if their prices remained low.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by K Shoshana Youngsam    (Canada)

I traveled from Tel Aviv to Toronto via Moscow. It was a last minute booking, the price superb and the service excellent - especially for economy class. The food was on par for international flights, but I really appreciated the courtesy of the staff. I would not hesitate to fly Aeroflot again.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Mike McElhone    (Canada)

The thought of spending a total of 17 hours on Aeroflot and 10 hours in SVO between flights was somewhat frightening. The stay at SVO was as bad as anticipated. However the two Aeroflot flights much exceeded expectations, spotlessly clean, very new planes, decent food, better than expected IFE, excellent service. The price was right.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Sargeant Alan    (Australia)

St Petersburg - Moscow. Ticket purchased at last minute and check in a bit confusing, directed to about three different counters but each without a large queue. Flight was comfortable and only a few minutes late arriving in Moscow. No IFE but it was only a little more than a hour long flight. Cabin crew were friendly and responsive and spoke reasonable English. It was like a shuttle flight and perfectly adequate. Leg room was adequate.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Andersson Lennart    (Sweden)

Me, my wife and our daughter were flying Sweden-Kiev-Bangkok with Aeroflot. I have really nothing positive to say, except the low price. Of course we understood that we would not get much because of that low price. However, we did not see the crew at all during all the flights, only when the food was ready which was at really strange times, we and many others on the plane were very hungry. We were served lunch and dinner on the first flight then breakfast on the second. The food was horrible. The food we got for lunch and breakfast was exactly the same and we did not had anything to choose from. The tv-screens at all seats were not working but that was not a big deal for us. We will never fly with Aeroflot again.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Volker von Detten    (USA)

Like I indicated below - nothing but excellent. Flew from LAX to Mokba and back. Very outstanding service. Check in easy, quick and efficient. The food flying back from Mokba was very good. Sat in the first row right were the bathrooms are and was very impressed how ALL flight attendants were constantly checking and cleaning the bathrooms (our American airlines should really take notice of that. Their bathrooms are not clean - to say the least). Also the flight stats are throughout the whole flight very nicely displayed - including nearest towns at what direction and distance - never saw that with our airlines. It also shows "pilot view" of take-off and landing - loved that. Actually could recognize all people on the ground shortly before touch down watching the descending airplane at LAX with flashes going off like crazy. In the future I will try to book Aeroflot wherever available.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by A Sargeant    (Australia)

Omsk - St Petersburg. Flew this sector 10 days after surgery and was pleased with the flights. No real express check in but express lane for security and a lounge in Omsk. Good food on both flights and comfortable space. No inflight entertainment - I had my own and the both flights on time. Luggage was amongst the first off in St Petersburg (a big plus given a transit in Moscow). Cabin crew spoke good English (again a noticeable improvement over the past few years). Aeroflot seems to be the best of the Russian Airlines.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by A Antonyan    (USA)

I traveled with my children (9 and 5 year old) from Sochi - Moscow - LAX. My experience was horrible. I nicely asked for good seats because I was with 2 children. The worker answered that she could not help me because the computer chooses the seats. Given seats 35K 35G and 35H. At first look it seems normal, but when we got to the plane, it was shocking. One seat was window side, the other two in the middle row. Where is the logic? Where is the common sense and customer care? This was a 12 hour flight.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  18 August 2014 by Haji Murat    (Russia)

My family and I flew from Moscow to Istanbul Ataturk in economy class. For the money is not expensive. The plane for this flight was a brand new A320 with sharklets. Unfortunately without a TV. The dinner was nice. Cabin crew with beauty red uniform were always respectful, cheerful and ready to help. Pilots masters of their craft. Like for duty-free sales on board. All in all a great experience. Would definitely recommend and travel with them again.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by T Haroutunian    (USA)

Flew LAX-SVO-Yervan and back, I was concerned having heard mixed reviews, but was pleasantly surprised! Flights were on time, baggage arrived perfectly, the colors and atmosphere on the plane was bright and cheery. I flew economy, so like any other airlines you get what you pay for as far as cabin space, however in all other respects Aeroflot was superior. Cabin crew were professional and polite, food was quite good. Entertainment was superb with 100's of great movies and shows to choose from, as well as games wifi, charging stations and all the works! I travelled with my children 4 and 7, and had no trouble keeping them busy for 12 hours. Children's meals can be pre-ordered and were well thought out, although my picky ones didn't eat them. Kids got tons of goodies from the staff. The value was great and I will fly with them again in the future. My only complaint were the tiny and rather dirty bathrooms. Otherwise excellent airline!

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  12 July 2014 by K Peter    (Spain)

Flight from MAD to Shanghai with transfer in Moscow. Good airline in general terms. Meals as other alternatives but no alcohol served. Seats and leg room are OK. They offer Space + seats located in the emergency exists and prices are reasonable. Cabin crew no friendly enough from my point of view if I compare with other airlines to flight to China like BA, Finnair or AF. The main difference is that they provide slippers and eye masks no offered by other airlines. Cabin and toilets are clean enough. Moscow airport is awful and really boring. Distances between terminals and gates are too much long. Flights arrived on time. Entertainment system only in English and Russian. Music selection is OK.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by A van der Made    (The Netherlands)

Flight from Amsterdam to Tokyo Narita via SVO and back. First flight from AMS to SVO on codeshare flight with KLM on B738. Flight was OK. Transit on SVO from terminal E to D was a breeze. There were no lines at immigration or security check. As we had a stopover for 6 hours we used the capsule hotel which was accessible from terminal D and E on airside (63 Euros for 4 hours). Flight from SVO to NRT was on an A333. Nice and new aircraft with good seats and complete IFE. We had 4 seats in a row for the two of us as the aircraft was about half full. Crew was attentive and quitte friendy. With one hour delay we arrived at NRT. The flight from NRT back to SVO gave us however some mixed emotions. on an A333, but with a crew that wasn't as friendly as the flight to NRT. We got the feeling we were bothering them, even with some basic requests for drinks. Toilets were very dirty on this flight, not only the fault of the crew as well as fellow passengers. Transit from terminal D to E on SVO was a mess. At immigration and security check there were long lines with a lot of people cutting lines. Flight from SVO to AMS on an A320 was better than the flight from NRT. Aircraft was however in a bit of a run down state and also quite dirty. Toilet was also in a poor state. The crew however was extremely friendly and flight arrived on time. In the end Aeroflot gave us mixed feelings. If you don't have many expectations for the price you pay for the flight, the airline is OK. At SVO you need either luck or a lot of patience concerning transits of flights. If we would fly again with this airline really depends on the price of the flights they offer.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Susan Ramsay    (Hong Kong)

I flew Aeroflot 4 times over the last 15 days. From HK to Moscow, Moscow to UK, UK to Moscow, Moscow home. The first leg was "bearable" if a little short on snacks and food options - so much so that the first thing I did was to buy a little bag of peanuts to go in my carry on. The second leg was uncomfortable due to the shell seats which are nothing sort of a torture device. Two weeks pass before the third leg, which was same seats, same limited choice of movies and even the same food. The fourth leg - the entertainment system took around an hour to load. Same movies, even though it was a different month! But the real issue for me was the meal. With almost every meal, they serve 2 pieces of bread. The white "loaf" is always icy cold and hard. The little brown slice was also cold and hard. There was not enough butter for both. Given the price I paid for my ticket, I didn't expect gourmet food, but the piece of salmon was literately the size of a teaspoon. The chicken was barely warm. Usually the food is served piping hot and even if the bread is not heated, if you leave your roll on top of your main meal you can get a bit of heat and steam into it. No such luck. The dessert - there was nothing to eat it with in the utensil pack, was exactly what it looked like, tasteless, overly sweet, faux cream. Breakfast, I chose the pancakes which I was unable to eat, they were far too sweet. I was pretty hungry by the time we landed.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by A Bor    (Latvia)

RIX-SVO-PVG and back. From RIX to SVO it was a partner flight with Air Baltic. Then came the horror of SVO-PVG. I had no option to choose seats. I was asked in RIX while checking in for seat preference and I said aisle. I did get one for RIX-SVO, and for SVO-PVG I got a 28th row, which on their A330 is in front of the toilets and the seat does not recline. The seats were rather worn and entertainment system was slow, though the selection of media was excellent. The food was plain insulting with 2cm of salmon sliced over some canned carrots and peas presented as a salad. The bun was hard and the choice of main course was chicken or fish for dinner and chicken or goulash for the supper. The dessert was surprisingly good, though I had to wait 40 minutes for the tea to have it with while they were finishing servicing everyone. And now for the best part the service. Apparently they are split in the teams of 2 with some kind of good cop / bad cop principle, as in both aisles we've seen one was making attempts to smile and the other one was plain offensive. The bathrooms were hardly cleaned, the pilots announcements were hardly audible. So imagine my surprise when on the return flight from Shanghai to Moscow I was greeted by a very professional and helpful staff (still not smiling), got into a very comfortable seat of a brand new, shiny 777, with plenty of room even with 3-4-3 scheme, great new entertainment system with touchscreen, much fresher air, and the food was really delicious, including a very fresh bun. The short flight SVO-RIX was also very pleasant with a nice little airbus with sufficient space, a delicious chicken sandwich and soft drinks and the sweetest flight attendant. To sum it all, I'd say its a real hit and miss thing with Aeroflot. Stay away from the airbus on the long flights, make sure its a 777, they're great. If you're unlucky enough to get airbus steer clear of row 28. The food probably depends on where they get it. The entertainment is excellent on long flights, tons of good movies, TV shows and music. Do not expect a good polite service on every flight. Other than that, flights were on time, with great connections and very reasonably priced.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Malinen Sampo    (Russia)

Moscow to Berlin in business. Check-in was a breeze, with a smile. Lounge at SVO pretty decent. Seats on A-320 great, and greeted with choice of drinks including champagne. Cabin crew very friendly, and spoke good English. I speak some Russian, and was treated always with smile. Lunch very tasty. Beats Lufthansa Business any day. Captain did three announcement with good English. Flight on time, would highly recommend Aeroflot on European flights anytime.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by A Menyhart    (USA)

It was my first flight with Aeroflot from LAX to Rome, Italy through Moscow. It was a very pleasant flight and definitely will fly them again. The flight was on time, the food excellent, FA's were very polite and in Moscow City Aeroport Sheremetyevo the accommodation was superb. There is a Capsule hotel on 3rd floor and for 4 hours $103 we got a nice clean room with comfortable beds and a bathroom.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Sonntag Josef    (Israel)

Will try my best to be objective since our luggage have not arrived (even a week later). TLV-SVO-CAN and back, May/June 2014. Short leg - B-777-300, excellent seats and room. Long leg: SVO-CAN, 10 hrs. A-330-300 excellent seats and room. Return flight: CAN-SVO, A-330 and Short leg: A-330-300, the seats were cramped. Crew on all flights were very nice and efficient. Food was boring, you get 2 meals on the long legs, however they were almost the same. Flights were almost on time and inflight entertainment normal.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  10 June 2014 by B Li    (Germany)

LED-SVO-STR. Very good experience overall. Both flights were on-time and comfortable. The planes were very clean and the cabin crews were very friendly and professional. 1) On LED-SVO, I put the sandwich in my bag as I was not hungry at that time. The flight attendant who was serving tea/coffee saw I did not have a sandwich on my tray table so she asked me very kindly in English whether I was hungry and why not take a sandwich for snack. 2) On SVO-STR, after I walked into the back cabin, the flight attendant greeted me and offered to guide me to my seat. 3) The SVO-STR flight (3hrs) included a full lunch, with a very generous portion of cold cut salmon and potato salad as the starter, and lamb and buckwheat as the main course. The dessert was a granola bar with honey, chocolate, cherry and apple coating. It was very tasty! Overall, from my 4 flights with Aeroflot within two weeks, I have to say the level of service is quite good and consistent. I think it is really time to change the stereotype that many of us had for the Russian national carrier for many years!

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by B Li    (Germany)

First-time with Aeroflot. Stuttgart/STR to St. Petersburg/LED via Moscow-Sheremetyevo/SVO. Both on-time. From STR to SVO, the plane was an A320 and from SVO to LED the plane was A321. The seats were very comfortable and the leg room was impressive! I am 178cm/5'10 and after sat down there was about 15cm/6in in front of my knees. In fact you can put one leg on the other without any problems. I often fly Lufthansa from Germany to Russia and in Lufthansa's A320/321 economy cabin you definitely do not see this much leg space. The food was fine. STR-SVO includes a full lunch and two rounds of drink service, and SVO-LED includes a teriyaki chicken sandwich and drinks. The staffs were professional and spoke adequate amount of English. The captains of the flights each made 3 announcements in English (welcome, in-flight update, and a final goodbye after landing), which were quite impressive. Overall, I found the trip very pleasant and Aeroflot's has exceeded my expectations! I can see clearly Aeroflot wants to improve and they are making a good effort!

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by N Efimov    (Canada)

Flew Moscow - Hong Kong (Return) on Aeroflot's A330-300. Both flights were great. Aeroflot has really stepped up their game. Both flights perfectly on-time. New aircraft, fresh IFE (movies, TV shows, games - lots to choose from), friendly staff. Legroom could be an inch better, but it seems that the rows to the back of the aircraft are worse. Food was unimaginative, but edible. The crew could speak a little better English but it was sufficient. SVO airport is horrible, though.

AEROFLOT REVIEWS PASSENGER review compare opinions Aeroflot Russian Airlines