Aeroflot Russian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Aeroflot Customer Trip Reports

AEROFLOT customer review :  27 June 2011 by Andreas Zeller (Germany)

FRA-SVO-OVB. New and spotless A320 plane. Comfortable seats and decent food on both legs. Colleagues had warned me about SVO, but found Terminal D in SVO to be first class: very efficient, good signage, good services. Both planes late by 30 mins, but that's about the only negative thing I can say. All in all a good value for money.

AEROFLOT customer review :  20 June 2011 by Gregory Moiseev (Russia)

SVO-HKG (return) in April 2011. I decided to take this trip because Aeroflot recently replaced old fleet on this route with new Airbus A330, and because ticket was quite cheap. The plane is really good, food and service are good too. On both legs boarding was efficient and flights arrived on time. The drawback is departing from old terminal F while most Aeroflot flights depart from new terminal D. Check-in and security are much easier in D.

AEROFLOT customer review :  6 June 2011 by M Zagoruyko (USA)

I use Aeroflot pretty often on my flights from Los Angeles to Moscow and domestic flights to Russian Far East. Food is great, new A330-200 entertainment systems are very good with a big choice of movies. I am loyal to SkyTeam and was forced to used Delta a few times on my journeys to Russian. I realize that Aeroflot staff do not smile always but other things compensate for it. I'd rather not be hungry and bored with okay staff then be hungry and bored onboard of Delta planes.

AEROFLOT customer review :  4 June 2011 by Geoffrey Hawthorn (UK)

Moscow SVO-Astrakhan ASF-Moscow SVO, outward by Aeroflot, inward by Nordavia. Access to SVO is tiresome, but airport is first class : easy, clean and helpful. Both flights on time. Aeroflot a new Airbus, Nordavia an old 737. Pilot information good, cabin service impeccable, light food dull but adequate.

AEROFLOT customer review :  15 May 2011 by B Hugen (Germany)

Hamburg to Tashkent via Moscow and not impressed with Aeroflot. Plane interior was old and not very clean. Entertainment not existing on both flights. Inflight magazine only in Russian. Food was tasteless and choice of drinks is very limited (one drink on 3-4 hour flight, and only choice between orange, and tomato-juice and Cola or sprite. No alcoholic drinks served or sold. All in all a very disappointing experience!

AEROFLOT customer review :  11 April 2011 by Michael Taksar (USA)

The service at SVO airport is horrible. I flew to Copenhagen by SAS flight 8700, operated by Aeroflot. The agent wanted to charge me for the excess baggage. I tried to explain to her that on a code sharing flights I am governed by the rules of SAS not by Aeroflot rules. But she did not want to listen, repeating again and again that she knew the rules. Eventually, after a long verbal exchange she called the authorities and found out that I was right. In the Aeroflot lounge - which I was entitled to use in lieu of SAS lounge - the employee on duty refused to let me in. She sent me to the other end of the airport, where the people sent me to another lounge and each refused to let me in. The employees of the Aeroflot as it turned out did not know their own airport: they did not know any telephones to call, nor they had any directories at and, they did not know even the telephone of their own lounges in different part of the airport, nor were they able to provide any reasonable assistance. Eventually at my insistence, one of the supervisors after calling around for 10-15 minutes, found out that I was indeed eligible to get into the very first lounge. The same girl who did not allow me in, eventually had to call and find out that she was wrong. She never apologized. In fact all the personnel there turned out to be so rude and incompetent.

AEROFLOT customer review :  4 April 2011 by C Pan (France)

Geneva to HK via Moscow. Aeroflot was good for the given price. The customer service was up to the mark (eg. I didnt confirm veg meal while booking but attendant once informed, remembered to bring me veg meal with a smile). I found it to be a cultural thing with the russians, which you should be open enough to accept it. Things can be little chaotic at Moscow airport. Check which airplanes they are flying on given routes and make booking accordingly - Airbus they had were new.

AEROFLOT customer review :  24 March 2011 by J Zondag (Netherlands)

Amsterdam-Moscow-Beijing and back. Friendly staff, good meals and good seats. Only in the flights from Amsterdam to Moscow and back is no inflight entertainment. IFE Moscow - Beijing good and a lot of choices of music, movies. We had friendly staff even smiles sometime. Meals good, different and good quality. A few little delays but nothing more then a few minutes. One problem is that we fly on the old terminal F, the people are rude and unhelpful but the new terminals are better.

AEROFLOT customer review :  23 March 2011 by Marcel Bogaerts (Belgium)

Brussels-Moscow-Beijing and back. Arrived in Moscow 15 minutes late, but departure to Beijing was one hour late. Reason (de-icing of the aircraft) was announced. A320 on the Brussels- Moscow stretch, older B767 on the Moscow-Beijing stretch. Service onboard was correct and friendly, and meals of decent quality. I feel that good quality was offered given the very low fare.

AEROFLOT customer review :  10 March 2011 by E Chong (France)

BKK-SVO-CDG. Long lines, slow and chaotic check-in at BKK. Planes spotless and economy seats reasonably comfortable. Crew did not stop passengers from standing up and opening the overhead compartment while taxiing. Onboard service was minimal. BKK-SVO crew performed their duty but without smiles. SU does not serve alcohol on economy class for the BKK-SVO route. Onboard food has nothing special to mention about. Limited drinks and entertainment choices. SVO transit security checks extremely slow since there was only one counter. SVO has been renovated since I last passed through this airport. I did not expect much and the ticket was the cheapest!

AEROFLOT customer review :  6 March 2011 by Elena Young (UK)

Bangkok to Budapest through Moscow. The plane, leg room and food were ok, nothing too great, but adequate. Entertainment is rather limited, especially when you are offered the same films on the way back. Passengers were sober and quiet, but they did not react security calls and moved around cabins in a random manner. A huge queue to go through a single transit desk in Moscow. One machine - a real embarrassment. Airport is a 19th Century with coffee costing 5. We needed some help with finding a gate. I approached 6 airport staff - all were abrupt, rude and unhelpful (I am bi-lingual and tried both languages). Staff in the plane were polite, but still no smiles as in other airlines. There were numerous delays in all locations. I have to say that the price was very good, so will go again. Please smile more and show more films.

AEROFLOT customer review :  4 March 2011 by Yevheniy Kahanovych (Ukraine)

KBP-SVO and consider it the best option between Kiev and Moscow. I was promised 500 miles for online check in which didn't work. Airport check in a breeze. Boarding was chaotic, A321, spotless, with good seat pitch. Fast baggage delivery. Onboard experience was somewhat spoilt with inedible breakfast snack and young crew members who looked lost and helpless. English announcements were hard to comprehend.

AEROFLOT customer review :  28 February 2011 by Ray Bloom (Thailand)

BKK to Madrid via Moscow. Except for a bottleneck at Moscow airport the return flights were okay - good food, limited inflight entertainment, reasonably pleasant cabin staff. I would fly with them again if they continue to offer their low prices. The bottleneck at Moscow - transit passengers had to go through one security machine - completely inadequate for the number of passengers.

AEROFLOT customer review :  15 February 2011 by Tibor Blum (Italy)

At Beijing we had about 2 hours of delay, boarding an aged B767. After another 45 minutes, captain said sorry, today we do not fly: the plane is broken. By about 0430 in the morning the Aeroflot airport staff said to me that I must spend my night with an unknown other traveller. After having been sent to the miserable hotel, at about 1330 next day I was able to leave Beijing to Moscow with a better A332 aircraft. Staff is incompetent and very rude. They just don't know a word of English and if you have a problem, it remain a your problem. They have to learn a lot.

AEROFLOT customer review :  14 February 2011 by L Robin (Thailand)

Moscow to Vladivostok. The worst flight I ever had , chose economy as biz class is a rip off for domestic flight - service is terrible. I called many time the hostess for a glass of water during the night - no one came. No need to talk about food, it was terrible. Service is like the food. My last experience with this airline (beside the one hour flight to St Petersburg I do regularly) I don't understand how they can be SkyTeam member.

AEROFLOT customer review :  11 February 2011 by J Yakunina (New Zealand)

Beijing- Moscow. The customer service is appalling! Unfriendly, unhelpful and rude staff! Tried to call service helpdesk in Moscow and no one would answer the phone or speak sufficient English. They have a long way to go to improve customer experience.

AEROFLOT customer review :  6 February 2011 by J Weaver   (USA)

Kiev-Moscow-JFK. Experienced more of the same disorganization that I saw on my previous flights. I have found that flight attendants to not enforce the rules because they are half the size of their very pushy customers. Flight smooth except for passengers attempting to remove heavy bags and dragging every other object out of the overhead with it. Upon landing in JFK we were delayed getting to our gate. While we were stopped, passengers got up and got their bags and raced for the exit. There was no effort made to stop them because of the size difference with the FA's. Plane was new and seats were reasonably comfortable. I feel sorry for Aeroflot staff having to deal with stubborn, and highly combative passengers. Aeroflot tickets are cheap enough to entice me to fly with them again even if the passengers act like a mob.

AEROFLOT customer review :  2 February 2011 by Mary Tiutiunnik   (Australia)

Moscow to Seoul with Aeroflot. I had trouble at Moscow Sheremetyevo airport at check-in on 27th January, my seat booking could not be found even though I had rung the day before and was assured I had a confirmed seat. I was sent to Domestic terminal D to a Korean Air office that did not exist - I rang the airline and again was told my seat was booked and confirmed and after going to the service desk at Terminal D, being yelled at by a charming girl I did receive help and a man from Aeroflot escorted me back to Terminal F. I had 4 attendants then check me in and one was waiting at the gate to see that I was OK and to tell me to checkin again at Seoul for my flight to Sydney. The flight was fine, food was good and the service was fine. Russian airports are very difficult at the best of times I only speak a little Russian but I have travelled with Russians and it is also difficult when there are problems for them, as customer service is terrible one. Russia is not a country where it is easy to travel - at airports there is often no trolleys, no one who speaks English and rude service.

AEROFLOT customer review :  23 January 2011 by C Per   (Italy)

My first experience with Aeroflot has been really awful. December 26th Moscow Sheremetyevo to Beijing, but due to the bad weather, many flights, including mine, are cancelled. Aeroflot is unable to cope with the passengers requests for clarification and the assistant who manages the Transit office is only able to say that she cannot tell anything to anybody and that passengers should just hear the announcements and watch the displays. Needless to say, the announcements are barely audible and spoken in a language which hardly resembles English and the displays report incorrect information. We happen to discover by chance that Aeroflot dispenses meal vouchers, which passengers are able to receive only after long and exhausting queues. The worst part is when the flight Moscow-Beijing is actually announced, at 1630 on December 27th. No information is given as to who is allowed to access the airplane and this causes chaos at the gate. After some time, rumors spread that only passengers with a ticket for Dec 27th flight will be admitted as well as some people with the ticket for the Dec 26th flight. After a couple of hours in wait at the gate, an announcement of an Air China flight to Beijing has the result to disperse part of the crowd, mostly Chinese, but when we go to the gate joining the others, we notice that the monitor at the gate reports a flight to Antalya. Therefore, we go back to the Moscow-Beijing gate and after pushing and shoving, we are admitted into the airplane with no apparent logic, while other passengers are left behind. What has happened is really beyond comprehension and I discourage anyone from flying Aeroflot, which is the worst company that I have used in my entire life.

AEROFLOT customer review :  22 January 2011 by Jared Weaver   (USA)

JFK-Moscow-Kiev. Food and drink were free unlike many American carriers, and found the food to be quite good. I did experience a horrible lack of organization and enforcement of the rules. No one would take their seat and flight attendants would not intervene to get things moving faster. Thus my flight from JFK was 20 minutes late taking off. Other than that, the service was professional. Dinner was served quickly along with several rounds of drinks, none of which were alcoholic. During landing, I experienced the same disorganization and lack of enforcement of rules. When were on final approach to Moscow, a woman entered the bathroom and would not leave. There was some attempt at removing her, but not nearly enough. The flight to Kiev was more of the same, passengers refused to take their seats until the plane was actually moving. There as little to no attempt by the crew to seat them. Our flight was delayed over a half hour because of this. Inflight service was good, perhaps better than the flight between JFK to Moscow. Despite the short flight, a meal was served and drinks came frequently. Overall my complaint was the lack of effort to get the passengers seated. The flight attendants knew enough English to make ordering food and drinks easy despite me not knowing a word of Russian.

AEROFLOT customer review :  21 January 2011 by J Habesh   (USA)

It seems the common thread with most fliers on Aeroflot is that planes and flight service is good, but the Airport in Moscow is no where near international standards. I agree! I flew one way from Yerevan Armenia to Moscow, and on to Los Angeles. New Airbus planes, good leg room, and above average meals. The flight crew seemed like they would rather be elsewhere and were not very interested to assist when someone had taken my seat. I had to stand for a while, and then took matters into my own hands and found another seat.

AEROFLOT customer review :  19 January 2011 by Y Kiselev   (Norway)

Oslo - Moscow - St Petersburg return. Fine crew, meals and planes. Boarding in A319 in Oslo took some 40 minutes, most of which were spent inside the aircraft waiting for other passengers to take their seats - thanks to lack of management and guidance from the cabin crew. Due to this, arrived to Sheremetyevo D with a 35 minutes delay, cutting my connection time down to 40 minutes. Passport control /customs very fast. Waited for luggage about 15 minutes. Ran to the transfer desk, where two of the three staff said they can offer re-booking for a later flight to LED. However, the third representative was extremely helpful, did few phone calls to warn the gate that I am coming, and basically ran with me through the corridors carrying my luggage to the LED flight gate. Unfortunately, the flight to LED was delayed, people were standing at the gate for 40 minutes hearing no info but only "5 more minutes!". Finally the gate personal announced cancellation of the flight and we were rescheduled for the flight departing in 2 hours. On the way back from St Petersburg everything went smoothly, I even did not need to pick up my luggage at Sheremetyevo for customs clearance. Service and flights were just great. Aeroflot does change for the better, but has to put more effort into ground staff training and customer service. English training for the crew is necessary as well. As for lack of smiles - I guess this is simply a cultural feature - Russians generally reserve smiles for situations of fun and/or pleasure, and apparently Aeroflot staff do not feel much of either at work.

AEROFLOT customer review :  14 January 2011 by M Ranevskaya   (USA)

I expected to fly from Moscow to Stockholm on December 26 2010, but the flight was first delayed several times, and then cancelled. As a result, I reached Stockholm on December 28 - after waiting in Sheremetyevo for more than 2 days and nights without any information, food or lodging. The electronic screens displayed misleading information about many flights that were delayed or cancelled. I found out that my flight was about to depart merely by chance from my fellow travellers. After registration, it was impossible to find any representative of Aeroflot in the international terminal D - they were just afraid to get out to the angry crowd, and when they finally ventured, they could not answer any questions and would not give their supervisors names. The new beautiful terminal is a mess without those who are responsible for customer service. I felt trapped and betrayed.

AEROFLOT customer review :  11 January 2011 by Timo Kauppi   (Netherlands)

Amsterdam to Bangkok via Moscow Sheremetyevo. Amsterdam to Moscow can be compared to a flight with any European airline, you get even a warm meal. Moscow to Bangkok was excellent, service was good even though the crew did not speak good English. Announcements in English were very difficult to understand. You get a warm meal twice and in between drinks and snacks. The selection of drinks is awfully poor for a long haul flight. Aeroflot does not serve any alcohol on flights to Bangkok but they also have not replaced those alcohol drinks with anything else. You are served only Cola, Fanta, Sprite, water, tomato juice, apple juice or orange juice, tea and coffee. Inflight entertainment was excellent with many films and games as well as music. The only negative thing we could find was the fact that Russian passengers do not take safety matters very seriously. We heard mobile phones ringing and passengers going to use the toilet during approach! Apart from the routine announcements and checking seat belts the crew was not interested in telling passengers to behave.

AEROFLOT customer review :  9 January 2011 by Farouk Mogheth   (Thailand)

Bangkok-Moscow-Prague and return. I tried Aeroflot again and my decision was made on the basis of the facts that they use new A330 on their longhaul which is a big step forward compared to their Il96 Russian aircraft and Aerflot flights and Skyteam partners moved to the newly opened Terminal E and D in Sheremetyovo which is supposed to shelter the passengers from the horrors of what is now called Terminal F. The flight from BKK was okay check in was problem free, the boarding process was chaotic as usual and staff completely uninterested to help. To my horror we parked at the older terminal and it was the same story all over again. Horrible terminal with sad staff barking at passengers, overcrowded old terminal with people sitting on the ground. I consider it as false advertising and clearly the airline lied as my reservations stated all flights were to fly to/from the new terminal. The A330 new and still clean, onboard entertainment limited but okay, a small number of films and a very limited music choice. The food was good and portions sufficient, only one drink, then totally zero cabin presence. After the meal the crew hid for at least 8 hours at the back of the plane and ignored many calls for service. They shamelessly kept hauling business class food for what it seems as their own private party at the back galley. Toilets filthy as no one checks on them. The same thing at the return flight. Beware that Aeroflot Bangkok flights are predominantly family oriented so there will be a large % of infants on board which can get very tricky with a plethora of babies yelling all through the red eye flight in unison. Aeroflot's greatest weakness is in its crew - sad, robotic and no eye contact whatsoever. Thanks for the flight but I guess Ill give someone else my business until I see a considerable move forward from Aeroflot.

AEROFLOT customer review :  9 January 2011 by T Thanasis   (Greece)

Athens to Moscow Sheremyetevo return. New A320, polite staff, good food. Price was cheap. I would fly again with Aeroflot.

AEROFLOT customer review :  5 January 2011 by Andrew Smith   (UK)

London-Moscow-Bangkok, price way cheaper than competitors when we booked, planes seemed pretty new, decent choice of films, music games etc, so-so - food. Staff extremely unfriendly, no alcohol in economy, 3 hours in Moscow. Would always have to be way cheaper than better alternatives such as Thai, Etihad, Emirates for me to use them again. However much better than Royal Jordanian who we used to BKK last Christmas - they were truly appalling.

AEROFLOT customer review :  1 January 2011 by Philip Jensen   (Denmark)

Copenhagen - Moscow - Havana. First flight an A319, seats quite comfortable with good legroom and delicious dinner. Moscow-Havana new A330-200, seats good, although they don't recline were much. The biggest drawback was that IFE offered a very limited amount of movies and TV shows, no where near main competitors.

AEROFLOT REVIEWS PASSENGER review compare opinions Aeroflot Russian Airlines