Aeroméxico Passenger Reviews and Aeromexico Customer Trip Reports

Aeroméxico detailed 3-Star Ranking

Aeroméxico
2.0 Star Rating: Poor

1 2 3 4

Aeroméxico Customer review :  23 July 2014 by J Hopkins    (Mexico)

My father and I flew from Lima to Mexico City on the 767-300ER. When we were checking in, the agent told us that the flight was delayed 50 minutes. We passed security and went to the business lounge until 1.45am - the time we were told to board. We made it to our seats only to wait 5 minutes and they told us there would be a delay of 3 hours, so we didn't board until 4.30am. We went to our seats 1A and 1B. The width of the seats was uncomfortable, but they do recline almost 180°. Service was awful. They only served the food, no drinks offered and food was either salad or chicken. No AVOD and even not a movie during the 6 hour flight, the TV was shared. We arrived delayed in Mexico City. Overall, I do not recommend business class, it is not worth the price.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Brambila Andrea    (USA)

My husband and I flew to Mexico City and then to Manzanillo. Staff were friendly and helpful. We encountered no problems with this airline. Our flights ran on schedule and our luggage was not lost. On the return trip I was missing a form at the time of boarding, staff quickly helped me fill it out and held the plane for me to run back to the boarding gate. We will use this airline again. We feel like we received good service for the price of our ticket.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Jill Reisinger    (USA)

My children used the unaccompanied minors service from ORD-MEX-VER. I was very nervous as were they. They had never flown before plus being alone they were scared. None the less they had a great flights. Their layover in Mexico City was fun they said. They were taken to a game room that was a restricted area for unaccompanied minors only where they were supervised and played video games and watched movies. My children said everyone they encountered with AeroMexico were helpful and friendly. No problems at all with delays, baggage etc... I will use this airline again. My children will be flying annually to Mexico to visit their father.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Marcel Gonzalez    (Switzerland)

Paris to Mexico City. The staff at the airport in both airports (Mexico / Paris) were friendly and helpful. The plane is a new B787 Dreamliner with pretty modern installation. The food was served very good and the entertainment was for a long 12h flight very amused. I will prefer Aeromexico for future flights from Europe to Mexico or to Central / South America.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Jeff Berry    (USA)

Today, I was scheduled to fly from Mexico City to LAX, but I was connecting from another city. Aeromexico screwed up the connection, so I missed my leg to LAX. Instead of simply rebooking me on a later flight (of which there were three), they wanted to reticket me and charge me the then rate, which was $650 more than I had originally paid. Seriously? You want me to pay $650 for your mistake. Worse, when I said I'd fly Alaska instead, they didn't care - but refused to refund me my original money for the MEX to LAX leg. This is the second such instance with this airline. Two years ago, I was making the same trip and also was not able to complete the leg from MEX to LAX. They said there was "weather problems" in LA. (My family was at the airport in LA at the time and said it was clear as day and gorgeous weather). So they cancelled my flight to LAX, and I was told I couldn't get on another flight until the next day. They made me pay for my hotel room at the Mexico City airport because it was a weather delay (which it wasn't) and was beyond their control. Worse, I had purchased an upgrade to First Class earlier in the day (before the flight was cancelled), and when the First Class cabin was not available on the flight the next day, they wouldn't refund my First Class upgrade cost even though they were going to put me in Coach. So, when I got home, I filed suit in Small Claims Court and I won the cost of the hotel and the First Class upgrade cost.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  5 May 2014 by Georgios Vrontos    (Greece)

MEX-PVR-MEX-CUN on EMB190, B737-700 and B737-800. EMB190 and B737-800 were new and great, B737-700 was old but well kept. First row on economy is great with plenty of leg room. All flights were on time and service was good. They offer only refreshments and alcoholic drinks. Attendants were nice and speak English perfectly. Terminal 2 at MEX is modern and great. Luggage drop and security was very fast. On B737-700 and -800 there was full IFE service with more than 10 movies.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Nicola Origgi    (México)

LIM-MEX-LIM, Business Class (Clase Premiere), in April was a perfect example on how Aeromexico has come to represent an inconsistent product. Plane is an oldish 737 without personal IFE, but it was just fine in both legs. Seat Ok and amenity kit, that Aeromexico now handles only on overnight flight, with some space for improvement even though it was delivered with a really nice IPAD case. As far as service is concerned, a huge difference between the MEX-LIM and the LIM-MEX leg. On the first leg, it was outstanding with a professional, warm and polite flight attendant. Good food and good selection of drinks. On the way back, flights attendants did not even bother to greet passengers and performed their job mechanically and without interest. What a difference! What a lack of consistency in the product delivered by Aeromexico. A 3/10 would be a perfect grade to describe this last experience.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  3 April 2014 by J Gonzalez    (USA)

We flew back Feb 22 towards our destination which was Los Angeles from Guadalajara Mexico on flight 784. We were told there was haze over LA and we needed to land in Tijuana Mexico to re-fuel and allow it to clear up. After sitting in the plane at Tijuana for 1 hr they told us the plane was no longer going to fly to LA so we could get off and figure things on our own or fly back to Guadalajara and be on standby for flights back. We were supposed to arrive in LA at 9.45, it is now close to midnight and we're stuck in TJ. The flight attendants did not try to accommodate us while waiting. They sat in the back on their phones. We waiting for at least 45 min before we were allowed off the plane then waited an additional hour for our luggage. At the airport there was no help and no assistance. We actually had to have family drive 4 hours to pick us up and I have 2 small children with me.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  12 March 2014 by A Anne    (USA)

JFK-MEX-ZIH and return. JFK-MEX on the red eye was completed on an older model 737 with no inflight entertainment (presumably due to the timing of the flight - depart 12.15am, arrive 4.40am) but we were served a very nice hot sandwich shortly after takeoff. MEX-JFK return on a brand-new 737 - great plane, excellent inflight entertainment and again a nice hot meal. The ZIH-MEX connection was slightly delayed but we were assured that a significant amount of passengers on the flight were connecting to the JFK flight. Sure enough, about 18 of us were greeted by an agent upon deplaning in MEX and were escorted as a group to the JFK gate, which was in the process of boarding. Excellent service throughout by both ground and cabin crews. Would not hesitate to recommend Aeromexico in the future.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  4 March 2014 by B Yoani    (Peru)

LIM-MEX-ORD economy round-trip. My only complaints are: 1) They forgot my vegetarian meal on LIM-MEX leg. The flight attendant brushed me off and just left without even asking if I wanted a drink or a regular meal. Never bothered to check, and never came back. 2) They sold me a flight that had a 1.5 hours layover in Mexico City, I wasn't aware of the whole customs-immigration-checking my bags again at MEX airport. If they know of this whole ordeal, why would they sell flights with such short layovers? Food and service: Most staff were pleasant. The food was pretty decent and free drinks, even alcoholic ones. The flight didn't have individual screens, so there's only one movie option. They did have radio and gave headphones, a pillow, and a blanket. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience. As a side note, if you have a connection through Mexico airport and are pressed for time, make sure you ask the personnel if you can't find something as its lacking some signs. The conveyor belt for my flight was in a separate room than most of the belts, had I not asked someone, I probably would've waited in vain.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Adriana Luna    (USA)

Flight 636 on Sunday 2-23-14 (MEX to ATL). In Mexico City they wanted to weight my purse and wanted me to pay 2 kilos extra. Why do I have to pay if my belongings were under my seat? They don't accept dollars just pesos. I have never travelled on an airline that would weigh my carry on luggage or personal purse. The customer service reps at the airport in Mexico City were rude. Flight attendants were nice and helpful. I will never travel with Aeromexico.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  18 February 2014 by D Thorger    (USA)

ATL-GRU via MEX. Thought I'd found a good value on a business class ticket that would let me earn skymiles. Wrong! I flew in business both ways, but only got skymiles one direction because of the "class of service". (The leg where I got stuck in the middle seat is the one I earned miles on.) "Middle seat in business class" you might be saying? Why yes. Not the seat I reserved when I booked, but the seating chart at that time didn't even show a middle seat. Would not recommend, don't plan to fly again myself.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  24 January 2014 by Saxena Abhinav    (USA)

I booked my trip to Santiago de Chile from San Francisco with AM just because they were skyteam partners. The inflight service was great. I was allowed to priority board with my delta silver status. I even got access to skyteam lounge in Santiago without asking. Food was a bit of a let down, especially since I requested a vegetarian meal. Other than that the entertainment was good, not hundreds of choices but I found the selection of movies and programs fresh and entertaining. All four legs of the flight were on time, and staff were very helpful. Even though I didn't know any Spanish, I was able to communicate, which is often a problem. Overall be it luck or their usual code of conduct, I had a great experience with AM and would recommend to any one. Economical and comfortable, despite a 16 hour trip.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Simon Tang    (Hong Kong)

Los Angeles - Mexico City - Cancun / Merida - Mexico City - Guadalajara - Culiacan - Los Angeles. Staff not terribly helpful. I was initially booked on Los Angeles to Mexico City via Hermosillo with only a 45 minutes connection in Hermosillo. Was told by the staff at check-in they were not sure if that is sufficient time for me to make the connection but they would not change my flights because that's the way the ticket had been issued. In the end, they changed it because the Los Angeles to Hermosillo flight was overbooked. Guadalajara to Culiacan departure was late, so along with a couple of passengers, we missed the Culiacan to Los Angeles flight. All the announcements for the late departure from Guadalajara was only in Spanish, though when asked, one of the flight attendants would occasionally kept me updated. Passengers were given the option of flying via Mexico City arriving about 12 hours later or to continue on to Tijuana and making our own way to Los Angeles at our own expense. Check in was very slow on all flights. Seems that for most of the departures in Mexico, there is a system for printing your boarding passes at the machines in the airport, but even then the queue for bag drop itself is at least 1 hour long, including in Mexico City. The domestic lounge in Mexico City was reasonable. Hot food station (soup) was manned by staff. Was not particularly impressed by how the waiting staff asked for tips twice (once before serving the soup and once after serving the soup at the counter) when all they are doing is their job.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Peter Huurman    (Netherlands)

Flew the new 787 in business class from Paris to Mexico city on Dec 19th. Flight attendant refused to speak English. Served dinner about 45 minutes later than in economy class, meal was lukewarm. Exactly 5 minutes later she showed up again, noticed that I was still eating and asked me if I was done. The reason became clear right after desert was served. On this 12 hour flight there is only service in the first 2.5 hours and in the 90 minutes before landing. 8 full hours there is no flight attendant, no drinks no snacks. They expect you to sleep and not bother the flight crew. If you can't sleep it will be a long flight. Entertainment is very limited. Movies in the section new, are at least a year old. You have about 10 to choose from. Watching out of the window is prohibited by AeroMexico. The windows will be darkened 15 minutes after take off until 5 minutes before touchdown. Service was better in economy class on this flight. Expect AeroMexico business class at the level of "Premium economy class" on any other skyteam airline. For sure not worth the extra money.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Luz Ramos    (USA)

GDL to LAX. It was a very pleasant flight for many reasons. Staff were very friendly and willing to help with any question. The food served was good for a 3 hour flight. They served yoghurt with cookies and fruit. There was inflight entertainment but no option, all that there was available is what they played. Overall I really liked this airline and am willing to fly with them in the future.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  2 January 2014 by A Nathaniel    (USA)

I had an excellent flight from MEX to JFK on New Year's Day on one of their new 787s. Check-in staff was helpful and well-organized. We boarded and left on time. Cabin staff was professional and friendly; the breakfast frittata was great and there was a variety of movies to choose from during the flight. They even offered wine in Economy Class. The 787 is a great plane and flying in this plane was a great experience. We arrived at JFK 30 minutes early.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  2 January 2014 by A Nathaniel    (USA)

I had a positive experience with Aeromexico from JFK to MEX via Cancun on Christmas. JFK check-in was efficient, with no extra fees for checking a bag. They also served complimentary breakfast, which was a decent omelette. Cabin staff was friendly and professional. We left and arrived on time. I had a 3-hour layover before taking a flight to Toluca (at a bargain fare) and asked Cancun check-in staff if I could change that leg of the trip to MEX. I was switched to an earlier CUN-MEX flight at no extra charge. The aircraft from CUN to MEX was brand new and spotlessly clean. We left and arrived on time.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  9 December 2013 by L Cassady    (Mexico)

Oaxaca / Mexico City / SFO. After my last traumatic experience with AeroMexico I am not looking forward to my next trip next week. This really is the last time I will fly with them - going to pay more for United flights that go through Houston. It was amazing to read some of the reviews below that mirrored my experience. I missed a $150 flight and had to pay $600 to rebook! No sympathy. I was there at the gate 2 hours early, so it wasn't that I was late. I hadn't got my passport stamped by immigration because I didn't see the table, and even though I was told I had time to go get it stamped, and I ran, they closed the gate and I missed the flight. All the employees I dealt with were very cold and even seemed to take pleasure that I had missed my flight and had to buy a new ticket. There are so many bad reviews here that I hope others will refrain from using this airline until they adopt a more user friendly attitude.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Christian Sagstetter    (USA)

ATL-MEX-ATL, in addition to my earlier review I want to add the 2nd part of worst experience I had. Redeeming my skymiles I booked ATL-MEX a new ticket as Aeromexico was not willing to rebook me. At the end of my business trip in MEX I tried to check in for my return flight but I learnt that they have an internal policy that if you are not on your first flight they cancel your booking for the second flight. To get home I had to buy another ticket. The SkyTeam should really choose their codeshare partners more wisely. Never again.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Christian Sagstetter    (USA)

ATL-MEX, this was the worst experience I have ever had with an airline. I was on time (1.30pm for a 3pm flight) at the check in counter and was sent to another counter, Delta. When I was turned away there as well and sent back my flight had been closed for 5 minutes and nobody could help to get me on or even rebook me to the next available flight. After being stuck at the terminal for over 5 hours hanging on the phone with travel agent and Aeromexico I had to leave home again. I was told to go the next day to the check in counter where I again was told to pay a penalty to get rebooked. I redeemed my skymiles and booked another ticket.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  27 November 2013 by David Alexander    (USA)

I had a great experience with Aeromexico on a round trip from Las Vegas to Guadalajara. The aircraft was very clean. The loading process was efficient and quick. The flight attendants were very professional and all were bi- lingual. The entire staff of Aeromexico were pleasant and concerned with customer satisfaction.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Francesca Jones    (UK)

Flew London to Mexico City, no entertainment on 12.5 flight! Very uncomfortable, no footrests and not a lot of space. Staff on the way back were rude and impertinent, when I asked for a 3rd glass of wine (thimble sized) we were curtly told that we would not be served drinks for 9 hours and that you're only allowed 1 or 2 drinks, which is new to me. Staff seemed reluctant to do any work and viewed it more of an inconvenience than their actual livelihood. My seat didn't recline so spent 10 hours on an overnight upright. Food was rubbish as well.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  11 November 2013 by A Mayorga    (Mexico)

MTY to CUN via MEX. MTY to MEX flight was delayed and they didn't do anything about it so I missed my connection to CUN then customer service gave me the run around and tried to charge me MXN$300 to put me on waiting lists for flights they clearly knew were oversold. Aeromexico left me stranded in the airport overnight and couldn't be bothered to offer board and a meal. Hadn't it been for my helpful travel agency I might as well been left there for 3 days until my returning flight to MTY. MEX to MTY was delayed as well as apparently the crew was stuck in TIJ. I'll never fly Aeromexico again.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  24 October 2013 by H Harwood    (Mexico)

Horrible experience with missed connection. My arrival in Mexico City gave me 1.5 hours to catch my connection to Merida. Our flight was on time so I expected to be ok - but quickly saw that I had a long wait in Customs. It took over an hour to get through that line-up. Carried my bag as fast as I could up to the area where connecting flights were to drop bags off - and to another line-up. The rep working there told me it was too late to catch my flight to Merida. It hadn't left but doors were closed. She told me to go and get a new flight across the hall. When I arrived there, the rep told me that I must buy a new ticket. I was shocked. No other airline has ever made me pay for a new connection when I have been held up in a Customs line-up. Even the supervisor on shift would not bend. I could not believe this airline would treat a customer so badly. I had run as fast as possible between customs and baggage check-in - only to be told by the unfriendly agent that "1.5 hours is enough time" to catch my flight. So I paid for a new ticket - no choice! What stung even more was the feeling that AeroMexico just didn't care what happened to their customer, arriving alone in a strange city. Never again.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Chacon Santiahp    (Mexico)

MEX to CDG in a 767-200 that was at least 25 years old. The business class seat was not working well and there were no in-seat monitors. The service attitude was not pleasant. The stewardess greeting people at the door were not even smiling. Overall poor quality, especially considering that the price paid was the same as the price of an Air France flight, which I took on the way back and was incomparable.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  23 October 2013 by E Geefay    (USA)

Tonight I went to the airport to board my flight from SFO to Cancun. I got there in plenty of time and had 2 bags to check. Their website clearly states that the first bag is free and the second bag is 50 dollars. When I got to the ticket counter the agent told me that the flight was fully booked and they were only accepting passengers with one piece of luggage. They were not accepting a second bag even if you wanted to pay. I asked them what I could do and they said I could board the flight but only if I left one bag behind. Forcing passengers with more than one luggage to give up their seats on an overbooked flight so they could solve their over booked flight without any compensation. If you ever take Aeromexico, don't assume you can just pay for an extra bag. You can take 2 bags but you may have to either leave one behind or get moved to another flight. I let them move me to a flight the next day. I had to take all my luggage back home, lugging it up the stairs because the escalators weren't working. No More Aeromexico for me.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  21 October 2013 by C Herrera    (USA)

LAX to MX City was ok, but seat old and lumpy. First trip to Mexico and employees could have been more welcoming. Mother, 71, not feeling too good had to make several pit stops as we were misdirected twice to our gate, but we still made it 20 minutes before flight time. Not good enough, gate was closed and we were sent away. We stopped at what was supposed to be Customer Service in time to hear another couple being harshly criticized for not being at the gate an hour before flight time and forced to buy new tickets to get to Cancun. My mother was so upset and didn't want me to have to buy more tickets but they knew I had no choice. This was the start of our trip and they knew it! On our return flight people were walking onto the plane minutes before the doors closed and the engines started.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Alejandro Moreno    (Colombia)

BOG-MEX, MEX-CUN, CUN-MEX, MEX-GDL, GDL-MEX, MEX-BOG. I booked a multi-city including 2 international flights and several domestic flights, I can say that the only good thing about Aeromexico is their business lounge. Onboard the aircraft its a complete nightmare, service is the worst I have had, seats are dated and not comfortable, inflight entertainment is poor, and food is awful. I would strongly advise against flying with them.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  26 September 2013 by S Patrick    (Austria)

Mexico City to Cancun in Business Class. Lounge in T2 is ok. Flight attendant wasn't very friendly. Only drinks and no food served on the 2.15 hr flight to Cancun. Very poor service. Seat was ok. No entertainment.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Kari Finnegan    (USA)

My husband and I were so excited for our honeymoon. We left LAX on July 21, 2013, destination ZLO. The way there wasn't too bad. On our trip back on Aug 3rd we had a 5 hour layover in Mexico City. Numerous flights were cancelled throughout the day, and we ended up staying at the airport for over 12 hours until the cancelled everything altogether. We were put up in a hotel nearby, which had a 1.5 hour wait to check in, due to everyone else's flight being cancelled. We slept for 2 hours and had our departure to LAX early AM. We finally arrived in LAX and Aeromexico lost my husbands baggage. All we wanted to do was go home, and we were stuck waiting for an Aeromexico staff for at least an hour so we could give them our contact information and leave. That was the worst trip back ever.

1 2 3 4