Aeroméxico Passenger Reviews and Aeromexico Customer Trip Reports

Aeroméxico detailed 3-Star Ranking

Aeroméxico
2.0 Star Rating: Poor

1 2 3 4

Aeroméxico Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Carol Knox    (Mexico)

1 Oct 2014 , San Antonio, TX - Mexico City, Mexico. Mexico City, Mexico - Oaxaca, Mexico. I live in Oaxaca and fly regularly to San Antonio to visit family in Texas. I have found the staff particularly patient, helpful, and courteous with my struggles to speak Spanish. My flights have been on time and the planes clean and pleasant. One trip my connection in DF was tight, and the attendant booked me on the later flight in case I missed the one I was ticketed for.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Anne Farmer    (USA)

Flights from San Antonio to Cuernavaca then back to Atlanta were most pleasant experiences. All the things I like to have happen when flying came together on both flights. Both were on time, check in went quickly and smoothly, every Aeromexico person I had contact with was professional and friendly, and even boarding was quick and efficient. The meals - sandwich and candy bar - was well, a sandwich, but the bread was fresh and a fun sized Snickers isn't all that bad. This was my second and third flight with Aeromexico and all were very pleasant flights. I caught up on a TV show going down and a movie coming back home. For me, the airline did a great job and the fare was very reasonable.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Robert Hansen    (USA)

Flight 24. Departed at 11.55pm on Oct 20 and arrived at 12.30pm on Oct 21. Had a very positive experience with my flights to and from Mexico City to Rio de Janeiro in Premiere Class. From the gate agents to the inflight crew the service was excellent. The meals and entertainment was also very good.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  31 October 2014 by D Ito    (Germany)

MEX/PVR morning flight. Check-in staff forgot to put a priority tag on my luggage. Even 70min flight, Business class meal was only one muffin, same as Economy class. The only different thing was refilling coffee. Seat was enough big but old. It's ok because of a short haul, but if it's more than 2 hours, I take Economy class to save money.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Tony Saunders    (Mexico)

Aeromexico is a good airline, but there is a huge gap in quality from aircraft to aircraft, for instance, last week I flew from CUN to MEX in a new B737-800 excellent in every way. My next leg was MEX to TIJ in a B737-700 old, cramped, no inflight entertainment, just one tiny bag of peanuts for a 3 hour flight, toilet old and dirty. The boarding procedure AM is implementing is awful and useless. It takes longer and it is absurd. First, they board pax on window seats, then center seats and on final call aisle seats no matter if you are in row 10 or 24. Uncomfortable at the gates. AM is the best airline there is in Mexico.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Andreas Jancso    (Brazil)

Return trip - Sao Paulo to Puerto Vallarta, connecting through Mexico City, leaving October 9th and returning October 14th. One day before departure I received an e-mail informing me that the return flight was postponed from October 14th at 23:15 to October 15th at 08:40. Since I had to be back in Sao Paulo on the 15th in the afternoon, I contacted Aeromexico in Brazil to request that my return flight be transferred to TAM, who code share with Aeromexico on this segment, with the flight leaving Mexico City around 20.00. Aeromexico told me that the notification must be a mistake because they see no changes in their system and all flights are according to original reservation. As proof, they even sent me a copy of electronic ticket, which really showed all the correct departure times. Also, checking the Aeromexico site, there was no indication of any delay. So I forgot all about it until one day before my return flight, when I got a Trip Reminder e-mail stating again that the return flight was now at 08:40 on the 15th instead of 23:15 of the 14th. I again contacted Aeromexico, this time in Mexico, and again they confirmed that everything was according to original reservations and they had no information about any delay. After using Aeromexico's online check-in system and receiving electronic boarding passes with the correct time stamped on them, I felt somehow reassured. My mistake. When I arrived at the airport to check-in my luggage I was informed that due to "unscheduled maintenance" the flight would be delayed by 10 hours. Unscheduled Maintenance? Really? Either Aeromexico's computer system is totally screwed up and they have no idea of what is happening with their schedules, or they simply are lying to their passengers to avoid having to transfer tickets to other airlines. Whatever it is, it is totally unacceptable!

Aeroméxico Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Jacques Passy    (Mexico)

I had two flights with them in business class, MEX-MAD and LHR-MEX. The Madrid flight was in a 777 and the London - Mexico flight was in a new 787. Completely different experience. They have substantially improved their food offering, but now the crews have an excellent attitude in the way they treat the clients. The seat in the 777 is outdated as is the entertainment system, but the 787 flat bed seat is a great quality seat. I can never sleep on planes, and when I went up to the galley for a snack, I found the cabin crew to be very friendly.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  28 October 2014 by C Calvert    (USA)

I read all the bad reviews and decided to take a chance anyway. I had three tickets to Mexico from two different places. On all three tickets and on two separate occasions, they changed the flights and added a ten hour layover. They said that they would fix it by asking me to leave a day later. I booked through Expedia and they would not help. I was on the phone with Expedia and Aeromexico for at least two hours. They did offer a refund but by this time all the fares were at least $250 more. I had to cancel all three tickets and rebuy on other airlines at an extra cost of $750! Their schedules mean absolutely nothing - and certainly don't book on anything that requires a connection.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  23 October 2014 by F Vedrenne    (Canada)

Due to past experiences, I was weary to pick AM on this YUL-MEX-YUL flight, nevertheless this time they surprised me and exceeded my expectations on both sectors. Both flights were on the newer 737-800s. I was upgraded on the outbound flight. Seats were the standard for medium haul, although, getting off the seat to walk can be cumbersome for those on the window seats. Meals were OK. Purser was courteous but distant. Inbound flight is a redeye. Service and meals were really good seats new and comfortable, the one problem is that Montreal flights have a dedicated check in area, and there were only two staff members working the flight, so it took a while to check in. New 737s are really modern with PTVs and sky interiors. I don't know if this experience is enough to say that they have really improved.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Joyce Fay    (USA)

Was extremely pleased with the level of friendly professional service we received on two flight segments from Cincinnati, OH to Cancun Mexico a few weeks ago. The stewardesses on every one of the four flights were so helpful and willing to please that I was taken back, due to the fact that of late stewardesses, in general, have carried an air of arrogant indifference. The planes were very clean. The schedule was adhered to.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  13 October 2014 by I Tzurieger    (USA)

During the 3hrs and 20min flight from Mexico City to Tijuana Aeromexico created a very pleasant experience reminiscent of the golden age of flight. The crew was young and attentive, professional and bilingual. The aircraft was a wonderfully well kept 737-800 with a state of the art entertainment system. Complementary snacks and drinks including alcohol were served twice during the journey. Landing was on time and arrival at the gate was relatively quick. I would definitely fly with them again.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  6 October 2014 by M Chavez    (USA)

I was pretty excited to once again fly the Dreamliner, especially on the direct NRT-MEX in Biz. The cabin itself is nothing out of the ordinary for business class. It is a 2-2-2 configuration typical on 787s. Enough room to stretch out and sleep, if needed. What disappointed me, though, was the service. You would expect for paying what I paid for that seat, they would have been more attentive. The only times the flight attendants came around to attend to us was when serving dinner, serving breakfast and once to bring us a bottle of water. Other than that, they stayed in their areas chatting the entire flight. I was traveling with a family member and we stood up to stretch and order a beer. Well, after they had served us each two they said they were out of beers. Really? Overall, the only thing this flight had going for it is that it is the Dreamliner and it is direct from NRT to MEX. if you don't mind a stopover, I recommend flying to SAN on JAL's Dreamliner and transferring there or maybe to LAX on SQ's 380 and transferring there. Aeromexico needs to step up its service game if it hopes to compete with the Asian carriers.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  1 October 2014 by I Brenes    (USA)

Flew LAX to MEX (AM649) on a 737-800. Paid $30 extra for AM Plus seats on row #7. Boarding at LAX was a bit of a mess because AeroMexico boards every window seat first, then every middle seat, aisle seat, etc. Airplane was clean, and my AM Plus seat had a few more inches of extra leg room. Take-off was smooth and the flight was good. A few hours into the flight breakfast and coffee were served. I did not partake because I was asleep (a special thank you to the flight attendant for not waking me up). Flight attendants were courteous, respectful, and polite. We arrived in MEX about 30 minutes ahead of schedule. Several days later I flew MEX to LAX (AM648) on a brand new 737-800. Once again sat on AM Plus row #7. Beautiful brand new leather seats with a personal TV screens. Every AM Plus seat was tastefully decorated with pillows, blankets, and headphones. A croissant sandwich, peanuts, chocolate pudding and drinks were served. Flight was smooth and arrived on time at LAX. Very nice flight attendants. Will fly again.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  29 September 2014 by C Hoover    (USA)

AM633 on 21 August, SAT-MEX and AM632 on August 25, MEX-SAT. Short trip from SAT to MEX and return on Embraer jet. First time on AM and it was a terrific experience, crew were efficient, aircraft clean and very well maintained. Snack service was tasty with fresh choices and excellent bar service. I will gladly take AM again as my travel plans permit.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Altabef Isaac    (USA)

We fly Aeromexico, JFK to Cancun. We use them whenever we can. The reasons are many but here are some. The crew are very accommodating and always courteous. We enjoy having food to eat. If there is an empty seat after takeoff we were allowed to move. The plane was new.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Emanoel Souza    (USA)

Been flying AM 429, Monday morning flight for about 3 months now and returning on Thursdays flight 422. Very friendly and professional service, airplanes are modern and with more leg room than most.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Maria Vega    (USA)

NY to MX City to GDL - My flight was delayed 2 hours in NY but arrived on time to MX City to catch the connecting flight to GDL. However received an email telling me of the 2 hour delay and my flight back to NY was cancelled. Called the airline and was told the cancellation was a mistake. When time to fly back to NY as scheduled I show up a the airport to be told my flight was cancelled! They could only offer me to fly out by 1am from Mx City to NY or rebook my flight for the next day. Booked the flight for following day and again my flight from GDL to MX City was delayed which made me lose my flight from MX City to NY and had to wait 9 hours until 1am to take the next flight back to NY from MX City. Plus Mx City Airport need to increase their WiFi Service. I was stuck for 9 hours totally bored with no WiFi good service. I was so disappointed because I had liked AeroMexico before and never had problems but this time I noticed their great service has declined. The only thing I thank them for is the food vouchers I got to get free food from any vendor at the airport. However, delaying your flight makes a big difference in your entire day and getting home terribly tired with no sleep.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  9 August 2014 by E Cuevas    (USA)

Flight #128. Mexico City to Guadalajara. 7/26/14. When we arrived, we were told the flight was oversold. Our seats had us next to each other on our original boarding passes, we were separated because someone decided to fly a smaller plane. Our original tickets were for placement on a larger airplane. We boarded the plane. We waited on the runway for almost 2 hours. Every time someone needed to use the restroom they were told to sit down. Nothing was offered during this time. Finally the captain came on and said we had to return to the gate. He said we couldn't take off because of a maintenance issue. We got off the plane got our luggage and were told were told to go to the ticket counter. At the ticket counter we waited for another 2 hours. We asked if staff could at least provide some water and they said no they didn't have any. Unacceptable. We waited another hour until we were finally given a new connecting flight, some food vouchers and a hotel room that we napped in for only 2 hours before we had to be back for the morning flight. I do not recommend flying with them.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  23 July 2014 by J Hopkins    (Mexico)

My father and I flew from Lima to Mexico City on the 767-300ER. When we were checking in, the agent told us that the flight was delayed 50 minutes. We passed security and went to the business lounge until 1.45am - the time we were told to board. We made it to our seats only to wait 5 minutes and they told us there would be a delay of 3 hours, so we didn't board until 4.30am. We went to our seats 1A and 1B. The width of the seats was uncomfortable, but they do recline almost 180°. Service was awful. They only served the food, no drinks offered and food was either salad or chicken. No AVOD and even not a movie during the 6 hour flight, the TV was shared. We arrived delayed in Mexico City. Overall, I do not recommend business class, it is not worth the price.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Brambila Andrea    (USA)

My husband and I flew to Mexico City and then to Manzanillo. Staff were friendly and helpful. We encountered no problems with this airline. Our flights ran on schedule and our luggage was not lost. On the return trip I was missing a form at the time of boarding, staff quickly helped me fill it out and held the plane for me to run back to the boarding gate. We will use this airline again. We feel like we received good service for the price of our ticket.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Jill Reisinger    (USA)

My children used the unaccompanied minors service from ORD-MEX-VER. I was very nervous as were they. They had never flown before plus being alone they were scared. None the less they had a great flights. Their layover in Mexico City was fun they said. They were taken to a game room that was a restricted area for unaccompanied minors only where they were supervised and played video games and watched movies. My children said everyone they encountered with AeroMexico were helpful and friendly. No problems at all with delays, baggage etc... I will use this airline again. My children will be flying annually to Mexico to visit their father.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Marcel Gonzalez    (Switzerland)

Paris to Mexico City. The staff at the airport in both airports (Mexico / Paris) were friendly and helpful. The plane is a new B787 Dreamliner with pretty modern installation. The food was served very good and the entertainment was for a long 12h flight very amused. I will prefer Aeromexico for future flights from Europe to Mexico or to Central / South America.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Jeff Berry    (USA)

Today, I was scheduled to fly from Mexico City to LAX, but I was connecting from another city. Aeromexico screwed up the connection, so I missed my leg to LAX. Instead of simply rebooking me on a later flight (of which there were three), they wanted to reticket me and charge me the then rate, which was $650 more than I had originally paid. Seriously? You want me to pay $650 for your mistake. Worse, when I said I'd fly Alaska instead, they didn't care - but refused to refund me my original money for the MEX to LAX leg. This is the second such instance with this airline. Two years ago, I was making the same trip and also was not able to complete the leg from MEX to LAX. They said there was "weather problems" in LA. (My family was at the airport in LA at the time and said it was clear as day and gorgeous weather). So they cancelled my flight to LAX, and I was told I couldn't get on another flight until the next day. They made me pay for my hotel room at the Mexico City airport because it was a weather delay (which it wasn't) and was beyond their control. Worse, I had purchased an upgrade to First Class earlier in the day (before the flight was cancelled), and when the First Class cabin was not available on the flight the next day, they wouldn't refund my First Class upgrade cost even though they were going to put me in Coach. So, when I got home, I filed suit in Small Claims Court and I won the cost of the hotel and the First Class upgrade cost.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  5 May 2014 by Georgios Vrontos    (Greece)

MEX-PVR-MEX-CUN on EMB190, B737-700 and B737-800. EMB190 and B737-800 were new and great, B737-700 was old but well kept. First row on economy is great with plenty of leg room. All flights were on time and service was good. They offer only refreshments and alcoholic drinks. Attendants were nice and speak English perfectly. Terminal 2 at MEX is modern and great. Luggage drop and security was very fast. On B737-700 and -800 there was full IFE service with more than 10 movies.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Nicola Origgi    (México)

LIM-MEX-LIM, Business Class (Clase Premiere), in April was a perfect example on how Aeromexico has come to represent an inconsistent product. Plane is an oldish 737 without personal IFE, but it was just fine in both legs. Seat Ok and amenity kit, that Aeromexico now handles only on overnight flight, with some space for improvement even though it was delivered with a really nice IPAD case. As far as service is concerned, a huge difference between the MEX-LIM and the LIM-MEX leg. On the first leg, it was outstanding with a professional, warm and polite flight attendant. Good food and good selection of drinks. On the way back, flights attendants did not even bother to greet passengers and performed their job mechanically and without interest. What a difference! What a lack of consistency in the product delivered by Aeromexico. A 3/10 would be a perfect grade to describe this last experience.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  3 April 2014 by J Gonzalez    (USA)

We flew back Feb 22 towards our destination which was Los Angeles from Guadalajara Mexico on flight 784. We were told there was haze over LA and we needed to land in Tijuana Mexico to re-fuel and allow it to clear up. After sitting in the plane at Tijuana for 1 hr they told us the plane was no longer going to fly to LA so we could get off and figure things on our own or fly back to Guadalajara and be on standby for flights back. We were supposed to arrive in LA at 9.45, it is now close to midnight and we're stuck in TJ. The flight attendants did not try to accommodate us while waiting. They sat in the back on their phones. We waiting for at least 45 min before we were allowed off the plane then waited an additional hour for our luggage. At the airport there was no help and no assistance. We actually had to have family drive 4 hours to pick us up and I have 2 small children with me.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  12 March 2014 by A Anne    (USA)

JFK-MEX-ZIH and return. JFK-MEX on the red eye was completed on an older model 737 with no inflight entertainment (presumably due to the timing of the flight - depart 12.15am, arrive 4.40am) but we were served a very nice hot sandwich shortly after takeoff. MEX-JFK return on a brand-new 737 - great plane, excellent inflight entertainment and again a nice hot meal. The ZIH-MEX connection was slightly delayed but we were assured that a significant amount of passengers on the flight were connecting to the JFK flight. Sure enough, about 18 of us were greeted by an agent upon deplaning in MEX and were escorted as a group to the JFK gate, which was in the process of boarding. Excellent service throughout by both ground and cabin crews. Would not hesitate to recommend Aeromexico in the future.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  4 March 2014 by B Yoani    (Peru)

LIM-MEX-ORD economy round-trip. My only complaints are: 1) They forgot my vegetarian meal on LIM-MEX leg. The flight attendant brushed me off and just left without even asking if I wanted a drink or a regular meal. Never bothered to check, and never came back. 2) They sold me a flight that had a 1.5 hours layover in Mexico City, I wasn't aware of the whole customs-immigration-checking my bags again at MEX airport. If they know of this whole ordeal, why would they sell flights with such short layovers? Food and service: Most staff were pleasant. The food was pretty decent and free drinks, even alcoholic ones. The flight didn't have individual screens, so there's only one movie option. They did have radio and gave headphones, a pillow, and a blanket. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience. As a side note, if you have a connection through Mexico airport and are pressed for time, make sure you ask the personnel if you can't find something as its lacking some signs. The conveyor belt for my flight was in a separate room than most of the belts, had I not asked someone, I probably would've waited in vain.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Adriana Luna    (USA)

Flight 636 on Sunday 2-23-14 (MEX to ATL). In Mexico City they wanted to weight my purse and wanted me to pay 2 kilos extra. Why do I have to pay if my belongings were under my seat? They don't accept dollars just pesos. I have never travelled on an airline that would weigh my carry on luggage or personal purse. The customer service reps at the airport in Mexico City were rude. Flight attendants were nice and helpful. I will never travel with Aeromexico.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  18 February 2014 by D Thorger    (USA)

ATL-GRU via MEX. Thought I'd found a good value on a business class ticket that would let me earn skymiles. Wrong! I flew in business both ways, but only got skymiles one direction because of the "class of service". (The leg where I got stuck in the middle seat is the one I earned miles on.) "Middle seat in business class" you might be saying? Why yes. Not the seat I reserved when I booked, but the seating chart at that time didn't even show a middle seat. Would not recommend, don't plan to fly again myself.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  24 January 2014 by Saxena Abhinav    (USA)

I booked my trip to Santiago de Chile from San Francisco with AM just because they were skyteam partners. The inflight service was great. I was allowed to priority board with my delta silver status. I even got access to skyteam lounge in Santiago without asking. Food was a bit of a let down, especially since I requested a vegetarian meal. Other than that the entertainment was good, not hundreds of choices but I found the selection of movies and programs fresh and entertaining. All four legs of the flight were on time, and staff were very helpful. Even though I didn't know any Spanish, I was able to communicate, which is often a problem. Overall be it luck or their usual code of conduct, I had a great experience with AM and would recommend to any one. Economical and comfortable, despite a 16 hour trip.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Simon Tang    (Hong Kong)

Los Angeles - Mexico City - Cancun / Merida - Mexico City - Guadalajara - Culiacan - Los Angeles. Staff not terribly helpful. I was initially booked on Los Angeles to Mexico City via Hermosillo with only a 45 minutes connection in Hermosillo. Was told by the staff at check-in they were not sure if that is sufficient time for me to make the connection but they would not change my flights because that's the way the ticket had been issued. In the end, they changed it because the Los Angeles to Hermosillo flight was overbooked. Guadalajara to Culiacan departure was late, so along with a couple of passengers, we missed the Culiacan to Los Angeles flight. All the announcements for the late departure from Guadalajara was only in Spanish, though when asked, one of the flight attendants would occasionally kept me updated. Passengers were given the option of flying via Mexico City arriving about 12 hours later or to continue on to Tijuana and making our own way to Los Angeles at our own expense. Check in was very slow on all flights. Seems that for most of the departures in Mexico, there is a system for printing your boarding passes at the machines in the airport, but even then the queue for bag drop itself is at least 1 hour long, including in Mexico City. The domestic lounge in Mexico City was reasonable. Hot food station (soup) was manned by staff. Was not particularly impressed by how the waiting staff asked for tips twice (once before serving the soup and once after serving the soup at the counter) when all they are doing is their job.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Peter Huurman    (Netherlands)

Flew the new 787 in business class from Paris to Mexico city on Dec 19th. Flight attendant refused to speak English. Served dinner about 45 minutes later than in economy class, meal was lukewarm. Exactly 5 minutes later she showed up again, noticed that I was still eating and asked me if I was done. The reason became clear right after desert was served. On this 12 hour flight there is only service in the first 2.5 hours and in the 90 minutes before landing. 8 full hours there is no flight attendant, no drinks no snacks. They expect you to sleep and not bother the flight crew. If you can't sleep it will be a long flight. Entertainment is very limited. Movies in the section new, are at least a year old. You have about 10 to choose from. Watching out of the window is prohibited by AeroMexico. The windows will be darkened 15 minutes after take off until 5 minutes before touchdown. Service was better in economy class on this flight. Expect AeroMexico business class at the level of "Premium economy class" on any other skyteam airline. For sure not worth the extra money.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Luz Ramos    (USA)

GDL to LAX. It was a very pleasant flight for many reasons. Staff were very friendly and willing to help with any question. The food served was good for a 3 hour flight. They served yoghurt with cookies and fruit. There was inflight entertainment but no option, all that there was available is what they played. Overall I really liked this airline and am willing to fly with them in the future.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  2 January 2014 by A Nathaniel    (USA)

I had an excellent flight from MEX to JFK on New Year's Day on one of their new 787s. Check-in staff was helpful and well-organized. We boarded and left on time. Cabin staff was professional and friendly; the breakfast frittata was great and there was a variety of movies to choose from during the flight. They even offered wine in Economy Class. The 787 is a great plane and flying in this plane was a great experience. We arrived at JFK 30 minutes early.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  2 January 2014 by A Nathaniel    (USA)

I had a positive experience with Aeromexico from JFK to MEX via Cancun on Christmas. JFK check-in was efficient, with no extra fees for checking a bag. They also served complimentary breakfast, which was a decent omelette. Cabin staff was friendly and professional. We left and arrived on time. I had a 3-hour layover before taking a flight to Toluca (at a bargain fare) and asked Cancun check-in staff if I could change that leg of the trip to MEX. I was switched to an earlier CUN-MEX flight at no extra charge. The aircraft from CUN to MEX was brand new and spotlessly clean. We left and arrived on time.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  9 December 2013 by L Cassady    (Mexico)

Oaxaca / Mexico City / SFO. After my last traumatic experience with AeroMexico I am not looking forward to my next trip next week. This really is the last time I will fly with them - going to pay more for United flights that go through Houston. It was amazing to read some of the reviews below that mirrored my experience. I missed a $150 flight and had to pay $600 to rebook! No sympathy. I was there at the gate 2 hours early, so it wasn't that I was late. I hadn't got my passport stamped by immigration because I didn't see the table, and even though I was told I had time to go get it stamped, and I ran, they closed the gate and I missed the flight. All the employees I dealt with were very cold and even seemed to take pleasure that I had missed my flight and had to buy a new ticket. There are so many bad reviews here that I hope others will refrain from using this airline until they adopt a more user friendly attitude.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Christian Sagstetter    (USA)

ATL-MEX-ATL, in addition to my earlier review I want to add the 2nd part of worst experience I had. Redeeming my skymiles I booked ATL-MEX a new ticket as Aeromexico was not willing to rebook me. At the end of my business trip in MEX I tried to check in for my return flight but I learnt that they have an internal policy that if you are not on your first flight they cancel your booking for the second flight. To get home I had to buy another ticket. The SkyTeam should really choose their codeshare partners more wisely. Never again.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Christian Sagstetter    (USA)

ATL-MEX, this was the worst experience I have ever had with an airline. I was on time (1.30pm for a 3pm flight) at the check in counter and was sent to another counter, Delta. When I was turned away there as well and sent back my flight had been closed for 5 minutes and nobody could help to get me on or even rebook me to the next available flight. After being stuck at the terminal for over 5 hours hanging on the phone with travel agent and Aeromexico I had to leave home again. I was told to go the next day to the check in counter where I again was told to pay a penalty to get rebooked. I redeemed my skymiles and booked another ticket.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  27 November 2013 by David Alexander    (USA)

I had a great experience with Aeromexico on a round trip from Las Vegas to Guadalajara. The aircraft was very clean. The loading process was efficient and quick. The flight attendants were very professional and all were bi- lingual. The entire staff of Aeromexico were pleasant and concerned with customer satisfaction.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Francesca Jones    (UK)

Flew London to Mexico City, no entertainment on 12.5 flight! Very uncomfortable, no footrests and not a lot of space. Staff on the way back were rude and impertinent, when I asked for a 3rd glass of wine (thimble sized) we were curtly told that we would not be served drinks for 9 hours and that you're only allowed 1 or 2 drinks, which is new to me. Staff seemed reluctant to do any work and viewed it more of an inconvenience than their actual livelihood. My seat didn't recline so spent 10 hours on an overnight upright. Food was rubbish as well.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  11 November 2013 by A Mayorga    (Mexico)

MTY to CUN via MEX. MTY to MEX flight was delayed and they didn't do anything about it so I missed my connection to CUN then customer service gave me the run around and tried to charge me MXN$300 to put me on waiting lists for flights they clearly knew were oversold. Aeromexico left me stranded in the airport overnight and couldn't be bothered to offer board and a meal. Hadn't it been for my helpful travel agency I might as well been left there for 3 days until my returning flight to MTY. MEX to MTY was delayed as well as apparently the crew was stuck in TIJ. I'll never fly Aeromexico again.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  24 October 2013 by H Harwood    (Mexico)

Horrible experience with missed connection. My arrival in Mexico City gave me 1.5 hours to catch my connection to Merida. Our flight was on time so I expected to be ok - but quickly saw that I had a long wait in Customs. It took over an hour to get through that line-up. Carried my bag as fast as I could up to the area where connecting flights were to drop bags off - and to another line-up. The rep working there told me it was too late to catch my flight to Merida. It hadn't left but doors were closed. She told me to go and get a new flight across the hall. When I arrived there, the rep told me that I must buy a new ticket. I was shocked. No other airline has ever made me pay for a new connection when I have been held up in a Customs line-up. Even the supervisor on shift would not bend. I could not believe this airline would treat a customer so badly. I had run as fast as possible between customs and baggage check-in - only to be told by the unfriendly agent that "1.5 hours is enough time" to catch my flight. So I paid for a new ticket - no choice! What stung even more was the feeling that AeroMexico just didn't care what happened to their customer, arriving alone in a strange city. Never again.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Chacon Santiahp    (Mexico)

MEX to CDG in a 767-200 that was at least 25 years old. The business class seat was not working well and there were no in-seat monitors. The service attitude was not pleasant. The stewardess greeting people at the door were not even smiling. Overall poor quality, especially considering that the price paid was the same as the price of an Air France flight, which I took on the way back and was incomparable.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  23 October 2013 by E Geefay    (USA)

Tonight I went to the airport to board my flight from SFO to Cancun. I got there in plenty of time and had 2 bags to check. Their website clearly states that the first bag is free and the second bag is 50 dollars. When I got to the ticket counter the agent told me that the flight was fully booked and they were only accepting passengers with one piece of luggage. They were not accepting a second bag even if you wanted to pay. I asked them what I could do and they said I could board the flight but only if I left one bag behind. Forcing passengers with more than one luggage to give up their seats on an overbooked flight so they could solve their over booked flight without any compensation. If you ever take Aeromexico, don't assume you can just pay for an extra bag. You can take 2 bags but you may have to either leave one behind or get moved to another flight. I let them move me to a flight the next day. I had to take all my luggage back home, lugging it up the stairs because the escalators weren't working. No More Aeromexico for me.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  21 October 2013 by C Herrera    (USA)

LAX to MX City was ok, but seat old and lumpy. First trip to Mexico and employees could have been more welcoming. Mother, 71, not feeling too good had to make several pit stops as we were misdirected twice to our gate, but we still made it 20 minutes before flight time. Not good enough, gate was closed and we were sent away. We stopped at what was supposed to be Customer Service in time to hear another couple being harshly criticized for not being at the gate an hour before flight time and forced to buy new tickets to get to Cancun. My mother was so upset and didn't want me to have to buy more tickets but they knew I had no choice. This was the start of our trip and they knew it! On our return flight people were walking onto the plane minutes before the doors closed and the engines started.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Alejandro Moreno    (Colombia)

BOG-MEX, MEX-CUN, CUN-MEX, MEX-GDL, GDL-MEX, MEX-BOG. I booked a multi-city including 2 international flights and several domestic flights, I can say that the only good thing about Aeromexico is their business lounge. Onboard the aircraft its a complete nightmare, service is the worst I have had, seats are dated and not comfortable, inflight entertainment is poor, and food is awful. I would strongly advise against flying with them.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  26 September 2013 by S Patrick    (Austria)

Mexico City to Cancun in Business Class. Lounge in T2 is ok. Flight attendant wasn't very friendly. Only drinks and no food served on the 2.15 hr flight to Cancun. Very poor service. Seat was ok. No entertainment.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Kari Finnegan    (USA)

My husband and I were so excited for our honeymoon. We left LAX on July 21, 2013, destination ZLO. The way there wasn't too bad. On our trip back on Aug 3rd we had a 5 hour layover in Mexico City. Numerous flights were cancelled throughout the day, and we ended up staying at the airport for over 12 hours until the cancelled everything altogether. We were put up in a hotel nearby, which had a 1.5 hour wait to check in, due to everyone else's flight being cancelled. We slept for 2 hours and had our departure to LAX early AM. We finally arrived in LAX and Aeromexico lost my husbands baggage. All we wanted to do was go home, and we were stuck waiting for an Aeromexico staff for at least an hour so we could give them our contact information and leave. That was the worst trip back ever.

1 2 3 4