Aeroméxico Passenger Reviews and Aeromexico Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4

Aeroméxico customer review :  14 June 2011 by G Diaz (Philippines)

Mexico City to Narita thru Tijuana. At check-in, I requested for check-thru for my baggage but the man in the counter said it is not possible. I got alarmed when my other colleagues (we were in a group reservation) baggage were checked-thru. I had to recall from baggage and made to baggage drop for check-thru to Manila via Narita. Mexico City to Tijuana leg, we were assigned a seat number - 14E which did not exist. So they found us seats on row 22. When we reached Tijuana, we stayed on board and we asked if we needed to change seats as we were given boarding pass with different seat assignments. Again, I was assigned seat 12A which still does not exist in the plane. We were made to sit in other seats and we had to bring our blankets and earphones because they do not issue fresh ones. We had connecting flights in Narita for our trip to Manila. When we got to Manila, our baggage did not come with us. For 2 days we tracked our delayed baggage and learned they were not loaded apparently when we left Mexico.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  9 June 2011 by A Maza (USA)

We were traveling to San Luis Potosi from Phoenix. Check in took 1.5 hours, we got 5 seats two or 3 rows separated from each other (3 kids, 4,7 and 10). We relied on the kindness of people on the plane to get all the seats together. For delays we lost the connection flight to SLP in Mexico City, and we got a flight next day (18 hours later from our original). I asked for compensation for the hotel expenses, We got nothing, but the worst is that at the next day We just find out that local passengers got hotel expenses, and we were international. I am going to use this airline.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  30 May 2011 by Claude Baudoin (USA)

A comedy of errors! Two days after the switchover to the SABRE reservation system, check-in was still delayed a lot because they never trained their staff on the new system! My SAT-MEX flight left and arrived two hours late. There was no announcement of the cause for the delay. It took the agents about 10 minutes to check a passenger. As passengers finally trickled to the gate, there was no agent and no sign confirming that this was an Aeromexico departure gate - and there was no plane. On the return May 29, things were still a bit slow, that's when the agent told me that she had arrived at work on May 22 to find totally new screens on which she had received no training. The system also told them (on May 29) that I hadn't paid, when in fact it was a prepaid Expedia ticket. Apparently, they had changed the flight number right as they were switching systems, and my reservation was not transferred correctly. After my flight boarded, they announced that the co-pilot hadn't arrived! Hence a half-hour delay. Totally amateurish performance throughout by this airline, which I will try to avoid flying.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  20 May 2011 by Isidro Bustillos (USA)

MIA-MEX roundtrip on Boeing 737-800 both legs. Crew professional offering drinks and refills. Hot breakfast on morning flight and full meal on afternoon flight back. I was offered a headset and newspapers. Both flights on time.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  15 May 2011 by T Cannell (UK)

LHR-CDG-MEX-MZT. Last leg AeroMexico MEX-MZT, ground staff in MEX unhelpful, checked in as soon as possible and still couldn't get us seats together (only two of us) for any of our connections. Trying to submit comments to their customer service afterwards gets you no where except repeated automated messages and there is no customer service number you can reach from the UK. I would never fly them again if there was an alternative.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  12 May 2011 by J Campos (USA)

AGU-MEX-JFK, E170/B737-800 in economy plus. Aeromexico had the lowest walk-up fare and still acceptable connection in Mexico City. Onboard service professional, occasionally smiling, and frequently offering beverages. T2 Terminal in MEX is comfortable and acceptable eating and other amenities. MEX-JFK a hot meal and beverages, incl alcohol, and newspapers/magazines. FAs were curt. The only downside to AM is that they are rarely competitive on fares relative to American Airlines, CO and US on advance purchases.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  5 May 2011 by V Martinez (USA)

MIA-MEX on Boeing 737 and MEX-DGO on Embraer 190. Clean, modern aircraft. Served breakfast and drinks by friendly flight crew. Flights on time and terminal 2 in Mexico city airport out is amazing.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  26 April 2011 by A Nguyen (USA)

When I called the customer service representative to voice my displeasure with my flight, the representative was rude while speaking and even hung up on me. He offered no help and even attempted to mock me. As beautiful as Cancun was, I would never go back if my only option was to fly AeroMexico. Cheap flights means cheap service and even worse customer assistance.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  20 March 2011 by A Hailey (USA)

SJO-SAT. Supposed to leave SJO and be home by 3:30pm on Saturday. Did not arrive home until Monday at 3.30 pm. This airline was a joke. The first day they had us wait in the airport for 12 hours only to tell us we wouldn't be able to leave. The next day our flight was delayed due to a flight attendant not having correct documentation to leave the country. Due to the delay half the flight missed their connections in Mexico City causing another overnight stay. We were never offered a refund for the flight or any inconvenience it caused.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  15 March 2011 by L Howon (USA)

Had difficulty finding anyone that spoke understandable English. Luggage didn't make a flight in Mexico City, then was delivered to hotel in Cancun. All luggage from group of 10 traveling the same route had been completely ransacked, with items stolen. On return trip, Aeromexico customer service was a joke and did not tell me I should check an item in Cancun that was too large to fit in luggage. Flight attendant helped place it during the first flight. It was then confiscated in Mexico City due to different security standards there. Mexico City airport was also a nightmare.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  9 February 2011 by A Telman (Kazakhstan)

IAH-MEX-IAH economy. First leg on B738 and E190 on the way back. Comfortable flights given that I had cheapest economy ticket and got seated in premium seat in the front of the aircraft on an outbound flight. Some breakfast items on quite a short flights were a nice touch and crew were friendly. Good value for money.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  9 February 2011 by Juan Patron   (Mexico)

SFO-MEX direct flight, departed on time. Business class seat were very uncomfortable. A red eye flight, but cant sleep due to the seat type.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  30 January 2011 by Ruben Gilibert   (Spain)

Mexico-Lima flight was really bad and service terribles. They serve you just a meal and after the crew disappear - no movies and music program was not working well. Boeing 737-800 and for six hour flight is a narrow plane.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  19 January 2011 by Amanda Alderete   (USA)

Flight was switch around twice. First was delay the flight 7 hrs, then the early fight I had at 7am was pushed back 3hrs with no phone call. Communication is important and so is time. The flight you book is tentative so don't be surprised if you book a flight and end up with a flight at a different time.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  11 January 2011 by Shivani Maitra   (UK)

Flew Aeromexico five times during a recent trip to Cuba and Mexico. All five flights had significant delays with complete abdication of responsibility by airline staff who lied to and misled passengers. flight from Havana to Mexico City was delayed by 24 hrs with the ground staff in Havana clueless on the reason for the delay for the first four hours. Shabby treatment of all passengers the next day with no water or food. Flight back to Mexico City was 2hr s45min - and we were served peanuts. Crew unfriendly, do not like to smile.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  25 November 2010 by B Lakin   (UK)

Cancun to Mexico City Business Class. Flight slightly delayed but compensated for by being able to check luggage to onward British Airways flight to London. Crew attentive and professional. Cold lunch very average. Easy to get to Terminal 1 using the air train, and despite the information on Mexico City Airport website there were plenty of people with more than just hand luggage - they do check your e-ticket though (didn't need boarding card).

AEROMEXICO customer review :  13 October 2010 by B Fallopian   (UK)

Mexico City - Cancun return. Clean, modern 737 aircraft that departed on time, professional bi-lingual flight attendants. Inflight service consisted of just a drink service (with free booze) and a pack of peanuts. Their terminal 2 at Mexico City is a beautiful modern facility. Its just a shame they don't offer online check in or self service check in.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  27 June 2010 by C Scherfenberg   (USA)

LAX-Acapulco via MEX. We booked via Delta so expected to pay for baggage and have no meals. But, Aeromexico baggage still free and nice meals on long leg of trip both ways. Drink and snack on 35 minute Acapulco-MEX leg. Staff were charming and helpful. We had a delay leaving Acapulco and the agent who checked us in for the flight came and told us that the flight was delayed leaving Mexico City. He had rebooked our flight to LAX and changed our baggage claim tags. We both had first class seats assigned. Unfortunately, we both found the new first class seat design on the 737-800 torturous. The headrest appears to have been designed for crash test dummies. We had been much more comfortable in our coach seats.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  27 June 2010 by Aaron O'Brien   (Ireland)

CDG-MEX-PVR and PVR-MEX. I was disappointed by the service from Cabin crew. On previous trips crew were friendly and talked to passenger. CDG-PVR leg operated by a reconfigured 767 with expanded Business class cabin. Flew economy - seat was ok but with no foot-rest. MEX-PVR-MEX operated by EM-145's, they only had one cabin attendant. I had no real issue apart from the fact the crew were not that friendly.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  27 June 2010 by S Anthony   (USA)

LAX to PVR. It's unethical to say the least. AeroMexico had a good selection of non-stop flights from LAX to PVR. Seats were more expensive than connecting flights on the U.S. based airlines. We were willing to pay extra for the non-stop flight. A week before our departure, AeroMexico moved us to an indirect flight connecting through Mexico City. Our only other option was accepting a voucher from AeroMexico and rebooking on another airline at our own expense. Due to the short notice, all flights (even connecting) were two to three times more expensive than they were when we had originally purchased the tickets. The annoyance doesn't end there. In Mexico City, we only had one hour to change planes. Normally this would be easy. We didn't know we had to go through customs. There were hundreds of people already in line. Needless to say, we missed our connection. We waited all day in the airport for another flight that had seats available.

AEROMEXICO customer review :  15 February 2010 by Davide Greco   (Italy)

MEX-LIM. Nice and fast check-in procedures inside the beautiful Aeromexico lounge at new Terminal 2. Flight operated by a freshly re-painted B737-800 - first time I experience an almost 6 hour flight on this kind of plane but the interior was clean and confortable so this was not a big issue. The only problem was that we were at row 12, just before the emergency exit so our seats would not recline for safety reasons: I would have appreciated to be informed about that before the assignment! Meal was served very early (6pm) considering mexican habits but I did not eat so I cannot judge. Crew polite even if not very friendly. We arrived at Lima half an hour ahead of schedule. Overall a positive experience but the price could have been more competitive (we paid EUR 1.000 for two economy tickets).

AEROMEXICO customer review :  1 January 2010 : by Don Elliott   (USA)

All planes were hot and stuffy. But their customer service is completely ridiculous. We had 2 checked bags going from Mexico City to Seattle, they lost one of them. We reported it missing and then called the next day and they said they had no report and couldn't find the package. They gave us numbers to phones where no one would answer and were completely apathetic. Once they finally found the luggage they then shipped it 5 hours away from our home, instead of to the Portland airport which is 15 minutes away. Then they lost the baggage in Yakima! Turns out they shipped it to Canada - still working on getting it back.

1 2 3 4