Aerolineas Argentinas Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  27 August 2014 by B Aldridge (USA)

I flew MIA-EZE-MIA round trip on Aerolineas Argentinas (AeroA), December 24, 2013, returning January 7, 2014. I bought the ticket online, but their website is not set up to allow you to select your seat. So, I called their 800 number in the US. I called for 3 days, several times each day, before someone answered the phone. This agent's English was so bad it took 20 minutes to select my seats. EZE airport check-in at Buenos Aires is chaos. On AeroA, all passengers for the MIA flight stood in a single line to be checked-in for only that flight. The same for other flights. We found this out by asking other passengers what to do, as there were no AeroA employees or announcement boards present. There were long, long lines of passengers snaking through the terminal. Check-in was so slow we were concerned we would miss our flight, even though we arrived 2 hours early. It didn't matter though because our flight was delayed 3 hours on a crystal-clear morning. When we arrived at MIA 3 hours late, the AeroA gate agents had gone home and there was no one to help us with rebooking our connections to Chicago. The planes both ways were run-down and old on the inside. On the way down a ceiling panel rattled the entire 9 hours. The entertainment system did not work either direction. The flight attendants only appeared 4 times in 9 hours: to serve drinks after takeoff, to serve and collect dinner, serve and collect breakfast and hand out immigration and customs forms. My advice: 1) Do not fly Aerolineas Argentinas for any reason, even if you have to change your travel plans to avoid them or pay more on another airline. 2) If you are unlucky enough to use them and have to fly out of Buenos Aires EZE airport, arrive 3 hours early and prepare for the slowest and most disorganized check-in procedure you have ever experienced. 3) If you do not speak Spanish, then you will receive only limited customer service on the phone and their web site is primitive. 4) Prepare yourself for old, tatty airplanes with no working entertainment system and largely-invisible flight attendants.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Sebastian Ireneo (Argentina)

Travelled from Madrid to Buenos Aires in May, as the starting point of my South-American holidays. Reasonable prices and a remarkably good service all along the flight. There was a wide range of food to choose, including delightful Argentinean beef. Check-in was fast and simple and the flight had no delays at all.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  5 June 2014 by J Bacallado (Spain)

Montevideo-Aeroparque-Asunción. I have to say that there is an improvement in the service. Still there are delays and poor customer service on the ground. But on board there are new and comfortable planes, and nice and attentive FA. Connecting in Aeroparque (Buenos Aires city airport) is always fast and easy. First leg delayed, connection on time. Bags arrived at my destination with me.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Destvet Patricio (USA)

I always fly American Airlines first class in my trip JFK-EZE-JFK. I decided to try the business class (club condor) with Aerolineas Argentinas. I regret to says that the business class of American Airlines is much better. The seat at the club condor are ok, not flat bed, but ok. We were welcomed with orange juice, a cheap champagne and candies. The menu says only one appetizer (no choice) and 3 main courses. Two options are for the breakfast time. The whole experience with the catering was horrible. From the presentation, to the quality the food did not respond to a business class. Do not expect to have any cocktails since they only have wine, beer and whisky. The dessert was a piece of rock (ice cream) and we received hard croissant and bread in our breakfast. The returning flight did not even have all three dinner options and the food was horrible as well. I wonder how do they plan to compete with such a horrible presentation. They do not provide you with the custom forms for USA.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  16 April 2014 by Lucas Pio (Brazil)

Even though Aerolineas Argentinas has received too many complaints from customers recently, my flight from Sao Paulo, Brazil to Buenos Aires, Argentina on March 1, 2014 in Premium Economy Class was great and I have no complaints. The flight was on schedule, the flight crew were polite and helpful. Aerolineas Argentinas' premium economy class is the same as most US companies' domestic first class. The seats are J seats, very comfortable and the food in this class was also a great sandwich, yoghurt, and a chocolate muffin. Compared to service in the same route provided by Brazilian companies I have flown, and comparing also the price, Aerolineas Argentinas Premium Economy class is far better in service and mainly in seat comfort!

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  15 April 2014 by B Aldridge (USA)

MIA-EZE and return, Dec. 24 2013 - Jan. 3, 2014. A below-average airline. Their website is so primitive it is impossible to reserve seats. Their toll-free number is not manned 24 hours a day, astonishing. On our plane to Buenos Aires none of the in-flight video worked for the entire flight. There was a loose panel in the ceiling over an aisle and it rattled the whole 9 hours. The food was mediocre, even by airline standards. The flight attendants were businesslike, but disinterested. The plane was only about 1/2 full, but the FA's were often nowhere to be seen. Our flight back was 3 hours late leaving EZE, after a chaotic check-in at the filthy Ezezia airport. At Ezezia, you do not stand in one line for all flights and go to the next available agent. Instead, there are separate lines for each flight, no indication of which line you should stand in and the agents appear when they feel like it. There was no explanation for the delay and no apologies. If you have any other option for flying between the US and Argentina, I would take it.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  11 April 2014 by D Cassius (Netherlands)

Rio to Buenos Aires AEP on 737. Departure delayed by 30min and arrival to AEP slightly behind schedule. Plane in good condition (must say that the new livery looks better than the old one). Sandwich and drink offered during flight. Crew fine. AEP is easy to navigate. Luggage (priority tagged as FB Elite) arrived fairly quickly and first on band. Was dreading flying AR but flight was overall fine. Planning to fly them long haul in C class from Spain in May.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Katie Furlong (Australia)

SYD-EZE on 29/10/2013 and returned EZE-SYD on 22/01/2014. The check-in at Sydney was slow and inefficient. There is no online check-in option for this flight, and no seats are allocated prior to check-in so though you should only need to be there 2/3 hours before for an international flight, I actually was told to get there 4 hours before just to get a decent seat, and even then I queued for nearly an hour to check-in. Boarding was smooth and uneventful. The plane was clean, but old. The in-flight entertainment system is horrendous. Considering this is a 15 hour direct flight, there is no seat-back entertainment system. There is one large monitor at the front of the cabin, and a few smaller ones spaces sporadically. The picture quality is terrible, obviously no option to select subtitles if you are not a Spanish speaker. The movies were the same two films on repeat for the 15 hours. Nothing else. The food was adequate, though the ran out of some food options, leaving my companion to eat vegetarian or nothing else. Obviously the wine is good - it's Argentinean - but the drinks are just served with meals. If you press your call button it is ignored and switched off. I gave up trying to get some water. Breakfast was terrible, none of it was edible. Flying back EZE-SYD was not much better. Check-in was a little easier and fortunately this time I managed to get a window seat. Upon boarding I discovered the plane was not full so I had two seats to myself. The only good thing to happen on this flight. The food was just as bad, the availability or lack thereof, of drinks was the same as before. The toilets were filthy and were obviously not checked or cleaned during the flight. The call-buttons were again, ignored. The entertainment system was the same again, this time they showed two English language films with Spanish subtitles, a slight improvement but still the same on repeat for 15 hours. I would not recommend Aerolineas economy to anyone.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  11 March 2014 by J Gamero (France)

AEP-MDZ, MDZ-AEP in a new embraer. Really satisfied with the service. A small beverage offered, with some 'alfajores' to eat. Nice trip in both ways and both legs on time. Really impressed by improvement of Aerolineas compared with its competitors in Europe. Small entertainment offered, with Argentinean music, videos and TV shows. Fantastic.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  26 February 2014 by E Cook (UK)

AR 2467 from Mendoza to BA on 17/02. Several flights in last 3 weeks. Flights late, no information, staff unhelpful and couldn't even be bothered to clear the cabin. Missed one connection and took three attempts to get anyone to rebook it. Our luggage went without us. Thought Vietnam Airlines were bad, but AA could teach them a thing or two!

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  15 February 2014 by Peter Weber (Switzerland)

I took 3 domestic flights (Aeroparque-Salta, Menodza-Bariloche in Y and Bariloche-Aeroparque in C-Class) with Aerolineas Argentinas in the last 3 weeks. Each flight was leaving and arriving on time, the crew were nice, though not all of the crew members spoke English. The snacks, as well as the drinks offered were rather boring but free of charge. The planes were comfortable enough for the short flights, especially the brand new Embraer of Air Austral with IFE in each seat were great!

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  12 February 2014 by K Minka (Australia)

Took 4 flights in Jan: SYD-EZE - no dramas other than ordinary food and lack of entertainment (a tiny central screen that is off color and barely able to hear the audio on my headphones) on a 15.5 hr flight. EZE-FTE - they changed the airport 8 hours before the flight (from EZE to AEP ), luckily I arrived early and they put me on a bus to the other airport. Delayed 30min. FTE-EZE - delayed 3 hours, apparently because of storms in BA that morning but I had a 1630 flight and they never managed to catch up. EZE-SYD - delayed 16 hours, initially for heavy rain in BA, then they needed fresh crew, then the new crew arrived late, then missed curfew at Sydney airport. We waited at the airport and departure times kept getting pushed back. Missed my domestic connection but was able to rebooked the next day. At least the airport has free Wi-Fi. Staff do not care and were not helpful, will never fly them again!

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  25 January 2014 by H Schneider (Australia)

Flew to Buenos Aires from Sydney in early January and back in late January. The flight from Sydney started with one hour delay and arrived before scheduled time due to fortunate conditions. Inflight entertainment was on a central screen, 2 movies ok. The food was not great but reasonable for economy. I had to change my flight by 2 days going back, Aerolineas made that very expensive for me. The return flight was very poorly organised. Check in was extremely slow with unnecessary delays. Subsequently the take off was delayed 2.5 hours without explanation. The flight itself was uneventful with the aircraft arriving 3.5 hours late. Movies on board were the same as on the flight to BA and were repeated. Meals were minimal. No drinks were offered in between meals.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Kenneth Crider (USA)

On Dec 18th we left Miami at 7 pm for Buenos Aires. Average flight, nothing special. Arrived in Buenos Aires at 5.30 am and went to our assigned gate at the domestic terminal. We were booked on Flight 1880 to Ushuaia that was to leave at 7.45 am (12/19/13) giving 30 hours to catch our 3pm (12/20/13) Antarctic cruise. Fl 1880 was postponed to 8.50, then to 10.30 without explanation. Then told the flight would leave at 3 pm. The flight didn't leave at 3.00, we were then told 8.30pm. What happened at 8.30 pm, the postponed time for the scheduled flight, is something out of a movie. We were never told that the flight was cancelled we were just told the flight would not be taking off. 2 hours later we were transported by bus out to the tarmac to board our plane to Ushuaia. After stopping at Trelow and taking on more passengers we were scheduled to arrive in Ushuaia about 2 am on 12/20. Landed at a small airport. The captain then for the first time announced that we were in El Calafete instead of Ushuaia. In the early morning hours of the 20th we are waiting in an unscheduled airport not knowing when or if we would arrive in Ushuaia. 2 hours later we board a plane and much to our relief we arrived in Ushuaia at 6am. Needless to say we did arrive at our cruise on time but we had one change of clothes to last us a whole 8 day cruise. We were never offered an explanation for the postponed and cancelled flights and then were diverted to a different airport without warning or explanation. We will never travel this Airlines again.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Marlon Kobacker (Australia)

Dramatic improvement - would use them again. They have obviously spent a lot of money over the past 3 years on new planes with in-flight entertainment. Service was friendly and our flights on time (AEP-SCL).

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  7 January 2014 by R Stokes (Colombia)

Aerolineas Argentinas provide the worst customer service that I have received from any airline. One of the internal flights was cancelled due to a strike by airport staff (Puente de Aereo - Buenos Aires). We had to queue for 6 hours to speak to a representative (during a heat wave where the temperature was close to 40 degrees C). When we did finally reach the front of the queue we were offered an alternative flight for 5 days after the original flight date and were not offered any compensation in terms of a snack or alternative accommodation. Their attitude throughout was "it's your problem". On our final flight back to Bogota they changed the flight time from 6.30am to 5.20am around a month before the flight. We turned up 3 hours before the flight as instructed on the ticket only to find no check-in staff present. We waited 1 hour before a single representative turned up and when I asked why staff weren't present to check us in at the time that we were requested to be there I was told "it's very early". This was another example of their attitude towards customers. As a result the flight was delayed by 2 hours. In conclusion the customer service levels at Aerolineas Argentinas is a joke.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  3 January 2014 by A Lafaye (Switzerland)

I was booked on flight AR1893, USH-FTE, 2nd Jan 2014, departing at 13.35. Arrived at the airport at 12.00, facing a long queue due to problems with check in system. Around 45 min prior the flight departure, while still queuing for check in they announced our flight cancelled. They made us wait until 19.00 to tell us that we had to come back tomorrow for more info. We were given no food, not hotel organised. Staff at the airport were arrogant, refusing to speak English to non Spanish speaking customers and uninformative. Never again!

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  31 December 2013 by A Leal (USA)

I was on the inaugural flight to Buenos Aires from JFK and while the service at the airport was great and went through without any hitches, the service on the flight was horrible. The flight attendants had such a bad attitude and passengers flicked on the service light for the entire flight and not once did I see someone respond. They basically served dinner and then left the cabin for the entire time until breakfast. I was dehydrated and not feeling well and wanted some water and didn't see anyone come so being that I was in the window seat, I flicked the service light and after an hour of waiting I finally went to look for someone all the way at the back of the plane and they were all sleeping (it was 7pm). It was such a bad service experience that I will sadly never fly again and recommend that no one else fly either. You have one chance to make an impression and they really blew it with me.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  30 December 2013 by D Couriel (USA)

I traveled to Buenos Aires from Miami on the 8.30am flight on 12/21/13. 5 hour delay, no explanation. The cabin was dirty, pieces of sticky food on the small video screen. Numerous AR employees and ex employees meandering around the business class cabin, socializing with flight attendants and members of the crew, certainly not helping the already poor service they were delivering. Multiple FAA safety violations. Example: people standing while the aircraft was moving, luggage obstructing the pitch during take-off and landing, etc. Service was awful. In addition to leaving 5 hours late, it took them 2-3 hours to serve the first drink. When they finally came by with drinks, I ordered a whisky. The flight attendant explained they did not serve whisky until after lunch, and that that she did not have any whisky in her cart. She did not have the Shiraz wine that they listed on their menu either, so I settled for whichever red wine she could give me. Lunch was mediocre, and immediately after the service all flight attendant disappeared for about 7 hours until they brought the "snack". Not even a glass of water throughout the flight. Finally, while sleeping, the flight attendant woke me up because the back of my seat was "bothering" the passenger behind me, probably because the seat was "defective and reclined too much". The whole point of paying for business class is for the seat.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Peter Castro (USA)

Took seven domestic flights on Aerolineas Argentinas during December 2013. Of the seven, one (Salta to Buenos Aires) was cancelled but postponed as a new flight, the second (from Buenos Aires to Trelew on the same date) was cancelled and the passengers left on the airport overnight for 10 hrs. There were no announcements and the new flight never appeared on the board. We were given a chance of free dinner at a pizza place on the airport but no hotels. We foreigners pay more than twice of what locals pay!

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  20 December 2013 by D Lamberti (USA)

Traveling with my children from NY to Córdoba via Buenos Aires. The NYC-EZE flight was delayed more than 8 hours. Luckily they emailed me before I set off to JFK airport. The problem is that they forgot that we had a connecting flight and did not make any provisions at all. Calling the Call Center to try to find out what to expect once in Ezeiza (stranded for 24 hours with two young kids? sent to a hotel? put in a different flight from the domestic airport?) was total waste of time. They don't even bother to pick up the phone. In summary: only fly Aerolineas Argentinas if no other option is available. They are unreliable, have no customer service whatsoever and will not hesitate to leave you stranded. And never expect an apology.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Denise Goodfellow (Australia)

I flew from Sydney to Buenos Aires and then to Bogota with Aerolineas Argentinas last week, and then returned the same way a few days later. The aircraft appeared very new and I have absolutely no complaints about seats or bathroom or cleanliness. The food was as good as any I have had on Qantas, and the staff were as good or nearly so.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  4 December 2013 by P Smith (USA)

I took three flights in November. Buenos Aires (AEP) to Cordoba, Cordoba to Mendoza, and Mendoza to Buenos Aires (AEP). They were award tickets through Sky Team (Delta) points. I was a little apprehensive after reading the comments here, but in my case the flights all left close to on time and the aircraft were nearly new. Seating was comfortable and space was adequate. On each flight there was a beverage service and small snack box.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  25 November 2013 by S Redfern (UK)

Flew Austral economy from Sao Paulo-Buenos Aires-Mendoza-Santiago. All in EMB190 jets. Only the Mendoza to Santiago flight were on time. Service was ok and the seats were quite comfortable with a good pitch.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8