Aerolineas Argentinas Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  2 June 2011 by Niels Jansen   (Netherlands)

During our holiday in Argentina we were unlucky to have several flights with Aerolineas Argentinas. They are by far the worst airline I have experienced. It is a very poorly run state owned airline acting like a monopolist. Customers are treated like dirt. Staff at check in is rude (Puerto Iguazu was the only exception). Flights are nearly always delayed without any explanation given or sometimes cancelled altogether. Even worse, some of its planes are in very poor condition and seem utterly unsafe. Follow the advice of some Argentinians I met : always avoid them. It is better to spend 24 hours in a bus (they are very comfortable) than 2 hours with Aerolineas.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  23 May 2011 by Dan McGrath   (New Zealand)

The food was basic, but acceptable. Astonished by rudeness of the cabin crew, no service at all, we were not greeted on the aircraft or off. Crew ignored our need for a glass of water, my seat was broken, no film or music for a 4 hour flight.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  15 May 2011 by R Knecht   (USA)

AEP to Calafate, Calafate to Ushuaia: Ushuaia to AEP. I was surprised at the overall quality of the Aerolineas Argentinas operations : online check-in, inflight service from friendly and professional crew and the snacks, including the quick Calafate to Ushuaia hop. The radar went down at Ushuaia and AR sent three bus loads of passengers on a four hour bus ride to Rio Grande through a heavy mountain snow. As the buses arrived in Rio Grande, the Aerolineas Argentinas flight landed, and a completely full flight was airborne for AEP in less than an hour.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  30 April 2011 by Evelyn Vera   (Mexico)

We spent 4 weeks in Argentina and took 5 flights with is airline. In this time, they lost my baggage for two days, cancelled one flight with no previous notice, delayed two times and worst of all, the last airplane we took tried to depart and stop last minute twice due to technical difficulties. We had to wait for 24 hrs for them to fix it and lost our connections to Mexico. The company refused to assist us to solve any problem and kept saying : there's nothing we can do, present your claim on line. I will never flight with Aerolíneas Argentinas again!

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  30 April 2011 by S Sadak   (Portugal)

Aeroparque-Montevideo return , 4 people at the check-in, 2 of them working. The rest doing everything to avoid the customer. Although arriving 2h before departure we almost missed our flight. The queue became so long that locals started fighting with the personnel since they lost their flights due to Aerolineas Argentinas "I dont care attitude". Service onboard is a plastic bag with juice and a fruit-bar. Flight attendants friendly. A country like Argentina does deserve a better airline.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  25 April 2011 by Simon Smith   (UK)

EZE to Santa Cruz. Everything was fine - no queue to check in, flight was on time, decent snack on board, and aircraft reasonably new. So nothing special but nothing to complain about either.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  20 April 2011 by S Roth   (Australia)

Flight suspended in Aukland for 24hrs due to an industrial dispute (they told us it was due to an engineering issue but we found out later this was a lie). Although we were put up in a hotel room it still lost us one day out of 10 of our hard saved visit to relatives. Waited in Auckland airport for 8 hrs before they ferried us out to hotel - dinner at 3am and had to be awake by 8 to go again (we had kids with us). Flight home was delayed again at Argentina (captain turned up 2 hours late).

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  12 April 2011 by Christian Jaensch   (Austria)

MAD-EZE return. On the upper deck on the way to Argentina: service was good, food as well - seat worked and slept nearly the whole flight. On the way back on the much smaller lower deck, flight attendant was somewhat short-sighted and set everyone in wrong seats - we had our laughs. Seat was a bit broken, but found some sleep. Food wasn't so good on the flight back to Europe.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  8 April 2011 by M Peña   (Colombia)

Came To Argentina for vacations. The first flight (Bogota to Buenos Aires) suffered a 12 hour delay, four internal flights in Argentine were all delayed (hours of delay) and the last one (Iguazu to Buenos Aires) was cancelled! They took us to a filthy hotel in Iguazu. With these problems it is not worth to talk about service or food.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  7 April 2011 by Roger Bacon   (New Zealand)

I've flown from Auckland to Sao Paulo and return twice with this airline over the last four years - best thing is the price. Food acceptable - I'm not fussy about food. Staff inclined to be offhand and more interested in socialising among themselves. Announcements very thickly accented English - difficult to comprehend at times. Cabin interior - on my first trip the reading light came away in my hand and the projected movie seemed to have been soaked in bleach before screening. On the second trip there was no film at all with no explanation or apology from the crew. Lateness - first trip OK. Second trip a shocker. Six-hour delay in leaving due to unspecified technical difficulties. On late arrival in Buenos Aires confusion reigned, with passengers asking each other what was going on as most connections had been missed. By a mysterious process (no thanks to the airline's staff) I found myself on a coach with other mystified passengers, thinking we were heading to a hotel for the night (it was very late). Instead, we were taken to another airport and hastily put aboard another plane. I got to Brazil, but landed in the wee small hours and faced an uncomfortable night sleeping on the floor of the terminal. Aerolineas thereby escaped having to foot the bill for hotel rooms.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  4 April 2011 by W Duits   (Netherlands)

AEP-FTE via Ushuaia, check in chaotic, use web check in! New B737-700, nice crew, on both legs drinks and food service (cakes, cereal bar) nice flight, on time arrival. Surprised reading other reviews, or lucky. Price for internal flights quite high.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  30 March 2011 by Marcelo Sierra   (Argentina)

Last minute surprise cancellations and huge delays are routine in Aerolineas Argentinas. My short vacation last long weekend was ruined by this airline. Both flights BUE-COR and return COR-BUE were cancelled. In the first I returned to fly next day. In the second (COR-BUE) they sent me by bus (800km). Check with a knowledgeable and honest travel agent before becoming their hostage.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  27 March 2011 by Alberto Herrmann   (Chile)

Flew 4 legs from Santiago to Iguazu. First one cancelled, and we took next flight 3 hours later. Second one was delayed. The same with third flight. The last one also delayed before we could board and once onboard we had to stay sitting in the plane at Buenos Aires airport for more than an hour in a very warm day.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  27 March 2011 by R Thomas   (USA)

EZE-COR and back, new Austral E-190 with good legroom and interesting IFE. The flight is only an hour long so I wasn't expecting food, the snack provided was decent. Used the web check-in so airports were a breeze. The staff and cabin crew was friendly and energetic. However they still have punctuality issues: both my flights were 30 minutes late, and screens at the airport showed that many of their flights were delayed too.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  14 March 2011 by D Berck   (Brazil)

We have scheduled to fly 6 legs on this airline and unfortunately have flown 7. Five flights were delayed by over an hour and delays averaged 2 hours late. Each time, the website reported an on-time takeoff when we checked prior to departing for the airport. The last time we flew this airline, we checked the status prior to departure and it stated "on-time" for our flight from AEP to GIG. When we arrived at the airport, the screens stated "on-time", finally after an hour in a line that did not move, we noticed a crowd at one ticket counter and went to investigate. Our flight had been cancelled without an announcement. They rebooked us for a flight that left from a different airport and that took a detour through Sao Paulo. Our more expensive, direct flight from AEP to GIG turned into a 13 hour marathon with us arriving in Rio de Janeiro seven hours late at 2:30 am in the morning. I will not fly this airline again.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  26 February 2011 by S Politis   (UK)

Flew domestic with Aerolineas Argentinas on 5 occasions in the space of 3 weeks. Flight length was between 2 and 3hours each time. On every occasion the flight departure was at least 45mins or more delayed. Planes were generally older (late 80's early 90's) MD-90's. Inflight entertainment is non existent, and the food served well below average. The problem in Argentina is that apart from the occasional LAN route, Aerolineas sit on the whole domestic market, so there is generally no choice of carrier.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  15 February 2011 by Mike Andrew   (Australia)

I had the misfortune to fly this airline Sydney to Buenos Aires, landed in Auckland where the plane had a mechanical problem, no communication, left waiting at the airport for hours before our tour guide got them to provide accommodation for the night. The plane we flew was very old, had no inflight entertainment and the crew were rude. The flight crew left the seat belt sign on for most of the flight. My advice - give them a wide berth.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  31 January 2011 by M Owen   (UK)

Terrible experience - we flew Buenos Aires to Ushuaia and returned 3 weeks later. Both time the flight was delayed by 5 hours. They seem to cancel flights until the plane is full and then let it go. Cabin staff and ground staff could not care less a very poor attitude. Horror stories from many other passengers about lost luggage. I would avoid using them at all cost.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  25 January 2011 by Adrian Jenkins   (New Zealand)

AKL-SYD one way. I booked this flight with pretty low expectations. The flight was 90 minutes late. However, this flight was better than expected. A340s used on this route are old. However, the seats were comfortable and leg room acceptable. The complimentary light meal, coffee and juice were tasty and appreciated. The cabin crew's English was quite good - some of the crew were young and friendly, while there were a couple of more experienced and more gruff senior crew who shouted orders. All PAs are given in Spanish first, then English. It was very hard to understand the English notices, as the English spoken was heavily accented. There are no personal TVs and on this three hour sector, no movies were shown - just the route map, on the main screens. Their service is significantly lower quality than their main competitor LAN, but they are also significantly cheaper. I think it would be less comfortable to fly the much longer AKL-EZE sector on this airline, but for AKL-SYD, they were fine.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  14 January 2011 by Rafael Bersier   (Switzerland)

MAD to BUE and back in economy class. B747-400 used were really old, no personal screens in the seatbacks, only small ceiling screens. Furthermore, on MAD-BUE flight the inflight entertainment system gave up working shortly after the safety movie, so no movie or Airshow at all. Meal/drink service was absolutely minimal, no drinks at all during both 12h night flights. Cabin announcements unmotivated and in bad English. The old fashioned seats were very comfortable., great legrooom and recline. Bring your own food, drinks and entertainment, don't expect anything special from the cabin crew but enjoy the comfy seats which are much better than those ultra-thin seats which most leading carriers offer today.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  7 November 2010 by R Baker   (Australia)

SYD to EZE via AKL, EZE-BOG via LIM and return. Arrived at Sydney airport at 7am for a morning departure to be told flight will be delayed until afternoon. Provided with a lunch voucher I spent the day at Sydney airport, flight finally departed at around 1730. Arriving late to EZE I had missed my prebooked hotel shuttle and complained at the airline counter and they gave me a voucher for a hire car to my hotel which was nice. A340 was old, seats were well worn and frayed, overhead reading lights didn't work, overhead baggage lockers difficult to close, ancient entertainment system with flickering screen. Food was passable but nothing special, cabin crew looked old and tired and mostly stayed in the galley chatting amongst themselves and were not very attentive. The pillow was so small and flat it was a waste of time as was the small think blanket. Every other flight I had within South America with this airline was very late causing inconvenience and disruption to my travel plans. My return flight to Australia was cancelled and I was driven to a hotel and picked up by bus the next morning only to face more delays, uncertainty and poor communication from airline staff. This airline is a joke, listen to me and many other people here when we say pay the extra money and fly to South America with LAN or Qantas, but avoid Aerolineas Argentinas like the plague.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  19 October 2010 by Steve Flint   (UK)

ASU-AEP morning flight, on time, clean and professional. Not many flights between Paraguay and Argentina and this one went into the city airport Aeroparque, saving a lot of time.

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  16 October 2010 by S Auvae   (New Zealand)

Auckland to Sydney. On the way there flight was delayed almost two hours. Staff were rude, requested a bassinet for my 3 month old, When boarded plane, was told there was nothing? Flight home delayed two hours, again no bassinet. Staff did not smile, when needed pressed the button and waited 20 minutes?

Aerolineas Argentinas customer review :  13 October 2010 by Jacqueline Ward   (New Zealand)

Plane from Auckland to Buenos Aires was old, pocket at back of seat was split so mags etc kept falling out, seats frayed and the nearest movie screen didn't work. Inflight service OK, there doesn't seem to be a choice of meal and it is just plonked in front of one. But had plenty of room as plane was only half full. Return trip from Montivideo was hours late leaving for Buenos Aires. I had to take a bus to the international airport, but as it wouldn't have arrived there till 0100, I had to take a car (shared with another traveller) for the 0200 flight which left at 0430! Plane was better than the first as everything seemed to work. Cabin staff do their job, but not so friendly as other air lines. Lights out after dinner and don't see cabin staff much after that, but there is water and drinks left in the galley area. Plane late into Auckland so therefore missed connection to Christchurch, and had to buy another ticket, as I had just got a non transferable, thinking 3 hours between flights would be long enough. Air fare was about half the price of the other airline servicing that route. Not sure if I will use them again. Have to be aware of delays and we were not given any explanation as to why it was delayed.

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS customer review :  4 October 2010 by William Donovan   (France)

BUE to MVD so very short flight. Excellent service very friendly staff. Even got a snack in a handy plastic bag to reuse at security next time - nice idea. On return from Montevideo, arrived to check in and was offered a seat on a flight leaving one hour earlier. So great experience. Only negative was very complicated booking process. Booked online, but then had to call the office here in France to make payment. Not possible either online or through Buenos Aires call centre. Very strange.

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS customer review :  29 August 2010 by J Navarro   (USA)

BOG to EZE on a relatively new 737. Flight left on time, food decent (two services on this 6 hour flight, lunch and snack before landing) although the main lunch was pretty small, and all types of drinks free. This airline has a pretty bad reputation for being late, but it seems they are buying new planes and things are getting slowly better. For me, it was all I could ask for - cheap, nonstop, and good service. The only change would be to have some sort of in flight entertainment.

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS customer review :  30 July 2010 by R Calderon   (Argentina)

Buenos Aires to Bariloche return, and found both the airplane comfortable, and the crew very attentive. The snack and beverage services were nice too. There was a delay in the departure from Bariloche to Buenos Aires, which seems to be usual in Aerolineas Argentinas. It is said that many passengers choose some other airlines instead of Aerolineas because of the habitual delays. I hope it will become more efficient and competitive in time.

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS customer review :  27 July 2010 by B Pantaleao   (Brazil)

Buenos Aires to Madrid - flight delayed 9 hours. Then, 15 days later, I flew from Rome to Buenos Aires, the flight was again delayed, 10 hours.

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS customer review :  16 July 2010 by J Arraj   (Australia)

SYD-AKL return. Staff pleasant and polite. Food edible if you are hungry. A good budget airline, seats in good condition, and comfortable. Only downside would be no in flight entertainment. It wouldn't kill them to put on a movie, especially during school holidays.

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS customer review :  13 July 2010 by Jason Burnie   (UK)

Buenos Aires to Calafate economy class. Food and drinks were reasonable. Cabin interior was clean. On return the aircraft was MD80 legroom reasonable, but as no entertainment service on this 3 hour flight.

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS customer review :  12 July 2010 by Adrian Sineriz   (Argentina)

We flew to and from Madrid and we left and arrived on time. Both trips take about 11 hours and the experience was good. The seat is confortable, though it is not a flat bed and the food was good. The plane was a rather old B747.

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS customer review :  12 July 2010 by Darren Kilminster   (Australia)

Sydney to Auckland. No inflight entertainment, just a snack and drinks service and good legroom which Aerolineas have on the A340. Friendly and engaging crew. Overall a good flight and very cheap ticket.

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS customer review :  30 June 2010 by J Costa   (Brazil)

Sao Paulo to Buenos Aires. Aerolineas Argentinas now offers service to Aeroparque, which is more convenient than Ezeiza. We bought business class tickets. Check-in staff at GRU tells us that aircraft assigned to flight has all-coach cabin, offers refund. Same happens on the way back. Strong suggestion that Aerolineas Argentinas is selling tickets to non-existent business class seats.

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS customer review :  25 June 2010 by M Mitchell   (Australia)

Buenos Aires to Sydney via Auckland. Staff were efficient and friendly enough. The food was fine, leg room pretty good. Buenos Aires to Auckland after dinner the lights go off and you do not see the staff often after that, but water was left out on the tray. TVs only in the centre aisle but audio was in English. Blankets and pillows on the seat. The plane had been around for years though. A negative is at the boarding lounge gate you handheld baggage is searched and they took all my wife's makeup and threw it away, they should have provided plastic bags because it needed to be in an individual bag and she was very upset about this.

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS customer review :  24 June 2010 by A Blagrove   (New Zealand)

Auckland to Buenos Aires. Plane was delayed by five hours after we'd checked in, with pretty much no explanation (except that the incoming plane from Sydney was delayed, but again no explanation why). We were travelling with two young children so the delays were a bit difficult. Legroom was pretty much as I remember other airlines in economy class. The lack of decent entertainment was a pain (only the old monitors up in the aisles, where you had to crane your neck to see), but the kids ended up falling asleep anyway. And the movie they played was in Spanish. Dinner was acceptable. Kids had a kids meal as requested. It was disappointing there was no beverage service during the night for those who were awake. I went hunting for a drink of water, hoping they'd give me a bottle to tide me over, but no, just a cup. Having said all that, the staff were reasonably friendly, and the fare was much cheaper. It saved us around $1200 as a family. So if you don't mind no-frills, it's not a bad choice. The domestic leg from Buenos Aires to Lima was on time, and efficient.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8