Aerolineas Argentinas Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  10 February 2012 by J Daddy    (Bahamas)

GIG through EZE to USH. Initial check-in took 20 mins per person, only 2 people working, huge lines. Flight delayed more than 4 hours. No updates from the airline, board still read on time. Missed connection in Buenos Aires, no Business Class line, rep tells me she can't help me reschedule my flight. No offer of meal tickets, no lounge access, they bump me to economy class and refuse to refund the difference - finally part with a voucher for a disgusting fast food place at the airport, then the flight to Ushuaia is delayed 2 hours. Everything was a hassle. The lounge at Rio airport is a marathon to get to and a joke once you're there.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  28 January 2012 by V Vergara    (New Zealand)

6 hours delay from Auckland to Buenos Aires and 5 hours delay from Buenos Aires to Auckland. Food was not good, the seats were uncomfortable and the TV system rubbish. Staff were not friendly with little customer service skills.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  27 January 2012 by A Pyne    (Australia)

This airline has no check-in agreements with other airlines, if transiting with another airline allow time to clear immigration, customs, collect bags, re-check-in etc because they cannot do it for you. Auckland to BA - toilet out of order. Return flight 7 weeks later, same toilet out of order. Ceiling mounted TV was flickering for 13 hours. Service - rude. Movies - they only had 2. They lied to us about how long our flight would be delayed so they wouldn't have to pay for meals and accommodation. When we returned to the airport we found it was further delayed. We paid for 7 flights with AA and they changed departure and arrival times on us and in BA also switched arriving airports which meant we had to cross town to make our connecting flight. Don't order the special meals.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  24 January 2012 by S da Silva    (Australia)

My flight from Sydney to São Paulo was cancelled and they called me to say they were having problems and if they could change my itinerary. They arranged everything for me with Emirates. My flight back to Australia was ok, no delay. The food isn't good. No TVs, but it is not a problem if you have magazines and books. The seats are not comfortable. The price is good however staff don't speak English very well. The check-in was very slow it took nearly 2 hours. Recommended if you to want save money.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  24 January 2012 by D Kad    (Netherlands)

Flew twice on domestic flights in Argentina and despite all the bad reviews, these flights were excellent, on time and without any issues. One was operated by Austral on a new airplane which had comfortable seats with IFE in back seat. I may have been lucky but I can recommend them for domestic flights.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  21 January 2012 by Ray Howitt    (Australia)

2 hour delay leaving Sao Paulo, a further 3 hour delay in the transit lounge at Buenos Aires. No information about this delay. No announcements, no staff to get information. The screen simply said 'Delayed'. After 2 hours a garbled message in Spanish was given to take boarding passes to a cafe and get something to eat. I pre-booked vegetarian meals months ahead and confirmed at check-in 3 hours prior to departure. But my name was not on list. The plane was old with poor TV and disappearing staff. This airline runs a good domestic service. Messages in English to a predominantly English speaking transit lounge would be a basic and obvious service.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  19 January 2012 by H Stewart    (UK)

Buenos Aires to Salta to Iguazu. Both flights were fine. Punctual, efficient and a decent snack. Both were on Embraer 190 operated by Austral, and the second craft was new - excellent seats and seat-back IFE with personal headsets on a flight of less than 2 hours.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  18 January 2012 by P Ortiz    (Spain)

MAD-EZE-MAD. The airplane is an old 747 that it seems to be torn to pieces. You have great room for your legs while seated in those old cradles. There are rather comfortable though. Inflight entertainment does not work in 50% of the seats and flight attendants will never give you a proper solution. Food is ok but there's not much to choose but wines are superb.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  9 January 2012 by Jim Reid    (UK)

AEP-USH. The departure time and flight number were different on the e-ticket, boarding card and departure screen. Nobody could provide an explanation but in the end, that didn't matter as it was 4-5 hours late depending on which time you chose. The aircraft was an elderly MD88 with no APU working, hence the interior was stifling when we boarded. Leg room was appalling. The "snack" was inedible and the coffee undrinkable. To cap it all, one bag was lost for 4 days.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  9 January 2012 by Robin Thompson    (Australia)

Sydney to Buenos Aires with AL return, a disappointing experience. Both flights left an hour late without explanation. When we booked flights in Australia we chose our seats and our choice apparently accepted. We reconfirmed this at check-in but upon entering the aircraft we discovered this not to be the case and we were not even sitting together. On the first flight the audio did not work on my seat and on the other the visuals were running without audio. Staff tried to speak English but generally had a poor capability so communicating in Spanish was more effective. Some staff were unfriendly and all staff disappeared for about five hours after serving the meal on leaving BA. Snacks and drinks were available in the galley areas but this was not announced so passengers only found out about it through diffusion. We flew a number of internal flights with LAN which is worlds ahead of AL on service.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  28 December 2011 by H Milner    (New Zealand)

Auckland-Buenos Aires return on A340. Both flights were delayed, no reason was given as to why; communication would have been appreciated. There was a single screen for entertainment but no headphones were passed out during one flight until the movie had run! The movies were old. The food was decidedly average. The plane fittings appeared old - my seat bottom was entirely loose from its frame and two of the bathroom doors I used wouldn't close properly. The toilets were not serviced at all during the long 12 hours flights so they were pretty horrible by the end. The crew were friendly and bilingual but once meals were served, they did not really appears. I wouldn't seek to fly with this airline again unless there were no other options. I had an internal flight in Argentina on LAN Chile and they appeared to be a more polished act.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8