Aerolineas Argentinas Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  26 October 2012 by Steven Thomson (Australia)

Sydney to Buenos Aires then to Santiago and return. Flying to and from Sydney the seats were very hard and uncomfortable. The plane seemed very old. Inflight entertainment poor quality TV and screen. Food was just bearable. The only flight that left on time was the one out of Sydney. First and last time flying with AA. Delay in BA to Santiago due to not wanting to fuel the plane in the rain. Delay from Santiago to BA no idea why. A supposed delay of 22 mins which turned into just over an hour from BA to Sydney which caused me to miss my connecting flight. So overall not happy with the experience. Also trying to check in at Santiago to fly to BA took the check-in lady well over half an hour. Real disappointment for a holiday I had waited 1 year for.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  9 October 2012 by Brian Bauman (Australia)

Sydney to Buenos Aires return. The aircraft used for this route are old but seats are as comfortable as other airline's with more legroom than most. The meals were adequate if not great, with ample self serve snacks. Drinks available throughout the flight and the service was polite and friendly. Taking my own entertainment (on a tablet) was no problem considering the savings being made on the price of the tickets compared to the prices charged by the competition. I also caught several Aerolineas regional flights in South America, on new aircraft as it is are in the process of adding new aircraft to its fleet.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  9 October 2012 by Blair McRae (Australia)

We flew on direct flights Sydney to BA return in September 2012 - the attraction of a lower business class fare than competitors and a direct flight swayed us into trying the airline. The outward flight left early from Sydney and arrived early in BA. The return flight left 30 minutes late but picked up the time on the way home. On both sectors the service was prompt and efficient. Food and wine was good but not presented as top tier carriers would present. The entertainment system was archaic, limited and not on demand. This is well documented by other reviewers. We took kindles and an ipad and once we watched one movie we were quite happy to read and play. Views of the Antarctic ice sheet also kept us amused on the way home. Seats are old style business but we did sleep nearly 9 hours on the night flight on the way over. If this one experience is the norm for this sector I would recommend the business class offering given the price advantages - you can overcome the most significant weakness (IFE) by buying movies for your ipad and you can buy plenty for the saving in air fares.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  17 September 2012 by Neil Cluff    (Australia)

A340-200, SYD-EZE. I felt like I have stepped back in time when flying with this airline. They need to update the seating in the older aircraft. Very little attention is paid to safety, carry on bags were left unsecured on seats during take-off. Seats were broken and reclined without pushing the recline button. Despite the seats being broken, passengers were permitted to use them. There was no personal entertainment, and it is strictly bring your own. Before and soon after take-off the cabin became very cold. Approx 1 hour into the flight the seat belt sign was turned off for the first time, shortly after staff delivered the food. There was no choice of meal (chicken or red meat), let alone a vegetarian selection. After dinner the food trays were collected and the lights turned off and all passengers were expected to sleep.The staff must have also turned up the temperature as the aircraft cabin became very hot and stuffy. The flight was 14 hours, and passengers were expected to sleep 10 of those hours. Approx 2 hours before landing the lights were turned back on, we were fed again and the cabin became very cold. Trays removed just in time to land in Buenos Aires. Staff were seen at the rear of the craft, playing on laptops and not offering any drink runs to passengers.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  7 September 2012 by J Williams    (Australia)

FCO (Rome) - EZE. The lack of IFE was an obvious flaw but my tablet computer lasted the whole journey so it was ok. The food wasn't great but the white wine was superb. Staff were very nice and even though I was Australian flying from Italy they all spoke perfect English. Flying Aerolineas was very much what it was like to fly domestic in Australia in the nineties - not great but bearable.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  5 September 2012 by U Grant    (Australia)

I recently flew with AR on the new direct SYD-EZE service. I must say, after reading the previous reviews here, that I was pleasantly surprised. Flights were on time, cabin crew were friendly (more so on the return leg), seat pitch in economy was actually very good, cabin was clean and tidy. Yes, there are no back of seat entertainment screens but for the price, you cannot expect 5 star services. If being entertained is an issue, bring your ipad or a good book! Food was OK. On the return flight, after dinner service, sandwiches were self- served from the rear of the cabin and it would be beneficial here to at least offer a selection (for us veggies, rather than the ubiquitous ham and cheese). Overall, the flight was as good as any for the price – in fact the worst part was actually going through customs at EZE , which took well over an hour. I thought I had landed at LAX! Overall, I would recommend this airline if you are after a well-priced airfare – just don't expect 5 star amenities services for a 3 star price.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  29 August 2012 by J Butcher    (Australia)

I flew from Lima to Sydney via Buenos Aires. My flight in Buenos Aires was delayed 1.5 hours but Aerolineas did not communicate with us at all! They announced a couple of times in Spanish, thank you for your patience but that was it. Finally when we boarded it took another hour to take off! The people on my flight were complaining of the terrible service they had already experienced with Aerolineas. When I arrived in Sydney I had missed my connecting flight and so had half of the passengers I was with. We all had to pay for new tickets to our next destination which cost me $170 to Melbourne! Their entertainment was poor, they played the same movie over and over and when passengers asked for help, staff ignored them! Pretty bad service is an understatement.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  29 August 2012 by T Adelaide    (Australia)

SYD-EZE-SYD. Plane is an older A340-200 - without personal IFE - just a main screen. Economy class seats were generously sized and I was offered an emergency exit seat from SYD-EZE. EZE-SYD was a standard economy class seat. Plane departed on time from SYD-EZE and again EZE-SYD. Staff friendly and always walking around. Food was edible, but there wasn't much of it. A small self-serve bar in the galley provided water and snacks during the flight. Both flights, the plane landed on time and overall, was a pleasant experience. Despite being limited in features, I got from SYD to EZE and back cheaply, comfortably and if you bring your iPad/iPod, you'll be entertained. If there was no price difference between AR and LAN/Qantas etc., consider going on the latter. But AR isn't a bad airline provided you've got some personal entertainment on the long 13-15 hour flights. One final point - the AR website is incredibly hard to navigate and use. Calls to their SYD call centre go without answer.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Aditya Vashishta    (Australia)

Well after hearing a lots of negetive comments about Aerlineas airlines I was a bit apprehensive but the fare was almost half from MEL-RIO. I found the service better and aircraft was old but with more legroom. The crew was also good and trying to help passengers as it was a long flight of 16 hrs. Food was OK and they should improve their entertainment service. Overall we enjoyed and would definitely go again.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  21 August 2012 by A Smith    (Australia)

They delayed my flight by 3 days and were incredibly rude and unapologetic. I was supposed to fly from Sydney to Buenos Aires via Auckland and Santiago. I turned up at the check in counter in Sydney and was told the flight would be delayed because the plane hadn't arrived yet from Auckland, but it would only be a couple of hours. When I returned they said the plane would not be arriving after all and that we would not leave Sydney for another two days. Staff were rude and unhelpful and once we were taken to the accommodation we didn't hear from them again except for a piece of paper under the hotel door telling us to be ready at 5am. After two days we went back to airport, there was no staff member there and we had to go from counter to counter trying to find out which flight we were on. After finally checking in and going through immigration we were at the boarding gate when we were told that we would not be flying out after all as there was no plane to meet us in Auckland. No staff representative. I ended up changing to LAN Chile who were excellent.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  27 July 2012 by Ahmad Daoud    (Australia)

Return flight (Sydney-Buenos Aires). The fare was really competitive. Flight left on time from Sydney to Buenos Aires. Food was below average (Fish and rice for dinner and very small sandwiches for breakfast and middle snack). On board entertainment is the worst entertainment I have witnessed. Flight attendants were nice. On my way back, flight delayed 30 minutes. Food was good (Chicken and rice for lunch. Croissant, tea and fruits for breakfast and small chicken sandwich for middle snack). On board entertainment was better than the first flight. Pros: Excellent price - On time flights - Friendly staff. Cons: No personal entertainment nor good screens - Bad food on first flight - Staff didn't allow me to use my iphone in flight mode - not very tidy (though not dirty).

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  26 July 2012 by G Aguilar    (Australia)

SYD-EZE on July 21. While the aircraft was old and it lacks personal inflight entertainment, it was well maintained. Good legroom. Crew were friendly and efficient. Left on time and arrived one hour early. All and all a good experience and extremely good value for money. I'm looking forward to my return in a few days.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  16 July 2012 by W Miao    (New Zealand)

Flew AKL-EZE/AEP-GIG-AEP/EZE-AKL. Both long-haul legs were close to being on time, but the baggage wait in BA was around 40 min (thus missed the transfer bus to the other airport in BA and had to get a cab). Upon arrival at AEP, I was checked-in for the flight to Rio as normal. But 20 min after the schedule boarding time everyone was informed that AR decided to switch the departing airport back to EZE (and this is already at 10pm). So had to re-clear the custom, collect our baggage, wait for 30 min for the bus, take the 1 hour bus ride to the other side of the town, re-check in, and re-clear the custom at EZE (which took 1 hour). Finally landed in Rio at 3.30am, 4 hours late. No compensation was offered whatsoever. The return flights were relatively stress-free. Overall the cabin service was above average, but planes are antiquated with no personal entertainment but a leaky roof. Breakfast on the 13 hour long-haul consisted of two pieces of cold bread and a banana. Much cheaper than LAN but definitely not worth the money paid.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  16 July 2012 by P Sorli    (Norway)

Was booked on the flight on the 13th of July from EZE-SYD (which does not go via AKL anymore). I checked- in and everything was confirmed with my seat etc. I was at the airport at 6am for the 8.30am flight. After 1 hour in line, I was only half way down the queue. A little bit later other passengers bound for SYD were denied access. The following reason was given: the weather pattern on the route to SYD. Therefore they had to get rid of weight to have a lighter aircraft to make it the entire way. Later, we learnt that they had given freight/cargo priority and consequently 80 of us were stranded, with the next flight due 3 days later, which only had 40 free spots. The employees only spoke Spanish which was hard for people who didn't know the language. Lots of ideas were thrown around, but evidently the flight left without us. I had checked the flight the days/weeks before I was due to fly it and noticed that the flight always left EZE delayed by 1-2 hours, which could be for similar reasons. Maybe they should go back to flying via AKL to be able to accept all the paid passengers. Their compensation was not good either, and I (and several others) decided we wanted a full refund.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  14 July 2012 by P McDonald    (Australia)

SYD-AKL-BA return. Very old aircraft, untidy and looked quite dirty. No personal entertainment unit. Surly cabin crew with very poor service standards. Hardly saw FA's for the entire flight and no effort was made to prepare the cabin for landing. I also took an internal flight with this airline from BA to Ushuaia. On this flight the service was just as bad and my seat was broken. I will never use this airline again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8