Aerolineas Argentinas Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  25 November 2013 by N Smith (Australia)

Sydney-Buenos Aires-Rio: AR1181 andAR2254 on 26 Sep 2013. Rio-Buenos Aires-Sydney: AR2255 andAR1180 on 11 Oct 2013. Really bad. Flight was heavily delayed from Rio to Buenos Aires and I missed my connecting flight to Sydney. Meal awful, old plane with no inflight entertainment, staff very rude. Avoid at all cost, better pay $500 more and go with a trusted company.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  22 November 2013 by S Osberg (USA)

I've flown this airline 12 times. Something bad has happened every single time. Aerolineas Argentinas has a near-monopoly in many Argentinean markets, which is very unfortunate. On my most recent trip, the flight schedules were changed an astounding 6 times within 3 months of departure, with the final one being a cancellation of my flight and a new departure from a different airport. Once you do have an actual confirmed flight, the chances of it leaving on time are close to zero. My personal record was an 8-hr delay, causing me to miss my connecting flight back to the US.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  20 November 2013 by A Godoi (Brazil)

Flew Sydney - Buenos Aires and Buenos Aires - Sydney. Pros: Staff helpful. Good value for money. Cons: Seats are old and sometimes broken. Food is average, they serve just 2 meals in a long flight, so take some with you during the flight. Old airplane and does not have entertainment system. You need to take a tablet with you - they don't allow phones, even in airplane mode. Flights delayed.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Miguel Ferreira (Brazil)

Rio de Janeiro to Montevideo via Buenos Aires and return via Buenos Aires and Iguazu to Rio. Mixed experience, first flight left at 2.40am from Rio to Buenos Aires on an Austral Embraer 190 and due to heavy turbulence, there was no inflight service whatsoever on the 3 hour flight, no apologies at all from the crew, which I found rude. Short hops from BA to Montevideo and back uneventful. The return legs were better. Flights left and arrived on time, crews on both Embraer 190 (Austral) and B737 did their job well. Their spoken English is awful, if I didn't speak Spanish, I wouldn't understand a word of what they announced.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Judith Byrne (Australia)

The flight from Sydney to Buenos Aires was awful - the food was disgusting, the toilets were not cleaned for hours - hence the smell. No entertainment other than outdated TV hanging from ceiling, distorted picture and mainly in another language that could not understand. Seat in front of me was broken and was on a constant lean. The staff or should I say lack of it, spent more time talking to one another or reading a magazine than attending to the passengers. The flight home was no better - it might of been cheaper but had I known what they were like I would of gladly paid the extra and flew with Qantas. I would not recommend that you fly with this airline, I certainly will not.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  5 November 2013 by J Gilchrist (Australia)

By far the worst airline I have flown. Flew Sydney to Buenos Aires in a plane that looked like it was from the 60's. It was filthy on the outside, and inside was even worse. When I opened my blanket on the plane it smelt. The staff were almost non existent during the entire flight. For the price I paid, spending a few more dollars to fly with a competent airline, with modern planes would be completely worth it.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  4 November 2013 by F Costanzo (Argentina)

Tucuman-Buenos Aires-Tucuman. Two good flights, the first on a Boeing 737-700, departed on time and arrived 15 mins early. Flight service is efficient and cabin crew very friendly. Totally recommended.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  31 October 2013 by T Allen (Australia)

The saying that you get what you pay for is spot on when it comes to Aerolineas. Great value for money if you don't have high expectations of the airline in the first place. Flight to BA was fine. No delays and food ok. The flight back however took off 2.5 hours late and then stopped in Patagonia with no explanation as to why so all up the journey took over 18 hours instead of 13.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  26 October 2013 by R Santos (USA)

Flew return MIA-EZE and was a bit worried after reading the post. Have to say was very surprised on the outbound flight as the crew were very nice and attentive, the food was good, and the "new" business seat OK. The inflight entertainment was the flight map since nothing else worked. The cabin was tatty but clean so all in all ok marks for that. The return on the other hand lived up to everything I have read. This crew would put to shame any US crew when it comes to sitting in the galley doing nothing. Food was terrible and yep got a thimbleful of wine. Glad it was overnight so I got to try and sleep, but that was hard given the number of families that the pilot, FA's and gate agents brought up to the business cabin. All in all I still think they were an OK airline if you had no other choice.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  21 October 2013 by B Elias (Australia)

Arrived at the airport at 4.30am, supposed to fly to Sydney at 8.30am, had a connecting flight to Melbourne from Sydney. Flight was delayed until 9.30am, then until 1pm, didn't leave Argentina until 2.30pm, now stuck in Sydney airport on the floor because Qantas have a cut off time on the weekend and Aerolineas Argentinas managed to get me after the cut off time when I was supposed to be here at 5pm! If there is another airline out from Argentina I would take that instead if this one. Even the flight entertainment is poor. You don't get your own screen so you're stuck watching these old tvs that the worst picture known to man. The only good thing was that I got 2 seats to myself. Probably because everyone knows not to fly with them!

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  3 October 2013 by M Hone (Australia)

We flew return to Buenos Aries from Sydney. Condor class was not a lot more expensive than economy given the 16 hour trip. We had plenty of leg room and the food was excellent. The seats and everything seemed to function. Flights were on time and our luggage arrived on the carousel. Check in was speedy. As other reviewers noted, the planes are old so I needed a cushion for lumbar support and we took tablets with books and movies downloaded. This worked very well with excellent picture and sound quality. Staff perhaps could have done more to keep others under control eg a couple immediately behind us watched videos on their laptop with no earplugs so we got the full sound while we were trying to sleep. Given the reviews we were pleasantly surprised with the trip.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  3 October 2013 by M Hone (Australia)

We recently traveled on 3 domestic flights within Argentina - Buenos Aires - Iguazu - Salta - Buenos Aires. We had no problems with any of the flights. They departed on time and our luggage arrived safely. Check in was super fast. The planes were reasonably modern and staff service OK. Food consisted of a snack box which was adequate for a short haul flight. While the flights were expensive, prices were reduced considerably by purchasing discounted tickets before we arrived in Argentina. Given the reviews, we were pleasantly surprised with the flights, or perhaps we were just lucky. There was certainly nothing wrong with them.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  23 September 2013 by P Galea (Australia)

Pretty average flight, Sydney-Buenos Aires. No seatback screen, food OK. The return flight, BA-Sydney, was poor. The same movies were showing as 5 weeks previously! The food was awful. The service was ordinary. Nobody appeared to have checked the toilets for about the last 8 hours of the flight - no toilet paper, full bins - disgusting.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  19 July 2013 by Martin Pablo (Argentina)

Buenos Aires to Trelew and back. Overall, very good service for the value. Smiling and helpful cabin attendants and good snack box provided on such a short flight. No inflight entertainment, only magazines (this point should be improved). Fast and efficient baggage delivery. I would certainly recommend this airline.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  16 July 2013 by P Taylor (Australia)

Sydney to Buenos Aires return. Plane out very old and needing internal maintenance. A couple of overhead locker taped up with do not use notices. The TV that I could see did not work. Didn't see the cabin staff smile once. Seats are tired and sagged. Food was good though, I had taken bits to eat, but the meal we got was good. No in flight services after the meal, but drinks and snacks available. On the way back, we were at the airport 23 hours before the flight (due to our connection) and requested a row of seats together. Couldn't check us in as check-in opened 3 hours before. When we checked in 3 hours before we were sat in different seats over the plane and told there were no available seats! Managed to get the children sat together, and myself and my wife were in separate seats. On return, the plane was in a slightly better shape, a little newer. The TV was working but lost the red, so some interesting colours for the films. Reasonable films and one channel in English. Food was again good. The cabin staff were great. All smiles and they came round every couple of hours with water/juice. Value for money was excellent.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  11 July 2013 by R Howitt (Australia)

Flew home from Sao Paulo to Sydney in January 2012. 4-hour delay departing, change of aircraft at Buenos Aires resulted in an 8-hour delay. Passengers asked to wait in a lounge, then abandoned. No staff for several hours. After 6 hours we got a rapid announcement in Spanish. Passengers were English-speaking Australians! BA to Auckland was unpleasant. TV screens were not working well. The girl in front of me ordered a vegetarian meal as did I. Of course they did not have it. They never have vegetarian meals. The hostess actually argued with the girl and told her that it was her fault that the meal was not ordered. The final insult was a 4-hour delay at Auckland Airport. I will never fly Aerolineas Argentinas again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8