Aer Lingus Passenger Reviews and Aer Lingus Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Aer Lingus Customer review :  15 April 2014 by M Matron    (UK)

We travelled from Manchester to New York via Dublin. On the way out, the TV's were not working, they reset them several times and still didn't work. Food was very poor so advise taking a sandwich with you. Loads of free pretzels for some reason which were horrid. No choice of snack and a very small orange juice break. Coming back, we had paid for an upgrade for our seats, we were shocked to find ourselves in the middle row of the plane no where near our allocated seats. Complained to air hostess who said they had changed the plane so therefore had been downgraded. No compensation and certainly no refund. Eventually after 2 months complaining we got our upgrade money back, no compensation for the stressful flight home though. Also, on the way back, the movies were constantly interrupted with news of Aer Lingus charity work and asking for money. I had no issues donating the rest of our dollars but would have done so without being asked 10 times.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Mary Anne Zera    (USA)

I've been to Ireland 6 times in the last 10 years and have always flown Aer Lingus. The first time was lovely, then United Air got involved and things went completely down-hill. This last trip was horrid. I don't know how anyone could find the seating even close to comfortable. I weigh around 108 lbs and was traveling with my 145 lb brother, the seat felt like concrete. Like one of the other reviews, I have to sit on the pillow. These retro- fitted planes are the pits. The seat in front of me was 12 inches from my nose (the screen was basically in my face.) The arm rests don't fold all the way back, so you have to be a circus contortionist to get out of your seat. Two people cannot pass one another even if they're going sideways. An older gentleman literally fell into what was luckily an empty seat trying to get back to his seat. The flight attendants were pleasant enough, except for one male, who thought he was "large and in charge". The food was the usual stuff, basically it was edible. My brother needs a cane for walking and were with the other handicapped to get on the plane on the return flight. Unfortunately, we ended waiting 20 minutes in the cold ramp thing (can't think of the right term) that leads to the plane while cargo was being loaded. That's right, cargo, not luggage. Yep, the people who need canes and walkers were standing around for 20 minutes. As for the entertainment, it didn't really matter since I can't look at a screen that's right in my face.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  18 March 2014 by R Barton    (USA)

3/4/2014 flight to Dublin. 3 of our group were flying from LAX and one was flying from Denver. Both flights had less than 2 hours layover in Chicago. Since you have to change terminals and go through security again this layover is just unacceptable. The LAX group barely made the flight. It was almost fully boarded when we got to the gate and we did not dilly dally at all. The flight from Denver was 20 minutes late. Our friend and 5 other people ran from Terminal 1 to Terminal 5 and arrived at the gate at 5 minutes before takeoff time. All 6 passengers were denied boarding. They watched the plane pull away from the gate. The exasperating thing is that the Aer Lingus staff at the gate take no responsibility and show no empathy for this issue. It should be noted that we arrived in Dublin 1.5 hours early. So waiting 5 minutes to board those 6 passengers would not have impacted the arrival at all. Then to make it worse, on our return flight they canceled my friends upgraded meal. Their logic was "well you weren't on the flight to Dublin for your upgraded meal so we canceled your return meal". I agree with the post about the seat arm rest not going up. Not because you can't spread out, but because you cannot get out of your seat to go to the bathroom. Bottom line never again and I would not recommend Aer Lingus to anyone.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  4 March 2014 by A Clarke    (Ireland)

Round trip to New York (EI 105/104). Flight out on time and the food was pretty decent, I had upgraded my meal choice. Pretty quiet flight, not too busy and plenty of space to stretch out, although the middle armrest not lifting up all the way is pretty annoying if you're trying to spread out a bit. Fantastic crew. Return flight was fine, food not as good and again great crew. However, why is this flight scheduled to leave at the time it does (5.30 pm) and then arrive into Dublin 5.5 hours later, it's fast but when you land in Ireland it's still only 11 pm in NYC. If the flight is that short and apparently it regularly is then could it not be scheduled it to arrive in Ireland the same day as it leaves NYC. Also, I think it was a surprise to ground crew that we got back so early as we had to wait 50 mins for bags to arrive. Aside from that though, good round trip.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  25 February 2014 by N Harvey    (UK)

21/2, 9pm, EI249, Friday evening Gatwick flight. Usual appalling slow boarding due to passengers having too much hand luggage and no common sense. The seats were smaller than Ryanair and for some unknown reason tilted so it was like we were going to be launched into the sky. The whole flight was extremely uncomfortable and hot. Out of interest can Aer Lingus passengers not count as they seem to have trouble working out where their seats are? Also one case and one piece of hand luggage seem to be interpreted as one case and ninety five bags.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  24 February 2014 by J Thompson    (USA)

Flew JFK to LHR with family of 5 and overall was very satisfied. Transatlantic flights were not full and the whole family had extra room. Only irritating issues were too many announcements which kept everybody awake and seat armrests which do not come up all the way allowing one to stretch out over empty seats. Dublin to London flights were also good. Although we would have preferred direct flights the savings going through Dublin were substantial, and well worth the slight inconvenience, plus on the way home one goes through Immigration in Ireland, which works very well.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Mark McCullough    (UK)

BHD-LGW, A319, January. Perfectly acceptable short flight with friendly crew. Boarding is slow, because all managed by just 1 person.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Alan McGaughey    (Ireland)

Flew with Aer Lingus round trip Dublin-Gatwick this week. Very pleased with the service overall. The outbound flight on Tuesday was lightly booked and we got away early. Terminal 2 is very pleasant to use and even the security area was moving quickly. This was the first time I had used the pre-order meal service and it worked well in getting the breakfast before the main cabin service began. It is good value and I would estimate that about 10 of the 50 or so passengers had pre-ordered. Coming back was even easier at Gatwick airport and this was an almost full flight. The cabin crew were especially good. I ordered tea and the cheese board (could do with a little more cheese). Weather was bad coming into Dublin in the aftermath of the storms and I could tell we weren't going to be able to land from the approach and just before touchdown we went on a go around. The Captain came on and was very re-assuring and explained what had happened and again the cabin crew were very reassuring in making the extra safety announcements. Nice experience and nice product and great crew.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  4 February 2014 by J French    (UK)

MAN-DUB return. Outbound delayed an hour due to problem with something in hold and had rubbish on floor when boarded, return delayed almost an hour due to knock on delay. Attendants were nice both journeys.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  28 January 2014 by L Webb    (UK)

CWL-DUB and DUB-CWL, flight EI3291 29/10/13. Outbound - The flight attendants always had a smile and were very helpful throughout. The only negative thing about the outbound flight was that there was a mother that did nothing but shout at her kids from the moment we took off until the moment we landed and when your flight is at 8.30 in the morning it's the last thing you want. Inbound flight DUB-CWL, flight EI3298, 31/10/13 - we left Dublin later than scheduled due to the fact there was a technical fault with a light in the cockpit and could not take off until it was solved. Within minutes engineers were onboard and both the captain and flight attendants kept us up to date with what was going on and reassuring us that everything was going well. The flight attendants on the inbound flight were much friendlier and talkative which is a great thing to have on an airline. Even though our flight departed late we landed just 5 minutes later than scheduled. I have recommended this airline to family and friends and actually me and a friend have booked to go back to Ireland with Aer Lingus on the new BRS-SNN route in April! Looking forward to it!

Aer Lingus Customer review :  16 January 2014 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

CPH-DUB, flight delayed for 3 hrs. Check-in agents said it was due to bad weather in Dublin, crew said due to maintenance problems. I understand they wanted to do quick turnaround, but the plane was filthy, full of rubbish on the floor, seatbelts not folded, seat pockets not emptied etc. Inflight magazine was glued with chewing gums, so it was impossible to read it. Crew announced they don't have any hot meals and sandwiches left, from previous sector, so only snacks and drinks were available to purchase. Crew did their job, but nothing more. Sad, low cost- like flight, even though it cost 280 Euro.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Marie Hazelwood    (Ireland)

Paris-Cork, EI821, Dec 23, return Cork-CDG, Dec 30. I travelled with Aer Lingus over Christmas/New Year. Very busy. Staff were very pleasant, and unlike another airline on this route, treating passengers with respect, or weren't out-to-get me because I had a shopping bag with my carry-on, coming on board. The staff make this airline very pleasant.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Basil Duffy    (Ireland)

Dublin to Cardiff on Friday 27 Dec. Stormy day but no information as to when flight would depart. Left waiting in very cold room in bowels of the airport for 2 hours. Flight took off just over 2 hours late but disappointingly pilot never told us they had not taken our baggage due to weight restrictions. At Cardiff everybody stood around the baggage carousel and no bags. Rang Dublin to find out when bags would arrive and found no info. Told case was still in Dublin and as we were due home on Sunday 29th December, to go to the baggage counter in arrivals. On Sunday at 1pm I got a call from Cardiff Airport to say my case had arrived and as we were flying home that evening they would hold it at the airport. Like previous comments I like to support The Irish Airline but my confidence in them has been shattered and a good weekend was destroyed.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  30 December 2013 by P McCarthy    (Australia)

EI 178 Dublin-London. Thoroughly agree with previous reviewer. Lack of information was very frustrating and unhelpful. Despite the delay, luggage also did not make it out of Dublin, so it is missing somewhere in the world now. Missed transfer to Sydney and no provisions were put in place for those who missed their flights. As an Irish person living abroad, who wants to be proud of their national airline, I was very disappointed with the experience I had.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Daniel O'Connor    (UK)

EI 178, Dublin - London, 27/12. Original flight cancelled. No staff at gate to provide explanation. Eventually rebooked on EI.178 which was delayed a number of times and departure gate changed on each (4) occasion. When this raised with staff, response was rudeness. Flight eventually left 4.5 hours late (missed London train connection and had to book into Heathrow hotel). No food vouchers provided despite wait. On board aircraft, no sandwiches available despite 4.5 hour wait in terminal. Had to pay 13.50 for tea, ham and cheese 'toastie' and separate cheese/biscuits. Most of 'toastie' overcooked/inedible, separate cheese and biscuits soggy, unpleasant and also inedible. 'Use by 'date on toast is wrapper 5 days past expiry. Complained: 10 refunded. Raised matter with purser before leaving aircraft. Argumentative, patronising and risible response. One of the worst overall travel experiences I have had - and will never fly this airline again.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  29 December 2013 by D O'Mahoney    (Ireland)

Bad weather at Dublin airport. Flights understandably delayed. Aer Lingus and DAA give no information for hours. Then load us on the plane with no information. Then pilot advises we have no baggage loaded and no catering loaded and has no idea when it will be loaded. So welcome aboard, sit here for hours with no food and no departure time. We know the weather is bad why not have the courage and customer service gumption to communicate with customers and explain what is happening.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  25 December 2013 by A McDonnell    (Ireland)

Madrid - Dublin, EI 595, 22/12/13. Check/baggage drop in Madrid (sub contractor) slow, inefficient. Aircraft clean comfortable. Punctuality, slight delay on departure, arrival on time. Flight attendants efficient, friendly and very professional. Greatly improved offerings of food on board at reasonable prices. Baggage delivered speedily on arrival in Dublin. Altogether excellent flight and service. They do however need to watch that they are not let down by ground handling agents.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  16 December 2013 by K McCarthy    (France)

GVA-DUB, A330. Consistency is something Aer Lingus need to figure out. After a recent flight it has me irked. Outbound my designer coat had to be bunched into a ball by a very abrupt FA and put up top for take off due to it not being secure. Inbound, my neighbour had 3 shopping bags and a coat on the middle seat and not an eyelid batted? Food service is also always hit a miss, outbound I was able to buy a breakfast offering on return nothing was available. Also I note the seat belt sign seems to stay on unusually longer than any other airline, probably to keep passengers seated longer in order for service prep. Seats are comfortable for short haul, leather but starting to wear slightly. Gold Circle club is a waste of time. At Dublin I attempted to check in at a computer terminal with my passport, and told to report to a physical desk for check in. Oh joy huge queues, luckily I tried another machine and it worked fine. The only reason I find a lot of people use IE is the route monopoly. I try fly with connections to Dublin when I can, but something I have to subject myself to the unfriendly FA's and chaotic boarding and late arrivals.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Colin Boakes    (UK)

We have become regular business class passengers on Aer Lingus & they never fail to impress. This time we flew from Dublin to Orlando on EI 121 and returned from New York on EI 104. On both flights the service was quite outstanding. The crew are friendly but professional and the food and wine selections were of high end restaurant quality. Given our experience with other carriers business class, usually at much higher fares, the Aer Lingus product has to be one of the best available. We only wish they would once again provide a premium offering on European routes.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Joseph Reilly    (USA)

11/11/2013, my companion and I flew from San Antonio to Chicago and there caught Aer Lingus Flight EI124. The Aircraft was an Airbus 330. The Senior Crew Flight attendant was a very compassionate woman who attended to us, and all of those around us with interest and tenacity. The seats we paid $50 extra were extra leg room (perfect), the seat itself for me (I have a 44" waist was tight but tolerable). The food was very good (Lasagne) and the later sandwich (ham and cheese) was also very good and unexpected. Great flight. The return trip on 11/18/2013, Flight EI125 we thought, OK, now we'll see how it is in comparison. The Male Flight Attendant and also Senior Crew member was great as well. We had the same seats on the opposite side of the cabin. The amenities of even economy class on this Airline are excellent and a great value. The equipment is first class and the crew made me proud to be Irish American.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  28 November 2013 by Sean Murray    (South Africa)

Went on a holiday to Ireland, bag booked through from CPT to DUB then on the return from DUB to CPT the check-in lady said her system does not allow her to book the bag through to CPT. I have travelled this route for 10 years and have never come across such nonsense. As a result our family will never use Aer Lingus again. However it seems that it depends who you end up with when checking in, a disgruntled employee can make your experience with Aer Lingus a nightmare.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  25 November 2013 by P McDonnell    (USA)

Use regularly on the ORD-DUB route, as well as on its European short-haul routes. The transatlantic flights are always pleasant, clean aircraft with friendly staff. IFE is adequate, with personal seat-back TVs. Only complaints are that the economy seats are pretty hard and uncomfortable - they're actually nicer on the short-haul flights. I usually have to sit on the pillow to be comfortable. Also the departure gate area at ORD is too small for the number of passengers on the flight - numerous passengers end up standing and sitting on the floor in the hallway. Never had any serious issues with flight delays or baggage issues. Aer Lingus is head-and-shoulders above its only competition on the ORD-DUB route (AA), and its the clear choice for transatlantic flights to Ireland.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Glenn Jagdeosingh    (Trinidad and Tobago)

We booked to fly from Dublin to Gatwick. Aer Lingus was the only airline flying this route on that day, so I had booked them as opposed to BA. We had some extra baggage, so I went ahead and booked an extra bag ahead of time for 15 Euro. When I got to the airport, I was told that although I had booked and paid for an additional bag, I was still only allowed the same baggage weight allowance for one person (20kg). I cannot understand why anyone would want to purchase an extra bag without wanting extra weight. I assumed I would be allowed 40kg when I booked the extra bag, but I was still only allowed 20kg which would have been the same weight as if I had not booked the extra bag. I am sure that a lot of other passengers fall for this! In all fairness, Aer Lingus is a good airline to fly light. They have very competitive prices if you travel light, but it can cost you your shirt and pants literally if you are over weight. I almost had to pay 300 Euro in over weight fess. Fortunately the staff at check in allowed me to manipulate the items in my luggage. I carried three coats in my hang on the plane and adjusted items between my luggage and hand luggage.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  22 November 2013 by N Harvey    (UK)

London Gatwick to Dublin on 15/11/2013, AE 249 - 9pm flight. Friday flight - delayed yet again due to Aer Lingus passengers taking their time to get on and off the plane. People again had too much hand luggage and the ground staff were forced to place some in the hold. Late take off due to passengers being selfish and hogging the overhead bins and generally being thoroughly stupid with regards to the basics such as sitting down quickly and being able to count from 1 to 29. The crew found it frustrating and its credit to them they kept calm during a very unnecessary delay. I'm finding this behaviour very annoying and am going back to Ryanair who at least make the effort to be on time and their passengers don't push and shove like Aer Lingus passengers.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  21 November 2013 by Davis Daniel    (USA)

The service and food was adequate considering we got a good deal on round trip flights between SLC and Dublin. Rather it would have been a good deal if Aer Lingus didn't end up charging my $521 for two more tickets to return home. After getting a little lost in Dublin, we arrived at the airport with a little over an hour before our departure time. When we tried to check in at the kiosk, it said check-in was closed. The attendant directed us to the check-in desk. They told us check-in had closed 15 minutes ago. When I pointed out that there were no lines at security and that an hour would still be plenty of time to get to our flight, they still refused to let me check in and sent me to another desk to find another flight. The frustrating thing was, I presumably would have been allowed to check in on the kiosk if I had been there 15 minutes earlier, but I still could have had to wait in line to check my bags. That was not the case. I was able to walk right up to the desk because the airport was not very busy. When I went to the customer service desk, we still had 55 minutes before our departure. Told they could get us to the U.S. that night, but we'd have to find our own connections, but she was not willing to quote the price of those other options. As it turns out, it looks like Aer Lingus sold our seats out from under us. Yes, I suppose I should have arrived earlier, but I've made long haul flights before with less time to spare. Not a good ending to our honeymoon.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  5 November 2013 by P McMahon    (UK)

I was rebooked with Aer lingus to Dublin after our BA flight was cancelled due to technical difficulties. We were very impressed with the friendly and professional service offered. The aircraft was spotless, fresh and bright. The crew kept us informed of our progress and had issued a very warm welcome on boarding. On the downside, we had booked on a full service airline where drinks and a snack were included, on Aer Lingus you pay. However, the full breakfast I ordered was delicious and well worth the money. I look forward to booking with you in the future.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  4 November 2013 by N Lezotte    (USA)

Best experience I have had flying transatlantic. Flew round trip MCO-DUB, 10/22 and returned 10/31. Continuing service to CDG. Very friendly and ever present staff on the transatlantic portion. The seat turned into an almost lay flat bed which provided a sound sleep in both directions. Wines were well chosen and poured frequently. Meals were well presented with a variety of appetizers before and hot breads during dinner. The staff service and the overall cleanliness of the plane convinced me that I had made the right choice for an airline. The connection DUB-CDG was a packed economy flight. For an hour and a half flight it was tolerable. Aer Lingus competes with Ryanair on this route so everything including water is for sale. My choice from now on for transatlantic flights. Clearing customs and immigration in Dublin is a real plus. American customs and immigration are rude and hostile but about what you would expect from them.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  4 November 2013 by J Fox    (Ireland)

JFK-DUB, EI108, Nov 1st. Another more or less faultless flight with Aer Lingus across the pond. Young cabin crew who were enthusiastic, smiling and charismatic. Very attentive to all passengers on a late night flight from New York to Dublin. Pilots again very informative on routing, weather and arrival time which is great. Crew apologetic for delay leaving JFK but flight still arrived 55 mins ahead of schedule. Added bonus was the fact that the crew played some great, modern music while taxiing to stand after arrival. One minor criticism was the pace of check- in/bag-drop. Great job all round.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7