Aer Lingus Passenger Reviews and Aer Lingus Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Aer Lingus Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Audrey Burkley    (Ireland)

When I arrived to Brussels airport I had pre-booked my seat a week beforehand. There was a problem with the system and my seat was given away to someone else. I asked then for a window seat and this was not given. I was seated in the centre of the plane in an aisle seat so I had no view of the scenery as we were departing and landing. The cabin crew were friendly. I had pre-booked a hot meal, leek and cheddar quiche which was forgotten.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  15 April 2015 by E Sheahan    (Ireland)

Flew from Rome to Dublin with Aer Lingus on Friday 10th April. Very slow check-in with a huge queue. More importantly I can't understand why Aer Lingus make you check-in in Terminal Three and then make you walk the whole way back to Terminal one to board plane to Dublin - this is a long trudge from Terminal three through terminal two to terminal one. You would need a up to an hour to do this walk. (including long security check line). When you fly into Rome you go into terminal one and can exit there. When we finally got to gate the staff insisted on taking carry-on bags from some people (but not all) because the flight was full. In the end the overhead lockers were half empty but some people had a long wait for their luggage. Aer Lingus need to improve their ground facilities in Rome and move the check in desk to terminal one adjacent to the gate.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  9 April 2015 by Fang Jun    (China)

From London to Dublin. The short haul flight was on time. Take-off and landing were very smooth. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful. Ground staff at Heathrow should improve their skills. She asked me to check-in my big suitcase at the boarding gate because she could not print the luggage tag for me - it was too late. I went back to the check-in counter at the time she announced. Finally I was stopped by security due to the liquid in my big suitcase. I missed the flight and I was o/b the next flight.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  4 April 2015 by A Adams    (UK)

Travelled MCO-DUB with an infant. Check in all ok at the airport, but once on the plane, the partner of the man seated next to me in row 2 made a huge fuss about my son (who was sitting quietly and minding his own business) being in the cabin, to which the female crew member replied 'I agree, but there's nothing I can do about it'. The other male crew member was 'too busy' to bring an infant lap belt once the doors had closed, and I was offered neither a drink or a meal. Really poor service, added to an outdated seat, I wouldn't recommend Aer Lingus.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  4 April 2015 by R Daalen    (USA)

Boston to Dublin on March 18, flight EI 0138 and Dublin to New York on March 30, flight EI 0105. What a bunch of cold flight attendants. I have never experienced anything like it. A smile must cost them a million or cause them a lot of pain. Maybe it's these ugly uniforms. The service is minimal with one meal on a transatlantic flight and most of the flight you could not find the flight attendants other than in the galley. I have also never experienced a flight with so many passengers with bladder problems. Of course they don't go to the airport bathrooms, to them it is much nicer to go in the plane, so minutes after take-off they start to go and go and go. Make sure you sit far away from the bathrooms or better yet, fly a better airline.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  4 April 2015 by Caroline Foley    (Canada)

We flew from Ireland with our 9 month old baby and I was 29 weeks pregnant the staff were great, we had flown to Ireland with a different carrier but because of the lack of facilities for our little one we decided to let our return trip expire and book new flights with Aer Lingus, there is nothing bad I can say about this airline, they make you feel comfortable and were so good with our little one, we were even given a bassinet for him to sleep in. I highly recommend to anyone with small children.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  31 March 2015 by D Crowley    (Ireland)

29 March 2015. I was booked to go YYZ-DUB yesterday. Flight was cancelled. I checked in at 3pm and left the airport at 12.15am after being added to same flight today. Checked in today at 3pm, the line was packed with passengers enough for two flights. The staff checked in all but 9 of us who happened to be from yesterday's cancelled flight. A long time later, they managed a flight to London Heathrow tonight with Air Canada boarding at 10.40 pm. I'm going to arrive in Heathrow at 11am and board an Aer Lingus flight for Dublin arriving at 2.45 tomorrow. I'm really not sure what to do when travel goes pear-shaped, but Aer Lingus oversold the flights, and nine of us, unrelated and obviously not aggressive or over-assertive, ended up in a horrendous nightmare. I've spent two day times in Pearson airport.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  25 March 2015 by P Humphrey    (USA)

Flew back from Dublin to Orlando on a less than satisfactory airplane (previously used by Iberia Airlines). The plane was very cramped with seats very close to the seats in front, the width of the seats were very narrow! My seat didn't recline at all. It was loose and broken. The staff were rude and inefficient etc.. All this hell on an 8.5 hour journey at least.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  25 March 2015 by K Waterstone    (UK)

I fly LGW-DUB-LGW every fortnight. The crew are always extremely friendly considering it is 06.50am and 20.50 on the return. The service is great and they always smile & welcome everyone on board, unlike the other Irish airline. However one major concern, from the end of March '15, the 06.50 flight will cease to operate and the first flight of the day to Dublin will be at 09.10 which is useless for those of us going to work in Dublin.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  20 March 2015 by C Lynch    (UK)

Flew Dublin Boston with 3 month old, two year old and husband. Having informed infant travelling and confirmed bassinet seat, boarded plane to be told sorry not bassinet row after all. Plane change the previous evening and row numbering differed with new aircraft and bassinet rows were not allocated appropriately for new aircraft. We were lucky that kind passengers (with no accompanying infants) eventually gave up their bassinet row seats. Contacted Aer Lingus before the return leg of the journey to request bassinet row for the journey home - customer service response was poor in relation to the matter. When we checked in on flight home and we requested to be sat together if possible, we were informed there were four children travelling in bassinet seats and my husband would have to sit in row behind me (my 3 month old) and my two year old. We were fine with this as we understood priority to be given to adults with accompanying infants but once we boarded flight, it became obvious one bassinet row occupied by 2 infants (our row) and the other bassinet row given to adults with no accompanying infants. It would have made our trip home a little easier to have been seated together as anyone with children knows. We travelled from the UK to Dublin to support Irish company but we will not fly with Aer Lingus again. Previous travel for us with British Airways to US was predictable and turned out to be superior. It is a pity.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  20 March 2015 by R Chalmers    (UK)

Economy flight return from Dublin to New York. No complaints about either flight. Both departed on time. Arrival in New York as a 'domestic' passenger is a real bonus. Flight out was on an Airbus with a 2-4-2 configuration which was nice. Return flight was on a 757 with an Air Contractors Shannon based crew (according to the announcement). Seating was not as good but as it was less than 6hrs back, not an issue. Entertainment channels were fine. Food served was perfectly acceptable.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  17 March 2015 by S Tegtmeier    (Germany)

Flights FRA-DUB return. Overall a good experience with Aer Lingus. Flights were on time, seat comfort ok and staff very good. Food and drinks only for purchase, but prices are fair and quality is good. Had a pre-ordered Irish breakfast on my flight to Dublin, which was very good. Only minus was the cleanliness at my seat on the return flight to Frankfurt, my table was full of chocolate and the window was dirty too.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  4 March 2015 by G Rowand    (USA)

Overall, surprisingly a great experience - emphasis on the surprise. Flying Boston to Edinburgh, with a layover in Dublin. Checked in online, was almost immediately sent an email and text informing me my flight was delayed 40 minutes. Arrive at the airport and am continuously informed of further delays. The plane was late getting in and they flipped it as quickly as they could, somehow managing to get fresh blankets and pillows in every seat, although they did not have time to get fresh headsets on board before takeoff. By the time we got off the ground, we were 2 hours behind schedule. Despite this, we were informed that we would only be half an hour behind schedule due to favorable weather. This was not the case, we were over an hour late. Upon arrival in Dublin, almost everyone on the plane were given tickets for new flights, since literally all of us missed our connections due to the delays. I was booked on the next flight out of Dublin (which was still a 5 hour wait), and given vouchers in 5 euro increments for breakfast as compensation for the inconvenience. Everyone with whom I spoke during the delay, the confusion, and the ticket transferring was absolutely a joy, seriously one of the best customer service experiences I have had while flying. The food on the flight was great for airline food, and in the course of a 5 hour flight we were given a beverage and snack service, dinner, coffee/tea, and morning juice. For the price, you really just can't beat it.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Wang    (USA)

Dublin to JFK. The pre US clearance actually makes the flights more confusing as you have to give yourself over 2 hours to clear that area then find the appropriate gate. This is NOT printed on your boarding card and the distances in this airport are lengthy. Business class desk woman was extremely rude and so were the 2 customer service desk attendees that I dealt with to change my flight. Internet has never worked on these flights for me, my vegetarian requests have been missed 4 out of 5 times and the general level of Irish customer service is extremely low. They speak to you as if it is a privilege to pay them to fly with them. Do not fly with Aer Lingus if you need to ask a representative for anything. They are understaffed and the employees are not helpful in general. Fend for yourself with this cheap airline.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  18 February 2015 by D O'Sullivan    (Ireland)

DUB-JFK - December 2014. Third time flying Business with EI, most flights are economy and this was a treat for our wedding anniversary. From Dublin - check in efficient, lounge pleasant, US immigration took minutes. Boarded first and welcomed with a glass of champagne. Crew chatty and attentive. Lovely meal and a few hours sleep on the near flat beds. I understand this year they will move to fully flat. Arrive in JFK as a domestic passenger so seamless to public transport or a cab. Flying back was excellent too. Slept most of the flight. Crew in good spirits but not as good as the crew out on the 17th (4pm flight). Overall top marks.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Ian Gallagher    (Ireland)

SNN-BOS: I booked the flight on the Aer Lingus website and the cost was very reasonable. Check in was quick and efficient in less than 5 minutes, same with security and US Immigration, which is a real bonus. The flight was operated by Air Contractors for Aer Lingus 757, which is a smaller aircraft to the traditional A330 Aer lingus used to use on the route. I chose to sit in the back cabin of the aircraft, as most people were sitting up at the front and the middle of the aircraft, the few of us at the back had a row of three seats each. The seat pitch was fine (and mush better compared to the Qantas A380, which I was on two weeks prior). The pre order meal is well worth the extra money, especially for the west bound flight, it includes wine and has proper cutlery and is served on porcelain and the meal is served individually before the standard meals. In-flight entertainment was touch screen (there was no remote and the head sets is plugged into the side of the screen) with a good choice of movies: there are some new releases and a good few classic movies, with the usual array of sitcoms, music and the in-flight map. Crew were friendly and professional throughout the flight, chatting with the passengers throughout the service. There was a small snack of a large flapjack with tea or coffee before landing. Overall a good service, comfortable aircraft (despite the smaller size of the 757 there was a nice area near the aft restrooms to stretch your legs), good seat pitch (I am 6 ft) and it is well worth upgrading your meal.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  21 January 2015 by G Mcgrath    (Ireland)

Flew DUB-SFO. Staff very attentive and polite. Booked Skydine, well worth doing, plentiful and tasty. Seats a little cramped. Blankets were not fresh! Return trip, bathrooms a little tardy, breakfast orange juice and snack dispensed with rather quickly by over enthusiastic young staff, but will definitely use them again. Overall, staff pleasant, will use again.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Pidlaoan Christian    (Canada)

EI 634, 1 Jan, DUB-BRU. I flew with Aer Lingus for the first time on New Year's Day and found cabin is clean with very basic in-flight facilities as no drop-down video screen, buy on board food and no newspapers but departed and landed on time.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  14 January 2015 by N Murphy    (Ireland)

City break to (CDG) Paris just before Christmas. Friendly crew who handled the flight in an efficient no nonsense manner. Both legs departed and arrived in time. Approx 75% full with a mix of business, leisure and Disney visitors. Buy on board food is reasonably priced and the pre-order Irish breakfast was delicious. Fare was just 100 return. Recommended.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Sean Leonard    (Ireland)

EI 774/775, Dublin-Agadir-Dublin. Travelled 20 December - aircraft named the St Albert, found the crew in both directions excellent. However, the aircraft was old, grubby and very tired looking it seems to be used on "leisure" destinations (a bit like the old charter style operations) the seat pitch is definitely narrower than their other aircraft and there was no seat pockets, I'm accustomed to not having them on Ryanair and don't mind but on a 4 hour flight it's awkward. Ordered pre-order meals - they were ok, I'm still not a fan of Clodagh McKennas inflight menu, but it filled the gap. Unless you are in the 1st 3 rows they don't generally have much left when they come around. As I had booked wheelchair assistance for my mother I wasn't surprised that on arrival Swissport who do the handling do not have any lifts to take the passengers off the flight, this is a regular occurrence at Agadir, out of Aer LIngus's remit I reckon. Overall Aer Lingus is continually good.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  11 January 2015 by M Burgess    (UK)

I often travel with Aer Lingus from Belfast City to Gatwick and have also flown to Portugal with them as well. The flights are always on time, staff polite and very helpful. I'm not a fan of flying, long or short journeys, but I enjoy the experience with Aer Lingus.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  5 January 2015 by J O'Sullivan    (Ireland)

JFK-DUB - First time flying Aer Lingus transatlantic and being Irish was looking forward to the service having previously flown Delta, BA and Air France. I have to say I was pretty disappointed. It may be a good service to those who haven't flown other airlines long haul. I found the seats cramped and uncomfortable. The PTV touchscreen was very unresponsive. They went around and gave one measly plastic cup of soft drink and advised those who wanted to "buy" wine for dinner they better do so now. Dinner arrived around an hour later (way too late as on a night flight everyone wants to get some sleep). By the time dinner came everyone had obviously finished their drinks and couldn't get another one with their dinner. The cabin crew didn't look too happy. When dinner was handed out and rubbish collected they disappeared for the rest of the flight. No water, nothing. In comparison I flew Delta out and they were miles better, complimentary wine with dinner (and a second and third if you wanted it). They came around with free drinks very soon after take off and dinner promptly after that. They served drinks with dinner and were very attentive throughout the rest of the flight handing out refreshments. They were also very friendly. I will not fly Aer Lingus transatlantic anymore when there are much better options. Management really need to look at what the competition are offering, charging for things and being scabby on long flights is not really on in this day and age.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  29 December 2014 by G Lynskey    (New Zealand)

Recently travelled to Ireland via Heathrow on ANZ then partner airline Midland to Dublin. After 2 very enjoyable weeks in Ireland travelled Dublin to Edinburgh with a party of 20 on Aer Lingus. 16 had an extra bag booked and all those were well underweight. One person had an extra bag, not overweight but not booked for which the additional charge was 320 euros. This was negotiated down to 270 euros and we were advised that the charge would have been wiped had we flown into Ireland using Aer Lingus. To put the extra charge in perspective the price of a return ticket plus bag on the net that day was 119 euros. This experience detracted from our visit and does not seem a good way to engender goodwill towards the airline.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  22 December 2014 by P Wright    (USA)

First time Aer Lingus trip. SFO to DUB (and back, this is a review of both trips). Ticket was over 1000USD, so I was very surprised that drinks and snacks were not free, except soft drinks and a tiny bag of pretzels. I have never experienced this on an international flight before. Food was pretty bad, mostly tasteless slop for the main meal, and an insulting muffin and coffee/tea for "afternoon tea", which was literally thrown at some people. We could watch movies/TV free, but the headset quality was atrocious, we couldn't hear clearly (same for announcements, which could be a safety hazard). I switched to my own headset, so I can confirm that this was an airline problem. Attendants were inattentive - on the night time outbound trip they disappeared, so no water could be had overnight (there was no-one at the back of the plane). They were also curt and unsmiling - except when I tried to board, when they stopped the passengers immediately ahead of me and went into a whole "Irish" routine which went on for a while. The waiting masses were rolling their eyes at this. The seat-belt sign was on the whole trip, so in the end we just ignored it. All in all, I will try to avoid Aer Lingus from now on.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  18 December 2014 by K Small    (UK)

Glasgow to Dublin on Friday returned Sunday. Booked and paid for seats at the front of the plane only to find that the only exit is at the back. Not a major issue but annoying plus a complete waste of money on what was already an expensive flight. Delay on way back as gate was late opening, all kept waiting at gate in absolutely freezing conditions. Cabin staff on way out were very friendly and gave lots of great advice on shopping in Dublin.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R Singletary    (UK)

LHR-DUB-LGW, was pretty good both ways with the outbound being delayed and inbound arriving early. Flight staff were always very nice and welcoming. Since this was a short flight, the low-cost carrier side of the airline revealed itself quite a bit. Didn't experience any problems and would definitely fly with them again.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Zafrullah Hamzah    (Ireland)

Dublin to Paris CDG return. I paid for a flexible ticket which costs more than twice the ordinary fare. By right this should be equivalent to business class fare. However Aer Lingus operates an economy only seating on this route. It used to include 2 checked bangs of 20 kgs each. Not anymore as you only get one 20kg bag now. With this fare you get lounge access but you still have to purchase food and drinks on the plane. Outbound flight was largely ok. On the return trip I was very annoyed to discover that the overhead bin was full and as I was on seat 1C there was no front seat I could put my small carry on luggage under. Eventually the stewardess managed to squeeze it in an overhead bin above the seat behind. I find this unacceptable as obviously no proper checks were carried out allowing people to carry disproportionately more stuff on board and thus depriving others from getting their fare share of space. It irritated me even more that I had paid over the odds to discover that there was no space for my small carry on luggage above my seat. I have to agree with strict policies regarding carry on luggage as is with Ryanair. I guess I will still continue flying Aer Lingus as there are not too many options on this route but Aer Lingus should probably have a small business class cabin so that those who pay more get that bit more for the extra they fork out for their ticket. Alas I am unlikely to see this in my lifetime. In summary I think the worst thing an airline can do is combining a low cost approach while still charging extra for which you don't get much more. If Aer Lingus wants to be a real low cost airline that's fine but don't charge more and give nothing much in return.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  25 November 2014 by J German    (Spain)

I recently flew Aer Lingus from Malaga to Dublin and then on to San Francisco again with Aer Lingus from Dublin the following day. I have never flown with Aer Lingus before but cannot fault either the flights or their customer service. We booked the enhanced meals on our return flights from Dublin to San Francisco and my only comment would be that although the outgoing meals were superb the incoming meals appeared to have been a little overcooked. Without exception all flights left on time and arrived early.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  12 November 2014 by D O'Connor    (Ireland)

Flew EI111. Service I will admit was bad. I fly maybe 4 times a year with Aer Lingus on its European network and some people need to remember that we sadly have left the era of luxury air travel like the Great Swissair. Even flag carriers now have to cut costs. What you pay for on Aer Lingus is very cheap for the service compared to another low cost Irish airline.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  31 October 2014 by B Ellis    (UK)

We travelled Newcastle-Dublin-Chicago early October and chose Aer Lingus because of the option to do Immigration in Dublin. What a disappointment. At US Immigration in Dublin we were handed Customs Forms. The guy handing them out had no idea what they were for or who had to fill them in. The Immigration process, however, was fairly straightforward and much quicker than we've experienced in the US. Once on board, what a disappointment. We waited almost two hours before the flight attendants came around with the drinks trolley. They only came around once in an eight hour flight. And we had to pay for the drinks. This is the first time we've had to do this on a Transatlantic flight. They never came around with complimentary water or juice. I asked the attendant for some water, which she brought to me, but when the lady in front asked for water she was told they'd stopped serving drinks!! Lunch was pretty grim and afternoon tea was a flapjack - pretty hard to swallow when you're thirsty! On a positive note, when we landed in Chicago, we collected our luggage and were on our way pretty quickly. The return, overnight, flight was no better, then our flight from Dublin to Newcastle was delayed because of an incident in Dublin airport. We were sitting in a very cold aircraft for over an hour. The pilot said he would start the engines to warm the plane up - the propellors turned twice! When we got home I had a query and needed to speak to Customer Service. I filled in a Customer Service form - 4 weeks later I'm still waiting for a response.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Alan Wan    (UK)

LHR to DUB. Flew out of T2. As a Gold Circle member I used the lounge. The views and ambience is far superior to the old T1 lounge, but the food is still pretty pathetic, the exception being the coffee - there is a machine as well as a percolator. The flight was fine, with one exception the seat pitch was incredibly tight. This is a refurbished plane with the magazine rack at eye level. I am only 5ft 4" but I still found the space very tight.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Norman Lezotte    (USA)

October 16. Business Class, Orlando to Dublin and economy class connecting to Amsterdam. It is difficult to fault this airline. The quality and attitude of the flight attendants is remarkable. This was true even on the connecting economy flight to Amsterdam despite the seating being very tight and the flight was packed. Flights departed and left on time. Boarding was more chaotic as patrons waited while families with infants and those in wheelchairs boarded early but brought with them large extended families as well to take advantage of the early boarding. October 25, the return flight from Amsterdam only allows check in with KLM but Aer Lingus passengers find out too late that they cannot print boarding passes from the hotel but only at blue KLM machines in the airport. On return to Orlando, in the time it took to walk for the gate to baggage Aer Lingus already had the bags on the conveyor belt. Now that's a first.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Joan Doherty    (UK)

For an international carrier, it must rate as the poorest value. The audacity of them to charge for alcoholic beverages, and the gall of them to recommend you spend 18 odd on what they call a decent meal, when most national carriers provide the same free. I was travelling with some friends from Australia and they were taken aback by the frugality of the meals and beverages. Not my favourite airline, and would only travel with them if it was absolutely necessary. As the Irish have a habit of mimicking every other country don't know why they cannot take this on board.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Donal O'Connell    (UK)

3/10/14, London Heathrow to Dublin, Flight EI155. I am fed up with the Aer Lingus bashing on this site. Whilst conceding that I am Irish, and could be accused of bias, on the number of occasions over the last few years I have flown with Aer Lingus I can truthfully say that the overall service has been outstanding. Flight delays are usually outside the control of the airline. The crews, without exception, have been warm, friendly and totally professional. I have enjoyed flying with Aer Lingus and look forward to doing so again.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  28 October 2014 by S Alabere    (UK)

Flew CWL-DUB-JFK and YYZ-DUB-CWL business class. Had the opportunity to bid for upgrade which we did and was accepted. The flight from CWL was on Stobart Air, new plane and surprisingly quite a bit of leg room and seat comfort. We chose this route so we could clear immigration in DUB, which was very easy to do and then sit in the BC lounge until ready to fly. The trip over was great, comfortable seats which laid flat, wi-fi, 5 course meal on real plates and a tasty snack before we landed. The cabin crew were delightful, nothing was too much trouble. The IFE was ok, I mainly listened to music which had some great artists on there and some relatively new releases. I did not watch a film as I was too busy playing email tag with friends taking advantage of the wi-fi. Arrived at JFK on time and breezed through the terminal to collect luggage and to meet our waiting transfer. Return journey YYZ-DUB-CWL. Business lounge in YYZ airport is run by KLM, massive lounge with great selection of food and drinks. The return plane was a different configuration and older so BC was not as comfortable in my opinion. There were only 12 seats and 2 were empty, we were in row 1 and the screen for the IFE was so far away I could barely see it. One member of staff to care for our needs, she was rather offhand and sourfaced, not like that smilers we had coming over. Dinner was served, it was ok but not to the standard of the outward flight and the seats were not as comfortable due to the fact that when you did use the recline/lie flat you were placed at an angle that made you feel as if you were about to slide on the floor. During the flight I asked for a cup of coffee (I dont sleep) and she said, I will be serving breakfast in 30 minutes would you like yours now, I said no, just the coffee. When she served breakfast she did not give me mine, so had to ask when she replied "oh, you said you did not want breakfast". When we arrived at DUB we had to go through security again despite having just gotten off a plane and only being in transit. Due to the plane being slightly late we only had 15mins to get to our gate. Our bags were scrutinised and my friends duty free was checked to see if the seal had been broken and the receipt matched with the label. Very irritating, we did end up being slightly late to our gate (we had our boarding passes) but it was stress we could have done without. The flight back to CWL was with Stobart Air, packed but no problems. All in all, not bad for the price we paid as the outward journey balanced the return.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  28 October 2014 by L Barron    (USA)

I flew from Chicago O'Hare to Dublin and from Dublin to Amsterdam and Amsterdam back to Dublin and Dublin back to O'Hare and I must say I was pleased with the airline. The food was good, the entertainment was good and the leg room on the flights was great. Only issue I did have was from Amsterdam to Dublin because we arrived 30 minutes left and nearly missed our connecting flight from Dublin to O'Hare, however we made it on time with all of our belongings. Will definitely use Aer Lingus again on any future trips to Ireland.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Tony Donovan    (Ireland)

Kerry-Dublin-Kerry on 14th October. Flight is Aer Lingus Regional operated by Stobart Air. Flights departed and arrived on time and were relatively smooth. Transit through Kerry and Dublin airports (with no luggage) was easy. The aircraft was uncomfortably hot during the early morning flight from Kerry. Food was dreadful - a rock hard scone from 'Clodagh's Kitchen'. Not Clodagh's best bake! These are relatively minor, though easily resolved quibbles in what is a very useful service.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  23 October 2014 by B Phillips    (UK)

Used the BHX-DUB flight taking about an hour, and just wanted to say what a pleasant experience it was compared to the competition on this route. No check-in queue or problems even though I was late due to a delayed train. A relaxed and pleasant experience throughout. No being herded onto stairwells so that the airline can stick to its tight schedules - just walked straight onto the plane after a short wait. The plane itself was a newish ATR 72-600 with an easy-on-the-eye light grey/blue interior - not the oppressive yellow and blue of the competition. Also no jarring announcements or being pestered to buy scratch cards. National carriers are also often a small window on the country to which you are travelling, so it was nice to have staff that were actually Irish. Terminal 2 in Dublin is also much easier than T1. A relaxing experience and good all round - well worth the extra few euros (although actually cheaper than FR for this particular trip).

Aer Lingus Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Patrick Watson    (USA)

We recently flew Aer Lingus from Chicago to Dublin and we can now say that we have a new favorite airline. Flights were on time, luggage problems were non-existent and the staff was great.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  23 October 2014 by L Barron    (USA)

Aer Lingus Customer review :  13 October 2014 by C O'Neill    (UK)

Flew from Belfast City Airport to Palma. The flight was delayed on the way out although it was confirmed that this was due to the airport the plane was leaving to come to Belfast to pick us up, and in the end it was only just over an hour due to a speedy turn around by Aer Lingus staff. The aircraft was clean and tidy and not at all tired looking, a good job especially given the short turnaround time that staff had. Flight was comfortable with a decent enough level of leg room, although the cabin did feel a little hot on both out and inbound flights. The food selection was decent and of a standard a little higher than I would have normally expected although perhaps in the grander scheme of things like most airlines a little pedestrian. The return flight was much the same, no problems and nothing to further stress my wife and I while travelling with our toddler for her first time on a plane. Also, a few days after landing I contacted Aer Lingus as we seemed to have misplaced a new pair of shoes we had bought in Palma airport for our daughter. Usually some airlines are impossible to deal with after the fact, however Aer Lingus were helpful and really gave the impression they went the extra mile to see if they could locate our misplaced shoes.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  13 October 2014 by John Richardson    (USA)

Aer Lingus Flight 111 from Shannon to JFK on 1 Oct 2014. We found the flight attendants to be aloof and unprofessional. Several passengers asked for different things and the flight attendants would just "yes" them, but never followed through with their requests. It was like they were playing a game - just yes them and don't deliver. Will look for alternate airlines on future flights. I have been flying for over 30 years and never experienced anything like this before.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Drew Charlotte    (USA)

The flight from JFK to DUB was good, the food was very nice, however the entertainment is very lacking compared to other carriers - old choices and not a big selection. On the return trip, the cabin was freezing and delayed by an hour, food wasn't good on way back and entertainment was the same.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  6 October 2014 by A Clarke    (Ireland)

Two flights, the first EI 564 DUB-BCN and the other EI 739 PMI-DUB. The first took off late due to the late arrival of the aircraft, which was the truth (refreshingly) as the aircraft only arrived 20mins before we were due to depart but the time was made up with a fairly quick two hour flight to BCN. Not a full flight so we had space to move and didn't have the usual cabin baggage issues. Took the cabin crew a while to get going with inflight service but they had everything we asked for. The crew were nice if a little robotic. Plane wasn't spotless but they were in a hurry to go again so understandable (it wasn't filthy either). The flight back was packed and the airport in Palma is awful, one of the warmest airports I've set foot in. The usual issues with pax and their cabin baggage, while this is not the fault of the crew it should be dealt with or pax should know how to stow their luggage efficiently. It seems to rather aggravate the cabin crew that they are reduced to baggage handlers and rightly too. Otherwise there were similar crew-bots to the ones on the way over. Did everything by the book and kept the lights low for anyone who wanted to sleep. As per usual, the bags took an age to arrive and this seems to be quite a regular occurrence now. But as an experience but flights were absolutely fine and pretty good value for money.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Jackson David    (Spain)

Booking experience is horrific. We've flown with this airline 8 times this year and each time there are many mistakes in the booking process. Their website is worse than useless, it throws a litany of errors and seemingly holding parts of your information input which confounds the website next time you access it. This last booking it lost seat reservations and despite many emails are unable to get a simple request like sitting together right. They charge for meals and don't provide them. Onboard all is well, nice friendly staff on clean planes. Food is just acceptable. Best way is take your own and have a picnic. All our flights have been on time. Avoiding massive queues on arrival in US having immigration in Dublin makes flying to the US better than any other route. Advice? Book early and be prepared for a slow process.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7