Aer Lingus Passenger Reviews and Aer Lingus Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

Aer Lingus Customer review :  30 August 2013 by Jordan Morgan    (UK)

I flew from Manchester to Dublin (MAN-DUB) and Dublin to Manchester (DUB-MAN) with Aer Lingus. I did not experience any problems. The cabin crew and gate staff seemed okay, but the onboard food and drink was a little overpriced. Overall, I was quite satisfied with the service delivered by Aer Lingus for my short flight to Dublin and back, I would travel with Aer Lingus again.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  30 August 2013 by Alan Damian    (Belgium)

Flew Dublin - Amsterdam. Despite having bought the ticket with KLM's Flying Blue programme number, I was forced to pay extra fee for my luggage. Staff very unfriendly even when I asked for such a standard thing like having my own personal copy of inflight magazine. My luggage got lost. Interior of airplanes shabby.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  5 August 2013 by J Mitchell    (UK)

Having flown several times with Aer Lingus decided to upgrade to their Business Class cabin from Manchester to Chicago via Dublin. Flight transfer is very easy to navigate in Dublin, and on this flight you actually pre-clear US customs in Dublin which is an added bonus. Business Class cabin extremely spacious on the A330, and you are warmly greeted with a nice amenity kit, bottled water and champagne. Business Class dining is superb and well worth the upgrade cost in itself with a good choice of entrees. Service includes hot canapés, salad and main, cheese and biscuits together with a choice of desserts. You won't go hungry! Cabin crew are attentive, and if you require extra refreshments you only have to ask. On return to Dublin you also get continental breakfast. Seats are comfortable, and fully adjustable to how you want. There are extra buttons in the arm rest which allows you to individually control different parts of the seat including massage. IFE good, although they seemed to have dimmed the brightness of the screen recently so you may need to close the window blind to watch. Overall great experience and have already booked Business Class for my next trip to Boston in October.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  5 August 2013 by Cian Kelly    (Ireland)

Have flown Aer Lingus nearly every year. Every flight I have flown is excellent. My most recent was from Milan Linate to Dublin. Flight was on time and all went smooth with luggage etc. All members of staff were helpful and accommodating. Food was good for aeroplane standard and was reasonably priced for being on a plane. Seats and leg space are excellent for economy class. I am once again flying with Aer Lingus in 2 weeks time to Lisbon from the excellent Dublin airport terminal 2. It is a brand new terminal. A great value airline.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  22 July 2013 by P McDermott    (UK)

Mixed business and economy between Manchester and Boston. Staff provided warm professional service - first rate. Experience from check-in to baggage claim was hassle free. Business class food was great - much better than expected. Seat was very comfortable. Really good value for money - certainly will fly with them again.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  15 July 2013 by Alexandra Basekic    (UK)

Took a short haul from Glasgow to Dublin and a long-haul from Dublin to Boston. Flights were on time and boarding was well-organized. The seats were comfortable, but everything looked tired and not exactly pristine. IFE is nearly impossible to use as the touch-screens wouldn't respond to pressure. The meal was okay (biryani chicken), though the piece of meat was about as big as an eraser. The flight attendants (save for one very nice girl) were sulky and bored and made us all feel like we were cattle. As we left the plane, the cabin attendant didn't even look up into our faces when she said goodbye. In a nutshell, the price was good, but the service was shocking, given the generally warm nature of all the Irish folk I know. Most peculiar.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  4 July 2013 by O Sull    (UK)

London Heathrow - ORK. Fly regularly on this route - such a great alternative to other low cost airlines. Flight took off from London early and arrived early and same for the return. Cabin crew friendly and attentive throughout the flight. Food for purchase was good value and tasty. I have flown over 20 times with Aer Lingus and never had a bad experience. Assigned seating, comfortable seats and great crew - makes flying a breeze.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Garon Bloom    (UK)

Flew to Dublin from Heathrow, outbound flight was delayed by an hour, return journey the next day was delayed because the first officer was late, he arrived, they then decided he'd flown too many hours in the day and left. A 7.20pm arrival became a 8.45pm arrival.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  17 June 2013 by Chris Rolinson    (UK)

BHX-DUB day return, 15 June 2013. As a fearful flyer trying to overcome it, this was a pair of practice flights for me. Flight attendants could not have been more helpful and supportive, especially as they are really busy on short flight. A320s were great, and though it was a gusty crosswind day for landings, never felt anything but safe and supported. One attendant even provided me with some extra reading material in case I needed it to help distract me and even bought me a drink from the trolley! Was not expecting such above and beyond service. Do airlines realise how much of a good impression caring cabin crew give? Will definitely be flying with this airline again!

Aer Lingus Customer review :  11 June 2013 by Donald Campbell    (Australia)

Edinburgh to Dublin. A one hour flight. My luggage was left in Edinburgh. There was little in the way of service or concern and I was left with the impression that this happens on a regular basis.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  3 June 2013 by Tom Holt    (UK)

April 2nd 2013, Economy. BHX-DUB. This was my seventh flight with Aer Lingus, and again they didn't disappoint. The cabin crew were excellent, very friendly, helpful and caring. The aircraft was an A320 and was clean and smart, with the seats having good legroom and comfort. The flight was slightly late but the Captain was very informative and gave full route details. I can't comment on the food and beverages as I had none. Overall this flight was very comfortable.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  1 June 2013 by L Theys    (USA)

Four flights Boston to Dublin, Dublin to Milan, Milan to Dublin and Dublin to Boston. Short leg flights were okay. Just 2 hours although we didn't see much of the crew and surprised that the only refreshment available on board had to be purchased. Long haul legs were another story. Incredibly disorganized "mob boarding" in Boston. Flight crew on outbound leg were quite grumpy and unfriendly. I had pre-ordered a vegetarian special meal with an allergy requirement. They got the allergy, but not the veg part and I was presented with a hunk of chicken, which the flight attendant said she thought was "Just a bit of tofu." Offered cheese and crackers. Returning, I had called to make sure I got a suitable dinner. Well, they had one, but I heard them give it to the woman behind me. I had to explain to her that she had my food and get it back. On the return flight, a flight attendant came with a big bag of blankets, tossed the bag into the corner, ripped the bag open and said not one word to anyone. No hot drinks available in the first round of service. Dinner trays stayed around far too long. On the return leg, the promised "afternoon tea service" was delayed and was basically thrown at us. After we landed, there was no attention from the crew. I've been flying internationally for nearly 50 years and have taken a lot of airlines and never seen anything quite like this.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  29 May 2013 by J Nunn    (Ireland)

Traveled with Aer lingus in May 2013 from London to Belfast City. Aer Lingus were punctual as I have always found on this route and the staff were pleasant enough. A major complaint is the terrible leg room their Airbus 319's which they received from Iberia. These aircraft are only just bearable for a shorter journey. I also found there to be too many in flight announcements selling food and goods. British Airways is the alternate option on this route and whilst their punctuality is not as good as Aer Lingus - every other feature is.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  28 May 2013 by J Knack    (USA)

We flew Boston Logan to Dublin, and Shannon to Boston on Aer Lingus. It was our first experience on this airline and we were very pleased. The planes were A330-200s and were clean and in good condition. Very good entertainment choices. Food was standard airline fare. I didn't order the upgraded meal because I didn't think it would be any better, but from comments that I've heard next time I probably will next time. Flight attendants were friendly.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  28 May 2013 by E Metcalfe    (UK)

Had a disappointing start to our holiday! Delayed 2 hours from Manchester to Dublin, no one kept us updated and when we got on the aircraft it was filthy! Never flown with Aer Lingus before and don't plan on flying with them again!

Aer Lingus Customer review :  20 May 2013 by D Fawcett    (Ireland)

On the Dublin to Chicago flight on the Friday returning Tuesday late afternoon. Nothing bad at all outbound, on time departure and arrival, flight crew were excellent, ordered the "Extra " menu for Euro and it was worth every penny. Flight back you cannot order the extra menu which is a great shame, again the flight crew were open, friendly and very professional - flight left late and arrived very early. Couldn't fault them at all - spot on. Well done to Aer Lingus.

1 2 3 4 5 6