Aer Lingus Passenger Reviews and Aer Lingus Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

Aer Lingus Customer review :  4 November 2013 by Nick Serpell    (UK)

DUB-ORD and return. Both flights on Airbus 330-300. Seating seemed tight in both width and legroom compared with other airlines we have used. We booked their so called Choice seats for which we paid extra but there is no real advantage to this other than you get to board with business class. Aer Lingus offers the facility to pre-order better quality meals and I would definitely recommend doing this. Much better than the normal economy offer and you get free wine. The service on the flight out was exemplary. They had lost my wife's pre-booked meal but rustled her up a business class meal and gave us extra wine to compensate. Film choice is not nearly as good as we have experienced on Far East airlines and, very annoyingly, they truncated the film service towards the end of the flight to show a video for their pet charity which they had already screened at the start of the flight. Big bonus being able to clear US customs in Dublin so arrive at Chicago as domestic passengers. On the flight back they woke us up three hours after serving dinner for a cheese roll at 3.30am Suggest they abandon this idea and let people sleep a bit longer. Overall it was as good as economy gets on European airlines although not anything like as good as the likes of Singapore and Malaysia. Would fly with them again.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  28 October 2013 by A Foley    (Ireland)

DUB-DUS-DUB. Outbound flight light load had breakfast not bad value and quite tasty. Remote stand in DUS but efficient transfer via bus so no complaints. So return last night full flight (215 people). Departure at 9.20pm. At about 8.30 at gate announcement made asking everyone to go downstairs collect bags and exit for bus transfer to Cologne where our aircraft was! Turns out curfew at Dussledorf means no jet aircraft after 10pm. Inbound flight was delayed which would have prevented a departure prior to 10 resulting in an overnight. All handled pretty well to the point that obviously this was not the first time this happened! Bit of a pain back through security etc in Cologne and people who had bought duty free in Dussledorf had some issues. Ended up arriving in Dublin at 1am about 3 hrs late. Flight itself fine. My only comment is on one attendant. Few German lads in row opposite me having a few drinks. A bit spirited but nothing to bother anyone. In fact the young attendant on board had a few laughs with them chatting about best pubs to go to in Dublin. Then as other attendant passing they were a bit loud and I noticed her giving them a hard stare. I travel a lot and know when people are behaving in a poor manner but not in this case. She had a furious look the whole trip. Ok so like the rest of us on a Friday night not impressed running so late but we were all in the same boat and I thought the passengers were remarkably stoic and took it all on the chin.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  28 October 2013 by J Fox    (Ireland)

Dublin - New York, Oct 26th: Early start for flight to NYC on EI105 "St. Patrick". Booked flight 6mts in advance for a hugely competitive 440 return. Major plus is clearing U.S. Immigration and Customs at T2 and hassle-free, seamless arrival at T5 at JFK. Aircraft spotlessly clean, new and unworn. Entered fleet in 2010 only. PTV screens were great with excellent documentaries, although choice of good movies limited. Staff professional and efficient. Pilot is provided plenty of weather and routing information. Chose the pre-ordered chicken meal which I would highly recommend doing. Head and shoulders above the standard economy meal. Overall an excellent flight and experience. Could in no way fault.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  28 October 2013 by T Donovan    (Ireland)

Dublin to Frankfurt. Departed a little late but arrived in time. Comfortable flight (not full). Good and pleasant service from the cabin crew. Decent selection of food and drinks for sale. Overall, cannot fault it and the price was very reasonable.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Sean Leonard    (Ireland)

EI775, Agadir - Dublin, 12th October. Normally full of praise for Aer Lingus, there seems to a general problem with inflight catering with Aer Lingus lately. They heavily advertise their new "pre-booked meal service", this is the 2nd time in 5 weeks that the meals were never loaded? Why offer something you can't provide, food for purchase seems to always run out, crew were ok but hassled, not the normal friendly crew. Swissport the ground handlers are a disaster.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  16 October 2013 by T Cleary    (Ireland)

DUB to MAN one way. Very early flight but crew very friendly and helpful. Left on time but slight delay landing in Manchester due to fog. Pilot informative about weather throughout the flight. Flight very smooth with comfortable seating. Fly often with Aer Lingus and would highly recommend.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Richard Rubinstein    (USA)

We flew Sep 23, New York - Dublin - Rome, return Milan - Dublin - New York. New York - Dublin no problems, food and entertainment poor. Embarking Dublin to Rome, we were treated like small children (we are senior citizens) and were not permitted to take our carry on onto the plane. Terrible manners and we were embarrassed in front of the rest of the passengers. The return flight was uneventful but overall service very poor for an international airline.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  4 October 2013 by R Sherman    (USA)

Flight 109, Dublin to NYC. Scheduled to leave at 3.30pm, still in airport at 6.40 - airline says next announcement is at 7.30. They are quick to charge high fees for overweight baggage but they fail to spend the money to maintain a sufficient number of ready to fly planes. Weather is fine and we are still sitting in the airport. It is now 6.55 and we are still sitting here. It is freezing so we asked for a blanket: they said they would "organize" one and never provided it.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Mary Howe    (USA)

We flew Boston to Dublin and back. Flight 136, Sep 15 2013. Flight 137, Sep 27 2013. Excellent flights, excellent crew! Aer Lingus will be our airline for overseas travel. Highly recommended.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  30 September 2013 by G L Legg    (UK)

MAN-MCO, Business Class, Sep 2013. One cannot praise Aer Lingus enough, the flights were excellent as were the meals on board. Aircraft's were spotlessly clean and good service from start to finish. The only draw back was that we could not find lounge at MCO as it was United's in another part of airport.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  30 September 2013 by G Leather    (UK)

Trip was Aberdeen to Dublin with Aer Lingus. Flight was over booked. So we got bumped off the flight, the issue with Aer Lingus is that they really could not be bothered to sort the problem out. We ended up paying for a cab to Edinburgh, but why could Aer Lingus not have managed to do that.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  26 September 2013 by M Wickham    (Ireland)

Flew Cork-Nice return recently. Outward flight was fine and on time. Food on flight was quite poor and bad value. Aer Lingus seemed to have changed caterers. Return flight was a shambles. All passengers were boarded on time and the pilot announced that all was ready with just some paperwork to complete which would take just a few minutes. Time passed slowly and the minutes mounted up. After about 15 minutes the pilot said that there was a slight problem and he was waiting for an engineer to sort things out. The engineers duly arrived and were to be seen examining so instruments in the cockpit. They left and returned a number of times and the cabin crew did their best to reassure the passengers and were unable to begin catering of any sort because of customs regulations. After about and hour a supervisor went to the cockpit and some more examining of instruments continued. The pilot said at this stage that there was a fuel gauge problem and after about another 15 mins he announced that the problem had been satisfactorily solved. So one and a half hours late we departed.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Karl Wall    (USA)

Travelled from Dublin to Nice in July. I was seated in front of the emergency rows. When the doors closed I asked a flight attendant if I could take a seat in one of the empty emergency seats. There were 3 consecutive seats empty. You would think that I had just stolen the crown jewels! The young flight attendant berated me with sarcasm, "you have to pay for them" in her loudest Dublin accent. This is not the first time I've experienced this type of condescending attitude from an Aer Lingus flight attendant. Totally unnecessary. Unfortunately no other airline flys Dublin/Nice.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Ed Smith    (UK)

MAN-SNN, SNN-JFK, JFK-DUB, DUB-MAN. Got a great deal on the ticket price, very comfortable A330 planes on the long haul segments with seat-back IFE with a great selection of movies and music, very helpful and friendly crew and decent food/drink selection. All sectors were on time and transfers at SNN and DUB were fast and easy. In addition to the excellent all round service, there are two major advantages to using Aer Lingus for transatlantic travel: Pre-clearance is available for all USA bound flights out of SNN and I believe selected flights out of DUB, hence you arrive as a domestic passenger in the USA and walk straight out of the airport - the pre-clearance facilities in Shannon at least have virtually no queues and you can get through them in a matter of minutes, so I suspect that even accounting for the layover time, it is as quick as flying directly. Secondly, Aer Lingus use T5 at JFK which is a marvellous Terminal, loads of space, seats, eating and drinking options and really fast, efficient (and surprisingly friendly) security - I believe that T5 is exception at JFK in this regard. All in all, I would very highly recommend Aer Lingus for transatlantic travel to anyone.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  23 September 2013 by J Vitenberg    (USA)

Had a wonderful experience flying Aer Lingus from Boston to Dublin and from Dublin to Chicago. Both trips were effortless and the customer service was top notch. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I also flew this airline between Dublin and Paris and had a positive experience as well.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  23 September 2013 by J Watkiss    (UK)

Just completed a LHR to DUB round trip on flexi tickets which is the nearest you can get to Business class on Aer Lingus. Loved the lounges at both ends, uncrowded and stylish. Cabin crew were friendly and attentive. Great in flight magazine. The new Terminal 2 at DUB is a delight. But the aircraft's are very cramped, the flight out was completely full and I felt very trapped even being on the front row. The lack of proper inflight catering brings the on board service down combined with the cramped seat pitch and no free on board catering creates a no fills feel. Even if you pay and pre order a meal on a flexi ticket you lose it if you change your time. Surely modern IT could cope with re-assigning it.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  19 September 2013 by P McCracken    (Ireland)

Dublin - Malaga return. Outbound on 05/09/13 on A330. All aspects of this flight was excellent. Flight on time, seats were comfortable and staff excellent. Only gripe was delay in getting baggage in Malaga airport. Return on 17/09/13 on A320. Seats were a bit hard but ok for a 3 hour flight. Staff again friendly and helpful and flight on time. Baggage on carousel on arrival. Aer Lingus is definitely my preferred carrier out of Ireland.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Tan Jerry    (Singapore)

I flew on a flight from Cork to Paris yesterday and to my horror, I was scolded by ground staff that my baggage was overweight. I was shocked because I bought a more expensive ticket that allowed me to carry 2 bags. However, in the fine print of Aer Lingus, it states that whether you carry one or two bags, the maximum weight allowable is 20kg. This makes absolutely no sense in having 2 bags of 10kg since the bag itself weights about 2kg to 3 kg so, you lose out if you carry 2 bags. Your total weight allowance shrinks from 20kg to 17kg if you carry one bag and if you carry two bags, it shrinks from 20kg to 14kg as the 2 bags will weigh 6kg in total. So, I paid extra money for absolutely nothing. I thought that when you paid extra money, you will be allowed to carry 2 bags of 20kg each (totalling to 40kg). This is the worse thing I found about Aer Lingus. I had to pay EUR75 for 5 kg overweight. Also, this flight had no business class and I had taken the highest class available called Economy Class Flexi Fare. Even my Star Alliance Gold Card was not useful.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Michael MacDiarmada    (USA)

Excellent flight on Aer Lingus from BOS-CDG, clean, comfortable aircraft staffed by the best cabin attendants on all segments. Very easy connections at DUB. Aer Lingus is my transatlantic airline of choice.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Magdalena Lech    (USA)

This was my first time flying Aer Lingus. Flew from Chicago to Dublin Ireland then back from Dublin Ireland to Chicago. The trip there was fabulous! Great customer service, great food! The trip home on the other hand was disappointing. I have never experienced such rude customer service. The food was also extremely spicy, when I asked if I could buy some snacks since I was starving I was informed that they cannot sell me any. Won't be flying Aer Lingus again.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  4 September 2013 by Brian Lally    (USA)

Recently flew from Boston to Shannon (EI-134) on board a very comforting Airbus A330 wide body. On boarding the aircraft at Boston Logan Airport for our flight we were greeted by a very welcoming flight crew. The aircraft was well maintained and very clean. As soon as we departed Boston beverage service was served. Complimentary soft drinks served but alcohol was not free which is ok. Dinner service began about 1 hour after departing and we were served chicken or beef. The meal service was delicious. Flight crew came around during dinner service with more beverages and water. More food available if we desired. Entertainment was excellent, plenty of choices for movies. I have to say Aer Lingus is a wonderful airline with great service.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  2 September 2013 by A Magowan    (UK)

BHD to LHR. Flight on time, flew on a modern A319, cabin crew friendly enough however legroom was practically non existant, I literally didn't have room to read a magazine on my lap, and actually getting to my (window) seat was tough. Overall pretty average but the lack of reasonable legroom made the flight quite uncomfortable.

Aer Lingus Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Veronica O'Donnell    (USA)

Aug 22nd 2013, Flight EI0105, DUB to JFK. I have to say that I am a frequent flyer with Aer Lingus over the years, and I have seen a steady deterioration in the customer service of the airline attendants. I feel that re-education in customer service would benefit many employees of Aer Lingus. Quite frankly, food was almost thrown at us when served, no smiles and no manners! My friend is a gold circle member and did not accept the dinner served, he asked for cheese and crackers and was told there was none.

1 2 3 4 5 6