Aegean Airlines Passenger Reviews and Aegean Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by C Tampasis    (Greece)

Munich to Thessaloniki. 17/10/2014. No space to place a laptop in cabin due to people with more hand luggage than allowed. Crew not friendly and not willing to apply the rules of hand luggage per person. Food below average. Drinks warm. This wasn't the first time things where not good. Would avoid flying with Aegean again if possible.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by N Dorizas    (USA)

This was my third flight with Aegean in the last three years. I had pleasant experiences with my other two but wanted to reconfirm consistency before I rated this airline. Travelled LHR to ATH this time. Plane was clean and comfortable (for a 3 hour or so flight). My compliments to the staff. As in past flights, they very pleasant, warm and professional. Food served was as good as can be expected.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by D Aggelopoulos    (Greece)

SKG - ATH and JMK - SKG in early August. Outbound flight was 15 minutes late. Check-in was fast on both flights, clean airplanes, nice FA, fast baggage claim. Overall a pleasant experience.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Michael Shoesmith    (UK)

Kos-Athens-LHR on October 1st at 19.10hrs. Very professional service. The airline offered sweets on take-off, small snack and drink on Kos-Athens, which is just a 40 minute flight! The drinks service are repeated twice on Athens-LHR flight and the meals are adequate. Well worth £70 one way and into Heathrow! I would definitely fly them again. Seating is okay for 3 hours 30 minutes and flight seems to go fast as the cabin crew are constantly busy with the passengers. Probably a budget IFE system needs adding for a little more enjoyment!

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by N Tsagkalidis    (Greece)

I travel with Aegean many times during the year, usually I do SKG-ATH-SKG and I usually travel in business not because of the service but because I have the ability to change flights at will online and without any extra charge. During my last trip to Athens, for the outbound flight they put two flights together - as a result I was not able to change flights online. Hence I had to call them up in order to change flights they inform that I had to pay an extra 65 euros if I wanted to fly in a particular flight and 20 euro if I wanted to fly with another flight. I told them that this is a business ticket and I can change whenever I want to the could not care less. Hence I have decided not to fly with them again.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

MAD-ATH-JMK return. The only downside is that all flights departed a minimum of 30 mins late. On the good side: check in fast and easy, nice, clean and comfortable aircraft. Great attentive FA, food served all sectors along with drinks. Baggage short on belt after arrival. Will fly them back to Greece.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by T Xavier    (USA)

Traveled on Aegean twice this week, ATH-HER RT and ATH-MAD. All flights on time, crews were polite and professional. I fly economy everywhere and expect uncomfortable seats (they were) but while I don't like it realize that's the way economy is, so if flights are on time I'm satisfied. Aegean even supplied a meal in coach for the ATH-MAD flight, which no USA airline does. I would fly again with Aegean and recommend.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by George Tziviskos    (USA)

Rome to Athens, June 23 2014. Flight was on-time, comfortable seat spacing, nice meal, friendly and attentive staff. Would fly them again.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by S Diamantis    (USA)

Travelled with Aegean Airlines from Barcelona to Athens. Flight was delayed leaving Barcelona, however still managed to arrive in Athens on time. Excellent cabin service provided by attentive and polite flight attendants. Can't complain especially with the hot meal and free alcoholic beverage provided in economy class. Wish Aegean offered long haul routes to North America!

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

You go up. You go down. Flight is over. This 20 min flight from Athens to Mykonos on an A320 does what it needs to do, get you to your destination.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Korhan Sahin    (Turkey)

25/8/2014, A3 381, 19.55 (L). I was checked in for 4A. It was impossible to see the screens which showed the "safety briefing'". I think the business class curtains prevented us from seeing the screen. A design problem and very important.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Fiona Bechelli    (Australia)

Travelling from Athens to Santorini in August 2014. Flight was delayed. Not enough seats in airport lounge. No drinks provided. Only given a cookie. Travellers allowed to take extra hand luggage onto flight so there was not enough room for people who only had the one designated bag. We then had our return flight - we called the airline and asked if possible could we get on an earlier flight back to Athens if there were sears available. We were told seats were available most of the earlier flights however it would cost us euro 112 per person to catch the earlier flight. Offered us a 20% discount on a full new fare. Online price was only euro 117 to 131. We had initially purchased the two seats for euro 300. This spoilt our European vacation. We could understand a small penalty to changed however to charge a complete new ticket when there were empty seats available and there are numerous flights back and forth from Santorini to Athens.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by E Karavelas    (Greece)

MUC-SKG, A3 503, July 22. Efficient check-in, use of Lufthansa Business Class lounge (chaotic). Aircraft gate at the far end of the terminal, had to walk a lot. Aircraft A320, smart, neat, clean. Cockpit briefing rather informative. Business class cabin crew (one flying attendant dedicated to four passengers) very satisfactory, polite, communicative, professional. Seating pitch satisfactory - mediocre width (middle seat unoccupied - turned to table). Lavatory clean. Full satisfactory hot meal (choice of main course) with a Mediterranean accent freshly brewed espresso coffee. Actually no in flight entertainment - drop down overhead TV screens with safety instructions and flight path information. Arrived on time, business class passengers departed first and transported to the terminal with a dedicated bus. Baggage (Priority labelled) were the first to arrive. Aegean airlines is rightfully voted as one of Europe's top regional airlines.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Terry Douris    (UK)

JIK-ATH-LHR on 11 August 2014. Return flight after week in Ikaria. Aegean flight left a few minutes late but made up time although sadly had to stack for 45 minutes at Heathrow. Excellent legroom and seat comfort. Pleasantly surprised with the quality of the meal provided and the drinks, so much more than so-called cheaper airlines. Would definitely fly Aegean again. Only downside was the failure of UK Border Agency to have sufficient staff at the immigration desks at Terminal 2.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Vounelakis Ilias    (Greece)

Domestic flights: Athens-Kerkira (Corfu) on a A319 aircraft and Ioannina-Athens on a Bombardier DHC-8-400Q (operated by Olympic Air). Excellent service, on-time performance and very polite staff.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by M Tossounian    (UK)

JMK-ATH-LHR. A3 377/A3 608, 7 Aug 2014. Mykonos - Athens sector operated by Olympic Air Dash 800 aircraft. Clean inside and out and welcomed on board by very polite cabin crew. Only 2 Flight Attendants for a 20 minute flight. Departed on time and despite the fact that it was such a short flight, a full drink service was offered with a variety of soft drinks, napkins, ice and a bag of peanuts and everyone was served. Upon landing in ATH the goodbye and thanks you greeting was polite with a smile. An excellent flight. 3 hour layover at Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport, Athens was a breeze. Was given an invite to the Aegean Business Lounge on the A side of the departure terminal which was comfortable with the usual drinks and snacks available and regularly topped up. Nice, clean lounge with a view of both runways. ATH-LHR Aegean Business. Departed ATH with 15 minute delay, clean Airbus A321-200 aircraft. Good PA announcements by Purser and Captain. Comfortable, leather seats with middle seat free. Drink service and peanuts after take off with hot towel service. Menu was provided with a choice of 2 hot main meals of chicken or swordfish with a delicious salmon entree and a selection of delicious Greek desserts. A good choice of wines including award winning Greek varieties plus the usual soft, after dinner and a good selection of teas and coffees. Hot towel service again before landing. Landed on time. A very impressive service offered by Aegean. Have no hesitation about using them again.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by S Matthews    (UK)

Flew from Rome FCO to ATH, 2 hour flight but had a large selection of drinks, lovely meal, then tea or coffee after dinner. The staff were charming and helpful, no delays at all, the check in staff were informative and efficient, telling us where to go with our rucksacks (apparently they're awkward shape so go in the 'oversized baggage' section). We were so efficient getting off the plane we beat our luggage to the conveyor belt. Would definitely recommend this airline to anyone.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by K Price    (UK)

LHR-ATH-LHR. Flight over very uncomfortable as it was a smaller plane than usual and absolutely no leg room. No inflight entertainment which is essential for a nervous flyer. Seating comfort was better on return trip but Aegean have ceased inflight films and replaced them with extremely repetitive tourist films and no radio/music. Very disappointing. Having flown with Aegean on this route for many years I am now reconsidering.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Magdalena Kot    (Poland)

I am a Senator Gold frequent flier with Star Alliance. I bought a ticket with Aegean to Paros. It turns out that the flight is operated by Olympic Air - not a Star Alliance member - and therefore some of my privileges do not apply. I can still have more luggage but I can not use the lounge. The Aegean representative refused to issue an invitation to the Aegean lounge since "it would cost them extra money" while I thought I had this privilege included in my ticket bought with Aegean. Nothing about reduced privileges was mentioned when I bought the ticket. Aegean did not want to do anything to accommodate the urgent need of a passenger with a Senator Gold card of Star Alliance who had to use the internet in their lounge for an emergency.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Bill Jackson    (Spain)

Madrid - Mykonos with a change of plane in Athens, we left Madrid just after midnight. The plane was new and clean, the service was excellent and what a treat to have a hot meal on a European flight. On leaving the plane at Athens we were told to contact the ground staff immediately as we had a very short connection time. We did so and the ground staff sent us onto the same bus as everybody else! Luckily the airport was not busy at 5 a.m. and we easily caught the flight to Mykonos. However a good, very short flight to Mykonos and Aegean cannot be blamed for the ground crew. I would happily fly with them again.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by D Barton    (UK)

Birmingham to Rhodes 5th July. Absolutely appalling. 12 hour delay with no update through-out the day. No explanation or apology when we eventually got on the flight. Once we were on the flight the toilets were locked at the front and we couldn't get past the air hostesses to use the toilets at the back. States in Aegan Airlines T&C of delayed flights that we are meant to get some form of contact from the airline within 7 days. 3 weeks later we still have yet to hear from them.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Tom Besler    (Slovakia)

BUD-ATH-JTR and back with a stopover. Nice surprise! Clean new aircraft (A320/A321) and the BUD-ATH sector even had a hot meal, you don't see that so much today. Had to pay for my luggage in JTR, agent was very polite so no problem. Will definitely not hesitate to fly them again.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by K Chen    (USA)

Flew MXP-ATH-KGS and back with Aegean in mid-May. After being used to the service quality of US flights I was pretty impressed with their service. Light meals were served on each leg of the flight, the crew were friendly, and though only the route map was provided as entertainment, it was all I needed so I was satisfied with that as well. Would recommend this airline for people traveling to/from/within Greece.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by L Hogg    (UK)

Rhodes to Birmingham, Saturday 5th July. Over eleven hours late with no explanation other than 'technical problems'. It should have left after nine hours but no staff were on duty to keep us informed and a 7.30 am flight finally took off at 7.16pm. The staff were miserable and surly. No route map on the inflight and the front toilet locked on both journeys.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by H Matthews    (UK)

Flew London Heathrow - Athens and back. Aegean have introduced these hopeless self check in machines. Having already checked in online and printed our boarding passes we ignored the machines at Heathrow and went straight to the desk, where the assistant refused to serve us until we had used a machine. But this would not recognise our name, booking reference or passport numbers. We tried again and again until eventually another member of staff sorted it for us. Not a good start as far as we were concerned, I was fuming. Returning from Athens we encountered exactly the same problems with a check in machine there. This time even an assistant failed to operate the terminal, and she subsequently instructed us to join a lengthy queue. Reaching the front 15 minutes later, we were told we were in the wrong queue, it was the Olympic desk and not Aegean which was the next one along. Our plea that we were in the queue we had been instructed to join by a member of staff was met with no sympathy whatsoever. With us on the verge of going ballistic, the person at the correct desk was thankfully sympathetic and helpful. Everything on our flights was as expected, though I must comment that there was less legroom than I have ever before experienced on a plane. As a tall person (5 ft 11 in / 180 cm, inside leg 33 in / 84 cm) I spent the entire flight with my knees jammed firmly either side of the seat in front of me and unable to move.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Dettling Arnold    (Switzerland)

Swiftair instead of Aegaen, Rhodos to Zurich, 5th July 2014. Instead an Aegean aircraft we had to board a nameless very old White MD 83. No announcements, no apologies and a 2 hour delay! Onboard I found out that it was a Swiftair, charter airline from Spain. Seat comfort very basic, no magazines, no monitors, absolutely nothing. Very old noisy aircraft. I booked through the official homepage of Aegean and was very disappointed about this awful downgrading. Nevertheless the cabin Crew of Swiftair (except one Supervisor all Spaniards) did an acceptable job. The inbound flight ZRH to ATH was one hour late. But at least it was an Aegean aircraft. My next flights to Greece will be again on SWISS.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

Munich-Athens-Munich. Both flights on time, very clean and comfortable Airbus A320/321 planes. Beautiful, well- groomed and very nice young cabin crew, only, hot meals served on both flights, full bar service, incl very nice Greek wines. Bags delivered within 20 mins. Highly recommended.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by K Tossounyan    (UK)

LHR-ATH leg on Aegean Airlines Flight A3601, Economy. Check in with Aegean was a breeze, professional and quick. Boarding was efficient and welcomed on board by polite and attentive crew with genuine smiles. Nice to see, New Airbus A321, clean outside and spotless interior. Lunch consisted of tasty Greek meatballs with potatoes which was delicious. Greek salad as starter and a nice dessert. Tea and a choice of coffees were available and the usual soft drinks. Cabin crew were very polite and pleasant, helpful and offered service with a smile. A Singapore Airlines style service. Return leg, ATH-LHR was just as pleasant. Found the whole Aegean experience to be very comfortable with polite, attentive crew and good service throughout. Would have no hesitation in using them again.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Terry Salem    (USA)

I flew from Barcelona to Athens and from Athens to Istanbul. I had a booking through United Airlines from Houston originally travelling through Barcelona, Athens, Istanbul and back to Houston. However, at Barcelona Airport I was informed that I had to pay 45 Euro for my baggage for the Aegean flight to Athens. The stewardess were generally rude and spoke little English on board. I will never fly them again.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by D Ito    (Germany)

ATH-FCO, 2 hours flight on time. Check-in, Lounge, Cabin crews all friendly and smooth operation. Complementary hot meal with pasta and soft drinks, small bottle Greek wine, coffee/tea. Priority luggage came out first at the FCO airport.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Ioannis Nafpliotis    (Greece)

Istanbul to Athens. 1.5 hour delay is unacceptable. It was my second flight delay with Aegean in just one week. Seat space and meal very poor.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  10 June 2014 by I Magkouras    (Switzerland)

I flew from Geneva to Athens in May 2014. Crew were very polite and welcoming, the service was excellent for the price. I was surprised to have a full meal and to receive an alcoholic drink for free, for such a low ticket price. I flew back with a low cost airline from Thessaloniki,…the ticket was more expensive and of course nothing was offered to eat or drink. I was also surprised to see how fast and easy it is to upgrade in their miles and bonus program. I have already booked my next flight with them.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Alexios Chatziioannidis    (Greece)

Athens - Brussels - Athens. Nice service, friendly staff, clean and comfortable seats. Good food, on time.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Mathews Paul    (UK)

LHR-ATH-RHO return. First time with Aegean. Extremely pleasant and professional staff, excellent planes and comfortable seating. Not cheap but excellent airline.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Tony Saunders    (USA)

The best idea if you have to fly with them is not to understand Greek: then you will not understand the check-in staff talking amongst themselves! Also you will not understand the stewardess instructing another on the safety procedures and features of the plane ("no, this is the call button, it does not sound an alarm"). On the LHR-ATH flight they failed to carry out basic safety procedures, like drawing back partitions and ensuring all seat belts were fastened. On the ATH-LHR leg I was informed that I had to pay an extra 45 euro for the same bag that was included in the outward ticket!

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2014 by R Bergeron    (USA)

Adding a 25% extra luggage fee to the already expensive ticket is outrageous. We traveled each with 16Kg normal luggage from Brussels to Greece and back. We carried small back packs as hand luggage. Before we were allowed to check in we were charged 45 euros for each suit case. One would think that charging 190 euros (going and back) extra for luggage is obscenely greedy.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by Karasek Antonin    (Czech Republic)

A321 and A320, Kos - Athens / Athens - Vienna, May 3 2014. Nice service, friendly staff, clean and comfortable seats. Simple and useful online check-in.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  1 May 2014 by A Pierce    (UK)

First flight with Aegean Airlines and found it all very relaxing. The staff were friendly and helpful and tried to give the personal touch. From the moment we checked our bags in we found them to be really helpful. I was very nervous about the stay over and catching the next flight from ATH to RHO but they really reassured me and made sure I felt happy. On arrival in ATH they made the change of flight very stress free. Definitely use them again. So much different to Ryanair who were dreadful.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Michael Dee    (Greece)

I had a reward booking with them from ATH to LHR and on a separate ticket I had a paid ticket from CHQ to ATH. They had it as valid connection the CHQ-ATH at 17.25 arriving in ATH at 18.10 and then 19.10 - 21.00 onwards to LHR. The feeder flight got delayed by an hour, resulting to almost lose the connecting flight. Upon boarding I inform the crew but they were indifferent. Finally I did manage to catch my connecting flight only because there were others delayed as well.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2014 by J Beattie    (UK)

I was booked on an evening flight from Santorini to Athens but arrived very late and after closure of the check-in desk. I expected the worst, that is to be refused boarding but I was so impressed that the Aegean staff agreed to check me in, opened the check-in desk and helped me to join the other boarding passengers very efficiently. Full marks for flexibility without compromising security or delaying the flight, and that extra effort made such a difference and saved me from a nightmarish situation of cancelled onward flights and hotel. The flight itself was also very stress-free and the hostesses were polite and friendly. Very nice airline.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Lesley Paschalaki    (Greece)

Not surprising this is a "regional" airline and it obviously aspires to nothing better! In Oct.2013 I booked and paid for a business class seat ATH-MAN but 3 weeks ago while checking My Bookings noticed I'd been downgraded to economy. The call centre simply shifted the blame to the travel agent. The latter found out that Aegean have decided not to offer business class on this route, no warning, no alternatives, nothing. I cancelled my ticket.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  5 March 2014 by T Xavier    (USA)

ATH-MUC in economy in March 2014, economy has the dreaded "slimline" seats that LH started and everyone seems to be following. That said, flight crew was pleasant and professional, airplane was clean, flight landed on time- Aegean even gives you a snack and a drink on this flights. Pleasant experience, would recommend.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by M de Montalembert    (Italy)

Rome FCO - Athens, A3651, Feb 22nd. Athens - Rhodes, A3216, Feb 22nd. This airline is intended to be a regular airline however it behaves like a low-cost one. You have to pay to check in a luggage in addition to the normal fare. Seat spacing is comparable to a low cost such as Ryanair, quite insufficient. Food is average but more importantly it is presented in cardboard boxes which are recycled. Choice of beverages is very limited. Unfortunately Aegean is in a monopolistic situation in Greece and they are expensive and cost/satisfaction of service is below average.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by A Christodoulou    (Cyprus)

LCA-ATH-BRU: Very average experience. Flying from Larnaca to Athens, flight arrived on time to the destination, seat space was ok, food was horrible. Inflight service very average. Nobody expects anything special flying economy regarding food but what Aegean served for breakfast was beyond words. A tasteless omelette, there was liquid coming out of it plus a small chocolate. The second segment of my flight from Athens to Brussels was better in leg space, service and food but I find unacceptable the control they have on hand luggage. Lately they introduced the low fare tickets for people travelling with just hand luggage, people of course try to benefit from this. Passengers carry in the cabin what they would otherwise have checked at the check in counters! What is happening is that people carry oversized suitcases and try to fit them in the overhead storage holders and I was really surprised to see that they allow this. I was carrying a 6 kg soft handbag which I placed in the overhead holder above my seat and the air hostess asked me if she could move it in a holder further in the other row, simply to fit a big suitcase! The most positive aspect to this airline is the convenient times.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by N Simonis    (Greece)

Aegean is really unpredictable. Can be excellent in every way or disappointing in many other ways. For example though their fares are in no way low cost, they started charging 20 euros for a piece of luggage each way (short haul), and 30 euros for longer flights i.e. to Spain. BA and CY do not charge. Going out to BCN cost me for 2 pax 95 euros more than for our return flight on Vueling. Of course Vueling offers no breakfast, (you have to pay for it) yet breakfast on Aegean was as poor as you can imagine. Yes, on this flight they used the good jet steps and not their favourite bus transport to - from aircraft. One thing that is really impressive is the inflight attendants, exceptionally professional.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Mark Fletcher    (USA)

Took 2 flights with Aegean Airlines in December 2013, and was truly impressed. Their quality of service was a long way ahead of British Airways that I used on 4 other flights, and I will look at using Aegean Airlines again on my next trip to Europe - if Athens is on the trip list!

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  24 January 2014 by Alexander Sorel    (Belgium)

BRU to Athens on 11 Jan 2014 and flight A3622 from Athens to BRU on 15 Jan 2014. First time experience with Aegean Airlines was very pleasurable from good online check-in, mobile boarding card, on time departures, friendly, patient cabin crew and service oriented ground staff.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Alex Krava    (Greece)

Athens-Dusseldorf. Pleasant flight, catering could be better. The negative part was the ground staff (at the gate): they changed, without asking us, the flight by transferring us to the next flight.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Yvonne Bradley    (Cyprus)

We booked and paid for a package in May 2013 to fly to Munich in Dec 2013. Flight out was with Lufthansa which was great. However, when we tried to check in online the day before our return to Cyprus with Aegean through Athens, we got an error message saying 'non valid ticket' and giving us a number to call. We called the number which was Lufthansa and the agent told us he could see our booking but couldn't check us in as the computer systems weren't compatible. We tried the Aegean online check in but still no joy. So we got to Munich airport 2.5 hours before our flight to check in only to be told we were on standby! We were assured that the gate personnel would sort it out to our satisfaction so we went through to the departure gates. The departure gate had changed but not updated on the terminal screen. When we finally found it the staff were very off hand about us being on standby even though we couldn't understand how we didn't have a seat when the whole thing had been booked and paid for 7 months earlier. After making a big fuss and having to wait until 5 mins before take off, we finally managed to get on the plane but not seated together. Another passenger offered to swap seats so we did sit together in the end. Unfortunately we were supposed to transfer in Athens and were very concerned that we would have to go through the whole thing again, and we actually refused to board the Athens plane until we were sure we had seats on the Athens to Cyprus plane. No acceptable explanation was given as to why we had been given the run-around and in fact we were made to feel that we were just making a fuss about nothing. The service on board was indifferent, food was shoddy and we will never fly with Aegean again. We've flown a lot, long and short haul and I can safely say this was the worst experience ever.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by K Bikos    (Greece)

Although I have been rooting for Aegean in the past, these past months I have traveled RHO-ATH-RHO many times and each time the experience seems to be worsening. The boarding and flight schedules are perfectly fine if you ignore the constant use of a bus for boarding instead of jumping platforms in Athens, but the cabin experience, apart from the seat comfort which is ok, is worse every time. The take off is usually ok. The trip to Rhodes lasts for approximately 50 minutes and the cabin crew are struggling to serve you. It looks as if with one hand they serve and with the other they collect what they have just served for landing. The crew are typically indifferent and tend not to smile. The catering is average, but couldn't expect big things for a 50 minute flight. For now, it progressively costs more money to travel with Aegean that what you actually get in return, at least for these domestic routes.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Deligianni Fanin    (UK)

Awful Aegean experience (Heathrow to Athens on 22nd December 2013): Hand-luggage with just two laptops (one of them half size) is overweight for Aegean airlines. Hand-luggage bought especially for cabin use and used in others budget airlines with no problem. They made me to empty it twice! For a ticket bought 9 months ago at a price of £ £420 for a flight equivalent to 3.40 hours. The plane was delayed an hour. I just managed to get my next connection flight to Mytilini because it operates from the same airline and they were waiting for us. Aegean has monopolised the local aviation. Also the time schedule is such that it is not worth it to get another airline and change to Aegean for the local trip only.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  23 December 2013 by A Nicholson    (Canada)

First time flying with Aegean Airlines from FRA to ATH on a Lufthansa codeshare and couldn't be happier. Nice to have inflight infotainment on a short haul flight and not bad food better than Air Canada. No delays on time and cabin crew were nice. Only downside was that there was no seat-back monitors which many airliners are upgrading to and seats are sort of stiff.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by A Dimitris    (Italy)

ATH-ROM-ATH. Great airline with great service and great staff. The trip was perfect despite the bad weather.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  21 November 2013 by Philip Pocock    (UK)

I have now been flying with Aegean since they took over the Olympic slots at Heathrow. This year on the morning of October 7th Heathrow was fog bound so the flight to Athens was delayed by two hours. This meant missing the evening flight to Mykonos. As soon as I was checking in their staff were most helpful. On arriving at Athens I was put up in Hotel Sofitel, everything paid for and caught the flight to Mykonos the following morning. My only thought is that the evening flight to Mykonos is too tight with the London flight, around about an hour, and needs looking in to. Aegean is an excellent airline as part of my holiday flew with them to Crete as well, all flights were full, and I look forward to flying with them next October.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by I Biliatis    (UK)

Manchester-Athens, Oct 2013. Boarding and landing was 20 minutes delayed. Very comfortable seats and excellent staff. Food was really good and you could choose from a variety of drinks. Overall, a very good flying experience. The only thing i would like to stress is the lack of any entertainment. I don't know if it is so expensive to show a movie during the flight, especially when the screens are available! An airline like Aegean should at least have some kind of entertainment for long flights.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Donald McKelvie    (Australia)

My wife and I flew from Rome to Athens and Athens to Paris recently, check in was a breeze and both flights were great. No problems at all.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Oleksii Urytskyi    (Ukraine)

We flew 3 times with this airline and all flights were great even though there were delays (up to 20 minutes ), all arrivals were on time . The first flight from Kiev to Athens, the plane was a brand new Airbus A320, leather seats in the cabin and very comfortable. Take-off and landing were perfect, the staff were normal. For food, I do not intend to complain on a flight less than 3 hours. In general, we were impressed with this airline and we can recommend it.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by M Heather    (UK)

LHR-ATH-RHO and return, October 2013. Checked in online for all flights and seat assignments honoured. Flights arrived on time or early. Boarding a little chaotic, despite very strict adherence to boarding by rows. No queue jumping was allowed, if your row hadn't been called you were not allowed to board. Yet somehow chaos and confusion reigned in the cabin, partly because of the amount of hand luggage some passengers had been allowed to take on board, and partly because every single flight was packed solid. In flight, service was excellent if a little slow. Hot meals served on international flights (ok quality), free (and good) Greek wine available and refills willingly given. Fight attendants universally pleasant and service oriented. A321 on international flights, with inflight entertainment on drop down screens. A320 on domestic service. Check in at LHR and RHO easy and quick. Baggage delivery prompt. All in all, very pleasant.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Y Raltseva    (UK)

London Stansted-Athens-Thessaloniki. Once again, although cabin experience with this airline is good, check-in process seems to be its weak point. Flight departed Stansted on time but just before landing at Athens I realised that I did not have a boarding pass for the connecting flight. I spoke to cabin crew about it but they seemed unaware of any issues/processes and simply referred me to the connecting flight desk at the airport. When I got there, this was shut. There was no one available from the airline either and I ended up speaking to airport security. I was told that I had to come out of the airport security controlled area and check in all over again to get the boarding pass and that this is a standard procedure, even though bags get transferred on to next flight automatically. There was a queue from hell at check-in, which seems to be the norm for Aegean. I have never been asked to check in twice at airport for connecting flights. This then caused problems with my airport shopping not getting through security and I had to pick up my bag, re-pack and hand in again. This involved a long and time- consuming process walking up and down the airport's different floors etc. Ground staff were understanding and did their best to help but there is no two ways about it: this was a very poorly "organised" connecting flight. I sent a form to customer service to complain but they just said that the problem was at Stansted and that they have rectified it. I asked how they have rectified it but they just responded by repeating the same. I am not convinced. A hassle-free flight with Aegean seems impossible and the overall experience does not correspond to what you pay. I would not recommend. On the way back with Air Berlin connecting at Dusseldorf did not give any problems and was a pleasure to walk past the Aegean packed check-in area knowing I didn't have to brave it.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by J Coleman    (Singapore)

The short flight from Athens to Istanbul was delayed by 1.5 hrs making my fiancé and I miss our connecting flights back to Singapore. We were stranded in Istanbul airport for 12 hours with no offer of food or drink and no concrete solution from Aegean. Eventually at 3am the morning we were given a hotel. We slept for 4 hours. We then rushed back to the airport the next morning finally guaranteed a flight and arrived back just in time for work on Monday 6am. We were suppose to be there the previous morning (Sunday). Aegean made no effort to book us decent seats leaving us to sit apart the entire journey home, as a result I didn't sleep at all during the flight. Therefore I had 4 hours sleep in 48 hours and had to go straight in to work. The representative also lied to us to keep us happy until we left and could do nothing about it. We tried to call him but he refused to take our calls. The plane was really nice and comfy seats but the pilot nearly crashed upon landing. I would suspect that the reason the flight was delayed in the first place was that there was no pilot, thus a stand-in pilot was used.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by J Richard    (Switzerland)

ATH-HER-ATH connecting to Swiss ZRH-ATH-ZRH. Short 50 min flight on a A321. Flight completely full however the friendly crew managed to serve the whole plane drinks and peanuts. Very comfortable seats, sufficient legroom. All in all very enjoyable. Would choose Aegean again.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Bobby Giannakopoulos    (Canada)

ATH-PRG-ATH. All flights were smooth and on time. Check-in in Athens and Prague airport was fine and not too long. The seats on board the aircraft's were comfortable, better than other airlines and the legroom was good. Inflight entertainment was nothing special. It was only the inflight map. The cabin crew and the service were very good we had a sandwich which was bigger than some other airlines with a choice of complimentary drinks for both legs. Overall Aegean Air is a very good airline as it claims to be. I would fly again with them if I have a chance. Too bad they don't fly long haul routes but they only fly regional routes.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by T Mahr    (Germany)

MUC-SKG-ATH-HER-MUC: All flights on time with smiles, clean aircraft and decent catering. Overall impeccable and a pleasure to fly!

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Peter Ingham    (UK)

Having read favourable reviews of this airline I had been looking forward to my flight from Athens to LHR. The aircraft, an Airbus A321, was full but loading was well organised and my economy seat had decent legroom although was on the hard side. I was looking forward to my usual gin and tonic and was disappointed to discover that there was to be no drinks service on this four hour flight. The meal was eventually served on a chaotic tray, the salad comprised small amounts of grated carrot and cabbage and the hot main was a pea and potato stew of strange flavour. The high-light of the meal was the small roll and cheese triangle! The bottle of red wine offered with the meal undrinkable. Two weeks earlier I had flown economy class LHR to Istanbul with British Airways and enjoyed the usual high standard of service I that I always seem to find on their flights.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by Pauline Finn    (UK)

We flew from Athens to Rhodes 2 weeks ago, fantastic airline, short flight had sweets and soft drinks plenty of leg room.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Michael Tong    (Singapore)

Customer service staff at Greece Airport were generally rude and sarcastic, giving different versions of flight re-booking solutions. We were told we have to pay an extra 39 euros per person due to different flight cost and when we went to a different counter, we were charged 20 euros per ticket as ticket amendment costs instead. In all, the attitudes of the staff were very unpleasant.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  3 September 2013 by P Boeck    (Germany)

Return trip MUC-HER-MUC. On the return flight from Heraklion, a cramped airport check-in-area full of returning holiday-makers: as a home-airport for the airline I would expect more than only one check-in being available for two simultaneously departing flights (MUC & CDG) resulting in horrible waiting queues. Additionally all passengers including those who managed to self-check-in and proceed to a "bag-drop-desk" had to queue a second time to take their luggage to only one open x-ray station themselves - another queuing disaster in an already overcrowded waiting hall. In total the check-in and "bag-drop" process on this particular flight consumed nearly two hours in cretan summer heat. I think Aegean could certainly do better by doubling the check-in-staff (opening a second counter) and making sure that passengers can actually drop their bags at the bag-drop. Making the experience even worse was a consecutive technical issue with the aircraft resulting in nearly 3 hours of waiting in an equally overcrowded terminal airside with bad information policy.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Nicolas Simonis    (Greece)

I have been disappointed with this airline on many occasions especially the fact that somehow they seem to hate jetsteps and they seem to favour the good old diesel buses from plane to terminal. In June after a long flight from PHL to MUC this airline was the only one to drive us around to the plane for Athens in a bus! Recent flight from LCA on 22/8 delayed 35 minutes, arrived in Athens with delay. Good old bus to terminal, what a pity. Aircraft seating is rather cramped for tall guys, covered with plastic leather not really good for hot climates and worst of all the sandwiches were packed full with mayonnaise. Most passengers strongly complained and threw them away. Aegean could be good if they decide to eliminate such problems and make use of modern facilities not the good old diesel bus.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  14 August 2013 by A Diamantis    (Greece)

BRU-ATH, ATH-BRU. Jul 20 2013 and Aug 11 2013. Aegean always exceeds expectations. Attentive and courteous cabin crew, clean aircraft, and comfortable seats. Above and beyond!

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by A Asprakis    (USA)

RHO-ATH-FCO. This should be listed as a 4-star airline. Clean new planes, excellent meals featuring Greek items, and the most courteous FA's I have encountered in years. A pleasure to fly!

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by S Giaerl    (Greece)

Athens to London Heathrow with A321. Very clean aircraft, very helpful crew and tasty food. Very nice take off and landing.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by Konstantinos Kotzaridis    (Germany)

Fantastic service in business from MUC to SKG. Full service on a 1.5hr flight with many choices. Please change your seats in business class, this is a normal economy seat with the middle seat blocked. Not comfortable in comparison for what you pay.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  29 July 2013 by M Murray    (Greece)

Automated check in at El. Venizelou Airport was not easy for this first timer, and while I could chalk it up to my age, other passengers were also having difficulty. At 6:30 am there weren't enough ground staff to help make the process any easier, but I finally managed on my own. It has the potential to be a great improvement once the bumps are ironed out. Found seating cramped and the fact that the seats do not recline a real disadvantage. Fortunately it was only a 3 hour flight, but I had counted on making up for lost sleep and that proved to be impossible.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Mordo Guy    (Israel)

Flew from TLV to ATH on July 21st. Long queues for check in, staff seemed unprofessional. Cabin crew seems to be very tired, no smile at all. I asked for 2 glasses of water after they served breakfast, one for me and one for my mother, they brought only one, and said they would bring the second one. Nothing was brought. Meals were downgraded from hot breakfast to a sandwich that was cold.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Krissa Garner    (USA)

Flew London Heathrow to Athens and back. Great cabin crew, very friendly. Food is rather good (for airline food)! Beverage service is excellent. Enjoyed the extra legroom and the leather seats.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2013 by T Lord    (Cyprus)

Larnaca - Rhodes return. Both flights on time, comfy seats and friendly cabin crew. No inflight entertainment probably because it was a short flight but a good experience to fly with Aegean.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  15 July 2013 by A Grotenhuis    (Netherlands)

DUS to ATH and 4 days later from ATH to HER. Both flights on time, very quick check-in and boarding. Very friendly and attentive efficient staff, good service, excellent melas even for the short hub from ATH to HER. It will remain our preferred carrier to and from Greece.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  10 July 2013 by M Dizon    (Philippines)

Flew Istanbul-Athens. Plane was new and clean, staff warm and friendly, and they served drinks and a sandwich on this 1-hour flight. This airline deserves more than a 3-star ranking, in my opinion.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Georgios Chouliaras    (Greece)

LHR to ATH, 5th June 2013 at 22.15. Disappointing - having booked online an emergency exit seat, this was changed to a normal one at the back of the plane on which another person was sitting. The cabin crew were inadequately trained to handle my complaints appropriately.

Aegean Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2013 by S Ptctan    (Germany)

STR-SKG-ATH-TLV. Slightly delayed departure in STR, but arrival on time in ATH after short stop in SKG. Great food and good selection of beverages. Departure from ATH was several hours delayed due to striking ground staff. Received vouchers for snacks. Definitively recommended.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9