PAGE loading ... please wait!

Darwin Airline Passenger Reviews and Darwin Airline Customer Trip Reports

PAGE:   1 |

Darwin Airlines customer review :  26 June 2014 by Neil Henderson   (UK)

London Stansted to Dusseldorf, 07.25, Wednesday 25th June 2014. Arrived at Stansted at 6.15am only to find the flight had been cancelled. The Etihad desk (used by Darwin Airlines) was unmanned but the flight sign board directed me to another desk. Here I found some 20 people handing around and one very harassed looking guy on the phone trying to find out what has happening. Eventually after waiting more than an hour I was offered an alternative option to fly to Cologne but that wasn't suitable - no seats on the 4pm flight to Dusseldorf and the 7pm flight was too late. All told a pretty disappointing service, especially as there had apparently been a cancellation of the 4pm flight the previous day. So off I went home and now have all the trouble of claiming back the money I spent on taxis and hotel booking. Easier for me to fly with EasyJet to Amsterdam and drive to Germany - will do that next time.

Darwin Airlines customer review :  10 April 2014 by Patrick Rowe   (France)

Geneva-Florence-Geneva, 30 March/2 April. One hour delay from Geneva, no information given. Complete chaos at Florence airport, no baggage delivered for an hour and a half and only one poor harassed Italian supervisor whose only comment was that the baggage handler must have gone home early. Return trip on time and uneventful. Overall, cheaper than the train and usually quicker than driving.

Darwin Airlines customer review :  25 February 2014 by Susie Williams   (UK)

I booked a trip from Cambridge to Amsterdam in October 2013, to fly March 2014. In Dec 2013 they changed the flight times significantly and again in February they tried to change them again, wanting us to fly one day early. When I refused this, they offered a flight out later on the original date, but I lost patience with them and cancelled. I think we got off lightly not flying with them, having now read the other reviews here. It's such a shame that Cambridge Airport has not managed to find a competent airline to open up these destinations, I think many people were looking forward to the convenience of using such a local airport.

Darwin Airlines customer review :  20 February 2014 by Roger Melly   (UK)

October 2013, Cambridge - Amsterdam - Cambridge. Got to Cambridge airport (nice) 2 hours before departure to find flight was cancelled. We were offered to get a minibus to Norwich and fly KLM but the connection time to drive to Norwich in time didn't seem possible so we didn't risk this. A charter flight was put on to take us to Geneva (completely opposite direction to Amsterdam) where we would then take a KLM flight back to Amsterdam. Sadly by the time this flight landed at Geneva the last Amsterdam flight had already left, leaving us stranded in Geneva overnight. We went from one desk to the next, everyone saying it was someone else's problem, then eventually got a hotel paid for at Geneva. Took a 5am taxi from hotel to airport the next day and and caught the first KLM flight out, arriving at Amsterdam 18 hours late. Return journey was ok, just minor delays, though we kept meeting people who'd been stranded in the Darwin system with cancellations and stories to tell.

Darwin Airlines customer review :  7 February 2014 by K Lazarska   (Netherlands)

Feb 2nd 2014 from Amsterdam do Leipzig/Halle, flight F7 257 (original departure time, 19.25, actual departure time: 21.45). Flight from AMS to LEI delayed by 3 hrs, unexpected change of a boarding gate (to another terminal) nearly made me miss the flight. Of course no Darwin representatives at the airport. On the top of that - the flight (along with the change of the gate) has been absent from the "departures" board.

Darwin Airlines customer review :  20 January 2014 by Dominic Chung   (UK)

My wife and I went to Amsterdam for a short break flying out of and returning to Cambridge on 17 Jan and 19 Jan. Flights on both legs were fine, on time and with good service and I have to say much improved since the last time we flew with Darwin (September 2013). It would seem that the tie-up with Etihad is beginning to bear fruits. I fly long haul to Hong Kong and Australia once a year, sometimes twice. I might just consider starting my journey from Cambridge the next time.

Darwin Airlines customer review :  25 December 2013 by R Smith   (UK)

I am a regular traveller into Amsterdam and live near Cambridge, so I thought I'd try Darwin instead of the usual low cost carrier from Stansted. Flight from Cambridge to Amsterdam was delayed 30 minutes, not the end of the world. However the flight back was awful! 2 hours before it was due to leave, it was cancelled. The flight was at 9.05pm, so after walking around trying to find a Darwin representative (who don't exist), I found out that they use Servisair for this job. The women was very polite and understanding and booked me into a local hotel telling me that the next flight was at 12.35 the following afternoon. I arrived back at Schiphol the next day and whilst queuing to drop off my luggage I was informed that there was a 3 hour delay on this flight! I checked my luggage in and settled in for another 5 hours at the airport. At 12ish I happened to just check the departure board to see what the new expected departure time was only to see that the delayed 12.35 flight was no longer delayed and was boarding! There was no information stating this in-between. I then legged it to the departure gate, and proceeded to stand on a shuttle bus for a further 20 mins whilst there was a delay in fuelling the plane. Eventually was took off. Just to complete my horrific experience with Darwin I arrived back at Cambridge, unfortunately my luggage did not! There was less than 20 people on the plane! They can't even organise that! Never going to use them again.

Darwin Airlines customer review :  20 December 2013 by C Hart-Davies   (UK)

I have used Darwin airline twice now between Cambridge UK and Geneva. The first time the airline introduced a stop over in Paris after I had booked and brought the scheduled departure time from GVA forward several hours. Major disruption and additional cost for me but decided to give them one more try. Unfortunately on the second trip, I received an incomplete text message on the evening before my departure to Geneva to inform me that "due to operational reasons the flight the very next day had been brought forward by 3 hours". Again, major disruption and expense or face throwing my ticket in the bin. Real shame because the airport at Cambridge is a refreshing change from the hassle of a major airport and the Saab aircraft used by Darwin are superb. But, this has to be the last time. Back to major airport hassle and airlines which keep to their schedules.

Darwin Airlines customer review :  23 October 2013 by M Higgins   (Australia)

We were flying from Geneva to Rome. F7 0158 on 18th of October, scheduled departure of 2.10pm. Flight was delayed to 5.30pm then 7.30pm then 8.20pm. At no time was a staff member at the gate to update us. Was given a 10 franc voucher for the 6 hour delay. Further more there was no food to buy onboard and the reading lights did not work. Would never fly with them again!

Darwin Airlines customer review :  21 October 2013 by Bernhard Hommel   (Netherlands)

Booked a flight from Amsterdam to Leipzig and back. When I arrived at Amsterdam airport a delay of 3hrs was announced. No-one behind the counter, but I was advised by the airport personnel that staff of another counter would represent Darwin. Went there but no-one present. Was referred to yet another counter, yet another company, yet another person. Having found this person didn't provide any more information. After 3hrs the counter opened and we could check-in, with the confirmation that the +3h flight would be 100% on time and arrive in Leipzig without any further delay. While waiting for the flight I received an announcement that the flight was delayed by another 5hrs! As this meant that I missed the lecture I was to give in Leiden I gave up and went home. Was reimbursed by Darwin for the flight (no excuses of course) but still had to pay for hotel and train. That wasn't an isolated experience, it seems, as other passengers had more reports about 5-36hrs delays.

Darwin Airlines customer review :  8 October 2013 by W Wijpkema   (Netherlands)

We had a flight from Halle/Leipzig to Amsterdam with Darwin Airlines on 25 September 2013 (7pm), but the flight was cancelled. The gave us a voucher for a taxi ride and a voucher for the night at an Ibis hotel. There was no accommodation to get a hot meal. The next day the taxi brought us back to the airport Halle/Leipzig. The flight was planned to departed at 10.40am but after many hours waiting at 1.30pm we were told that the flight was cancelled again. At the service desk of the airport we received a coupon how to get our money back and the wished us a nice day, there were no further options offered. We had the look for ourselves how to get back to Amsterdam airport. In the end we took the train to Amsterdam and after a delay of 28 hours we arrived at Schiphol airport.

Darwin Airlines customer review :  25 September 2013 by Antonella Notari Vischer   (Switzerland)

We used Darwin on Fri 20th from Geneva to Florence and had a delay of 11 hours! The worst was the way the airline handled communications, leaving us hours at the time without any news, constantly pushing the departure time forward by a little bit, making it next to impossible for most of the day to leave the airport. We got one CHF 25 allowance for the whole time. We reached Florence just in time to still catch our rental car and to drive another 1.5 hours to our final destination. A good part of our weekend was wasted waiting at the airport. Why wasn't Darwin able to send in another plane? Most of the 50 passengers were very unhappy and will never fly Darwin again.

Darwin Airlines customer review :  25 September 2013 by D CHung   (UK)

We flew out to Milan on 16th September, pleasant and punctual flight. Enjoyed hot drinks and a handmade sandwich. However, no water in the toilet washbasin to wash hands - nice Flight Attendant supplied "baby wipes" for the purpose. Return flight to Cambridge (CBG) was delayed by some 82 minutes on arrival - had sat in a rather warm plane on the tarmac at Malpensa for almost an hour before finally taking off. It seemed that delay was caused by the London Sector of ATC placing restrictions on traffic. During the 2 hours+ flight, we discovered that, again, the toilet basin tap was out of order. We are certain that the outbound and inbound planes were two different crafts, but what a coincidence about he taps! We have otherwise no complaint. Would we fly again from Cambridge with Darwin Airline despite the convenience of a departure point literally at our doorstep? The answer, at the moment, has to be: uncertain.

Darwin Airlines customer review :  6 June 2012 by David Monteiro   (Switzerland)

GVA-GOA-GVA, flights on time, old but comfortable cabin interior. Snacks and drinks served on this 45 min flight. A good experience.

DARWIN AIRLINE customer review :  8 January 2010 by Riccardo Cerutti

ZRH-LUG in economy. The flight is very short, so there is only a beverage service which consists in bottled water and, as a nice touch, a little swiss chocolate. Lugano airport is very little, so baggage arrived very soon.

Darwin Airline by Stefan Rustscheff

5 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

ZRH-LUG-ZRH business class. Darwin flies on behalf of Swiss domestically, so full Miles and More points are awarded. Seamless checkin with priority security in ZRH. Even better in LUG where they gave me boarding cards for two other legs which were in economy! No lounge in LUG but a nice restaurant where You get a voucher and a view of the mountains. Heidsieck champagne, smoked salmon and a profiterole. And smiling service - a very enjoyable and near perfect service. Fast, efficient and a very scenic flight.

Darwin Airline by Sandra Dean

2 October 2006

Darwin Airline - recent flight London City - Berne return - a delightful experience. Comfortable, friendly service with appetising snacks, a variety of drinks, comfortable and non-stressed. Service at both airports far more convenient and relaxed than Heathrow and Gatwick.

Darwin Airline by Harun Rathore

1 June 2006

ZRH-LUG-ZRH. Small and friendly company. Service on that 40-minute flight non-existent, but that is not Darwin ’s fault. The flight is operated for Swiss.

Darwin Airline by Filippo Molini

18 February 2006

Lugano-Rome, superb service. Very good value for money if booked in advance, around 90 euro one way.

Darwin Airline by Richard Mortara

14 February 2006

Lugano-Geneva return. Quick and easy check-in at Lugano (a tiny airport). Both flights on time and service was very good. Good sandwiches, drinks, refreshing towels and chocolate offered during flights of 35 minutes. Views of the Italian Lakes and the Alps en-route were superb. Crews smart, friendly and efficient. A good airline and worth using if you get the opportunity.

Darwin Airline- by Richard Shepherd

30 November 2005

LCY-Berne, Berne-Lugano return. Check-in at all 3 airports was friendly, quick and efficient. Onboard service was great and reminiscent of early Crossair but with a Ticino flavour (individual quality rolls/pastries and bottomless prosecco!). The flight BRN-LUG was memorable as we flew lower level over/through the Alps. Return flight faultless and on time.

Darwin Airline- by Thomas G. Schaad

28 July 2005

I used Darwin Airlines on the route Berne - London City - Berne. The check in in Berne as in London City was fast and efficient. No long waiting in either place and the advantage of the very short ways at Berne Airport. Both flights were leaving on time and handled in a professional and friendly manner. The SAAB 2000 is a fast, quiet and comfortable turboprop that competes many regional jets. Darwin offers a good on board service, including a variety of drinks, several sandwiches, cakes and sweets. The only downside was their coffee. They tried to convert the Nescafe into Espresso what simply didn't work out. I can recommend Darwin and will use it's services again.

PAGE:   1 |